Speaker 1: Oh yeah, LFGM most Vulcan gold Mets. I'm nervous for you. We gotta get out of here soon because the game's on now exactly.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich, Welcome to our Bonus podcast live from Los Angeles normally on Fox Sports Radio two to four on the West, five to seven on the East course. Sir's Cobino and Rich. Wherever you stream, and if you're just listening to this, you watch the video and we're on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page.
Speaker 1: A old on I'm Steve. That is Rich Davis. There's a dancing Kelsey. He's part of the show now he is. And my way, Rich, you mind if I put on my new glasses. I don't want to make you horny?
Speaker 2: Oh you do.
Speaker 1: Look like the Vato Austin Powers, sophisticated Votto with the new glasses.
Speaker 2: All right, smart already see I.
Speaker 1: Feel like there was a baseball player that was like, oh, I got glasses now I could see Chris Sabo.
Speaker 2: He's the legend. Yes, every little league kid growing up in the eighties with glasses and croquies.
Speaker 1: Sabol saboy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, lots to get to today. We're gonna talk about pranks. And Sports. Something happened to Rob Gronkowski. Really good, you guys gotta see it. Plus richest picks for the weekend for tonight football. Yeah, buddy, stick around for that. But who would have thought? I saw a meme?
Speaker 1: Ritch? What a thunk it?
Speaker 2: I saw a meme from the twenty twenty two Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 1: Hold on glasses, he doesn't read memes. You were reading some literature. I was reatten, Yes, yes, first I was reading some poetry. Some literature.
Speaker 2: Came across some meme and I was like, wow, man, look at this. Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield on the same team in twenty twenty two. No one gave it dittally squat about him, right, Yeah, people were calling it over for these guys. Ah, they're done, They're a wash and now tearing up the league. Well, let me give you a couple of stats that boyd sophisticated. Sam Donald eleven tuddies, three interceptions, Baker Mayfield eight tuddies, two interceptions. They both have qbrs way over one hundred, and they're both just shy of the thousand yards passing And we're only four weeks into the NFL thousand yards passing no way. Well again, who would have thought what no way? Not me, not you? But it's so cool to see, man. I love the underdog story. I love the story of Hey, they counted them out and to see them come back and prove everybody wrong. I love that. I feel like that inspires me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people and probably you, who counted you out, didn't believe in you, and I love that motivation. I think whatever motivates you was great. So if that gives you that chip on your shoulder to show other people and to show yourself at the same time, I'm all for it. Man. Baker, Mayfield and Donald are slaying what the problem is.
Speaker 1: Everyone has a ted lasso, as I say, memory of a goldfish. Yeah, we forget Baker and Sam Donald. We're both top picks to picks in the NFL is grand opening, grand closing.
Speaker 2: If you don't if you don't produce immediately, you know it's a win now league. Everybody wants quick results. We're quick to toss these people out, and they proved everybody wrong. Listen, we're only twenty something to percent into the season. I don't want to put you on the spot, but do both these quarterbacks play January postseason football. Yeah, I think so. I think you know, we're getting to the point now where we could say, yeah, the Vikings are legit. I mean, I think Baker and the Bucks are legit. I've always thought that, and I think they rally around him.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think he brings a new like stress fee free vibe to the team that Tom Brady hates. And I think, without question.
Speaker 1: What stress free go to Disney World.
Speaker 2: You know, he's there to lighten up the mood. Donald and the Vikings we can now say are legit and like the Saints, maybe not so much, but the Vikings legit.
Speaker 1: Don't sleep on that defense in Minnesota. It's all about Sam Donald, justin Jefferson weapons, but that defense. You saw what they've done to some pretty good teams, including by forty nine or ce Vikings. Sam Donald. I'm loving the story, but who would have thought?
Speaker 2: Right? And it goes to show you a good change of scenery could do a lot for an athlete, a lot for you. Right now, it makes us think of other examples of.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought would away? How about Leonardo DiCaprio when we were kids watching Growing Pains and they bring this new little dufist on the show. He's a handsome kid.
Speaker 2: Hold on, keep in mind, Kirk Cameron was the most popular team going at the time. On the cover of every Team Beat, Tiger Beat TV guy Kirk Cameron was everywhere. Forget about Ben. No one cared about Ben Jeremy Miller Ben. If you would have said, well, who's gonna be the big star of Growing Pains, it would have been Kirk Cameron.
Speaker 1: Leon DiCaprio the movie star. So yeah, he was a cute kid and he played the role. But no one would have guessed that this guy would be Leonardo.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe insigners, maybe he thought that right people close to him and in his circle, but no one watching that showould have ever thought he'd be the biggest movie star ever.
Speaker 1: Between those two guys, are there? They like the same maje women? What what know? I mean, what's a joke? Twenty five years old, he's got to know in the league.
Speaker 2: But who would have thought?
Speaker 1: Who would have thought?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have thought that? And how about this Renaldo? Have you ever seen this guy before he got money, before he got fame. You ever see his teeth and what he looked like, who would have thought that guy on the left would have six hundred and thirty nine million followers on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Do you mean the most followed man on planet Earth? The number one superstar? Like, listen, we're jaded here the States. We're thinking, who you know Lebron James or uh, you know Patrick Mahomes or Kelsey? No, no, no, the biggest name of the world, Renald Seriously.
Speaker 2: You would have never thought that. I don't I think he would have thought that. When you look back at O their pictures. Look, people follow him because he's a superstar in soccer, right, just a superstar period. But he's also really handsome And if you would have saw that ugly duckling back then, you would have never thought there'd be six hundred and thirty nine million people follow them all these years later.
Speaker 1: The next guy you want to bring up, I thought about this like the same way. Leonardo DiCaprio is part of a big show. But that doesn't mean you're gonna be a big star. There's a rock star I know you wanted to bring up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think one of these examples that always comes up in the world of rock. I don't know if you knew this, but I'm a rocking guy. Yeah, I know this turbo every night. Serious six M. Dave Grohl Man, the drummer from Nirvana, He's the least here of the Foo Fighters, the face.
Speaker 1: Of rock and roll. What no way, dude.
Speaker 2: No one would have ever thought, Dave Growl, No way, this goofy dude in Nirvana, I'm playing drums. Who Again, many have said he's not even on smells like teen Spirit, right, like he wasn't on the Bleach album. He came late to the band. The drummer from Nirvana is the face of rock and now going through marital issues.
Speaker 1: No one would have ever thought that. When you think of Dave Grohl, if you want to really upset anyone forty to fifty ish, Yeah, played dumb and say, you know, the drummer for Nirvana looks so much like the guy in Food Fighters, and then played dumb and I was.
Speaker 2: Seriously, dude, the drummer, I mean he gets a little more respect than the bass player, right, So to say that the drummer would be one of the biggest rock stars ever, the face of rock, you would have never believed that in the nineties and props him He's one of my favorites. Now I'm gonna go off. Look at this.
Speaker 1: If the singer from the Food Fighters shaved, he would look just like the drummer from Nirvana.
Speaker 2: I love that. Do the same, dude. Wow, I'm not going in.
Speaker 1: A different direction because as a kid, I would never have thought this Because as a little boy and my little hul Comania workouts set, I had the wrestling ring.
Speaker 2: He still uses those.
Speaker 1: I still flex in the mirror like the Hulkster when he became Hollywood Hogan and everyone loved it and the nWo was the biggest thing going. I would never have thought that real American Hulk Hogan would become the best heel in wrestling history.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it flipped the wrestling world upside down. We see it in the Mister McMahon documentary on Netflix. If you haven't watched it, you know when you're done with all the football and the playoffs in baseball, Yeah, watch it. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You would have never thought that the greatest American hero, the real American hero.
Speaker 1: Yes, your prayers, eat your vitamins, train you know that guy would be like I did it all for the money.
Speaker 2: Not only would he go here, he'd be a great heel. Right, So for years, Hollywood, Hogan and I guess one of our favorites, one of our favorites of you would have never believed this, no way, what, no way? Shirtless Tom Brady, that guy at the Combine, that guy would be the goat. Nobody except for Tom and his family, no one had thought tom that Tommy right there, Tommy, Tommy would have been that Tommy. But in every respect, not only not only did no one think he'd be even his face morphed into like handsome squid word. It's so no one would have thought seven super bowls, let alone one, and no one would have thought that goober would be a handsome studed Come on and uh spot, what's the current story about his shirt from the Combines on auction?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the he Tom Brady's putting up like the goat collection. Yeah, his goat collection is available, and the shirt that he wore during the forty yard dash is gonna be up for auction and it'll sell for a lot. He's a expecting to get like over eleven million dollars from his collection. He's putting out there this shirt that he wore. Yeah, but no one would have thought. Who would have thought this dude who runs with not much gusta that's the best way to put it, you know what I mean? Would be the goat give an honorable mention. Sure you could say, well, he's got acting chops.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a big fan of the show, but I was like, oh, yeah, the dad from Malcolm in the Middle. I never would have thought that. Brian Cranston, by the way, watched Tom Brady run that is like, I feel like that's how I run in he runs have flippers on his feet. I would never have thought the dad from Malcolm in the Middle would be one of the most badass characters in TV history. Walter White Eisenberg.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's it's a great one. It doesn't beat Tom Brady, but it's a great one for sure. The dude from Malcolm in the Middle. Yeah, no one would ever thought that would So there you go. If you want to add to the list the who would have thought? No away, If you want to add to this at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, hashtag over comment, no way, that's a great that's a great side by side right there. If you're watching, Yeah, no one would ever thought he would be one of the most iconic TV people of all time. Caws.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, you and I were passing around different videos and memes, and one of the ones that I said, we got to bring up this up on over Promise because it's more visual. So it's better on this than our Fox Sports show.
Speaker 2: Our producer of a Fox Sports radio Cavino on Rich camu Hey, Danny g Hey, you guys see that video of Gronk, Yeah, use it for over promise.
Speaker 1: They pulled a prank on Gronk on the Fox pregame show. I thought this was amazing because you gotta put yourself in Gronk's mindset. What they did was they made up a fake player, and they cut the Jay Glazer giving an injury report on a fake tight End.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everybody sort of pulls their wait does a great job being in on it and acting here as you will say, the fake player is Rich Russo tight End of the Cowboys. But guess what, guys, just to make it clear, there's no such player. The only guy, the only guy I really isn't sure about that is Gronkim.
Speaker 1: Take a look. This is funny as hell of a weapon.
Speaker 3: Rich Russell, WHI was for that team right just activated. They're just activated. They didn't know if he's gonna be able to play today. They think it's good to go, not only today, but they were going to put him heavily into that game plan.
Speaker 2: Expect a lot of ricks.
Speaker 1: That's big because Russo is the complete game changer.
Speaker 2: It takes so much pressure off deck, takes so much pressure off the run game, great blocker, great receiver, was a stretcher.
Speaker 4: They were talking about Tony Gonzalez, they talk about Gronk.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's Gronk Gronk.
Speaker 4: Where do you list Russo as like among the tight ends playing today? At least you know he's been out for a little bit, so he might be a little rusty coming back. But I think they're going to give him the opportunities, that's for sure. But also they got Ferguson as well. They're gonna be a one two comedy. Yeah, but here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Ferguson has been the guy because only because Russo has been hurt. You got ad met with Russo coming back just changes their office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Ferguson has been showing that he's the guy right now, they're gonna still feed Ferguson. He's the only guy in the league that has two fingers missing on his right hand.
Speaker 2: That's why he's been out and he's.
Speaker 4: Back now, so it's not gonnaffect him when he's touching a path. Tell you know, I still have all five of my fingers, all ton on my fingers, all five.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a job. Rich Russo does not play for the Dallas. I was wondering out for you.
Speaker 1: It's that live so they got they.
Speaker 2: Got pretty good Kurt Man. If you with the gotcha got him a great job in execution. I thought it was really funny because you could see Gronk in the wheels turn and he actually explains He's like I started thinking, like, I don't know what the hell is this guy? How do I not know this dude? And man, that's so awkward you'd almost say it's cruel. It's almost a little cruel funny because Gronk's funny and he's a great sport. But yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta have Ritruso in your fantasy team.
Speaker 2: I truly, well, the best way to you know, navigate yourself out of a weird moment like that is just to say the politician, because then it makes you look smart, good practice. Oh yeah, do you know Ritrusso Truso the politician? And now I'm thinking, oh, there is there a politician Richruso.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant you know, so that's a great way to, you know, pretend like you knew of that person, but which guy wasn't.
Speaker 1: When it comes to pranks and sports, yeah, I know you always have to take it back because you have an acknowledge the eighty six Mets and Jesse or Roscoe and the bullpen would always fall victim to Roger mcdowall's hot foot. Yeah, such a thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like this is like one of the old school prankster things. You always see the hot foot when you got those videos from s I or whatever on a throwback Thursday, way back in the day race bows funny side up. There would always be a baseball funny side up, and there was. It was always a hot foot or.
Speaker 1: Someone or someone putting a bubblegum bubble on the top of someone's hat.
Speaker 2: It's just one of those classic things for sure.
Speaker 1: The thing about Roger McDowell, I'm like, probably the only guy that has this. But there's an eighty six Mets video where he does an instructional. He's like, you take a book, a mattress, you're rolling up, get gum and he does like a whole step by steps on how to make the hope.
Speaker 2: On any blooper video from back in the day, it was again baseball funny side up, and it would always be like a why can't we be friends? Montage of players fighting and stupid things like that. That's just part of the prank world of baseball.
Speaker 1: Somebody next the culprit as always Roger McDowell.
Speaker 2: What's amazing to me is how he does it. So many guys, who's that? Oh yeah, there hotfoot. Yeah it's timely because I never got it either, But I guess it was a really popular gag back in the day, So the old hot Speaking of pranks and sports, how about Kyle Kendrick Rich.
Speaker 1: I always thought this story was hilarious. They told him, they told him he was traded to Japan, and he bought it, and for a minute he's like, what, no way, Yeah, I guess I didn't know if that could happen. I just found out about a few minutes ago. You know, hell, I didn't know what was going on. Kind of hit me by surprise. You got to be there two hours early, so it's an early calling morning.
Speaker 2: I damn get your stuff.
Speaker 1: Just take whatever you need. You have anything, Okay, that's a lot. Okay, that's the lot. Oh traded to Japan? Then you want to ask me what? Yeah, traded.
Speaker 2: To what to for? What team? Sorry? Man, he believed he believed it. It's like again, borderline cruel. There's always that like was it mean or funny? Especially when kids are involved. I remember around Christmas time when people would show up as the Grinch just to scare the kids.
Speaker 1: Like, that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Cruel almost that borderline. I'm cruel, but legendary in the world of pranks and sports, and one of my favorites, I think one of the all time favorites is Charles Barkley. Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh the fact that Barkley pulls a Ron Burgundy and just reads the prompt.
Speaker 2: Can I just say I understand because I would probably do what the guy that would do it. I really would.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Charles Barkley.
Speaker 4: I hope you enjoyed the NBA Playoffs on TNT, and I hope you have enjoyed my T mobile FA five list.
Speaker 2: I'm a dumbass, you know, because when you're in that zone, I don't know if there's any justification. But whatever I write, even if I write it wrong, I can know what it is. But I just happened to miswrite it. I read what I wrote, and I read what's there. It's just what happens in that moment. I don't know. So I don't blame Charles Barkley. But another great sport in so many funny moments, Can I throw one personal one in there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, and then we'll give you a little pick for Thursday night. And I gotta get to watch in the Mets playoff game. I got to catch up. I got the DVR on Paul. Somebody's got the nervous farts. Hopefully it's only like the second inning. So we worked at ESPN before our days at Fox Sports Radio. We had a fun time working over at ESPN. From here, we had a weekly, a daily night show, daily night show, and we would bump into Mark Sanchez here there. In fact, we were traveling to Monday night football in Mexico City and Mark Sanchez was part of the crew. So we're on the same flight. We're at the airport lounge, we're hanging in and Mark Sanchez is part of like a ten person crew we're with. Yeah, it's really early in the morning, and Mark's a really good dude, but you could tell he was grumpy about something, and Cavino just said, why Sanchez is what does he got up his ass? And I said, oh, Cavino, all the guys were joking with him about how the butt Fumble is Covino's favorite play and he makes fun of you, and Mark Sanchez didn't take kindly to this, so Covino is convinced that Mark I just hated him.
Speaker 2: I was like, who told him that? Why would you tell him? And by the way, truthfully, we did talk about the butt Fumble all the time. It was one of our favorite plays. So I'm thinking, man, word got back to Sanchez. I feel bad because I support that.
Speaker 1: Cavino started to feeling bad and then stop it because Cavino was about to go up to Mark Sanchez with some sincere apology. I'm like, bro, stop dude, I was I got got.
Speaker 2: For a lot. I felt so bad for a good because we were waiting at the airport for a few hours. I'm like, this dude hates me, man, and feel so bad.
Speaker 1: Spot right with Kavino was about to be like go Mark, like I want to clear the air, and they were lying to me the whole time.
Speaker 2: But I really it was just one of those anxious feelings I had. I felt so bad. I didn't want to do to hate me. It wasn't anything personal, but of course I got got And then when he told me, everybody was laughing at me because I felt bad about it and everything. So anyway, pranks in sports again. You want to add to the list at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. Hashtag over promised, hashtag sophisticated.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of letters. Hey, listen, let me give you one quick pick for tonight DraftKings code. See our show. I know they got the pick six, they got all your all your action, gambled responsibly. Here's what we got going on tonight. Falcons are favored by two and a half. They're at home, Kirk Cousins sort of fitting in now. The mojo's rolling there. But you know who's coming to town, Baker Mayfield and the Bucks. And I know you're a big fan we talked about Baker a few minutes ago. I like these close games on Thursday. I've been really I've been solid on my phone night picks more than my Sunday picks. I like the Bucks getting eight and a half, so the Buccaneers plus eight and a half, and I like the over because I think both teams will score, you know, a little bit thirty seven and a half if you tease that down from forty three and a half and go over thirty seven and a half. So that means to me twenty four to twenty twenty four. Even if it's twenty four to seventeen. You hit the over and you got the eight and a half of the Bucks, I think the Bucks could win the game. So I like the Bucks getting over a touchdown and over thirty seven and a half. Yeah, I like to BP that in and uh hey, we'll see you guys later. Enjoy your NFL tonight, Enjoy your baseball playoffs.
Speaker 2: Baseball playoffs, Go Mets, Go Yankee, Grim Brons, Barbers this weekend division series this week ALFGM, see you in the over Promised Land.
Speaker 1: Good Bye Bet