Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to your Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: And today we get a little special update update.
Speaker 1: That's where we have one of our couples from a previous Second Date call in and tell us what's happened since they were on the show. Now, if you're new to these or you just need a reminder, we do play the original second Date, so everybody's up to speed when we get the couple back on, Yes, because we don't want to go and explain everything. No, No, you.
Speaker 3: Can hear the original and then listen to the update right after.
Speaker 1: Yep, and then right after there'll be little commercial breaks fast forward. Yes, unless you're my boss is listening then, and then you'll hear the couple back on.
Speaker 4: After that.
Speaker 2: It's excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we must discuss yesterday's second got to because Aura was back. Unfortunately, we did not know we would.
Speaker 2: Be calling Aura.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to save her number so it comes up when people give us her blog the number.
Speaker 5: Maybe we can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, she's never been the most liked person.
Speaker 6: I don't know that she helped herself.
Speaker 5: We got a lot of She has two brain cells and they're fighting with each other.
Speaker 3: I knew her name was familiar.
Speaker 5: She'd mean he can do better, yeah, or will meet her love one day? Not she'll be sixty years old and talk about how all the men are the same and nobody treats her good.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, Oh this one.
Speaker 5: She's insufferable. I listened to this podcast to chill at work, but instead I'm pissed off now.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's somebody for everybody, even for Aura.
Speaker 5: Sure right, Oh, one person did comment she's one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 3: Hey, there you go, she's for everyone.
Speaker 2: Our podcast found the one person. She was awesome. Yeah, hey, thanks for being here. We're going to start your update update right now.
Speaker 3: Out of all the second date calls we've ever made over the years, and we've done literally thousands of them, yes, I can say honestly, Brooke has never been more passionate than she was during this particular call. It all happened because she shared one common interest with the dude on the phone. And if Brooke is into it, yeah, you know it's gonna be weird. But here's the good news. Her fire, her excitement has led us now to this moment where we're getting a special update update from the person who shares her same weird passion, and you'll hear all of it and more coming up in your second Date Update update. Right after this second Date Update, alexis when you go out on a date, here's an important question. Do you do phone up or phone face down on the table?
Speaker 5: I put my Perusually I don't have an out.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, trust the guy to be near your phone.
Speaker 2: Your hands.
Speaker 5: I got one hand in person.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got touches. I feel librady. You know if I guess saw it was like a twitch at the table the whole time and she couldn't see it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I bring it up because some people think phone face down means you're heighting something that you don't want them to see.
Speaker 5: Right now, I just put it on do not disturb if you don't want to text to show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that it's polite to put it face down.
Speaker 3: Well, phone up would be more like you're kind of an open book an open phone.
Speaker 1: I think it's you're boring and I would rather look at my phone.
Speaker 3: Okay. The whole reason that I bring it up is because one guy cell is at the center of something that could have possibly gone wrong that night. He's not really sure. So let's welcome Paul to the show. Paul, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm okay? How are you? Guys?
Speaker 2: We know where the phone is right now? Paul up to his.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it okay? Paul, don'tn't worry about the phone. Just let's talk about the girl that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 4: I was this girl? Kelly?
Speaker 3: Okay, where did you meet Kelly?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, we've known each other at the gym, and she just says, normally I tell guys I have a boyfriend, but I'm not going to tell you that.
Speaker 6: So it's like.
Speaker 1: Cool, Oh wow, that's a good line on her part too, because it's like, I'm very wanted.
Speaker 2: I have to turn men down all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make an exception for you. So what did you guys do?
Speaker 4: So both our schedules are really busy. It was hard to find time to hang out. So we actually settled on a gym date.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, let's just meet back here.
Speaker 2: Whose idea was that?
Speaker 4: We just kind of both agreed because they couldn't find any other time.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys really can't skip one hour at the gym to get one dreams The gym rats but together.
Speaker 4: Well, that was just part of the date. So she did come back to my place and we cooked kind of like a healthy meal.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's cute too, of your health conscious like, yeah, yeah, So how was dinner?
Speaker 4: It was good. Kind of funny situation happened where I was in the other room doing the dishes and I heard my phone beep like a text came through, okay, And I left it in there with her and I was like, hey, can you who texted?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: What they said?
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: Why would you do such a thing?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 3: Extremely trusting?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my girl. I know. But here's the thing, Like, if I was.
Speaker 1: On a date, my phone would be inundated with text messages for my friends. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was gonna be like all the naked photos that you've taken, But.
Speaker 2: No, I said those already I was.
Speaker 3: On you and I have very different concerns. When it's looking at your phone naked is never an issue for me, gotcha? So you said, hey, take a look at my phone and tell me who texted and what they said?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was kind of surprised. You was like, what, But I don't they give her my path. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay right in yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So she tells me it was one of my friends who wanted to know if I'm meeting up tonight, and I answered to respond to him, tell him I'm on a date with a pre girl cooking dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good line, a green flag, lady.
Speaker 5: I don't know now, IM straty that you're trying too hard though that.
Speaker 3: It's like, I see, you can see it set up.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, you had your friend text on purpose at five.
Speaker 3: Point thirty text me and I'm gonna yeah, you guys.
Speaker 5: Are not organized, so I doubt it, but I mean, who cares.
Speaker 2: He just called you pretty.
Speaker 3: Like I mean.
Speaker 2: The dishes, right, he's so excited.
Speaker 3: Can you can you tell us? Was that set up?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not?
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh wow that was good, like that very smooth.
Speaker 2: I mean, could you tell she was flattered?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure? Girls like being called pretty, right, I mean, well, and the trust, like you know again, could be too trusting, but it's at least not the opposite where it's like, don look at my phone, give that back.
Speaker 5: To It's like, really, you have nothing to hide.
Speaker 3: You're not cheating anyone interesting you probably never thought about that, Paul. But what happened afterwards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I didn't come back in the room for a few minutes of finishing the dishes and all that.
Speaker 2: But and that is hot.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, as a married woman, I understand why you would think it's hot, But alexis I'm I mean.
Speaker 5: I don't care imagining him?
Speaker 3: Sure, all right? Is this is sounding pretty good? I think? Did did we miss any details?
Speaker 4: No, you know that did. I didn't have anything weird or incriminating. I didn't get a bad vibe from her, but you guys are apt and if anything weird happened. So that's the only thing that was out of the ordinary. Kiss her, no kids, But we hugged and she left like a little while later.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you seen her at the gym?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's certainly been a few days, so I haven't seen her. But I'm just kind of getting the vibe that she's not really into hangout again. I don't know, you feel that shift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's weird because you were so open with her, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, and they knew each other pretty I mean, like not really well, but like enough see.
Speaker 2: Each other again.
Speaker 3: It is weird to go back to the place you just had a date with a guy, and like were just being over eager. We're just all very eager to hear what she has to say when we come back and call her. Hopefully she picks up and gives us some answers for your second date update. Right after this second date update, you're in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 3: Is it possible to be so open and so trusting that it's actually a turn off? Does that sound funny? I mean, that's what we're wondering after talking to our listener Paul, because he gave his date the password to his cell phone so that she could text a friend for him while he was busy doing dishes in the other room. Yeah, in the other room. So he heard his phone go off and was just like, whatever that was, go check it. Yeah, And he felt felt comfortable doing that because he says he's got nothing to hide on there. She can go look through whatever she wants and won't find anything weird.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's nothing that's weird on your phone?
Speaker 3: What are you? Oh?
Speaker 2: You in his mind he said, the pass code.
Speaker 3: You know, so maybe she found something else that wasn't in the text.
Speaker 1: Right if she's not sketchy but just weirds.
Speaker 3: Paul, is there anything that you're not telling us? Do you have a furry app on there that you left open?
Speaker 4: No, guys, I'm serious, I don't have anything weird on there, I promise. Okay.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like such a nice time.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, and maybe that's the problem. That was so nice. That was what Alexis said. It's like too nice where it's like this guy's not even fun anymore.
Speaker 5: You reply, you like reply probably to your friends too, but it.
Speaker 3: Can wait ten minutes, like also a quick reply.
Speaker 2: Friends as well.
Speaker 5: Question we talk about it.
Speaker 3: Are we giving you a little bit of a complex yet?
Speaker 4: Paul? Yeah? Maybe? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay. Hopefully we can find more of your issues when we call Kelly for you and see what she has to say. Hopefully she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Kelly. This is Hey Kelly. You're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Kelly, good morning, Kelly.
Speaker 6: Wow, Hey, you know who we are.
Speaker 2: You've listened to the show for sure.
Speaker 6: I'm just.
Speaker 3: TikTok may Yeah, I'll take it. Hey, we'll take you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're familiar with us because of our segment the second ate update. Is that how you know us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've definitely heard of that.
Speaker 3: It's not because jose being handsome is so viral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, darn it, Lay, But.
Speaker 3: Kelly, we're doing a second ate update right now because of a guy that you went out with recently who's been trying to get a hold of you, Paul from the gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I had a feeling that might be what this is about when you said that, Okay, yeah, okay, it sounded.
Speaker 2: Like such a fun time you and Paul had.
Speaker 6: The date itself was pretty great, honestly, Like, I don't really have complaints about that, Okay, Okay, I guess I just did something I really shouldn't have done, and it just it took me out of it. It ruined it for me.
Speaker 3: What did you do? Because we heard that you two did a gym workout and had dinner back at Paul's place.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he did the dishes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just really excited about that.
Speaker 6: You're not wrong about any of that, Like that's all one hundred percent true. And I mean, what a great date to have with somebody who you've known for a while and have been going to the same gym like for a long time. Like it kind of all was coming together really nicely, like almost a little too good to be true, Like.
Speaker 3: Wow, what could possibly ruin it?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 6: Like me, me, what do you mean? Oh my god? Okay, So basically he got it as when he was doing the dishes and I was in the living room where his phone was like sitting on the turder. Yeah, so you know about the pass code and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, And he even asked you to send a message to his friend for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we guess that maybe you looked at other things on his phone.
Speaker 6: Not initially, but your girl got a little curious and I went back for seconds. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did give you the pass code is dang, you're hungry.
Speaker 3: What did you find?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I can't even believe this. Okay, you know the notes app on your phone?
Speaker 1: Oh you went deep into his phone personal Yeah, that gave me like a journal.
Speaker 6: So he wrote a bunch of there's a bunch of drafts in there, and there are a bunch of like over the top aggressive negative Yelp reviews even like it's I even for like businesses. It's not for restaurants. He didn't find like a hair and his food. No, these are for public restrooms.
Speaker 3: What he's a public restroom?
Speaker 2: Do you think he know?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Did he like copy and paste him for?
Speaker 3: Oh? Like, are they jokes?
Speaker 2: Because that would be that sounds like a joke to me, a review of a public restroom.
Speaker 6: There is zero percent chance like this came from his soul. He did not write this on a win like there was one in there about like the McDonald's on Fifth Avenue and he was going off. He was like, oh, the hinges on the door were like loose and the latch was hanging on for dear life, like it was a marriage on its last leg.
Speaker 3: Like, and it's useful because now I know not to go to that McDonald's. So you didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't think it was attractive.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it seemed like a little unhinged that someone would be having that in this phone.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think you're trying to find something wrong with him because you're scared it was going so good because.
Speaker 6: Listen, that's just how that's how I felt.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, your feelings are totally valid, But I believe that Paul's feelings are probably also equally as valid, if not more, because they are his private notes. So we should probably hear his side of the story because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you. Yeah, I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: And his favorite restroom.
Speaker 6: Paul, Oh my god, I'm here.
Speaker 4: What's the bathroom?
Speaker 2: Or he's a toilet king?
Speaker 3: Are you feeling based on what you just heard there?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't really see what's the big deal about help reviews?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm with him.
Speaker 4: I mean, who wants to eat at a restaurant where the bathroom's filthy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right though it?
Speaker 5: Have you ever looked up the bathroom before you go somewhere?
Speaker 1: If I went and saw a review for a restaurant, they said it had an icky bathroom out.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you relieve yourself out in the woods.
Speaker 2: Listen to me, that is clean.
Speaker 3: Okay, Maybe Paul can leave a review of the bathroom mountain in the in the forest where you tell me think of.
Speaker 2: How creative those reviews were. I mean, you've got a man who is good with words.
Speaker 3: We've been doing the show for like thirteen years. Brook has never stood up for a man like she has. Public bathroom yelp, toilet was it?
Speaker 6: Honestly? Like you are gassing me up a little bit, like you're making me see the other side of things a little.
Speaker 1: Bit you wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, Kelly, here's the important question in his apartment? Was his bathroom clean? I did not think of that.
Speaker 2: Are you asking her to review his Oh no, I wasn't that excited about it.
Speaker 6: But I will say two things. Number One, it was sparkling clean. I will give him that very clean bathroom.
Speaker 4: However, thank you.
Speaker 6: Number two, I do not appreciate the fact that the toilet paper was facing the way. I don't appreciate it. The underpole supposed to be.
Speaker 1: You just found a man with a clean bathroom that does his and you are trying to find a problem.
Speaker 2: You cannot pass up this opportunity.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It seems to be a pretty big issue for her. But Kelly, I'm still gonna ask you anyway, would you give him another shot at a second date and we would pay for it.
Speaker 6: I take ownership like I should not have gone through this man's phone. That's good and so as long as the place you are sending us has a solid bathroom reading from.
Speaker 3: Him now suddenly like the most Kelly too.
Speaker 2: Now she's on board.
Speaker 4: Paul, I'd love to go out with Kelly against.
Speaker 2: If they ever get married. They're gonna rent one of those really fancy port It has like it's like a trailer.
Speaker 3: Is just your stories always end up in a trailer. They always started.
Speaker 2: There too, Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Brook has never been more excited to have any two listeners back than Kelly and Paul. But they're to give us an update update, So welcome back to the show, you two, and from your email, it sounds like you are still together, but you're working through some personal stuff. At least on Paul's side.
Speaker 4: It's going well. I've been trying to just focus more on the good and being less aggressive about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're referring to the negative bathroom reviews that tended to skew a little bit angry, right, Yeah, are you still doing those.
Speaker 4: I'm still reviewing, trying not to be too harsh and let more things fly.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it sounds like maybe that urge to one star yelp, places is still lurking inside you.
Speaker 4: It still happens, especially around urinals.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, dude, I feel that they don't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: Is so much splatter. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you and Brook can talk a little bit and get some of that anger out after this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not about not having anger, it's just about channeling good.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll channel it into after this, maybe in the into our podcast. But we're happy to hear Kelly Paul that you're still together and reforming each other and doing well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 3: But keep us updated on your bathroom escapabe. No no, no, Paul, definitely do not reveal have
Speaker 4: To check out your bathroom