Speaker 1: Also media. Hey everybody, Robert Evans here, and I wanted to let you know this is a compilation episode. So every episode of the week that just happened is here in one convenient and with somewhat less ads package for you to listen to in a long stretch if you want. If you've been listening to the episodes every day this week, there's going to be nothing new here for you, but you can make your own decisions.
Speaker 2: Welcome to it could happen here. The show about how a small group of people are trying to keep making bad things happen, and we're going to tell you what they are. I'm Garrison Davis and joined with me is doctor James Stout. Hello, doctor, Hi Garrison. Thank thank you for having me put some respect on my name.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So today we're going to be talking about something called Agenda forty seven, and actually we're going to be talking about this this whole week. We've gotten a lot of quests to talk about the Heritage Foundations Project twenty twenty five, which is a kind of an a roadmap for how a Republican president could to change the country if they get elected next year. And although this proposal is scary and quite big. It's a massive, massive book.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Trump certainly listens to these types of guys, but he doesn't always like really like them.
Speaker 3: Okay, he does what the fuck he wants. And again, no one controlling Trump.
Speaker 2: He kind of does whatever he wants, right, Yeah, And I mean there certainly are other people like in Congress, including the Speaker, who are definitely pushing this project twenty twenty five. And I think we'll probably talk about this on the show at some other point. But Trump actually has his own plans for if he's gonna be elected president again, and we're gonna be talking about that, and that is called Agenda forty seven, which I believe is a subtle reference to the forty seventh president, which will be him if he gets elected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so the forty fifth president. So yeah, sell more much that way.
Speaker 2: So the next the next, the next few episodes, we're gonna be diving into Trump's plans for if he becomes the forty seventh president of the United States, called Agenda forty seven. He has all of these listed on his website, and one of my favorite parts is that to accompany each one of these, like policy proposals. He has a video of him like reading out something on a like a teleprompter, and he very often will go off script, just completely and just start talking, which which they include the entire transcript for underneath each video, which is just fascinating to read, totally divorced of like how he talks. It's just amazing. Also, all of the videos are embedded on his website via Rumble, which is just amazing, amazing stuff happening.
Speaker 3: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: So that's that's kind of the the overview of what we're gonna be doing this next week and why and the reason why I have James here. James you you you work in education, right?
Speaker 3: I do? I do some educating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you have you have opinions on it?
Speaker 3: I would assume yeah, strong ones as a doctor, Yeah yeah, a doctor of mond European history. Just to be clear before anyone, yes, pictures of their illnesses, please don't.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna be talking about Trump's plan for education, and by the end we can see if it gets the James Stout approval. As someone who works in education.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, I'm upen minded. Let's see what he's got.
Speaker 2: So Trump, now the problem with us doing these episodes is that all of these are like videos right for his policy proposals. And I don't want to subject to you, the listener, to just videos of Trump talking. I don't you don't need to hear that. But there's a part of me, just deep down, a shameful part of me that when I'm reading these quotes, I really want to like slip into like a like a bad transgender Trump impression, which I've tried to suppress. I've tried to suppress the surge, but every once in a while, it just it just sneaks out. So as I'm going through these quotes, I can not promise that certain things might start happening. And it's it's just a part of the deal.
Speaker 3: You've been possessed by the spirit of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh God. So on this note, Trump opens his education proposal with this line quote, our public schools have been taken over by the radical left maniacs, which really sets the tone for the rest of what we're gonna be talking about today.
Speaker 3: I do want to highlight that I've been trying for more than a decade, but obviously it's about people have been more successful than me in that regard.
Speaker 2: So over these next like twenty five minutes, I'm gonna try to explain what he calls his quote plan to save American education and give power back to American parents and the American parents line is going to be a reoccurring trend here. So in kind of a broad overview, Trump believes that regular public schools, as well as colleges and universities are just so far gone to not only require like massive, massive regressive changes, but also frankly whole new alternatives are needed, which leads us to our first policy proposal. So Trump says that Americans are horrified that quote once respected universities express support for the savages and jihattists who attacked Israel unquote. So that's obviously not great there. It is savages, very very quick, just immediate, immediately getting this sort of stuff. Despite spending more money on higher education than any other country, schools are quote turning our students into communists and terrorists and sympathizers of many, many different dimensions.
Speaker 4: What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: They're sympathizing with the alternate dimensions, you know, the the near universe version. They're gaining too much sympathy as well, as turning into communists and terrorists.
Speaker 3: To be fair, he is right that like one of the areas where you will find like the the few whole noct Twitter is the other area of unreconstructed Marxist Leninists. It's in the Academy that it's there, and on x dot com formerly known as Twitter.
Speaker 2: So to combat this communist and savage and hottest incursion into universities, Trump is proposing something quote unquote dramatically different. His plan is to seize quote billions and billions unquote of dollars through taxes, finds in lawsuits against quote excessively large private university endowments unquote, and use that money to quote endow a new institution called the American Academy unquote.
Speaker 3: That's already The American Academy is already, But is he spending it with an E or it's why?
Speaker 2: Like no, it's the why.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's a place not like the institution.
Speaker 2: So the American Academy will seek to quote make a truly world class education avaiable to every American free of charge, without adding a single dime to the federal debt. And then to do this, quote the institution will gather an entire universe of the highest quality educational content unquote. And I love the phrase educational content.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is this sounds like the short prayer you videos that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you like? You're starting to You're starting to suspect certain things, right like, Yeah, what do you think the American Academy is going to be here? Based on the limited information you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't seem like a credible university, does it. It seems to look like if your world made thats education. Maybe it's what Barry Weiss is doing in Texas, you know, maybe she's going to be helming the American Academy. It sounds like Jordan Peterston's Grift University.
Speaker 2: It's a world class education after you gather an entire universe of the highest quality educational content. So this content, Trump claims, will quote cover the full spectrum of human knowledge and skills and make that material available to every American citizen online for free. Unquote.
Speaker 3: That's just a library where he's describing as a library, we already have those.
Speaker 2: Not quite the content. It's not just a library because quote, the Academy will utilize the latest breakthrough in computing unquote, as well as study groups, mentors, and industry partners to provide a truly quote top tier education option for the people. For the next part, I have to do it in the Trump voice, because otherwise the grammar won't make any sense. Whether you want lectures or an ancient history, or an introduction to financial accounting or a trading get a skilled trade. The goal will be to deliver it and get it done properly. I love the phrase whether you want lecture or an ancient history?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Like you can give yourself a history, like you could go back to Samaria and insert yourself.
Speaker 2: Whether you want lectures or an ancient history, or an introduction into financial accounting or training in a skilled trade. So you will be able to learn all of this online for free, getting a truly top tier education, which sounds like okay. But Trump specified that your American Academy education will be quote unquote strictly non political unquote.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to learn an ancient history from a strictly non political standpoint. That's that's great.
Speaker 3: We can't discuss the formation of the state because there will be a political stance.
Speaker 2: Furthermore, Donald Trump promised that at American Academy. Quote, there will be no wokeness or jihadism allowed. None of that's going to be allowed.
Speaker 3: How will I teach without you? H My personal jihad is is to educate the youth of America, but now I can't by taking it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, not allowed, not allowed, going to trump.
Speaker 3: Very sad, very sad.
Speaker 2: So this plan also seeks to help the forty million Americans who have some college education but no complete degree, by granting credit for past course work at quote unquote legacy institutions and giving Americans quote the chance to complete your education at the American Academy for free and much more quickly than is now possible or available unquote. So now, if there weren't red flags going off already, there certainly should be now with that last line, more quickly than it is now possible or available, which is which is a classic tell of an online university scam. Now, the exact details of how the American Academy is supposed to work are kind of unclear, probably because it hasn't been figured out yet. It's bullshit, courage, and quite possibly never will get figured out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, many such cases, and Agenda forty seven as it turns out.
Speaker 2: But Trump University founder Donald Trump did say that his American Academy proposal does plan to quote compete directly with existing and very costly four year university systems, like granting students degree credentials that the US government and all federal contractors will henceforth recognize.
Speaker 3: The other recognize him as fucking useless.
Speaker 4: Not degrees.
Speaker 2: Degree credentials. Yeah, degree credentials.
Speaker 3: Gonna put my degree credential up on my wall.
Speaker 2: This is just another Trump University, an uncredited scam that Trump is hoping to prop up with the federal government, this time instead of his business empire. It's it's not it's not.
Speaker 3: His entire thing, isn't it Like, yes, that is the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It's not real. It's not real. He's he's framing this plan as a quote unquote revolution in higher education that will vital life changing opportunities by awarding American citizens with quote the full and complete equilivent of a bachelor's degree.
Speaker 3: I love it when he just fucking sends it on there's gonna be one in my in my episode which you're here later this week, or when he just cannot say the word film and I love that he doesn't fucking try. He just he just owns it.
Speaker 2: The full and complete equivalent.
Speaker 4: That's not neither.
Speaker 2: That's neither full nor complete if it's an equil anyway. Trump Trump ends this video with an eloquent quote, enjoy it, learn from it, and thank you, which is.
Speaker 3: Just I'm gonna finish you on my lectures that way that and then I'll do like a smoke puff and just disappear.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is this is the first plan to save American education. That sounds great. I cannot wait to get a full and complete equivalent of a bachelor's degree credential. Very very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wonderful stuff.
Speaker 2: But do you know what isn't a scam? James?
Speaker 3: Can we say that, like I, we might be absolute.
Speaker 2: I trust my life on every single product and or service that follows this musical sting.
Speaker 4: We are back.
Speaker 2: Do not, I repeat, do not send me any of the advertisers that just aired. I don't care what they are. My life is indebted. I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 3: You can send them to you can send them to Sophie. Her Twitter is at I write, okay.
Speaker 2: I write okay, send it to Sophie all right, so while this Trump University too will remain uncredited. Donald Trump, creator of the Donald Trump board game that did not sell there. Well, when I can.
Speaker 3: Eady for what, Yeah, didn't you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, creator of the Dog.
Speaker 2: Trump board game.
Speaker 3: No? Wow, okay, is it like monopoly? But you just look lie and generate.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't look too far into it for the bit. I'm gonna be honest here. This is Yeah, disappointed. I was ready to go a deep dive. But Donald Trump also plans to attack the current accreditation system for being run by a Communist scourge, which leads us to our second Agenda forty seven topic titled quote protecting students from the radical Left and Marxist maniacs infecting educational institutions. But I believe he's talking about you, James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is ironic. I'm an anarchist and I'm not a Marxist's maniac. No, No, Sadly, not many such cases. But I do make them read the Communist Manifesto in my one oh one class.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 3: You got to read it. You gotta. It's it's something you should emerge from history education having.
Speaker 2: Read so Trump starts for talking about how quote unquote academics are quote obsessed with inductrinating America's youth at colleges and universities while charging a ballooning tuition fee. Trump claims to have a quote unquote secret weapon that he will use to quote reclaim our once great educational institutions from the radical left, the college accreditation system. It's called accreditation for a reason.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: It's called accreditation for a reason. He never extravolates on that.
Speaker 3: I genuinely don't. I can't fathom what I think he means. That could go in so many directions.
Speaker 4: There's no way to know. There's no way to know.
Speaker 3: It just leaves a hanging.
Speaker 2: So Trump explains that quote accreditors are supposed to ensure that schools are not ripping off students and taxpayers, but they have failed totally unquote, which is not really what college accreditors do. Both government run and private accreditation organizations exist to develop criteria and CONDUCTI valuations to ensure educational quality and authorize if a school qualifies for student aid programs from the Department of Education. That's generally what accreditation institutions do. They don't look out for if students are being ripped off, like that's not really their role, but whatever. So, upon returning to sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC, Donald Trump promised that he will quote fire the radical left accreditors that have allowed our colleges to become dominated by Marxist maniacs and lunatics. So he believes that there's like communists that are running the accreditation system and that's what's currently ruining colleges, is that is his belief.
Speaker 3: They come in, they sit at the back, and this is the right little book perhaps to be read, and they and then we have a criticism circle afterwards where they check how many mark references you've made in your lecture.
Speaker 2: So, after sending all these communists to the Gulag, Trump will then begin to quote accept applications for newer creditors. Now it's unclear if he's talking about just like the public or private sector here, but these newer creditors will quote impose real standards and colleges once again and once and for all. Now what such standards you ask? Thank you, James Well. Trump gave us a handy little list which includes like some of the more average conservative to libertarian esque positions like protecting free speech, eliminating wasteful administrative positions that drive up costs, offering options for accelerated and low cost degrees, providing meaningful job placement and career services, and implementing college entrants and exit exams to prove that students are actually learning or getting their money's worth, right, Which all that sounds like kind of standard politician talk. Right, It's like, okay, sure, but Trump did mention a few other standards that will be imposed once again by this new generation of accreditors, which will also include quote, defending the American tradition and Western civilization and removing all Marxist diverse the equity and inclusion be a regrets unquote. So d I Dei the right's new favorite boogiey man that's responsible from everything from rising university costs to botched surgeries, aviation incidents, and boats malfunctioning and cladding with bridges. It is it is the the villain of the of the conservative right at the moment. And so because this has been a trending topic among conservatives, Trump's trying to jump on this Dei train, which sounds incredibly dangerous from their perspective because this term he probably never even heard of before, like a year ago.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, no, I don't think he. I don't think he implemented DII in his business institutions. I think this is Yeah, it's a word they say when they can't say slurs. They think they've found a funny workaround to saying slurs.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's this thing with like every time someone says like like critical race theory, woke or DEI, they're really just trying to say a slur. And if and if you, if you replace those three terms with just a slur, their sentences make a lot more sense because the way they use the word woke does not mean anything in a lot of cases. But if you just replace it for a racial slur, you're like, oh, now I can understand what they're saying. It's a handy trick that really is not fun to.
Speaker 3: Think about, yeah, arisobtle.
Speaker 2: As a part of this DEI frenzy, Trump has promised to quote direct the Department of Education to pursue federal civil rights cases against the schools they continue to engage in racial discrimination unquote, which also kind of calls upon like older like affirmative action complaints that conservatives have been talking about for years.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: That's what I wondered if he was going after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of it ties into that as well. And Trump added that this race based discrimination quote includes discrimination against Asian Americans unquote, which is definitely invoking that style of affirmative action conservative rhetoric from like, yeah, ten five years ago.
Speaker 4: Yay.
Speaker 3: Even more recent is that Supreme Court case. Oh yeah, that was that was that was just like last year, Becky with the bad grades. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So beyond just threatening to sick the DOJ on woke schools, Trump also made the more specific promise that if schools quote persist in explicit unlawful discrimination under the guise of equity unquote, he will not only make sure that their endowments be taxed, but also quote, through budget reconciliation, I will advance to measure to have them find up to the entire amount of their endowment unquote.
Speaker 3: Does he realize that, no, no schools have endowments, Like I teach you in the community college, we ain't got an endowment.
Speaker 2: No, he's he's I'm sure that he's gonna go after like the Harvard Endowment. Yeah, that's gonna track. Yeah, have have fun finding fifty billion dollars from Harvard. That's totally gonna happen. But his plan after he seizes these endowments, quote, a portion of the seized funds will then be used as institution for victims of these illegal and unjust policies, policies that hurt our country so badly. Colleges have gotten hundreds of billions of dollars from hard working taxpayers, and now we're going to get this anti American insanity out of our institutions once and for all. So that's cool, Like, okay, sure, you're gonna use this to pay back white people who've been if we've been denied college admission. Okay, cool, that sounds like a winning electoral statue.
Speaker 3: You have finally the reparations people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly. You know who's had it too hard for too long?
Speaker 3: Chance, it's white people who didn't make it through college gars.
Speaker 2: It's it's because they didn't get to it's because they didn't go to Yale. Now they have to go to Princeton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, embarrassing, right, why would you even bother?
Speaker 2: So it's but it's not just colleges. Trump also threatened to quote cut federal funding for any school or program publishing critical race theory, gender ideology, or other inappropriate racial, sexual, or political content onto our children. We're not going to allow it to happen, folks.
Speaker 3: Very cool, Great, Yeah, I used to teach a gender sociology course. Forward to defund defund. Yeah, yeah, I know we're going down fight together. We're gonna do that ship. They will have to fight that way in there. Don't say that on air.
Speaker 2: You can't say that you're gonna turn your community college into a you can't say that. So, yeah, he's gonna go after school, regular schools, both college and universities, regular schools. If there's doing any any CRT gender ideology, you can tell that some of this was written like a year and a half ago, because no, no one's talking about critical race theory anymore.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I missing. But like, can you imagine teaching a sociology course and just being like, yeah, we're gonna skip past race and gender.
Speaker 2: Politics, set past politics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is a man who himself went to Like did he go to hot Yale?
Speaker 2: No, he did not go to either. He was sent to a military school by his father when he was thirteen for being annoying. Then he think he went to a school in Pennsylvania, respect And then what other school did he go to?
Speaker 3: Critical respect to his dad.
Speaker 2: He yeah, he went to the New York Military Academy. That he went to Fordham University and then the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Wharton Business School. Yeah, not a real graduate degree.
Speaker 2: So the reason why this is also evils because Trump thinks that a lot of this stuff is basically forming a new religion. All this woke stuff quote, the Marxism being preached in our schools is totally hostile to Judeo Christian teachings, and in many ways it resembles establishing a new religion. Can't let that happen. I can't let that happen.
Speaker 3: One thing we take a big swing at is Judeo Christian institutions.
Speaker 2: To combat this growing threat of religious Marxism.
Speaker 3: His administration, I'm sorry, I cannot oh.
Speaker 2: His administration will quote aggressively pursue potential violations of the Establishment Clause and the free exercise Clause of the Constitution. That's very simple.
Speaker 3: I think you quite understand before we met of that that luckily we do Russian Orthodox Marxism at my university, so we should say, god, yeah, well a lot of beards.
Speaker 2: So and then, in kind of like a laundry list of policies and talking points, Trump pledged to quote veto the sinister effort to weaponize civics education, we will keep men out of women's sports and will create a new credentialing body that'll be the gold standard anywhere in the world to certified teachers who embrace patriotic values, support a way of life, and understand that their job is not to indoctrinate children but very simply to educate them.
Speaker 3: No one's ever done. No one has ever created a credentialing body for patriotic teachers who embrace quote our way of life before, it's never been done.
Speaker 2: Sinister efforts to weaponize civics.
Speaker 3: Just imagine him looking for looking for the Civics bill. Yeah, very funny, So probably distract him for a while. Stuff, I'm doing some actual terrible shit.
Speaker 2: A little bit with that last part was like indoctrinating children, And this next little bit will kind of demonstrate how stuff like QAnon didn't simply go away like some have postulated. Instead, it's just been absorbed into the fabric of American politics. No longer does the boogeyman have to be a DNC pedophilic elite. Now it's been deterritorialized and destroyed and mutated into just being any school teacher and or like every trans person right or God forbid a transgender school say, which is like the prime evil of the current conservative society. And Trump promises on day one of his new presidency he will he will quote begin to find and remove the radicals, Zealots, and Marxists who have infiltrated the Department of Education, and that also includes others. And you know who you are, because we are not going to allow anyone to hurt our children.
Speaker 4: You know who you are. You know who you are.
Speaker 2: So this is the weaponization of nearly eight years of QAnon rhetoric, right, that is, that has grown past the need to actually invoke QAnon, plus the two years of the Republican Party, the daily wire and limbs of TikTok working to shift q Andon's kind of disgraced and unfocused momentum towards a manufactured continuation in the form of this transgender groomer craze that's taking over American schools. Quote, Joe Biden has given these lunatics unchecked power. I will have them fired and escorted from the building. And I will tell Congress that any appropriations bill I sign must reaffirm the president's ability to remove defined employees from the job. It's all about our children unquote.
Speaker 3: Just imagining an executive order to remove someone from the lecture.
Speaker 2: I am going to be signing an executive order on this podcast to go to another at break, we are back and thank you James for reaffirming my ability to remove defiant ads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, why you were all away? The several federal agents came in and inserted an ad break.
Speaker 2: In this last section here, we're going to return to Trump's conception that entire alternatives are needed to America's broken, woke school system, now focusing on the grade school side rather than just the post secondary. So in this vein, Trump is courting the growing number of homeschooling families, though according to a Washington Post poll from last year, Republican homeschoolers outnumbered Democrat ones two to one, so he kind of already has the majority of that vote. But still something he is going after. According to Trump, ever since quote the China virus, America has seen an estimated thirty present increase in homeschool enrollment unquote. It's just a funny term as homeschool in roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just going to the homeschool to enroll.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be enrolling in homeschool. Very funny. An if elective president for a second time, he will do everything to support quote parents who make the courageous choice of home school unquote. Again, the way he uses home the word homeschool is unlike anyone else I've ever heard of. Talk it is. It is a very odd use of the English language.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't seem to understand parts of.
Speaker 2: Speech like no, no, And Trump said he'll work to ensure that homeschoolers will be entitled to all the benefits available to non homeschool students, like being able to participate in athletic programs, clubs, atter school activities, educational trips, and more. He pledged that in his next term, he will allow five to nine education savings accounts to be used for quote costs associated with homeschool education. A current five to nine savings accounts families to withdraw up to ten thousand dollars a year to spend tax free on tuition for private schools, which Trump called a quote tremendous win for a school choice, very important school choice. To remember that term unquote. That term never comes up again in this video. Great. So Trump is planning to expand this tuition savings program to include homeschooling families as well, with a very unknown system of checks and balances to determine what exactly qualifies as costs related to homeschooling. And often homeschooling is used by abusive parents to just have kids do free labor around the house, and they try to make it count as like education. And like if you're now allowing parents to put money into a savings account to remove ten thousand a year tax free spent on education, like what does what does that mean? Does that mean just curriculum? Does that mean like household supplies because that's being put towards their homeschool because they're schooling at home. Like very very unclear, And it's kind of refers back to some of the general problems homeschooling, especially in like conservative homeschooling or just as a large way to abuse children not in like the groomer way that right wing people talk about. It's like, no, you're just literally like limiting your kids' access to the outside world because you think if they go outside they're gonna turn gay. So but even if oh sorry, there's there's one one final quote from this homeschooling video, which are just fucking phenomenal to every homeschool family. I will be your champion. Do not vote Democrat. They're looking to destroy you. If you don't mind me saying that Joe Biden can't put two sentences together, and yet he's looking to destroy you. Do not vote Democrat. Do not vote for crook and Joe vote for honest Donald, thank you very much. It's funny because in the video when he says vote for honest Donald, he also starts to crack up because he knows how ridiculousness is. God, I vote for croaking Joe, vote for Arnest Nuddled, Thank you very much, Very very cool. They're looking to destroy you if you don't might be saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you don't mind me, a man who rarely asked permission to say the most exane shit.
Speaker 2: So even if parents are not choosing to homeschool. Trump wants to let voters know that he will fight for parents' rights, which isn't quite a dog whistle, but it does refer to a very specific style of patriarchal rhetoric popularized by hyper religious conservative think tanks that propose an extremely narrow version of how the American family should operate within society. More on this later, But so what can Trump do to let right wing religious parents know that he will be their champion even in like blue states or big cities. As much as Trump might want to be a dictator, he doesn't have unlimited power to impose his war on wokeness in liberal cities. But Donald Trump, who was impeached for trying to blackmail the president of Ukraine in summer of twenty nineteen, does have a plan. He wants to quote implement massive funding preferences and favorable treatment unquote for states and school districts that make four specific quote historic reforms and education that Trump has decreed. These four specific reforms include abolishing tenure for K through twelve teachers so that we can quote remove bad teachers and adopt merit pay to reward good teachers. The second is to quote drastically cut the blowed number of school administrators, including the costly and divisive and unnecessary DEI bureaucracy. Third to adopt a parental bill of rights that includes complete curriculum transparency in a form of universal school choice. And lastly, quote implement the direct election of school principles by the parents. Trump calls this last bit the ultimate form of local control, something our country has never had, or at least has not had for the last fifty years. So those are his four reform plans, which is like, yeah, you know who's had it too easy for too long, teachers. Let's abolish ten year adopt merit pay a disaster of a system, cut administrative roles, put more work on teachers, have parents be able to fire fire principles by voting, and a vote to elect their own principle, and universal school choices is actually more of a dog whistle that it just refers to a series of like very racist, like urban planning policies to direct rich white people's funding into a very few, selected number of schools instead of where they actually like live and instead of the actual district they live in. So there's all of that, and like what Trump keeps coming back to. Among all these quote unquote reforms, it all kind of relates to complete parental dominance. And part of this was the parental Bill of Rights, which you've probably seen some conservatives talking about more these past few years. And this is another quote from Trump here. It's all about the parents for their children, more than anyone else. Parents know what their children need. And if you haven't heard of a parental bill of rights directly, you most certainly have heard of one by another name that don't say gay bill that was a parental rights bill, a sensibly targeting education, but these bills often end up giving parents just complete control over every aspect of the child's life. They dictate how children are allowed to express themselves and allow parents to impose nearly any discipline or punishment. They desire total control over what the child eats, what they wear, what they read, what they watch, what they see online, and what they're allowed to learn in school, who they're allowed to socialize with. Some of these bills that I read through for this also bar mandatory masking policies and schools back when that was the thing, and then are often full of anti vax talking points and attempts to ban sex ed and quote unquote gender politics. As a part of these bills, teachers in school administration are legally required to act as parental surveillance tools to report how a child behaves, how they socialize, how they dress, how they like to be referred to, and who they are friends with. This includes outing children as gay or trans to parents if anyone in the school suspects that the student has a non heterosexual sexual orientation or is acting in any way inconsistent with their assigned gender at birth. These types of bills often have other consequences as well. In states where some of these bills have passed, like North Carolina, due to legal risks, some elementary schools have been unable to talk about or give out educational materials on consent or how to identify when child sexual abuse is taking place as a part of the Safe Touch programs. These programs are basically unable to happen because teachers will now be held personally legally liable if any parent objects to this material. So parental rights bills have been signed into law in six states over the past two legislative years, famously Florida as well as Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Iowa, and North Carolina. Since then, similar bills have been introduced to more than twenty five states, many of which have passed through at least one chamber. Some of them are still in the process of either passing through a second chape or being signed by the governor. Yeah, I'm gonna end with two quotes here from uh from Trump that kind of reiterate this this this parental dominance thing that he's really pushing for. And also people like Ronda Santists have been pushing forward Tad Cruz, a lot of a lot of a lot of writing politicians quote as the saying goes, personnel is policy. And at the end of the day, if we have pink haired communists teaching our kids, we have a major problem. When I'm president, we will put parents back in charge and give them the final say. We will get back to teaching reading, writing, and math called arithmetic, and we will kill our kids the high quality pro American education they deserve. They're gonna teach you math called arithmetic, magnificence amazing. We may spend the most, but we're going to be tops in education no matter, no matter where you go anywhere in the world. We're gonna be top in education.
Speaker 3: There will be no bottoms in the American education system going forward.
Speaker 2: So this is this is Donald Trump, the second host of the TV show The Apprentice, who is run for public office. This is his plan for education. Doctor jam Stout, how do you feel about about these education reform proposals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't. It doesn't seem like a rare idea, if I'm being honest, Having having listened to it, I think perhaps he hasn't got the uh, the sharpest grasp on what's going on in the education system. The reason we have education is because your parents don't necessarily know what's best for you, right, Like.
Speaker 2: Your parents can't be an expert in everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, so some of us go and get PhDs so we can, and then we teach your people how the important things about that, like you're by definition your parents cannot fulfill all the roles in an education system fulfills and.
Speaker 2: Like unlike pink haired communists who have complete who have complete total control over every aspect of what a child should learn.
Speaker 3: It's one of the things when you enter the university, you know, like they did a tuberculosis test and then they pass you a pink hair dye, and I mean you get a nose piercing as well.
Speaker 2: A lot of this is very much reminiscent of like the the fears of like communist education that you see in like the nineteen thirties. How there's a lot of political a lot of political tension trying to be raised over the fear that there's communists teaching you in universities and schools.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's interesting because at the same time.
Speaker 2: Like Frankfurt school style stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I've written a lot about like anarchist ideals educational ideals, right, so at the same time, they were anarchists in Spain being like, you know, we should we should do all our classes in the forest. Let's just go out into the forest. Or absolutely there was a school by the sea where they talked kids like they were just having this incredible utopian education dream, which in many ways we still haven't adapted to some of the things that that really could offer, and instead, yeah, we're having this McCarthyism Part two.
Speaker 2: Well, great, that is that is Trump's plan for education. In case, in case you didn't know, So watch out for those pink cared communists. Keep an eye out for any parental bill of rights being proposed in your state, and it is probably has little little to do with actually protecting children and more to do with making parents just a complete dominating force and controlling every aspect of their child's life. And I mean, the other sins we're thinking about this is like it removes access to for for kids to talk about things that that they may be upset about.
Speaker 3: And access to mandated reporters, like exactly, a mandated reporter like this seems to exactly gets away from that exactly.
Speaker 2: And and I mean the idea that that that schools are going to be legally required to out a child if he's if they're acting like perceived to be deviant in some like gender actual way. Like all of these things are just ways to enable parental abuse in a variety of like ways that are explicit and non explicit. And it's it's it's it's it's quite it's quite upsetting. And that's the that's the thing that conservatives are currently trying to push forward. This is a big topic. This stuff was talking about in the Republican primaries that were completely useless constantly stuff like this is something this is referred to while in evoking this fear of like this pink haired transgender communist teacher just currently like the biggest threat to America according to most conservatives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can take us down from the inside.
Speaker 2: That and jihadism, which are probably linked somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think, Well it's the pink head, your hottest, the famous.
Speaker 2: Well that isn't for us today. What are we going to be learning about next for Agenda forty seven.
Speaker 3: Games, Well, we're going to be learning next about immigration Donald Trump's border policies. Many of you will be shocked to hear that they're not very good. And well, I have two classes to sell if you're if you're in San Diego and you want to get in before they take the Marxism out of the education system, you can but strike now.
Speaker 2: I do love how I do love how much of this is. Like do you know who's had it easy for too long? Transgender teachers there they're having.
Speaker 3: Out yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the people who are so fucking broke they have to have like go fundme's up for their gender reassignment surgery, the.
Speaker 2: Great wonderful stuff. Yeah, all right, we will be back tomorrow to talk about Trump's border policies, things that will probably be totally normal, totally chill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very very similar to fucking Faddy. They are similar to Biden's, but that's a whole other just terpy.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other discussions. All right, see you on the other side. Bye, hello, and welcome.
Speaker 3: DA could happen here Pocus where my friend Garrison Davis and I inc her countless amounts of trauma by watching videos of Donald Trump talking about things he doesn't understand. How are you doing today, Garrison.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm doing fine and peachy on this wonderful spring afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll sort that out for you. We'll bring you back down because what we gathered here today to discuss, Garrison, is that we talked about gender forty seven yesterday. So hopefully people have listened. If you haven't, you know, you can go back and understand what gender forty seven is. This short version is that it's Donald Trump's policy platform for his proposed second term. Right, if he gets elected in twenty twenty four, and there is a lot of agenda forty seven, we'll.
Speaker 2: Breaking down a lot of forty seven. Yeah, yeah, arguably too much agenda forty seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, so yeah, yeah, one could argue that, I think quite compellingly, what we're talking about today is his board of immigration policy. And I don't think it'll shock anyone to hear that these are major pillars of forty seven. Right. He kind of launched his political career with an incredibly bigoted speech about migrants, and it's been the real through line, Like the only thing, one of the few things where he actually was able to be efficient enough to do a large amount of harm was at the border and with immigration right, and it certainly seems like he has plans to a lot more in twenty twenty four. Post twenty twenty four, I guess Biden's tried to counter this by lurching to the right, but he's handled a lot of people in the process. But this hasn't stopped Trump without taking a breath out flanking him far to the right on immigration policy. So that's what we're going to talk about today. So gender forty seven website. It's structured with a series of these scripted rumble videos which are embedded and then in a spectacular own goal also transcripted, which just like like Garrison said yesterday, it is a joy to read Donald Trump speaking without hearing Donald Trump speaking, it is you never know what coming next, like it consistently blindsides you. No one can the best to ever do it, and no one, no one could replicate Donald Trump. So a lot of the pages detail his proposed actions on his first day in office, right what he's going to do with his executive power or which, as we'll go into, he seems to be this is not a man who attended to civic class and paid attention.
Speaker 2: Well because because it was weaponized.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, he he's loving American didn't go okay. The other things address like cloudy right wing talking points which in many cases kind of either fictional or over exaggerated, are not really related to what's going on with the border and midration, and he sort of proposes quite unquote solutions often it's not exactly clear how or if these things are legal, but I think, as we'll get into, that doesn't really matter. His big theme going through all of his immigration content is to end what he calls automatic citizenship for children. I'm not going to do the voice. I can't do the voice.
Speaker 2: Because you're cursed with your britishness. Blessed yes, yeah, sure, yea God chosen people. Okay, yeah, average average Christian identity opinion heverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, big, big Christian identity opinion have it. Okay. So Donald Trump, right, his big thing is taking a swing at the Fourteenth Amendment, right, at birthright citizenship. It's very funny that it's not funny. Actually it's quite fucked. But if you're not familiar, the Fourteenth Amendment right was passed after the Civil War, and in the first part of the Fourteenth Amendment, there's a sentence that reads, all persons born or naturalized in the United States and the subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: That sounds very simple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does, doesn't it. It does. What you're not considering garrison is like fringes on the flag tier legal bullshit, which Donald Trump and his camp, unsurprisingly are pursuing. We're going to get to a little bit about this later. This is they're not the first group of people to make ending birth right citizenship the whole thing right. It's been a sort of a bugbear on the right for a while. So, as I said, the Fonding for Men was strongly opposed by Confederate States after the Civil War. Right, but they were forced to ratify it in order to regain representation in Congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get fucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So John Donald Trump's now bringing, I guess, coming back on behalf of the Confederacy to challenge the Fourteenth to make in any such cases in this and many other ways. That's why they call him stone Wall Trump, do they they? Yeah? Wait, really no, I don't think I mean, I guarantee, I guarantee. Let's just google it real quick. Let's see what comes up Stonewall Trump. It's going to be one of two things. Stone Wall really splits. Wow. Okay, now there's some curse stuff there. Google that your own risk.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the Fourteenth Amendment has been really pivotal in American history. It's one of the most litigated amendments to the Constitution.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: It gave us the Road decision, which has now been overheard, give us the Obergefel decision, which legalizes the same sex marriage. Gave us Brown versus Board of Education. More relevant here is that it superseded the dread Scott case and shrind in law the right if anyone born in the USA, regardless of race or a snithety to be a citizen, and it has a few exemptions, like I think the children of foreign diplomats and visiting heads of state are not US citizens. So like King Charles couldn't come over here, have another kid and then have that kid be a dual citizen. Trump proposes that he's going to stop this immediately on entering office by executive order.
Speaker 2: Can you remove an amendment of the Constitution by executive order? James, I'm not a legal expert by any means.
Speaker 3: No. No, Look, I am a historian of anarchists in Spain. This is not the center of my area of expertise. But I'm pretty confident, like without going full seth Abramson here, that no, you can't. You can't just do that because it certainly feels wrong. Yeah, it seems like it doesn't pass the smell test. No, I think if American history would be very different if you could change the Constitution by executive order. But this isn't going to stop Donald Trump crying. The specific case he has a beef with is US versus one kim Ark. It's called it's a couple of people who were Chinese nationals who have a kid in the United States and the Supreme Court found that their kid would citizen right. We don't need to go into the case, sure, but Republicans have been on this for a long time. I think they really began to get concerted momentum behind it during the Obama administration. Obviously before Obama was elected, right, Donald Trump sort of really entered politics with his birth a lives right and this idea that was not a US citizen therefore was not eligible for the presidency, and sort of that tendency continued in Republican politics. Lindsey Graham, a man who looks like a melting slath, attempted to introduce a constitutional amendment during the Obama administration, failed to do so. I don't think he actually ever introduced it. I think he just sort of shopped it around see if he could get support, and then failed. This has been a continuing theme since. Actually, Matt Gates, along with Gosas Santos and some other representatives, tried to institu a House resolution last year ending birthright citizenship. Trump has also been cooking up some rather unique legal theories about this for a while. In twenty eighteen, he claimed that you don't need a constitutional amendment to change the fourteenth Amendment. He also repeatedly claimed that birthright citizenship is something that's either rare or in some cases, he claimed it's unique to the United States, which is not true. There are about thirty countries that offer birth right citizenship. The legal justification that he offers most often comes from someone called John Eastman. Do you know who John Eastman is? Garrison?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 3: Johnny'sman was one of the legal architects of Trump's plan to overturn the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: He has also been indicted in the Georgia case against Trump and his co conspirators. Johnnysmonan also tried to do birth a shit about Kamala Harris. Many of you will be able to draw the line between Karmala Harris and Barack Obama and perhaps the underlying motivation for their birth and stuff. But Eastman is contending, I guess that the quote subjects to the jurisdiction thereof element of the fourteenth Amendment means that somehow people who live in the United States, work in the United States, and pay tax in the United States are not subject to its jurisdiction if they're not citizens themselves, which look, it doesn't matter how Like I think the big thing I want you guys to take away from this is but everything he wants to do is probably illegal, and none of that really matters, right, because we'll have a court like he's he's got a Supreme Court which has but it's packed with Republicans, right, and it.
Speaker 2: Has constantly affirmed his ability to do crimes and get off with basically no punk.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, like, this is a man who tried to do a coup and it's standing for election again, Like the court system is not going to save us. If he has enough time and he can and enough political will, he will try and do this. And I think it's not unreasonable to expect that he will attempt buy executive order on the first day of his presidency to take birthright citizenship away from the children of undocumented migrants. Garrison, do you know what won't take rights away from your children?
Speaker 2: I forget what food service box we have and therefore cannot make jokes about on air. But it's one of them. One of them can, one of them can't. And you have to know which one, whatever one advertises, is the good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, always it'll be when they speak really fast at the end, just just slow that down. You hear them talking about your children. We're back. We hope you enjoyed this outwards. The second thing Donald Trump is big mad about is something called birth tourism. What that he calls birth tourism?
Speaker 2: Right, it's okay, I think, I think I see where this is going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's when you take a holiday to the the womb, you go into like a pod and it's very I thought.
Speaker 2: It's where you take a holiday sumwhmer to pop out of kin and they get automatic citizenship.
Speaker 3: That's what it actually is. Yeah, which is a great plan. Yeah. Yeah, you go on holiday to like an all inclusive resort and then you don't have to pay for your birth expenses because they're included when you go to your inclusive resort. It's a great deal for everyone.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't think of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, many few people have. But now now the words out and it might close that loophole. What I think interesting about his quote unquote birth tourism claims. It's not like obviously this again has been a right wing talking point for a long time. Right, it's that in this particular section of the Agenda forty seven website. He includes links to provide evidence for some of his claims, which is a bold move for Donald Trump, a man who excus evidence. But what he links to is the Center for Immigration Studies, right, the CIS. The CIS is an extremely right wing thing tank. It's founded by someone called John Tantun and it's lifted by the SBLC as a hate group. The reason it's listed by the SBLC as a hate group is because it pretty consistently publishes the work of someone called Jason rich Wine, who is an unreconstructed race science guy, right, like a modern day phrenologist, if you will. This is a man who is so racist that he was forced to resign from the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 2: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I didn't know what was possible. Actually it was quite.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they had like a bar for that. Huh.
Speaker 3: No, two races for the Heritage Foundation.
Speaker 2: Is is quite racist gravestone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they probably will after CIS when there's a bit of a blow up about this is during the first round presidency and CIS claim they it wouldn't be unusual to occasionally include a racist or an anti semite, given the volume of content they put out. So this led to the Southern Poverty Law Center conducting an analysis of their weekly newsletter. I'm going to read you a summary of that analysis now. Southern Poverty Law Center and the Center for New Community examined approximately four hundred and fifty of CIS's weekly emails dating back almost ten years and found that CIS circulated over one thousand, seven hundred articles from vdare dot com. Garrison's face just looks like they've stepped in something horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have this podcast recording.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right, an average of three VEDA articles every week. Huh yeah, So that that's where Donald Trump is getting the bulk of his statistics and information, or at least Donald Trump isn't writing this stuff, right, I don't think he has the attention span. But whoever is writing his immigration policy, it is sourcing from vdare.
Speaker 2: Do we want to explain what the yeah is?
Speaker 3: Go off, Garrison. Let us know.
Speaker 2: So VEDE is like this white nationalist like anti immigration, not like a lobbying group, but like I kind of. They produce a whole bunch of rhetoric and talking points about all of the big risks of immigration. It gets sent stuff to like Fox News. Trump's used this stuff before. It's it's not it's not great. They receive like dark money from conservative like funding groups like Donors Trust. It's it's it's way to it's finding a whole bunch of silly ways to try to justify their types of racism. And they are they are still a problem. They were founded nearly twenty five years ago and they're still They're still going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean they they've compared the anti white rhetoric to the Rwandan genocide before, and just they What I think is important to hear about v DAY is that they exist to take straight up hate rhetoric and insert it to mainstream politics.
Speaker 2: And yes, they take stuff from like actual, like like very like recognized like white nationalist groups and turn it into rhetoric that is acceptable on Fox News.
Speaker 4: That is their entire goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and cis one might argue, exists to take that VDA stuff and dress it up as research article, statistics information that might inform policy. There's a bunch of stuff in his sort of abolished birth right sitsonship that I don't think we need to get into. He talks a lot about birth Hotel. He links to a National Affairs op ed from Peter Shuck and Rogers Smith. These are the people who have really been like the originators of the abolished birthright citizenship movement. They wrote a book about it, I think in nineteen eighty five. It's also worth noting just so, like Trump repeatedly claims in his little videos that children can then make their parents citizens as soon as they become citizens. Like so, if someone was undocumented, right and their child became a citizen in the child, you know, five year old child consponsored and for citizenship, and a way they are now the whole family is is American citizens right. And then the logic of this website goes that like Biden imports these people, they all become citizens, they all vote for the Democrats, right, And this is sort of the great replacement theory with a couple more steps. It's worth noting the children have to be twenty one to sponsor a parent, and if that parent has entered the country in an undog commented way, then the parent has to leave for a decade and then come back to apply. It's not possible to simply citizenize your parents as soon as you become a citizen by birth right citizenship. It would be an extremely long game to try and have a kid in order to gain your own citizenship. I've met thousands of migrants who have entered between ports of entry, right, I've never met anyone who have articulated this this sort of goal, this this route to citizenship. He then goes on he has this like like it's literally a bullet pointed list of border policies.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: These include quote unquote extreme vetting at a quote national vetting center. That's a little that's a little worrying that the national vetting center.
Speaker 2: Who's going to be doing this vetting? What are they vetting for? Who are they vetting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the migrants. Who's going to be doing the vetting probably the people who forced women to have abortions in their custody and lost thousands of children and have been able to relocate their families. So that'll be great. It's not also clear what they're vetting for. He doesn't say that specifically. He does say that he wants to quote unleash interior immigration enforcement, which anyone who's lived in the United States in the last decade may have noticed. So we in fact have interior immigration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that has been unleashed.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's kind of me as whole Twitter thing. But yeah, I think I guess this is part of his massive deportation thing, right, his goal to deport undocumented people. He does not at any point differentiate between undocumented people in the asylum secrets. He seems to see them as one of the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they're all good, dangerous illegals or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: And anyone crossing the border for any reason other than with a visa in hand to him, falls into this, like should be deported.
Speaker 2: If you are a certain skin tone? Yes, yeah, yeah, VI's a plus. The skin tone is what makes it okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I think it's probably fair. And what else has he got on his lord list here? Let's see, there's ending federal grants to sanctuary cities. I'm not quite sure how he thinks that would work or what exactly he means by federal grants, like we're just going to stop having highways in California. That, yeah, yeah, let's return. I'm ready. I'll be riding my bike everywhere like a king. He also talks about and he calls he ending quote catch and release at the border. It's not clear what he means by this.
Speaker 2: I've certainly heard this term a lot the past year. Catch and release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like catching release was used to refer sometimes to Title forty two, a policy that Trump put in place whereby migrants would be caught and immediately turned back into Mexico and released there, and they generally try and cross again. And we've covered it's an entire series I made on Title forty two. Right. Another of his uh, his weird little bugbears is ending the visa lottery. Are you familiar with the visa lottery? Garrison? Roughly, but not super Okay, So the visa lottery is more properly called something called the Diversity Visa Program. It allows for up to fifty five thousand immigrant visas a year for individuals from countries that are underrepresented in the US immigration system. So it's literally there to increase diversity, right, I guess it's d I. It's d I. He must have recorded this before di I was a big deal because he doesn't have that shame.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how much equity there is going to be in the lottery program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, you're about to find out Garrison Okay. Trump has repeatedly suggested that he believes that this diversity visa program consists of non US countries raffling off green cards like you pay and then they draw your number. That that's not how it works. It's the United States who decides gets them. It's a computer program that selects about fifty thousand applicants from about fifteen million. I have met probably hundreds of people who have applied for diversity visas. I meet them all the time every time I'm traveling for work. Myanmar, Thailand, Iraq, Kurdistan, and Syria, like You'll meet people from all these places who have tried to apply for the system. Most of them end up not getting it because the odds are very slim. Sure, when they do get it, they then have to go through a series of vetting processes, and then they have to make an appointment at a consulate. One of the last parts of the process making appoints at a consulate to get an interview. Right, what the Trump administration did last time was stop people from getting appointments at consulates, citing COVID right that they couldn't with the COVID restriction to get an appointment. That meant that de facto because you only have seven months once you get awarded the visa to fulfill the process us and get the paper visa and begin your travel. Those people weren't able to get it, and they had to go back to the start right, which is crushing, Like, I know how much of their money and hope people allocate to these programs and to be told like, yeah, you got it, it's incredibly rare, and then to be like, oh, actually you can't make the appointment. Screw you. It's crushing. Now the Biden administration, in all fairness, has restored their right to book an interview, but it's moved to the bottom of the priority list. So in practice it's still happening that people can be they can quote unquote win the green card lottery and still not get a green card. It's a complete mess, and transporposal lists to entirely do away with it, this would require legislation that doesn't matter. He also has a little there's like a one sentence where he claims that Biden's border policies are killing migrants, and weirdly, he links to an NPR article about it. He's not wrong, like he is absolutely not wrong. Like but but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. The butt is that Donald Trump would kill a lot more great. I mean yeah, I mean is are those also?
Speaker 2: Are those like referring specifically to Biden stuff or like the stuff that like like that like Governor Abbott's doing, like what.
Speaker 3: It's the increase in border crossings and bordered deaths from twenty twenty to present. Much of that is due to Trump's Title forty two policy that Biden wholeheartedly supported defended in court. Right, because when people were caught and then released back across the border, they often they were offered unlimited crossings by the people who were like helping them cross, or they the facto, had unlimited chances to cross because they're just being dropped back in Mexico, right, Yeah, They're often they're dropped without any resources in places where they have no community. So they try and cross again, and they end up going to more and more remote places because they don't want to get caught, right, or so they end up crossing in the places where there are gaps in the wall. Those tend to be very and those tend to be the places where people die. So you can map the deaths and you can you can see this in real time happen.
Speaker 2: And Trump's pretending to find this to be a problem.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Trump is very sad about this. He's big sad. So he's gonna he's gonna make a kind of gender immigration system. It's garson.
Speaker 2: Do you know.
Speaker 3: Do you know what else? It is kinder and gentler than the immigration system. Well, I guess ads. I mean, I don't know if ads might kill less people, but it's really hard to say. Yeah, it's I think they probably would. I think we can we can confidently say now that cigarette ads are are What if it's a banana advert, because then you can get into the whole sort of you know, like.
Speaker 2: All right, well here, let's play these ads.
Speaker 3: We're back. Enjoy your fruit.
Speaker 2: I love call fruit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then nothing, Grow your own fruit. That's the message of this podcast. And then if we didn't have if we did grow our own fruit, we wouldn't have destabilized many of the countries that these migrants are coming from.
Speaker 2: Beautiful Georgia, peaches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we destabilized Georgia. A boy can dream. So there's a couple of other bugbears, little sort of things that Trump has. One of them is benefits for migrants. Now, this is something that's been hopping around the right wing for a while. It's really been more sort of one of their talking points in the last few months. I think like since right wings stream has certainly started coming to places where I volunteered on the border, I've heard them talking about it, and I tried not to hear them talking, So they might have been talking about it for and I was just not paying attention. Just be super clear, undocumented people are not eligible for most benefits. Even people with legal status have a range of hurdles. Even if you have even if you have a green card, there's a lot of you can't yes. Yeah, And there are also public charge rules, which in some cases some forms of assistants might be a hurdle if you are looking to change your immigration status, So even if you had accepted them, that that might stop you moving along the immigration pathway. That's only for things like SSI and TANF. But I don't think we need to go into the nitty gritty of it. He claims that people are coming here to live off benefits he calls quote welfare and a gigantic magnet drawing people from all over the world. They want to come to the United States. They want to feast off the sweat and savings of the American taxpayer. Feasting off sweat is not a beautiful image, but well no, it's He continues to claim that these migrants also take American jobs right so at once claiming unemployment benefits and taking American jobs. And again, like, I don't think Donald Trump stuff has to line up for it to be dangerous. Just to like inject a moment of factual analysis. Again, you have to wait at least five months after applying for work permit. When you arrivee her as a refugee to get a work permit. You may not apply straight away. Many people wait for a year or more without the right to work. Undocumented workers working under the table, a hugely underpaid, very frequently abused, and the reason again where your fruit is cheap. He says in his Day one plan that he's going to stop migrant workers taken American jobs by having like American hiring provisions for all federal agencies. Federal agencies are not hiring undocumented people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's simply not happening.
Speaker 3: That is just that is like, believe me, I am a person who has been a migrant to this country. The amount of bullshit you have to go to to even do a government job like teaching is a large amount of bullshit. And they absolutely are not hiring undocumented people. I bring this garrison to the final pillar of the Trump immigration policy and fit one garrison. I want you to take a moment to listen to this clip of Donald Trump explaining the well researched information that he uses to develop his immigration policy.
Speaker 6: I was thrilled to host a screening at Bedminster of the important new film Sound of Freedom, about the power of faith in overcoming evil, and in particular the evil of child trafficking, big problem. We had it down to the lowest number in many years just four years ago, and now it's gone through the roof, even though the fake news media has tried to ignore it. Sound of Freedom has been a national sensation and a colossal success at the box office.
Speaker 4: Really big numbers.
Speaker 6: Everyone should see it. This is a very important film and very important movie, and it's a very important documentary all wrapped up in one.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's crazy, yeah film. Yeah, it's like you're sliding another I there in between L and M.
Speaker 3: I've heard spoken around the world, and I've never heard that pronounced that way.
Speaker 2: Curious choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a fascinating man.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, besides the point like most of those Had A Freedom tickets were but by right wing billionaires and were completely empty seats.
Speaker 3: He goes on to detail the exact number of dollars it took in the opening week to talk about how it's such a success. Yes, decent, A decent amount of his entire child drafting policy. Is him describing the film The Freedom. It's incredible, like that was that was a gift that I did not. This is if you read the transcript, you miss out on some of these absolute easter eggs Trump leaves for us.
Speaker 2: I think I think I saw a clip of him at a rally recently where he was talking about Center Freedom and he also said it like that, No, it was I know what it was. It was talking about David Lynch. When there was that misquote about about Lynch saying like like Trump seems like like like an energetic guy or something, and he's like Philim Pillim director David Lynch endorsed me for president. It's like, okay, that's not whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then he's uh yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's he's been saying this way for like almost ten years at least, because that's insane.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Because because that yeah, because that clip was from like the twenty fifteen campaign rallies.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's so it's not Yeah, wow, the power of simility an incredible thing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: If any anyone else, anyone we could do like the NPR thing, if you if they said film where you come from?
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone else, says Phil, I really don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, there's not a Yeah, he just comes up with this stuff from a blank slate. Well that's cool, Yeah, anyone else is cool.
Speaker 2: It's uh, this is all of this video is called like Trump calls for a death penalty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're.
Speaker 2: Laughing and we're laughing about pronunciation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, unfortunately, Garrison, it's time to stop laughing because yes, Donald Trump, I'm going to outline a death penalty thing. Quote. I will urge Congress to ensure that anyone caught trafficking children across our border receives the death penalty immediately. And that includes also for women, because women, as you know, are number one in trafficking children are actually number two. That's the sentence which you could pick apart for a long time. What does he mean by trafficking That is extremely unclear. He seems to mean the arrival of people in the United States.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, that's kind of what it sounds like. Yeah, Like, it sounds like it just means crossing the border.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he well because he he also says, quote, I will use Title forty two to end the child trafficking crisis by returning all traffic children to their families in their home countries and without delay. I made an entire fucking series on Title forty two. I recorded it in a week, and then I wrote it in a week, and then we edited it. And it has destroyed me and I have never recovered. Title forty two does absolutely nothing about child trafficking. Title forty two returns all migrants or anyone crossing the border between ports of entry to Mexico, which suggests that he sees all these people as trafficked, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It also absolutely does not reunite children with their families. This is the administration that separated families at the border and has in some cases been unable to find the parents of the children. It's separated. Friends of mine have worked for a very long time, very hard, absolutely not for the Trump administration, trying to find those people's families. But it's really interesting that he is talking about Title forty two again. Title forty two, if you're not familiar, as a public health law, right, it's to stop the introduction of infectious disease into United States. It's a very old law that was initially designed around tuberculosis. So, and we know that the Trump administration planned to use Title forty two before coronavirus was a Coronavirus is already a thing before COVID nineteen with the thing right, So he's just being completely open about his idea to manipulate public health law in a way that allows him to do things immigration law would not allow him to do.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: He also finishes up, I guess by making his claim once again he goes back to the well that is the fucking border war. Right. I'm just going to quote here. We created the most secure border in US history, dealing a major blow to the cartels in traffickers. We built hundreds of miles of war, we renovated hundreds of miles of war, we built hundreds of miles of war. We never had anything like it. And then I got Mexico free of charge to give us twenty eight thousand soldiers to protect us from people coming into our country illegally. It's not going to surprise anyone that this is bullshit, right. Trump first made this hundreds of miles of war claim in a debate with Biden. I filed a foyer for a new war building that night. The best estimate I can come up with, based on the documents I got from Foyer and from other people's foyers, is that they built about eighty five miles of new war. They did replace several hundred miles of war, and in some cases that went from a pretty insignificant barrier to a pretty large one. The twenty eight thousand soldier thing this will shock you was also not true. There was an agreement at twenty nineteen with Mexico that didn't list a specific number of troops, but it did say that most of them will be in the southern half of the country and Mexico's border with Guatemala. He then goes on just a complete tangent where he says I will rage war on the cartels, just as I destroyed the ISIS Caliphate one hundred percent gone, one hundred percent destroyed.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's why that in Russia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say, yeah, it's all gone. Yeah. ISIS car bombed the street that I stayed on a couple of weeks after I left in October.
Speaker 2: Like, this is why the ISIS press people are like begging people to like to believe that ISIS is like still a thing. They're like, no, please, We're still real, We're still around, please, I'm a real boy. Yeah exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the Pinocchio Isis. That'll be a highly entertaining film. Look, I want to finish up by saying here that, like, as we saw in Donald Trump's first term, his malice is really only matched by his incompetence, and his incompetence at the border is much less important. I guess He's been able to be more competent at the border than he has been anywhere else in enacting his policies. He managed to do plenty of things in his first term that are unconstitutional, because the system only really works when the people playing the game agree that the rules of the game are more important than the outcome, and that's not the case with Donald Trump, Right. We know that the fact that he dedicated so much of his agenda forty seven pages to migration tells us that peddling great replacement theories is going to be a major part of his campaign and a major part of his second term if he gets one. The sources that he links to here tell us that he's as addicted to right wing rage bait as he ever was, and that he's still surrounded by cranks and crackpots with fringe on the flag level conspiracy theories. None of this stuff, none of my suggestions that what he's saying is false or illegal or impossible under the constitution mean that it's not dangerous.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I would have told you in twenty sixteen that it was illegal to bounce people back to Mexico without hearing their asylum claims, because it is. But we had it under a democratic president for three years. We had it under Trump for a year. Right, it still happened. He succeeded in moving the border and migration debate massively to the right, and we have Biden advocating for things that would not have flown like that. Clinton would have been a ghast at right, and just by Trump making this an issue, even if he doesn't get elected in November, Biden's going to try and fight him on this by claiming that he too is tough on the border, he too is tough on these fictional things like the taking of American jobs or migrants claiming public benefits or birthright citizenship right that Biden has completely failed to plow his own path on this, and he said he's entirely reactive to Trump. So I think I guess the big take home here is that whatever happens in November, things that the border are going to be terrible, just like they're terrible now.
Speaker 2: And and you can't just rely on politicians to do things at the border, like there's actually like you can't just push it away, be like, oh, now that so and so is in charge, now I don't have to think about It'd be like, well.
Speaker 3: That's the whole fucking problem, right. The reason that we are so broke, the reason that I personally am so broken and my truck is falling apart, is that that is what people are doing. At least with Trump. We got money in twenty eighteen when he held the MI caravan at the border in Tijuana. My friends and I were there doing mutual aid, and we did just what we're doing now in a cumba right. We fed people, we bought them blankets, we took care of them, and we stole them from dying. But at least libs sent us money, like we had tons of money. I remember spending one thousand dollars on soft toys in the Costco in Tijuana. That doesn't happen anymore because people think that they voted for the kind, gentle, nice guy. And I guess, like, I want people to look at this with the understanding that whatever happens at the ballot box, like you need to help with a board it because neither of these politicians are going to That's my speech. Thank you for listening to our podcast. Anything else, Garrison.
Speaker 2: No, No, But we will be back tomorrow with more exciting, exciting news about Yeah, what are we looking about sell an agenda either, Actually I don't know because we have not planned it out that far ahead. Throughout the rest of the week, we'll be talking about Trump's plans for handling the gender question, trump declaring war on cartels, and his plans to fix the pharmaceutical industry. So all stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 7: Welcome zacodapp gear podcast where the future president wants us to die and the current president doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 4: I'm your host Miah Wong with me as Garrison.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 7: Okay, so we're covering another aspect of Trump's agenda forty seven. All right, we're looking at President Trump's plan to protect children from left wing gender insanity. Now, despite that title, this is the least trumpy of all of these. He is just phoning this one the fucking It's the most hymn reading off a teleprompter I've ever seen in any speech he's ever given.
Speaker 2: Because historically he's never cared about this kind of stuff. He's just having to do it now to appease the people he needs to get votes from. But like, if you look at Trump's stances on transgender people historically, however, not good. They're not like a genocidyl. And you can really tell his heart, isn't it. It's in some of these he I.
Speaker 7: Mean, legitimately, he sounds like so someone doing an ad read for a Raige Shadow Legend.
Speaker 4: Sponsorship, Like it's it's he's so bored.
Speaker 7: There's like one It's funny because you can tell this is something I started happening in the middle of the administration. Was you could tell when his speech writers were just writing in a Trump word for him to say so it would look less like he was And they're doing it in this one. There's only like one genuinely trumpy thing in this Unfortunately, it all fucking sucks ass, It's quite bleak. So let's let's get into what exactly is in this. I would love to hear Trump's plan for the true genders. Yeah, so first he wants to end Biden's executive order on gender affirming care. Now you might be asking, wait, meal.
Speaker 4: What the fu?
Speaker 8: Wait what executive what executive order? I looked this up too, because I was like, wait, what is he talking about? So apparently, back in twenty twenty two, Biden issued a series of executive orders that were supposed to protect the rights of trans kids to get gender affirming care.
Speaker 2: So that didn't happen.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, now these weren't. Yeah, these were mostly stunningly ineffective. Well let's let's I'm going to quote from I finally found the actual executive which is disturbingly hard to find. The actual text of because everyone just wanted you to read the press release, because what's actually in it is, okay, the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, used the Department of Health and Human Services authority to project LGBTQI plus individuals access to medically necessary care from harmful state and local laws and practices. And I'll promote the adoption of promising policies and practices to support health equity, including in the area of mental health for LGBTQI youth and adults. Within two hundred days of this order, the Secretary of HHS SE develop and release sample policies for states to safeguard and expand access to health care for LGBTQI individuals and their families, including mental health care services. Now, let's pull out for one second to try to figure out what does that actually do. So what is being done there. The thing that is being commanded is that the Department of Health and Human Services make sample guidelines for state. And then there's another part where they were talking about how they were going to form a committee to study trans mental health care. Uh huh, so none of this did shit right, But this is the first thing that Trump's like, we're going to overturn this. I guess the actual substantive shift here is and we'll get to this in a bit. This didn't do anything. This was just a pr op he does. And this is funny because he does a series of these things every single trans day of visibility, and then nothing ever happens because ye as joke.
Speaker 2: We've had like so many states since twenty twenty two completely restrict healthcare for trans people under the age of eighteen, and I've not heard of a single instance where the federal government has intervened to to help to help a kid get puberty blockers in in a state like where they passed these sorts of bills.
Speaker 7: I will say this, The Justice Department has done lawsuits, sure, sure, and I think they won like one of them. So that's not literally nothing, it's just mostly nothing like And then this is the thing. It's coming through the judiciary, not through the federal bureaucracy. And that's a point of contrast that I want to get to because Trump, you know, and this is something that's that's always been true about sort of the use of executive power by democratic versus Republican presidents, right, sure, you know there are Like the Democrats sometimes do use like massive executive power overreach, things like, for example, Obama's claimed to have the legal authority to kill any man, woman, or child moment they self off the US or regardless of citizenship status, the thing that he used to kill a sixteen year old American citizen in Yemen, So that he does that sometimes, right, But they don't do anything useful with it. And now let's get to what Trump is going to do with this quote. Sign a new executive order instructing every federal agency to cease all programs to promote the concept of sex and gender and transition at any age. Ask Congress to permanently stop federal taxpayer dollars from being used to promote or pay for these procedures. Okay, so that's bad. What exactly this does is kind of murky. We're going to talk about planned parenthood in a second, because there's another one of these proposals that's a lot worse for plant parenthood, and.
Speaker 2: I guess that'd be going after some level of like government insurance. If you're trying to get medical care paid for if you have government insurance, I guess that'd be what that's trying to target.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's like two things.
Speaker 7: One and I think this is the main target is well, I don't know, it's sort of unclear, but the two main targets I think are any kind of federal education program that talks about queer people. Sure, and then the second one. Yeah, it's like if you're in the military, you won't be able to transition anymore because or if and this is actually a pretty big deal because there are a lot of federal employees. The federal employees health insurance would no longer cover any gender for macare. And this is for everyone, right because it's.
Speaker 2: Not Unfortunately a lot of transgender employees at the dot yep.
Speaker 4: So that's very bad.
Speaker 2: Why those drones?
Speaker 7: Oh god, oh you meant oh the you had DoD, Yes, the department, But no, you said do two probably a transportation I was like, well, yeah, that too.
Speaker 4: There's a bunch of well.
Speaker 2: Yes, because yes, I meant, I meant the DoD.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, you know, it's bad. There's an open question here about how exactly this works. So one question that I'm genuinely not sure about. There's a possibility this works like abortion funding where I So federal money can't go to promoting abortions. I think there's some very weird stuff with U said money overseas, So sometimes happens, but I don't know someone I'm not I'm not a USCID expert. But you know, so for example, you so if you are a clinic that does abortions, right, you can take federal money. You just can't use the federal money for the abortions. So it's possible that you know, for example, so one of the one of the the influm consent clinics in Chicago takes federal money for HIV treatment. Under this wording, it seems like they could still get federal funding for that, but they couldn't take any money for gender firming care. But also so Congress could just pass a bill that stops I'm pretty sure it could pass a bill that stops all funding for anyone who does this. So you know, this is something that's kind of interesting about these is that this stuff is all very very bad.
Speaker 4: It's also not quite.
Speaker 7: The maximalist genocidal policy yet, I think in large part because they haven't taken power and because the groups who are like pushing this stuff This is actually kind of an older this. This is from February twenty twenty three, So okay, it's actually a lot older than a lot of the other stuff here. And even even back like in twenty twenty three, the beginning of the year, stuff was less radical than.
Speaker 4: It is now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was before the big we must eliminate transgenderism. Yeah thing that started with the Daily Wire, and then Trump mirrored some of that rhetoric in his like a seapack talk from that spring. Yeah, it was kind of a ramp up like on some of like the quote unquote transgender ism rhetoric really was getting more popular on that time. The kind of groomer rhetoric from the year previous, twenty twenty two is starting to kind of fade away, and they were finding a new thing to replace it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So there's a good, just decent chance that this stuff is all actually much worse when it gets implanted. That's the way it's written right now, as best as I can tell. So the third one, and this one is a fiasco. Any hospital or healthcare provider who either gives up puberty blockers or does genderfirming surgery for miners, or gives hormones to miners can't accept Medicare or Medicaid, they get knocked off of the approved list. Okay, so that is a huge deal because that immediately knocks out planned parenthood.
Speaker 4: Who you plan pair?
Speaker 7: Who gets this like Sophie's choice thing of either you don't provide puberty blockers like you, you don't provide gender firming care of either like either sort of hormones or puberty blockers to kids, or you lose every single person who uses Medicare Medicaid. And that's a lot of people. That's like I've seen numbers that suggest it's like forty percent of people who use Planned parenthood use particularly Medicare, And this is a complete fiasco.
Speaker 2: I also wonder how this would impact like cis, children who need to be put on puberty blockers, because people forget that, like puberty blockers have been a thing for like decades and decades that are like well proven to be safe and effective for delaying puberty. It does not stop puberty from happening altogether. It does not cast straight you permanently or in any of these kind of wild claims.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and the stuff that's weird here too is like it's the language they're using is really inflammatory shit, So it's actually deeply unclear what the fuck they're talking about.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, and I've read a lot of these sorts of bills, even like the Arkansas bill targeting IVF. When these politicians are questioned about some of the language that would, ultimately, if written and acted upon as written, would like block a whole bunch of regular medical procedures from happening, they're often confused about why they're being asked about this because they're like, no, obviously things will continue on as normal, and if we have to amend the bill to like change this one little thing, then we'll do that. They don't actually think about all the little tiny ways that this will also just like interferes with like regular medical science. Yeah, and they just need digital care because they know it's because they're never in a prosecute for stuff like that. It just isn't it. They're genuinely not thinking about those other use cases at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And like I'm going to read the first sentence the first one of these, like the text of it revoke Joe Biden's cruel policies on so called gender affirming care and quotes a process that includes giving kids puberty blockers, mutating their physical appearance, and ultimately performing surgery on minor children. So that's like not real, that's not what gender affirming care is. So but the thing is right, it's fucking impossible to tell whether this would result in them actually banning all gender affirming care whatsoever, which includes other stuff as well, or if it's just a more limited ban like who the fuck knows, because they're not being specific at all, so this can mutate into a whole bunch of stuff. One of the other immediate sort of impacts of banning, particularly of banning medicaid, is that like there's a lot of trans people on it, because trans people are significantly poorer than SIS people. So I mean, just just to take like a random statistic op so, the unemployment rate right now in the US is three point eight percent. The unemployment rate for trans people is eighteen percent, which is nineteen thirty five great depression levels of unemployment. So you know, if you're a transperson out there and you're listening to people tell you how great the economy is, and you're like, what the fuck is going on, the answer is that you literally do not live in the same world as the cist people who are telling you this. You live the nineteen nineteen thirty five Great Depression. So yeah, and you know, so, so cutting off one of the ways that people can access medical care if they you know, can't afford it is a fucking disaster.
Speaker 4: This is going to I don't like, presumably if this.
Speaker 7: Goes through with, the only way that you're going to be able to get like gender affirming care if you're a kid is by having rich parents and going to like some kind of clinic that doesn't take Medicaid Medicare Medicaid. Yeah, so you know what else doesn't take Medicare Medicaid?
Speaker 4: Actually who knows? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Look, it's a bad time to ad pivots. Okay, so we're back, So okay, now, having gone into all of that detail, Number four is just quote pass a law prohibiting child sexual mutilation in all fifty states.
Speaker 2: So this is see, this is this is a great example of the thing I was just talking about, how like, theoretically, if one was as smart ass, you'd be like, oh, so you're banning circumcision. You're like, no, of course not, because they're they're not thinking about this sort of thing. This is this is like yeah, no, it's it's just yeah, trans kids can't get which also like almost never happens. There may be like one or two very bizarre like outliers where someone has gone through extensive therapy from a very young age that might result in them receiving such surgery at like sixteen or seventeen, but that is such a minuscule amount that that simply just does not happen. Yeah, in any real statistical notion, you know.
Speaker 4: But I mean, but this is one of these things.
Speaker 7: It's hard because it's like, okay, so like what are they actually what are they talking about?
Speaker 4: And the answer is who the fuck knows.
Speaker 2: This cure they think this is happening?
Speaker 4: Well no, But but also.
Speaker 7: Like because like the you know, one of the things that they do here, right is they'll they'll talk about female like they'll talk about like general and mutilations like whatever. But they're also include in a like puberty blockers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course because because to them, peuty blockers are like a chemical castration device.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's all you know, this is one of these things. But you know, but the thing I should mention about this one that is, I don't know. It's something I'm short of resident to talk about because I I don't know, like, I don't like I'm torn between wanting to spread panic and wanting to be like, well, this is probably what's going to happen. But there's a non zero chance that with how far this stuff has gone, they Republicans take the House in the Senate, that this bill turns into just a full band, because that's what's being pushed for now by the sort of constituencies that this stuff is for. It's just like a full band and all care. It's way less popular than even the anti TRANSCITD stuff, which is not very popular. But on the other hand, like this is I mean, this entire thing is just Trump sort of like being like yeah, sure whatever to these like these weird anti transdiptions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there certainly are a percentage of Republican politicians and like right wing influencers who do want some of these bills to expand up to just including everyone or everyone under the edge of twenty five. As as we've mentioned before, I still don't think there's it's it's it's too far off to say whether or not this is like something to actually like worry about in any in any real sense. It's it's it's too murky.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But on the other hand, he is he is very explicit on just banning all banning care for minors. Like that's this thing that he's very like, that's just in the text.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: The next one is one of the this is like one of the sort of almost every bill that gets passed by a state legislature now has this provision that creates like quote the private right of action for victims to sue doctors for anyone who got any kind of gender for mccare as a minor.
Speaker 4: This is We've talked about this on the show before. This is this is you know, this is.
Speaker 7: A thing that lets d transgrifters who think that God talks to them like try to go and destroy like doctors and clinics. Yeah, it's one of the tactics that they use to try to like run people who they can't otherwise go after legally out of existence. So you know, that's like a that's just a sort of normal, classic anti trans thing that they want to bring to And well, I guess the other important part of it is is having this on a national level, lets them target clinics in like blue states that they otherwise normally wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's the big goal of a lot of this federal stuff is being able to actually have it effect, like in New York, California, the other half of the country. Whereas because right wing governors are doing all this sort of stuff in a lot of the red states, but that is not satisfying to a lot of these people. They the reason why this is being pushed on off level is to try to put as much pressure on blue states as they can, just out of the desire for sheer human misery. Yep.
Speaker 7: Now speaking of the desire for human misery. So there is just a there is one very trump one that I've actually haven't seen before, quote direct the Department of Justice to investigate big pharma and the big hospital networks to determine whether they deliberately covered up horrific long term side effects of quote sex transitions to get rich at the expense of vulnerable patients, or illegally marketed hormones and puberty blockers which are in no way licensed or approved for this use.
Speaker 2: That's that's deeply fundy because it's just like nothing he's saying is real.
Speaker 7: No, like, all that's fake. The long term side effects of sex transition is being extremely based and cool, but.
Speaker 2: No, like there's also there's just nothing to support any of that notion. So even if the DJ does investigate this, they're not gonna find anything because no one's trying to market testosterone or estrogen to like make money off of it.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: This is one thing that certain freaks at the Daily Wire try to like talk about being like, Ooh, the shady pharmaceutical companies are making all this money off of estrogen. It just isn't true because not Yeah, most people aren't paying for estrogen anyway, They're getting it through like health insurance that the most I have to pay for is the fucking needles.
Speaker 7: Well and also and also think about estrogen, is like the majority of the people who get estrogen urs sists women.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Like so.
Speaker 2: The majority of people who get testosterone are male bodybuilders.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And it's like, like, have you ever fucking tried to like get a like get like like even something like facial feminization surgery, which is like technically speaking, is like a fairly highly paid from when use plastic surgeon do you know how long the waiting lists are for that you can't even pay them to do this to you. You have to pay them and then wait for fucking years because no one does it.
Speaker 2: It's like it's it's something that I think coming off of like the epidemic, we have certain influencers online who are trying to like find different ways to tie in big pharma to whatever thing they're currently talking about, and they're trying to do that with trans healthcare, and it just it is Honestly, it doesn't the reason why you hardly get talked about because because it doesn't lead anywhere. It'll get a passing mentioned and the what is a Woman documentary, it'll get this passing mentioned by Trump, but like you don't actually see anything on the legislative level actually targeting this because it's just there's just nothing to do. There's nothing to investigate. Also, all of these drugs are approved and tested for all of these things. Yeah, yeah, it happened for like decades, so like it's it's it's simply not real.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, this is the thing where I think the actual effect of this with DJ would just be Trump doing like random witch hunts and like going through and like rating patients files for shit, which.
Speaker 2: Like Peppa, Heppa, you're not allowed, not allowed.
Speaker 7: I don't think the trumpets this department is gonna give us. So well, here's the thing. Is the Supreme Court going to stop them? No, of course, this ree courd is not gonna stop.
Speaker 2: Like this is such a non problem because there's just nothing to do here.
Speaker 7: Yes, but it's like I don't know, like I think the prospect of Trump realizing he could actually just do unlimited judicial tyranny and do whatever the fuck he wants in the Supreme Court, like sure seven to two will be like, yeah, cops have the right to like execute trans prisoners or some ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not what's currently being talked about.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, But I mean I do I do think there'll be sort of like fake scare mongeri investigations.
Speaker 4: I don't sure.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it'll lead. I just don't think it'll lead anywhere. I think it's mostly just like a wild goose chase to satisfy whatever fucking person who watches too many right wing podcasts on YouTube. So like it's it's I don't see this as anything like super pressing the next one I think.
Speaker 7: Actually could be real, depending on how motivated they are to do it. So the next one, so this is a ban on teachers and anyone who works. So this this is this is supposed to be a directive sent down from the Department of Education, and it says no one who works for a school, So no teachers or any school administration can tell a kid that they might be trans and that the consequences for this are civil like civil rights like investigations into them, and also the elimination of federal funding for any school district where this happens. Okay, and that's this is effect What this effectively is is a threat to cut off federal funding from states if they don't implement what is effectively a don't say trans bill.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 7: I think that one's going to be pretty real. It kind of depends on the extent to which the Department of Education is willing to spend a bunch of time going through individual cases. But you know, like, given that it's possible that Department of Education just gets filled with a bunch of like deranged Trump weirdos, I think there's a real chance that this one actually goes through and does stuff yeah. And the other thing without that one is because because that's a directive through federal agencies, he doesn't it doesn't have to go through Congress, which is sort of alarming. It's I don't know, It's one of these things where it's the question of how powerful is the federal bureaucracy going to be? And I tend to lean towards the side of the federal bureaucracy has an imense capacity to cause harm. The last part is try. He wants to get a bill in Congress that ends all recognition of their being non binary people and saying that the only genders are men and women. So this would do things immediately like getting rid of like the ex gender marker on passports and only recognizing people's to sign gender at birth, which means the government is now saying that only to like, only two genders exist, and also that the federal bureaucracy gets to assign you a gender, which is, you know, normally the exact kind of federal tyranny the Republican Party decries, but you know, they hate us.
Speaker 2: Do they ever? Do they ever actually decry that sort of tyranny.
Speaker 7: Federal Why federal tyranny they're supposed to. I think it's to be their thing.
Speaker 2: It's also less like the federal government declaring your gender. It's like whatever random doctor fills out that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, but sure, but the the but the government now is forcing you to, in their eyes, be whatever gender that they decide that you want.
Speaker 2: Yes, And we've had we've had some stuff like this try to get passed through in Europe and certain certain certain US states for like their own state ideas.
Speaker 4: Yes, So that's part. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Why this bill is these three things lumped together, but it's the bill. This specific bill is this one using Title nine to stop transfoman from playing in women's sports in college or in schools. Sure, and then protecting the right of the parent to keep your kid from transitioning, which is fucking So that's fascinating because protecting the right of the parent to make to have your kid not transition that that's some really interesting wording there. Yeah, well, so let me read the exactly. The exact wording is protect the right of parents from being forced to allow their child to assume a new gender identity without the parents' consent.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they're referring to the types of parental Bill of Rights laws. Yeah, that have passed in at like six Republican states. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the last one I think is really interesting and it kind of gives the game away as to what this is all, like, what the actual point of this is for someone like Trump who's not that interested, doesn't like transile but isn't that interested. And this one, okay, I'm going to read it first. As part of our new credentialing system, a credentialing body for teachers, we will promote positive education about the nuclear family, the role of mothers and fathers, and celebrating rather than erasing the things that make men and women different and unique. Sure, so this is literally this is this is legislating institutional like sexism education. Yes, And you know, we've talked about the credentialing stuff. It's unclear to me how this would work. It's not it's not quite the same credentialing thing that you were talking about. But basically, this is a federal mandate that says that you can't be a teacher without teaching sexism, which.
Speaker 2: Is I'm sure, I'm sure the teachers unions will love to take that one on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I'm I and this is one of the things that I I don't know. I mean, you have to like go into like walk in with a stick and beat them on it. But I am so excited for the Trump administration has to deal with an actual national teacher strike. Like, have fun with that one, you dip shits.
Speaker 2: This is why these types of conservatives really really hate teachers unions.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they frame teachers unions as being like one of like the most evil lobbying forces in America because they really don't like that they don't have complete total control over teaching kids whatever kind of fucked up nuclear family patriarchal bullshit that they want to like mandate by law.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so they're going to attempt to do They're they're they're they're they're going to attempt to every every They're gonna they're gonna make everyone watch a shitty Matt Walsh documentary or some ship. And if you complain about it, they they they prosecute you under the Civil Rights Act for being good luck discrimination or something. So that's that's that's that's Trump's plan to protect children from left wing gender insanity. It's really quite bad. As funny as some of it is. I mean, it's a bunch of gender firming care bands sort of stitch together with stuff trying to knock hospitals out from doing it. Stitch to the just the sexism law.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's quite bad. Come back tomorrow for probably even worse.
Speaker 6: Ship.
Speaker 7: Don't remember which one is tomorrow, but you'll.
Speaker 4: We'll find out when we do.
Speaker 9: Hello, welcome, This is it could happen here and I am Sharene. Today we are continuing to talk about Agenda forty seven and this episode is about quote unquote big Pharma. Trump often goes after big Pharma in his campaign rhetoric, and there is a lot of content within Agenda forty seven that addresses what he views as the problems with the pharmaceutical industry. In his first campaign for president, Donald Trump tapped into bipartisan anger over high drug prices to bash pharmaceutical companies. In his latest run for president, he is echoing more extreme elements of his party to suggest that the industry's products may be hurting Americans, particularly children. Using children in this way is usually a tried and true tactic to make people get up in arms about something, and it works especially on those who may be less informed, and there are a plethora of reasons as to why our healthcare system is absolute shit and completely sucks, and it's more often a hindrance to the average American. But when Trump continues to spout unfounded and dangerous claims about the pharmaceutical industry, all this does is further undermine public health and any remaining faith that Americas have in it. It reflects how deeply the mistrust of health institutions and anti science rhetoric have become embedded, especially within a sizeable faction of the Republican Party, following the pandemic. Trump's comments about drug makers, posted in policy proposals and videos on his campaign website have largely flown under the radar, as his campaign speeches have doubled down on extreme rhetoric, like his use of anti immigration language and praise of foreign authoritarians. One of the Jenda forty seven proposals on Trump's campaign website is called Addressing the Rise of Chronic Childhood Illnesses, and it cites a quote unexplained and alarming growth in the prevalence of chronic illnesses and health problems, especially in children. End quote. In a June twenty twenty three video that was posted to truth Social Trump questions whether the food we eat, environmental toxins, or the quote over prescription of certain medications is contributing to this increase of chronic health problems and illnesses in children. In the video, Trump says, too often our public health establishment is too close to big pharma. They make a lot of money big pharma, big corporations, and other special interests does not want to ask the tough questions about what is happening to our children's health. If big pharma defrauds American patients and taxpayers, or puts profits above people, they must be investigated and held accountable. Trump goes on to call for a quote special presidential can mission of independent minds who are not bought and paid for by big pharma to investigate the rise of chronic illness. Interestingly enough, Trump's language around childhood illness is reminiscent of Robert F. Kennedy Junior's views, who has been a prominent vaccine skeptic running for president as an independent, and he has been praised by Trump as a quote common sense guy. In a video on his campaign website, Kennedy promises to quote end the chronic disease epidemic in this country. Kennedy has promoted the discredited theory that vaccines cause autism, and though he doesn't directly make this claim in the video, he previously tied the quote children's health crisis to quote environmental toxins and vaccines in an ebook published by The Children's Health Defense, which he also founded. Kennedy's campaign spokesperson Stephanie Spear said that Kennedy is pleased that Trump is highlighting the rise in childhood disease. Trump's attention to the issue testifies to the success of the Children's Health Defense, she said, and many other activist organizations in putting the chronic disease epidemic on the political radar. And while it is true that the rate of conditions including disabilities, mental health diagnoses, ADHD diagnoses, and obesity, they have gone up among children in recent years, and this is according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, there are numerous and complex social, health and environmental factors that underlie these numbers. Increased awareness and better ability to diagnose some conditions are believed to be contributing factors. Vaccine scientist and pediatrician Peter Hotez said Trump's conspiratorial language is unhelpful, as the anti vaccine movement in recent years has sought to tie vaccines to a range of chronic diseases.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 9: Now that the far right has adopted the anti vaccine movement, it's very conspiracy laden. The anti vaccine movement's rhetoric on chronic illnesses now being voiced by Trump is so vague and badly crafted. He says, how do you even address it? Hotels want to say that it gives them a license to bring up any condition they want, whether it's asthma, or whether it's a peanut allergy, or whether it's lupus. They just use it as a catch all for whatever they feel like alleging. At the time, a spokesperson for Pharma aka the main drugmaker lobby, did not address Trump's proposals directly when they were asked about them. Alex Shreiver, Pharma's senior vice president of public affairs, told Axios in an emailed statement, political rhetorics surrounding healthcare will only continue to rise as we enter an election year. Candidates should focus on voters' top priorities, lowering out of pocket costs and holding insurers and their pharmacy benefit managers accountable. Long story short. The trust in public health institutions plummeted among Republicans during the pandemic, with prominent members of the party questioning the safety of COVID vaccines and the actions of vaccine makers as well as government agencies in Despite Trump's own history of vaccine skeptical comments, his administration's Operation Warp Speed produced safe and affected COVID vaccines at an unprecedented pace, an achievement that his base doesn't really give him much credit for. Vaccine skepticism has grown among GOP voters in recent years. In recent KAFAKA the Kaiser Family Foundation polling, it found that Republicans are significantly more likely than Democrats to believe that misinformation about COVID nineteen in vaccines are true, although independents are not very far behind them, or in some cases they are more likely to believe misinformation. For example, twenty nine percent of Republicans said that it's probably or definitely true that the combined measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine has been proven to cause autism in children, compared with fourteen percent of Democrats and thirty four percent of INDE. It's very important to emphasize that scientific research has repeatedly found no association whatsoever between the MMR vaccine and autism. Trump's calls for investigations into big pharma. It also taps into GOP voters' anxieties over education, gender affirming care for adolescence, and the youth mental health crisis. A school's related proposal on Trump's campaign website calls for the Food and Drug Administration to convene a quote, outside panel to investigate whether transgender hormone treatments and ideology increase the risk of extreme depression, aggression, and violence. Last spring, Trump made a similar pledge during a speech given at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting. The campaign says that the Trump administration will explore whether quote common psychiatric drugs, as well as genetically engineered cannabis and other narcotics, are causing psychotic breaks. It also calls for a Department of Justice investigation into way their quote, big pharma and the big hospital networks have covered up the horrific long term side effects of sex transitions in order to get rich at the expense of vulnerable patients. And another proposal to quote dismantle the deep state. It specifically calls out big pharma as part of the plan to quote ban federal bureaucrats from taking jobs at the companies they deal with and regulate. In an ideal world, which we are clearly very very far from. The idea that you can trust the prescription drugs that a health provider offers you. It should be a basic societal norm. While mainstream politicians across the political spectrum on both the right and the left four years have criticized the pharmaceutical industry over pricing, there has been a common understanding that, for the most part, the US system can be trusted to place safe and effective drugs on the market and to remove them if new evidence showing otherwise arises, is suggesting negligence or cover ups of safety issues. Vaccine science is a pediatrician Peter Hotess again. He said, elements of the GOP, especially the far right, has been targeting science and scientists as enemies of the state. I was hoping Trump would not go there. Let's take our first break and we will be right back. Another part of Trump's Agenda forty seven plan to take on big pharma is to end the global freeloading on American consumers. It's honestly a little difficult for me to just not read aloud the transcripts that are on Trump's website that describe his agenda for Agenda forty seven, because they're just pure comedy and they're all just provided on his website for our entertainment. So I won't read all the transcripts, but I will read the highlights. Here it goes crooked. Joe Biden likes to pretend that he stands up to big pharma, but in fact, I was the only president in modern times whoever took on big pharma, and I took it head on. Biden canceled my tough on pharma policies the moment he had a chance as president, I signed a historic executive order declaring that the United States government would pay the same price for pharmaceuticals as other foreign countries, and no more. We don't want to pay anymore. Can you imagine that? How simple would that be? This would have saved American patients billions and billions of dollars. But shortly after taking office, Joe Biden rescinded my executive order, stabbing patients and US citizens and especially our seniors right in the back. For many years, Americans have been paying among the highest prices in the world for our prescription drugs, while other countries negotiate sweetheart deals off the backs of America. On day one of my new term, I will sign an executive order to end this global free loading on American consumers for once and for all. The United States is tired of getting ripped off. We've been ripped off by everybody for so many decades. We are tired of it not going to happen. They should have never rescinded my original executive order. It just shows you the power of big pharma. Thank you very much. This was a very easy one, and this was an honor to tell you because this is something that should never have happened. It should never ever have rescinded my executive order. I just I had to read that whole thing because it's incredible that these transcripts are up here, because they are so ridiculous. Sometimes I love that they also included like the ending after he already said thank you, how he was like, this was a very easy one, right anyway, I just thought that transcript was worth a little read. Those are his words, what he wants to do, and how he thinks. There's more transcripts later that I find funny, but for an now, let's go into what he's saying. Trump also has a plan to quote end Joe Biden's pharmaceutical shortages and return the manufacturer of life saving drugs to the United States. This is not just a public health crisis, it's a national security crisis, he says. As part of my plan to obtain total independence from China, we will phase in tariffs and import restrictions to bring back production of all essential medicines to the United States of America where they belong. I signed an executive order to begin this process in twenty twenty, but Biden has shamefully failed to follow through. Part of this plan for Agenda forty seven will be to restore this executive order. He keeps talking about Executive Order one three nine four to four, which was dated August sixth, twenty twenty. The executive order required federal agencies to quote by American by facilitating the domestic production of medicines and medical devices that the FDA determined essential to public health. It did so by requiring federal agency to buy medicines and medical devices that are entirely produced in the United States. Trump says that restoring this executive order will kickstart the domestic production of life saving drugs. His website says, American doctors should never have to give a patient a drug from an unapproved facility in China or India. We can and must produce these essential medicines at home, rather than allowing federal agencies to buy essential medicines from quote unsafe foreign countries. Another angle of his Agenda forty seven plan describes how Joe Biden's drug shortage constitutes an urgent public health crisis. It says that Joe Biden's drug shortage is fueled by over reliance on foreign made medicines and, in some cases, potentially unsafe manufacturers. Here's some of that fund transcript. Under Crooked Joe Biden, there has been a catastrophic increase in shortages of essential medicines. It's a mess. There's currently a shortage of at least fourteen critical cancer drugs ugs in the United States. They just can't get it, and every month of delay cancer treatment increases the risk of death by at least ten percent. It's unthinkable that this could be happening in the United States of America in twenty twenty three. It is truly unbelievable. We are becoming a third world country very rapidly, between our open borders and our bad elections. We are third world. He goes on to say that, even more dangerously, the top producer of critical medicines that we rely on in the United States is a place called China. China produces ninety five percent of all ibuprofen, ninety one percent of hyder cortizone, seventy percent of all taile nol, and nearly half of all penicillin. Can you imagine that this is not just a public health crisis, this is a national security crisis. As part of my plan to obtain total independence from China, we will phase in tariffs and import restrictions to bring back production of all essential medicines to the United States of America where they long. I signed the executive order to begin this process of twenty twenty, but Biden has shamefully failed to follow through. He wants it ended, He wants to take care of China. This is a matter of tremendous urgency. American lives are on the line, and it will be one of my top priorities as president. It will also create countless new American jobs. Thank you. In another Agenda forty seven video, Trump announced his plan to eradicate the drug addiction crisis in America. We will not rest until we have ended the drug addiction crisis, he says. For three decades before my election, drug overdose deaths increased every single year. Under my leadership, we took the drug and fetanol crisis head on, and we achieved the first reduction in overdose deaths in more than thirty years. On his website, in all caps, it says saving American lives. It says that Trump has pledged that he will not rest until we end this crisis, and that he will impose a full naval embargo on the drug cartels and deploy military assets to inflict maximum damage on cartel operations. Ask Congress to ensure that drug dealers and human traffickers receive the death penalty. Direct US federal law enforcement to take down the gangs and organize street crime that distribute these deadly narcotics on a local level. Permanently designate fetanol as a federally controlled substance, tell China that if they do not clamp down on the export of fentanyl's chemical precursors, they will pay a steep price. He wants to strengthen the pillars of work, faith, and family, which give life, meaning and hope for those struggling with addiction, and he wants to expand federal support for faith based counseling, treatment, and recovery programs. It's faith based for me. Even if in theory some of this kind of sounds like a good idea, both subtly and not so subtly, you see the bigotry seep through. It's actually not about saving lives or taking care of addicts. It's about implementing and cementing this country as a quote faith based country and having faith, which obviously only means Christianity. When it's using this context, it's going to be America's savior. And Trump over here is literally being a Bible salesman. It's so nauseatingly obvious and slimy. It drives me crazy, and the shit actually works on many many people. The last thing I'll touch on is a section of Agenda forty seven that is titled quote ending the Nightmare of the homeless, drug addicts, and the dangerously deranged. It describes his plan to quote rescue American cities from the scourge of homelessness, the drug addicted, and the dangerously deranged. Trump wants to ban urban camping, offering violators the option to either receive treatment and rehabilitation or face arrest. In this transcript, he says, are once great cities have become unlivable, unsanitary nightmares, surrendered to the homeless, the drug addicted, and the violent and dangerously deranged. We are making many suffer for the whims of a deeply unwell few, and they are unwell. Indeed, the homeless have no right to turn every park and sidewalk into a place for them to squat and do drugs. Americans should not have to step over piles of needles and waste as they walk down the street in a beautiful city, or at least once beautiful city, because they've changed so much over the last ten years. Our first consideration should be the rights and safety of the hard working, law abiding citizens who make our society function. When I am back in the White House, we will use every tool, lever, and authority to get the homeless off our streets. We want to take care of them, but they have to be off our streets. There is nothing compassionate about letting these individuals live in filth and squalor rather than getting them the help that they need. We need professionals to help them. For a small fraction of what we spend on Ukraine, we can take care of every homeless veteran in America. Our veterans are treated horribly likewise, With all the money we will save by ending mass unskilled migration, we will have a huge dividend to address this crisis in our own country. Under my strategy, we will ban urban camping wherever possible. Violators of these bands will be arrested, but they will be given the option to accept treatment and services if they are willing to be rehabilitated. Many of them don't want that, but we will give them the option. Okay, it's meet again. Basically, Trump's plan to end homelessness is to criminalize it. He wants to make homelessness illegal. Alan Mills, executive director of the Uptown People's Law Center, told Newsweek that Trump's plan is unconstitutional and will dissuade people from seeking assistance when they truly need it. Mills said Trump's remarks left him feeling appalled but unsurprised by the former president's antics based on Trump's long history of anti homeless agendas. He says, it is blatant in the constitution that you can't arrest people just because they don't have a home. But more importantly, it doesn't work. People are not homeless because they're afraid of punishments. People are homeless because they don't have a home. Trump's plan isn't over yet, though, He continues by saying that we will then open up large parcels of inexpensive land, bringing doctors, psychiatrists, social workers, and drug rehab specialists, and create tent cities where the homeless can be relocated and their problems identified. We will open up our cities again, make them livable, and make them beautiful. For those who are just temporarily down on their luck, we will work to help them quickly reintegrate into a normal life. For those who have addictions, substance abuse, and common mental health problems, we will get them into treatment. And for those who are severely mentally ill and deeply disturbed, we will bring them back to mental institutions. Where they belong, with the goal of reintegrating them back into society once they are well enough to manage. It's a tough task, a very tough task. What's taking place on the streets, what's taken place when they're taking so much drugs. But the fact is we're going to try. This strategy will be far better and also far less expensive than spending vast sums of taxpayer money to house the homeless and luxury hotels without addressing their underlying issues. And they have so many of these underlying issues and needs. This is how I will end the scourge of homelessness and make our cities clean and safe and beautiful once again. We will do it. We will bring back America. Anne Olivia, the chief executive officer for the NAEH, the National Alliance to End Homelessness, also condemned a Trump's plan, calling it alarming and dangerous in numerous ways. She said the way to end homelessness is not to arrest people and move them out of sight into internment camps. Jail isn't housing. Prison isn't housing. Tent cities aren't housing. Housing with services tailored to people's specific needs must be at the center of any plan to end homelessness. Prioritizing any immediate strategy other than housing is a red herring, a political ploy to divert attention from the real resources communities need while othering people in the most vulnerable situations imaginable. And then there was Vote Vets. Vote Vets is a veterans advocacy group. They said on Twitter that rather than continue the progress of helping homeless veterans, Trump lust to find them and toss them into what can be best described as internment camps. Who all, in all, Agenda forty seven is a big fucking yikes, and it should concern you. I'm going to leave you all with a uplifting quote from February twenty fourth, when Trump spoke at the Conservative Political Action Conference. He said, November fifth will be our new liberation day. It will be their judgment day. Wow. Can't wait until then.
Speaker 1: See ya, hello, and welcome to it could happen here a podcast about things falling apart In this week podcast Agenda forty seven Donald Trump's plan for you know what to do if he winds up winning re election and being back in all of our lives in the sense of having political power as opposed to just back in all of our lives because he never shuts the hell up, and neither do any of the journalists who report on him. So we're talking about that all week. You've been listening to the episodes put together one of my colleagues. Today, I'm going to be talking about Trump's border policy, particularly his promise to declare war on the cartels and use the United States military to attack them. Before we get into it, I do want to note, if you notice this sounds a little bit different. I am in Texas currently. My father has leukemia. He's being treated for it. He's on chemo in the hospital, just finished chemo actually, But anyway, I had to fly down to Texas last minute. And I'm not recording this in my normal space. We should be back to normal, you know, very soon here. But I just wanted to explain, if you think it sounds different, it's not me fucking something up. I just had to fly across the country. So let's talk about Agenda forty seven and the Cartels. Back in two thousand and eight, when I was still a baby and in fact in Dallas, Texas, as i am right now, I worked as the secretary for a financial planner named Al Jones. I was bad at this job, and I didn't really know much about financial planning then, but I have since come to suspect that Al was not great at his job either. The first sign of this might have been the fact that when I took the job, Al got excited because I mentioned during our little interview that I wanted to be a writer someday, and he was like, I'm a novelist, and I was like, I thought you were a financial planner, and then he hands me a copy of his self published novel.
Speaker 3: Operation night Watch.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The plot to this motherfucker was barkingly mad, spurred on by an epidelic of inner city violence. The government sent in a team of special forces guys to take on the criminals. I think it's the government who sends them. They may just be a bunch like Green Berets and Navy seals who decide to fight crime on their own. It's been a while since I read the thing. I'm trying to have a hardcover delivered to me, but there's not a lot of them left, so you may get to hear more from this book.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the.
Speaker 1: Idea of this is that, like Yeah, there's all of these very much racially coded criminals in the streets making life too dangerous for regular people, these evil drug dealers and robbers, and we just need our special forces guys to murder them, right, it was. There was a lot of like uncomfortable fetishization of brutal violence from this very mild mannered seeming dude who mostly held meetings at Texas roadhouses with old people to try to get them to invest in innuities or whatever a split annuity is. I've since forgotten so again, obviously, even at that point in time, mostly having lived either in the country the suburbs, I had spent enough time in Dallas to know his description of inner city life was not precisely accurate. But what I remember most about the book is that it wasn't even really a story. It was and talking to Al made this clear, a literal description of the policy he wanted to see. The thin characters that he included in the story were basically just there to help dress up what was again a policy proposal, and that policy was we should use the US military to kill quote unquote drug dealers. Right now. Over the last fifteen years or so, mainstream Republican policy has actually caught up to my old boss, and now President Trump has included in Agenda forty seven a promise to invade Mexico with US special forces. That's not the extent of the promise. We will be talking about that all through this fun episode. On Deceiver twenty second, twenty twenty three, the Trump campaign uploaded a page titled President Donald J. Trump declares War on Cartels to his campaign website. And I don't know about you, guys, I'm pretty sick in the motherfucker's voice, So I'm just going to read how this opens. But if you go to the website, you can listen to him say this if that makes you happier. The drug cartels are waging war on America, and it's now time for America to wage war on the cartels. In this war, Joe Biden has cited against the United States, and with the cartels, they're making more money than they've ever made before. Times ten, There's never been anything like it. They're major, major companies. They're bigger than even some of our biggest companies. Biden's open border policies are a deadly betrayal of our nation. He's definitely got a unique diction. Yet you know, Trump came up with that one more or less on his own, didn't need to be scripted. Now, Trump goes on to state after this that when he is president again, the United States government will treat cartels the same way they treated Isis, which you might recall still exists and recently carried out an attack in Russia. Republic picks might note that this attack was by Isis k or Isis Coruscond, which is true. And boy, howdye does Afghanistan come back into this story in a little bit, So just just keep that in mind. But first let's continue with Trump. He claims that under his presidency we had a quote very very strong border and in fact, the strongest border in the history of the country, and quote drugs were at a low for forty five years. Now, it's important to fact check things that both Joe Biden and Donald Trump say. The use the diction he uses here does make fact checking slightly difficult. The strongest border kind of a meaningless term, right, But the claim about drugs being at a low for forty five years can be fact checked to some degree, although again his approach to grammar makes it hard to tell what he's claiming here, right, it's drugs at a low for forty five years, mean, like, drug use is at a low, drugs smuggling is at a low.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He has made variations of this claim often, though, including a note on his campaign website in January twenty twenty three that under his presidency, quote, drug overdose deaths decline nationwide for the first time in nearly thirty years. So let's assume that that's kind of what he meant to claim, that drug overdose deaths were the lowest they've been for forty five for forty five years, right, which is again, I mean, it's just wrong on its face because earlier he said for thirty years, So like, which is it? Donald? But whatever, Let's say that what he meant to claim is that under his presidency, drug overdose deaths were at the lowest point in a long time. Right, If we're being fair, that's the fairest I could be to him. And it is true that the overdose death rate dropped during Trump's presidency for one year in twenty eighteen. That's the only year that it dropped. During each of the other three years he was in office, the overdose rate rose, and in fact, it rose by record numbers in twenty twenty. PolitiFact also notes quote looking at overdose deaths from synthetic opioids, the closely watched category that accounts for the largest share of all opioid overdose deaths, the rate rose every year of Trump's presidency. This is worth noting because all of the things he wants to do at the border to the cartels, all of his justifications for really needing to crack down on human trafficking, for wanting to use the navy seals or whatever to kill cartel guys to basically invade Mexico, it's to stop Fentonel, which he describes as an existential threat to the country. And you know, makes the claim that basically, when I was president, you know, all that stuff was, we were taking care of it. It was all all declining, and then when Biden took over, it got a lot worse. No, the rate of finanel use wrote in Finnyl related deaths in particular rose every single year of Trump's presidency, every single year. Anyway, Trump promises no mercy to the cartels and that he will designate the major ones foreign terrorist organizations with the goal of cutting off their access to global financial systems. Incidentally, this would provide a pretext to basically charging every drug user, whether or not their drugs had anything to do with a cartel with material support of a terrorist organization, and thus allow night marriish penalties for people caught dealing weed or LSD or whatever, on the justification that they're aiding the cartels with whom we are at war. Trump also states that he will ask Congress to pass legislation to allow the death penalty for quote drug smugglers and human traffickers. Now, He's made similar statements around drug dealers in the past. Here's how this particular rant on the Agenda forty seven website ends. The drug cartels and their allies and the Biden administration have the blood of countless millions on their hands. Millions and millions of families and people are being destroyed. When I am back in the White House, the drug kingpins and vicious traffickers will never sleep soundly again. We did it once, and we did it better than anyone else. There's never been a better border than we had just two years ago. It was strong, it was powerful, and it was respected all over the world, and now we're laughed at all over the world. And we're not going to let that happen much longer. We have to take over. We have to be tough, and we have to be smart, we have to be fair. But if we don't do something immediately, our country is gone. Now that's all ridiculous, but it behooves us to look into the origins of this particular violent fantasy. When President Trump was still in office, he repeatedly floated variations of a single idea using US missiles to destroy so called drug factories, specifically those producing either fentanyl or methamphetamine. Obviously, cartels do operate sizable facilities and where they prepare drugs for smuggling and sale. They have places where they cut fentanyl, which generally comes from elsewhere, into other drugs, or make it into pills, etc. And they've got places where meth is cooked. Obviously, so, as best as The New York Times has been able to trace, his obsession with military action against Mexico seems to have started in late twenty nineteen. So while the coronavirus is spreading, our president rather than focusing on a response, it's kind of obsessed with the fentanyl crisis, which is serious, but his way of dealing with it was to hold these constant, large oval office meetings that people absolutely had to attend. Quote some part tennisis from the New York Times. Some participants felt the meetings were of little use because officials tended to perform for mister Trump, and he would perform for them. And that does put the fun idea in my head of Donald Trump and a bunch of friends all dancing about, like, I don't know whatever kind of animal you would train to dance. I'm spacing on that right now. So why don't we just roll to ads for a second. Well, I think of animals. We're back, so I'm going to continue that quote from the New York Times. When the idea of military intervention was brought up at one such meeting, mister Trump turned to Brett Geroor, who was there in his role as the US Assistant Secretary for Health. Mister Gero was also a four star admiral and the Commission Corps of the US Public Health Service, and he was wearing his dress uniform. His main point was that the United States was unable to combat the crisis with treatment alone. According to a person briefed on his comments, it was clear from the way mister Trump singled out mister Gerror that he had mistakenly thought he was in the military because of his dress uniform. According to two participants in the meeting, mister Gerroor in his response, suggested putting lead to target. The two participants were called that seems likely. Geror denies this right. He claims, well, the President knows me really well. We met all the time. He would never mistake me for a soldier, and like, sure, buddy. For one thing, I totally believe he could meet with Trump regularly and Trump not remember him. But also, it kind of sounds assuming I mean again, and these are all maybe not the best sources, but assuming the people who are like he said we should put lead to target are telling the truth, that sounds to me like this guy wearing his uniform because he knows it'll impress Trump was also trying to use military metaphors because I think maybe was just trying to have this impact on Trump, right, make Trump think of him as like a military official giving advice. There's some claims that people in the administration were so concerned about this and were so terrified that like Trump might actually attack Mexico that they asked Jeror to stop wearing his uniform to meetings, basically being like he's hypnotized by this shit man, Like if you dress like a soldier, he'll take you seriously when you say this crazy bullshit. Anyway, at the same time this is all going on, Attorney General William Barr had also started floating the idea to the President that maybe the United States should consider carrying out some attacks in Mexico to kill cartel guys to stop the fentanyl.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: His argument, though, was not so much that we should do it, but that if we threaten Mexico with military action, that will force the Mexican government to be more aggressive against the cartels. Now, William Barr is not a guy I consider very smart, and this is in fact a dumb idea, because like Mexico's government has tried a bunch of different ways to fight the cartels, they haven't destroyed them. Right now, the current president of Mexico's is more on the left, and he has a policy is described as hugs not bullets, right, which is not using the stick to fight the drug cartels. But that doesn't mean that hasn't been tried. The Mexican government and the Mexican military have carried out a number of very high intensity operations against cartels over the years. It's just like, it's hard. The cartel problem is a massive, massive, complicated thing, and the idea that like, if we threaten Mexico, they'll finally do it kind of understates the degree to which Mexico is capable of ending this epidemic or ending this problem right of somehow taking back this territory and rendering the cartels unable to function. I don't actually know that they are, you know, I don't know that. I certainly wouldn't say that the current president's plan is working. But no one else has stopped them either, so I don't know. I think Bar is rather silly when he thinks that it's just a matter of threatening Mexico with an invasion that'll force him to take care of this shit. I don't really know that they have the ability to do that either way. So for his part, Barr does not seem to have actually wanted at military action in Mexico. Again, he's thinking that the threat will do the trick, and in fact, when Trump pushed back that, like, well, maybe we could just shoot some missiles into Mexico. Barr pushed back on this and was like, well, if we fire, missiles will hit we might hit the wrong target, right, Basically, civilian casualties you know, could happen, so we should avoid that. And that really kind of showcases how fucking dangerous someone like Barr is because his plan is he's thinking he's playing forty chess or whatever. It's like, yeah, you know, the Mexican government will get scared and they'll take care of these cartels for us. But when you start floating that to a guy named Trump, he's going to be like, well, yeah, let's just shoot him with missiles. And you may you may push back against that initially, but when your stupid plan to bully Mexico into destroying the cartels doesn't work because they can't or because don't want to be bullied, then what where are you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You can't step down at that point. You can't back off once you've threatened to bomb them, right, because if you threaten to attack and they don't do shit and then you just kind of like back off, you're gonna look weak. And that's the worst thing in the world to these people, right, Trump's certainly not going to accept something like that. It's part of why, like what Bar was doing here is just like incredibly irresponsible. Just with a guy like Trump, you can't pull that shit. So this means again that at some point, if this kind of process goes on, if Trump wins office, if he's to carry out something like what Bar was suggesting or something like what your r was suggesting, at some point, Trump's kind of need to use military assets to strike Mexico if only to save face. And again, the safest thing for him to use would be missiles to basically fire missiles, you know, guided missiles at factories or whatever making drugs. This avoids risking US servicemen. It certainly avoids it's the risk of them getting captured anyway. I'm gonna quote from the New York Times against here. At least twice during twenty twenty, mister Trump privately asked as Defense Secretary mister Esper about the possibility of sending patriot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs and whether they could blame another country for it. Patriot missiles are not the kind that would be used. They are surfaced to air weapons, but mister Trump had a habit of calling all missiles patriot missiles. According to two former senior administration officials, I just find that fuddy, like, man, you are the you're the commander in chief, and you don't know, like you don't even know that. Like it's I don't expect the president to say, like I want you to fire this exact version of missile. You know, that's maybe a little more granular than is necessary for him to know. But like you should know that patriot missiles don't get fired at ground targets. That's not what they do. They're kind of a major part of like our military or mince anti missile defense. It's just it's just very silly of him. All this nonsense came to a head for the first time, I'm in twenty twenty when during one of these interminable fentanyl meetings, Trump looked over to Defense Secretary Mark Esper and asked, can we blow up these drug labs with a missile and make it look like another country did it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That's you know, bad, right, Like it brings up a lot of questions, namely, like what other country is in a position to fire missiles into Mexico, right, Like, if you're saying, oh, it wasn't US, are you saying it's Canada because they'd have to kind of cross a lot of space to do that. He's saying Guatemalas firing missiles into Mexico because it doesn't really seem like a Guatemala move. You know, who are you going to blame? Thankfully, Esper was one of those rare Trump appointees who possessed a basic minimal capacity for rational thought, and we never, thankfully got the answer to the question what would have happened if he'd fired a missile into Mexico. Esper argued against the idea, and then he wrote about it in his memoir, which I have an issue with. He's one of these guys who, yeah, maybe we should have known about that when it happened, rather than waiting for your fucking book. But people got to get paid.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Reactions from Mexico to these revelations about Trump considering missiling them and now the fact that he's got on his website like our plan is to use military assets to attack the cartels, reactions from Mexico have been pretty universally negative for reasons I probably don't need to elaborate on. President Lopez Obrador told reporters in March, quote, this initiative of the Republicans, besides being irresponsible, is an offense to the people of Mexico, a lack of respect to our independence, to our sovereignty. They do not change their attitude and think they are going to use Mexico for their propaganda, their electoral and political purposes. We are going to call for not voting for this party because it is interventionalist and human, hypocritical and corrupt. I don't know he's wrong there. I don't know how much ability the president of Mexico has to shift votes in the United States. But you know, it is interesting. You don't often hear a world leader, specific particularly not of the US's largest trading partner, say that they're going to take sides in an election, not that openly at least, but you know who never takes sides except for your side, because they're always on your side. The products and services that support this podcast and or program.
Speaker 4: We're back.
Speaker 1: So the opposition candidate in next year's Mexican presidential elections also made a statement that was it was a little bit more moderated than obradors, but it belittled Trump's comments about using military force on Mexico and stated, rather than threats, we should work in a smart way. So nobody's really happy with this down in Mexico. Not surprising to see why. Meanwhile, in US politics, conservatives are now falling over themselves to justify military intervention in Mexico. As soon as Trump adopts this, it now becomes basically the standard Republican line that we need to be sending our special forces guys in to fight the fucking cartels. I'm not going to go over a laundry list of all the dumbfucks who have embraced this crap idea, but I do want to read one quote from an ABC News article quote House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, Republican Kentucky, on Tuesdays said that it was a mistake that then President Donald Trump did not bomb meth labs in Mexico after he had reportedly asked his Defense secretary about the possibility in twenty twenty. One of the things we learned post Trump presidency is that he had ordered a bombing of a couple fentanyl labs crystal meth labs in Mexico just across the border, and for whatever reason, the military didn't do it. Comer said on Fox and Friends, I think that was a mistake. Now I want to discuss for a second how impossible it is for this plan to work. As I noted earlier, there are drug labs in Mexico, quite a few of them, making a variety and not just making, but in many cases taking drugs that come from elsewhere and basically packaging them in a way that they can be sold or smuggled. That is, those facilities certainly exists, but they are not like the large centralized factories that I don't know, like a military rival would use to produce tanks. Right, most of this work, even if it is currently being done in a sizable facility, can be done in smaller facilities and can be moved pretty readily. And again, it's just not very intelligent to think that you can cripple this the same way you can cripple an enemy's ability to produce missiles or tanks. And even then that's not easy. We're actually really bad at it. We've repeatedly during wars bombed countries to attempt to destroy their ability to produce munitions and failed to really do that to a substantial extent. And so something like the narcotics industry, which is even more underground, even more hard to identify by nature of what it is. It's a big ask on the surface, right. It's also worth laying out why it's done as hell to conflate drug cartels with ISIS, because a big part of why Trump, how Trump thinks things are going to go, is like, well, Isis took over Raka, took over Moses, and then we beat them up, you know, we kicked the crap out of them, We destroyed ISIS. That's what he I think, that's literally what he thinks happens, and it's certainly what he wants his voters to think happened. But that's not really what happened. Right when the physical caliphate was liberated, ISIS went underground, and they are still there and still have the potential to take a whole territory again. ISIS attacks in both Iraq and Syria have been raising steadily for years. There's a lot of reasons for this. Big part of why things have gotten worse in Syria is that the Biden administration has done fuck all to stop the Turkish government from attacking the autonomous region Rojava. Who are the folks who defeated ISIS in Syria? And that has degraded their capacity to keep a fucking lit on thing. So number one, this victory, he claims, wasn't a total victory. And number two, the reason why ISIS was knocked out of you know, Mosl and knocked out of most of their territorial claims fairly short period of time was because of a couple of things. Number One, the US was providing support, but we were not carrying out either operation on our own in both Iraq and Syria. We were supporting other extant militant groups that had a long history and a decent amount of support in the region, right And number two, and maybe you can make the claim that that's the case with the Mexican army, But the other aspect is that Isis were not guys who had been in charge for forever in that region and had deep bases. Most of them were foreigners, and they were foreigners who had very quickly taken urban areas and then started running them like dog shit cartels have existed for a lot longer. They have effectively and do effectively rule large chunks of Mexico and have done so for longer than ISIS has existed. They have deep networks of local ties and in many areas a reputation for providing services better than the Mexican government has done. I don't say this to whitewash how horrible these organizations are, but they are not ISIS, which just came up seemingly out of no where, took over a bunch of cities and then got fucking kicked out, and you know, never had a huge base of support among the populace, particularly in Iraq, because again there were just some assholes who showed up one day as opposed to the cartels, which you know, especially once the US starts bombing Mexico and killing Mexican civilians, which will happen anytime we're bombing them. Just the idea, the amount of support it could potentially build for the fucking cartels is substantial. But even beyond that, the idea that you could knock these beat people out easily, they're not.
Speaker 3: Again, they have a.
Speaker 1: Deep base of support, a deep history in these areas. They have functioned for a long time, not just running things but also constantly fighting against a military and the government that has a degree of capacity and technology at its back. So the idea that like, you're just going to be able to kick these guys out of whatever. Sonora, the way that you know isis was quote unquote kicked out of Mosel. It's fanciful rights. It's a farce. Now, speaking of farces, I want to talk about kind of the thing that we should all see is the model for what might actually how it would actually work if Trump tried to go into Mexico to take out the cartels. And this brings me back to Afghanistan. Right during Trump's administration, the Department of Defense was empowered by the President to use vastly more force and their attempts to destroy Taliban drug labs. Obviously, Taliban funded a lot of their war effort with the sale of opium, you know, aeroin whatever, and it was you know, believed that if we can cut if we can destroy their ability to grow and process this stuff, we can cut the legs out from underneath the Taliban. And Trump really bought into this and allowed the DoD to accelerate their efforts to do this. Our forces started carrying out a mix of air strikes and special operations attacks on talent Lebhan drug labs in twenty seventeen. It is the same plan that they executed that Trump is pushing for the United States to use in Mexico and in Afghanistan. This plan was such an abysmal failure that not only did it not stop drug production, it actually accelerated the production of opiates in fucking Afghanistan at the highest level in recorded history. This program failed so badly that the Pentagon ended their strikes on drug labs in twenty nineteen. They gave up in two years because they didn't couldn't do it. They were bad at it. Now, the fact that this kind of plan that Trump is pushed would undeniably fail to actually destroy the cartels to stop drugs and human trafficking across the border, this does not mean that it would actually be a failure for the reasons that Trump and many other Republicans wanted to fail, which is that declaring war on cartels allows them to justify a major power grap and destroy or in the lives of US citizens they already see as enemies. And I don't mean to say that this is more serious than the lives that will be lost in Mexico. It's certainly not, but this is very serious as well. Last October, a think tank, the Center for Renewing America, published a policy paper with the fun title It's Time to wage War on Transnational Drug Cartels. Paper makes it clear that illegal immigration is just as much a priority as fentannel and carrying out these actions, and in fact, it lists the goals of this planned military policy in Mexico this way. Number one, ending the illegal flow of people trafficking victims and drugs across the southern border. Now, the paper suggests creating a new classification that is similar but different to foreign terrorist organization for the cartels. It lists a series of escalatory stages that Trump's administration should take, starting with putting pressure on the Mexican government to take care of things themselves. And since the Mexican government is not really capable of pre of ending a present of ending either migration or drug cartels, escalation is inevitable. So after this phase fails, phase two is to have the President start deploying military units, initially to interdict the coast, but also to coordinate with the DEA to target and kill cartel figures and destroy their assets. US ports will be closed whenever the number of illegal immigrant apprehensions that the border increases past a certain level. Right, So they are also saying, and again you get the feeling from this paper. While Trump always harps on the drugs and the horrors of fentanyl, is very clear from this paper there is concerned and if not more concerned about the fact that non white people are entering the country. Quote. While costly to the economy, this closing ports would incentivize the Mexican government to crack down on human smugglers, migrant caravans, and cartel trafficking networks. Now into the fourth and final phase of this plan, the US government would basically carry out a full scale invasion of parts of Mexico in order to defeat cartels and secure the border. At no point are there any suggestions made as to how this might be done or why it would be more successful than the attempts that failed in Afghanistan. Instead, they just move right onto the last phase, the victory phase, which includes these suggestions. Congress should enact legislation that creates enhanced penalties for US citizens found guilty of collaborating with the cartels. Punishment should include mandatory minimum federal sentencing of fifteen years in prison for working with cartels labeled as transnational criminal organizations, and mandatory minimum sentencing of twenty five years in prison for working with cartels labeled under the new Cartel statutory guidelines. Congress should enact legislation that defines material and financial supports for the cartels designated under the new statutory framework as tantamount to engaging in terrorism against the United States. This basically means, depending on how this is written, it could mean that doing drugs, possessing drugs, having friends who sell or use drugs could mean that you're committing terrorism by supporting the cartels. It is not impossible that that is how this law, these laws, should they be actually put on the books, ever, should this program be enacted, that's not impossible that that's how it would be interpreted. And why wouldn't they want to write this would allow them to lock up a shitload of people that they see as being on the left. If you think back to Richard Nixon, A big reason why and this is a stated reason why you know the war on marijuana was escalated is that it lets you arrest the fucking hippies and anti war protesters and put them in prison. You know, that is a big part of what a lot of people in Trump's orbit want to do with this. And I say that because the guy who wrote this fucking thing is a dude named kN Kuchinelli. Ken is a major anti left culture warfucker. One of his jobs under Trump was he worked under Chad Wolfe, who was the illegally the director of the DHS during the twenty twenty uprising. In sept Timber of twenty twenty, he ordered the intelligence branch of the Department of Homeland Security to downplay threats by white supremacists and instead focus on the danger of Antifa. Under his watch, DHS also compiled and tel reports on journalists in Portland, Oregon. Might have some issue with this guy personally, and defended the abduction by federal agents of civilians in unmarked vehicles, right, you know, when people were being abducted off the streets of Portland. He was a big fan of that. Ken Guchinelli really likes that idea. He is also essentially a white nationalist himself. In August of twenty nineteen, he announced a revised regulation to go into effect October fifteenth, twenty nineteen, that expanded the public charge requirements for legal immigration made it harder to get green cards and visas if you were poor. Basically, he stopped. He made basically, if we might need something like food stamps, it's harder to get, you know, to immigrate legally to the United States. He was asked, doesn't this kind of contradict, you know, that poem on the Statue of Liberty about welcoming you know, poor and persecuted people. Kucinelli suggested a revision to the poem on the Statute of Liberty, On the Statue of Liberty, give me you're tired and you're poor, who can stand on their own two feet, and who will not become a public charge. So that's that's cool. He also made a point that the poem referred to European immigrants, so you know, fuck those non white people, right, you know, like the poem was never meant for them. He's a fucking nazi, right, He's a white nationalist at the very least, like kN Kuchinelli is the kind of person that a decent society would google what the Romans did with the Tarpeian rocks when they had someone who was a trader to their system, and that's what should happen to Ken Cuccinelli. But instead he's trying to get the US military to invade Mexico. So that's good anyway, that's a Trump's Agenda forty seven policy on the cartels. I hope you all had a lot of fun anyway, by hey, we'll be back Monday with more episodes every week from now until the heat death of the Universe.
Speaker 9: It Could Happen here as a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from the cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for It Could Happen Here, updated monthly at coolzonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening.