Speaker 1: I know a lot of cops. I've heard a lot of their stories, and they get asked all the time, have you ever had to shoot your gun? Sometimes the answer is yes. But there's a company dedicated to a future where the answer will always be no. Get her a new space age weapon that stuns but does not kill.
Speaker 2: We have saved an estimated two hundred thousand or more lives.
Speaker 1: The initial response was that's not real.
Speaker 3: No, that's not real. And so the first thing they did we got there, no introductions, made, no nothing. Okay, everybody line up and they shocked us all and then at that point they had our attention.
Speaker 2: Oh down like a box of rocks, full neuro muscular incapacitation.
Speaker 3: If your local police officers are not get armed with tasers, chances are they will be soon.
Speaker 1: Across the country.
Speaker 3: Cops called this taser the revolution.
Speaker 1: Tasers saving lives.
Speaker 2: That's the business that we're in.
Speaker 1: We're protecting the truth and we're protecting lines.
Speaker 2: Every senior employee this company has been hit with a taser. Many of our wives, many of our children have been hit with tasers. So we believe this is the safest way to get a violent person under control. That's huge. We're very proud of what we do and it is like a religion to us.
Speaker 1: But not everyone was convinced it was that simple.
Speaker 2: Well, they talked out of both sides of their mouth, so it depended on which side of their mouth you were on.
Speaker 1: And for my friend, Officer Matt Masters and his wife Stacy, the consequences got personal. On the ground, Ah told you, hands on your back.
Speaker 2: There's a fire truck there and ambulance there, and of course we walk up to the scene.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know, the cops are like.
Speaker 3: Get back, you know, and You're like, do not touch me, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's my kid.
Speaker 3: I get right back there.
Speaker 2: And it's bad.
Speaker 1: It's really, really really bad. From Lava for Good and the team that brought you Bone Valley comes a story about what happened when a multi billion dollar company dedicated itself to one visionary mission making the bullet obsolete. This is absolute Season one Taser Incorporated.
Speaker 2: I want to start by addressing a couple of questions we've been receiving. The first one is our chest hits with the taser dangerous and the answer to that is definitively.
Speaker 1: No cops believed everything, everything that Taser told me.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about a bunch of electrical engineers here, We're talking about a bunch of cops. They said, We've now warned you, and if you do this, guess what it's on you.
Speaker 1: Listen to new episodes of Absolute Season one Taser Incorporated, starting May twenty first, on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Binge episodes one, two, and three on May twenty first, and episodes four, five, and six on June fourth, ad free at Lava for Good, plus on Apple Podcasts