Speaker 1: Breaking news. Now here's Sean Hannity.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go as we start the show today. Thank you for being with us. Let me give you my to ur tol mind our toll free number. It's eight hundred and ninety four one Seawn. All right. So the battle over the motion to vacate pushed forward by Matt Gates that now has had a number of preliminary votes and the House now debating in the lead up to a vote on whether to alice Speaker McCarthy. My sources are telling me it's just too close to call whether or not that's going to happen or not. What's been interesting to watch in the lead up to this is McCarthy did not have to hold this vote today. He could have talked to Democrats and cut a deal with them. He said that's not an option for me, and he's just letting it go. And right now there's a lot of angst and anger among the majority of Republicans against Matt Gates for doing this. Matt Gates just got up to speak.
Speaker 3: Let's play this, gentlemen from Oklahoma's time is reserved, gentlemen from.
Speaker 4: Florida, Mister speaker, my friend from Oklahoma says that my colleagues and I who don't support Kevin McCarthy would plunge the House and the country into chaos. Chaos is Speaker McCarthy. Chaos is somebody who we cannot trust with their word. The one thing that the White House, House Democrats and many of us on the conservative side of the Republican Caucus would argue is that the thing we have in common, Kevin McCarthy said something to all of us at one point or another that he didn't really mean and never intended to live up to. I don't think voting against Kevin McCarthy is chaos. I think thirty three trillion in debt is chaos. I think that facing a two point two trillion dollar annual deficit is chaos. I think that not passing single subject spending bills is chaos. I think the fact that we have been governed in this country since the mid nineties by continuing Resolution and Omnibus is chaos. And the way to liberate ourselves from that is a series of reforms to this body that I would hope would outlast Speaker McCarthy's time here, would outlast my time here, and would outlast either of our majorities, reforms that I have heard some of the most conservative members of this body fight for, and some of the reforms that we've been battling for that I've even heard those in the Democrat Caucus say would be worthy and helpful to the House, like open amendments, like understanding what the budget is. We have been out of compliance with budget laws for most.
Speaker 1: Of my life, most of many of your lives.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if we did those things, if we had single subject bills, if we had an understanding on the top line, if we had open amendments, if we had trust and honesty and understanding, there would be times when my conservative colleagues and I would lose. It might be a few times when we'd win. There'd be times that we would form partnerships that might otherwise not be really predictable in the American body politic, But the American people would see us legislating these last few days. We've suspended the momentum that we had established the week earlier, where we were bringing bills to the floor, voting on them, staying late at night, working hard. That's what the American people expect. It's something Speaker McCarthy hasn't delivered, and that's why I've moved to vacate the chair.
Speaker 3: I reserve Gentleman Seimer's reserve.
Speaker 2: Genlefro All right, let me let me know when we have Jim Jordan queued up as a matter right, we have it now. He just spoke a second ago. Let's go right to that.
Speaker 3: Hio is recognized for three minutes.
Speaker 1: I thank the gentleman for yielding.
Speaker 5: On January third, we said the one hundred and eighteenth Congress is about three things. Pass the bills that need pass, do the oversight work that needs to be done, and stop the inevitable omnibus that comes from the United States Senate right before the holidays. Kevin McCarthy has been rock solid on all three. We have passed the bills we told the American people we would pass. Eighty seven thousand iras agents. That bill passed, parents Bill of Rights, that bill passed, Energy legislation, passed, Border security, immigration enforcement legislation, the strongest bill ever to pass the Congress passed earlier this year.
Speaker 1: We have done what we told them we were going to do.
Speaker 5: We can't help, but the Senate won't take up those good common sense bills. They'll have to answer to the American people come election day. Oversight. We have done the oversight that we're supposed to do. Because of our oversight, we know that parents were targeted by the Department of Justice. Because of our oversight, we know that fifty one former Intel officials misled the country weeks before the most important election we have.
Speaker 1: And because of our oversight, the.
Speaker 5: Disinformation Governance Board at the Department of Homeland Security is gone. Because of our oversight, the memo attacking pro life Catholics has been rescinded because.
Speaker 1: Of our oversight.
Speaker 5: Unannounced visits to Americans home by the Internal Revenue Service has stopped. That happened under Speaker McCarthy. And on the third one, on this side of that, we know there's a big, old, ugly bill coming at the end of the year, all kinds of spending, all kinds of garbage in it.
Speaker 1: We're still in that fight.
Speaker 5: Frankly, to Matt's point, we don't know how that one's going to shake out, but we do know this.
Speaker 1: We do know this.
Speaker 5: On Saturday, we didn't take the Senate's bill they tried to send over and shove it down. Our throats on side. We didn't take that bill, and it was a tough position he was in.
Speaker 1: There were five options on the table last week.
Speaker 5: Option one was send a long term cr over there that would have leverage the one percent cut, something a bunch of us voted for.
Speaker 1: Both parties couldn't get the votes for that.
Speaker 5: When second option was to focus on d one issue, the country now is completely focused on the border issue. We couldn't get the votes for that one either. But when the Senate tried to send us that bill, he said no to it. I think the Speaker has kept his word. My colleagues and friends are saying different. I think he has kept his word on those three things that we talked about on January third, Franklin that entire week.
Speaker 1: He has kept his word. I think we should keep him as speaker. I yeel back, all right.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of things that are going on here. So I'm literally texting with members right now that are on the House floor as we speak. And Chip Roy who'll be with us at the top of the next hour, and Byron Donald's will be with us at the top of the next hour. He just wrote, I said, how's this end? He writes, it's going to be close. It is going to be close, and you know, it's it's hard to say. I just don't know. Now that a lot of people say, well, what happens if that happens. I guess it's something we need to look at at this moment. But after these last ditch efforts anyway, Republicans now went forward with the idea. It's probably fifty to fifty maybe more of a likelihood McCarthy will be removed according to some people with the dye ynamics, some people speaking only on the condition of anonymity, So I'm not sure I would vote those people. As in the push McCarthy out category, a majority of Republicans avowed to renominate McCarthy to the position, not allow the House to adjourn until he retakes the speakership, many pointing out that there's a united front within the GOP conference to prevent anyone else from winning the speakership bub McCarthy, Though, they realize that if the anti McCarthy Republicans never flipp they're going to have to rely on Democrats to determine the speaker. Democrats. You know what if I was then might sit back and I enjoy the Adam Shift show, and I wouldn't lift a finger to help anybody. And that's what I would advise Republicans to do. At the time, McCarthy himself, this is under House rules, was required to turn over to the House Clerk. What is a list of members that could temporarily serve as Speaker of the House if in fact he is ousted from power or if the office becomes vacant. The list is secret. The power would allow a lawmaker of McCarthy's choosing to temporarily exercise the powers of the speakership. The rules do require that the Speaker pro temp must be a current member of the House. By the way, you don't have to even be an elected member of Congress to be speaker. The speaker's ship is more than just one of the most powerful posts in Congress. The House Speaker is also the second in line to the presidency after the vice presidency. Congressional rules expert did point out that this temporary speaker could theoretically remain in power. The Speaker pro tem could stay in the chair. It's just one of the many possibilities that could unfold here. The name that I've heard most often although he just got up and spoke in favor of Speaker McCarthy was what's his name, congressman now ms, what's his name? He's from Minnesota, Emmers from Minnesota. Anyway, So right now this is going to be close according to the people. Here's what the votes that we're looking at, you know, Crane, Rosenberg, Biggs, Gates, Good and Burshett Hard No, unclear about Buck Mills and a few others. So it's going to be a close vote today. Bad the guests, maybe they get they out oust them by one at this moment. One of the things that's frustrating to me, and and I know Speaker of Gingrich is furious about this. He actually on Tuesday call for House Republicans to expel Matt Gates. Look, I don't think tip for tat is the answer to this either, and the idea that Republicans would turn on another Republican and try and use an ethics violation that probably had its own political motivations behind it is the answer either. What's frustrating is, on the one hand, Gates starts out with the proposition that is dead on accurate. There was promised to do a appropriations bills they didn't get them all done on time, and they shouldn't have taken the August recess as far as I'm concerned. But you know, frankly, the more time these people are out of Washington, I think the better of most of us are. But the twelve Appropriations Bill, you know, the beauty if there's any good to take out of the forty five day Extension CR, which was the worst CR of the three that were brought up, the beauty is they can get all twelve appropriations done and complete and therein satisfy what people that have been anti McCarthy have been saying that they want. You know, I've been listening to some of these guys and they've been even critical of Jordan and James Comer, and I'm like, well, that's really not warranted considering all that they've been able to discover and expose under very difficult circumstances, because nobody in the Biden White House has been cooperative in any way, shape, mannor form u. But ging Rich is even saying that the Republicans could expel Gates. That's not an option either. They don't have the margins to do it. One of the reasons we're in this position is because the margin of the Republican majority is that small. But I will tell you at the end of the day, if they are seen as a party you know that can't get their act together, that's not going to end well for them or for anybody. Uh and certainly not heading into an election year where all of them are up for reelection. So anyway, the what what's what's going to be interesting to watch here is if whether in fact the Republicans, you know, what what they do here first and foremost. But what's frustrating to me is there were two opportunities, two for the Republicans to really get their act together and and get it and have a continuing resolution that meant something. And this is what Chip Roy and Byron Donald's and they'll join us again at the top of the next hour, were very successful and putting together and threading a needle and doing a great job. The first one was an eight percent cut in spending across the board with three exceptions, Defense, Homeland Security, and veterans. Eight percent cut for thirty days to give time to finish the appropriations process. To me was a good deal. It was you know, the Gates flank that decided they didn't want to go along with that. I thought that was a good deal. And by the way that they were all Freedom Caucus guys, Scott Perry, Byron Donald's, Chip Roy, these are solid, solid conservatives. The second one, they actually were going to cut a whopping, you know, thirty percent in spending, I mean, which is a massive amount of money. I have the exact specifications here on what it is that they put forward, and I thought it worked. One, it would increase spending for the Department of Defense plus twenty eight billion dollars in line with the debt deal. It would include funding for veterans and increase that two point five billion, and the Department of Homeland Security. But it also would have combined with HR two. HR two is the Republican Bill, which would be the giant step that would end Biden's open borders policies. And the two main goals that Republicans should be having as a result of this opportunity, where they would otherwise have leverage if they stuck together, is to fight for demand and not back down on the issue of fiscal responsibility, drastic cuts, getting rid of this previous financial deal that was made. This omnibus deal that was made with Schumer and McConnell back in December and change that upfront. That would be the number one goal. The second goal's got to be to close our borders, and if they would pull that off, they'd be doing the country a great service and fulfilling their own campaign promises. Well, we'll see anyway, the debate is under not sure how long that will last. We'll follow it all throughout the afternoon, full complete coverage of all of this. We've got updates on what's going on. What do you hear with this judge in this Trump case actually had to say in a speech at Queensboro College just a few years ago. Let me tell you the frustrating part from my point of view as I watch all of this is and Donald Trump summed it up well in a truth Social posting this morning. Why is the Republicans are always fighting among themselves? Why aren't they fighting the radical love Democrats that are destroying the country, he writes on truth Social. And it came during a break during his fraud trial, which, by the way, we have new news to break on that front today, which we will do. And the reality is, when you have a four vote margin that is so tiny. And I've been saying this over and over again that and I've said this privately to many of these people that have disagreements, get behind closed doors, throw your phones, you know, in the garbage somewhere outside, and get together and hammer out agreements. Because at the end of the day, it's not Republican policies that are hurting the country. What's hurting the country is what the democratic radical climate alarmist religious cult is doing to the country. And with a four vote majority, sometimes three, based on circumstances, you don't have any margins to play with here, Hannity, Last Big Government.
Speaker 6: This is the Sean Hannity Show, all.
Speaker 2: Right, twenty five down to the top of the hour, toll free. Our number is eight hundred nine point one. Sean. If you want to be a part of the program, you know, I understand the frustration of some people because they want to get back to what Congress ought to be doing. There is a very valid argument to this that we need to have an appropriations process as a matter of course, and that is funding twelve separate bills. So far, they have dealt with four of the twelve. They haven't gotten the twelve complete. Now, the beauty of what Chip Roy and Scott Perry and Byron Donald's have done is they provided leading up to today which would have rendered today irrelevant. And frankly, I just think it's just a bad look for the Republicans overall. I understand it, considering the margin is tiny and small, and you know, everybody's got their own little agenda, you know, agenda's going on, and I understand the principle of wanting to have appropriations bills. Okay, in a way, the people that have been fighting for that actually won that battle. Had they only just taken the bridge that was offered by conservatives of the Freedom Caucus, and that was Chip Roy, Byron Donald, Scott Perry, and that would have been an eight percent cut immediately, while they temporarily would up funding for the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, for the borders, and veterans. Then they came up with a thirty Then they came up with thirty percent across the board cut again with funding of those three priorities, and that that would have, you know, not required what we ended up with, which was a forty five day continuing resolution occurrent spending levels. But if the goal here is and the goal is noble, and the goal is right, and this is certainly worth fighting for if you want the appropriations bills that will deal with all of these issues. The beauty is if the Republicans can break this log jam within the House of Representatives. Remember, they have one half of one body of Congress here, one branch of Congress. And the beauty of it is that had they taken that bridge, passed and finished the appropriates build process, all of the issues surrounding securing the border HR two, all of the issues involving funding for defense, homeland security, border security, veterans benefits, and all of the necessary spending cuts so we can avoid two trillion dollars in new debt next year like we've had this year. That that would have been a job well done and everyone could pat each other on the back with the massive win because at that point, as soon as they pass that bill with their small majority, and we still may get there, and I'm hopeful that we may get there. If we get there, then that means okay, now the Senate's got to deal with this. I want the pressure on Mitch McConnell, not on the House of Representative House is nowhere near the problem that the senators. The Senate is where the real problem is. But then you'd get conservatives in the Senate like Mike Lee and Ted Cruse and Ran Paul and Mark Rubio and others saying, uh huh, we're going along with a House bill. Then they've got themselves a problem in the Senate. When they finally try to pass a bill, they will pass a bill with a lot more spending and a lot less border security, and then they go to a conference with the House, and at that point the House can just hold firm and then if anybody at that point is going to be responsible for a quote the dreaded government shutdown that never really is dreaded. You know, it is all hype, It is all misinformation, and it's unfortunately, as they fight amongst themselves here, this is the wrong place, the wrong time, the wrong fight, especially considering we had multiple off ramps put together by some of the most solid conservative members in the House, as supported by even Donald Trump, who has weighed in on this, and it is right in his comments that you know why he actually took time from his own New York trial involving his business empire to actually put on truth social Why are these Republicans fighting among themselves? Why are they not fighting the radical left Democrats that are the ones destroying the country. That's that, That is where the focus and the fight needs to be. We might get there. You know, I'm not wringing my hands as all of this unfolds. You know, it's you know, sometimes you got to break a few eggs to get a good scrambled egg lunch. There. Let me go to a Steve Scalize, who just spoke the majority leader.
Speaker 7: Mister Scalise is recognized, Speaker, thank my friend from Oklahoma for yielding. And when we go back to January, as many people have, we knew that it was going to be a narrow majority. We also knew that it wasn't going to be easy.
Speaker 1: How many of us.
Speaker 7: Came here because we thought this job was going to be easy. How many of us thought the task ahead of us to address the problems to this country was going to be easy.
Speaker 1: One thing we did know is that if we were.
Speaker 7: Going to finally start confronting problems that had been ignored for years and years and years, we had to change the way that this place worked. And one thing, Speaker McCarthy embraced from day one is to start making those kind of changes to this institution, opening up the process, allowing members to be more engaged, having amendments come to the floor, single subject bills, doing appropriations bills. Yes, making that happen overnight is not something that happens automatically, but it started to happen and we are now seeing the fruits of it. Just last week, we had four different appropriations bills on this House floor, four different ones. Now, those bills took weeks and weeks to finally get to the floor, going through an open committee process, hundreds of amendments each one of them, where Republicans Democrats could bring their ideas abated those bills on the floor, some until after midnight, where members can actually participate in the process. This has been a broken process for a long time, but it's a process where we if we're going to confront the problems that families are facing, because right now we need to resolve our differences inside this House chamber before we can then go and fight for those families who are struggling. But every single day across America, families are struggling with real problems that we're going to have to get back to solving and those problems are real for them. It's inflation, it's the economy, it's high energy costs. It's an open southern border that doesn't just affect the border states. It's affecting every state. Republican districts, Democrat districts. Everybody knows it. And it can be ignored by the White House. But this House is the only body that started to take action. When we with HR two and then with the border bill last week, and with over the action we took last week, over seventy percent of government funding passed out of the House. However, everybody voted Republican or Democrat. This House passed funding for over seventy percent of the federal government's operation. And it's sitting over in the Senate where they've passed zero. And we're going to beat up each other and talk about our internal processes, and we need to get our internal processes working better art here and if we don't focus these next forty five days, because that's what we've got in front of us. We've got two bills this week, We've got two more appropriations bills next week, and if we're going to be confronting those We've got to stay focused on our mission. What the other side does, Let's continue to put pressure on them, but we also need to put pressure on ourselves to do our job. And Speaker McCarthy's been leading at the top of the level to make sure that we have the tools to do our job in a different way than the House has done it before. This House is going to have to continue to make those changes. But the American people sent us here to confront those problems. We're finally starting to This isn't the time to slow that process down. We need to keep doing our work. We need to keep fighting for those families who are struggling. But so does the Senate, and so does the White House as well. Let's keep doing this work that we were sent here to do.
Speaker 2: I yeel back stally in many way echoing my comments that where the pressure point needs to be is on that other body, the US Senate, because if the House, if the House passes what is responsible, and they make their case to the American people, they're going to win that debate. They're going to win it. They're gonna win it hands down. Want to remind you it's the twentieth anniversary over My Pillow. And by the way, you know what new technology is now allowed Mike Lindell to tweak the original MyPillow using this new technow. It's My Pillow two point zero. Now it has the same patented adjustable soft fill that you love in your original My Pillow, but now the fabric is made with temperature regulating threads and the MyPillow two point oh that means it's the smoothest, the softest, and the coolest pillow you'll ever own. In other words, you ever wake up at night and you flip your pillow over because you want the cooler side of the pillow. I do it all the time. Anyway, you don't need to do with My Pillow two point zero regularly seventy nine ninety eight, but with the twenty anniversary sale going on just thirty nine ninety nine, King Size ten bucks more. My Pillow two point zero has that temp temperature regulating technology one hundred percent made in the US, ten year warranty, sixty day unconditional money back guarantee. MyPillow dot Com. Sean Hannity Square thirty nine ninety nine for the Queen's size, You're gonna love it MyPillow dot Com, Sean Hannity Square. Anyway, so we're just watching this on poll Let me give you a little bit of a timeline of by the way, Chad is looking for the number to call in. By the way, Linda if you can, okay, But anyway, so the timeline is at some point, maybe in the next five or ten minutes, we're told what's scheduled anyway, is they're going to have a vote, but it's not going to be an electronic vote, which means it's going to probably take a little bit of time, maybe as long as thirty thirty five forty five minutes somewhere in that area. Again, I'm guestimating here, so I don't know for sure. Also, throughout the day one available, when this debate adds and the votes start taking place, will get calls, probably just off the House floor from people like Chip Roy and Byron Donalds and others. They're going to check in anyway. One other thing that I want to know now we have yet to discuss that Hunter Biden, by the way, is pleading not guilty today to the gun charge against him. Ironically, we're told that they're going to use the defense of the Second Amendment. Now that's going to get interesting. However, these are the laws that have been supported by you know, his own father. It's it's really interesting. And this is I think, is that I want to play for you. This judge in this case. Remember the judge yesterday notices he's on live TV. Oh, let me smile for the cameras. Let me look really good here and remember that yesterday. Oh okay, Well, that judge, by the way, just slapped a gag order because Donald Trump had said something about the clerk. Let me see what this says. This is just breaking as we speak. Uh, where is that there? It is, No, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: It is the judge issues the gag order in this case in New York on Donald Trump after the former president quote disparage the key court stafford during his civil business broad trial. The judge issue the order applies to all parties in the case. Anyway. By the way, chat program is actually right outside the House Chamber. He has been watching this in real time as we have. He knows all things Washington, DC more than anybody. Hitchhiker's Guide to whether or not Speaker McCarthy will be removed in the next hour.
Speaker 8: How are you, sir, Well, this is quite an unprecedented day here in Congress. At some point in the next couple of hours here we will have an answer to the fate of Kevin McCarthy, the current House speaker. What they're debating right now is whether or not to force a vote to remove Kevin McCarthy. And at the end of this debate, what they will do is they will ask members to vote by their seats. They will call the role orally. Members will vote by name as they're called alphabetically and say yes or no. Do they support this motion to vacate the chair. This has not happened since nineteen ten. And if that motion is adopted, then there is no speaker of the House. Things are absent, and by rule, what they're supposed to do is go in and then start electing a speaker. This is much what happened in January. The House cannot function without a speaker. You can't put other bills on the floor, you can't debate other.
Speaker 2: But I thought McCarthy also handed over a list.
Speaker 8: Well, you see, but that's the speaker pro temp. We've never had that before, and that's basically based on a nine to eleven contingency of government, so there will be a speaker ProTem who would oversee that debate of the election of the next speaker, whether it be Kevin McCarthy or somebody else. But that person is not They can't do anything else except just elected speaker. That they can't move other bills and things like that. They had the President of the House is to elect a speaker and we've almost never been to this position in House history before.
Speaker 2: You know, I look at President Trump's tweet on truth social Why is it Republicans are always fighting among themselves? Why aren't they fighting the radical left Democrats that are destroying the country? And I tend to agree with him, and especially the timing of this, you know, frankly, couldn't be any worse, especially when there were two resolutions put together by some of the most conservative members. I think you'd agree with me, Chip Roy and Byron Donald's and Scott Perry was a part of it. Freedom Caalcus members That one would have allowed an eight percent cut across the board but for Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the borders and veterans programs, while they passed a thirty day cr so they could finish the appropriations process and passing the twelve appropriations bills has been what Matt Gates has been complaining about the most. Isn't it don it?
Speaker 8: That's right, and that's where you know the alcolytes from the loyalist Kevin McCarthy said, this is going to inhibit any of our progress that we may here. We're not going to be able to fund the government. We're not going to be able to make some of the cuts that conservatives are demanded if we don't have a speaker, because again, you know, the House can't act if there's no speaker. And there's a fear on the Republican side of the aisle that if this was on for a few days or weeks, I mean there's one speaker's election longest in eighteen fifty five, fifty six took two months, that you're going to wind up with some other speaker, a coalition speaker, maybe a Democratic speaker, because again, it's not the most votes that win in the House. You have to have this is the rule to elect speaker sean an outright majority of all members casting ballots for somebody by me. So you always hear me say it's about the math. So if they need four and four and thirty three current members right now, you need at least two hundred and seventeen members to vote for someone by me, and the fact that Kevin McCarthy has eleven on his side, who won't they're able to outpace him on that on that point, but they can't get to two seventeen either, So nobody knows how we get out of this call de sect. I mean, this might go on for a while, frankly, if this next vote goes the direction that is reflected in the vote earlier that got us to this point.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you this, because I've been speak peaking with members. They've been texting me while they're on the floor, even right now. And the last text I got from Congressmanship Roy said, you know that he's looking at He says he thinks it's going to be close. I'm not so sure if it's going to be that close. You tell me if I'm right or wrong in my gut. And he talked about Crane, Rosenberg, Biggs, Gates, Good and Burshett hard No, unclear about Buck Mills and a few others. So what is your count currently because you're right there on the ground, you might have a better feel for it.
Speaker 8: Possible to know, frankly, because we just we've never been to this area before. And members might vote present, they might not actually vote, and so that changes the vote calculus here. And so even if you get a few of those you know on board there you spill, still might not have the votes necessary to you know, get over this next hurdle here, let alone elect to speak. See, that's why it's so dangerous, and the reason it's so hard to figure out what the magic number is is that you don't know how many people are actually casting ballots until the end of that vote. That requires some very complex parliamentary algebra.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's walk through possible scenarios. Obviously it's easy if McCarthy is still the speaker, then they move on with regular order and they get back to the business of the people. Correct.
Speaker 8: Yes, but he is a weekend speaker at that point, because you know this happened to him had a four seat majority. He's considered to be a pretty weak speaker going in because you know it took fifteen rounds back in January, and so, yes, but you know, the first big problem of the where are these votes going to come to fund the government?
Speaker 2: Well, but the biggest argument that MATC. Gates has been making, and by the way, in my view, it's a legitimate one. However, I thought that the short term proposals, which I didn't understand why conservatives opposed it. There were two of them. The first one was the one that I mentioned, the eight percent cut, and the second one, the late latest one, was even a little more hardcore, and that was that was the thirty percent cut of the federal bureaucracy and increasing funding for defense and veterans benefits and the Department of Homeland Security combined with HR two, and that was rejected as well.
Speaker 8: Why was that rejected, Well, because some of these members they just don't want to vote for anything. It's not going to be you know, Matt Gates used the term bald rolling earlier, the idea that they put these bills together, that they should be individual bills. There's some members and by the way, I don't know if you you're watching that this is getting really heated on the House floor right now where Matt Gates is really having it out here, and there's a lot of booing from the Republican side of the island and it's watching this in real time here.
Speaker 2: Sun, hang on, let me put it up right now.
Speaker 8: And Sewan, I have to interrupt here because the New York Control Room on the television.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go ahead, you got to get back to TV. Let's go back to the floor of the House. Chad Cuba program, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'll be happy to fund my political operation through the work of hardworking Americans and twenty and thirty dollars at a time, and you all keep showing up at the lobbyist fundraisers and see how that goes for you. I reserve.
Speaker 3: Once again in the chair, would admonish those speaking from the floor to direct their comments to the chair. Gentleman from Oklahoma, Miss Speaker out inquires to how much time remains for each side. From Oklahoma controls three minutes. The gentleman from Florida as three minutes as well.
Speaker 2: I advise the gentleman from Florida. I'm prepared to close. If he is the speaker.
Speaker 3: I yield the balance of my time to my great friend from North Dakota, mister Armstrong. Gentleman from North Dakota, Mister Armstrong is recognized with the remaining three minutes.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister Speaker.
Speaker 6: Let's be clear why we're here, because the incentive structure in this town is completely broken. We no longer value loyaltygrity, competence, or collaboration. Instead, we have descended to a place where clicks, TV hits and the never ending quest for the most mediocre taste of celebrity drives decisions and encourages juvenile behavior that is so far beneath this esteemed body. Kevin McCarthy has done more in nine months to restore the People's House than any speaker in decades. We have done regular order, we have out had open amendments, and every single member of this Chamber has the right, the ability, and the.
Speaker 1: Opportunity to be heard on the floor.
Speaker 6: It's been messy, it's been raucous, and at times it's been chaotic, and God bless every minute of it. Because democracy is supposed to be hard, and because the alternative is a closed door process where two thousand page bills come out of the Speaker's office at midnight and are forced to the floor of the next morning. Kevin McCarthy has broken that cycle. That alone is enough for him to remain our speaker, but that doesn't deliver his opponents what they crave the most attention. We shouldn't stand for it. I won't stand for it. I will stand here with our speaker, with our leader that the overwhelming majority of our comperence supports. And you need to look no further than where the opponents are sitting today in this chamber.
Speaker 1: They're not over here, they're over there.
Speaker 2: So you have a very small minority of Republicans wanting to vacate the chair. The vote seems like it's going to be starting by the time we get back from break. We'll take a break, we'll come back the latest on this vote to vacate Speaker McCarthy