Speaker 1: Zack Low wants the NBA Finals to return to the two three, two four mat No, what you think, Joe?
Speaker 2: What you think, Brandon? That's a tough one man, look, because if you going there and win on somebody at home court, just like Indiana did in Game one, and and you got three games at home, man, a lot of teams ain't coming back from that.
Speaker 1: Uh right, they did that because they used to fly commercial, so they want to make sure they would not.
Speaker 3: Everybody got your own private plane.
Speaker 1: So you get two games, yo, just stay there, you stay there in the city, blah blah blah, and then when you pack it up, you come on back.
Speaker 3: But now with everybody got their own flight the bread and Joe, now what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, why does he want that? That'll make no sense to me, because if you are if you want all these games, you put yourself on the line. You put yourself in a position where you want those first two games at home, yeah, and the other places home and then that.
Speaker 3: Dennis back and forth.
Speaker 4: I start feeling that because, as you said, what during the eighties, it was hard because we had to fly commercial. We had to go from LA to Boston plan the Lakers at that time, I remember Jack Nicholson being the first class whips and you know, we just kind of hanging out, had a good time. Them flights were difficult, man, they were Joe.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to give you no damn food, I mean stepping up that.
Speaker 4: And on top of that you have people damn smoking the cigarettes right beside you.
Speaker 3: So don't don't shany you don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 1: You want no no, But I've heard that you guys that regular people, well were regular people on your flight for us.
Speaker 4: Sy besides you asking you ask you yes, yeah, because we were going through the airport.
Speaker 3: We'll come to the airport with no security. Here was the security right here.
Speaker 4: He run up on somebody out there, but those security and none of all this other stuff. No being protected by the NBA. No, it was a different league then, and you had to protect yourself. You had to be more of an adult. He had to really focus on what you did because I'm telling you what the eighties, the women in the eighties, they were presidents.
Speaker 3: Man. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, christ be good.
Speaker 1: We had breaking news today. Kevin Durant has been traded to the Rockets. The Sons traded KD to the Rockets for Jalen Green Dylan Brooks, the number ten pick in the twenty twenty five draft, five second round picks. KD was thatt fanatics fest when someone captured the moment when KD and his agent Rich Climbing found out let's take a look at this video, guys.
Speaker 3: So I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised by this.
Speaker 1: There was only a handful of teams that had maybe some players, and to pick the compensation, the Suns messed this up.
Speaker 3: Look. I like Matt Ishmat. I met him several times.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy, but he gave up too much to get Kevin Durant and he was never going to reciprocate that because he's two years older than when you got it. So now you're not gonna be able what you gave up to get him, You're not gonna be able to get that back.
Speaker 3: That we know you want him gone.
Speaker 1: He knows you want him gone, and everybody else knows you want him gone.
Speaker 3: And so oh yo plus Miami.
Speaker 1: They turned down Miami's package because I told you they didn't have enough to get They didn't have anything him hadcares hobbit, hot smell what.
Speaker 5: Hey, I have a question though some some of you just said something. You just said, right, Yes, Kevin dur read one of prolific scores of all time.
Speaker 3: You said Isa did too much to get him, gave up too much to get it.
Speaker 5: Yes, but because the player he is, that's why he did what he had to do to actually get a player that magnitude. Now, the reason you got him was your hope. What you put an investment into him. You hope it turned out and came to fruition.
Speaker 3: It just didn't.
Speaker 5: And normally when you buy a car, where you buy a car off the car line, right, and as soon as you drive it off, what does it do but appreciate? Well, so you understand when you get a player of that magnitude as great as he is, a great as he is, and he's.
Speaker 3: Older now you're still not gonna get back what you bought for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think the thingy y'all is that when you look at what you look, you got KD and book. Did you really need Bradley Beal? Did you really need Bradley Bill Or do I need to secure my do I need to get them for my bench? So now I take trade more draft capital and give up more players. So now they don't have a first round picking until twenty thirty one. You don't realize that's twenty twenty five, right, Well, and that's why I.
Speaker 3: Think it's a good trade for Phoenix stuff.
Speaker 4: If you're talking about Phoenix is gonna be able to do some of these things and possibly get a pig and all this gaint Kevin Durant to me, goes there. I think instantly, to me, he makes them more quiable when I think about having a score with them, young them young bulls.
Speaker 3: He got playing with the locker there. Give I make that trade off that I love, I like him better and I like him better than Houston. That I did. And then then in Phoenix, I agree, you're you're not picking out.
Speaker 1: You got Goon, you got Shing Goon, you got Armin Thompson, you re signed Van Fleet.
Speaker 3: You you were able to keep Jabari Smith Jr.
Speaker 1: So now and plus the problem that Houston had, they had the second best record in the in the West, fifty two wins, but they didn't have a guy that you can give the ball to Layton the ball game and go get your bucket.
Speaker 3: You now have that. Yeah, how long. How long? How long? Do Joe? I know, I know you ain't so choke.
Speaker 4: Look it to be about thirty six, thirty seven, thirty seventh telling and you're gonna let And I love k D, but you're you're putting them in a position.
Speaker 3: Where you're going to have him carry your team late to go get buckets.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's gonna be I think he's naturally gonna do that laden games. I love the fact that he's with a bunch of young cats, like some Ryan and young Kats, who's gonna work hard, play hard, and he ain't.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to. I don't think he's gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting. Guys. They got some guys who can play over there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They got some guys gonna come into their own obviously, they gonna play through Shing Goon And like you said, I'm glad they kept Jabari Smith for another tall, long, long guy who can shoot the ball, who can post up, who can play multiple positions, and uh led by Van Fleet. I think they have a great team over there, and I think KD can put him over the hump. I don't think it's gonna be rigorous on him as far as you know, uh him trying to carry that team.
Speaker 3: I think collectively they're gonna do a great job.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Naturally, he's gonna be the cream of the crop when he comes to scoring the basketball because he does it so well and it comes so easy to him.
Speaker 1: I mean, and plus, you got three guys six chep Better, you got six eleven. You got six eleven KD you got six eleven. Shin Good, you got six ten. Jabari Parker, you got in Thompson at six to seven. You got vad Fleet that can run the I like this, I like I like, like I said, I like KD here more than I liked them in Phoenix because all you had was offense. They didn't have rebounding, they didn't have rent protecting, they didn't they didn't have great depth. Because think about what you gave up to get it. You gave up your best defender in Michael Bridges. You gave up a young Cam Johnson, you gave up what three first round draft picks. That's an awful lot to give them for a guy. And now and now you go trade for Bradley Bill, which weakens you even more. As far as draft, compensation and depth. For you, bitch, these teams that played in the NBA Finals, what do they have depth?
Speaker 3: Depth?
Speaker 2: Now, they might not be as good as the Big three for Phoenix, but Phoenix had once you got once you got booked and Katie out of the game. Now he look, my question is what is Phoenix gonna look like with Devin Booker, Jalen Green and Bradley Bill.
Speaker 3: I mean them three are pretty much of the same guy, you know what I mean. I said that when they got I said that when they.
Speaker 4: Got whiteout White Joe, one of the things could happen. And I've been hearing this that there might be a possibility of Boston making moves. What's gonna happen? Or you're gonna keep corzincas here. You have a big hole over there in Phoenix right now. Can you go out and get one of those guys or Boston and make and get that pick or want to get that pick up for maybe for zingis to put him in that position. You know, Joe, that once you get traded to a team doesn't necessarily mean you need to stop chap. You know, your bags don't need to be unpacked. You need to keep it back back because you might be moving on in the new NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rocket fans don't seem to be happy with the KD trade. One tweeted, it happened today was my last day as a Rocket fan. I wish the worst and the absolute worst on this franchise.
Speaker 1: Trading a twenty three year old superstar for a washed forty y old in genually the worst thing you could ever do. I hope Katie retires next season and that the franchise can ply crumbles.
Speaker 3: Damn KD.
Speaker 1: KD also spoke to Kay Adams today and said Phoenix wanted him gone. Let's take a listen to what Kadie had.
Speaker 3: To say last one for you.
Speaker 4: A lot of heartbroken Sons fans right now, what would you like to say that's not true?
Speaker 3: No, literally heartbroken Sons fan right over there.
Speaker 6: I just I just saw, like, yeah, that mean they wanted me to go. So it's like, I'm glad we both you know, they got what they wanted, what I wanted, so we can move on and good luck to them going forward. And I always remember my time there, but we're own something else.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: I don't see nothing wrong with what he said because it wasn't It wasn't him who came to them asking and looking for a trade. He found out they were trying to trade him. So as athletes, we know when you it's basically saying you don't want us, Okay, it's somebody out there who will take me. It's somebody out out there who do want me. And he was able to give him a few teams that he wanted to go play with. So give a Sun's credit for even trading him to Houston, Texas, to Texas because that was one of.
Speaker 3: The stops that he wanted to go.
Speaker 1: Well, he knew the Suns, excuse me, the Rockets, the Spurs, Uh no, yeah, the Rockets, the Spurs Brooklyn were really the only the handful of team that had the draft capital to go get it.
Speaker 3: So he had no choice. I mean he he couldn't go to Miami. Come Miami, don't have anything to halt per for him.
Speaker 1: Your two best players are untouchable Tyler, he wrote, and bam and you see the package himy hot care Junior Hobbitch hot Smith.
Speaker 3: It's like absolutely not absolutely.
Speaker 4: Dude, dude, what did what did we think that? Because they had to make that move, how they were offensively. Indeed, the only person of the book that you're going to be anything more on that team was kated. So in his case, they had to make that move. They had to go out and say, dude, you you can go on. And here's the thing that me and Joe love about this to whet They go, oh, I know to a damn state that they ain't got no damn state income.
Speaker 3: How about that? How about that?
Speaker 1: There was a back and forth Boogie Cousins a few days ago regarding the report the sons had multiple fist fights in the locker room. Kevin Durrad says, I have to contest this ninety four footer. This some bull drive to throw on us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we were trashed this year, ha haha. But we never got close to this.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 1: The Phoenix Sun reportedly had multiple fist fights in the locker room her Boogie cousins. The bookie says the source was one of your teammates killers. I ain't referencing you, referring to you, save that is for the other homies.
Speaker 5: Anytime the a a Joe Bread, anytime something like that get out, you know, it always it always comes from from one of the players.
Speaker 3: It comes from locker room always. That's the only that's the only time I hate my stuff. I hate stuff like that happened too. Man, you know, I hate when dude, I hope when dudes beat chatty patty.
Speaker 5: When something goes on the locker room, it's supposed to stay right there, supposed to stay right there.
Speaker 3: God God be pillow talking.
Speaker 5: And okay, if it's fight, man, everybody fight, who don't fight? It happens in training camp. Did y'all fight in training camp?
Speaker 3: Yep? You know, I mean it happens all what never happened in the locker room and stayed in the locker room. You know, if you didn't cap, if they ain't.
Speaker 4: Cat Oh, it doesn't No, it doesn't. H it doesn't stay know what I'm saying. I know you're but here's what happened. Does you're saying right now?
Speaker 3: It's pillow talk. You go tell your wife something, You go tell your girl. You don't know how those stories go.
Speaker 4: You tell her, she tells somebody else and linless all is going in the woods. So a lot of gums what we have in the NBA, our wives and girlfriends, and now it's moms who who have a lot of ship going on because they have they have amount of power. Now, Joe, it's not like back in the day. Back in the day, girlfriends were quiet. They said nothing about no damn basket. They talked about everything else, but not about basketball. And now they think they're blending.
Speaker 3: The damn game. I'm like, really, you don't play it. I didn't see you on the other side doing anything. I didn't.
Speaker 1: Reports say the Sons will look to reroute Jalen Green to another team.
Speaker 3: I can see that. That makes sense.
Speaker 5: I think, huh, hold on, I'm tripping. Now you trade KD for Jalen Green. Now you want to ship Jaen Green somewhere else? And then I see reports they also about a buyof with Brandy Bill.
Speaker 3: What the hell going on?
Speaker 1: Because, oh, Joe, brandy Z, Brandley Bill and Lebron are one of the two players, two players that have no trade. So you can't move Brandley Bill where he doesn't want to go. So the best and it's like, you know what, let's just go ahead and bite this bullet, get up off this and move in a different direction.
Speaker 3: So how would Bradley beal look down here, mammy, since he is a prolific scorer. He is a scorer. He don get eighty ninety percent of his money. He can look good wherever he choose to go.
Speaker 7: Come on, hey, let me let me to me, Let me let me take you man trying to get free in Miami. Hey, well listen, we can use a score like that. Now, look at what he did on the Wizards, and look what happened. There's too many people touching the guy there.
Speaker 2: It don't It don't take nothing to be a good score on a bad team. You're talking about you talking about No, I'm saying, it doesn't take anything.
Speaker 3: Bread you know this about team.
Speaker 1: It don't take much to be a top not scorer because who cares you getting yards beat out anyway?
Speaker 3: So don't know about that.
Speaker 4: That's that's the one where they'll say I said that one time to coach Patino. One time I was talking about Paul and I was talking about inch one and that's one that would beat the out over themselves.
Speaker 3: And I was I was one of the reporters.
Speaker 4: I said, so Paul and Antoine, you know they got their numbers tonight, coach, and he turned to me out. I was just embarrassed. I've ever been, he said, turning to me, he said, the numbers are to loosers. I don't give a shit what about them scoring no baskets all. So you're right in the NBA, on a bad team, you can look really good scoring the basketball because you're the only thing they have. But when you plug that into a good team, do you get wins because of that? And you can see what having with Bradley Field. He leaves Washington and goes to everybody said, oh that they're they're gonna be in them because in court. He goes now to Phoenix and he ain't shooting that way no more. He ain't getting them. He ain't getting what you say, Joe back and then he getting touched like that, ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Get down because you don't. You don't get to take all them bad shots. You don't get to come out and say, you know what, I'm gonna get me twenty five thirty shots tonight, no matter what.
Speaker 1: On a good team with other good players, it's not like that, especially when you have multiple good players on said teams. Now, maybe if he goes if it could be a situation like okay, see j Dubbs and shape gonna get the Lion's share of the shots. Like tonight, Shae was eight of twenty seven j double seven or twenty. Now they got forty seven of the eighty seven shots. Two guys took over half the shots. Okay, but now you put Bradley Beal, you put it with KD and Book, ain't enough bad shots.
Speaker 3: To go around. Yeah, they're gonna be looking at you crazy.
Speaker 1: You come down taking bad shots, some of the bad shots that you were able to take and get away with when you.
Speaker 3: Were with the Wizards. I agree.
Speaker 2: When you're playing with other great players, man, you have to try to find a way to be efficient. I take you'all, guys back to two thousand and five, two thousand and four, when I was playing with the Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Sun Nash was the MVP.
Speaker 4: You had a.
Speaker 3: Mars Stott, Myer was a Premier All Star shun Man.
Speaker 2: It was a Premier All Star, and as your fourth option, which was me, I wanted to be efficient.
Speaker 3: I shot.
Speaker 2: I shot forty eight percent from the three, and every time I took a shot, I wanted to I wanted to make it count because I know I was gonna get many of them.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? I wanted to I did. I knew Listen, I knew the ones that I did get bread. I had to be damn that your brother make it inefficient, hear me. So I did what I had to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I only got a chance to play on that with them guys or Nash for one year, and I thought we had a special, special team, but unfortunately we got some new ownership that came in and you know, thought otherwise.
Speaker 4: But Joe, that made it, That made it possible for you to go to another team though, and highlighted what you were able to do on that particular team with not a lot of shots. And I think that's why you were able to go someplace else. And all of a sudden, you know, you get the ice soaked Joe thing.
Speaker 2: But look, it goes back to what UNC said and I got when I got to Atlanta. My first couple of years, I'm averaging twenty twenty five, twenty six a game.
Speaker 3: But hell if cause we can the noose believe beat up out Hey, Hey Joe. And when you when you were in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Started out with the man, he was uh way before his time. Oh Joe, the boy was so wrong when he came he came in straight out of high school. Uh yeah, yeah, he came in. Man, I'm talking about just running through cats. He was going through you and wasn't going around you.
Speaker 3: He was going through you.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about I seen him go ahead to head with Tim Duncan, Kevin Chris Webber.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the elaps. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That boy was special. Man, he's special. Oh that well, that's your problem. That's Lake well that's all you all about is Lake well l Order, Lake Welles, Florida. Ain't in Lake wells Ford, Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that must be. You mean Lakeland, Lakeland, I think because he always about him ROYD Jones, all this, all this do Oh it's k ok okay, okay, okay, okay, Yeah, that the road right. How do all these athletes come out of there? Flora? Oh it's the water, baby, It ain't nothing but the water. You know. Listen, we we produce some different down here, We produce some different that.
Speaker 2: Weather we look at where the look at the best athletes they come out of what warm weather? California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana. I mean, because you got you got like ideal you got ideal climate and you know us, we like warm weather.
Speaker 3: We'll like the cold.
Speaker 1: Like we like warm weather. And for the most part, you can do a lot of things a lot a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you know, you get warm weather a lot longer, and you don't get those you know, those those long winners in short summers, you get long summers.
Speaker 3: But if you go look at that, look at the foot look at basketball.
Speaker 1: Let's just take basketball, uh foot Spacely football ain't even close. All the football playing from the outside California, Texas losing out of Georgia, Florida, Florida South County and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But I think that's what it has to do.
Speaker 1: It has to do with if you go back and look at it, look at where most of the athletes come from.
Speaker 4: Damn, I was from North Carolina. I'm sorry, come on, you can look back. Y'all got a fergy.
Speaker 3: In North Carolina.
Speaker 4: Might have the greatest basketball a lot of basketball players ever put together.
Speaker 3: I'm more than Chicago. Oh hell yeah, I'm taking Jordan Jordan Worsey from.
Speaker 2: Where where got a few Well, you hey, it used to be New York, you know, you New York where the heart.
Speaker 4: Doue Dominique words from North Carolina, Buck Williams, Dominique, James Worthy, that sleepy floor, that's a that's a ton of guys. You don't even talk about. Bob mcindo, one of the greatest of all time, Blaze for he's from Greensboro.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was so many great players, David Thompson that people won't even talk about it anymore. He was before Jeorde. He was, damn it. I tell you what. I was guarding the one time Joey walk and I was swippling.
Speaker 4: I was going back and forth and somebody said live and I'm I'm guarding pretty good.
Speaker 3: And then I trail around that Look, I tell you what. I can tell you what size shoot he wore because his feet should he walks out of thirteen. That's all I saw. Pick it up.
Speaker 1: According to Sports Illustrated, Roba Linca shouldn't see his sees his job as secure moving forward. The report says, quote either way, Polinka shouldn't feel super secure in his position moving forward. He also shouldn't necessarily be looking over his shoulder. He needs to have a good offseason this summer, though.
Speaker 3: All they gotta do. All they gotta do is do the same thing with Listen. I'm sure you hit that he had the rumblings. You know what you need, sir.
Speaker 5: Lebron has said, I'm sure Lupa has said it. Getting me a goddamn big so we can compete.
Speaker 3: That's it, get me a five. What they gonna get the rest of the who they gonna get.
Speaker 1: There's a trade proposal, Bailey Bassett Caesar Lakers trade away Austin Reeves for twenty twenty three Defensive Player of the Year triple j Jared Jackson Jr. So the Grizzlies will receive Austin Reeves. Don't connect Maxi Kleeber for Jared hold up, you said.
Speaker 3: Hell no, I'm like you.
Speaker 4: Look, Jared Jackson, Sarah Jackson was the beast man that there was a beast.
Speaker 3: You think I'm giving them up for what what you just say?
Speaker 4: The bad nipples that you just talked about, But there you're talking about Austin Reeds.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, I don't really know what what man you're doing. Try to stack the damn deck. Don't give me that kind of crap. Man. If they they get rid of jan Jackson Jr. They definitely getting rid of John that Jo's gone yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean if you get rid of him, Ben a cornerstone, that's your corner piece of big Man. You get rid of him, I mean I would always want to keep him in joh together. So if you get rid of him, then maybe Ji is on the move somewhere.
Speaker 3: John, you know, how do you want one time? Who did you say that we're gonna give up? I gotta get it this. I need to write this down. Would you say? Uh, Austin Reeves with Ave.
Speaker 1: Maxic Maxic Kleeber the twenty thirty one person white guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me want more? You get that's all we got. I can't go with that. We just hifted the roster.
Speaker 4: We just if you are, if you're that team, you cannot take an all star. The guys you just named those aren't all stars. They're pretty good players, some of them, but don't them connect just he just came in. Well, I like what, I like what you talk about. Who you're talking about Austin Reeves, he's a he's a pretty good player. But Joe, I'm not making that deal.
Speaker 2: Hell no, if you mean if you Meshis, you're not making it. But we don't know what Memphis got up their sleeve. Yeah, hey, hey all de pears on, what if?
Speaker 1: What is Memphis trying to do because they just took they just got fourth first round draft picks for Desmond Bane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so are they looking to go back? They look at the rebuild, start this thing all over here. You're trying to say this no other, Paul de Saul. Is that what you're trying to say? Memphis is making another Laker? I know you smile, Yeah on.
Speaker 3: Your damn this.
Speaker 4: Then that's how they wanted to look. That's how they wanted that championship with Kobe. Now they stole one then by making that trade. So don't give them in this craple by getting a great defender like that, we're bagging up.
Speaker 3: So I'm sorry that doesn't work.
Speaker 2: But bread, you know what, Jeannie Buss and Robel Lincoln Bank of Austin reeves, that's they're diving in the rough. They discovered him. He was an undrafted free agent and he's turned himself. Every year he's increased. He averaged twenty points a game this season.
Speaker 1: They think very very highly of him, and they were very they're very, very reluctant to put him in any trade.
Speaker 4: Come on, excuse me unless it gives them a bona fide BoNT Who is gonna give up a bona fide guy for osin Reeps? It's all right, I mean I'm not I'm not down on them saying he can't play, but I'm not giving.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving from the All Star up forcin Reeps. I can't do that. You gotta give me a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: And then you said, will give you a first they give you a first round picking dog first round.
Speaker 3: I can't go that like that.
Speaker 4: No, you got to give me some real players. That's coming back to me. If I'm Memphis, I can't. If you're if you're members right now, you're destroying your team. You're already doing this saying with bains and you're talking my job. But you gotta keep one piece like that. And and that Jackson dude is he is, he's the valuable.
Speaker 2: Just give up for nothing bread bread you know unk over there he rubbed his hand like this here because he got If the Lakers get Jan Jackson Jr. Man, that could that can put him in the lead company. You know that, you know that's a that's the think we gotta show up. Refercation man that's only. That's the only reason he gives us this count of crap.
Speaker 4: You know this is this is you know, oh Joe, Oh, y'all just reported the dude brand all report the news brand.
Speaker 3: That's all. I'm doing. Nothing but some ship that he's given up now, that's all. That's all. It's a backup.
Speaker 4: And you and you're walking around right now in LA with some dogs and you ain't even got one of no classic badge shooting all over the lawn.
Speaker 3: You got to give that up. No, I ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Maybe, hey look at bread, y'all. Team is gonna be very different next year.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 1: And it's not just gonna be because Jason Tatum is not playing. There's gonna be a lot of changes to that Celtic I totally agree.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I don't think for Jingus is gonna be here, I don't know if you're you're you're you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about all day is gonna be here.
Speaker 4: And because I think you're gonna match the reset, but you subtract now because you lost your best player.
Speaker 3: So yeah, didn't didn't. I didn't, my boy, I'll retire no man, helm But man, I gonna make my club. I told him that. Joe.
Speaker 4: I said, oh, here's a death. He's almost forty years old. They're paying on about ten billion dollars a year just to stay in shape. Where you're going and Al got about five kids at home. Please he ready to do. Hey, Brian Man, thank you so much for joining us tonight. Thank you for your joining us doing the playoffs. We greatly appreciate it. Hey, come back, man, I'm gonna come back so and I enjoyed deal with you guys, and I want I'm I'm gonna stay it on the air.
Speaker 3: I want you and O Joe out on my podcast, Cedric Match. Who a podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna holler at you because your producer didn't tell you whether I wanted to say so.
Speaker 3: Anyway, guys, I enjoyed. Thank you very much for having me on. All right, remember want you do?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Did you get the did you get the look? Up? Got the looking already drank it so poys. You know that they come to me. I know they said they're gonna send me some merchandise. Joe laid it out the bag.
Speaker 4: Sit yo, man, I got some merchandise. I got some good merch to I didn't get no merch. Yeah, we get yourself. Brad, appreciate it, man, thanks for joining us, and we got you got good. It's no one surprise. Shade was just named Finals MVP. So he's the regular season m VP Western Conference m v P Finals MVP averaged thirty points, five and a half persist one, almost two steals a game, one and a half blocked shots per game, and he's only.
Speaker 3: Twenty years of age. I got a customer.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you just said that. And now think about everything you just named off. He's won to ring already.
Speaker 3: He was the MVP this season.
Speaker 5: Now, we talked about this a very very long time all throughout the NBA season. You said you would take joke of Sta. Yeah it would, yes, Ring ye still take still Yeah yeah yeah, Yo kids got a ring too. You remember yo kids did all that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know. I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: I want to see him if you're yeah, And that's not the And that's not to take away anything from.
Speaker 3: From Shape.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a phenomenal player, but I mean you're talking about I mean and and you like really splitting hairs.
Speaker 3: So you're looking at Shane, You're looking at your kids.
Speaker 2: You're looking at Giannis, I think, hey, I think those are the three best players.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're sprinkling Luca something when he's healthy and going. But Shaye, I mean to be twenty six years of age. They brought him in. He's you know, kind of learned under Chris Paul and then they turned the bread. They turned the organization over to a kid that wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the thing, and when you talk to o Chell, the supporting cast, you look at the best, yes forty cast. At the end of the day, you can look at okay, see with the supporting cast, new Dorg looked like he should have been playing with the with the Cleveland Browns, the where he was knocking down that big waiting to thing. The big question we're gonna talk about, Lendy Lord and gentlemen, is this. You talk about three guys who were the MVPs.
Speaker 3: When they were with the.
Speaker 4: Thumberer, they couldn't get it done, Hardened Westbrook and the Rank they couldn't get it done. But now they've gone to a smaller, more effective lineup, not just biggest stars, but they still won. But those three guys that you talk about, that that's supporting cast they had that they should have won one or two.
Speaker 1: They kill they getting let James Hard. You remember they went to the championship, they lost to the Heat, and then the next year, for five million dollars, they let James Harden go to the Rockets. And that was kind of the beginning. And we're gonna talk about this a little later. Every last one of those guys that started in OK see somehow found a way to get to get to the Rockets.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It started with Hard and Russ and now KD. So we'll get to that a little later.
Speaker 1: But you're absolutely right because you look at these two teams, what do they have bench play?
Speaker 2: The bench players play extremely well. They're a very deep team. You look at Obi Topp and then played well tonight, but he normally plays well. But you got mattpern he gave you twenty four.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 1: McConnell gave you sixteen, So that's forty points. You got forty two points from your bench. You really can't could play like that about that. Mcconnall just didn't have a good gut. He played well offensively, but the turnovers he had a lot of careless turnovers.
Speaker 3: Tonight he had seven, they had twenty one.
Speaker 1: They had seven turnovers in the third quarter when okay see really opened up the game. Yes, I mean because they would have a one point lead and all of a sudden, you start the fourth quarter and you're down thirteen. So you go from plus one to minus thirteen. And a large part had to do with the turnovers. You lost the turnover battle in that they did a great job of taking care of it. And you know, this is how OKAC played. They're very active with their hands, especially at home that crowd as rockers, and you just got killless with the basketball. Okay see this season number one in net rating, number two all time first, and defensive rating third and offensive rating second, Youngest championship team in NBA history only behind the nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: For the drill you led by it.
Speaker 4: You didn't mention one guy who was spectically effective in that thing, and it was really Alex Caruso.
Speaker 3: Nobody's gonna talk about the ball Eagle.
Speaker 4: I know, Shannon, that hurts you because you spilled a fakek girl over there with the KI, but Jolleys. Carusso was huge for them defensively, offensively, he is able to shut the door and really contain guys, and he made it extremely tough for them, especially talking about those steals.
Speaker 3: He was part of that steel thing on every player. Hey, our brand.
Speaker 2: I think I'll make great points especially about they bench, you know the others that they played well. Obviously, you know the more likely whoever bench plays well, they team win. But to me, if you look at chick Homebridge, I think he was averaging eleven points throughout this throughout this finally run the night he had eighteen points, a rebounds, five blocks, and he was six to eight from the field, very efficient. So probably his best game. Yeah, he plays well. Plus Shay and you got Wings playing well, it's hard to beat them. They just hadn't got consistent played from check Homeridge, you know what I mean. So if he give him five blocks, he give you eighteen or twenty two points a night, And I think that's his next that's his next ceiling to where he can be consistent on a ninety night basis with these guys.
Speaker 3: That's what's gonna make him a dynasty and make them hard to beat.
Speaker 5: But you know what think about this, Yeah, Okay, jam Nah, that a hold on you before you go cornbread. I mean, Joe, listen, you talk about dynasty right now after after the team, don't The one way to have a dynasty, right is to be able to keep your core coople guys together.
Speaker 3: Now they just win a championship. Now what happens. You have players that deserve and want to get paid, that don't want to stay there, no.
Speaker 5: Getting ready to get paid. So players are gonna leave. How you gonna say dynasty went?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't get that feeling from Okay, seeing those guys they look.
Speaker 2: And I think when when you win, Oh, Joe, you have to go in the luxury tax you know, everybody gets paid, you know what I mean, they're small market. But the fact that they don't want you mean to tell me you're gonna let one of these cornerstone guys get out of here?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 4: You know, it's good, it's good to say, Joe, But them dead presidents, they changed your mind.
Speaker 3: A lot of the time.
Speaker 4: They might think that they might say that, but when you're talking about their luxury taxes, you're peeling and guy ten million.
Speaker 3: But now it projects out that you're paying.
Speaker 4: In thirteen goodier in the year now teams hit the chants in their minds.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they have they might want to pull back. I just like that when you talk about dynasties.
Speaker 4: I'm looking like just last year where people said about the Celtics, the Celtics is gonna win the championship again with Tatling Brown and all those players.
Speaker 3: What happened? They didn't win? This is this is what.
Speaker 4: And the NBA loves that and the fact that you have different teams winning championships because it promotes all that's just equaliquorating among the teams.
Speaker 1: The fans don't like it though, the fact the fans because the thing is read the fans in the NBA are different than the fans of the NFL because small market team Pittsburgh, small market, but they got ravenous fans and they've been cheering for the Steelers for fifty to fifty years.
Speaker 3: Green Bay, small market, been cheering up to the NBA. Don't have that.
Speaker 1: You gotta go La, you gotta go to New York, you gotta go Boston, you gotta go to these Chicago, these massive markets to get a following because if not, it's just regional. Because think about it, your grandfather ready for the Steelers, and so when he had kids and they moved away. They don't live in Pittsburgh, they're somewhere else. But they're still Stealers fans. Green Bay. They don't live in Green Bay. They're still Packer fans though. The Cowboys they just so that's how it has to be. But I think the thing is what the NBA can do the players, the team. Oh, Joe that you're on, Joe and Brad, you know this.
Speaker 2: I can give you an extra I can give you that your fear I get hey, you go somewhere else, you gonna go get four.
Speaker 1: I can give you five full of guarantee. Now do you want four years in one sixty or do you want five year?
Speaker 3: Jenny? You say nothing about small market teams? Live yre?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 3: What was Miami? Is that a small market? And let's talk about San Antonio? What's that a smugger market? Those are?
Speaker 4: And then don't not gonna ratings and the ratings. But for those they ready were there. But go look at look at Sandy Tonio.
Speaker 1: Look at Sandy Tonio when they play, Look and they had great Look at dun Duncan You had Jabbins, you had Parker you had Genobly's if if different NFL market small markets versus.
Speaker 3: NBA, I gave you that. I look at Miami. Is Miami a small market?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's it's not like like when I look at small markets, I'm looking at like Andy, I'm looking at I'm looking at like uh.
Speaker 3: People would rather go Okay now, and you're talking about people.
Speaker 4: What was some of the most stair weather fans I ever saw in my life go to the We went to the game here and oh yeah, for sure, oh manleft the game early.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, they left the game early. And then when ray Hally here shot. They wanted to get the ass factor that they try to come back in. Don't tell me, damn smaller market and your loyalty and this heat culture.
Speaker 1: I believe what Janet is but bread bread, But you know how it's worked now. It's same thing with l A. If you don't win, them, fans not coming because there's too much to do. See what they're gonna do?
Speaker 3: What that's your question? What else are you gonna do it? Okay?
Speaker 1: See what else are you gonna do it? In the besides go to a damn basketball game? But watch the Indianapolis five hundred. So now in Miami, I got the beach, ohto, I got South Beach. I got so much I can do La Bread. You know how much it's going on. So if you don't win in those markets, oh bro coming yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, the only people that will go.
Speaker 5: We talk about hardcore fans, fans you win and losing, that they will die and ride by you whether you win losing. But when it comes to Miami or with any of the big market team, the New York LA's, the Miami's, maybe maybe you go you just god go, oh go another one, and the fans ain't coming. They're not sitting through that. They're not spending their harder money, especially in this goddamn confe.
Speaker 1: Connedy messed up and we lose it. Nah uh, it's saying small Marcus, New Orleans. Okay, see Milwaukee, San Antonio, Utah, Indiana, Charlotte. Hey, we talking about TV markets Now, I got you. I have a question too, yes with okay, like where people always want.
Speaker 3: To go and play no matter what.
Speaker 5: They love to go play in Houston, they love to go play in Miami, they love to go and play in La Yes, sure does does The thunder and edg Winn in the championship that attract suitors from the outside want to go playing. Okay, see, there's only one thing. What else am I gonna do that? If I don't go what so other? What other pro sporting event? Can I go to an Oklahoma city besides the see in Miami, I can go? Can I go see something? Can I see football?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Could I see them? Go to the rodeo? Shening go to the road? Deal?
Speaker 1: Remember Sandy Tonio have to hit the road every year, red cut, they got the got the what's the color?
Speaker 3: Coming to rodeo? Coming through Indiana? So it's like Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: What else are you gonna do with Milwaukee besides go see the Bucks play, go to the Harley Day with some museum. So there's only I mean, when people have families and kids, they don't just want to like, hey hey babe, I mame, what are we gonna do tonight? Everything boarded up? I mean, you got kids, they want to do stuff, and it it's cold. They can't do anything after September Day inside, How did how.
Speaker 4: Did Pittsburgh get such your following Since it's such a small market and.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the NFL but how do they do it? Considering that's what you gonna do. Ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: Got the Pirates, You got the Pirates, and you got and you got and you got the Steelers. And when the Steelers came up, the stealer. Think about the early seventies, they dominated, and so now they're they're putting that imprint on you.
Speaker 2: Man, the Steelers, man, the Steelers, the Steelers, the Steelers, and so kids that had kids, they.
Speaker 4: Grew up Steelers fans. I grew up a Steelers fans. My mom was a Steelers fan because they've always on TV. Same bag with the Raiders, Oakland, Oakland. Spawn was small, but they hey, that's all you saw. And so once you got a page and you had kids, what do kid do? Take you to the game.
Speaker 1: Hey they got a Cubs jersey old, or they got a Celtics jersey old, and so you just it just passes down, passes down.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: Look, Brad, you said, the NBA like this, But we've seen we haven't seen anything like this. Seven consecutive different champs. We haven't seen for this particular series. They were Love Island. Love Island got better than I'm just gonna keep it in the stack with y'all. Man, I'm just saying, hey, it was a good series. Hey chatt, hey, don't get up simple chat. But I'm just saying, love love that bread. That really happened. Let me give you a stat right here.
Speaker 1: J dubbed this season, he was an All Star, All Defense, All NBA, and he's a champion. He's the youngest player since Kobe Bryant to achieved all four of those in the same season. This is what Scotti Pippens said about Jayalen Williams. I don't even want to put a cap on him and say that he's going to be me. I see him being greater if I can say that, just because where the game is today, they have offensive freedom.
Speaker 3: We didn't have that.
Speaker 1: We mostly ran out of a system. These guys have the freedom to shoot the three balls, to do things of that nature. Players are playing in today's game have a chance to be better than players in the past because of the ability to shoot the ball.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, somebody said it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, But anyway, if this kid continued to shoot the three ball the way he shoots, I'm going to see here and say and argue with nobody, say he can't he can compare to us, because you can't.
Speaker 4: He wins.
Speaker 1: I don't Red, go ahead, Joe, let let Joe let you know, trp me first, then you go brand and then all Joe on here what you gotta say, Joe you muted?
Speaker 3: Yea?
Speaker 2: I mean now, yeah, man, I agree with Pippen saying because back in his day, you know, they played with two traditional bigs, and now now and today's game especially Okay, see they don't have nobody posting up siously. You know those guys are picking pop guys and jade up and shape. They kind of get to they get free will as supposed to win. They shoot how they want to shoot, so they can give it to you however they want. I think that the game is a lot more wide open nine. Yes, you they do have a lot more freedom than guys had back back when Scotti was playing.
Speaker 4: Uh, Joe, I think the game is tailor made for you right now because it is an ISO game.
Speaker 3: It is one on one game, and if you are a guy can put the ball on the floor, you can score up from the outside. It's almost impossible to stop you. During the time that I played, when we had McHale Perish myself.
Speaker 4: Bird. We were post up guys, and we stayed right on that block, so you didn't. We weren't trying to trick you. We're just gonna beat the hell out of you in the damn post that nobody.
Speaker 3: Nobody doubts that anymore. Shit anymore.
Speaker 4: It's a dead game. So because of that, the game has changed so much in a way. And Scotty, I appreciate Scotty giving up up like that, but I tell you what, I'm like, Ze, and this is Joe and old Joe, and I would love to see what would happened if you've been playing during the eighties when guys looked throwing his ass to the ground. Now, it wasn't all this, all this he getting you up in the air, thanking you, doing all this stuff. You know, how to truck played like that. Detroit used to play two pounds. One guy will hit you if the other guy free, you know what, Joe. That gave the other guy freedom to not the hell out of that. So so we take another special guy. And I'm not taking away from what Shake does. I'm really not, but I like to see what he do with hand checking.
Speaker 3: Joe. The error you played in yes, I like to see what he would do right now when it came to hard fire.
Speaker 4: You think you see some of these founds they called the day the guy said blakeer foul when the guy rushed in me hit him. Then during my particular era, they would have laughed at your ass, like right, no, no, you ain't bleeding when your eyes say now, oh Joe, if you ain't, if you ain't missing a tooth or nothing, you won't believe from the.
Speaker 3: Note, they won't call him that.
Speaker 4: So I would love to know, how shall I'm not taking away anything from no hatred at all, but I love to see how they played.
Speaker 3: During the physical game, the way it was played during that time. Hey, right, I like what Pepper said, Uncle Joe, and bread like I like what he said.
Speaker 5: But the funny thing about it is there are sudden players regards of era, regardless of era, based on skill setting, DNA and what they bring to the table in that specific era. With regards of what era you put certain individuals in, they're gonna succeed regardles of how the game, whether it's in the eighties, whether it's in the nineties, whether in the two thousand, or whether it's now a player like HGA, he will thrive. He will still thrive and just adapt to the circumstances and environment and the style of playing which they played, if he was in the eighties or in the nineties when they were a lot more physical.
Speaker 3: The same thing goals for pipping. It's hard to compare errors. You really can't do it. You can't era up when you played. The rule changes. The rule change exactly, the rule changes. Obviously. You think about the game of basketball, right, everything is ice.
Speaker 5: So now back then, the Jordan era, the pipping era, they played with ko bigs back in your day.
Speaker 3: Un goddamn, look at the yards you got. You gotta goddamn jacks, you.
Speaker 5: Got a bust in the Hall of Fame, and goddamn can right and you've played during the running game era. Imagine if you played right now, you and your prime and they throwing the ball twenty million times every guy.
Speaker 3: Damn, you're laughing. You're laughing like you're about to get that paid or something. Right now. Hey, hey, hey, I see.
Speaker 1: Them, I see them guys making the tight end, making seventeen dollars a year.
Speaker 3: I do see that. Hey, uh, I mean just go to show you just how well the thunder to play defense.
Speaker 1: Indiana shot the ball better from the field, better from the three point line, better from the free throw line, and they all rebound them.
Speaker 3: But they had one glaring stat They tripled the turnovers twenty one to seven. That is the difference in the ball.
Speaker 4: Lovers will kill you in any game you play. And I don't care what sport it is. They play football, you turn that ball over. You played basketball, you turned over, and it's going to be a recipee for you to lose because those are wasted opportunities. A lot of people laughed when they talked about the self excuse in the threes, and I talked to Jae Mizzoula about this.
Speaker 3: He said, Max, I reckon.
Speaker 4: For him to shoot the three, then turn the damn ball over, because that therefore you wouldn't give a shot opportunity. And I'm like, damn, that doesnake's sister. You at least you shoot it, you get an opportunity to go in. But when you turn the ball over in a live situation, your defense is locksided going back the other way, and it just kills you. And you can see it hurt Indiana all day.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 4: McCollough was a smart player, Joe. They surprised me when he crossed the court at that time to have court and it got double and he pussed the ball out. Yeah, but you smiled at than that, You boy, you ain't. It's a point guard. You ain't supposed to cross that line. I am getting pained on the sideline.
Speaker 3: He got kept. He kept getting pined in the corner.
Speaker 1: He's only so tall, so when they come with a double team, he's not getting out of that because he can't love.
Speaker 3: You had to know that he was gonna make some mistake. Guys.
Speaker 2: They asked an awful lot of him, you know, when went down, so he probably he ain't accustomed to he since the first quarter. Tyreeves went down the first quarter, and now TJ had to step in and be the guy against the starters.
Speaker 3: He ain't going to get their backups.
Speaker 2: Now, now he's going to givest J dub, he's going to give door, He's going to he end up with the trees with Chat.
Speaker 1: So it's a difference you're asking him to do. You asking him to be TJ. But I need more of that from you, and I need you to give it to me.
Speaker 4: If they're one, Joe, let me let me ask you this, Joe way to some of them players you used to play with when you're win on your team.
Speaker 3: And they be talking all that ship and then they get in the game and be a real game. Man, what help?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, listen all that damn questions too much?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, look hey Brian Ojo, let me tell you something I was in college, man, I'm telling you, when I first got the campus, I wanted to play in the hype that's where everybody used to play it. And I had dudes on my team, bro average two point three points a game. Who in the hype looking like Jordan's and here. But once that pop worn go to popping, them lights come on. I'm like, damn, what happened? Yeah, he ain't the same no more, it ain't them lights come on and.
Speaker 3: Want to box.
Speaker 4: O Cho said the right things. Then, A it is for some people, and it's showing for some other people. Because when them damn big lights come on and they damn put a little bit more butther on the damn popcorn, some of these people are gonna pall.
Speaker 3: Like a damn cheap ship. That's gonna Yeah, it's funny that y'all say that, because my freshman we had a guy.
Speaker 1: There was roommates, and one of the guys who was the starter wide receiver his roommate. Go tell the coach, he like, Coach, if you gave me some run, I can catch just as good as my roommate. I can catch just as good as this guy. Sure enough, coach put him in the game. Drop everything he threw it.
Speaker 2: Coach after the game, he say, son, you came to my office and tell me you better than Barney. We put you in the game, he put him on plast your roommate, I'm better than him.
Speaker 1: You done told the coach, I'm better than my roommate. He put you in the game. You lay an egg, and.
Speaker 4: Then the coach called you out in front of everybody in Your roommate sit there looking at him.
Speaker 3: Call him out.
Speaker 4: You s'll call him out. You go all that off and all that damn Lloyd's shore. You've seen enough of that. All the damn guys back you up. We used to tell guys in practice till the time, what the hell you founding me like that? You?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, listen, I don't I don't think I don't think people understand how difficult it is. It's one thing to be playing in the park. It's one thing to be having fun recreational with your friends.
Speaker 5: But I'm talk about at the highest level, bring going on, untibry at the highest level when them lives turn on, especially if you are talker.
Speaker 3: You was a talker, Joey talker, and you've got to back it up. You got to back it up now. I don't think you understand how much pressure that is.
Speaker 5: And obviously when you see the finished product on a Sunday, you'd be like, well damn, they make it look easy. But what you don't get to see is all a work they motherfucker got to put in before you time he it on Sunday.
Speaker 3: We it just look easy but exact.
Speaker 4: But you know, but but out of all of the four of us right now on air, three of us, I know talk a lot of ship.
Speaker 3: I know Shannon did oh tell I know you and I know I did.
Speaker 4: But Joe to say nothing, Joe, but Joe just play. He played the game and gave you his a that's what he don't do. But I got to let you know, show you oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, hey, let your walk speak for himself.
Speaker 2: No, I was about speaking. I will speaking about talk, but I can't. I. Hey, they weren't. Hey, hold on, they working, say volumes now, not about oh yeah, you you gonna be in the way of working tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I got where you're sharing this hood my best story.
Speaker 4: I was playing against the Lakers and we had some some of them guys over there, Larry Spriggs and some of these guys really hadn't played that much and they were screaming, yelling at me, and I was taking the ball out. So I was about to get the ball from the referee and I said, hold up a minute, it's a hold up.
Speaker 3: He said, what do you want? I said.
Speaker 4: Pam Rowley was standing beside me. I said, Pat, put one of the motherfuckers in down there. Pat Rowley turns the rent and going, hey, you're going to game. This guy comes in the game to guard me. I score about ten quick points and going out to gate him, I said, next time, you'll sit your ass down and be quiet. I love Pam Rawley for that. I love and appreciate it. All the damn talking. You're doing a running your damn mouth over here.
Speaker 3: You ain't, you ain't. You should just re quiet and watch the damn game. Gotta free ticket. Shut up.
Speaker 1: We had three stars go down in the postseason with win A Kilees Dame Lilly went down first, Jason Tatum went down next, and then Tyrese Halliburton.
Speaker 3: They all wear the number zero.
Speaker 1: Jeff Starts tweeted if Halliburton didn't tear the achilles, which he did, that would be the eighth achilles tear this season. The previous high was five in fourteen fifteen. That does not include the NASAs out of the Koumpo who tore his in the off season, or prospect Jaalen Moore who injured here in the recent pre draft workout. Unbelievable. Uh so hold on, uh, that's who Tom Havstroke, James Wiseman and Isaiah Jackson two of theirs too, Right, So what if uh uh, Joe Brad you got played. I heard people saying, man, it's the low top shoes. But boy, with the way technology is now, ain't nobody with Terry nor Keeley with him, Chuck Taylor now they got all this technology.
Speaker 3: What's going on with Joe? I think it's this Joe.
Speaker 4: I believe the fact that these guys never rest. The guys you name Tatum played in the Olympics last year, never had no opportunity to rest. Hallack Burton played in the Olympics, never had an opportunity to rest.
Speaker 3: We know, we know what Dame does.
Speaker 4: He plays all this basketball because you don't rest your body, Shannon old Joe, Joe, Your damn body is gonna rest you out there and there might be the Achilles And you remember that the Achilles is one of those things. How do you really protect it because you can stratch it and do it, but you can't build it up like one of these strong muscles something.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it's uh, go ahead, oto, go ahead. I'm I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: I see a lot of comments, a lot of people talking about, oh, you know, people are wearing low top shoes and and I mean, listen, having a hot top shoe is not not going to prevent that.
Speaker 3: It's not going to prevent that that that's something that's that's on the interior. Uh and listen, it just happens. It just happens. Why it happened, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Obviously, we know Halle had had an injury, and I'm not sure if the conversation for that area caused that the keys the rupture, But it's just unfortunate that it is happening. But I keep seeing the comments about Oh's because it had nothing to do with low top.
Speaker 3: Shoes in general. So either I don't, hot top shoe ain't fixing that. It's not ye, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think so neither uh bring. You could be right, it could be the wear and tear on these guys. But if y'all listen to Hallen Burton after Game five, he said that this will probably if this was regular season, this will be a two week, you know, layoff for him.
Speaker 3: He would be out for at least two weeks.
Speaker 2: And the fact that you can't get that and you can't get that kind of rest when you have those calf injuries. Man, I hate to say it, but this is the next thing that comes from it. You know, when you look at all the guys from excuse me, Durant, whether it was Dame, they all had these calf injuries, and you know you're playing in the postseason. You want to try to beat that for your team and give them everything you got, And honestly.
Speaker 3: It just becomes too much.
Speaker 2: It just becomes too much because the game is idle at such a high level playing in the finals, Like, bro, like you ain't you ain't gonna get no rest on that, like, because we're gonna test it every play down of court, every play offensively. He tried to get to the reck he trying to make a play. You got to push off on that. So I just think it was unfortunate for him.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I hate it for him too. Man, But who always gonna Who's gonna make that call?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 3: Who's gonna make that call?
Speaker 4: Piece of sit down because you know it's not gonna be the player because you because we know, and.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be the coach either, because I'm trying to win. The teammates are lucking that you you know, Havel were like, yo, man, rap that shut up. We got to talk.
Speaker 4: So I don't know how you prevent that. When it gets down to players and what they're able to do, a lot of times you said during the regular season, Joe, what would have happened? The only thing I think can happen is you if you have an independent doctor that has to look at players when they have their injury, that's the only way you can send them out. Ever, protect them because you can't protect the player from from himself in those situations because he's gonna want to go, He's gonna let.
Speaker 2: Me ask your question. Let me ask your question, Bred, who playing for that independent? Because if the team playing paying for it, it ain't independent. Wow, if you playing for it, they keep that always independence because he ain't doing no doctor don't do pro bomber work.
Speaker 3: So that's there. Our doctor borders not a lot of services.
Speaker 4: But other than that, that with with the Bill Walton trade that happened with me and Bill walk I passed it. I didn't really pass the test in LA when I went there. But when when Bill Walton got to got to Boston, Red lard back blow the little smoke and said, Bill, you pass his his damn near one as good as as your rabbans.
Speaker 3: And they way back in the day.
Speaker 4: But they but the power of coaches gms at that time, it's so different than this.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how you protect them player from himself. Right.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, guys. Is it a situation because now guys are so specialized. Guys play All they play is basketball, all they play is baseball, all they play is football. So you get no, so all you doing is distressing that. And then you got these tournaments. Joke, they played basketball year round. I'm like, damn, I thought I thought everything was a season. I thought football had a season. I thought basketball had a season. I thought baseball had a season. I thought track had a season. They do all this stuff year round.
Speaker 2: And that's why us as Americans, the basketball hoopers nowadays, we're behind because all we do is play, play, play, and the guys overseas they teaching the game. They teaching these dudes a game at a young age versus just throwing them out there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, we had a whole totally different era to it. Now oho oh bred, Hey, look if I want y'all to play on me. Okay, look I got one hundred grand for y'all this something, man, I need y'all to come play with me. That's all these people care about. They ain't trying to develop. They ain't developing these kids and teaching them really how to play the game. So therefore, as they get to the next level, whether it's college or pro, you know, a lot of them be lost and you don't really hear about them no more because it takes time, because when you get to a team and you're not the man, and you have to learn how to play, and you have to learn how to start in a row, and you ain't never had to do that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you lost in the sauce. Oh yeah, daddy, that's about as true as it gifts. I had thought about it.
Speaker 4: But open your the skills set that they teach with the three points and the euro step and all that they have that down before they get here. Our players utilize one thing. It was Duncan and the quick speed, and you can't utilize that the whole time. You have to push down the back. Brother, So I think you are a thousand and six correct when it comes.
Speaker 3: To but but it's a AU basketball that kill the lot of that damn kid going.
Speaker 4: I ain't never seen the damn kid in the damn sixth grade over the damn California, North Carolina places down basketball.
Speaker 3: I couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't go across the damn street getting another side of town six or seven. Hey, When I was growing up, man, we played AAU ball.
Speaker 2: I played for the Arkansas Rockets pretty much my entire AU season til the last year I played with the Arkansas Hawks.
Speaker 3: And these are all guys straight out of Arkansas. Bro.
Speaker 2: Now you get guys, they're gonna be from something everywhere. They probably a don't even know each other until they get together, until to get ready to play, you know what I mean. So that's the that's the biggest difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Brad, when we were coming up play what oh you better get you gotta work in the summer.
Speaker 3: You got hey, but see I want hey, but see I wanted We were so poor. I want summer close year round. Some of our brothers, some of our cousins, some of them.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, we were working to man, we were when I was when I was young, playing you man, we threw so many swim parties, car washers, TIPI raffles.
Speaker 3: We did okay, yeah, how you got the feelers? We yet to get them to Joe. Hold on you and Joe. I know you guys has summer that you have that a Sunday suit. Don't telling me that Oh yeah, yeah, I didn't have a Sunday suit. In some suit that we can go to Turkey and on Sunday, so we have something else.
Speaker 4: The volume