Speaker 1: The volume. All right, man, we're back of the episode of Club five twenty podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm the host. My name is DJ Wells, same gang with me.
Speaker 1: To my left, I got my dog Bishop be hearing out the prail less how you wasn't nasty.
Speaker 3: Saying the family glad to be back ice O swag. It's been a minute, for sure.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That was in the comments that like, be hearing us switched up here the ice door ambassador.
Speaker 2: No more, I'm.
Speaker 3: Still the ice store bassador. I was the ice doorem bassador all the way and saying friend at the Hennessy part.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had it on the back. Oh it's like for sure that represents the game Gary where I go? Man, No freaky white, no freaking Mike is crazy? Why somebody right here where you frying some He had that dog getting we got a people bike like.
Speaker 1: Especially, that's the person to get to what happened the more show went up for show to my right, my dog, you're not your young team, you got you what I'm chilling? Man cool, hey man, we've seen the hoghlights.
Speaker 2: Man. While you picking on your hig school kids like that? Man? Oh man shouting them out clicked it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just be trying to practice with him sometimes just to give a different energy, you know what I mean. On the court, I come talking crazy and they they get hyped to play against me and they want to beat me in. Still, yeah, I was like, I told him, I'll be trying not to play too serious. I try to like keep it cool, so I don't really like run him over. Nobody get hurt like I got hurt playing y'all coach. But he like, I'm about to dunk it.
Speaker 2: I was like, Nah, he's not gonna dunk it. Crazy.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's not about to dunk it. I'm gonna go block it or whatever. But knowing him, he was gonna fall, so I still was a little nervous, Like, yeah, I heard him laughing, so like cool. Imagine if wuld have got to jage duncle Larry Bulls, Oh my god, I would have. I would have clipped him out there. I imagine he was running on the break. I would have clipped him. That's a wow visual anyway, I swear that's the funny part. I would have loved for him to go for a rebollagis elbowing.
Speaker 2: Doing LB like that. You would have definitely been a for his first thing, smokeing.
Speaker 1: I swear I would have crashed out for I know it's not close to the same, but the two faculty games. Niggas used to try to get that ship off on the teachers. But I used to wish I could play.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. I used to have them bro we never got there. They still do that at part I played. Yes, the day I played in the last year, I seen Christian hitting that shot and shot I said, then we never got that type of love. So that's not like the homecoming type thing.
Speaker 1: No. I mean when I was in high school, our team we played against like some of the black teachers as the well I people want to play and like it was like some pep type ship. Oh okay, that was cool. Biggs called mis Dobs slipping. People have been waiting to catch miss middle school. He was like, yeah, we're finally grown, now get your ass out here. Take it easy on me.
Speaker 2: No, niggas we wait on this year.
Speaker 3: That's hard time. That's definitely I know.
Speaker 1: I know my boy Antoine would have loved to play Larry Bullinton. Shout Antoine Collins brother, listen. His senior year was his junior year, right, he started everything.
Speaker 2: His junior year, he played all the time.
Speaker 1: He ended up getting cut from the UH the sectional team. Nobody knows why. Bullington just cut him, like he's not playing section. So were like what, so everybody like the fuck? Like he started out throughout the year, this dude started, so we all confused, like what you do?
Speaker 2: Bro? And he made straight a's so he like what you do? He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So we go to practice that day and Tin come to practice. He on the scout team and Twine stood the ball three times in a row. First time he dunked it, he looked at Larry Bollington like, second time he dunked it, but we still the ball three times in a row. The last time Larry like the second time he dunked, he looked at him. Bulletin was like, if you look at me like that again, get your ass out of my fucking gym. And Twy I dunked it again, stole the bitch of hung on the rim and was like, Bro, cry o, Bro was wrong, and he was like, get the fun out. I was like, I ain't going no fun where. He's like, well, the police will be on her.
Speaker 3: Way. I'm out niggas.
Speaker 2: That was the last one. I think that no more. That is crazy, bro man.
Speaker 1: He hold that he was really good. That ship was funny as hell. He put that Nigga off was crying. That's an example of your coach being in your way though.
Speaker 2: That's a fan.
Speaker 1: Was definitely Larry Bullingdally Bullyings really fucked up into a hoopy.
Speaker 2: You'd be really.
Speaker 3: Telling stories like factual ship like that's the prime example of what nigga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was definitely his way, bro. He didn't He ain't do nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: He had straight as nigga, played hard every time niggas started some games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's glad my boy didn't crash out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He live in the hell of a life. They got a beautiful family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He kept his grades up and kept going to school and didn't matter.
Speaker 3: But he definitely he went.
Speaker 1: I would have banged passed for real, don't then just back of the flippy Offward Broek should have been there for that, that real would everybody that was on that team that year, they know damn. That's why I think he watched the show too. He's gonna probably laugh up that. Shout out to bro that's the point is you. You mentioned that before we get sad, funy shit. I wanted to ask you about this. We had a conversation a couple of weeks back. You mentioned this about how basketball can break your heart. And I've been seeing a lot of kids, like you know, seniors in the road basically trying to figuret what they're gonna do with those playing basketball. But I've been seeing a lot of kids like talk about what they're gonna do, and I keep seeing these a you announcements for like six graders, is like, please talk to the people about how basketball is life.
Speaker 2: To an extent, but still be fucking kids, please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean part of being part of playing basket. It's a kids game, like basketball is a kids game. That's yeah, it could turn into a job if you're good enough, you do it right, but it's a kids game. You're supposed to have fun first and foremost. Like if it's not fun to you, if you make it a job at five six years old, you're not gonna love it, Like who loves working when you five or six years old? I hated school at five, shix like it was school was easy. It might came easy to all of us, but we hate it going, Like you don't want to go to school on Saturdays. You want to watch cartoon if you want to be a kid. So you got to make sure it's still enjoyable. And I think that's the most important thing. Make sure it's still enjoyable. It's still a kids game. Make sure he's still having fun. At a certain point, you might have to choose and pick, like, pick and choose the sport that you really love, that you really enjoy playing whatever you like doing. But when before you get to that age, man, just enjoy playing the game. Yeah, it's crazy. I'm seeing fucking sixth grade parents making life decisions.
Speaker 2: Bro. Let them be kids, Like, they still got a lot of time to grow up.
Speaker 3: But that's just all because your parent is trying to, you know, live a dreams after you. That's mad. It's like ninety nine percent of the time, bro. Like it's a lot of the Like even great college players, you see them just sitting down at the game, just watching their kid. Bro. Like they probably I don't know how they treatment as far or whatever, but like in the public eye, it's kind of like they ain't like the od daddy that just got out of jail, like like at least really for real, bro, it's really be like a bunch of single moms at the game. So they don't know. Bro, they just had a kid. They play sports, so it should be difficult. No, that's a fact. Like I had a this is crazy. It was a little kid. Uh, one of the homies kids came up to us. Him to me, we played the game last Tuesday, and I've seen the little kid. I'm like, hey, man, you come in to Pike like just joking around here, like fifth grade, fourth grade.
Speaker 2: He told me I'm going to a prep school.
Speaker 1: And it threw me off, and I was like what, like you know what I mean, Like I'm gonna go prep I'm like, damn man, Like that's crazy that you're kind of gearing your mind up already, be like, yeah, I'm going prep school.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Social media and all that stuff that you're gonna do that, but people don't understand. You gotta build yourself up, like your foundation got to be where you're from, Like you got to kill where you at and then anybody that's gonna be a good player. I truly believe this. You gotta be good at making other people better but if you go to a prep school where it's other great players and all this other stuff, you never gonna develop into the player you want to be because you always got a handicap. Like I got other people, I can make everybody else, everybody else around be nice too. They can make my job easier. The goal is to make your job harder. So when you get in them rooms with five stars and all that stuff, when it become easier for you, ah, you're gonna shine like a diamond because I can do everything.
Speaker 3: You can put me in any position.
Speaker 1: I can reapdown the score, I can shoot, I can do all that stuff because I had to do that before because I was on a team where we didn't have all these talented people, so I had to overdo stuff just so our team could be competitive. I think Gilbert kind of figured that out too with his son. His son had to do everything for their team to win. And now he's shining like a diamond because when he go to these other places and you get to play him one on one. He's been playing one on three his whole time. Now you got to go to one on one. He looks crazy.
Speaker 3: Christmas come on.
Speaker 1: But people like to take the easy road, or play on these super high all these top five kids on their team on AU teams, and they ain't really getting no better. They around good players, but they not getting better.
Speaker 3: So does prep schools only benefit kids that are already going to do yukon Nova stuff like that? Like who does that really benefit?
Speaker 2: To me?
Speaker 1: Prep schools is fight for kids who maybe you struggling academic and you need help academic or prep school as for a kid that's already nationally ranked top ten, yeah, five, and you trying to get your national rank higher because you play a nationally ranked schedule. But the thing is, if you're that good, your high school team will play a nationally ranked schedule. Because I watched Marcus, my brother, be the number two player in the nation that pipe and they got offers to play all these nationally ranked schools.
Speaker 2: Facts, So if you that guy, they gonna come to you.
Speaker 1: Like the kid going a duke out of Texas next year, I can't remember his name, his team finally going to the state championship in Texas, but he lit you know what I mean. But if you that guy, they'll come to you. I've seen it too many times, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What about the cold kid that he nice, but he's just like a I don't know, like a Dame Wheeler, like a CJ. McCullum, like a John Morant. You recommend them just to stay down till they come up. Or if you know, you say six six wings. Should I stay in my school, I don't got that many offers, or should I go prep? Like I'm nice? I know I can compete. I just ain't being I'm a late bloomer.
Speaker 1: See the thing is, you gotta go where be celebrated, right, talk about it. If somebody I'm nice, but Weaver State my only offer, I'm gonna go to Weaver State and kill like I'm not gonna say I'm gonna go Prep and go to Duke where it might be seven five stars. But I wasn't on your radar. Fact I had to do some extra shit to get on your radar. And even if I did get on your radar, I wasn't your first option, right Weber State, I'm your first option.
Speaker 2: I want to go where I'm your first option.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be your like we told the story about me Iu, I was an a dude on the list, Like I don't want to be your ah pick because you're really not happy with me. You you like I got in this code. You don't retract much from me. But Weaver state, if they are your first option and they love you, you gotta go where you celebrate it. That's where you're gonna get your best opportunity. Just because you go to Duke. There's people that sit on the bench of dude and transfer. Yeah, and transfer that it's five stars to go to do can sit the bench?
Speaker 3: We saw, we saw the high school I just I mean, I was gonna say, but it's better coming from you because you've actually been a part of it. But George Hill went to I.
Speaker 2: P U y and went and killed, League, went to West Kentucky went and killed by the way.
Speaker 1: They could have went to I PU are you, Purdue Texas, all these schools, but they went where they was loved. Yeah, sir, you know what I mean? That was they was the first option.
Speaker 3: Just never know what who though? Because bro, like I like I said, of course you played and you've been doing this. She was legit. But seeing players like just little Uncle Forer like dominate high school, dominate college like that ship is crazy to see him not paying out in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Like I ain't gonna say he ain't pan out because make it to the league. So when we say pan out, like I mean like he's supposed to just lit kin Ford was like a skilled big so I felt like he was he could fit in today's game. I just didn't know what to drop off was.
Speaker 2: It's just the NBA is so the NBA people.
Speaker 1: It's so normal to us, right because we run up to people every day that's in the NBA and we talk on the podcast people the NBA. It's not normal, like not to like be like that by myself, but this is not normal. Yeah, like you don't run into NBA players every day. You can now because we more accessible. But it's so hard to make to the NBA. It's so many great players that didn't make it to the NBA and then like to make it you like you're a special bro, so like you're little for a special I know, we don't really look at it like that. So many people can say whatever they want on the internet YouTube. Everybody got a voice and he said, he asked he weak. But these dudes is really like one on ones, Like all these dudes that make it to the league are really special basketball talents and julut for like you said, he dominates high school.
Speaker 3: College, and I feel like his game fit today's NBA. Like I said, I feel like you shit, he didn't get worse. I just did his players like that like Adam Morrison.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You but you gotta think it's like the NBA is all about opportunity, and sometimes your opportunity can be kind of fucked up. Like he was the number two pick in Philly. He's starting, there was almost almost Rookie of the year.
Speaker 2: He was killing.
Speaker 1: He was averaging twenty ethere. But you got Joel and be on the bench, hurt, waiting in the wings. He gets healthy, he dominates in practice. People like Joel and Bier is our best player.
Speaker 2: You still on the team. Yeah, it's quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he was in a situation like you said, opportunity is crazy.
Speaker 2: That was a trust and process situation.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: They was all bullshit. It's quiet.
Speaker 1: Then you want injury away from it. It's a right, you know what I mean. So it was just an opportunity thing and it was kind of messed up. But what it happens to a lot of people for sure. I mean, we can go down the list, like Jamal Crawford, I mean Jordan Crawford. He come to a team with Jamal Crawford on there. Yeah, you know what I mean, like one of the few people are trained to Washington and Bradley be on John Wall. Just the opportunities. It's like, no, that's true, it's just opportunities. Like, but it's part of life. I love that point that you said, Like, I know people joke on inter that we do it too sometimes, but if you make the NBA, you're successful, Like that's you succeeded.
Speaker 2: You're one of the coach players that ever we did.
Speaker 3: Something that millions of people drinking might be the only pod media outlet that talks about nine through twelve or nine through fifteen type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, about all those people are very successful life. They're really good at their what they did for their living. They're really really good at even like maybe one year, Bro, they did more for their family than a person working five. That's no shame to nobody, but the people who laughing like, yeah, he made a million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: You may not ever make a million dollars year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in your life, some people don't make a million dollars in their life and some people just don't even accomplish it like that, like to do what you have to do to get to college to be a D one player, then to kill then to go to the league. That's one thing I think people need to put more respect on. You get yourw jersey like raised at the college and get respected by university. Nigga, No you cold you are, Like even though dude jerseys upside down, he's got crazy. Yeah, but I wanted the coaches to walk through these doors, bro, they would be respecting facts for sure. Man LaMarcus authors I forgot maybe Chris Haynes report. He was basically talking about how he wanted to go back to Portland later years in the career, and basically it didn't happen for whatever reason. I want to ask y'all, what's one player on one track y'all wish didn't happen, and what's one player I think that could have went back to that team at some point of that career.
Speaker 2: I know we kind of talked about with like KD and like the thunder and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Where United, what's the situation, It don't matter what time period WASA think would have been dope to see happened.
Speaker 3: Well reverse for me because I or rather, I mean not rather, I would have wanted to see Chris Paul on the Lakers. Okay, I hate that, you know what I mean didn't go through. God blessed the dead. I wish that would have happened. Yeah, they said were about to sell the state. I really really wanted to see that.
Speaker 1: That first trade was crazy too, Yeah, but they would have kept that Chris Paul trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had to be do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to see that, but that's my.
Speaker 2: I'll let give you some time to think.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go James Harden Okay, See, I wish that they could have just figured out that little bit of bread that they was being petty over, because that would have started dynasty. I know James obviously needed his own team MVP good enough, but Russ kd rden bro prime years going forward, Bro, they would have murdered the NBA got.
Speaker 3: Another one though, just because you know that's the that's the family.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I wish that Martin Rowse could have won one with Toronto mhm. He needed that for his career. He solidified in one thousand percent. But I feel like all them fifty win seasons. He earned that, like Cal Larry, they were supposed to celebrate that together. That's true. So that's my about that one.
Speaker 1: I probably would have wanted to see.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh no, I don't go on. I know, I know the electrics fans might hate this, but I would check never left Orlando. Who's scoring big at the NBA this season?
Speaker 1: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action at DraftKings sports Book, an official sports betting part.
Speaker 2: Of the NBA Player Props money Lines, you name it.
Speaker 1: DraftKings got it all new customers, Now he's your chance to get on all the hoops action. New customers bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus. Best issily take it to the record Draft Kings Sports Book where every point counts. Download the apps today. Use Cold Club five twenty, yes that's called Club File twenty for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars bonus bets with just five bucks all the own DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and why or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent l Eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario onas spets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours up for richuins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co, slash audio, Hey.
Speaker 2: What's going on? DJ? Willison Club five twenty.
Speaker 3: Be here from Club five to twenty.
Speaker 2: What's up? You know what time? It is?
Speaker 1: Official road Sparks partners here Man big fans of the brand for show. Listen is getting warm outside and you know what happens when they get warm outside?
Speaker 3: Be here for sure, Man, always good time, even when it's cold outside. Man, Road Sparks only takes fifteen minutes to kick in and also lasts up to thirty six hours.
Speaker 1: Man for show, get straight to it. Make sure you go online to make sure you qualify to use this medicine. Subscribe for you for professionals so you have nothing to worry about. Like be here, said man. Once you get active with how long you take the kick.
Speaker 2: In my boy?
Speaker 3: Man just fifteen minutes, man, show man, if.
Speaker 1: You really get into it, last up for thirty six hours. Man, So the fund don't stop until you stop. You feel me. Be here and tell the people they shoul subscribe at.
Speaker 3: Make sure you go to the site and get prescribed Road dot Co Slash Club five twenty.
Speaker 1: For sure, I subscribe new sexual health patients get up at fifteen dollars off Sparks on a reoccurring plan. Connect with the provider at Row dot Co Slash Club five twenty to find out if the prescription for Rod Sparks is right for you. That's right r O dot Co Slash Club five twenty for fifteen dollars off your first order. Tap in Compouder drugs are permitted to be prescribed under federal law, but are not FDA approved and do not undergo FDA safety effectiveness or manufacturing review. For full safety information, go to Row dot cot slash Safety Info.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that one too, but I was like, honestly, I wish Tracy McGrady, I ain't want to say just because I just like people think I really don't like team.
Speaker 2: I like you.
Speaker 1: If I wish Tracy McGrady would have never left Toronto, damn, I wish him the best quarter would have just they would have been nasty, wrong, they would have been over and their problems nobody would have been fucking with and they have been the best wing since Mike and Scottie. I'm too on the same team ship while we're here with the what is speaking of that with a Lando situation? Bro, Brent Hill wasn't hurt. They've been nat Oh my god, Tracy McGrady and grand Hill to get hurt, like I mean, I don't know how you feel about Grant Hill events, but that had been close. Now it's exposed about but Hill was that Nigga was Nigill was better than best part. But it was just something about Detroit.
Speaker 3: Grant nasty mean some slash. My family can't post. They gonna get on me about that because they be big DC fans. But shout the g Hill, Bro. It was nast He was that first prep basketball for preppy basketball where I'm like he a dog.
Speaker 2: He was for real, like.
Speaker 1: No, it was like literally the perfect person. Yes, Bro, he still looks like meeting, He's like, there's nothing wrong. You can talk well dressed as well. His wife is, you know, singer beautiful. Yeah, he presents everything well. Artist ship. Come on, Invester, like I can't figure the NFL. Yeah, like I can't figure nothing to do bad. I remember one lady said he gret Hill.
Speaker 3: I see him.
Speaker 2: He's so faithful to his wife. I'm like, damn, do's nothing wrong shout that? Yeah, like on Twitter? Ain't on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying, like I can't. You can't say anything bad about grand Just like a complete good guy.
Speaker 2: Even when he was being ass Jailer Brown about the USA team, he was still nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you have no problems with Jaalen life. If he can get better and you know you just said all the right ship. Nick was troubling them up straight back. He said, if he could get better feet, don't tell me I can get better. Yeah, I gotta be up.
Speaker 2: We gotta put some up.
Speaker 3: G He was like, he was saying, we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Fine here he was like, we can't want to have you on the owner of the hall.
Speaker 1: Most definitely he's a commentator. He do the USA bas but what's that show we used to watch. It's out NBA. Bro, it's stuff on inside stuff the nigga dances, make it up, dances with his wife. Yeah, bro, it's crazy. Great Hill game was crazy and he was the one that like even like Isaiah Toms like all those but they was like, he's the next one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He couldn't even shoot either. That's what made it crazy. Damn killer. Even though all them injuries, he still played like eighteen years. Yeah, he was a phoenix hooping. Yeah, randomly, he had a career, bro, being a good guy, great guy. That's literally what. He's a great guy, bro, because hell is get injured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great guy.
Speaker 1: It was just like he didn't lost his foot, he gave not people forget. I mean, I mean, can't be mad. I don't like he wasn't even thinking about it. Like both people have been like, man, he's you know, letting nigga get hurt.
Speaker 3: Now it's over.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, he see you stretch, you retired early, retire all that stuff. They let him work it out. Yeah, back some good chicken and signing contracts. Though j Hill was signing contract he got paid with every ankle, brace and knee brace back breaks in the NBA. He was supposed to boy for sure, he was in the league so long he played. I played against grand Hill, damn ye.
Speaker 2: For real? Yeah, I played against him in Phoenix and the Clippers. God damn sure did usually.
Speaker 3: I was in the league four years together, eighteen years play eighteen years bro. You know, to get his ankle, supposed to get his foot and lost his foot.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. It's funny because you look at that Fast Fire documentary. Everybody disrespected everybody, but they really go hard at ground Hill like that they got it was. It was really jealous of him, like man, he had his dad and his dad was an NFL player.
Speaker 2: That show was crassy, but he was cold like. But he was cold like growing growing up. That was rough.
Speaker 3: These used to be really shitted that you had both perds. That is crazy, Like I legit can relate to that. I can't do it outside of my like close friends, bro. People in my neighborhood was not fucking with that. I had a two part home. You know, it's crazy. All my friends growing up, everybody had their mama and day. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: I swear to God.
Speaker 3: You know my mind.
Speaker 1: You have been Gayway, like Richard Curry, you know, they live with their mom and dad. Keenan had step pop his mom, like Daryl Ellis.
Speaker 2: Had his mom and dad. Like everybody in the field.
Speaker 1: You everybody had they It was kind of crazy when I think about it's kind of crazy, Jamar.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of wild, like it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't on forty of Street. I'm not in everybody just grow with their fama and barely them sometimes some cases, for real, was wicked.
Speaker 2: I used to think about that. I used to be like, damn, I used to really legit.
Speaker 3: My mom and dad make good bread me growing, bro, But I used to legit gate calledge sport for having two parents.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, Yeah, I ain't even that crazy, bro.
Speaker 1: I understand even though it was my you know, my I had some cousins who didn't have they pops in their life, so I knew it, and they used to live it up sometimes, so I knew, like people don't be having their mom and dad all the time. But outside my crew, when I was with my guys, like I go with my homeboy house and Daddy gloves. Nigga get your flast off to count Nigga take you like outside like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: All my niggas mama's worked third ship. That's where that's where you make the most money.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You know that first year shout the Amazon. That third shift is a different What am I work in Tennessee?
Speaker 1: I only knew girlsh I only knew girls who mama worked third shift. Shout at us queens more. They used to be outside my man, never home, my boys. This is a ripple, had apartments, damn high school. I'm telling y'all why people will tell y'all the truth. Bro, It's different.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: When I turned out sixteen, all the girls mamas they never have but never at home and to be shot. I'm just telling everybody now, I just tell you Phil Pairs to give a damn mister, mister Collin, they like miss Callin, mister. They like where y'all boys going, Man about to skate rink, skate night.
Speaker 3: It's arden, That's what that's like. The whole Pike Township area was slid. I some times over there.
Speaker 2: Shout the guy, shout my dog a little too, mister Hogan.
Speaker 3: To the damn neighborhood up looked like, what's that show? The wire?
Speaker 1: Now them not so rand. It's a little real bro think the great neighborhood. I grew up Gateway boy. I went over there the other day. It ain't nothing but spaning stories over there. The crazy part is once you pass the school, if you turn left, that's where all the black people are. If you go right in there, thirtieth Street, it is little Mexico. Man, what it ain't nothing over there. I went over there a boy. I try to get some gas. Gas station was in Spanish. Shout out to the family that motherfucker say DP no more. There was no gas. I'm like, bro, send me the address, so let me have some good candy. That mother fucking I choose. I don't know if them young people not only drink they had. It was crazy because about just say, I'm being funny.
Speaker 2: I really to be drinking ship everything like drink the ship. I got one. I got one on the bed right now. If you need to poop, just fucking tough.
Speaker 1: To the queen. What's one is? I went to walk yesterday. That's funny talk. I was in my car right and you know what kind of car I was that. I was just like, all right, cool, we make sure I get it out of here. He said, what the ghost? Yeah, the ghost that was in the ghost my ship never starting out, and I realized I need the old change that fish missing.
Speaker 2: I'm right there by Gateway. I said, yeah, I'm gonna just push.
Speaker 3: One j up on your biscuits.
Speaker 2: One of the car my cousin live on Gateway. He's like, you want to parking out here? I said, nah, I'm gonna just get this. Oh my god, bro, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna pick that little homie from the skate room one time I was in the wrong with Yeah. Yeah, they was over there. I had to get some gas. Like they was about to press the issue on me. I said, damn, let me go ahead.
Speaker 3: I dropped big the wine off a couple of years ago. I said, hey, my nigga, a n I l kick. I ain't want to drop you.
Speaker 2: Off for real.
Speaker 1: That was making funny and I don't guess you talking about I will run out of gas before I go to here, and I'm comfortable that's out of town.
Speaker 2: I run out of gas. That's my neighborhood. Bron I couldn't believe. I was like, damn what.
Speaker 1: I didn't stop either. I was going to the fact that I trying to take the streets. I was like, I'm gonna make it the steed.
Speaker 2: Don't make it.
Speaker 1: There, tonal menure for show a gas that should be an awesome is fucking hilarious because low key in that area, it is the majority. Yeah, you are the minority for show over there. In fact, hey man, morning show, freaking Mike Man. We got we got discussing man that one knows going on with you and these glizzies and that of trying adventures. This is a chance for you to defend yourself, to make your stories talk correctly.
Speaker 5: Sorry, So first of all, starting Dallas, starting to do it's crazy. So we in Dallas. It's a waggle fucking hot dog. It's special as I like, if it's an eighty dollars hot dog, I'm gonna try to eighty wow it like yeah, like gold flakes on this ship.
Speaker 2: Like I dressed I want somebody, we want him on the show. I dressed up waggle steak hot dog.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 2: The way you dressed it up.
Speaker 1: Bro, Well that ship looks crazy, brother food. You dressed it up crazy because I was outside.
Speaker 2: Here's a crazy part though.
Speaker 5: I don't like people eat the hot dogs, like like the whole thing. That's crazy, Like like when you eat a banana, you eat that's crazy, Like you're supposed to rip the hot dog and he.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh my mama, I'm gonna let you show your story. But you fucking lie what you.
Speaker 2: Got.
Speaker 1: You took a bede on me eating that way only.
Speaker 3: This is the waggon it was. It was girl, Mike, Listen, I got care. Look was gonnaz y'all.
Speaker 2: Let's crazy. Let's go, bro, look.
Speaker 3: Breaking breaking, he's lying. Niggas, liz cas how niggas think lizzens.
Speaker 2: Listen listen.
Speaker 3: So, oh man, we had stay me and these eating lobster tails. Shout out to more Cuban. You to go this before you left at some ship. Bro, he goes to the hot dog station.
Speaker 2: It's not how it was.
Speaker 3: Your wife was like brndon, what the fuck know that your husband?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh man, just say that I know it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, shout to the wago dogs his ankle burst bird anyway coming.
Speaker 2: So if y'all don't eat hot dogs, y'all, like.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I've seen a lot of people recently at high school games be man. They be smacking.
Speaker 2: How what you eat at ball games? Like you you told hot.
Speaker 1: Dogs, I'll be watching the black for sure, shouts of my dog Luke five twenty family he he merged to a game, like what are you'll eating? Wait a minute, Louke urged too. Hot dogs a game, but you don't have you can't dress it up for real swim and field. They so they get to be hot dogs. Oh if they be going.
Speaker 2: Chili about the coach, I'll be rolling.
Speaker 3: Philip had dark times. She got an excuse chances you know what I mean? Sixty dollars fee? That was?
Speaker 2: That was they definitely I.
Speaker 3: Will like after the club type ship like, well you can get all the topics and so Bro, it's a premium dog.
Speaker 2: I never like, yeah, yeah, I need a premium. I never like a not really that's his premium. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But you you're a you're a gluzzy guy.
Speaker 2: I remember, for real, no jokes. I'm sure it's like I know you hot dog, Bro. You go you get them everywhere we go.
Speaker 3: If I go to the movies, I'm getting hot.
Speaker 2: Who goes to the movie.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm getting like people get like popcorn at the movies and you can actually get you get pizza.
Speaker 2: You're getting a hot dog at the movie and like nigga you had got hot dog was like out of pocket.
Speaker 3: You get You're the first nigga to get the glisse.
Speaker 2: What the eat the movies? Candy? Candy? What I brought with me in my pocket? You get some nachos that the most nasty the movie. I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 1: And the comments for you tell me what you'll get at the stand you want to be hilarious.
Speaker 2: I think a hot dogs on man, that is on the me. You know you keeping them open? Bro alright, man, shout out to breaking Thors. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: My boy holding it down. The duke got the job at Miami. Jay Luke's got it, Yes, sir, shout out to Jeddie Man. I got called John Man.
Speaker 2: That's hard. That's crazy. My boy is gonna be locked in Miami. That's dope.
Speaker 3: Its leave these holes along? What that was quick? Heright?
Speaker 2: Tap in man? Man, I'm glad you guys. Opportunity. It's very interesting.
Speaker 1: A lot of people pissed, a lot of people just like he's passing all these coach just basket college basketball is not the same.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, it's not the same, no more.
Speaker 1: Because these kids who's getting recruited by these coaches is who they want to play for.
Speaker 2: But what they mean they was passing up on them. I just you know, there's a little bit of hate.
Speaker 1: He's too young, he got no experience all that ship and I'm like, do y'all know what he did with that due program? Yeah, he just recruited the best recruiting classes. He just got the Boozers twins to commit. They probably it's a good chance they might go to Miami now.
Speaker 2: He's stream shipped basketball though in the lineage that's.
Speaker 3: All he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his brother, his family, his dad, like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: But if he can get the Boozers twins to commit to Miami, now, that would be crazy because I mean he did recruit them and he got close times.
Speaker 2: They are real like in Miami. Yeah, it'd be a good switch.
Speaker 1: They could get man and well may think about that is obviously Marshmadis approach, and we think about all the college programs.
Speaker 2: We talk about historic colleges and the coaches.
Speaker 1: Really we never talk about the institutions now, but not changing all these kids is going, like you said, I want to be rocking rock out of that now. He and US sports like Miami, you might change the game for real. They might start looking at different coaches differently.
Speaker 3: We got to go pull up on We got to pull up on Lope. Yeah much, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most I think we got I'm a call and we got to be there at first first day. We got to interview Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we turned.
Speaker 3: We have to be there, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That's my that's my favorite thing. I'm a Miami Hurricane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, be a club five twenty are always on the road covering events and getting the best content for you our fans. And each time we had to different cities, We're always trying to stop by and watch NBA games. And if you're looking for tickets, like I am, look no further to seat Geek. With a twenty eight million downloaded seat, Geek is the number one rated ticketed at with the NBA and NHL players both around the corner and the MLB on the way with the w as well. Tickets are all back by their buy guarantee and these ticket is ready on the scale of one through ten, so you know, if you're getting a good deal, so you know, I had to come through for y'all. Right, use promo Code Club five to twenty. It gets ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat Geek. That's right, ten percent off of Promo Cold Club five to twenty. And if you put the link in the description to download the app, you'll have to co automatically add it to your account to use it later. That's ten percent off with Promo Cold Club five twenty.
Speaker 2: Congrass for me anyway, So yeah, ahead, make it over to the a c C. Little Dwayne warnings zero next year. But shout.
Speaker 1: I do want to shout out to my Dag Smith though he got putt in the Hall of Fame. Shout for that's what something. Congratulations, prongrass. I just talked a couple of days ago Man Turi's Mexican out there.
Speaker 2: He was talking. You know, I'm saying people, you kind of underestimate He's like my first game. I'm out there. It was just like, hey, he's gonna catch on the cross.
Speaker 1: We're like man like about me. It's Smith wit worried about that. He said, sure enough, first player and then they showed it is highlights it's got some crazy highlights. Boy, he was the first that full speed crossover. Boy, he was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I had to take that.
Speaker 1: I had to take that home with you when I got back from Wait for Yeah, I'm gonna take that for a speed across.
Speaker 3: Still need to pull up on you in Charlotte, Bro, I ain't forgot to bout you.
Speaker 1: Almost definitely he's supposed to put on us. I forgot what he said he's gonna be here, but say he's gonna pull for sure.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulations on you know behind that's fire man they talking about. That's a hell of an accomplishment that people just over look, Bro, even from a high school standpoint. You getting houndered at your high school. Bro, he was one of a couple of niggas to walk through these doors.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm hyped for him just because I know his story, you know, being underrecruited as out of high school, getting hurt sophomore year, I mean his junior year, he broke his foot.
Speaker 2: My sophomore year broke his foot.
Speaker 1: I have to go through all that, going hund drafted, having a great career in the league, and then you know, being a guy I wait for so people love being honest like that.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for now he's a problem example like the Internet keep working.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real, bro, Damn, that's real man, he being people been asking the comments. Man, I know you talked about a little bit, but you know I said, taking a hundred experience on road? Man, what will be your ideal situation as far as if you could book one artist, one venue, what would you like.
Speaker 2: To do with your ship? One artists one of me?
Speaker 1: If we could go ahead, wish you to fruition because people Travis Porter well on April eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the that's the concert series. Yeah, good'll clean up, good, clean up? Okay he was hating last week.
Speaker 2: Okay, Vogue, Travis Kemp, hold on Travis and Travis apparently hold on the VINU.
Speaker 3: I would choose would be Dre's and for a hundred experience my ship so ghetto now. But I don't know, Bro, I don't know. Probably to change damn so dreas to change Hendred experience.
Speaker 1: Come on, we gotta make it and see if you hadn't venue, if you could put one like let's say the being your only fit twelve hundred.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, who you get.
Speaker 1: Damn yes, as I gotta get artists, you get whatever, twelve hundred. Give me a chance to think on that, because obviously we're gonna be backed out anyway. If you can get a being to yourself to have artists like that, I mean, of course I would cheating. Oh but that ain't realistic. I as a hell of a question. I ain't bringing no artists. I'm going get Ari. I'm going get the other joint. If you Jada, We're gonna get this too. Getting I'm getting all them sold out. You checking the zeus rout zeus zeus me. It's gonna be let in there because all the niggas want to see them, and all the girls want to beat them.
Speaker 2: Man, that's some which is crazy. It's very true when the.
Speaker 1: Loss ratio is nice in that too. So far financially you only guy pay them. I ain't hating them. I don't know, but I'm a I used to do parties, but I used to have a Jeff T weekend. I know some of them salaries be that flyer so different now though, Bro, they getting a look, they ain't gonna get no bag.
Speaker 2: But it's always a pay scalp for reasons. I always need a bag.
Speaker 3: Al arian Ari and Jada just let alone though, just enough to just yeah, I don't care what city you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna win. That's the interesting part.
Speaker 1: Now, I know they're talking about for some years now, but like, quote unquote what their influencers now, Like we have more people who more fans of rappers in their family life than they are the actual rapper themselves.
Speaker 3: And that's it's crazy, but influencers are bigger than rappers, Like I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Is bigger than a lot of rappers. Yeah, bigger than not bigger than anybody, every rapper, him and them.
Speaker 3: They just that that ore is different because they do got a bunch of kids one hundred percent, but when they walk in like the clubs and ship, it'd be different.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like, no shame Herbal, I love you Herbro. You know that's I wish you could do the show. But shout to hear about people more interested in his his life is you know, moms and stuff more than they are probably his raps. Oh yeah, because he look he looked like if you look at that that episode a half with his you know, two past situations. Yeah, that ship in the mill very frequently as they look, I'm sure I ain't shame, but if he dropped a mixtape, it's gonna take a little second get You don't know if it's gonna get.
Speaker 2: To a meal.
Speaker 1: As fast as that got to a minute, we love messing ship. Nobody was really interested about what was happening, just like, how could this go wrong? Yeah, like what they're gonna say?
Speaker 3: So yeah, because g Herbal is definitely still with but that moment right there made him iconic in that world.
Speaker 1: You know my mom shouting about basic legend and two Games. I was like, you Herbo, you you you want like you you live?
Speaker 2: You the one bro. That's that's even like when he did uh what's shorty name? Uh did he Christian place?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he did that, it was like, look, that.
Speaker 3: Was far for sure. That sit down was definitely far.
Speaker 1: And the in bring that point up because you say, like, especially on her too, she don't right for Yeah, most definitely we went to her party. That's when he was a sausage talent. Saction man stopped now because people gone, I was just saying it was.
Speaker 2: CP up on his It was just different over there for the real it was Caresian and friends. Jeff was with the friends. I'm glad we hear we talked about this is this is why we hear.
Speaker 3: And you know this, nigga, the show loved me numerous case.
Speaker 2: I was with my wife.
Speaker 3: But this is how a bunch of a decade he was being that we live in our He's like, nah, I got my whole ship.
Speaker 2: Nigga, you told the story was my wife, Yes, with my wife, were just having to be.
Speaker 3: He kept walking a nigga, I see what smoking must walking into Nigga.
Speaker 1: I told you I was standing over there. I just want my wife as were to sit shout to the cool age and she would goes sit over there. I'm like, nah, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: No, I was.
Speaker 1: It just was uncomfortable, like nah, before we got here. I want to ask how y'all felt about this? See Gil errenas on first take, killed that ship. See mellow gett some broadcasting opportunities. The way that they're talking about the way the NBA is covered, they kind of hated it. They're trying to get to the point where people are celebrating basketball more than like picking it apart. How do y'all feel about that as obviously former player in US. As far as consumers like the way that basketball is portrayed because we love it how the NBA and we get the jokes.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people hate that ship.
Speaker 1: I think everybody ship on basketball and just get to the point the players just like I'm talking to me about this ship because I gonna do is hate anyway. Yeah, I ain't never really been offan of that. I just think they was funny. But I thought them not even talking about basketball was funny. Like when they just be like laughing at each other, Chuck be falling off sleep or some ship.
Speaker 3: Kenny walking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought all that was funny. I think to me, I think Kenny get really good insight on the game. I could tell Kenny watch the game, Chuck, don't give it damn about the game. Shock you're waiting for the shock in the full moment. Yeah, he don't care about the game. But Kenny really give you a good insight. I love Ernie and I love all them though for who they are, like they both all of them was great athletes and Shack is a great entertainer. You do what you do.
Speaker 2: But as far as insights to the game. I ain't ever really look at them for that.
Speaker 3: They honestly, to me, Bro, it was like a podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally.
Speaker 1: Talking ship, doing all type of events, got random people coming on, shooting shots with them, just having a good time. Was more of a show than like looking for real insight for basketball. Like I watch NBA TV. I think, like Sam Mitchell and some of them guys like you know, some of the people that was on there give you real basketball ship and.
Speaker 2: I used to get that from them. But yeah, NBA tn T that.
Speaker 3: Was just always waited for Shack the John on ship, I mean, or Versus's waiting for you know what I mean, chuck up somebody name, mess up. This may uncomfortable and that's all that was literally for real basketball. But aut your mind, it ain't because they literally just man niggas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was uncut real.
Speaker 1: If it was HBO Max, Oh, it would be the all time because they just be like he trashed, like man, what we watching man?
Speaker 2: And they kind of do it anyway.
Speaker 1: They just do it pr way. Yeah, but for real inside on basketball do that. But it's cool to see like guys who are really fans of the game. And I think they fans of the game. They're probably not fans of the product now because they grew up in a different era. But like got younger guys who just still appreciate the game because we grew up in a pickup ball era.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir right.
Speaker 1: We love going to the gym and just seeing people playing pick up and like people getting to it. We talk about people got bags and so people didn't have bags back They didn't say that back then at all, you know what I mean, Like, we ain't say Charles Barkley had a bag, but he is good. He'll post you up, you're gonna get to a spot, don't pull up on you. But Chuck had bag. So having these new young guys coming in talking basketball, the way they talking, like Jamal.
Speaker 2: Crawford is great, great, great, They one of the best.
Speaker 1: I swear, Like, when I listen to him, I'm like, damn, that's how I look at basketball too. And I can listen to him, I can relate. So it's gonna be cool to see Mellow do it, who was the three was on first take, he was going crazy. Yeah, gel good at it, really good job of first take.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just funny because it's just like they get mad at that. But it's like, NBA, this is what I pushed for longest time. Y'all took all the people who were really good at analyzing the basketball away from people who are entertaining, and then you got mad at the product. And then you look at the All Star Game and you have Kevin Hart Holston and now we got the W here, and then everyboce mad because Kevin Hart's hosting over Mike Apps. It's like, Okay, that's a sidey, but y'all pushing entertainment over basketball and then get mad NBA shit too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn man, they ain't learned from the NBA. Like, but over Mike Indiana, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's respectful.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it putting an eyeball, I do. I get it from putting the eyeballs on the game. Like Kevin Hart, he brings his own audience. Oh you know, he got his own fan basically brings a big audience for the W. I can see that for W but for the NBA, they ain't need that.
Speaker 5: You don't think Kevin Hart brings Mike Epps to those events or gets him involved with all though probably probably, But I ain't beefing heavy no more. No, they probably moved Mike. Mike was on the breakast and saying, now they cool, they talked everything. I am feeling a way about it, so hopefully he does as Mike.
Speaker 1: I mean, even because people in Indianapolis kind of made a little outrage about it, like a little, you know, a little thing about it. So I'm sure Kevin Hart maybe he didn't see, maybe he did, but I think probably cool things.
Speaker 2: But I got my guy. Mike gave too. You know, he's the guy from the city.
Speaker 3: So well, let Mike do it and bring Kevin as Like, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: Kevin brings too many eyeballs, man, I ain't saying like Kevin. It's just even look at the tour.
Speaker 3: This is a little Wayne super Bowl Mama for us, a real ship, bro, Like, I don't know, I guess it's definitely not as big as Kevin Hard. I understand that. I understand logistics, but damn for the city should have kind of been like, I'm gonn duff up for the w because they need the eyeballs. They need that extra Yeah.
Speaker 2: They need that push.
Speaker 1: They needed Kevin Hart at the All Star Game, you know, obviously feel how you feel about the conversation. Those wrong, no wrong, But I think the part about it is the NBA keeps trying to punish people, but y'all doing more entertainment stuff. Everybody else's like, just from the standpoint of All Star Weekend, y'all pushing entertainment, entertainment, And then you get mad when you're analysts and all these networks you're trying to cater towards that and they're talking about the purity of basketball, talking about basketball again, y'all fight on those people. If that's the case, ya would kee journalists. It's ug But I don't no shade to the journalists. Cool, but I just don't respect they. I ain't gonna say not respect it because you can have a you can have when it could be good. You can be really good at your job and you can see the game and be great at the game. You don't have to play the game and be to understand the game and be a good coach or whatever it is. But the perspective that she wants from somebody who's been there, but sure, Ernie Shag, Charles, they've been there or whatever.
Speaker 2: They all had their job for years. But they didn't grow with the game. Valid point.
Speaker 1: So it was just you just need some fresh new people who grew with the game. They didn't grow with the game. They still stuck in. Oh man, why they're gonna throw the ball in? He got this baby on the well. People don't post up no more because seven footage got handles, now you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So they just didn't grow with the game. They would have grew with the game.
Speaker 1: Nobody look here like if they started like, hey, y'all, let's push Winby is different. Kevin Durant is not gonna ever post up. Yokis is an untraditional big man. He can do it pretty like, and they just started championing that. Nobody will ever say nothing. But they just didn't grow with the game. Kenny did, but the rest of them didn't.
Speaker 3: Bro They need to have just put two entertainers and there are two people that really are serious about boss who you have a balance they.
Speaker 1: Should have like they can have that show. But they should have just started incorporated in some younger pieces like they did when they start putting Raymond on there. But they like to put controversial people on there that made you like, I'm gonna watch it but if they would have added Jamal Crawford to a regular show, like and let him and Kenny really talk on the ball and shocking them chiming, now.
Speaker 2: You're really weak and they're like nah shack and they can have a crazy dynamic. But whatever. For sure, like you said, Jamark Propper, Cannis park a really really good dition.
Speaker 3: So for sure, Yeah, Cannons Parker really do a good job. So she holded down for the job for sure.
Speaker 1: More to come, Man March Madison, the White Save tune Man, be here and tell the people that Grass and Merch chat.
Speaker 3: Shop Club five twenty dot com baby the show.
Speaker 1: We've been doing numbers. We appreciate the support. Tag us will make sure to repost you like, share, subscribe. All that good stuff will be back next time. Plug five twenty