Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black Brown ambition, ambious, ambition, ambition, ambition.
Speaker 2: Hey man, hey man is wearing Black Owned lip lippy and this is like her color thank.
Speaker 3: You and the Black Owned. Uh what do you call this pullover? This is that brand you told me about ou.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's really because the red red is giving honeys. Girls like the name of the lippy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so yeah, Tiffany is like, oh yeah, I know the odor of that lippy. So my favorite activity is shopping the end caps at Target, so like the end of the aisles and I always find good stuff. So this was like a Black History Month special lip kit had a lip pencil and a liquid bat lip gloss or whatever lipstick and the color is rich Anti rich as it's good. And then the liner it's called straight No Chaser.
Speaker 1: So if you're not familiar lit the lit the lip bar is by Melissa Butler and she was actually on Shark Tank and they said, girl, you tried it, we don't want it, and she said, no, you tried it. And now she's like one of the I think she's like the biggest Black Owned makeup line inside Target. She actually has two lines she's got the lip bar. I mean it's Thrive or something like that. Thread. Yes, it's like this blue line thing that she has. But Melissa is amazing. She's been slaying I remember distinctly, like I think it's the pandemic. She was having a hard time because you know, people weren't going outside and trying to look cute.
Speaker 3: Well, took off that.
Speaker 1: She more than rebounded and bounced all the way back. And yeah, I her colors are the best one. They last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, colors are drinking you see all this?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, so Mandy has a water bottle that she's drinking out. I really have to say, like the colors, like when I put them on, like whenever, I would say eighty percent at a time, when I'm on TV or whatever, I'm wearing her color because my makeup bars can't always come with me and they will last the whole time. Yeah. So she actually has a place in Detroit which I've been to, which is really cute. But she's sold in targeted and I think CVS, CBS. She's just swaying. She's just like a sassy, beautiful black woman that is like what straight out of Detroit. So try if you want to so shout out a listen.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. Well did you have a good B Day weekend? I think there might have been another holiday this weekend, but it was it was a national holiday. Like I actually wished people a happy b Day all day I had. And this is I have such a heartbreaking story. I feel like every time her everyone. Once in a while, I give you like a Mandy adventure Adventures of Mandy, where like it is just a clusterfuck and the everything goes wrong. And if you're if you have kids at home, with little kids, you know, the morning routine of getting out the door fed, everything packed up, you know things, get the bottles for the baby, and get the lunch, and don't forget the water bottle, not that water bottle, the new water bottle, not that Yoda one, the Yoda one that's metal, not plastic water bottle. Anyway, and it's every day is different. Today we got there like thirty minutes late, you know whatever. It's after spring break. But on Friday, I booked myself a ninety minute deep tissue massage in a ninety minute facial because the skin has been just looking haggard. And I was so excited plus the new Cowboy Carter album jopped, and I made sure I booked the nice spot that's like a little like I don't know, like a thirty minute drive away, and I thought, ooh, I'll listen to one half on the way there, because you know the album time is like one minute, one hour and seventeen minutes. Yes, I had to be sure I could squeeze it in. And then on the way back I listened and maybe I listened to it during I don't know. I was gonna vibe and it was going to be such an amazing day. Drop off the baby drop off. Rio walk up to the door and they were like, oh, ma'am, is he here for no, there's no school today. It's good Friday and we're in a Catholic church and it's closed, so you could take your adorable son and good luck too. Yeah, And I was devastated, and Rio and sweet Rio, He's like, Mommy, don't be sad. I go to your massage. I could go, And I'm like, you could if it was like a thirty minute massage, but I can't. It was going to be a three hour, you know, minimum experience. I can't. There's not enough YouTube in the world to keep him. And I also didn't want that to be his day, just like ugh, and then I wouldn't be able to really relax. So the whole day was fudged, but we ended up going It was every every hour, so I just wanted to cry. Also, I was out like three hundred dollars because yeah, yeah, because I canceled like forty five minutes before and there. It's just what a disaster. I keep getting the emails like, how would you rate our services? I'm like, the services I did not get, but that I paid for it's great. But anyway, so and I was so frustrated because I didn't get to really listen to Beyonce the new album Cowboy Carter until the next morning. But it has been because I wanted to be alone, like in peace, you know, and rio is just anyway. But I finally did and I'd be listening to it non stop. It's been the soundtrack to my weekend and I yeah, whatever, there was another holiday this weekend, but it was fantastic. We all got this in his Easter basket. I'm holding my book. Yeah, he's going to realize that Easter Buddy is not real if I keep doing this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: First of all, I remember when I took I took so for Carol's, my sister, her fortieth birthday. I was doing a was going to a conference in Puerto Rico. I said, come and this will be like your birthday presents. So she came and Ameliar, her daughter, whose birthday was on Friday, Beyonce Day day. She lost her tooth when we were away, and my sister Tracy was watching them, and she was like, what are we gonna do? Auntie Chichi that's Tracy's nickname. The tooth fairy is in Puerto Rico. Please give me that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean real, really, he's like, ooh, a basket full of stuff. I like this, but he didn't ask too many questions. But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know how long had to put the confused her. Well, she woke up to Monday. She was like wait a minute, wa a minute. Like Puerto Rico. She was like, girl'll try somebody else. Just give me my money. Just you gotta just.
Speaker 3: Put heyb a fan. We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about some of our face. I know you you can't pick your favorite and I don't even have it. Oh, so there's some ones that like instantly, you know, sometimes because there's so many songs, it's like, what is it twenty seven song? How many songs?
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is twenty seven tracks, not songs. Yeah, because there's the interludes with like Willie Nelson and Dolly Parks Carton and Linda Martel. Yeah, so I feel like it totally be twenty songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and do those people in there, because she said, try somebody else your greats think I'm great.
Speaker 3: You know, she's exactly. Yeah, she's like the king and Queen of country. I mean, Willie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you all you know you love you will you know the great think I'm great? You know. The way she did that said the level of patty is just.
Speaker 3: The level of like and you know what, it's that classic like in order to do in order to be received, well, you have to you can't. There's no margin for error as a black woman, like you have to get the white the great white co sign, you know what I mean. Although I don't think it was as trife like as I think she really did it from a place of like, I respect these icons and there was oh but this was a black and this is a Beyonce album. I really get it when she said, this is not a country album, It's a Beyonce album. And I'm just so grateful. I'm so grateful to be living in the time of Beyonce. I feel like I feel like everybody who came up in the eighties, like in their twenties and really got to be there for the Michael era, you know what I mean, the Michael Jackson era and the Prince era. And people keep saying that, oh, she's our generations, Michael and Prince and all that, and I do and Tina Turner, which is, yes, totally fair, but we are so fortunate because she is so healthy that I don't think she's gonna die, like at a very young age, Like she's not going to ode. And I'm just like, in the body of work, we all know, like there were the classic albums from these artists and they were huge and they were the soundtrack of a generation. But I feel like she's the soundtrack of like two generations now because she still keeps putting out incredible bodies of work, like.
Speaker 1: ABC Easier Jackson. This is true, you know, Michael's right, Michael's like, hola, hold on, I'm gonna let you cook.
Speaker 3: But okay, in his last couple of albums like where are they giving.
Speaker 1: For a no no no no, but think about you have to think from from ABC all the way too bad like that, you know, and that's when he was like fully grown but you I mean, he gave you thriller which had like every single one was the number one, you know. So I'm not saying obviously Beyonce is amazing, But what I am saying is that like, yes, that like and similar to Beyonce, because one day we'll be looking back and being like Wall, whoa Wall. Don't forget Danky's child, right, she was a child. She so we got to see her. You know, we haven't even seen her. I don't think at her peak. But okay, so so far the three songs that make me say yes, obviously we have to stand for Jolene. Okay, Joline. First of all, what I love about Joelne is that she said play with somebody else, because if you listen to the Dolly Parton version, nothing like Dolly Parton's version, very beautiful obviously, but in that version, like Dolly Parton is saying, please don't steal my man, and Beyonce said, girl, pick somebody off before. I think, coming from a space of like, you know, for your own good, you know, like don't waste your time. She said, don't don't come from my man because we're not we're not pleading, we're not asking. It's happening like do you want to I'm still a creole from Louisiana. Okay, So she said, yeah, you don't want you don't want none of this, so that I loved the intonation. But plus, Joline is just like iconic, like Dollie obviously iconic. And then also to Miley. Miley Cyrus did a version which was also really beautiful. But Miley Cyrus's version was very like the.
Speaker 3: Same lyricism to the original.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, but but no, Beyonce said, oh no, we're actually not asking. You could just see her bat in hand, like, yeah, did you hear what I said? Jolie, come here if you want.
Speaker 3: Julie, Julie. I love the beginning where it's like like the echoes Jolie, and not only that, but the sequel to Joline Daughter right after that, like I don't know if you listen to that enough. But I did not run to Joline because I figured it would just be a remake. And then I heard Blackbird, which is beautiful, but I was like ready for the original music. So but then when I went to I'm like, oh, it is an original Joline.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the Daughter after that the sequel where like she goes and Jolene tries it and then we find out what happens to her and daughter and okay, but keep going.
Speaker 1: So you love Joline, no, no, And so my favorite, hands down is Blackbird. Okay singing then the Dead, I'm not, Well, here's the thing. I love that song prior, but I take these Broken Wings and learned the fly. First of all, it's really mournful and beautiful, but then I learned the history. I just always liked that song.
Speaker 3: I never knew this either.
Speaker 1: Yes, like so for those who don't know the history. So it was written by palmerccartney of the Beatles, and he wrote it wrote it during the sixties when all the racial unheaval was at It's like, I mean, we've had our peaks since then, but it was really like at a at a fever pitch you know, he was watching you know, people being hosed down, people being attacked by dogs. You know, like when everything was publicized, not publicized on everything was on TV, you got to really see what it looked like to be black fighting for your right, you know, rights in America. And so as a musician, like so many musicians, he wanted to express how he was feeling, but also to do something in solidarity with and so he said, I'm going to write this song and he called it black Bird. Black obviously in in tribute to black people, but bird was a it was like just like a slang for what they call girls in Europe and England or whatever, and so not not a the derogatory slang, but just like you know, that's like you know how like because when we say bird now it means like I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you're like, yeah, it's because it doesn't in her song, which seemed like yes.
Speaker 1: But you know, but is using it the way we use it like modern you know, because if you're a bird now that means basically the word bird now comes from the chickenhead, like your chickenhead, like you're but back then bird was just like a girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so Blackbird because he wouldn't have used the word bird. It was disrespectful.
Speaker 3: It wasn't and it was supposed to beel like a quiet protest or like a solidarity, which is so beautiful. So singing it but not really knowing it was a yes, and.
Speaker 1: So I just love that. Like so like the first couple of lines, blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise. Blackbirds singing in the dead of night, Take these sunken nies and learn to see all your life. You were only waiting for this moment to be free, or this moment to be And so it's just so beautiful. It's just like and so Beyonce stayed very close to like, you know, the underlying like melody. And what I love is that she had four other black country singers on this record with her and they just it's just it's beautiful, it's haunting, it's beautiful. It's hands down, I probably listened to That's already fifty times already. It's my favorites thus far on the album, just because when I listened to it, actually like it tears me up knowing that like the origin and who she's really singing it for, so it's more than just the song, it's like the meaning behind us. So that is hands down right now my favorite, just because of the meaning behind it, and it also it's just beautifully.
Speaker 3: Sund And you know, that's another one where I was like, I listened to the first verse and I'm like, oh, that's pretty, pretty, pretty skip because I didn't hear the other women because they have their own verses. Just I was like, so eager to get to the new stuff anyway, but yes, going back, it is an exquisite song, and to hear those other voices, what a beautiful way. She's just like always chef's kiss, like let me actually get some black. It's like her nod to the up and comers who are who are who were here doing the thing before Beyonce, you know, because she could overshadow by just she is the sun, right so she could outshine a lot, but she doesn't choose to. She's like, let me take my son and shine on y'all, which I think is such an element of her power and why she's so amazing.
Speaker 1: But also to like the fact that she chose that song, like especially in the time.
Speaker 3: Like now yeah she got it's.
Speaker 1: Still yeah, it's still a protest song, like no, you know, just yes exactly. So so what about you? So what is another what's one that made you say, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Okay, So American Requiem the first track, girl, this, I just this is not what you guys. You didn't come to be a fam You didn't come to brand ambition for a Beyonce like to go through every single track you can listen to.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna do every single track, but we gotta give.
Speaker 3: Say I have I could have a master's degree in her music, and like American Requiem is like me too exquisite. So layered the lyrics, the name of the song requiem, you know, something that you would perform and sing at a burial, a ceremonial sort of song, and the fact that it's a can requiem and some of the lyrics like the big ideas are buried here, and just the haunting like quality of her voice and the way that she uses her instrument in so many different ways is just so exquisite. And to have that be the entry way she's saying so much she's sang so much with that song. It's like it's it's laying the foundation for the rest of the record, like can you hear me? Will you stand with me? It's time to face the wind, It's time to stop playing pretend like it's time to like embrace the good. And also for those who like she actually answers people who did not want her to go into country, who said when she went on the Cmas with the Chicks back when she had Daddy lessens out, said like, what are you doing here? What are you doing? And why are you here? Like this, You're not you're a pop artist, your R and B. You're not You're urban, you're not country. And she's like, well, let me remind you who I am, Like let me educate y'all. And where I come from. I love that, like Louisiana, Alabama, like the creole. Yes, why didn't you say the daughter of a moonshiner, granddaughter of a moonshe They.
Speaker 1: Said that girl the way.
Speaker 3: She want way back in the history of books.
Speaker 1: That part when she opens with that part and the lines after that, it's like that of a moonshiner. She talks about Georgia, but she said something else. They I have to look it up because I was hollowing when I tell you I was. I took like a two hour walk just so I can listen. Yeah, I mean, I know we were in the street like I'm gonna need you to I was like girl by somebody else, but I live in a black neighborhood.
Speaker 3: So they weren't. Yes anyway, Oh so good. And then the end of the album Amen, like it's just she and it sounds just it really gave me and I read later, I read the press release from Parkwood, which I don't think they've really given a press release about an album where Beyonce is being interviewed and actually shares the making of the album, like some of the back behind the scenes. But she was inspired by all these old Western films and the way the album is like it starts and ends with that same sound. It very much was giving. Like if you watch any old films from the fifties, like even Bambi, like my son Loves Bambi, they start with this big, like like very like orchestral sort of opening and it's sort of mirrors at the end, and it just the whole thing was like very seepy, a toned and like just stunning. So I love that song. I love there's too many. I love Levi's jeans. I love them. Yeah, yeah alone it's so sixties.
Speaker 1: You know. I've heard of him, you know, but I never really got to his music.
Speaker 3: Said he's saying, what did he sing at the super Bowl? Was it America the beautiful? Or was it the whole beautiful? Was it the band or I don't know. He's saying something he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Levi's I say, let me other postings to post support.
Speaker 3: But like, uh, river Dance, which I love that Beyonce is still she's so exquisite, so but she can she does ratchet like no one else, and she does sexy like I mean, I feel like river Dance and even Levi's a little bit. Those were like the drunken loves it really and I even felt like some of these the sounds that she used, a way that she sang was very like reminiscent of her Lemonade era and just giving us like so many different genres. I mean, I feel like there was rock, of course, there was country, but there was still soul, there were still RB and B, there was still she gave us Opera and daughter yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Opera Girls was going up. Apparently the aria that she sung in that song is from a book of like arias that if you are going to learn opera, your opera singer, your opera teacher is going to give you this like top twenty five book of books of aria, and that is the aria that almost everyone starts with. And I forget the meaning behind that aria, but like the Opera Girls were gagging, honey, they were all over the ticks and the talks and the id giving us all the tea. Just so you know this is intentional. It was yeah, Beyonce, I just girl, okay.
Speaker 3: And then Protector of course Lulla by such a sweet song. Yeah yeah. Uh. You know. It's funny with these albums, with Renaissance and now with Cowboy Carter. I listened to them all the way through. They're so beautiful listening together, and I don't know the names of the songs while I'm listening to them, so sometimes I'm like, what is this one called? And I'm like, oh, I like, you know, but I think I've listened to them enough to recognize. But Riverdance yeah yeah, oh my not Bodyguard six and then Ria not Enrique Rio singing sixteen carriages because I've been walking around house sixteen He's like sixteen cabbages. I love that. Oh they say Texas, Yes, all of it. So just if everyone, if you, if you're if you've been, you know, vibing with the Cowboy Carter album, I'm right there with you. It is so fun.
Speaker 1: You know, I found interesting? Did you did you see that? Beyonce said this was actually supposed to come out before Renaissance. Yeah, yeah, that was part of that crusturely he said, after riot, but after the pandemic, she was like, people deserve to dance and something lighthearted, and she knew, just imagine knowing you're so powerful that you're like, let me change the mood of the nation with my.
Speaker 3: Ay, right, and did and did and did.
Speaker 1: And so we all got to party and had a good time.
Speaker 3: I did need it to be outside last summer at that huge show. Yes, you know, yes, exquisite.
Speaker 1: So let's bring it on back to the financial part, right, So how did I want to see the uptick of LEVI sales? Because we're going to see it cowboy esque things like I know, cowboy hats, like when this when this concert comes out, I mean, I just cannot wait to see.
Speaker 3: Expect a tour like she's so she just doesn't do Like the way that she did a traditional album release is so different to what she had been doing, just dropping a whole album and the visual We never got visuals for you know, Renaissance. We got the tour, Like, I don't know what to expect. There's still gonna be an Act three and like what, I don't know. I'm just so excited.
Speaker 1: I think, what do you think? You think three is gonna be rock?
Speaker 3: I would love that because remember one of my favorite songs from Lemonade was Oh when she was wearing the corn rows, what's it called with the black? The black not the black stripes, the white stripes? Guy?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Where she was like real angry, Who the fuck do you think?
Speaker 1: I is this boy.
Speaker 3: To the next boy? Anyway? You just got a little bit anyway that song, I don't know the name of it, I forget now, but that was so good. And the way she does that, she gives lots of rock. She gave like I heard like Stevie Wonder. I'm sitting here like and I'm trying to like this sounds a little bit familiar. He Stevie wonder I heard Fleetwood Mac. I was hearing, Yeah, I was hearing even a little bit of like the Eagles. My mom loved the Eagles growing up, a little bit of that, like kind of Western rock style. I would be so here for a rock album, you know. Yeah, she's too good. I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I just she's peerless. Want to collect. Let's be wrong. Beyonce is peerless. She is one of points zero zero zero zero zero one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And she is a student of music and of her art and her craft.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And it is a joy to watch her create and share. Yeah and so and she literally, if we're going to bring it back to the brown ambition of it all, she shifts economies with the choices that she makes. Like, honestly, I remember that dinner. I don't know if you remember that time. Not that time that Oprah was being sued by the beef industry.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because what she brought.
Speaker 1: Up because she she said no, she said something like, oh, I don't eat meat anymore, whatever, and then meat meat stocks plummeting or something, or meet sales plummeted, and they sued her because they said that her voice is so powerful. If she says the thing, it's going to affect the market. I mean, she ended up not being found not guilty because it's like, well, I mean I say lots of stuff. You know, it wasn't like she said don't buy that stock and so that was just but.
Speaker 4: It just goes to show that, you know, there are some people who the power is so strong that they literally can shift in economic cycle.
Speaker 1: They can literally sell out. It's not just about selling out concert tours in this point, you know. Yeah, I mean I'm telling Swift. We've seen this with her too, right that like certain things, it's like, Yo, Beyonce puts it out and we're buying cowboy hats and boots and Levi's. If you're going on tour sists, we're going to be red, going to be hockey stop it.
Speaker 3: And you want to and you'd want to take your time with it, you know. And having now in my third week of owning the Sacred Line, her hair care line, and being so like, if she sells it, I'm sorry, I want to buy it, like I because the care and even while I was doing the it makes me slow down. The Sacred Hair care Line because it's very like things take twenty minutes and I understand, And a lot of it is called the ritual, the sacred this, and I'm like, this is like a sacred ritual taking care of my hair, which I haven't felt in a while. Like she makes me feel better and to and the music and the experiences as well. It makes us like slow put thought into something the way that she puts thought into every single thing that she does publicly, which might be like a little I don't know, that's just that's how I feel like. You want to, like, you don't want to show up to be in her presence, even if she'll never see you not being at your because she gives you that right, she gives you that perfection. You want to like match that exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, be a fan. We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: I want to know when the hell is the Renaissance documentary gonna be streaming? Because I never got to see it in theaters because too much was life was lifing, too much, and I'm so desperate to see it. Did you ever see it in theaters?
Speaker 1: No? Because I don't say it was a really crazy time during that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yep, we'll be reading this bed time story tonight to be a little Golden book of the Beyonce Book. Yeah, how are you texting? Is its? No?
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you know, when you're when you're renovating, Like I told the pain there painted this. I'm like, that's not the collar.
Speaker 3: It's like, did you give him his hoodie back? Hate? Yes?
Speaker 1: So yeah, Antonio, we have this amazing painter. He's great. But well, one I one day, I was like, we both wore a black hoodie one day and I wore his all the way home, like what is this? And it was not my hoodie because Antonio's is not very man on the shorter side.
Speaker 3: But also it's so good.
Speaker 1: It just goes to show you that through your passion and your excellence and your joy that it also there is an economic whether it's you being a really great teacher, you know, there's an economic impact for bringing your full self. So let's just say, like, let's just say in the case of a teacher, if I'm this really awesome teacher, you know, and I do such a good job that I spark interest in my kids like that I teach, they can go on to do things that will then make this world better, whether they're a doctor or whatever. You know what I mean that, Like I think that you know, all things intermingle, you know what I mean? And certainly, like maybe Beyonce, you know, hundreds of millions of dollars, but who's to say that your impact as a teacher is also not hundreds of millions of dollars because of the hundreds of students that you've taught in your lifetime, if not thousands, and just a handful of them shaping the way the world comes comes to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's just like but like or like you might be a salesperson, you know, like at like a foot locker, and you're thinking, well, what how do I shape you know, what happens economically? Well, that's not true because if you're really passionate knowledge that knowledgeable about like say a certain pair of sneakers, you can literally start a trend in that store, and then that trend takes off and all of a sudden, we're all wearing like sambas. But it really started in this one store in Detroit because there's one really passionate, you know person you know working at foot lockers. So I just like it just is fascinating to me, like what joy and excellence and focus can bring not just in your life personally, but there's an economic ripple, like you know, like no matter where you are, you can ripple.
Speaker 3: You know, I would like just even half of one ripple, Like okay, yes, well they have right now. I feel like a startup owner, a startup founder who's like, please invest in my business. I need thirty million dollars. I have one billion dollars in debt. We are stars are never profitable for like twenty years or something. That's what it's like.
Speaker 1: Big, Like you know, you don't know what your baby's gonna cost and your.
Speaker 3: Baby's baby baby big.
Speaker 1: That big no no, but I love that though, just like yeah, we just don't know because look, I think think about like how many women that you've helped right negotiate and make more money?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Like if you think about absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, like your dad and mom being you know who they are, for you created a Mandy that comes out into the world and says, I'm gonna help Mandy's money makers. And we don't know some of the women that you've helped whose children they're raising. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like the kids, Like, you know, I didn't have enough money, but now my kid I have enough for them to take violin lessons, only to find out twenty years later they're like this violin prodigy that and you might not ever know that, but you played a role because you helped her. And so isn't that such a beautiful thing that like when you go out and you do the thing, you know that you're here to do. You know, you might not know, but we're all planning c and so just like you know, you can't you can't know they outcome, but certainly you can know like I'm going to do my best to put the best thing out there. So yeah, we get to do amazing work like we might.
Speaker 3: That's a really good grounding thought, just to like if you're wondering, if you're feeling like overwhelmed, the thing is you have to do just like do the thing and you can't control like what ripples you know come from it, but yes, just have faith in doing that thing and putting good out into the world. Yeah, like Lady b Oh, I love her.
Speaker 1: Should we take a break or do have some more things? I know we had other things to chat expect.
Speaker 3: Mostly on we didn't want to talk about beyond sady war. Okay, fine, oh okay, So brown boost or not brown Boost? Sorry, buzzworthy, buzzword. This is a part of the show, or we try to come up with some you know, useful information from the headlines. Let's see, California fast food workers are now make you twenty dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: But they're getting also let go.
Speaker 3: Did you see. I'm not surprised. Yeah, fast food workers in California at chains with more than sixty national locations now earned twenty dollars an hour. Yeah, but they're getting let go. Like, so, how are they getting around it? Because they still need workers for their stores, right. Some affected chains have.
Speaker 1: Responded, No, I think I saw somewhere that they're automated. They're leaning into AI and automation. I've gone to somewhere ye where it's like you literally order your thing there and there's maybe one perserver in the back that makes the food and fringshakeshack.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Some affected chains have responded to the wage hike by slashing their workforces and hiking their medu prices. Pizza chains like Papa John's Pizza Hut, laid off drivers, McDonald's, wigs Op, Chipotle are going to pass on the higher labor costs to their customers by making their menu items more expensive. Listen, inflation is still inflation. This is literally inflation at work. You know, wages go up, which is great, but then the cost of goods can also go up. So if you like these restaurants, better hope that you're also getting a raise to keep affording yikes. The other sort of side of inflation, the inflation conversation has been, now that the Fed is getting involved and they've been slowly decreasing rates, do they do their first rate decrease yet? I forget they're going to or they they would be Anyway, all sides are pourting toward twenty twenty four being the year when rates start to come down the federal FED rate, So mortgage prices are indirectly tied to that rate, right, and mortgage rates have been super high, like seven percent.
Speaker 1: Although they have gone down some, they've come which I think. I don't know about the Fed rate, but I know mortgage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they did lower it. So anyhow, I read this article that was talking about Okay, so if we can expect rates to go down in twenty twenty four. Should people who were interested in buying a home but have been holding back, like me, for example, because of how high rates are, like advising people to go ahead and get a house and then you can refinance when rates do fall, which I was like, oh, that makes sense, But then I'm thinking, well, we're kind of trying to predict the future of markets, which is one you make if you want to be right, then just if you want to be wrong, trying to predict what any market or rates are going to be doing. It's how I feel, And it's a really expensive like bet to make because a six percent interest rate, how long could it take to get back down to the two point four percent that it was? I don't think that's what I refined last time. Yeah, it's And not only that, but I bought my house at twenty eighteen. I refinanced at twenty twenty one, so that was a three years I was paying that higher like four percent rate.
Speaker 1: Like, which is a great rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was lucky the timing, but I mean, yeah, so I just I went from being like, oh, yeah, maybe I should just go ahead and buy to like, oh wait, maybe don't like, maybe just base something on your own ability and your desire to buy something. Their rationale was that when rates do start to go down, people will start flooding the market, and like home prices could go up as a result. But again, trying to time the housing market, it's so difficult to do. I got lucky once. I don't know if luck's going to happen twice for me in terms of my timing when buying a house. But if y'all are like me, stuck in a starter home and bursting at the seams, I really really feel your pain. How many bedrooms it's a very cute three bedroom, two and a half bath and well actually two yeah, two and to a half baths. It's a yeah, it literally is a starter home in a neighborhood full of them, and uh, yeah, we are. I've actually started to just pack things away, like just pack up things that we don't need anymore, but we don't want to get rid of because I was getting rid of so much stuff, and I'm like, this stuff is good, Like I don't want to just but I don't have the space for this. So yeah, I've I've been pretending like we're going to pack up and move. I just don't know when or where, and that's kind of helping. But yeah, the stuff, it's a constant battle against stuff in this house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of people who are in the starter home stuck right now, who who got great rates and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, ah, yeah, I don't want to go my rate.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, yeah, you know, like we want something bigger, but homes are only getting more and more expensive, and then rates are also. It's a really difficult time. It used to be like, oh, it's so great for buyers, but that means it's terrible for sellers, or it's so great for sellers and it's terrible for buyers. And what you just see now is like it's hard for very mindy right now everybody, you know. Sellers are like, I don't want to lose lose my rate, and the buyers are like, yeah, I can't afford it even if you do, like you know, unless you're gonna assume someone's a loan. Yeah, it's something a tricky financial.
Speaker 3: Time right now, very tricky. Well, you're listening to the right podcast if you want somehow it's going to be true. Oh yeah, I just will just you know, sometimes it's like it's harder to make financial choices when you don't have some kind of huge event that forces you to make a decision, Like you get a new job at a different state. Well that I got to do something, you know, Like just those situations are they may not happen when you want them to, but it's a little liberating when you don't really have a choice. You just got to like do something. But when you have all this time to think into all that, Like, I think my advice is just to try, Like, following the herd is rarely the right financial decision at all. And if you're buying the house or play the log gabe anyway, so just continue to play that log gabe and I would not follow. I would not follow this advice right now, even though I almost did for five seconds. I'll keep waiting. I'm so congested. Do I sound like curb it?
Speaker 1: Oh? You're all right?
Speaker 3: Okay, tis the season for allergies, y'all.
Speaker 1: I know I'm not gonna lie. My eyes are burning right now, if I'm being all the way honest, Like it's it's cherry blossom's season, which is beautiful, but then it's pillen season, which is not so beautiful, but we all want the bees to get their food or whatever. So just a little update, Chiall, I remember remember last was it last week, Mandy when I talked about the scam?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, it was last week. It was your broad break, I think.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I had talked about the scam that's happening. So the premise of the scam is people someone reaches out to you and says, hey, do you want to do this podcast? It's paid, it's going to happen on Facebook Live, and you have to give me some back end, like you have to link me back end, And like I said, this is not uncommon because I have done it before with larger brands, and that's exactly what it looks like. So apparently it's this scam that they get access to your back end and as a result of getting access to your back end, they basically kick you out and then now they have control of your of your platform.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just thought it wasn't. I knew it wasn't a one off because I had done a Google search and realized there was other people, but I didn't realize that there were people who I knew, like Chessca Lee on she's a big YouTuber back in the day and she's the actress now and writer and such. She shared how it happened to her and a bunch of her other friends. So they're going after people with large Facebook So they're going after not just people with large Facebook followings, people with large Facebook followings who also do speaking engagements and stuff, because they know that this is not odd the request, you know, so if you just had a large Facebook following, again, like that doesn't make sense you want to give you. Yeah, very and it's a long game because it's weeks in the making. They could and they don't email you directly all Jankie, They like reach out to your management, like they've reached out to her management team, and so you know they're knowing, like, oh yeahvet me, everything's great, child. It is so thankfully for her and like for me, you know, it just didn't work because the link wasn't working. But for her, she was able to reach out to Facebook and she knew somebody there, Her management knew somebody there and were able to get her her account back.
Speaker 3: Oh that's lucky to get a hold of anybody at Meta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is. You know, and so I just wanted to just like be on the look if you've got a large anything suspicious. In general, this is what I've learned. I remember, like, this is not my first roadio at the scam. Y'all know, I've been scammed many of times, but I remember there was one scam in particular when I was in college where I was going on Craigslist looking for babysitting jobs and tutoring jobs. You know, it was semi safe back then. I don't even know child, but either way, I found a couple of them and they were fine, and then one I got one strange one where it was like, hey, he said his name was Bob or some you know, nondescript name, and I want you to tutor my daughter. And I said sure. He said, I'm going to send you the money up front. I was like, all, I say less. He said, but I'm going to send you more than you need because something about his bank account whatever, and can I send him back the rest? And I was like huh. He said yes, Like, let's just say that I was going to tutor and it was five hundred dollars. He was going to send me a thousand, like a money order or a check for a thousand dollars. I was to deposit it and then send him back the rest. And I was like, that isn't Why would I like, why not just send me the five hundred And he was like no, I forget why he said, so anyway, I just said huh. So we went to the I went to the bank to ask them like, is this real because and at the time it was still so new the scam. The bank actually took the check and looked through it and they were like, yeah, this is a real check, you know. And I still was like, I was like, huh okay. They're like, still if you got it from some of you don't know, be mindful, like you know, if you deposit it and you spend the money, it's on you. So I still didn't sit well with me. So I had told Bob to call me. He said he was from Thailand. That's why he had to send me the money in this way for whatever reason. And he told Bob. So Bob told me. I said, you know, Bob, fine, you know, I'll do this, but I want to talk to you on the phone. He said, okay, no, say less. And this is how I caught Bob.
Speaker 3: Time you really like. I was like, shot, yeah, because you know what it.
Speaker 1: Is at the time when you're broke, You're like, child, let this be real. I could use the phone, so Bob said, let's get on a call. So immediately the phone rings, you know, and I didn't even look at the phone. I picked up said hello, and I heard hello. Can I speak to Tiffany? And instantly I was like, which one of my uncles is? Because I didn't because I I can spind a mile away, how would I look at the phone? I was like, hello, uncle? Which uncle said? He said, no, no, this is not well. This is all I said. From Thailand? He said yes. I said, yeah, Nigerian, I can tell you an accent. I said, I myself Nigerian as well. You was like, oh no, I said, you should be ashamed of yourself. Shamed of yourself. I pulled out the full accent. Oh, and that's when I was like, oh, my countryman, what are we doing out here? It wasn't bottom Thailand. That was cheenaidoo from ladies okay, from Abuja.
Speaker 3: Nagians are like, first of all, I feel like behind so many successful like when you just black excellence in Nigeria just go hand in hand, like y'all.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know what I was about to say, huh, why are they behind sobody scams?
Speaker 3: But also you have these high heights, you know, like so many incredible business people and successful people, like I associate Nigerian's with like success and you're all like very impressive.
Speaker 1: But on the other hand, well, here's what, like my dad told me. I asked him that, I said, and it's not a regular scams. It's like these elaborate whatever scams, you know, because how do he even get the check or the money order to be real? Only to like because what happens is the bank finally figured out that it was all alive. And what would happen is you would put the money order in the account and then it would at first clear and then you would get the money back and then it wouldn't clear, so then you'd be on the hook for the money you gave back plus the money that you spent. So I don't even know how they figure that out. So when I asked my dad, I asked that question. I said, Daddy, why you know Nigerians, you know, if they did the study and that they're at least in America, the most educated population in America. So about doctors, masters, etc. I said, why is it that so many Nigerians, well, so many scams are attributed to Nigerian's Like what is that? He said, Well, in Nigeria, just like in America, education is first, second, and third. So you have and I've seen that, Like I have little cousins who farmed, but I have their doctorate, you know. He said, So you get all these highly, highly highly educated people with no access to upper mobility. So here I am a doctor and I'm farming, you know. And so what do you do with all this intelligence? What do people do when they're really poor? Not everyone, but oftentimes when people are really poor and there's no access to any upper mobility, then you resort to a life of crime. Now, maybe if you're uneducated, you might knock somebody over the head and steal their purse. But if you're like Chiah, I got all these smarts. Let me get on this computer and get to scam. So that's what you get. You have basically a Nigeria. Unfortunately the government has not done a very good job looking after its people. So you have really smart, educated motivated people with no access to be able to support themselves in their family. And I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying this is why the scams a right like this kind of level. Okay, it is because they're like, I'm going to put my smarts toward yes to this intricate So because my dad told me one time, like you might apply there might be a job where there's fifty fifty positions open. Nigeria is also most the most populated country in Nigeria, and so let's just say it's in America, there's fifty positions open at a job and five hundred, maybe even five thousand apply. In Nigeria, you're looking at fifty thousand applicants for a fifty person slot. There's just nothing or you'll get you'll be a teacher or policeman. You won't have gotten paid for three or four months.
Speaker 3: So what do you do?
Speaker 1: Do you quit? And then maybe this is you finally get your retroactive paid next month and now you don't get the money. So anyway, I'm just saying there's not I'm not making excuses, just explaining, according to my father, why some of the scams from Nigeria end up being like these high tech, high level scams. It's because you know, you get the population of people with no access to to money and food and things like this, and and then but you have all this education and you're like, child, I'm gonna get this one way to the other and I'm leaving here with some I'm from around the way.
Speaker 3: I think that it's very helpful to understand it that way too.
Speaker 1: But I just say, if you ever get a call from Bob and a Nigerian accent.
Speaker 3: From Thailand Nigerian, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: I said, Sah, you're not from Thailand.
Speaker 3: My friend reels is like, Nigerians don't insult to you. They like, what are theys? It's a Nigerian insult. Is that Like, I had a bad day, but it's like today my enemies are prospering against me.
Speaker 1: You're the enemy. You're the enemy of promise. Like someone said, like their dad used to tell them, Hey, you're lucky I didn't beat you today. Today it's Christmas. Next time it will be your holiday. So poetic, but oh yeah, very poetic. Or they'll say something like hey, you know every day you are you are running from stupidity today. It has caught you. Yo. It was so poetic. You like, did I just get insulted? As like, yes, insulted. Yeah, it's just very very very poetic people.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love love love And it's time.
Speaker 1: No, let's be a Q and wait I wait but no, but it's a before that what wait? And now it's time to boost up breaking go boostop break up, boostop? Breaking? Are you gonna boost? Is you gonna break? What you're gonna do? What you're gonna say? You're gonna go first? Second? How you want to do this?
Speaker 3: You go first? I was gonna are you gonna boost a break? What's your vibe? No? No, are you gonna do a boost? You don't know yet? Yes, you don't know. You want me to go first? You can figure it out, gotcha. So my friend Amelia, friend of the show, Amelia has been doubt holding us down as part of the original BA faners. She sent me a message because Amelia is a marathon runner and also a sports writer, like a health and fitness writer, and she's working on a book Amelia. But she sent me a message because I don't know if you remember, but last year the Boston Marathon is coming up this April. Right, last year, the best Boston Marathon is like the marathon if you like to run, it's really hard to qualify for Only the best of the best get through, et cetera. Last year, I mean, you know, we know Boston's history, it's not exactly like there's a lot of issues right in terms of like inequities and the way that minorities are treated. Last year at the Boston Marathon, there were there was an incident where this crowd of spectators, you know, people lined the course and they cheer on their runners or whatever. There was a group of black and brown spectators who were really cheering on some runners very loudly, like excitedly cheering them on. And the police I don't know if they arrested them, but they definitely like stopped them. The police pulled them aside and made it stop. They were like they just got all over them. And it's one of those things that policing a black joy is so like pervasive, Like you have a cookout and it's a black cookout, all of a sudden you get noise complaints. Like I don't know if you recall a Fantasia Burno. She came out with a story about how she had done a birthday party for her little boy and his friends at like a beautiful Airbnb kind of thing and they had all these noise complaints just because the boys were outside playing and being boys.
Speaker 1: Ag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Boston Marathon, uh, And my friend texted or sent me this message because they the Boston Marathon, they apologized to the police just this year. They issued they made an agreement because the police were so livid, like whatever the police used in the police institution, they were so livid, and I guess they hold so much like power, like without their participation, Yeah, right, Boston, Without their participation, it would make it really hard for the marathon to keep going. So they issued an apology to the police. And my friend Amelia says, yeah, the Boston at Boston Athletic Association has apologized, apologized to the police rather than the affected community the whole thing. And Amelia has been working toward Boston forever and that was her first year running it. It was such a long time goal for me to qualify, especially because I know that there's a lack of representation. Amelia is a Peruvian And then she sent me I'll send a couple of links to and put them in the group chat about the Boston Marathon. But to then, it was a run club. My run club was profiled for cheering while while black. So to that run club in Boston, you know, I hope that they haven't stopped, but they're called the Pioneers Run Crew. But yeah, it's so.
Speaker 1: Sad because I'm not gonna lie. Even when I'm like in a restaurant, like I'll be like, you know, because I've got quite the voice that carries and I'll be like huh, and then some of my friends are like tiviny Tiffany. But then it'll be like a table of like you know, white girls, like yes, said, I was at a type place and they were so loud, but honestly, joyously it was like a f and I thought to myself, well, why can't I exprest, like you know what I mean, Like why it I'm like everyone here is laughing, yeah, but the black girl laughs and it's an issue. It's like, oh, the table, not the table that's cussing if us and next to me having an issue. Honestly, it's really really frustrating. And then you end up policing yourself, like, well, let me not be too joyful or joyous, because I don't want anyone to say even though they're freaking loud over there talking about what she did last night, you know so much so I can hear him, yeah, you know. And so like that happens a lot, especially like being out in public spaces, you know, where your joy is supposed to be expressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just being able and knowing that you can be celebrating the wrong way apparently, can you imagine. And then for the police to be apologized to I just feel like it was a huge letdown for that running club. And so thanks to Amelia for bringing that to our attention. And yeah, America, America, I know, what is it? Like?
Speaker 1: The American dream is living in America? Those T shirts?
Speaker 3: Can we bring it back to the Beyonce album? I mean another half an hour?
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is I guess it's this is kind of like a boosty breaking. So I'm reading this book called ten Next is easier than to it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, you sent me that book.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very good. I recommend it to anybody. Is especially here's the thing. It's going to be hard to take action if you're not an entrepreneur, because some of the things require like you to have the flexibility of an entrepreneur. But it's still really good either way. But it's specifically written for business owners to like maximize the way they navigate their time, their energy, their talents or whatever. So one of the parts of the book, so this author due well Dan Sullivan, and I forget the other guy's name, they've written a couple books together, who who not how, But also they've written this book called Gap, the Gap and the Game, And so there's a part of the book. So I don't know if this is a book break, but I guess it's both because they talk about how you view things versus the gap and the game really affects how happy, how satisfied it you get burnt out and I realized how much I was living in the gap. And I'll explain to you what the gap in the game is and how that's one of the things they try to reframe for you in the book that's going to help you one not be overwhelmed, not be overworked, but also work more joyfully. And so when you live in the gap, that is when you compare where you are now to whatever your goal is, whatever your your you know, your ideal goal is like, ah, man, i want to be ten million dollars a year, I'm eight, where there's a gap of two million. Oh man, I want to be you know, I wanted my hair to be shoulder length, but it's only earlength. There's a gap, you know, like whatever that is. You're always comparing where you are to where you want to be, and a lot of entrepreneurs and just people in general navigating the gap because we believe that the gap is what drives us forward, like go go, go more, more and more. I could do it. I could do it. But what it does is that it leads you constantly dissatisfied with yourself because what happens is inevitably you do close that gap, your hair grows, you make that money, you know, you get that dress or whatever it is, and then what happens is that the goalpost moves and you're like, oh what before I remember me making one hundred thousand dollars in a year was like one of my biggest goals. I was like, I don't know what I got to do. I mean, and now if I make that only in a month, I'm talking about gross business. I'd be at a business, yeah, you know, And I'm like, oh, you know, what used to be like less than ten years ago, was like that if I could just do this, And now I'm like, I better do better than that. So anyway, that's the gap. And like I and oftentimes, if you're living in a gap in business, you're likely living in a gap at work, living in a gap with your partner, living the gap with your kids. Like how many when I taught preschool, how many parents came to me like, oh, my son does not speaking like I thought. You know, she's not walking, she's holding thispoon in this way. That's living in the gap. This is where they're supposed to be. They're here now. What they try to reframe is to practice living in the game. So instead, you're supposed to use the ideal as inspiration, not a measuring stick, because you will never live up to whatever that thing is. It's just supposed to inspire you to keep going. But if you live in the game, you only compare yourself to your past self. So like, wow, Tiffany, ten years ago, you want to make one hundred thousand dollars in a year. Now you make multiple hundreds of thousands in a month. Look how far you've come, Wow, Tiffany, or like wow, look at my kid. I know that there is speech delay and we're getting him to the place. But literally, just six months ago, baby boy wasn't saying anything, and now he's saying mama and data. That's huge, you know, like that's huge, or like wow, like you know a minute ago, like I didn't even have a business, you know, like I worked in corporate. Now I took this idea from my head and it's like it's like here and like living and breathing, you know, like this business is out into the world, and so living from the game keeps you motivated, keeps you joyful, keeps you grateful. And so it was just something that I just wanted to share. So I don't know if it's a boost a break. It's kind of like boos half and half because part of me realize how much I was living in the gap, and like I want to stick it on my wall somewhere, Like Tiffany, what is the gain component? Because I'm always comparing myself to like where I think I ought to be, and it's and I tell myself, no, no, no, it's true when I make this twenty million, No, no, no, it's true. When I make thirty million, it's like, well, you've made all the other like leaps before, and you're still not satisfied. And so I'm really, really really going to really try my best to reframe me every time and be like, you know what, what's the gain here? Where were you five months ago, five years ago? Where were you?
Speaker 3: You know, like, and all that's two million? Bring more joy? And is that what you're after? Are you after the more joy or the dollar signs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to be as happy as I pop. I'm trying to create. Like when I think about my little starter home and I really tell myself, like, we have such a happy little family in this little house. We don't need a bigger home to be happier. We need a bigger home for like, it's not a bigger home is not going to fix like any like relationship issues we may have or certainly not like you know rio speech delay, which is basically gone now he's doing so good, uh, which is like come on anyway, Yeah, but how are you how how much joy can you feel in your little container? And then everything else? Yeah, it doesn't mean that you don't you stop striving at least for me, for more and all that for better. But at the end of the day, I know that I was just as happy here, and I'll be just as happy if I end up back here, you know. So that's a really beautiful message that I wouldn't have expected from a book with that title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, Because I thought the book was going to be about like go, go, go more and more, it's actually about less less less truthfully, yeah, I suggest it, Yeah, no, but meaning like less as in like that. The premise of the book is that like when you get really good at like your thing, and you really teach yourself how to focus, you actually end up doing less and gaining more. So so he gives this example of like driving a car. Remember when we first started driving, girl, I was like the mirror, the other mirror, My hands are here, the gas right, Because when you're when you are inexperience, you're using so much energy just to go from here to wherever you're going. But what happens with time and experience and mastery. Girl, Sometimes I get home, I'm like, how did I get home? Barely using any mental strength? Like I could literally be thinking of a whole business plan while I'm driving because I'm on autopilot with like the mental strength. And so that's what ten ex is easier than two x that It's like, if you can harness your mental strength and mastery and focus, you actually will use less of it, you know, in order to get from here to where you want to get to. So it's like, how do you do that? How do you go from an inexperienced driver to an experienced driver because it's easier driving when your experience and so that's what he talks about that, like you know, and I'm just like, you know, I'm just for me. I'm in search of how do I you know, I want to of course I want to be successful, but in a way that it does not drain me, Like in a way that doesn't require like, ugh, I'm so beat up. I don't want to do this anymore. And so like I don't want to do because I've hit some huge numbers, but it costs nearly everything, and I don't want to do that. Like as I kind of rebuild what I'm doing in business and things like that, I want to I want to build in ease and comfort and rest and recovery, and I want to be intentional about it and so yeah, so, like I said, the book is ten X is greater than two X, and I think I might like like read the gap in the game after this is all said and done, just to like really cement that Reframe is its own book. Yes, that's its own book. Although they talk about a lot in this book because it's the same two authors, so they wrote this book together. And I would suggest that do the audio book because in between chapters they have a mini podcast almost, so they'll like finish the chapter and then the two authors will kind of like shoot the breeze about what the chapter is about. How so you're not going to get that in the book. So if you get the physical book, I definitely recommend the audio just for that. Those nuggets and the like fifteen twenty minutes in between are really amazing in the audio. We you know, Amandy, we need to have a brown Ambition Amazon store, do we, Yeah, meaning like so that way we could put like books that we're reading. So the girls can just probably like.
Speaker 3: You know, like if you make a suggestions and stuff like everyone else on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Now I meant like like an Amazon store, meaning like the things that like right now, like you have your favorite water bottle, but also too, like these are the books that we've.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would love it. I love a bookstore. You could do nonfiction books and then I'd be like, I'm reading The Viscount Who Loved Me, one of the Bridgerton books, listening to it.
Speaker 1: I have a little myself as well. Listen.
Speaker 3: But since you mentioned books, there is a book that I'm really excited to listen to by Attica Locke called Bluebird Bluebird, which is a novel and she's a black author, and her sister wrote from Scratch, which became this incredible Netflix series. Anyway, I loved I just I'm excited about this book, and I'm yeah, once I'm done with Cowboy Carter, I will be listening to some books again. I listened to hemrin Or North's Grocery Store, which is like the book everyone's talking you know. I didn't like it that much. I hate that.
Speaker 1: Well, before we jump off, you want to read a couple of reviews because we want you guys to leave us reviews. Yes, if you go on Apple Podcast, Spotify will read your review, will even shout you out. I'm saying by we, I mean Mandy, because.
Speaker 3: We got three new pipe and hot reviews. Let's see, did I not read these? What's what's some? I texted you some? I think these came after the show aired last time. Okay, Dynamic Duo, says a German boxer. I love the energy and how financial topics are discussed in super simple ways. You go, girls, I feel at home Rita. This listener called Rita rita Chick says, I feel at home with this podcast. I learned loads of information in an authentic and fun way. I just found this this podcast and I will be reviewing all the past episodes. Many thanks to you, ladies. Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Two awesome reviews. If we would like us to shout you on and you read your review, you have to leave us one and you have to share this podcast? Why are you keeping us to yourself? Oh Mandy, someone gave me a hug to give to you. You know what we're gonna be cause I know like we've been like and then and then no. So I told you. It was Amelia's seventh birthday, her best friend Elena. Her mother's name is Dina and Dina was like, I'm not trying a fangirl, but I love your podcast. I was like, oh, so shout to you, Dina. If you're listening, please tell me. I tell you. I think I said, any right, And so she's a big podcast listener.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she was like she was so cute. Her daughter is so cute, Like you know, that's like the only question apparently Amelia listens to. I'm like, Dina, can you ask a million why she's embarrassed when we come visit her at school? And Alina was like, I asked her. I don't know why we're gonna ask again. I said yes, because apparently she don't talk to nobody but you. So we're gonna get to the bottom barre a million don't like us to shout her out of school, although she does want us to come, so like, shout che Dna, thanks for coming to the crib. We had an old school birthday party in the living room or dining room, all decorated with hello, kitty.
Speaker 3: Stuff there and come back.
Speaker 1: Yes apparently, and so yeah, so that was cute. All right, y'all until Friday when we do our b a q A. We'll see you then