Speaker 1: Hello, listeners, Welcome to the second ever Beauty Translated minisode. This week, I am here with friend of the pod, the Doll, the Diva. Please welcome her back. Miss Riley.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm back. How are you today, Diva? I am so good, Mama, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. I'm so glad you're here in the recording little virtual recording booth with us.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to be back in your studio.
Speaker 1: And you've been in the studio recently. Speaking of studios, you've been in the studio making music.
Speaker 3: Sure have I been on my host shit making a few bops and talks and.
Speaker 1: We absolutely so. Yeah, we're going to talk about We're going to talk about your debut single ho Shit in just a little bit. We are going to cover some news that's been going on in the community in the past, you know, a week or so, starting out with the bad stuff. Why we fucking hate it here? Where do we start, Mama girl? I hate it here because well, it started off with everybody and now the call is coming from inside the house and its personal. Yes, the call is and in all seriousness, all seriousness, we do have some pretty tragic news to cover today. Okay, This is some recent news that happened here in Atlanta. Actually we're going to talk about this is the murder of Ashley Burton.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Ashley was a thirty seven year old black trans woman originally from South Carolina, my home state. Also, she was shot fatally inside of her apartment, then again outside as she tried to flee on April fourteenth. She was a hairstylist and a makeup artist who was loved by many. Ashley is the second black trans woman to be murdered in this state within less than five months. On December ninth, the body of Destiny Howard was found in Macon, Georgia. Both of their murders remain unsolved. Rest in peace, Ashley Burton and Destiny Howard, May their families find justice. Okay, let's talk about this girl.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going on with the world right now, not even just the world, like America specifically.
Speaker 1: America specifically, we have a problem. The call is coming from inside the house.
Speaker 3: The ring ring ring, The lights are on and literally nobody's home and it's on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just want to say, like this is like an ongoing trend where we continue to see like black transwomen being the primary target for.
Speaker 2: Again and again and again and again and again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, transphobia is most always aimed at trans women and then primarily aimed at black trans women in this country especially right. So it's devastating to see. And my biggest concern is being from the state of Georgia, being from Atlanta, my biggest concent is is this going to be investigated and is it going to be taken seriously by the police?
Speaker 2: Right? That's like in your backyard.
Speaker 1: It is, it is. And of course they don't know what the motivation behind these murders were. We know what it was, though, absolutely we know what it is. Yeah, it was some angry like lover.
Speaker 3: Probably probably I'm going to go out on a limb and say, a male lover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true. You're more likely to be hurt by somebody who tells you that they love you.
Speaker 2: That's why I never say it back.
Speaker 1: Period, end of story. Okay, now that's fucked up. Rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Piece.
Speaker 1: On the same day, that was April fourteenth, On the same day, the state of Missouri made the fucked up move to drastically limit access to gender affirming care for trans people in the state. So basically What they have done is they have now said that you need to have three years of consistent documented gender dysphoria before they would even consider to treat you for gender dysphoria.
Speaker 3: So they're like, just to be miserable for three three months or years, three years, three years, three years, suffer with this, deal with it, and then maybe we'll consider you, Like maybe you deserve to not hate yourself. What fucked I just can't imagine caring about this is gonna sound fucked up. I can'mot not imagine caring about someone else like enough to like do all of this. Like don't you literally like have a family, do you have Like don't you have anything to worry about in the world, But like trans people you've never met and you're worried about them like peeping on you in the bathroom or something, or like it's.
Speaker 1: Just just us getting to be passable or even be a little bit passable in this world, Like like, well, I don't want us to have that ability.
Speaker 2: Because they won't beee able to take the dolls anymore.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, they already can't. I mean, look at what the state of California is producing. They are producing the dolls.
Speaker 2: They are producing the Traineese. Yes, California and Florida and Atlanta too. They've got the bodied girls.
Speaker 1: We are, well, not me. I'm working on it. I'm on my weight gaming journey.
Speaker 2: Are you are you going to do like a BBL or what are you going.
Speaker 1: To I'm trying to gain some weight because I want to do a fat transfer to my titties and my ass.
Speaker 3: You know, my friend Gigi just did that. She just did the fat transfer to her boobs and they look great.
Speaker 1: That. We love to hear the dolls getting their gender refirming care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nothing makes me happier, except if I were to hear when I was on mushrooms, then I would be excited even more. Tell me a girl got surge when I'm high on mushrooms and I'm really going to have a good day.
Speaker 1: Well girl, I can't wait to share that news with you.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited for to hear from you.
Speaker 1: My gun journey coming coming. To make it more fucked up, They've all also said that if you have depression or any other mental health issue such as autism, that you need to have those issues resolved before you can be considered for gender firming care.
Speaker 2: That doesn't even make any sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't because being a trainee is depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's never going to end, and like we're aware of that, so don't remind us exactly. The journey of a doll never ends, never.
Speaker 1: And they want us to be they want us to be bricked ugly just they want us to be just looking to hatchet face. Anyway, Well, anyway, we're going to go on a little break. Listeners, that's all we have for why we fucking hate it here.
Speaker 2: Well not at all. I mean, there's a million other reasons.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's just you. When we come back, we're going to move on to some lighter news. We're going to celebrate all right, oh shit, all right, listeners, and we're back onto the lighter news of the day. Let's celebrate that we can add Colorado to our growing list of states that have made legal protections for people's right to access abortions and gender affirming care in the state. Now, let's celebrate that. Can we celebrate that?
Speaker 2: Let us celebrate something?
Speaker 1: Yes, way to go go Colorado here.
Speaker 3: This one is for the girlies and their friends.
Speaker 1: The Bolterer Colorado Girlies, the Denver Colorado Girlies, smoke your weed, smoke.
Speaker 2: Your hormones, inject your weed period.
Speaker 1: All right, And the main event of today, the main thing that we are here to celebrate today is Riley just reallyased, not too long ago, your debut single, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I did hoh shit with you? Mean yes, I want to do hoh shit shit my legs and his waist. Then I'll send it.
Speaker 1: So tell us about the song and tell us about the music video the song.
Speaker 3: I just posted on my story one day because I was just like thinking about what I wanted to. It's like what did make me happy When I was little and I was like pretending to be a spice girl, and like when my my my biological dad, he would take me to like these motocross races and you know, like the hot girls with like the denim and like the wet like that was. I was just like in waver So I would go down and I get my posters signed from them. So I was like, I just want to combine the two of those things and make that.
Speaker 2: Be a career. Yeah, I was like, Okay.
Speaker 3: So my friend John, I was just like I would send him like lyrics randomly throughout like weeks, and he put them all together and helped me like make it not too insane.
Speaker 2: I had to be reeled back a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a great pop song. I fucking love it.
Speaker 3: I wanted it should be like a fierce like earworm stuck in your head, and I think we did it. And so for the video, we shot it at my friend House of Jack, his studio in downtown Los Angeles, and Kayleb from House of Avalon shot and edited the video. Grant from House of Abalon Creative directed. I had my friend Pinky who's a tatoo artist in the video, my friend Alex he was like in the BDSM part, and then my co writer and backup Vogels John was the one I was like getting fucked in the tattoo pilot biom.
Speaker 1: That was fucking hot. Your bare ass naked, I think, like actually.
Speaker 3: Like bear naked like the entire time. So sometimes I had like pasties over my nipples, but they were like nude colors. But like most of the time, I was like pretty much naked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just the way God intended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did God say? You're all born naked and the rest is estrogen, and the.
Speaker 1: Rest is estrogen and implants. Honey, honestly no. But the there's even like kind of a moment in the video where you kind of give like a little bit of like any linux vibe, like in your suit in the suit, yeah, yeah, and your orange hair that I was living for.
Speaker 3: Because I obviously love like super fem like naked body, like duh, we're trans Yeah. For me, it was very like I can't get no satisfaction. Oops, I did it again. Okay the VMA, you know where she takes up Brady takes off the suit and it's the rhinestone. So that was like my personal food board.
Speaker 1: I see that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when I was like, they were laughing at me because I was so uncomfortable in the suit, and as soon as I took my clothes off, they were like this, like this is just like weird because it's a different person. And I was like, I just shouldn't have my clothes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's better in her birthday suit.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let me, you know what, I spent my whole life hating my body and not knowing what's going on. Let me embrace it.
Speaker 1: And I love that. Let's celebrate that.
Speaker 2: Let's fucking celebrate that.
Speaker 1: Let's celebrate that. So Where can we stream the song and watch the video.
Speaker 3: You can watch hoh shit the video on YouTube and Vimeo, and you can listen to it on Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, everywhere you listen to music.
Speaker 1: Per Is there more music in the works? What do we got coming down the pipeline?
Speaker 3: Oh, my fucking god, there is new music in the works. First of all, making music is first well, making real music is very expensive, yeah, because it's not like I like, no shade to people that do it on their their MacBook and shit, I wish I could. I don't know how to do any so I like have a producer and like, you know, you pay your people right, So it's expensive.
Speaker 2: But I have like a few.
Speaker 3: Little like demo songs. One of them is with Coyle, the same person who did my host shit, and then another one is with his name's crapface. He did a vacation Bible school for Aisha Erotika awesome. And then my other friend Tyler, We're gonna so I'm just like I wanted to all sound different from the next.
Speaker 1: So is everything's going to be different producers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want it to be like a very colorful library.
Speaker 1: Wonderful so or is there going to be an album drop EP drop?
Speaker 3: So there was supposed to be an EP drop in March, okay, and then shit happened. I had a surgery and then I was moving. So everything's pushed back. But hopefully this summer there'll be some summer bops. She's been working on a few things.
Speaker 1: Yes, look forward to those summer bops from Miss Riley. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Dash. Can I plug one more thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Plug one more thing.
Speaker 2: So this has not been announced anywhere yet, nobody.
Speaker 1: Knows exclusive you heard it here first.
Speaker 2: I'm on Dragon No, I'm just kidding. I was are die No not for me goal.
Speaker 3: There is this brand called Zoa that have you heard of Zoa? They had it's like a trans owned company for tucking and swimwear.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if I'm even allowed to say it, but I've been working on a collab with them, Oh my god, and it comes out this summer. It's a bra and a panty and it was colored choice picked by me take a wild guest, and like the design and everything. So I'm so excited to just like, this is my first like collab with a brand and I like help design it, and it's for the fucking dolls.
Speaker 2: Girl. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm oh my god, give me, give me that link, give me on the pr list, whatever you gonna do. I want that bar panty, honey.
Speaker 3: That the bra is really nice too because it has an insert too for like girls that were like the little cutlets. You can put those in or you can have the option to not.
Speaker 1: I can push my little tities then mm hm or nobody.
Speaker 2: I mean like you can put like like the little patties. Yeah, the patty prosthetic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so excited, Riley, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy, so excited, and I'm just really glad. It's like it's trans owned. It's like with a really great like leader of the community, Danny James. She's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. I'm so fucking thrilled. I can't wait for that. It's gonna make me want to be naked all the time, ready to do your host shit exactly, tucked and everything period. Okay, Well, tell the listeners where they can find you and follow you rightly.
Speaker 3: They can follow me on my Instagram, which is Riley r y L I E. The number four ever, and then there's a link tree in my bio with all of the the little sites in the links and the webs and the this is and that's in the nudes and you know the period.
Speaker 1: And I actually I put your link tree in the episode description for you listeners, so check that out. And if you haven't already checked out the episode that Riley and I recorded previously together, please check that one out. It's a fun listen. And that's all for today's episode, y'all. We will be back on Wednesday with another stunning full length episode of Beauty Translated, featuring the stunning woman herself, Calpernia Adams.
Speaker 2: Stop it, I've been waiting a yo.