Speaker 1: This is the Armstrong and Getty Show, featuring our podcast one more Thing, get it wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Reminds me for some reason, you saying that Katie when I was single and childless. Thank you. What is her name, Gladys? I want to sorry, Gladys. I want to call her Lola. For some reason, Lola doesn't play the harp. Thank you, Gladys for laying the harp of me reminiscing about something when I was a single and childless. There were a few weekends where I would realize on Monday morning, as I'm driving to work to do the radio show, that I hadn't said a word since I left work on Friday, because I hadn't interacted with another human being at all. I just saidn't a word to anybody. Hmmm. I don't really know what to say to that.
Speaker 1: What percentage of the population can make that same claim I did not interact with another human being the entire weekend, did not speak a word. It's fairly limited, I would guess, but you know you do you what would you guess? And if you as angry hermit.
Speaker 2: I would guess that both my brothers have done it. Semi regularly recently with their kids older and out of the house, Like not even a phone call, Like that's bizarre. Nobody talks on the phone. And I don't know if that's a good example. Now back in the day, No, we're talking back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you had Gladys play the damn harp, then you called her Lola, and now we're in the present day. On what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Somebody explained the crowd roles. Have we all lost.
Speaker 1: What does Walter say in The Big Lebowski something about it? We all lost our minds? Nobody cares about the rules anymore.
Speaker 2: How much of an outliar do you think I am? You think I'm in the one percent of the population that has ever done that? Or it's fewer than five five pretty small.
Speaker 1: No, it's not five. It's one to one to two and a half.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's probably good for you. I also had to do with like, like, you know, I have a really big Friday night, maybe a long watching movies or something, and you don't feel so good on Saturday, maybe part of Sunday. You just don't leave the house. You order a pizza. You know, it might be an exaggeration to have not said a word to anybody. Might have said thanks to the pizza guy when he handed me to pizza, but it wouldn't have been more than a couple of words.
Speaker 3: Oh, in this day and age, even with phones, I've done that where you take the recovery day, you turn the phone off.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So think about this though. The younger crowd now with their lifestyle, like you know our producer Sean or whatever, I'll but he had weekends where he never said a word to anybody other than through maybe a headset playing video games or a number of young people. Now that you know you can DoorDash or whatever, you don't have to call anybody to order food or something. Ill, but it happens more often than you think. It'd still be a small number. It makes me sad. All I know is we're moving more than that direction then away from it, I would guess.
Speaker 1: Which is good. You can see all the statistics on how happy and care free young people are these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I ever came out of a weekend like thinking that was like a really good time, or what an awesome weekend that was, or something I'm not claiming that see.
Speaker 3: And I'm of the day and age of cell phones and whatnot, and it's amazing the hoops I will jump through to avoid having to talk to somebody else. Yeah, like you know, scheduling appointments online, ordering online, all that stuff. I would much rather do that than have to call and interact with someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I avoid it now, not because I don't want to talk to it. If I thought I could talk to human being, i'd call right away. I don't want to call and get your impossible to use automated phone system that takes me twenty minutes and doesn't work. I'll see if I can do it online. And the reason it takes twenty minutes and doesn't work is because you want me to do it online because it's the cheapest thing for you. But that's a different topic. A couple of quick things here. I just came across this. Don't usually talk about this sort of thing on this podcast. This money circulating in US is expanding rapidly. We have a money supply surge going on right now. It's the highest level in over a year. They think that will likely lead to inflation surging higher. Don't like that story.
Speaker 1: It ought to if the laws of monetary physics are still true, and they are.
Speaker 2: And then this one. This is an actual survey. This isn't one of those done by According to walkintubs dot com, older people always look at who paid for the survey. A lot of time surveys have just the crap because of who they paid for. This is actual research done by a team of German researches in Germany and the United States Journal of Psychology. Stuff about how what where we think old age begins has been moving higher. This is not surprising at all. Last lie, that's when do you think old age began for you? Yes? Absolutely, last time. I feel like I screwed up my back.
Speaker 1: Oh really it started the shuffling like I'm ninety and it's a lot better now.
Speaker 2: But that ill, that has a lot to do with it, because I was gonna mention my mom and dad have different numbers on that, and for those reasons, my mom's physical health is not near where my dad's is. So I don't know what she would say, but she would probably say old age starts. Well, I can tell you the average now is seventy five. If you actually ask a senior, when does old age begin? It's now seventy five. Seventy five is the new sixty five, because it used to be not that many years ago. People said old age started at sixty five. Now that would seem kind of crazy, I think for a lot of people. Yea, for me, it started at forty eight. That when you start hurting yourself, you know, just doing the most basic things like walking or something. Yeah. I was just in the lunch room in one of the saleswomen who is now in her forties, was talking about all forties or not what I thought they would be talking about trying to work out, and she keeps getting hurt and blah blah blah. Yeah, but so now it's seventy five is both sixty five. My dad says eighty eighties when old age starts, but that's because he was still riding his horse up till eighty two. My mom has not been as physically as gifted as him and would put it a little earlier, but probably about surprisingly.
Speaker 1: The horse was seventy five. What it's an old horse, shoe horse?
Speaker 2: When are you going to get off of me? That is the question. When do I have when do I get to be an old age? That do only makes sense. I suppose life expectancy and help. But my mom regularly says when she was a kid, people in their sixties were considered old. You that you were done with life in your sixties. Nobody would have thought you played golf or rode a horse or rode bikes or vacationed or anything in your sixties.
Speaker 1: You were just like a new career.
Speaker 2: You were just in a rocking chair in your sixties, which now, of course, seems crazy. You're the youngest amongst Katie and he thoughts on this or does everything over the age of forty five just seem ancient to you?
Speaker 3: No, both my parent parents are in their early to mid seventies, and they're both young as can be, So I don't even think seventy five is old in my perspective.
Speaker 2: And I, dude, everything started hurting on me last year.
Speaker 3: And I had a stroke when I was thirty one, so I'm ninety.
Speaker 1: That's why we get along, so I had all better.
Speaker 2: Having a stroke at thirty one would change your view of it. I didn't have any health situation really at all until I got cancer at forty nine. But dude, my health went nuts at twenty nine.
Speaker 3: A kidney problem came up out of nowhere a quote mutated gene. I have a hereditary condition that is a mutated gene because nobody else in my family has it. And then I stroked out in twenty twenty. It was wild, have no idea what caused that the stroke? Yeah, well it was a mixture of not taking care of myself in stress. Okay, they said, oh really, but some of it was in your control. Yeah, I just I wasn't exercising at all. Obese big time?
Speaker 2: Were you really? I can't picture you obese at all? Two hundred and ten pounds? Were you really? This is new information, so that that's why you're always talking about working out and you eat so healthy. Yeah, I had I had to make a change.
Speaker 3: The doctors were like, this you do They actually call said that I dodged a bullet because I had three tias over the course.
Speaker 2: Of a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well it'll get your attention, want it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Huge? Kind of like what I mean.
Speaker 3: Michael Angelo had had the big shock diabetes diagnosis and had to make a complete change on his life.
Speaker 2: Eye opening. That's why I've been saying for a long time that I'd like to have a minor heart attack. Come on, yeah, I think a minor heart attack would get my attention and I wouldn't need donuts and stuff anymore. I don't want a major heart attack and don't want to die. I got kids to raise. But I think a minor heart attack just a little a huh, like flicking my ear huh. Wake up.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck with that plan. That's between you and the almighty, who you'll be meeting sooner than later. But that's an interesting way to approach life. Note to self, take blood pressure this afternoon. Yes, oh yeah, it's always a good idea. One final note on brain health, because during your little screen about not having contact with any human being for an entire weekend, you know, so much of what we are is neurologically pre determined, honestly, and if you're a neurological outsider or outlier, you just are. And you can, as I always say, you can operate within a certain narrowish lane of the way you're made. You can intentionally be more outgoing because you know it's good for you, blah blah blah, but you are who you are. Having said that, we were talking about handwriting and why so many states are trying to bring back handwriting incursive. I was intrigued because there wasn't a lot of information in the article we had, and I was reading into it. And apparently, according to neuropsychologists, there's something about handwriting that involves all sorts of of different parts of your brain that govern language and creativity and physical stuff and whatever, and they all have to interconnect and work together to yield handwriting and it's really good for your brain. Well, I mean, it's a use it or lose it thing with your brain.
Speaker 2: I'm completely aware of that, and of just the idea of that's why journaling and that sort of stuff is so important. There's something about writing down thoughts that can get them out of your head and arrange them in ways that they don't get arranged otherwise. And people have known this for centuries and if you don't do it, you should try it. I do it every day, sometimes twice a day. But writing things down organizes them in your head or gets them out of your head, like if you got to you know, why do I keep thinking about this thing that's driving me nuts? Write it down a couple of times and it can go away. Trust me, I've done it. I don't know how many times, but I do they know that printing doesn't do the same thing as cursive because I print, I've had success with it. And that's why I just don't understand why they're bringing back cursive specifically. I really can't imagine why it would be different. I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, which doesn't mean that it's not. I just can't imagine.
Speaker 2: One question that I don't think they've answered, because I've looked into this and read some stuff about it. They're not sure if typing works the same way as I was just talking about or not, because you are picking specific letters and having to manipulate your fingers and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and what about playing a musical instrument And although you can't compel a kid to play the guitar, but you can have them right in school and it's good for the brains.
Speaker 2: They've brought back. If you didn't hear us talking about this, they brought back cursive, I think down twenty two states, and I just wondered, why, what's the argument for it. I'm seeing that curse. According to the Google cursive.
Speaker 3: Engages more areas of the brain than when you print.
Speaker 2: I if that's true. It's true. I do know because I know some of these people. There's just a hanging on the cursive because I've always done it. I'm good at it, and my grandma did it. That's why that drives some of it. But if it's better for you, it's better for you, and I'm fine with that. All I know is.
Speaker 1: That the environment of the beast, the human beast, is evolving at five thousand times the speed that the beast can adapt to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably more like five hundred thousand times of speed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all right, how about five million times?
Speaker 2: But the point being, yeah, what are we going to do with that?
Speaker 1: I was hoping he'd say, yeah, how about fifty million times?
Speaker 2: Uh, And we're not even close to how fast it's going to go as soon as AI and everything kicks in.
Speaker 1: So well, we're all doomed, doomed to insanity, misery, drug addiction, public fornication.
Speaker 2: Who knows we who knows you wish public tornication? Maybe some babies would be born. So if I was one percent of the population that didn't talk to anybody over the weekend, that number will be seventy five percent here in about ten years.
Speaker 1: I think and the survivors will write that history, but not incursive because the brains have stuffed working. That's something too.
Speaker 2: Funny not to end on strong. This was actually real. Remember this promo. I never watched the show bad The most horrifying dumpy attack Heather caught on.
Speaker 1: Team That was when animals attack, right, that was in the heyday of when Big Fox went with like super pandery shows like when animals attack in celebrity boxing and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, that would so the world's most terrifying donkey attack caught on tape, Yes, the most horrifying dumpy Heather caught on tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not like a somewhat horrifying one of your second or third most horrifying donkey attacks. They got the mcgillo, they got the the all time champ.
Speaker 2: The most horrifying donkey attack, right, take the top five, take that other s and get it out of here. Your marginally dangerous donkey exactly somewhat horrifying donkey attacks.
Speaker 1: Oh watch that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. That's also when they were doing the Man versus Beast, which I loved. That was so.
Speaker 1: Crap horrific.
Speaker 2: We're so funny. Then Michael against a shark too. Yeah, that was that was more reason. But Katie, this is when you were but a wee girl.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Fox Big Fox used to do some great idiotic, pandering TV shows.
Speaker 2: They had whoever was the current fastest runner raced a giraffe I think for inexplicable reasons, and a guy what did he wrestle up there? Oh, he tried to out eat It was a hot dog eating Tobyashi at the time before Joey Chestnut, the top hotdog eater in the world. Kobyashi tried to played a hot talks faster than a and the bear just like just went like golden entertainment.
Speaker 1: Oh it was, it was. It was terrible because they'd show like the only really good piece of footage to promote it and at the beginning and over and over again. Then you had to wait till the end of the show and sit through, you know, just just stupidity.
Speaker 2: Well, and the animals usually won, like just very easily as you would expect. There was some NFL linemen or some big tough guy who did a tuggle war with the Ryan Attack.
Speaker 1: I'd forgotten about that one. Oh this is good stuff.
Speaker 2: Stupid show. I just remember you had the guy in the giraffe and they released him and the guys run as fast again in the giraffe just disappeared. What's the point of this? When Animals Attack was on for weeks, that was an ongoing show, right, That was the heyday of Fox. Bring that back. I think they just ran out of ideas.
Speaker 1: And sometimes they'd have real footage, but because not everybody had a cell phone at that point and ring cameras weren't omnipresent, it was a lot of reenactments, very disciplined. I don't care how good your reenactment is, it's not the same as actual footage.
Speaker 2: So quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 1: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now, Armstrong and Getty on Demand. Conan O'Brien went to Harvard and was involved in National Lampoon there and then went on to write for The Simpsons and Saturday Night Live and have his own show. And even with all that success, I think he's more successful now at age sixty than he's ever been in his career. He just sold his podcast De Lli O to Serious XM FORO one hundred and fifty million dollars, and he's got millions of people that tune into his various works now, so good for him. Funny guy, creative guy. An interesting thing about his personality that I heard in an interview I want to bring up, but first let's hear a clip of him on The Tonight Show last night with Jimmy Fallon, first time he'd been back to The Tonight Show since he got it taken away from him back in the day.
Speaker 4: This really nice young guy in a white shirt in a baseball cap starts chatting with me, and he's saying, you know, Conan and I love the podcast, and so I really love the old late night clips. I watch him all the time, and you know, I also really like the stuff you did with the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, he's so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Then we both go through the TSA thing. He goes through. I go through. I collect all my stuff, you know, the way you're kind of distracted. I put my belt on, get my shoes back on, I turn around, see the guy white shirt hat, and I go, you know what, let's do selfie. Come on, come on, do selfie. And the guy goes, okay, let's go your knucklehead, and I get I'm like in a headlock. Yeah, and he does a selfie and just as he's taking it, I look, my guy's over there. This is just a guy who's also wearing a white shirt in a baseball cap, which is pretty eff in common. So rewind that story now and see it from his point of view. He's waiting for his wife to come through. Connor O'Brien comes through and he's like, hey, Sephie, get.
Speaker 2: That I'm talking about. And I told.
Speaker 4: The guy I feel so, but you can delete it, and he was looked like he was on the fence about deleting it. I felt terrible, but I love moments like that where I'm go right back down to whatever you think you've achieved in life.
Speaker 2: Me there's a guy who thinks I met Connor O'Brian.
Speaker 4: He's just an insane a hole.
Speaker 2: That would be confusing. You're standing there, Conor Brian all of a sudden shows.
Speaker 5: Up, What what? Okay, that's a great story, Oh lord? And well told.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: Conan O'Brien flying commercial and taking off his belt and shoes. I mean, when was that or does he still do that? Maybe? I don't know, Yeah, I wonder does He doesn't even ts a PreCheck. It's not that expensive, man. So one thing I want to did you so Conan O'Brien's probably really closer to your era, Katie as being the big late night king in ours? Yeah? Oh yeah, huge. I love him. I think he's hysterically funny.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: He is a funny, funny guy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love watching his stuff where he goes out in the public and just messes with people. He's got a great series on YouTube were I think if you just type in Conan he has his own channel and it's just all this stuff of him with like Kevin Hart having the intern drive and.
Speaker 2: Just completely screwing with her the whole time. It's just wonderful. Yeah, and uh what another Conan. The thing is, Oh, I've heard Adam Sandler on a different podcast talking about how when Conan So, Conan was a writer there and a lot of those big stars from Sarah and Live were there, and then when Conan got his own show, they were all so excited for him because they all liked him, and Adam Sandler and David Spadeen, Chris Farlane, all those people went over to somebody's house to watch his first show because they were all so excited that he was getting his big shot to be a big deal, and uh, I need it turned out to be a big deal. And like I've mentioned a few times, he just sold his podcast for one hundred and fifty million dollars. Too serious. After all his success, so good for him. But even with all that, he was on some buddy else's show and talking about how and I think this is true for a lot of people, how no matter what has happened in his life, he's still the same guy who was in high school. When in high school he was a very awkward, not very well liked, weirdo with not very many friends. And he said he's still that, he still sees himself that way. He's still always uncomfortable. He just he said he doesn't at this point, he's sixty years old. He doesn't expect anything will ever change that. So, no level of crowds, cheering money, success, anything has changed to he was in high school and even without the crowd's money and everything like that. I feel the same way too. So why is who we were in high school baked into who we are for the rest of our lives. Whose cruel trick was that?
Speaker 1: I guess back when I would have been a cave boy, it just didn't matter. Life was so completely different for the first ninety nine point nine nine nine nine nine percent of mankind's existence. It was, you know, all right, look, you're you're of breeding age, you're a fighting age, you're of tracking down a mast to done, putting a spirit of age.
Speaker 2: Let's get this done. When you're gonna be dead by age twenty four most likely. Yeah, yeah, so it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're searching for yourself at age forty eight as a cave man. Well that's a rarity.
Speaker 5: I just don't know who I am.
Speaker 2: I've seen it work both ways too. I've known a few people that were big deals in high school and adult life has not worked out for them that well, but they still see themselves as the big deal, and it just it's kind of weird to be around.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't I look that great for you, But okay, good for you. Well, I still got the nose in the air congrats looking good.
Speaker 3: Makes it hard to feel bad for them, though, right right, right, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't Yeah, I suppose so I don't recall running into anybody who really answered to that description recently, But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I would pity them all the more. But again, I haven't rushed up against them, so I don't know. But getting back to the whole caveman thing, So I guess, you know, typical if you're going to have like a midnight a midlife crisis, or you know, what am I doing? Why am I doing this? Is this how I want to spend the rest of my life? It'd be like at age seventeen as a caveman, right right, all of this eating meat and sitting around a fire.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if that's the biggest problem, If that's the biggest problem modern humans have is our brains and consciousness just was not designed to go past like hardly past age twenty. Breed, win a battle, die next, right, right, Yeah. And I'd imagine if there were scientists fifty thousand years ago, if you were to say to them, what do you suppose happens to the brain around age eighty? They would say, what the hell are you talking about? Why do you care?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you going to become disillusioned with life at age forty five? Forty five? Who do you know is forty five?
Speaker 1: Says the caveman, Right, yeah, yeah, And if they are, so, what if you'll excuse me, there's a tiger chewing on my leg.
Speaker 2: But if you have imposter syndrome, I would say, if Conan O'Brien still has imposter syndrome, you ain't getting rid of yours either, no matter what you achieved.
Speaker 1: That's what I learned. Oh yeah, yeah, you know, I became aware that. Well, I suppose I can go ahead and say it. My daughter, like so many of us, has a bit of that. And we are touring law school the other day and the two fabulous young women who were taking us around on the tour admitted to flaming imposters syndrome. And they're so sweet. They said, everybody has it. Everybody has it, don't worry about it. You can do this, You'll be fine. And it was great, and I think more people need to know that. I tried to teach my kids that, you.
Speaker 2: Know that feeling you're big success, Well, dad has it every day every day.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. Fake it till you make it seriously. But it's hard to convince people. They think, Oh, you're just saying that to make me feel better, right. I remember an interview I saw with Paul Begala.
Speaker 2: He is one of the people that got Bill Clinton elected president, and he was talking about what was like to be at the White House and walk in there every single day, and he said, if you don't walk into the White House every day with imposter syndrome, there's something seriously wrong with you. Because everybody feels like I can't believe I'm here. Why am I here? Of all people? Me right right?
Speaker 1: I am not good enough for this, I am not important enough for this. I see the ghost of you know, Thomas Jefferson standing there in the corner. Hi, Tom, did you see the game last night?
Speaker 2: So I bet again? Kind of getting to the other side of it, I feel like I have known some people who don't seem like they've ever had any self doubt one second in their lives. And are they just in it off really well or do they actually not ever have any self doubt?
Speaker 1: I think those people probably exist. Katie, your your opinion. I just think, don't think there are many.
Speaker 3: I feel like if you hmm, I feel like they're probably just hiding it. Well, it's like a natural, a natural thing for someone to feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would guess eighty percent of the people you perceive are that way are faking it, and maybe twenty percent of those people actually have whatever genetic gift it is to be, you know, super comfortable and no impostor syndrome. I you know, I didn't really have it until I became an adult, and I get I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either, but it's partially because I hadn't achieved anything. So what would I be an impostor about? I was just going to say.
Speaker 1: As I kept running into things that were increasingly difficult, I would think, oh boy, I could I could really fail at this? Does anybody around here realize I could completely fail at this?
Speaker 2: I still Katie because I wear a suit to work most days. I still like walking down the street in a suit. Feel like people could look at me and say, what was that guy to wearing a suit for? He's not a suit guy trying to kids about you? Right? You just could tell by looking at me that's not a guy who wears a suit kind of act.
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Hey, you think he borrowed that suit or stay or someone's trying to impress.
Speaker 1: Look at the dip in the suit trying the kid right, exactly, That's what I think.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Strong and Getty show. But I mentioned the David Copperfield show that we went to the Magician and how he was working too sexy for a show with lots of kids. There lots of kids younger than my kids. Of course, the younger kids didn't get some of the jokes. But like he asked a dad, stand up, sir, here, you're your wife and your kids. When's the last time you and your wife had sex in front of their kids? Wait? What? Okay? And the last time you had it? So seven days ago? He writes down the number seven for the trick, and last time he had sex. How long did the session last? And dad says twenty minutes. But I'm not answering that question in front of my kids. It's weird.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start calling sex the session from now on, and he sam for a session, honey, a fantastic session.
Speaker 1: Maybe the rich old bastard just figures. I got one act. I'm not changing it for these bunch of rugrats. I actually told my kids that it was a thing with aging. Sometimes when people get old, they just kind of lose track of what's appropriate and what's not. Because that's true, right, and I think he might be there. You'd think some of the world's most famous performers would have figured that out by now, or had people.
Speaker 2: He's hell, he's hell old. The thing that made me laugh the hardest. And I couldn't say this on the show. It's inappropriate, and I know some of you don't like this language. So part of the deal he was he made this. It's a long drawn out story, but he's got this little Yoda baby Yoda type character or whatever, and trying to get him home. Anyway, all of a sudden, we're all staring at the ceiling, and all of a sudden, a spaceship appears and it's floating around. He said, look at that a spaceship. That made me laugh. But anyway, so the other thing we did was we went to the sphere and that's the great big Giant ball. If you haven't heard anything about it, it got a lot of attention when it first opened because you two played there. But it's not just a concert venue. In fact, I don't think it's primarily going to be a concert venue. I think it's mostly going to be like movies and stuff like that. And so we watched this movie about planet Earth and the Big Bang, and it was an opportunity to show you oceans and mountains and deserts. And I did get a little bit uh carsick motion sickness because you're floating around all this stuff and it's so giant. It's I forget how many K it was, eighteen K screen boy, and yeah, no way, I'm going to this eighteen K screen. I mean that the vertigo of sitting like at the top of vertical stands. Yeah, it's like walking up a mountain in one hundred and seventy thousand speakers and it's really remove it all. Yes, so that's cool. So when the elephants come stomping through, the base is like unlike anything you've ever heard before. I mean even a great concert. The base is just stunning. And then the seats move too, so you get a full Like the elephants are stomping through, it's loud and you're kind of bouncing around. M It sort of sounds like sensory overload. Yeah. Yeah, And I got a kid with sensory issues, so he was he actually holding my hand the whole show.
Speaker 1: Yes, Joe, did the those woofers? Did they hit the brown note? The brown notice a note that all bassists know about, and that is a particular note if your amp is set up just right, that can cause people to poop themselves.
Speaker 2: But the other thing they had at the sphere, and I was thinking about this because there is an article in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this on the radiation. Stop giggling. Look, Katie, the audience does not responding. They're a bad audience. You know what, You as the bass player, you're in charge of punishing them.
Speaker 3: I expect more, Joe.
Speaker 2: See, That's that's what's so delightful about me, you know, be so many colors, so many different.
Speaker 1: Levels of humor.
Speaker 2: Before I move on to the AI thing. Back to the Sphere show. So I'm sitting there and and I was trying to decide how I'm going to talk about this so I don't get myself in trouble with various groups. I'm not going to mention the group but it became clear to me that culturally, and this is another country because they don't speak English. Culturally, some people just talk through shows because they were all from a certain area of the world, and they just talked through the entire show and giving them the look. But they were just so engrossed and out loud like regular voice, not even whispering like regular voice conversation, that I thought this, this is clearly a cultural thing. This isn't a wow, This isn't a couple of rude people who need to be reminded to be quiet. They come from a part of the world where you just talk through shows. I guess so in these parts of the world that I won't mention because I don't want to get in trouble. If you go to a movie theater, is everybody just sitting there talking out loud through the whole movie? Because that's why I was happening here. You think he's gonna kiss her, I keep expecting her to kiss her.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Good on you for figures, you know, having that thought process prior to telling him to shut the hell up.
Speaker 2: Well, they wouldn't have understood me because they clearly didn't speak English. But Yeah, a couple of young couple sitting beside me, and then a couple of older people behind me, all from similar part of the world, and they just talked fully out loud the whole show, even in like super quiet parts, dramatic parts and everything like that. Just so do blas and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Weird. I guess that's just a cultural thing. In the United States, we were quiet during shows, some might say respectful of other people's experience.
Speaker 1: You know, I totally get why you did what you did. It sounds super cool. You got kids. They need to have experiences and see the world. Blah blah blah. They have been exactly when you were there doing that. Judy and I were walking through the woods taking pictures of birds, and I am so happy that that's what I was doing. Yes, I was spectacle at all.
Speaker 2: I was actually thinking watching this thing at the sphere. I'm not sure while why anybody would ever need to go anywhere or do anything. Ever again, if this becomes normal, it was the the clarity of the eighteen K screen, the sound and all encompassing. I don't know why I would need to walk inside one of those great big cathedrals in Europe. I had the full I've been to one, so I know I don't have smello vision yet. This is the first time I've ever had the awe feeling that you get from doing things in person from a screen, and I thought, I think they finally replicated the in person experience for seeing a sunset being on the ocean.
Speaker 1: What interesting.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: You are are famously hard of smelling, heard of tasting. You don't taste things normally, okay.
Speaker 2: Which I think has to do with zero factory center in your brain or something like that.
Speaker 1: I disagree. You've got to have the smell, you've got to have the humidity, You've got to have the feeling of the air in a place interesting to really experience it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I read the mustiness of an old church, even the dusty. Yes, the smell of the hymnals Thanks get pretty musty after a session day.
Speaker 1: Am I talking in this voice? I don't know. I'm going to ignore that attempted humor.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Armstrong and get shall