Speaker 1: There is a scenario where he could win, and he says, every championship match is my last. If I lose, I'm out. If I win, I'm in. And I'm not going to be under contract. I'm just gonna be your ae W champion.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Shut up? Bouts, I hit the fan.
Speaker 3: Welcome to sanctioned Thursdays, arestling with ready.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to unsanctioned Thursdays. Let's start the show. It's prediction time, mister Die prediction.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to make the people some money?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got my h I got my crystal ball ready, It's all locked and loaded.
Speaker 3: I've been doing terrible at this, so let's see if my crystal ball can get better.
Speaker 1: There's one that's going to be impossible for me to pick, and so I'm just gonna kind of like ABC D it so, but I'll be I'll be transparent about which one that is. But outside of that, I feel highly confident that I can call the whole card. How confident are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: Not very Here's the thing, like Jeff Die varies when it comes to wrestling. You know, I'll be like watching so much WWE, watching little videos about WWE, and then like, because of that, AW doesn't get as much as my focus. And then there'll be other times where I'm watching so much AEW and so much Internet about AW and then WWE kind of fades a little.
Speaker 2: So I'm in my WWE phase.
Speaker 1: I don't have to travel every week and entertain people and make them laugh, so I have way more time to watch wrestling. Don't worry, I got you covered. Here we go. Chris Jericho, the ft for the world is such an a whole thing to just change somebody's championship. Chris Jericho champion versus Hook. This is a very easy, easy prediction for me to make. This story has been anti Hook pro The Learning Tree almost called him the Giving Tree. He's giving. He's very giving.
Speaker 2: That's that's what the Learning Tree is.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a giver. They have been all over Hook. They practically kill Somemo Joe. They killed my man what's the Japanese guy's name, Shabata. They killed Shabata or killed his arm anyway, drove some ojo through a wall, burnt out Hook's eye. He's still he last week and and Dynamite said, I I can't even see out of my eyes, so a bitch, and I did it just like that. It was it was money and a little better than mine. And to me, the only way this story ends in London is with everyone's favorite Hook going over and beating Chris Jericho and becoming once again the real FTW champion. Oh for the world, bullshit it, but yeah, So that's that's why I pick I pick Hook defeats Chris Jericho.
Speaker 3: How about you, sir, I am gonna go against you and pick Chris Jericho.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to win once?
Speaker 3: Joe, Well, then we'd be tying on the pick if I if I pick Cook. Yeah, so I'm gonna pick Chris Jericho. He's the current one. Maybe we can get more story out of this. Maybe we can drag it on longer. I've been enjoying watching You just want Taz to get into ball, that's what you are.
Speaker 2: We went, well, where's he been? You know, help out your boy.
Speaker 1: From the ring where anytime Chris comes out because Chris is afraid of him, you know you might.
Speaker 3: You gotta flex those Taz muscles. So I'm going Chris Jericho. Keep this feud going all right.
Speaker 1: Next up is the impossible one for me to pick one because I don't even know who they're wrestling yet. It's the Young Bucks, the Tag Team Champions, the World Tag Team Champions versus either the Acclaimed or FTR or the Acclaimed and FTR. But I don't know. So the only thing I know for certain is the two dudes that are going to be in the match named the Young Bucks, right, I know they're gonna be in the match no matter what. So I'm picking the Young Bucks to win. But do not go with me on this unless you already know who they're going against and you're like, oh yeah, Young Bucks. They're not dropping them yet, so that's why.
Speaker 3: I don't know who they're going against. But I am I allowed to pick the field.
Speaker 1: You can take the field yet the.
Speaker 3: Field Young Bucks. I'm not a huge fan of the Young Bucks. I never have been a fan of the Young Bucks. The Young Bucks are gonna be like my miz of aw like once they have been doing it for thirty years, I'll have to be the guy that's like, I'll give it to him. They've always been around, all right, They've earned my res so I'm gonna pick the field, and I love the acclaimed, so I hope it's there. Everybody loves the acclaimed, all awesome. Next step the Trios Championships, the World Trios Championships.
Speaker 1: The patriot. This is an easy pick, the patriarchy versus another field, Jeff, And as as smart as the field pick was, I don't think it's gonna play this time. I don't see anybody beating the genius mind of Christian Cage the Patriarchy. He's got help his lady. The Patriarch shall come in with the hairs of the aquinet, skit you in the eyes. Maybe she gets a lighter like we do in the eighties, and oh yeah, I love that burn that shit. You know you might get another fireball there. So I think they're gonna have some Shenanigans. And the Patriarchy beats the field, that means they beat everyone else in ae W what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it's funny, you say.
Speaker 3: When I was a teenager, the local grocery stores would be like, why is this young boy buying so much hairspray? And it's because I love fire and I love it. For this, it's an easy, no brainer pick for Jeff. Dye. I've always been a straight white male, and I've always loved the patriarchy. I'm picking the patriarchy. It's never failed Mignet, and it won't fail me at.
Speaker 2: This event either.
Speaker 3: So here we go, Jeff Dine picking the patriarchy, and you can bet on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you could. You could take that shit to the bank.
Speaker 2: I guarantee it.
Speaker 1: Next up is Jack Perry, the champion, the TNT champion. Because our man Edge got hurt. Hope Edge gets well soon comes back and whip your ass Jack Perry. But right now he's fighting Darby all Yeah, tell you that's our boy, Jack Perry versus Darby Allen in a coffin match. Here's the thing. Here's the thing. The champion has certain advantages, but in a coffin match, what the fuck? His advantages go out the window. And Darby Allen is kind of a coffin kind of dude. He does the coffin drop. I've seen him land on a coffin dented and practically break his spine like a like a cannon of pringles. So I would assume he has the advantage. That said, Jack Perry's evil. He changed his music. It's more dramatic, he's he's he takes his hair band out much more really used to. That shows a lot of evil, and I think he's gonna do something evil in this match and he's going to get to win. Remember it wasn't so long ago that he was the one that was gonna get lit on fire by Darby. I feel like, because he took that one and had to look like the victim in that one, that he's gonna get it up on him this time. So I'm picking Jack Perry. That's my philosophy behind it. Anyway to beat Darby Allen in the coffin match for the TNT Championship. I know you're going the opposite direction and you're gonna be wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our little cave boy has really grown up to become the grumpy band gang Jack Perry. You know, pist, You and everybody not a fan don't like it, thundersized under I don't need him.
Speaker 2: I don't I like a Darby Allen.
Speaker 3: And the simple fact that it's a coffin match makes me go, hey, this is a no brainer. When Darby Allen you just referenced it against a swerve, when he just literally threw his whole body on his swarf's hand was still out of the little thing.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, big fan.
Speaker 3: If I'm betting with my heart, I picked Darby Allen because he's cooler. I like him better. He's cooler, and it's a coffin match. However, I'm gonna bet with my brain and I think Jack Perry Wentz.
Speaker 1: Coming to the dark side. That's my brain, my heart making money, all right. Next Tony Storm versus maybe my new favorite guest, Mariah May, super friggin smart, crazy eye for the business plan this, this destruction of Tony Storm from day one. Still keeps the bloody shoe in her bag when she travels, just to remind her how the hell could she lose this match in front of her own peace? Are you kidding me? Now? I know some of you were thinking, well, wait a minute, that's the perfect time to lose. No, no, no, no no. Tony's had a long time with the championship, a very long time with the championship. I think she's ready to give it up. I think where she draws the line, Mariah May hasn't even gotten started, and Mariah May is going to become your ae W Women's Champion. What let's go miss Mariah May. What do you say, Jeff?
Speaker 3: I know, all right, well you know what, Alex are producers too shy to say it, Freddy or two's polite.
Speaker 2: To say it.
Speaker 3: The whole this whole stupid business is too polite. Said, But Jeff said, Mariah May is hot.
Speaker 2: That is hot.
Speaker 1: Everybody says that you're not.
Speaker 2: Tries to be polite. Oh no, it's your Japanese strong style.
Speaker 3: Listen, she's a smoke show and I like what she If anybody hasn't listened to our interview with her, go back and listen to it. She's awesome and she's smart. I think she's gonna win this, dude. She convinced me.
Speaker 1: Next up the American Championship. That son of a bitch MJF. Yes, everybody hates MJF. He's being mean to British people all over the place, no matter where he goes. He's being mean to Americans wherever he goes. He takes hats off of children, he spills beers and guys. He doesn't even give him free merch after he son of a But he's a champion and he's fighting the former champion, will Ospray everybody's favorite wrestler does the illest shit in the ring you've ever seen, and he does it like it's nothing, like it's a piece of cake, and in front of his hometown in London. Now, normally, if this was WWE, one of them's got to lose, Jeff, they won't let both hometown heroes win. That's the WW thing. They never would do it. But this is aw and it's a whole new will Ospray is going to take the title back from MJF. And this could start a whole rivalry where they start going back and forth like Randy Orton and John Cena back in like two thousand and nine, back and forth, and they make this title mean something, perhaps even more than the aw World Championship if they're awesome enough. So I pick will Ospray to defeat that scumbag MJF who talks nothing but shit about the fine people of England and the United Kingdom and all our British listeners out there. I have love for you, and will Ospray wins. What do you say, Jeff, Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I've never once voted against MJF. In fact, you'll never ever hear me say anything bad about MGF or pick against him. Listen, will Ospray might be one of the best wrestlers in the business, but nobody has my loyalty more than MJF. I think he will stay the champion. I think he will humiliate those people and on this everyone off in England or the way he deals with will Ospray, which will further fuel that flame. There's nothing better than being a bad guy getting to be like talking trash in England. It's gonna be amazing, it's gonna be awesome, and they're gonna be pissed at MJF because he's gonna leave that building with the bell.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: You almost talked me into changing my vote was It's gonna be perfect.
Speaker 3: It's gonna piss him off so bad. It's just Huntings the heel.
Speaker 1: You pissed me off by almost changing my mind. So I'm staying with Osprey just despite you, and you're you're just as bad as MJF. That's what I think. I love him. It's the best is next up Mercedes Monday, the champion, the TBS champion with a pretty cool finisher by the way, versus the dentist Britt Baker D m D. She's back. We love her. She's cutting emotional promos in the ring. She's dressing up in costumes and whipping people's asses. She has to deal with more than just Mercedes. Now she has to deal with their muscle as well. It's not looking good, however, however, she's got a chance, Jeff. She's got a chance she had. She didn't make any promises like the babyface makes promise, so there's a chance she could lose. There's a chance she could win. This is a hard one for me to pick, Jeff, But I don't see a world where Mercedes can't still be champion yet. And I think there's gonna be some interference and BRIT's gonna get screwed by Camille Brickhouse. They just call her Camille.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: She's gonna have to deal with Camille, deal with Camille. It's a sitcom from the eighties and not a good one. Got canceled after three episodes, but I think that's gonna cause her the loss, and she's gonna have to get it in Chicago a few weeks later and everyone's gonna love it. So I'm going with Mercedes Monday to retain, and I think we're gonna disagree.
Speaker 3: No, I love Britt Baker and I love Sasha Banks. I won't call her Mercedes Monete. I love that they brought in Camille. I love that they brought her like it's yeah, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it feels like Mercedes Monet is like best mic work or best kind of stuff since since.
Speaker 2: The addition of her.
Speaker 3: I think that Mercedes Monet will retain her championship. There's gonna be some shenanigans, but I think that that's how that's how it's gonna go down. And then if she loses the belt, you know, I think it'll be in the weeks to come, it will be to Britain.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Just not It's just not just not yet London, all right. The final match of the night the ae W World Championship two time guests Swerve Strickland the champion versus Brian Danielson in a career versus title match. It Brian loses, he will never wrestle again. I wish he wouldn't have said that if he wins, he can keep wrestling as long he won't be under contract, but he'll be the champion. Now, the business mind goes, he's not gonna win, he's retiring, He's not gonna win. He's gonna give us a great match. Somebody will come in, maybe interrupt the match, and that way he goes, oh, it was a disqualification. I didn't lose, so I can still wrestle from time to time after I have surgery. But your heart believes in Brian Danielson because the Yes movement was real, Jeff, the Yes movement was real. Wwe buried Brian Danielson, buried him then known as Daniel Bryan, and the crowd was not having it because he was John McClain from the Diehard series. He was that movie you see where you go, Yeah, that happened. That's what I would do, and I'd save the day, even though most of us would be that guy Ellis from Dieharden, that's just doing cocaine and he shot in the head later, right, But we believe in John McLean and that's who Brian is. That's that's what he represents. He's the everyman. He's the Yeah, if I would have put in the work, if I would have worked hard, I could have done that too, and that's why we'd love it. And because of that, it makes it so freaking hard to pick against him when he says something like I'll never wrestle again, because my brain can't process that yet. I wish I had a better relationship with Brown. You know, we only worked together for a little bit. I wish we would have traded numbers and I kept in touch all these years because I'd just be like, dude, no, like, just wrestle once a year. Who can All that said, there is a scenario where he could win, and he says, every championship match is my last. If I lose, I'm out. If I win, I'm in, and I'm not going to be under contract. I'm just gonna be your ae W champion. I don't necessarily believe that story that I'm pitching you right now, but I'm just saying it could happen. All that bullshit aside, Swerve Strickland is retaining the championship. Oh, after all that, After all that, Swerve Strickland is retaining the championship because I think that he can't do it. He can't win if he's retiring, he can't win.
Speaker 3: If I'll put one little piggyback on one of the things you said too about the the Yes movement and yeah, Brian Daniel Brian that maybe people have kind of misremembered Brian Danielson or at the time Daniel Bryant was small.
Speaker 2: Now this wasn't a common thing. Now everyone at AEW is five foot five.
Speaker 3: This this guy was this little like you said, he was diehard was he was?
Speaker 2: He was he was writing to be this and he became the star.
Speaker 3: Because if you have that many people chanting yes and they got to put you over, they say, oh, hey, the numbers don't lie.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. This guy is over.
Speaker 3: He did it himself and so he's awesome and I'll never disrespect him.
Speaker 2: My love this guy a lot. I think he wins.
Speaker 1: But also you're gonna make me change my mind.
Speaker 2: I think he wins. But here's here's what I will say. Wouldn't it be a great bad guy move?
Speaker 3: Like as a heel This is totally separate from this worst trick when versus Brian Anderson match, But like, wouldn't it be a great bad guy move to be like, oh, it's a retirement match.
Speaker 2: I just don't know. I'm not doing that, but he tire. You make me like Union, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, it's such a good idea, shave your hair match, and then you're like, you lose the match.
Speaker 2: I'm not shaving my hair. Just just don't. That's such the bad guy, perfect bad guy move.
Speaker 3: That being said, I think Brian Danison wins and we don't have to worry about that. He's gonna retire, he's gonna get the next surgeries, he's gonna do all those things. But I don't think he would ever just say I'm not going to wrestle again. I think it's ridiculous stipulations, and the stipulations are so ridiculous that I think he wins.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, I might flip and.
Speaker 2: Then he might give the belt up.
Speaker 3: You know, he'll like, in three weeks, I'll have some tiery goodbye about how he needs next surgery and he's got to raise his daughter and he wants to be present, and then he'll just give the belt away and they'll do some tournament to get the rights to fight for the belt, and then Swerve will be like this was mine all the time, and so they'll you know, but I think that we make a big to do about Brian Danielson's going away, but I don't think that to do is him losing to swerve strickling.
Speaker 1: Fine, I switched Brian Danielson wins. Yeah, we got them. You almost got me with MJF two, but you did it so ha. All right, y'all, that's all the matches for all in I kind of wish I was there in Amazing, But the next one's at Texas. Jeff, You're going to Texas. Love for us, some love for us. We could do a little field trip.
Speaker 2: Me, you and our giant producer Alex.
Speaker 1: We could all make it. That would be pretty crazy, but anyway, enjoy the pay per view. Make sure you guys tune in every week. We love that you guys like both shows on behalf of Jeff. I'm Freddy Prince Junior, who we out. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your paper shows.