Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something y'all? What's going on?
Speaker 2: But the Dream Ray.
Speaker 3: He's a legendary Queen's rapper, Hang Haanks Agreed is your boy in OI?
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up is DJ E f N?
Speaker 4: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This is drinks Champa with every day is New Year's Eve? Hanghank Segree is your boy in O?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Is DJ e f N? And this is drinks Ray? Every day is New Year? What the hell you're not saying that?
Speaker 5: I mean, every day is New Year's or your birthday or your birthday or your birthday. And I got we got our first hip hop legendary guests, our.
Speaker 2: First first guest because we had a basketball player.
Speaker 5: But now we got the two legends in a row, two legends, and we weren't doing legends. No, come on here, no, no, no, you gotta pay you before you get to drink cham podcast. Okay, who do we having?
Speaker 1: The building? Fact? Joe? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's up, y'all? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Brothers?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Brother Last night, I got a chance to be in your studio session and you and Remy Ma actually done an album.
Speaker 2: Oh dad, yeah, crazy though.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Nah, you're humble. I don't have to be humble for you. I'm hold up people like us. We weren't there. So when you say together, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: It's a complete album.
Speaker 2: Together or is it young executive produce?
Speaker 1: Her, me and her back and forth?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Shit crazy.
Speaker 5: I was amazed, you know what I'm saying, because I heard Remy's mixtape.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't think that was Remy Ma. Like what I mean by that is I didn't. I didn't think she felt comfortable with the mixtape. Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But she came over from jail six years, right, and everybody in they money, everybody and their mother ran at her. And you know, she has certain loyalties to, like certain producers that she been fucking with for years, so everybody was running at her, and she was just like all right, ay, so this is I don't think she really even knew what was hot. So what was crazy was? You know, we all know it's wrapping is like riding a bike, like you know, we know she nice and ship. She just got to get in pocket and make and be produced. Right, so you know that mixtape?
Speaker 2: Let me talk right there.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you kind of even though you probably didn't touch no buttons, but you felt you felt.
Speaker 2: Like you produced this though, because.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like it's like if lean Back had babies. That's what I felt like. It was a it was but you know how perfect that record is, like how.
Speaker 2: It hit the moment.
Speaker 5: I'm not just New York City, but that's what the whole album felt like. It felt like, Yeah, like so I kind of felt like you produced it, although.
Speaker 1: I produced it. It's a whole ship.
Speaker 2: It's hard and she sounds.
Speaker 1: So what happened was I was on the couch when she gave me the go ahead. You know, usually how did this happen?
Speaker 2: How did the talk happen?
Speaker 1: Y'all doing well? Me and her? We was just you know, before she even came out, we talked on the phone. We squashed whatever beef we had or whatever the case may be. I never really had beef for Remy. And then so when she came home, we started going to dinner, lunch, like she would just call me up, yo, where you at I'm like, I'm in the Bronx, should come over eat and we just brother and sister shit. And then she told me. She was like yo, she was like, you ready to get it in And I was like, yo, I've been waiting. I'm like, you know, I'm like, I'm not trying to push you. I saw what I don't know. Remy's bugged out. So I don't want this podcast how to hear this and get mad at me. But you know, like I saw how niggas was pulling her when she first came home, Like niggas. You know, two days after she come on for six years, Swiss Beats got a record with her. This when now everybody was tugging on her.
Speaker 5: She came home like the female Tupac. Let's just keep it ready, yeah, like the female Tupaca.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting back like I know what's best, but you know, it's nothing I could do.
Speaker 2: Let her do what she gotta do, do what.
Speaker 1: She gotta do. So as soon as she told me, I was like, yo, like I mean, it's a no brainer. Like I knew that was supposed to happen a long time.
Speaker 5: Ago, but it was presented to you as a whole project at first, or just happened.
Speaker 1: What she said. We did the BX Fight Club, so that's the that's the only time I performed it Remy in all those years. So they had me I did. I did a favorite for holding them and I.
Speaker 2: Brought which that's crazy. But b X hole over for the strip, so I came out. We had so.
Speaker 1: I had to.
Speaker 2: So I went over there and I did it.
Speaker 1: The brons was in there deep, and I brought out Remy as a surprise, and and you know, just the smiles and people's eyes and what I always say is people like Fat Joe a lot and people like Remy Ma a lot. They love to get Fat Joe and Remy. So it was just different. Like I'm looking at the crowd, she's rocking, I'm looking at her. So afterwards, when I walk into the car, She's like, yo, man, it is different. Man, Like these these people go they love to see me with you was differ, friends, y'all telling you I've been performing everywhere. It's different when I'm staying with you. I said, so what are you saying? You know you want me to get to it. She's like all right. So then I sat on the couch, and you know it had to be perfect, like I view us and I don't want niggas to kill me, but like a jay Z Kanye West, like a Snoop Dog Doctor Dre, like a you know, you got to realize the last record we put out wear forty seven weeks number one.
Speaker 2: Which was lean Back, so the only way everybody makes a noise from goddamn forgot.
Speaker 1: So you know that ship was like that ship was like number one record for ninety years and nine months. Remember, and the nigga who beat us was floor Rider Low like he beats everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he beat me.
Speaker 1: Like we almost had to song of the decade Roland so that so you know, when when I came to fuck with this, I was like, all this ship gott to be incredible. She knew that too. So I sat on the couch and usually take me a month. It took me like nine months. And I ain't gonna lie, you know, you know me and you my brother, and he called me the Puerto Rican puff Daddy. This nigga's crazy for years. So I actually was confused. So this was the first time in my life that I made a project that I was actually challenged, like I was like questioning myself because I wanted it to be so perfect that I was like, oh, ship, So the problem is we come from a different era, right, and we got fed Joe remy fans. But yeah, instead, we want to make music that's relevant with these young niggas too, but not sound crazy, like like not do to the picking my bookers, picking my bookers. We don't want to do that, ship, right, but we want to do music that the DJ.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: It feels like Joe Crack ribby Ma, but we could turn that bitch up and fucking Rolex ko D right now. That's hard, like really hard. Like I'm telling you I know everything about music, Like I mean like I don't even know. I don't know how to explain it to you in any other way.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: Call you give me some wine. So listen, the niggas turn around, nigau. So the niggas turned around. It was hard to do, so it's almost I had to become a chemist. So not only was I on the couch, I was in all the clubs like day and night, day and night while I was doing it. So I went to Toronto for a weekend and went to twenty clubs and sat there and most of the ship they was playing. I didn't even know it. I went to Washington Heights, set in every club every night to see what they doing, sushi mambo. I went to the Brooklyn, to Queens, to the strip clubs, to the everywhere to hear what the fuck was going on?
Speaker 5: Now in New York City is only in Queens. Throw it out there, continue the story, sir.
Speaker 1: Well, I was in Georgia's diner last week and I was looking for you on So I'm chilling right. So the long story short, I wanted it to be perfect. I still wanted to be perfect, and it was a hard thing to do. So you know the fact with Remy, you know, even Pat Poos he turned around and he was like, yo, Joe, he was like, you know, he said, So I'm telling Remy, yo, come to Miami, come to the studio, come on, let's rock out. So she got a husband. Now she ain't my little sister, you know back of the tall bus. She could just leave. She got a fucking family, a husband. So I don't know what's going on. So I got to go to New York and turn up with her and be like, all right, I rented the studio. Let's go, let's lock in, come down right. So by the second day, the nigga Pat Woo said, Yo, Joe, you know what I said? What he said, man, my bag? I said what you mean he said, cause you know it's my wife and she's telling me she got to go to Miami and stay for two weeks or three weeks with Joe. I'm like, fuck, that sound like right? So no, no so, but he was like, Yo, I've been in here with you two days. He's like the shit you bring out of her the ship. Y'all niggas get from each other. I get it. Y'all gotta be with each other. The chemistry is crazy. Y'all gotta be with each other. Y'all gotta turn up with each other. So you know, it was crazy, and you know we did. We did her half in New York and you know, we had Fred the Garson in the studio every day. You know, Pat Poost was chilling. She was there, so we I just felt like we was just real well grounded with the musically.
Speaker 2: The whole project of Dominantly in New York City.
Speaker 1: Nah. I produced it in Miami and then I went up to New York to do Remy's half in New York.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, but from that research that you did when you was going to the different clubs and what what did you get out of that?
Speaker 1: Did you get? I got what I got, Yes, I did. I got a lot of literate shit of the universe of what's going on? What did that bring to the project that brought the single Okay singles call all the way up? So what happened was I.
Speaker 5: Was, can I say who is featuring or yeah, keep featuring in French Montana. My single off of Drunk Uncle is also featuring in French Montana. So New York is just keep it in New York right now, New York being ourselves that shout the audience Come On.
Speaker 1: Is produced by exclusive young up and coming producer out here in Miami. The Niggas Incredible, He's the future and also Infrared wrote the hook. So Infrared, you know that's my brother, the.
Speaker 5: Drunkest man and the drunk the drunkest guy in America.
Speaker 1: He's any drunk nigga in the world.
Speaker 2: This is chance, you know.
Speaker 1: I love him. So I was in Washington Heights and I was just studying the crowd. See when I go to clubs. It's like being in college. I watched to see what the bitches like. I see what the niggas like. I see what how niggas feel, the drug dealing nigga, that broke nigga. I'm just watching everything. So I'm sitting there. You might be thinking, Yo, this nigga, Joe Krack is either full of himself or you know he's arrogant or what the fuck is wrong with him?
Speaker 2: But I'm sitting then.
Speaker 1: I'm studying everything, every movement popping, so that when I go in the studio, That's how I created Making Ring, That's how I created Lean Back and all my hates is like, I study it and then when I get in the lab, I could just see the whole is like I'm in the club, so I know what it is. And I realized that these niggas want to say I'm all the way up. Nothing cal stopped me. I'm all the way up. That's what they want to say standing on a couch at a club. So shit, incredible, man.
Speaker 2: Now what you call project is Joe remy mom.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna debut the title right now, and I hope niggas don't jack us should I debut it now?
Speaker 2: I think I heard that. I mean your friend for twenty years.
Speaker 1: The name of the album is called plot I So Plombo.
Speaker 2: That's the ship, right, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So the name of the album is called plot So Plumber.
Speaker 2: It's hard. Should be the.
Speaker 1: Money your bullets. You know what I'm saying. However you want it, you know what I'm saying. We ain't got a problem paying. But if you front, you know what's coming.
Speaker 2: But it's not a group name though. No, don't don't do.
Speaker 1: Don't do the Fat Joe featuring Remy or Remy feature and it's a brotherly love niggas both of us.
Speaker 5: Now you're thinking about album independent, We are independent.
Speaker 1: Everything I put out the last nine years been independent. Mega Rain went number three in the country.
Speaker 2: And Talk About Michael.
Speaker 1: Went number three, depended another round number three. Independent. Everything I do. I've been in the independent.
Speaker 5: All right, you off snapchat duties now because I need you with the with the with the whistle. Good guyside got that's my guy.
Speaker 2: It's coming right now, that's.
Speaker 3: Right now, watching nor he's a bully. He's on the littlest guy here. Hey, this is my guy, right here.
Speaker 5: Listen, you have duty when you're down with our cow, whether you're small, big, everybody has.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The vibe of your crew. I love how everybody's team spirited. But you've always maintained that whether you was fucking with niggas from the Bronze Queens wherever. You know, you such a real guy, such down to earth that you know niggas clean to you and they love you. So everybody play their position, you know what I'm saying, And that's what it is. You know, with me, people don't realize. You know, I was always number two and then was forced to go number one. So now how I could explain that to you? When when I came up in the streets, my god, Tony Montana, he was number one Terry Squad.
Speaker 2: I always sees just the piece.
Speaker 1: So Joe Krack was vice president type ship. You know, he was the live wire. And I come up in there after he do some crazy ship clean it up right, So then you know, and then when he passed, my brother was number one, and I always maintained number two. So I always was cool being number two. So then when I started rapping and this fat Joe and then I bring Pun in the game, and I realized that Pun is a hundred times better than me.
Speaker 2: I fell right into number two. I was like, Yo, let's hope, I'll hold the door for this thick. I ain't ask you something that I always wondered.
Speaker 1: So you met me through Pun, yes, sir, so so Pun had remy she is big puns artist.
Speaker 2: Because I don't remember Pun, I don't number Pun.
Speaker 1: I was so jealous. God, I was so jealous because it wasn't too many crews where you had a nigga as nice at Pun and then you had a bitch that was like the nicest bitch in the game. So he was like, yo, twin, I want you to hear this girl I signed, and I'm like, all right, so I see if she had the level vest I can never forget that ship. And then she just went off for like ten minutes streets and that's what she was saying, I shoot the air bubba, welch, you're sneakers. I'm funks. She was just going. I was like, so jealous, man. I was sitting there like, oh my god, why my head was saying why I didn't find her? Why I didn't find it? So then after she rocks Punt history zual Twin. You know she you artist Twin, Like you know she signed to me, but we signed to you label. It was Terror Squad the whole time he discovered her from he say, Yo.
Speaker 2: He's signed it.
Speaker 1: He just covering up. But he's like you like Yo, Joe was coming to you anyway, nigga. But I'm just saying I want to say to my artist. I'm like, my nigga, thank God, and uh, you know what.
Speaker 2: You did to deal with her after Pun passed or nah.
Speaker 1: Na Poem was alive. Wow, we did the deal with her. But while Poem was alive, you know Pun, you know Pun. You know what I'm saying, most loyal, realist nigga in the world. We don't just say that because he's dead because some niggas dad piece of ship. You know. Puem was one of the most loyalist niggas in the world. But most fun I mean the way I say it is like, you know, I was the youngest kid in my house. You know what I'm saying. I never had a younger brother, So Poem was like the young brother I never had, and I was like the big brother he never had. And immediately. You know what I'm saying, It's almost like a relationship, you know, in order to make a marriage last, It's like you really got to sign it mentally and heartwise. You gotta really say, no matter what happens, I want to stay with this woman for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Goddamn, cut your hands to that, exam. I'm just saying, let's not give.
Speaker 1: It's just like y'all, nobody's stopping this ship, right, And it's the same thing with like you know, with me and pun. You know, after I heard him round for the first time, he sat in my car and he immediately I don't know how and why, but he was telling me ship. I wouldn't tell Nori now about myself, and that's my brother, Like I could go to war with norriy Like, I don't really kill for Norri, He'll kill for me. I would not tell him some personal shit in my family growing up and all that. So five minutes later, I'm riding with the nigga. This niggas telling me the deepest ship I ever heard of the and I'm sitting there with him. I'm thinking to myself, you know, I'm a street nigga, I'm like, why is this nigga telling me all this ship? Right?
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there like this.
Speaker 1: So I knew his life story the first twenty minutes after I left him. I met him already. They knew it. But let everybody.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Because we were in and there like like like Tata right.
Speaker 5: Jay Z's boy had brung me beyond that right, and I had to join. And he said, Yo, she wants to.
Speaker 1: Do this record.
Speaker 5: She wants to do it like barbatosh and listen.
Speaker 2: Check check what I said. Listen.
Speaker 5: But she wonted fifteen bands. I had a million dollar budget at the time. I said no, right, I said no, I passed on that.
Speaker 2: Did you know the minute you met pun that this was the next dude?
Speaker 1: Or was it instant or like I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest with you. I know music probably more than anybody. It's just the truth. If this industry wasn't scared of me for being such a gangster nigga.
Speaker 2: I would be the president of everything.
Speaker 1: Nobody really know more than me. Every time they turn around and give a nigga a new job, they I put it on blast the minute they gave Joey Ai president of in this go. He picked the phone up, call me and say, I learned everything from you, my brother. Please, you don't even understand everything. I know. It's because of you everything I like. Niggas get presidents and they studied you my whole life. You are the smartest nigger in but they scared of me, so they won't give me that position. Don't know why, because I'm the nicest nigger in the world. That's a fact, that's right. So when I met pun and the niggas started rapping, so all right, the scene is I told her a million times. I don't want to tell shit on your shit that I told everybody by but I'm gonna just say it because we family, So I go. You know, I was one of the only rap him being another one too, so I can't stunt on him. But I'm one of the only rappers that actually was rich, actually was gold already and was still in my hood.
Speaker 2: Like I live in Apartment five E.
Speaker 5: Like literally, hold on, everybody better make noise for this. I am also from Apartment five E, so you know what's crazy.
Speaker 1: I studied hip hop. Jay Z was also from Apartment five what what does that mean?
Speaker 5: In a project we gotta bring He's from Miami, now I know what literally what that means.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, is there a hidden meaning behind him? No, we're gonna We're gonna ask him. You know you're gonna ask.
Speaker 5: Let me also make some noise from my brother Kate. You know ray Kun's whether he'd be once who will.
Speaker 1: Take heavy birthday?
Speaker 2: Happy birthday?
Speaker 1: He said, I don't see the God. Okay, okay, God.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 5: Somebody gave that man a drink. Somebody get that man to drink. We ain't got no brown, We ain't got no brown.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I know you called me and I tell you I had it, but nobody never gave me my sneakers, my purple me. Third, wait, hold on, we got to hear call me. I'm gonna pick it up. I could I still get him on a gone.
Speaker 2: They should listen. He's Joe. Let's go straight. I'm glad you brung it to him. Are you the sneaker king? And if you are, you bve college because I felt.
Speaker 1: Like you and Golly can fuck with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I needn't understand that.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear, but you put him on because I put him onto the sneaky game. You know, he's my brother. He's coming up under the the culture. He's just Callen is like a Fat Joe on steroids, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So he's been with teroids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's on extra drawn that when I when I went, when I went and got him his record deal at Cotch. I started at Relativity with Alan Grumblack, so we didn't really even have no music or nothing like that. So when Callen kept bothering me like, yo, I want to do this album. I want to do this album, I said, fucking nigga, Let's go to New York, right. So we went up in there and the first thing I told Alan Grumbler, I said, you don't understand this nigga is incredible. He's a hip maker and he's Fat Joe on ship. So Alan, of course, but Alan grum Black don't know that. That Alan grum Black. He just went on for what I told, Okay like it was. He just went on for me, hyping him up, telling him like he wanted to be in business with Fat Joe so much that he turned around and was like, Yo, this nigga Joe never lied to me and it was the best thing he ever did in his life. Because Alan gru black pink, I never got royal.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer.
Speaker 5: Nobody gets on He is a good guy, a little bit one of the best I never met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, nobody gets worried he's we didn't deserve it.
Speaker 1: We got to start a royalty committee.
Speaker 5: We got to start something. So now let's get back to the sneak of that. Because I feel like, I feel like you're my brother, right you've always been. If I have to say, one of the best people I ever met in my.
Speaker 1: Life that Joe is there, smart guy? Now what's that?
Speaker 2: I feel like, whatever connect you ever had, I'm always liberty at liberty to that except your sneaker connects never expand for a missile. He'll give you his oozy man yo. But Yo, every time you get a pair of I just always watch his feet. I'm like, he's advanced. You have Michael Jordan's number one speed out? Is this what happens?
Speaker 1: I don't have Michael Jordan's number on speed down?
Speaker 2: But because I feel like you be cheating, you got your connect is cheating connect. It's a Cheico. It is a cheat, Chico is.
Speaker 1: But I deserve it because I've been committed to this ship forever. Before it was cool to be a sneak ahead, I was a sneakerhead, you know what I'm saying. So they know my dedications.
Speaker 2: I'm not a sneaker had like you. I gotta give it to college.
Speaker 1: You call it Clark can't. Clark is a guy named mayor mayors.
Speaker 2: Don't know, hasn't made my mathematics yet. He's my guy.
Speaker 1: A god, you know, he's a god.
Speaker 2: He has his own sneaker at Nike. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, he has a couple. He's uh, you know, he put it down legends.
Speaker 2: Now somebody offered you their own sneaker. I know, did did you have like a Stephan Marberry sneaky that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did one for the community, very cheap. You know, give it to the kid.
Speaker 2: But now Kanye is killing him. If you would have your own sneaker, line like, what would you do over?
Speaker 1: It would be the hottest ship and what but what would you aspire to be?
Speaker 2: Who would you pick?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean I wouldn't say it because.
Speaker 2: Competitive very smart man. You're always doing his thinker can, He'll tell me everything.
Speaker 5: So now let's just let's just rewind on everything. Probably the most fun I ever had traveling was when Triz was hot.
Speaker 2: Everybody's getting scared. It's pretty great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's everybody's scared of days.
Speaker 2: What's awesome.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about it.
Speaker 2: I didn't say you talk about it. I didn't even ask a question. It was just but Tris is played out?
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: Or is that good for the community? What do you means is played out?
Speaker 1: People don't want to trust good for the community, I believe.
Speaker 5: So everybody makes a noise when Tris being dead. I'm gonna tell you when I canna see you, I'll tell you what I stopped my personal story.
Speaker 2: Right, I had two. I always had two. Right, that was cool. But then one day I had three. Right, So I was like yo, I bus like five nuts and they still wanted more. I felt defeated.
Speaker 1: Oh you felt defeated.
Speaker 2: I felt defeated.
Speaker 1: All right, Well what's different? Well?
Speaker 2: You confusing both?
Speaker 1: Okay, the tris means like niggas running the train on a bit like one. Nags is always your style, okay, naj is always your style and you're tested as a man because one thing I noticed about women is that they can never have enough. You can never have enough, you can never like. They can never really tell you realistically and from the bottom of their heart. Yo, I'm tired. I quit. They canna keep going forever a couple.
Speaker 2: Atfully, but that day I like the man.
Speaker 1: They go from it. They go from like Yo, they want to get please. Actually, na, Now this ship has worked. This niggas fucking me seven hours. I'm working like I need a salary for this ship right here. Trez is the trains Minas is different thing.
Speaker 5: It's always a beautiful I'm gonna give you a story one time. I never put this out this footage. I actually have it on footage.
Speaker 1: One percent.
Speaker 5: Jesus Tony Sunshine, Oh my big Pun, this is how, this is how, this is how you know Big Pun was one of the greatest individuals in life. Puff Daddy pays me for a little Jerome. You remember a little Jerome back in the days. Well, little Jerome had did a blood money beat. So puff Dad he never pays good, but he pays it, never pays good, but he pays.
Speaker 2: It's great. Pup pitsed me says Yo, No, I need you to do this. Put the room.
Speaker 5: So I'm like all right, cool, but like it's all one fee because you know, I was like, all right, I'll do that for the song and then for the video.
Speaker 2: No, it's not how, it's how puff.
Speaker 1: Daddy, bro.
Speaker 2: It's on one feet like a black jew. You gotta do it. You gotta do it because it's fuff daddy.
Speaker 1: And front you want to go to his house for New York.
Speaker 2: That makes up for every dance, for everything. So Papa it's me and goes all right. So now I'm shooting a little bit your own video. This is the carbet. You remember the car I remember the car So Pun got puffed at the carbet. So Pun says Yo, cool Nory, Let's tell Nori to come over here. So now Pun got fucked up earlier. Today, Papa is like, make sure you're on time, please, Norri.
Speaker 5: We don't have this kid, don't got a budget. Pun makes Puff call me and goes, Yo, come over to the carpet.
Speaker 1: Nigga, what you at you?
Speaker 7: Nor?
Speaker 2: I said, you sure? You want me to leave your video? Then Papa's like, Pun with the nigga shooting my video? We just we just told him to leave. So I said, your pun come over here. Pun comes over here. He brings Tony Sunshine and I forget what other two dudes, but I have it on camera one hundred percent. You remember I used to run around with the camera.
Speaker 1: You was ahead of time. I was ahead of time.
Speaker 2: I was blogging before it was blog blogging.
Speaker 1: You was blogging.
Speaker 2: So fun comes and these two chicks they see him. He's like elch Asian girl and a black girl.
Speaker 5: Right, So I got my Bronx people with me. When I got my queens people, they all know each other all the like the hood niggas, like they all know each other.
Speaker 2: So they're like, yo, we go on the vans like kiss up? So just never kissed?
Speaker 1: Was gay?
Speaker 2: Nothing? It's on camera. I can one hundred percent prove this.
Speaker 1: They kiss somebody's wife now, moms or somebody. That's why.
Speaker 2: Why you want to foot the job?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: So whatever?
Speaker 5: Then they had we had a Queen's versus Bronx fuck off, like whoever busts.
Speaker 1: For the loser? But why is you? We're all in the van, you remember in the van niggas the fantastic yo dude, and like it's like your putting in that word.
Speaker 5: But you're right next to you, so you shouldn't bust like it's like you hold it downas like yo, yo, I got the whole ship on film, So now it was.
Speaker 2: A wonderful day.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful time. I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Pun yelled to Tony's right, but they went and they got the Super Squirters.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: This is zero below decrease in New York City when they got the water gun up the Super Squirters with this New York City snow, I'm not talking about the fresh snow.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the snow where you see Yellow ship in there and you see the blacks, the blacks and they put the snow from the Super Squirter, waited till it melted. The bitches fucked the whole crew. Why do we have to do anything. As soon as they came up, they squirted.
Speaker 2: A film and the bitches, this is back in the days, they didn't even.
Speaker 1: Care they was lasting.
Speaker 2: They felt like yo, fuck yuh. This is one of the wildest nights in my life.
Speaker 1: This is a long time ago. No pun you know, pun Uh, you know I was the only nigga could control him. So he would be ducking me and ship because this nigga, the niggas calling me the cops. Cops was like, you know some niggas. I was cool. They was like, Yo, they gonna lock that nigga pun Up. I'm like what they say. He's shooting the old ladies coming out the supermarket with the super soap. So they like, y'all, nigga, we in the hole. He's the only nigga with a six hundred great vans and we're not coming. He's shooting the old ladies with the ship down the Soka and niggas is like, yo, my nigga, he gonna go to jail for this. He's gonna be on the news. So I go over there and got to make a movie. Scream at Pun as loud as you can scream. Mother fuck. I'm telling you, Figga like the nigga's crazy. Man. He was crazy.
Speaker 5: He was crazy recipes he was. He was, uh, well you and pun was my first friends and hip hop damn.
Speaker 1: He was the first that was Hotel Louise Scotcha. I was so gassed because the first ship he said was Hostelois Scotcha holding guns and.
Speaker 2: Felt that way at me, though. He was like, I'm not sure if he's Puerto Rican. What you said, you gotta tell him the story.
Speaker 1: I caught him. He was at the Puerto Rican parade and I've seen him, this is the first time, and I helped him up. It was like thousands of niggas around me, and I got the i't I remember a tsunami. So I helped the nigga up and I was like, Yo, what's up, nigga, Yo, we fuck with you, nigga. He was hight right and then, But what he wanted me to get at is he always said he's Spanish, but he with black niggas and he looked black, so we never totally believed it, you know what I'm saying. So one day I'm in Chicago and the nigga called me up. He's like, Yo, you gotta show a House of Blues. I said yeah, he said, Yo, my my family want to come to this show. So I'm like, I ain't no question nor really look at the hotel. I'm in the hotel telling the niggas meet me in the lobby. I meet him, nigga, come over with the guy better than some gray Roman. The niggas like hey, Joe, Like, I am no brother, I'm like, what this be? Like Bobby, you're through sign, you're saying well through some I was like, what the fuck? Nigga? Really, I might have called him honey niggas, Yodi nigga.
Speaker 2: He wasn't fring. I'm looking at the Puerto Rican niggas.
Speaker 1: He's really. Oh my, the real Puerto Ricans came in Chicago, right, Nah?
Speaker 2: That was crazy. That was very funny, man, that was very funny.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So so so let me ask you something right at all?
Speaker 5: All the thing about you is what people don't understand about you is you're actually a lyricist.
Speaker 2: Like you make party records. But even in your party record, like I.
Speaker 5: Told this, I said, Joe is one of my top friends of all time, but when it comes time to do a feature for me, he's like the worst list.
Speaker 2: But not because he's not.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it.
Speaker 2: It's he takes his time with something like you actually do like I know, you never dissed me.
Speaker 5: Like you my brother, Like you know what I'm saying, I ate in your crib, my crib all the time with our families.
Speaker 2: You're my brother, so it's not but You're like, do you think you're a perfectionist?
Speaker 1: Definitely a perfectionist with everything. Yeah, sometimes you know the way ship move nowadays, Niggas get mad at how I am because I like to roll it out, you know what I'm saying, And that's key to a lot of shit. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. Maybe I ain't the smartest nigger, but I want to make sure shit gets this buck for his money with everything we do. You know what I'm saying. With these young kids I'm fucking with right now, to the first niggas I fuck with in years, they got fire, and I'm still like, Yo, we need more. We need more because you can't make a first impression twice and then rap wise, I ain't gonna lie to you. No matter who I rap with, I try to take their head off. It's just a fact. I gotta go in, and you know, you invite me. And he's very scared because fat jokers. People probably probably don't think he's the best rapper in the world. But hold on, I'm just saying, people probably don't think I'm the best rapper in the world, but I'm like the Mexican nigga. You don't want to fight in the boxing because he not going down.
Speaker 2: He's a hell of a fighter.
Speaker 1: He's one of them niggas that you know you scared to fight. You scared to fight him because you know he gonna go. You're gonna have to kill his nigga in the ring, you know what I'm saying. So that's how it is with raps because when you invite me to it, you know, and the worst nigga was Pun, you know what I'm saying. What Pun was going for?
Speaker 2: Niggas had man since Pun died, who was like a person that you did a record with and you.
Speaker 1: Was like, man, let me be on my best, best best everybody everybody. I tell my son that.
Speaker 5: But it's not like just one person, little everybody, everybody.
Speaker 1: Every time I go into booth, All right, let me tell you a secret. I'll tell you in front of the whole world that I never told.
Speaker 2: Nobody's because the whole world listen. It makes for the whole fucking world listening. God damn it. I like when you threw that out there. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Who listen every night my whole career, every night I got in the studio till this night. You know, I never know if I'm gonna die when I leave the studio, So when I do my work in the studio, I go the hardest I could go in history when I work on my music, because if I die, I know that's the only thing that's gonna remind people for years and years, twenty thirty years later that I put it down. Now, if you want to say, fat job, if you want me to tell you how I really feel, I feel like I'm one of the most underrated rappers of all time. And that's why I'm been in the game this long and I still make music. And every time, like every time, I'm like a little kid waiting for his father on Christmas. I'm waiting for niggas to finally give it up. And they act like it's luck that you've been in the game for twenty years. They act like it's luck. Did you put out ten fifteen top number five records in the world. So Villians, they act like this shit, like, yo, he's just a lucky nigga. You understand what I'm saying, But it takes it takes, you know, dedication to that. So like with this this album with Remy, I'm spitting my ass off, and I'm like, all right, maybe this time get you there finally listen to be you know, because right now it's a little different from me. I'm a little older, you know what I'm saying, I'm a veteran. The young niggas don't look at me as a threat no more. I'm not saying physically. They just don't look at me as like I'm their competition.
Speaker 2: So now they're able to.
Speaker 1: Say, Yo, my nigga, we love your ship. You know you're a ved Yo. Fuck with you, nigga, you were a legend. Before it was more like they were scared to tell me that because they felt like we were still competing.
Speaker 2: The thing they don't know is that we really still competing.
Speaker 1: I love that, love that album. We compete. So on this album right here, I'm spitting my ass off so that maybe just maybe niggas can look and listen to this album and be like, ooh this nigga crazy.
Speaker 5: One more, what's the one record that a producer played for you or brung you and you didn't funk with.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're crazy? And the record that you just said, Rihanna, you fucked up my thing when you know I put it out there that I could have signed them and them six times heard this story.
Speaker 2: That's sad. No, I've never heard this story out there. Give it to us.
Speaker 1: It's out there for real.
Speaker 2: Point at what point when I was young and them.
Speaker 1: We went We was having dinner one day, he was like, yo Joe, crack. You know, I gave you my demo six times. I said, what this is? After he's the high but you don't remember. He didn't remember you way before before. So the nigga turned around. He was like, I gave it to you. How can I be down? I gave it to you, Jack the Rapper, I gave it to you in Atlanta. I gave it to you in Jersey when I was with the Outsiders, I gave it. He knew every time he gave me his demo, and I was like, Jesus Christ, I could have had him and now, but the ReCl I sat in the house with Salom Remen and uh and he made Fuuji live for me. Oh and then and I sat trying to feature you sat for me in this living room and I was there with him for hours and then he was like, yo Joe. Like a week later, he was like, yo Joe, you you want this record? And I was like, nah, I'm good. He was like, you want this record? I was like, na, I'm good, and then it was fuuji live know my record was and I got another one bigger than that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let me just tell you because I have the same exact story. Track Masters was in.
Speaker 2: The studio with me and they made y'all up with y'all and I was like, you know, niggas and a laugh. I told him I didn't even want it, but I was still mad.
Speaker 1: You probably wanted to vomit. I'm gonna tell you my story again. See Scott's tortured me. Our chemistry was like if I knew what I knew now, then I probably would have been the richest nigga in the world. Because I worked with Scott Storch five times. All five songs went number one in America. It's just the bottom line. Every time I sat down with the nigga, we made a number one. If I knew that now, I would have had fifty songs with Scott's story at that time, I would have Indeed, I would have.
Speaker 2: Never left them.
Speaker 1: I would have been on a nigga breathing on a nigga like, Yo, Scott, let's do another one your Scott. Let's do nothing right. So I come and I make uh, what is it a candy shop? I made that be dude, do dude, do do do? And then and he was going out with He was going out with with with with uh with with little Kim. So the way I make beats with with with with with Wisconsin's he could play whatever. So I would tell him boom boom being and ben boom boom being and ban boom. That's how I made lean back boom boom boom. He just did whatever I said, like I could damn near beat box it, and he played. So we made candy shop. The crazy ship is. I don't want my wife to to kill me. But we had little Kim up in there moving him Ben there. We was doing the beat to this pitch. She was doing a little boom. I'm like, yo, he gotta be more Arabic d yo. We got little Kim up in there doing the Arabic dance and ship. So then the nigga, now, I'm gonna keep it a buck with y'all nobody. I don't even know if I can keep it too much a buck but what I can say is we did it, but that was right after lean back. It would have been yourmongus hit. And some of my niggas and my crew convinced me not to do it. They was like, oh, you know Shirt, like mean bad, my nigga, you keep going with Scott's starch. I should have been like, yeah, nigga, every time I fuck with him as number one, Nah my son, do this one, and I picked the other shit. I know you've been searching for someone instead of that ship. So Scott might have called me, I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna keep it a buck. Scott called me maybe fifty times in the row. I had no beef for fifty seconds, right, So I had no beef with him at the time.
Speaker 2: You know that was my next question. Let's just say forty times.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you don't want that beat? Everybody says they hit Joe fifty centers in the here right now. He wants to pay me whatever on earth for this ship. Are you sure Joe? I won't give him the beat? Joe, this is your beat? Like he would not stop calling, like, are you sure Joe you don't want this ship? I'm like, nah, the one Yo Joe like it was just O D And I was like, nah, nah, nah, I'm good that ship was like number one.
Speaker 2: In the universe. After you know, he told you to him selling it. He told you before he ain't give up the.
Speaker 1: Song, Okay, I told him, I ain't want it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My artists I wish I would have signed, would have to be hands down for.
Speaker 1: Real, like I don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you that Pharrell told me to sign them, but he said, could you shot my beats?
Speaker 2: This one hundred percent of real story. I went to drink.
Speaker 5: I went to bring him to see Nasi. At the time, me and Nas was mad cool like Nas. He didn't know how to roll like so he did not.
Speaker 1: Roll a blo.
Speaker 2: I don't neither. I wrote the worst blunts in the world. But We're gonna smoke.
Speaker 5: Don't judge me, you know what I'm saying. So never be curved like you. I rolle pregnant blunt ship. You know it's uncircumcised ship, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. But so he asked me to.
Speaker 1: To shot it.
Speaker 5: So I went, I bring it to Nines and he made oh baby, you want me oh, baby, you want me.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be so bad, he said. After you heard it, he said, y'all I made.
Speaker 6: It for Nas.
Speaker 2: I said, damn, I'm not a hater. He's my brother. I brung it to nas Uh. He actually played it.
Speaker 5: Nas loved it in the studio as soon as he left. Now, I said, Yo, why your man's shirts.
Speaker 2: I was discouraged.
Speaker 1: I was like, I know that, Like this was it?
Speaker 2: Like we made super dun dupe nigga.
Speaker 1: We got the number way different in the country like his nigga's doing way worse.
Speaker 5: But he was the first one though, so yeah, so and that that would be my that would be my you know uh because again for real Chad rob Walker. They never said sign me, but they said shot my beats.
Speaker 1: So to me like you know me and you we fall from from the same tree where we helped a lot of people get recognition.
Speaker 5: Getting the game and all we wanted the TV set. Slept on my couch to meet with. But he also we were close a little bit. What in New York City watched my draws.
Speaker 2: I mean I was from at the time. That's my brother, That's what It's true. He had lunch, not do that my son.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Let's leave on shows you the progression.
Speaker 1: Great you got listen is true, it's true. You're talking about true.
Speaker 2: It's not disrespecting.
Speaker 1: It is you, Yo, talking like this.
Speaker 2: He might my floors also.
Speaker 1: General fat Joe's not Coach Stein.
Speaker 2: It's nothing. He brought me a strip. He's my brother. He knows that. I just you know, it's true. Stops true.
Speaker 1: You got it all, guys, you got it all. Say you said it?
Speaker 2: You think crazy?
Speaker 5: You know you could have Yo.
Speaker 2: Don't like me anyways, Come on, I don't think. But I'm just a piece of it. But he's my god brother.
Speaker 1: You know, we got a lot of piece of ship. Brother.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of peo. You got a lot of people that.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of peops because you like, you're not kind.
Speaker 2: It's like what but it's still family.
Speaker 1: It's not fine that the You gotta find the good and people doing negative. That's what my father used to say.
Speaker 5: My father used to say, when you see people, see the good in them first, and then you see the bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I got an uncle. He lies a lot like he's a pathological lion, like like in this summer he'll tell you it's winter, you know, like the nigga just lying, Like why didn't we have lots of friends, like the nigga just won't stop lying to the point of you, like yo, you cannot be serious about this, like you're lying like all of them. I got to pull him to the side. But the new thing I don't I do with him because he's my he's my uncle, he's my blood. I love him, one of my favorite you know. Now when he lies, I'll be like, you know he's lying. You know, I'll tell you in their faith, in his face, he knows. My new shit is to really try to stop him from lying, is like, oh no, he's lying. We didn't go there. We just came from this niggas lying. I love him. He's really my uncle. Don't look at him crazy, because he really is my uncle. He's a fucking liar, but simple, let me ask you a question. You and he has so much great quality, so he didn't lie all the time. Be the best snig in the world.
Speaker 2: So the water, shorty, please, no disrespect, it's actually it's not water. You're killing Jesus. So me and you, me and you, we have a lot like the same thing with good people. We see the good and people.
Speaker 1: We just want everybody to win that we hope that when they do win, they don't forget where they came from and they will always be there for us. And he's so nor he's so full of ship. Bro Nory goes. He says, all right, come to my podcast one may I no. I mean, he comes in the studio last night, stops the studio right and starts playing music and starts telling everybody how I'm his best in the world, but I'm the worst nigga to ask for him verse in his life. But he's subliminately left the track there do the battery in my back to where today? Guess what I'm gonna being saw.
Speaker 2: Listen listen again.
Speaker 5: I know I said it earlier, but I feel like we should praise praise people while they here. Joe has always been there for me, just for people that know I'm I'm the worst of the worst, the best of the best in between.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And I say that I say that too, like I remember like like job, Joe is my brother, but it was rough being a job rule one point.
Speaker 2: I remember walking with joy Roll in the mall and people going.
Speaker 1: And running.
Speaker 5: This is before Twitter, you know what I'm saying, Like right now people people would do it like this.
Speaker 2: I remember one time, like we were hanging out and I was like, I was going to the mall.
Speaker 5: He was like, well are you doing sh but mind you, he's the biggest.
Speaker 2: Like I'm okay, I can walk.
Speaker 1: Around though, right, I'm okay, yo, why didn't give you a podcast? And then it was like, I'll go with you. He's whatever.
Speaker 5: He's fifty number one a hit or off, but fifty is killing him on the streets in the radio. He's the biggest thing and alive. So we walking through the mall and I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: You know, it's nothing.
Speaker 1: This is my brother.
Speaker 2: I ain't thinking nothing of it. I just heard you bit and I'm like the first time. I'm like, I'm gonna act like I ain't hear that one?
Speaker 1: You feel me? Because I'm like, just do that.
Speaker 2: Ain't for me, So just keep walking. This is my homie. Let's keep up.
Speaker 1: I heard it again. Now this time.
Speaker 2: This is when the sweats come down. You know, you know when that one piece said why don't John Ruins doing?
Speaker 1: He just kept walking out.
Speaker 2: He the first one too, we both ignored the.
Speaker 1: Person's kept it moving.
Speaker 2: But the second one was like, and you can tell it was like a white boy.
Speaker 1: He was just a fan and just wanted to say, let's just say, let's just say, let's just say, what point is I stuck with? You supposed to? Now, let's just say that's what real friends do, and this business is built on fake friends. So let's just keep it a thousand. So they say the real recognize the real. The truth is, we gotta flip that around and say the fake recognize the fake, because if you really in this industry, then it's almost like you got AIDS. There ain't no realness in this shit. Just know that, right, So we celebrate the real. But it's hard because if you analyze the ship to be going on, you can't make no sense of it. Right, So let's just say DMX probably had it the worst. Well, hold on EMX. Probably DMX has demons. M X has been using and abusing drugs.
Speaker 2: He almost supposed to call it in tonight.
Speaker 1: He almost died. Do you know you almost died? Last week?
Speaker 2: I sent the pastor to his hospital. I was, you said, the pastor to his hospital? You said, the past his hospital. That's like a whole other podcast by itself, because you know what, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: You know what can say.
Speaker 2: You know what you say is a fact. Let me tell you I was.
Speaker 5: I was smoking we with d m X one night at four o'clock in the morning. First of all, I got a record from.
Speaker 2: When he was ten million. When he was ten million, I got a wreckord with m I can't say I'm coming.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna get in trouble in all the blogs. I'm fucking with y'all. You're not y'all get it all out.
Speaker 2: Listen one time you gotta go, you gotta get. You gotta hear my DMX story.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta I got a.
Speaker 2: Whole long yo, Joe. This nigga sold ten million at the time. The greatest managers Ali Ali is my We know A went on tour with me. He did everything.
Speaker 5: This is my But Ali used to sell rims and queens. That's how we know him from back in the day.
Speaker 2: He used to work up queens and militia. So check it. I'm one death jam. So I called death Jam.
Speaker 5: And I said, Yo, I need you to book my flight to go see DMX. I'm ana fly on Monday and I'm gonna return on Wednesday. So Tina Davis, who is Chris Brown's manager, Tina Davis calls me and says.
Speaker 2: Nobody does the record with the dog Daddy easy for mind you.
Speaker 5: I seen DMX and River Park towers four o'clock in the morning. Niggas are throwing refrigerators out of you know what towers in the Bronx.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is not Queens. I got family and Damon and LEVI living. Do you understand how.
Speaker 5: It sounds when a fuckingfrigerator drops.
Speaker 2: And these niggas is just standing around. This is what they do for fun. And River off right the m X coming through there at four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: I see niggas gonna try bottom line, Nah, it's not happening, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Die just to make sure he's good. Me and Ex is good. He got the sold till man at this time. This is the hottest thing in the world DMX, So I say I'm going to l a.
Speaker 1: It's the first nigga to drop two albums. This is this is this first week like disgusting ship. He was doing so that I told you about that method. Man too, I told you I've been trying to school my son about that. So look ship boy.
Speaker 2: So I so Tim David said to me, who is Chris Brown manager?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I think or you to.
Speaker 5: But she says to me, nobody flies into LA on Monday, records with DMX on Tuesday, and it.
Speaker 2: Flies out on Wednesday, Norri. And I'm like, I'm Nori. I'm like, I'm like, you crazy man. She was right, hold on, hold on, wait till I go with this.
Speaker 9: I didn't even see this nigger till Thursday. My nigga, oh, were in the same hotel. We both got the presidential switch in the w and Westwood. He got the he got the two door one. I got the other one with the one doll. Right, I don't even see this nigga. You next door to this, next.
Speaker 2: Door to this nigger. Right, this nigga knocks on my door four.
Speaker 5: O'clock in the morning, Thursday morning, four o'clock, which means that seven am, New York time, knocks.
Speaker 1: On my door. Your dogs you ready, dog?
Speaker 2: So I'm like, holy shit, hell yeah, ready, I know what this is what CNN record too. It's not like a Norri record CNN. This is this is the hood, the hood. I gotta get this ship. He didn't not gonna compone door. He knocked on my dogs. So, yo, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Why did you nor was already platinum? Yes, but yeah, but I had to get the job. This is wrong.
Speaker 2: This is what your man had to do. This is what I had to do.
Speaker 5: The nigga walks works me up, We go downstairs, got six cars downstairs.
Speaker 2: Four days later, so I got this is this is four days it's Thursday.
Speaker 5: I flew out mondayn't see the nigga to Thursday, four o'clock in the morning, which.
Speaker 2: Is technically Friday. The nigga is six cars is downstairs. I tell my niggas, wake up, wake up.
Speaker 1: Bring the car out.
Speaker 2: My car comes out. He's like, no, no, no, no, you're driving with me. So I heard about this nigga with this driving shit. Fuck is line. This is what you gotta do. This is what you gotta do, right, this is what you Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 5: Yo. If anybody ever went stayed at the W Hotel in Westwood, we drove six cars, right plus my two.
Speaker 1: From the W.
Speaker 5: Westwood all the way around right to Ralph's parking lot, which like we could have walked in, so you went around the old ship.
Speaker 2: Just to go right across the street the park. But he he's a driver. He wants to drive there. He doesn't want to walk there. So we pull out God goes you like cars.
Speaker 5: I'm like, he pulls out like seven thousand dollars worth, like the real expensive mo control cars.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh, but what I'm gonna say. I don't want to do this.
Speaker 1: I need this verse.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there with the Mogan troll cars.
Speaker 1: I'm acting like I like.
Speaker 6: Time.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, cool, I did it.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 2: He just drives off. It's over. Never see him again, right boom. The next day he hits me, let's go, noy. I'm like, all right, it's gonna happen. Mind you. Deth Jam's calling me every day. We got the session locked out, three thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 5: For Monday's like yo, I'm like, now I can't, but I don't want.
Speaker 2: To tell them they were right. So I'm like, cheer, cheer, just cheer, just cheer.
Speaker 1: Chip.
Speaker 5: This motherfucker's like, yo, let's go, let's go. He took me to Dublins. Now, I didn't know at the time Dublins was a fucking pool hall. Right, I'm thinking Dublins might be the studio he was going to buying. I never seen the studio paying three racks every day we went.
Speaker 2: He goes to the pool. The second favorite thing I hain't in life. Don't fucking play fucking pool. Playing pool.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting there acting like I like pool again. Fucking Sunday morning. We're just hanging out. I still don't get diverse.
Speaker 2: But he's hanging with me. I know he's not this with me. Some random dude just walks on the street. He's like, yo, door, Max, Like, what up?
Speaker 1: Dog?
Speaker 5: He's like, I got a studio right here, he said, Yo, Norri, look at that.
Speaker 1: We got the studio. I said, I'm done, Josh, take me down, y'all gotta do it. So but he just love your man. He's just like, yes, Joe, excuse you not.
Speaker 5: Bect somebody off the fucking rick random and we're like, are we gonna use this studio?
Speaker 1: I'm like the dog.
Speaker 5: He's like, you, that's what you've been looking for, right, I said, Dog? I had the studio book since Monday, were going there.
Speaker 2: You know, here's the crazy ship. The niggas start laying his verse home. He's guiding it. Me and Paul looking at each other like we got it.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, the music is just dad right, and nobody's in the studio saying nothing.
Speaker 2: So we're sitting there.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting around you know me, I'm like, I'm aa control freak. I'm sorry, I can't help it. So I'm like, yo, yo, what's up. Everybody's didding. I'm saying that I'll open this ship. This nigga is laid out, not out, yo. Everybody's like, yo, nobody wake, nobody fucks with the dog while he's sleeping. I just paid this hunt nigga too. I paid listen, I paid the whole week, and I just paid the.
Speaker 2: Hood nigga because I'm like, he's like, y'all do it for you for free.
Speaker 1: I'm like, now he fell out and need all my five how many how many balls?
Speaker 2: He was like he was like six and a half. Damn you know.
Speaker 1: I mean that was but let me tell you. Let me tell you real quick. The nigga we and Jimmy's Cafe. The nigga d MX come up in there and he sees Tony Sunshine and the nigga had like a love fest. Oh my god, Sunshine, I.
Speaker 2: Fucking love you.
Speaker 4: I'm like.
Speaker 1: Nigga doing he's doing all that ship right. So we're in the bathroom. Were in the bathroom, in the bathroom, Jimmy's Cafe, Jimmy Bosks Cafe. Tony, I gotta work with you, y'all. The ship yo, yo, norm I gotta work with you, same ship right said, This is DMX exactly what you're talking about. Nigga was selling a million records a week. Nigga like out of this world me. You know, Tony signed to me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, great, like, let's work like you know.
Speaker 1: What you want to do. I'm flying Tony to l A.
Speaker 2: Okay, I gotta hear this Doory.
Speaker 1: Same exempt up ship, Tony hanging out with the nigga. In fact, I think I took. I said Tony and mat show Tony and Macho to get it done. And you know Matcho really trying to get it done here. He's that niggas like y'all. He ain't happy, he don't like nothing. So the nigga calling me back every day He's like, Yo, being this nigga got us on the front of that this this, this, this the nigga Tony Sunshine. They finally same ship. I think that was his gimmick. A week later, nigga I forgot the niggas was in that late like a week later, the nigga Macho called me. He was like, Yo, you crack. You ain't gonna believe this ship. God, I said, what happened? He said, the niggas started rapping and went to sleep, no swear to God. And I was like, I was. I was like what he said, Yo, That nigga out like if a nigga hit him with a hammer. And niggas was telling the same ship. You can't wake the dog up. Nobody waked the dog up right now.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm a nigga.
Speaker 5: I tried.
Speaker 1: What is all right? The scary thing about this story is that these stories is in music until you're not a bread maker. When you were brad making somebody like Rest in Peace, Whitney Houston. They was letting her get away with the wildest shit because niggas work for them and they scared to tell them, like yo, chill you bugging out? Yeah, But I mean, but it's how good is your check if you letting if you work for Fat Joe and you're letting them kill himself, deteriorate himself, and you're thinking about your check right now. But at the end of the day, all checks is gone when I'm going and it's an enabler.
Speaker 5: This ship is crazy, my nigga, and let me get back. Let me just tell you the reason why. Because my grandmother had passed away. And my grandmother passed away. A pastor he was out there.
Speaker 2: He was he was listen.
Speaker 1: He was like that.
Speaker 2: He was like the hip hop.
Speaker 5: Pastor, Like he was quoting versus that my grandmother's fucking funeral.
Speaker 2: And like, you know, you don't have fun at the funeral, Like I'm looking up.
Speaker 5: He was quoting lines, hip hop lines, and I was like yo, I said, Yo, give me your number.
Speaker 2: I said, yo, I need I need you. You're his manager. No, I told him I'm gonna need him for I was gonna put him on a drunk Uncle Roger.
Speaker 5: But then I thought about it. I was like, I'm way too negative, you know, the squeeze in something.
Speaker 1: I need this.
Speaker 2: But I helped because if.
Speaker 1: Some blow Moore, I can get the nigga to talk some ship real where where he's just talking that ship and so look, so now let me tell you now, I'm gonna get shot.
Speaker 2: At the one time. So look, one time, we're all in l A. We're smoking, we drinking whatever.
Speaker 5: And in the middle of all that, DMX said, Yo, can you brothers do me a favor? Can you put all that down.
Speaker 1: And pray and pray? He want to do that and do that to me every time I say he, I know you want to pray, Yeah, he'll pray. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I figured maybe he hear it from somebody else. So I put them on this one and we ain't never speaking about this. We ain't never speak about this. Is real.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 2: He knows I love him.
Speaker 1: So every time I see him, we gotta pray, man, right, Yah know, he prays for me, man. But I don't understand, like I don't you know, I don't get it. Man. He's a complicated dude, And it's like it's sad man because people really love him. Sometimes people love you and you deal with so many demons and depression, but they can't even affect you with like sometimes I'm having a shitty day and even if I'm fat, Joe niggas saying y'all, I love you, your music is great, I still feel like shit, you know what I'm saying. So people got to deal with their own things their own way.
Speaker 2: But when you got drugs involved, it's a whole. So we gotta just pray. We gotta pray.
Speaker 1: I had a pastor when I lived in the projects and ship and the nigga would always talk to me and then we just wild niggas and ship before rap music and all that. And the nigga would talk to me and pray all the time. He was also the work for housing that he was the sweep and you know custodian nigga, right, so he would always talk to me and Joey, you know, you need to change your life and this and this and that. And what was crazy is the time when I had got shot, and I got shot maybe fifteen blocks from my block, like I wasn't around my hood. But while I'm laying, you know what I'm saying, getting shot, laying the fucking pastor who used to work in my projects. As I'm running and shit like that, he's out there praying for me. Like the nigga literally is like I see him, Like, I'm like, what the fuck the pastor doing over here? Joey is trying to come to God. You know I was out there praying. You know, I was out there praying, right, So I'm like, yeah, Pastor. You know, I'm always been a respectful nigga and shit, so I'm like, yeah, past the boom. So I remember one time the police was so mad at me to this day, they're still mad, right because they couldn't catch me. So they would hear shots fired, fat nigga with red hoodie, you know, like they knew what was going on. They just couldn't pln it on a nigga and they was just so fucking eat it right. So I remember one time we had some beef and were standing in front of the building and we strapped, I mean like super strapped right, were ready to go down right, and we got no clue. We just you talking about how we're gonna go over here and handle our business whatever. So the pastor come over. You gotta see you, said Yo, Joey. He said, don't look, don't act like you're talking to me. I said, yo's pastor, And we act like we talked. He was like, there's so many cops on both sides of this building there about the rush yard. This is the pastor. I don't even think. He ain't supposed to do that. Right when you in church, you're supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to listen. If you want to relate to the community, you got to be a part of the community. You got to be a party. Yo.
Speaker 1: So this nigga tells me right, So I'm like, word, He's like, Yo, they on that side and that side. So this nigga I was cool with. It's a real passer. This nigga I was cool with. Live on the first floor. I ain't gonna give him no props, give him say his name, but I'll tell niggas. It was like three of us had hammers. I was like, yo, and like the counter. Three nigga we boogy and we diving in Homeboy's window. Nigga some one nigga. We just said, wow, we went, We took off. We all jumped in the window, right, so we shut the window down. You hear the cops like one minute where they go because everybody else ran, but we got away. We got the hammers, but we under the window like a movie, like the windows over us. And we're like, and you hear these niggas. There was like twenty thirty cops both like how did these niggas get away? Right? They bugging out? They on both sides. So if I ran around this building, they catch me on this side or they bugging out, Like how does niggas get away? Right? So we're sitting up there. My man's mom's her name was Cheeky Dina. I'll never forget. She came over to me.
Speaker 2: She was like, she sounds gangster, she said in Spanish.
Speaker 1: She told me in Spanish, but I'll tell you in English. She was like, you guys are bringing me eat to my house. Yo, snack my dog?
Speaker 2: Yo, like you making my ship hot?
Speaker 1: And she called the coup, was like, please don't call it. Catch you Motherfucker's this Dudey's like, Chi, please don't say nothing. But we got away with it. We can never jump jump in the window again with the past that helped me get away.
Speaker 2: That's right, clipping Howard Daniels, is is our that? I sid?
Speaker 5: That's the one you said, absolutely, man, because you know what I believe in, what religion you believe?
Speaker 6: For your religion, if you felt you were sending what he what he prefers into.
Speaker 2: Listen, he prayed for me.
Speaker 5: Like this is source of wards weekend in La when we was on that ship, like your nigga wold like you know what I mean, Like I'm from New York. I'm gonna I'm gonna leave with my jury, Like that's my word, that's that's that's that's how I felt at that time.
Speaker 2: So my mind framed. He's also he also saved me, like when we landed. When we landed, Yeah, when we landed, we see Eve and all this ship.
Speaker 5: Like so we out there and we're seeing like bitches, like you know, like rap bitches, and they fuck with me.
Speaker 2: I got to you know, I got to wreck it out that super Doug was killing them. So I'm thinking it's love.
Speaker 1: It's not love.
Speaker 5: A nigga Dmxican came to my man, this is one hundredercent real story. He said, the dogs got.
Speaker 1: To watch the dog.
Speaker 2: So if the dogs is with the dogs, then the dogs ain't gonna month try the dog. So if the dogs always around the dogs, the dogs stay with the dogs, and a dog.
Speaker 5: Can never come around by itself. The nigga gave them my people's five. As soon as he walk away.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this nigga certified crazy.
Speaker 5: My man from the Bronx twenty two Ronald Joining is his real name. Twenty two is my brother.
Speaker 2: He said, understood everything I said.
Speaker 5: What he said he said, he said, look like the rappers the target make and then me and Poem Poem reached the jag. I rented a Porsch and then we rented like a fifteen passenger van and stay behind us real me. So the dog said, make sure the dogs is always around the dog. Don't never let the dog come out by himself, which meanings, don't let the nigga walk by herself. Like it doesn't matter, like nor Reay is a real nigga. Poem is a real nigga. But they got jury on. That's what it's gonna tracked to them, you know what I mean. Like I was like wow when I deciphered it, I was like, this niggas mad smart, Like he's super smarter than they give him credit for. Then people give him credit for like you know what I'm saying, and super hood.
Speaker 2: First of all, I want to thank you man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, hey, yo, man, this was a long podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, it could have been longer longer. You already say you're not coming back.
Speaker 1: You gotta call this ship like the Bible or some ship.
Speaker 5: You got to like that, chapters of the Fact Bible, the Found Bible.
Speaker 2: Let's go in here for back before you bounce. I got something personal, please, this is personal ship.
Speaker 6: So you know, as Latinos, we grow up and we grasping, like we said, Hotel Luis, gotcha, were grasping onto that as Latinos so and then as Latinos, then we sub grasp I'm Cuban, I'm Puerto Rican, I'm Dominican.
Speaker 2: Then we're trying to find those cats in the game. So you but then I find out, let me find out, I'm Cuban.
Speaker 1: Cuban. You should have known that from day one.
Speaker 2: No, I knew that early on, but it wasn't representing the music.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's really I don't know how to represent Cuban in the music.
Speaker 2: So so what's the story behind that?
Speaker 1: Is my question? Because the only way I like, I break it all down to you, right, the only way to break it down to you is if we did Cuban. We would have to do come on, everybody want you to do that? Comet the come on, I'm nigga, Like that's what it would be, my nigga. So it's like.
Speaker 2: It is it likely where you grew.
Speaker 1: Up what happened is my father's Cuban, my mother's Puerto Rican. My Cuban side of my family was from Miami. Was from like Jersey. They was from Jersey then they moved to Miami. So I grew up with the Puerto Ricans mostly, like really with the Puerto Ricans, with my mother, my father and everything. But I never denied that I was Cuban in any way, shape or form. But I screamed Puerto Rico so loud that Cubans didn't see it. But if you go back to nineteen ninety three when I came out and you read, hey there's a new rapper on this set, he's Puerto Rican and Cuban from day one. No, no go catch it the internet.
Speaker 2: Somebody like for example Kell.
Speaker 6: Like Curious George when he said I'm half Castro, half whatever, like he said.
Speaker 1: It in the line and I didn't know what he meant.
Speaker 2: No, I knew it because I'm Cuban.
Speaker 6: And when Tim was saying Cuban Spanish like they was Cyper Cuban.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I thought there was Mexican George. I thought he was.
Speaker 6: I'm originally from the same hood as Cyper So, I'm originally from La So. But when they were speaking Spanish and they had that song, I forget the Latin Lingua. There wasn't Latin linguals the other record on the on their album to that Sekies they were saying sing guy and this and that, and.
Speaker 1: It was like, you're Cuban, like we knew it as Cubans.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, the Mexican they killed making news, I just found out that the Cuban h yeah, it was Mexican.
Speaker 1: Mel Man was was Cuban? You Cuba?
Speaker 6: His brother is s dog and then be real, I think he's half Cuban half Mexican.
Speaker 1: I think, Well, me personally, I get a little I'm glad we had this conversation, but I get slightly offended because I know I've been representing the Cubans since even even I saw me and you had I've been representing Cuban since day one. So my thing is, well, document meant it like if you go back to my interviews from day one to be like father Cuban, mother Puerto Rican, right, But I did grow up with my Puerto Rican side more. Uh so I always rapped Cuban. I have brothers and sisters from Cuba. I brought back nine brothers and sisters from Cuba over here. You know, I don't even know how they think. While they were there, I was supporting them, building homes for them niggas so they can live, like you can't keep.
Speaker 2: It really than me.
Speaker 1: My father's Cuban, the worst kind of Cuban you can have. Like he'll argue with you politically for ten hours, like you know my family. So you know, I always bucked out when I bumped into a Cuban and they was telling me like, yo, I ain't know you was Cuban.
Speaker 2: I was like, so you I see that early on Like there, I was like, you ain't paying attention. You ain't paying attention, maybe not when you said it originally ninety let's just say.
Speaker 1: So you know you met, like why we didn't say Cuban called Cuban link, right, but Cuban link. He wanted to rap Cubans and you ain't really want to hear that. You really ain't want to hear. Come on, everybody want you to do that. If we would have let that nigga got and we would have let that nigga go, either threw on the guire nigga, we tell a squad soft bron killing niggas, like stop. He really wanted to be the first pit bull, to be honest with you, he wanted the shirt. He wanted to do that bad and we was like, yo, my nigga, we killed nig I remember me, And pun used to argue with this thing, Yo, what the fuck you doing?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: But you know we can't. We made music for everybody, so you gotta you gotta know that we make music for everybody. So hip hop itself is a subculture of sub religion, right. I don't really get offended when white people say, nigga, that's a hip hop fan. I really don't because they white niggas, but because hip hop is one, you know what, it's like a religion. I don't feel like, you know, a motherfucker, you gotta be Spanish, you gotta be black, you gotta be white, you gotta be Chinese, you gotta be I just feel like be proud of who you are, rap who you are, but make music for everybody. And that's some of the problems we've had with Latino rappers. You know what I'm saying. Like me personally, I don't know how they ain't more successful Latino rappers because we put the blueprint out there.
Speaker 2: We've been from the beginning. No, no, no, hip hop is.
Speaker 1: Not black music. It's black and Latino music originally from not that's not the discussion. I'm saying Fat Joe Big pun Nor. We put the blueprints Cypress, like, of course Cypress, but I'm saying Cypress. So what I'm saying that we took dead blueprint right like just keep it real. But it's out there. So what's the excuse is Cipus Hills. They performing for white people, black people trying to how can I kill a man? A nigga want to come. I ain't want to make straight Latino music. I sit down, especially West Coast Latino rappers, whenever I sat down with them and I have one on one with them, because I always want to give niggas knowledge. I sit down and be like, Yo, Poppy, I know you Mexican. We want you to rap Mexican, but make music for everybody. Nah, but you gotta be the biggest nigga. I mean, I think if there was a fly, handsome Mexican nigga spitting that shit, just spitting that shit. Black girls, white girls, everything would fucking love this nigga. You understand what I'm saying. So it couldn't. It shouldn't be a barrier. You shouldn't. You shouldn't enclose yourself to a certain category. And that's how you know. I always approached the game. And me also, I came from a neighborhood that was ninety nine point nine percent black. So it's so imagined. If you see a pack of black lions or black panthers in the in the jungle, and this nigga non stopped calling. Bro, you see a pack of black panthers and you see one white panther with them. That was always fat Jump. Her story was only one only Spanish white nigga with blond hair, with five hundred black niggas just walking through.
Speaker 2: And he was the only Puerto Rican and I was the only queen's dude in the Bronx.
Speaker 10: Like people not people used to be like, why are you here? I used to be like, why are you sure, you old king minutes away?
Speaker 1: I'm just ten minut Like what the fuck was he doing?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: But now that's just the way. That's the way I was raised. So I was raised raised in the community where it was all black, you know what I'm saying. So it was like, you know, like I consider myself black too. Like as weird as it sounds, I'm proud to be Latino. I'm waved the in the black delegation to worry about it, you know what I'm saying. I'm serious fact, like I'm black. It's weird because I tell black people that all the time and they'll be like, yo, what do you mean, Like, nigga, I'm black nigga. Like with you, I'm blacker than you because you want to be a black white guy. I'm stand this black nigga. You understand what I'm saying. Hell yeah, it's Harvard black nigga. Nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm black nigga. To me, I had it worse because like I would hang out with the with the with the black people. Then I would go with the war Ricans and they like cocola and on. Then I had to go to God.
Speaker 5: Then I gotta go with the black people, and they got their respects and all, and it's like.
Speaker 1: And you in the middle, in the middle, like I'm going to no, no, no, I want to tell your story the lat Kings, right.
Speaker 5: I mean yes, a fa, I mean jai super, I mean I'm in jail, right, the Latin case.
Speaker 2: They they doing some ship for the dentists. Right, I'm in jail right. What they're doing for the dentists, know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: No, they're fucking they're recruiting every Spanish person in the unit.
Speaker 2: But what they're doing is saying that you got to go to the dentists in jail.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So these dudes come and they're like Victor Santiago.
Speaker 5: So I stand up for the people who don't know that's that's my name, super Porto Rican, right.
Speaker 2: So I stood up and the dude's like not you got you? So I sat back down.
Speaker 5: Then they go Victor Santiago and I'm like, yo, I'm not gonna keep standing up.
Speaker 2: And then they're like but not you, not you right time. Like I'm like, yo, I'm not standing up again. They're like, you're Victor Ctiago. That's my name. So like the guard the sea. Old nigga was down with he was a Latin kings king. So they pulled me in the dentist. Niggas put all raises to me, like, yo, you Cuban. I'm like no, they're like Dominican. I'm like no, They're like, what the fuck are you? Why the fuck is.
Speaker 5: Your name Victor Santiago. So I'm like, yo, I'm for the Weekend in Black. They're like, dang, I can't really be down with us, they said, but they.
Speaker 2: Got the raisins to me. I can't do nothing. They actually set me up where like you know, you're sitting k mos.
Speaker 5: I'm like, they said, so this is what we're gonna do. We're gonna make you a gnat. I had never heard.
Speaker 2: They said we're gonna make you ant because they they see my sheet. My sheet was clean fish. But I'm trapped. There's nothing I can do, doesn't matter with guy to get out of there.
Speaker 5: So they're like, we're gonna make you a nut and I say, yo, my dude, I'm that new truth. People like I'm both. I can't listen.
Speaker 2: I go to the yard. I love handball. I'm sorry, I'm nice. Pun Pun beat me a handball one.
Speaker 1: No, I never hated you.
Speaker 2: Never never listen, beat you a handball.
Speaker 5: In his death like yo, I had to get my rematch, like like when he died, I was like, Yo, I needed my rematch.
Speaker 2: Like you know, fat niggas is the best niggas in handball.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know that.
Speaker 2: Kills the game.
Speaker 5: No Edi gigs the fact that he's greater than me and you. We played handballer. We got serious at one point, just.
Speaker 2: Came out of jail.
Speaker 1: The nigga don't said, Yo, we gotta play hamble and we went somewhere out here.
Speaker 2: See, people don't know this about me.
Speaker 5: I'm actually I thought I was a handball expert until like anybody that like like pun beat me an amble, I never like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Never actually forgave him.
Speaker 1: Superhuman even in death.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I still need like like a god bless because you know, hopefully you know whatever. But when we see each other and happen, that's probably the first thing I'm gonna say to him. Rematch this how I was gonna go a love you house heaven rematched? All right, So listen that being said, we're all we all latinos. I want to end it on who's your favorite Latino besides Pun, besides Norri, besides Joe, because it will be unfair.
Speaker 2: So my favorite Latino who hit me?
Speaker 1: Kid Frost.
Speaker 2: And I heard this is what.
Speaker 1: You thought? He was dope different.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, pick up the school Devil.
Speaker 1: His Scoop Deville is a legendary, but I say Scoop Devil, but my favorite. I knew Kid Fraud since I started. He was on Relativity to get out of there.
Speaker 2: And uneasy label.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't ruthless, and then I couldn't really you can't get what you're from now because he was like I met the real kid Frauds.
Speaker 2: And I was just like, different person. We don't know this story. He was trying to let you go, but now you got it. You already, it's already you gotta go.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do that. But all I can say is that back to the West Coast, they looking ship different than we look at it. So you know what I'm saying, I'm hanging out with I'm gonna just see you the miniature version of it, because I wouldn't do that. But he comes to New York, so I'm like, yo, I gotta salute the Mexican homies this. So I take them Jimmy's Cafe and we walked down the block. All you know, as we're walking out, everybody like, yo, crack, what's up my nigga? Your crack? What's up? What's up? Soup? So I'm walking, I'm dapping everybody. And we walked like half a block and he says, Yo, Joe, can they talk to you owns not kid frauds. I'm with them. I got them in New York, feeding them. Will we chilling brothers? Do they funk with the black guys?
Speaker 2: That's that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like what He's like, No, man, I see you're talking to all these guys.
Speaker 2: I'm bugging out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Yo, no nigga's And that was a once in a light. You know, we hung out one time. He probably over there saying, fuck fat Joe Yang out with the black guys. I couldn't, you know, but you know I couldn't. Ah, Spanish dudes that influenced.
Speaker 2: Me will not influence you or even just you think that it's hard or.
Speaker 1: Hot, the hardest niggas ever, the hardest niggas ever, Somebody who impressed me? Can I say to yeah, you can't, and I always say him. But somebody who impressed me at a young age who was a fly nigga was Teeto from the Pheelis four And the rumors I used to hear about him when I was a young kid was like he was getting money. He was a flying nigga, fucking all the bad bitches and the Phelis four was, you know, an amazing rap crew. He's somebody I looked up to even to this day when I see him.
Speaker 5: And be like, Yo, ain't gonna we gotta make noise for Joe being super hip hop on his first pick.
Speaker 1: Somebody like what the the fearless for niggas? Tito from the Philis four boys, Like he was a fly nigga.
Speaker 2: You're a real hip hop bro.
Speaker 5: Just you just really showed the world saw acause niggas is googles and then google that nigga.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you a secret. Right when we was shooting the video, John Blaze and Queen's we were shooting it.
Speaker 2: John Blaize, I was there.
Speaker 5: It was in Brooklyn, in Brooklyn, green Point, Greenpoint, So it was Pun's birth.
Speaker 2: You listen me and NAS's beefing.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: Me and beefing and you called me to scotch the beef for nons?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: And that's why when Nina's verse plays, I'm the only person that's in the verse with Nins because I think I hung out with car Maga.
Speaker 2: Some bullshit happens when you love.
Speaker 1: So he goes like to yeah, Nas love, he's a special guy too. So no, he's a special guy.
Speaker 2: So and me and I stopped talking and you called.
Speaker 1: Me and was squashed its brother, so we so we turned around and this is real ship. Yeah, now we gave him too much rep show.
Speaker 2: This is two seconds.
Speaker 1: Tito from the Phillis four came out of nowhere to the video and he had a cake. He knew it was Pun's birthday. He never met Pun John Blaine. So he comes in the trailer and he gets it. He brings out a cake and the nigga pulls out a bunch of hundred dollars bills and put him like candles on the cake. This Tito philis, he wasn't even a rapper no more, like you know, he was beyond the old ge crazy.
Speaker 5: They'll get money threw up the Hunters name of the record that we're doing. By the way, still of course still getting money.
Speaker 1: Right, your man, listen, your man turned around and I'm explaining the putn of what it is, and it's Tito. He's the rich. Didn't didn't really knowing, So I go like this, your ponies like the nigga, the first nigga. This this dad fly Spanish nigga. Tito lit up all the fucking hundred dollars bills and Punk blew it out. We ate the cake. Tito's a stand up guy. Man, he's a beautiful person. You said too, And I gotta give it to Cypress Hills because we both.
Speaker 2: Gave in to the West Coast. I'm sorry. I didn't know Kid Frost to think about it, but I'm still Cypress Cuban too.
Speaker 1: And anyway, except Kid Frost, and he is representing the Ross.
Speaker 5: I love it because because you know why, you know, I actually understand it.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: I did a movie. It's a horror flick called Seven Mummies. I don't recommend you see it.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 5: Question rember Nick questioned the first two videos I ever shot in my life.
Speaker 1: He shot it so you felt Lowyer was l a l ay.
Speaker 2: So he he told me to come to Arizona. I did, uh, noel G from training Jade training day.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't say no more niggas, the mummy niggas get fucked up.
Speaker 2: Ain't fun.
Speaker 5: And then and then they killed me like I played the black guy in the horror, Like my favorite role is paid in for when it comes over to the car, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I freest out that whole not oh man legend, garry wrong.
Speaker 1: I was like your Samuel Jackson moment.
Speaker 2: But actually I mean, we'll go there. We'll go there.
Speaker 5: So look, so noel G noel G me and him got mad cool like I'm talking about like he hung out my trailer. I hung out in his trailer. And he's from East I'm gonna say East New York, East l A. So I flew to l A one time.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, I want to go to your hood. He was like he had to keep it real with me.
Speaker 5: He was like, nah, you know, I go any hood, Joe, East New York, pink houses.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck. But when the person that's supposed to bring you there says.
Speaker 5: They gotta have you, na, like they can hold you said your skin color, He said, I've seen them kill Mexicans.
Speaker 2: That skin is darker than yards. That's what he said. You know that's prison politics.
Speaker 5: No, but l a prison politics run. It's sill streets. Not in the black community, no, no, no, all over the community. So that that fucked me up when I realized that for me, but paid it for. To get back to that, I actually auditioned for alcohol and I didn't get it. Wood Harris, who was the person I spoke to and paid for who played a z with Harris. He came to me and he and he tried to prep me for the audition role. And when he prepped me for the audition, I took it too serious. You know, I got I got a fucking real actor sitting there telling me what to do and what to do. And I tried to do it too. I actually I did eight movies. I never got any movie from an audition.
Speaker 1: If you got in front of the camera, I'm I'm good. I'm whack on that. If you just say y'all want Fato in this movie, I'm great, great, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 5: But I never read my lines like I read them, I memorize them because I'm God Body, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I memorize them and then I change them.
Speaker 5: Because the thing about God Body, if you if you really realize that after you master your one twenty, you got to master your plus degrees.
Speaker 2: So to me, that's what always with hip hop was. To me, it was a plus degree. It was is this five percent we went from.
Speaker 5: You just at first listen everything he wants to believe in every coach.
Speaker 1: You know, it's too it's too late for me to go emphatically non sight for.
Speaker 2: You can't do it. You can in today's Master.
Speaker 1: I'm from Godsville.
Speaker 5: They called your hood Guardsville, they call my hood City, they call my hood.
Speaker 7: Was God's veil left the gold right? Why not New York from Kendall, Guys, you wasn't in Kendo.
Speaker 2: One of the two niggas snuck down there?
Speaker 1: Man, they did, but Cypress Hills because they did it big. And I remember when I first saw them, I thought they was from New York. My nigga. They shot their video in.
Speaker 2: The New York Tube. In the video from the video was.
Speaker 1: That killing shot in front of the.
Speaker 6: Pollo and everything, and everybody was discussing that are they from New York?
Speaker 2: Are they from l A? Where then are they from?
Speaker 1: Them niggas is like like that, and they was in the wood Cypress Hill Kill in l A.
Speaker 2: God Queens no no no q tips in that video too. I think my.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I thought them niggas was from New York. But I'm not going to tell you I looked up to them because they was from New York. I'm just telling you I want to get high, so.
Speaker 2: Them niggas was right, and I don't even get hot.
Speaker 1: Niggas was rocking my nigga like like like, I ain't even gonna lie. To this day, I probably look up to Cypress Hill still because I just feel like they really put it down the way I like it to be put down.
Speaker 2: And still to this day, you gotta say you gonna.
Speaker 6: Rapper though, in terms of Latino rapper, yeah, I mean yeah, well Cypress Hills definitely for sure and punk, hands down punk.
Speaker 1: You know we're gonna end this on this well put the best Latino rapper ever lived. I'll tell you right the bottom line, I'll tell you nobody close real quick.
Speaker 2: When I when I heard when I heard him on Firewater.
Speaker 11: Firewater, it was Men of God Alma Gedding and Okay, that's the first came.
Speaker 2: I put that on a mixtape on my mixtape DJ in Miami. Nobody Miami, let me tell you, nobody had.
Speaker 6: Ever heard anything I put on a mixtape here Miami, and I was like, this dude is fucking killing it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know who he was. I just but then I knew. I knew he was Latino.
Speaker 1: I was like, we got one.
Speaker 2: That's it, Yeah, that's it because we be just so you know. At that same time, Big L is my favorite.
Speaker 1: Rapper Digging in the Crazy Crew. That's my brother too, that's my other favorite rapp Joe was a member of two crews with the greatest rappers of old that's my other favorite.
Speaker 6: That's where I'm like, this is it, yo, Yeah, we got him.
Speaker 2: I've really It's just almost like Chins.
Speaker 1: Chinks Angeles Evangelist, Like God, I know pun was great.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he was the greatest until like after after his funeral. I remember me standing there and crying at the and God bless the dead. Flex Flexts was the one who came and grabbed me because I didn't know what to do. Like I still start crying. My mother came to the funeral, keep it real without me, my mom said, my moms didn't wait for me to come.
Speaker 1: My mother win.
Speaker 2: Man from the boat dagger like crazy.
Speaker 1: It was so crazy because the people who came to that funeral, you know, it was like crazy man. Like it was like people that from our community that never even talked to us. Was like, you know, they were so proud they were showing up and you was like, yo, that's my school teacher.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting there crying and I walked by my school teacher, come and grab me and like, yo, be strong.
Speaker 2: This this that like we touched so many niggas in that it was crazy.
Speaker 1: But it was like that too. I never forget too. I was at one point I was at points for funeral and I was crying and it was Joe Rue and I looked up and it was Joe ruh. He was there one dep too. He was like be strong, crack, don't worry, be strong, and that shit, that pun shit was serious, man.
Speaker 5: This is what I remember Flex grabbing me and just was like he's not suffering no more. And the crazy shit. I never seen Pun suffer. Like when Pun I never said, I know, were going too much, but we're gonna stop as soon. But when Pun used to have sleep appen, he like when he used to go like this, I used to think Pun was playing with me, Like God bless me because you know.
Speaker 2: Now I know, But back then, I used to be like, damn, my fucking stories is boring. People like Yo, we would be talking like it was good.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, let's just get it on, love glory. Pun loved Nori and Uh in a different way, in a special way, and them niggas used to hang out. They used to chill.
Speaker 2: And we still avoid Joe.
Speaker 5: That's what Joe said, because Joe was always militant, like he's always he's to get money, dude, Like that's all he thinks about me and Pun.
Speaker 2: We wanted to have fun. We was younger.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Joe's o G is a fact. So we used to be on the road everything like and Pun smoked the weed. He drank cars light, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: Like you just started drinking, like really, like you just started leisurely drinking. Like he didn't kept that time so serious. He was like like every day, like.
Speaker 1: I told my son this to us, said, listen, bro, we was born with nothing, my nigga, and if we get the opportunity to go get it, let's not stop, nigga, Let's just go get it. And we can't make it. We gotta go get this fucking money, man, because all the times we dreamed about getting money, all the times all we wanted was money. Niggas wouldn't give us a fucking ice cream. You know, we're starving. We get niggas got a chip in for four chicken wings and French fries. Now niggas is throwing this money at us, Like what the fuck is we supposed to do? Let's go get this fucking money, and and and and that's that's that's That's what I'm about. Right now, I'm in the car my son wrap. I'm in the car with him. I bucked on them two minutes before I came here because he was like, yo, and Jinny ain't really doing it right there. So I'm like, nigga, you fucking crazy, Like I'll be wrapping in closets.
Speaker 2: We're gonna end on this. Back in the days, you couldn't send a nigga email.
Speaker 1: We had to run around with two inch tapes like this.
Speaker 2: That's it was like carrying a midget.
Speaker 1: Real, yo.
Speaker 2: Still, let me tell you something. I've never been to the and this is my engineer right here.
Speaker 5: Hazard it sounds a producer friend, but has I have never had a session with you unless I did four records. Keep it real, I'm gonna look away, so like I'm not giving you no sign and my line at least four.
Speaker 1: At least at.
Speaker 5: Least four because you know why, it's not because but back then, spending fifteen hundred dollars on a lockout or three thousand dollars on a lockout, I had to do, yo, one hundred honest shit, I'm.
Speaker 2: Keeping it real. CNN.
Speaker 5: War Report album was done over two years, but it was only like five to seven sessions because we recorded eight nine records.
Speaker 2: When we went in there and you know, tragedy put us on.
Speaker 1: You had this wave. Man, Your wave is like you know, special waves, but what it was niggas man. You could do whatever you wanted, No nor you You're funny nigga. And then it's like it's like it was like maybe he was bugging out, but to us. It was like flows we never heard right thigga about the thig I'm not what is this nigga saying this ship?
Speaker 2: You know what that came from?
Speaker 1: What was the joint you did? And we gotta gost you. What was the joint you did? I think it was in the Firm, know this, It.
Speaker 2: Was leaving, I'm leaving, lave you. I can get the story of that and then we break out.
Speaker 1: But listen, it goes that is that one, mat know this?
Speaker 2: That's the first, Yeah, because that's the first.
Speaker 1: And it was another one you did for Nods, right, was it Nods or Morb Deep?
Speaker 2: It was blood money, blood money, money money, the one when we did that during the Firm album, the Funny Ship.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you from the outside, and I don't know if you don't go ahead tell me you was like the illis nigga right there, like like right there when they snatched you up because it was a big move for you.
Speaker 5: And now I had just shot niggas in the projects too, and they was like and I kept hanging out there.
Speaker 2: They was like, what this niggas from Left Brack and Left Brack left.
Speaker 5: Minutes so fall and I kept hanging out and I gotta I gotta give the love the jungle. Jungle was the dude like. Jungle was like, we're fucking want him, we want to shoot you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is said the end.
Speaker 1: When I heard they recruited you and you was just like, it was so ill.
Speaker 2: I was just like, and you know, and you know from them.
Speaker 5: My very first feature, My very first feature after that was the Pun Record, My very first feature after that, I meant you Pun.
Speaker 2: You know Pun's first words he had said to me?
Speaker 1: What he said?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 5: Because I was it was in the session. The first is the first words you ever said to me? You said, you said, this is the first words you.
Speaker 2: Ever said to me. You said, y'all cnn huh.
Speaker 5: He walked this unique studio, Unique studios, nigga walks in whoa, and then Pun was it.
Speaker 2: He goes, y'all seeing that, I'm like, he said, which one of your niggas got shot?
Speaker 5: And then Paul raised his hand and then y'all start keep hearing gunshot rooms and ship.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is very awkward.
Speaker 5: Pom shows his ship then and then he goes, which one of y'alls Puerto Rican and I raised my hand and this is this is one hundred percent facts.
Speaker 2: I was just like, because I never met these niggas. I love this nigga, but I don't want him to think I'm a sucker.
Speaker 5: He just walked in my studio sessionly Plu told you to walk over right, Buck Wilder is doing the beat maybe be buck Wow, and.
Speaker 2: Then and goes to me.
Speaker 5: He goes, yo, you Puerto Rican and yeah, he goes, so wipe the ice grilled off, Bapa.
Speaker 2: Because we're gonna be friends. And from that moment, Yo, the nigga made me laugh. I was racist from that moment and it was some of the best people I ever met. Man, Joe, I really appreciate you. You have never left me. You know You've always been there for me.
Speaker 1: I want to guard ray Kwan, but just his birthday is his birthday, Happy birthday, my brother. But Ray Kwan the shelf before you leave, telling me friends top three friends and him. You don't know. They jerked me, so I have he called me first, I was out of town. I said, nah, go get him, and I never got him.
Speaker 2: But I really need to have one up on you.
Speaker 1: You got, I said, you he gonna give me one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but for now, can I say something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I'm an underground wrapper. I'm digging in the crates. I'm like on my first second album. I'm on my first album. I came out the same time as Wu Tang and I remember I was getting like three hundred the show. I ain't knowing how they made money because it was fifteen niggas for three hundred dollars. I'm sure Ray got some stars, right, I'm like, damn, I start counting thirteen niggas and shit, you niggas must have got fifteen dollars, right, Shit fucked up? Right? And then I remember Woo just super blue and I wasn't big yet, And I remember I would any time I would call Ray corner and this nigga's like four platinum, I'd be like, yo, Reay, I need you on the so on the night like five water. Ten minutes later that nigga was in there. No funny Style kept the ten thousand with me. I remember one time I was in Ray. Don't even remember this yet, y'all don't remember this, but I was in Staatenla and I the show.
Speaker 2: I remember you had a studios that now we had the studio.
Speaker 1: But no one time I had a show in the hood early on and I got into some ship with the with with the Staten Island niggas like it was about to pop off crazy like yo, fuck y'all talking about nigga nigga niggas ready to pop off, and the guard Ray Kwan, was like, Yo, this is my motherfucking brother man. That ship ain't going down here. Shut that shit. He talking that woo change ship niggas calmed down, Fuck that doll. That ship ain't going down here, nigga, Like you know what I'm saying. But it was like, you know, so like Nori, I'm gonna say top five because I got friends. You know what I'm saying. But I got you top five brothers, my brothers that I love. There's always kept it real with me. Top five friends. You and Ray Corners in my top five friends in my brother you know what I mean, Like not love you, not rappers, nothing to do with that, just like you're my brothers. You could call me at any time, Ray call me at any time. It is what it is. If we never wrapped and we knew each other from the block, we would still be brothers. So you know Ray corners in that category. And trust me, it ain't too many niggas in that category.
Speaker 2: Not for me neither, not for me neither. Thank you, man. I always count on you. Man. I want to say one more story.
Speaker 1: I like your T shirt. Oh yeah, I like it a lot. I like it.
Speaker 2: This is hip hop less check.
Speaker 1: Try to.
Speaker 2: Hold on there.
Speaker 5: You've never seen those those nay listen.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter because he'll never give me his nigger connect. You don't give me everything else in the world, but the sneaker connect doesn't happen. Fat yo. Thank you for dreaming. Man. You interview hold on yeah, yeah, don't want an.
Speaker 1: Interview, Let me do that.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj E f f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 4: Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the real Noriagon I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com
Speaker 1: Had a be