Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: And joining us now as someone who briefly worked for Trump but is now supporting Harris. Anthony Scaramucci of Skybridge Capital, who served as White House Communications director during the Trump administration, is with us alongside Bloomberg's Shanali Bossix. So, mister Scaramucie, thank you so much for being with us. You, of course are behind Harris. You don't have kind words often for Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 2: My question is how many people like you do you think are out there people who were used to be supportive of Republicans who were looking for another choice. Do you expect we could see a wave of donors like yourself moving toward Kamala Harris?
Speaker 3: Well, I certainly think you've seen that. Since the announcement in the switch away from President Biden, one hundreds of millions of dollars have been raised. And these are entrepreneurs, corporations, Silicon Valley billionaires, Wall streeters. There's a whole collection of people that understand the danger of Donald Trump. Obviously, Vice President Harris was talking about Project two zero two to five. I would suggest everybody to read it. Mister Trump is trying to distance himself from it, but all of his acolytes are there writing it right there. Inside Project through twenty five is the deportation of fifteen million immigrants. He says that from the stump, so he's obviously not distancing himself from that, and it represents something that I think is very un American and very dangerous. And just my last point, what Trump wants to do to NATO and how he wants to help dictators and betray our allies is enough not to support him and do everything that we can to help Vice President Harris win the presidency.
Speaker 4: I'm really curious about what your friends in the Republican Party are also saying about Project twenty twenty five and how divisive it is. What does this mean for the Trump ticket moving forward, particularly with JD. Vance as his running mate.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I think the President's having a hard time with JD. Vance. I don't think he liked the nomination speech. I don't think he likes the showing of JD. Vans. Obviously, President Trump is a little bit of a stage actor and a casting director, and JD. Vance is not well casted. He's frankly, very dull. Maybe the JD. Stands were just dull Vance, I'm not sure, and so I expect a very big strain between the two of them. Moreover, mister Trump's selection of JD. Vance is not really expanding his electability. I think that was a cocky selection born from short term rising poll numbers. So he's doubled down, downing on the nonsense. And I would just ask you to look at some of the political philosophy of Vance and the ideas behind a post constitutional America that he and his friends often mentioned. And so this is super, super dangerous for the United States.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean for the vice presidential pick that Harris could choose moving forward, because you and I talked to some of the same people, and in the Republican Party, in even among the deans, you have had people who are thinking about either voting or donating more towards the Democratic ticket. Now, so who does Kamala Harris need to choose to gain broader support?
Speaker 3: So I think she's going to choose Senator Kelly from Arizona. I think Mark is a great guy. He's got a lot of different things that can help Senator Harris. I believe not only does he help her in places like Arizona in Nevada, where he's from, but he also helps her in Virginia because of his status as a veteran, and he is somebody who is colorful and charismatic. He can help her raise money. He's an American patriot, and also because of the tragedy that happened to his wife related to gun violence. I think there's a very interesting narrative there that they can tell together. So I'm hoping that he picks her. If he doesn't pick I'm sorry, I'm hoping he picks him. If she doesn't pick him, there's other very capable people, but I like him the best.
Speaker 2: Well as we can cons what you like. We obviously know of your affection for a crypto Anthony, and there is a question of what kind of crypto policy a potential Harris administration would pursue. Earlier this week, I spoke with Democratic Congressman Wiley Nickel of North Carolina, a big crypto advocate in the House, and asked him about this. This is what he told me.
Speaker 1: I'm really hopeful that we're going to see a little bit of a reset from Vice President Harris. I'm working behind the scenes to encourage them to embrace digital innovation to keep those jobs here in the United States. So I'm hopeful that we'll see, you know, some good comments come out of this new campaiging. We're seeing Donald Trump going to Tennessee on Saturday to give a major speech on crypto. We can't let this be apart a part is an issue. It's got to stay in that bipartisan category.
Speaker 2: So, Anthony, my question to you is, given everything we're hearing from Donald Trump about wanting to be pro crypto, if he does get a second turn in the Oval office, why should someone believe that Kamala Harris would be a better president for a crypto than him.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say three three number one. She is from the Silicon Valley neighborhood. Her being from California, she understands the need for innovation. Younger Democrats support crypto. Older Democrats like Elizabeth Warren do not support it. She represents a new age of Democrats. You guys reported on this, so I'll talk about it. I was at an event two weeks ago with Mark Cuban, Mark Mike Novograts, with Anita Dunn and others. It was sponsored by Roe Kanna and it was an effort to explain to people in the Democratic Party how important it is to embrace propitious and fair crypto regulation. And I think they're going to make steps to do that. You know that she was thinking about going to the Bitcoin conference. I don't think that that materialized, but I think there are steps being made in the right direction. And I do agree with the Representative that we absolutely have to make crypto regulatory policy by persison, and I think we're going to get there.
Speaker 4: How much does she need to really core the crypto community in this election cycle. We've seen a lot of crypto money in politics this cycle around in in prior cycles, frankly, and also a lot of concern around what a regulatory environment would look like under another Democratic administration. Would she need a new SEC chief that's not Gary Ginstler to gain that support.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she's going to take steps. I mean, she's had a very busy calendar over the last five or six days. I think we have to give her some time to gel her policies. I think this will be a dramatic new generation reset for the Democrats. Democrats always do better soniality when they are bolder and doing things that are risk taking. It's Barack Obama against a war veteran like John McCain, where it's Bill Clinton against a World War two veteran like George Herbert Walker Bush. This represents a very stark contrast. She's now going up against the oldest presidential candidate in US history. She's a bright person, she's very capable. She's put a great team together, and I think she's a very small, practical person. So let's give her some time to lay out her policies. She may miss some cryptocurrency donations, but I think she's going to get the broader regulatory picture right for the cryptocurrency industry, and I like where we're going, Anthony.
Speaker 4: Before I let you go, of course, we have to ask you about Skybridge as well. Bitcoin was a huge boon for you. You guys have made a lot of money in the crypto industry, but there still have been a number of investors who have asked for their money back. What is your plan for this fun Do you plan to keep it operating or do you plan to return money to investors at a greater scale.
Speaker 3: So you know, and I appreciate your journalist Kathy Burton writing about me every six or so month. She makes me very relevant and every time she writes about me, we go up ten or twenty percent. So I hope she continues to write about me. But it's very plain and simple. People signed a perspective with Skybridge. We do let people out on a bi annual basis. Right now, that tender is at five percent. That's where it's scheduled. We work with our independent board to do that. Some people are saying that we need to increase the tender, but you have to remember something. The Wirehouses decided to sell Skybridge at the bottom or up one hundred and fifty or so percent. Since they did that, and it was very very important for us as fiduciary is to maintain the integrity of that portfolio. We have a lot of privates in that portfolio as an example, and we couldn't just have people rushing to the door with the liquid stuff and leaving the investors like myself and others with the private equity. It just wasn't fair. And if you look at the circumference of the perspectus, as I've told Kathy Birth and others, Burden and others, we operate inside the circumference of that people are getting out of Skybridge every six months. Every time they do it, unfortunately making a mistake because we've had the best twenty four months of performance in the nineteen year history of Skybridge, but we are letting people out. I think it's a miss snomer. And you know what I would appreciate from a miss Burton if he doesn't mind pick up the phone and call me, I'd be very happy to explain it to her as carefully as I'm explaining it to you. I do appreciate you giving me the opportunity to talk about it, but people signed up for that. Imagine you're in a private equity fund and you have a ten year hold on a private equity fund and someone says, well, I got to get out right now two years into the position. Well, I'm sorry, that was the deal. And remember your co entangled with other investors and so you have to respect each other in that process.
Speaker 2: All right, We appreciate your time. Anthony Scaramucci, Skybridge Capital founder and former Trump White House Communications director, joining me with Lumberg shan Ali Bosic this evening. Thank you so much,