Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Gros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Bet three six five five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus best when you do want to use that promo code leading off, it is me, Joey Pa, joe p Zapia, That of course is the Welsh ed. It's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. A fun day of baseball was had by all. Today we've got some day games going on, lots of fun action breaking down. We taught Welsh what a canoli was yesterday, which again, case you missed it, go back and watch. I did walk off the show for a brief moment. But did you have any desserts yesterday? Did you head out to the Arizona Olive Garden and find yourself a bottomless Canoli's? I don't know what the hell they do over there. You know, well, it's like endless breadsticks and bottomless canoli's.
Speaker 2: Or something stupid. Its bottomless. That sounds like too much. No, I didn't. It was very busy day. We didn't have any of that. But we do have a special surprise is because things always happened here on Leading off ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Oh, it's cousin Donny, cousin Donnie with the Canol's. I can only assume what's in the box. In the words of Brad Pitt, what's in the box? Look at that's daddy Island.
Speaker 2: This is my Daddy's Italian Bakery.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got a little plethora. Who's the tricolor cookies? I said?
Speaker 2: He said he didn't have the last week, and I was mad.
Speaker 1: And then he said he didn't have the Canoli's and I couldn't have that face looking at this face knowing no Cannoli. So this is further ado. Oh my god, live Canoli's on the show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a live canoli testing one bite. Everyone knows the rule everywhere. Let's go all right, here you go. There's sprinkles on this. Everyone want to take a look. Joe really quickly rate the visual of this before I.
Speaker 1: It looks pretty good. It seems like the chocolate chips are throughout. Is that chocolate chips, I'm sing?
Speaker 2: Or sprink you know these are sprinkles. They didn't have a chocolate chips.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Right, well, that's already a negative. So already you can't score higher than an eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this is already a great surprise. A true Italian, Donnie, here we go.
Speaker 1: He's a true Italian, that's for sure. There we go one by Canoli for Welsh. What does he think?
Speaker 2: This is a ten?
Speaker 1: You don't know what it is you come to book.
Speaker 2: But it says my Italian bakery. This feels authentic.
Speaker 1: It's one of the better ones you can get out here. There you go, Cousin Donnie, everybody host of shooting straight with Donnie c and of course my relative now, Donnie, it is hard to find good Italian stuff out in Arizona. I know you've lived out from there for quite some time. So how would you rate this bakery on that scale? This bakery is about a seven ish six or seven for out here. It's great.
Speaker 2: But for what we're used to, what we know, it's definitely no. I brought enough with a whole family. Look at it.
Speaker 1: Because when you hear on leading off, cousin Donnie, everybody, what a fantastic thing. You're so lucky to be neighbors with my cousin.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you my cousin, Donnie, my cousin Donnie. Yeah, I got the official delivery, Donnie is the best, no better way to get it. Cannoli from a true Italian and the Italian bakery. And it is pretty pretty damn good. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Now. You got to come to my house so I can fill you with all the Italian meats. Oh but I didn't think. Well that's that's a more issue for your carry on right there, I'm over to all right, all right, thank you guys, everybody. I love you. I'll talk to you later after the show. Look at that. I knew something was up. That's all I knew. I always knew something was up. Uh So I think cousin Donnie has a probably a I guess a key to your house? Now? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Did you see this box? By the way, Look at all there.
Speaker 1: Look the Napoleon's my favorite. I don't see Napoleon in there, but I do see the little pinoli cookies. Those are good.
Speaker 2: Is that what this is?
Speaker 1: That's what that is. That's a Pinoli cookie. But you can eat that while I'm doing the headlines. Let's start with the headlines and get some baseball in here. That's fantastic. I'm so happy right now. Jared Jones struck out seven guys in five innings yesterday. Unbelievable. Start. My buddy Kurt, who was a huge Pirates fan, is so excited that the Pirates are relevant again, and he's like, I don't understand. It was a fifth inning and he had fifty nine pitches and he's dominating and they took him out. WTF, Welsh, It's fifty nine pitches. Like, I get it. We're trying to save this kid before what a rainy day. It's April. You're the Pirates. You're good.
Speaker 2: Let him go.
Speaker 1: I don't know, seven innings, it's seventy five pitches. It's not like he was at one hundred pitches in the fifth inning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jared Jones is the Canolia pitchers right now. A plus, he's a ten. But you gotta take care of these Cannolis. Look at what what is one thing you know about a Canoli? They get messy and they can break apart. It's not really breaking, but they can break apart. And that's what happens with these pitchers is they can break apart. Jared Jones said after the game. I think he was even a little bit of no, he said, I was going five innings. No matter what. He could have had thirty five pitches, he was going five innings. That also brings it an interesting question. He's an extreme max type of guy. Like his fastball has been insane. It's rated near the tippy top of stuff plus. Overall, he's got the we mentioned this before last outing, he's got the second best stuff plus in baseball. But maybe it's not just about the actual executed pitches in a game where it is the length and how long you're straining on your aren't like maybe teams are experimenting with other thoughts. Plus, he's a rookie.
Speaker 1: It's stupid.
Speaker 2: It's annoying because like any of us that had him, he had seven strikeouts through five. Looks like he could have had a complete game. But this might be the world where we're like really, really really babying these guys a little bit more, and we're just.
Speaker 1: Gonna that's worked so well, because all the babying works so well for Uri Perez, and all the baby is working so well for everybody, And that's the thing that drives me crazy. It's like, you know, uh, I know, it's a dead metaphor. I'm gonna use it anyway. You keep trading everybody for a sprint and you expect him. We are on a marathon. That's what the Major League Baseball season is. It's a marathon, even for pitchers. And when you go back and look at the Leo Mazzoni brave pitchers, I know they're all extremely talented, but they had certain throwing programs. Why people aren't copying this to this day, I don't know. Those guys through a crap ton of innings every single year. It wasn't until they got into their late thirties that they all broke down. And even so when they rebuilt them, they came back and pitched into their forties. So I mean, it's it's dumb, dumber. I said it, it's dumb.
Speaker 2: Sure, we get to just to go back real quick on Jerry Jones, Like this.
Speaker 1: Is one of the most cannolis For a second there.
Speaker 2: I know, I had to get a little drink to get that out. One of the most absurd things hasn't just been his strikeout rate thirty six point four percent, but like it's a two point three percent walk rate, which is so crazy. Right now he is and he's getting away with some stuff, I mean, pretty high barreling against him, like you're gonna get some hard to hit stuff. He's got a one ten Max TV. But he is so good, so deceptive. The league hasn't caught up as as pissy as I could see us getting about him. Let's have him for the year, and he even I think, said as much, like, you know, would you rather have me the whole Like, let's have him the whole year? At least he's going five. But we could maybe like, let's have seventy five pitches or something like that. But I might regret that trade difference.
Speaker 1: We've seen these guys talk about like there's outings where everything is going good and you feel great and you go and there's outings where you labor and and you know, seventy five pitches feels like one hundred and seventy five. And this clearly was not one of those outings for him. If you watched, it wasn't like that. I want to take a question here because Alex was in here in the chat, like the second person in the chat before the show even started. So I want to get Alex's question Max Free today against Houston, you want to bench him. I think it's okay to do that if you're concerned, Like I don't have a problem with this Welsh, do you.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I have like a problem with it. I actually think it's a semi decent matchup from a win perspective. And JP, I'm gonna be when we get to the bets, I'm gonna be kind of going against him. J France has not been great, but Max Freed has really not been great so far this year. I've never been a big Max Freed guy. But his k's are way down, his walks are up, but he does have quite a better expected batting average against I actually think this is one I could simmy get down with. But you know, if you're worried about ratios or whatever, sure you you could. He just hasn't been good enough to get out there.
Speaker 1: I love that we're like, you know, becoming a show that has like other characters now ant Larry people. Yeah, we have the wonky Penguin, we have Mike Mayor, we have cousin Donnie. It's like, I just it's kind of too I mean it's pretty good, but see now imagine chocolate chips all throughout it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not gonna lie, that's what's sounds. It sounds pretty amazing, like chocolate chips do. Sound pretty amazing on these I don't know where these have been my whole life.
Speaker 1: Like I Holy Conoly baby, all right, I can't tell Marte, Holy Cannoli. Four for six and a homer in the nine. Nice day for your d backs, Mookie Bets. I mean, this guy can't be stopped. More on Mookie Bets. We get to the best today. He was five or five with two doubles, two Rubies win over the Nats today. I like the over in that game. We'll get to that later, like I said, but again, Mookie Bett's pace is incredible right now. Ranger Suarez complete game shutout for him, struck out eight five nothing win there. Yes, it was the Rockies, but it just continues to show you when you have these pitchers, whatever the k prop is, you're looking for the over right now when it comes to these guys. And if you have streaming pitchers or you're looking at stream somebody and they've got the Rockies, you got nothing to lose here, Welsh. I mean, at this point, the Rockies are just the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna it is gonna stabilize. I had some point, but I don't know if the strikeouts are ever going to really stabilize. Ranger Swarrez has just been good this season, and this was a uniquely great matchup this. I mean, he threw one hundred and twelve pitches as well, he had sixty one swings on those pitches, thirty percent of those were for whiffs. He had seven whiffs on the curveball, five on the change up. And clearly, clearly this Rockies team can not manage big breaking pitches. So pictures that utilize like really good curveballs. I mean, my god, you get me Nick Lodolo versus this Rockies and he's striking out ten, You give me big sweepy sweepers, you know, big biting sliders. These guys are gonna eat. So yeah, I think the play here is from a betting perspective, is like getting your pictures for the strikeout prop against the Rockies is a decent play. But also just from a streaming perspective, if it's not in Colorado, they're often stinks. They strike out a whole bunch. You can play against them, and Ranger swar has had a complete game shutout. Ranger Swarez has definitely gone from this kind of like fringy sp out there to an absolute must start like every single outing. And I think it's moving up the rank ranks. So we actually just did a rank update a few of us. Mike Mayer was heading it Wonky myself. If you're looking for rest of season ranks, we're gonna be doing those every single week here on Fantasy Pros, which is really fun. And you know two guys we just kind of b loop past them. Katel Marte moving up in my rest of season ranks and Ranger Swarez is definitely making a big move.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, you know I like the Phillies to win that division. You know, I've got money in that, so we'll see how that goes. Hunter Brown to run six innings, So here you go, Like it was looking so good, all the numbers are there. That's been the way it's been the last two weeks. Like I just can't catch your break Brown. Yeah, I was on the planet all of a sudden was unhittable for a few and.
Speaker 2: You were ready, but you were ready to be like, he's got to go play in Mexico like you were done. You were like he is, you were out on Hunter Brown. He looked pretty dang good. And that homer, Oh my god, dude, if you guys watch it. I was watching it the break because I had the Braves money line, the Braves Orlando RCA hits a homer that was like a little bit questionable on the top. And the the Houston Astros comment team commentary too, they were losing their mind about this homer. No, it's not, it's not. It was a homer, like they called it a homer.
Speaker 1: I don't have to tell you, guys, announcers that are no pun intended homers.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. It was wild.
Speaker 1: I never realize this because when you grow up in the New York area, that typically doesn't happen. They're very like by the board, and a lot of the guys who do the New York stuff do a lot of you know, like Ron Darling, you'll hear on other things, and you know, like you'll hear them do national broadcasts, so they just kind of call it down the middle for the most part. You know, they really don't. I remember first time was in Chicago and I heard a Chicago announced I was like, well, there's a great win for US. I was like, us US. I've never heard an announced say US a day. Whatever you're talking about, this is we and the US stuff. It was very jarring, but good on Hunter Brown, bad on my bankroll? Booh, Blue Jay's beat up on the Yankees. You say, Kakuchi, how about nine k's for him over six innings and Jordan Romano returns from the darkness to get a saved. So Blue Jays moving in a good direction. But Kevin Gosmin's on the mound today. Well, things have not been good for Kevin Gosman. I am still worried about his health now. Last start, his velocity was good, the results were bad. So do you start him today against the Yankees?
Speaker 2: I don't know how Man? How you so well? You certain to get into this range where it's like you make these investments on these guys. He's been like this elite pitcher. But boy, do I hate this matchup.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: I'm in the top BVP guy, the player with the most homers versus a pitcher going today as Aaron Judge versus Gossman. I don't even see this. He has an eleven point five Vra and we're like, Okay, yeah, that stinks. He has a ten expected it still sucks. He's not walking guys, but he's not striking out guys. You've mentioned this stuff has just been kind of down overall, and the whips have been down across the board. I don't know, man, I uh, if I was being really really picky, I might not do this. But it's still so early in the air. Take Hunter Brown. You're ready, you call off Hunter Brown. He's completely done. Kevin Gosman is an elite, elite pitcher who, like Zach Gallon, may have taken a couple of starts to get going. I think this is the time where Gossman can start to get going. It's just a horrifically bad matchup against like Judge and Soda. My gut says I'm gonna do it. My gut says I'm gonna do it. But you know, when he gives up five earn runs or six and runs through two innings, I'll go back and I'll be like, see I was Waffley. I said to not start him the whole time, but I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good now, I was just talking about Waffles, all right. One more here before we get through the headlines, Logan Gilbert one run, six and two thirds. Well, I gotta ask you. Every time Logan Gilbert has a quality start, do you die a little bit inside?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks. So this is the wildest thing. If I know you guys watch it. I was watching it because Joe and I both were on the seven and a half under strikeouts. He struck out the side in the first inning. I almost tweeted, he's striking out twenty in this game because the Reds just stood there and watched him throw strikes. Was interesting though. It's kind of the thing I pick on for some reason. He was just throwing a ton of fastballs right on the corner. He's just a magician as far as command goes. That is what is so uniquely awesome about him. And these guys were looking for secondaries. They weren't expecting fastballs. Then I think he struck out another two in the second inning, but as the game went on he got less consistent, less consistent. He struck out three in the first inning. He finished the game going like seven innings, striking out six. So our bet hit, but the secondary stuff really fell apart, completely lost the curveball slider was gone later in the game. But he's just so much better than what I had expected. So it absolutely just tears little pieces of my heart, just like a flower pedal coming off every time. He's so good. And Castillo and Kirby have not been as awesome. But I don't know. The late game thing is I think something to consider to watch for Logan Gilbert moving forward, because he really got inconsistent later into the game. But you know, you command on those corners, you can get away with a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do some fun things here. Aaron Savali three earned runs, five hits over six innings, struck out eight. Guy. Savali has been one of those guys that we talked about, you know, Tampa Bay. When they get their their claws on somebody, they tend to get the best out of them. These league average pitchers. They see something in them. I don't know what it is, but it's magical. He's got a two seven to four E and a point nine to one whip. He's been just fantastic. Unfortunately, Jadi Martinez hasn't been at all, and it's unlikely he's gonna be up for the West coast road trip, So who knows when we're seeing him, but we are gonna see Justin Verlander on Friday, maybe Saturday against the Nationals one of those games. So would you throw Verlander right back to the Wolves on Friday or Saturday against and that's I would.
Speaker 2: I would, But it doesn't feel as like, you know, it's the Rocky, you know, the Nationals, like c Jen has been pretty good. This is actually one of the higher walk sands strikeout team. So, like, I don't know if Verlander is gonna have this incredible big outing. Their offense has been better. I don't think it's gonna be a high strikeout game, but I think it could be an easy, like win ratio type of game. Maybe goes five pitches eighty something, probably strikes out maybe four. I'll be very curious at what version of him. But if you're gonna do it like this is where you do it, anything like bottom fifteen or twenty, you just don't want to start him against probably teams like the Diamondbacks and the Braves, like the Royals at this point, teams that are putting up like massive amounts of runs. But yeah, I would put them out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would. I mean, look, youve been waiting for Verlander. Pitching's rough right now you go out there, maybe it's a five inning outing. But then again, that's what you're getting from just about everybody. So what's the difference. Uh, Dylan agrees with you. A connoi waffle sounds like a good move. There's actually a cool little Italian breakfast slash lunch brunch plays by me that does the different French toast. They do the Conoli French toasts. They do the tier massoux French toast is very good. And to Angelo's point, you know waffle Italian waffles a pitzel. Now do you know what a pitzell is?
Speaker 2: I have no idea what aze We're going.
Speaker 1: To educate you on the Italian foods. Here, go go google pitzel and you might be to find those in the grocery store. Maybe not in Arizona. I don't know, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a pizza thing when you When I saw that, I was like, oh is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Uh, what's the pizzaert?
Speaker 1: It's like a little tiny thin waffle.
Speaker 2: Olmost it might be in here. There's so much stuff in here.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's like it's like this bake they're.
Speaker 2: Big my Daddy's Italian Bakery.
Speaker 1: They're not a sponsor this show. You can't show that. Oh sorry, sorry, all right, let's get to the rookie lookie. And by the way, speaking of rookies, tomorrow Welsh's going to be prospecting everybody. Everybody looks when well she's out there prospect and there he is. I wish your face was on there with the beard.
Speaker 2: That's what we probably just need, like a photo shopper. I probably have to do like a I have. God, I have one of the worst profiles on the planet.
Speaker 1: What I do like about No, that's an amazing picture of you. And the best part is your face because it looks like he's putting the pick axe through your head.
Speaker 2: Oh he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, look, I just realized he would you like Nick Prato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, all right.
Speaker 1: Christian Scott struck out seven more guys over five and a third for Triple A Syracuse. Look, Bhutau's up. I know Senger's working his way back, but there's nothing stopping the Mets for making good decisions when it comes to the young pictures. If guys are knocking at the door. At some point they're going to be up there. So if you're in a deeper league. We talked about Christian Scott, I think on the waiver Wire last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's He's in my article. I've got the Prospects to stash article. It's coming out tomorrow. We'll do kind of like a little version of it on the show tomorrow, so I won't probably talk about Christian Scott. He's in that. But fifty percent k minus walk percentage, his swinging strike rate is up. He's that big, heavy fastball slider guy with the splitter. I mean, like, this is good stuff. This is good stuff that can play and the real And I actually make this interesting distinction in there because there's value of talent versus proximity. So like I think Tiedeman long term is going to be in a much higher talent Like I think he's going to be long term, he can be into you know, like a number two or three. I'm not one hundred percent sure on that with Scott, but I have them very close. Because Scott's proximity. So if you're valuing proximity first, he should be probably one of the top five or six prospects you're overall paying attention to and the number one starting pitcher now that Jack Glider's coming up tomorrow. But you know, talent versus is something I'll kind of try to have a distinction of in these prospect conversations. But I would pick up Christian Scott, whether it is a spot start or taking over regularly in the near future. It's in his world the only way, the only reason. Your budo guy though, might be little bit of a stop gap before they start pushing him by.
Speaker 1: But look, I don't I don't think it's an either worse scenario. I think it's more of a looking at the rest of this rotation, like Kintana's gonna be there. They're paying him year. Homeshauser, is that a long term solution? I mean, yeah, I know what Adrian Houser is like. Come on, there's definitely space to make for the kids. Astros Amason Space Spencer Raghty sent the triple A for Forrest Whitley coming back. I feel like Forest Whitley's been a prospect since the nineties.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's so funny you say that. I got an anecdotal thing for you. So I shared on my Twitter because twenty eighteen was his first stint in the AFL. Forest Whitley, he was there twice and that was where he was amazing. Look, he was like the top pitching prospect in baseball. I shared video of that if you want to see it. Though it was a great year. Blah blah blah, go to the AFL twenty eighteen. I was texting with someone. I had this realization Jackson Holiday when when Forest Whitley was starring in the AFL, was fourteen years old and he beat Forest Whitley to the majors. Fourteen year old Jackson Holiday while he was in the AFL beat him to the major Sah wait, hold, I was second.
Speaker 1: I think we have a picture of Jackson Holiday at that game. Oh there it is. Oh boy, I want to be like Forrest Whitley someday. Oh boy, that'd be so much fun.
Speaker 2: Was I watched him before when I was a tween.
Speaker 1: I was a tween. I was listening to K pop stuff and I was really excited back then about baseball. Now I get to be a baseball player.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, where's that guy that like remember like two seconds into doing this or like that's gonna get old late. He must be gone, he must hate it.
Speaker 1: He's signed by me. Guess what. Jackson Holiday is still here, Baby, Jackson Holiday is not going anywhere. But look how much better the AI is this year compared to the last year's show. I get away for the next AI project that's gonna come our way.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a few in the works.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's gonna be one. All right, let's do a little three up and three down. My goodness, we're making some progress here today. Ian happ a Grand Slam. Great game for him, three for five, right all the Lopez? How about him? Shuck out seven guys? Talk about saving the bacon of the the rotation for the braves. How good is Renaldo Lopez been?
Speaker 2: Well, he's been really you know, it's so weird too. He's like he doesn't qualify at sp anywhere. He's just like a relief pitcher designation. He'll have that pretty soon. Absolutely. I did not hit the four K prop yesterday because Chris Paddock gave up eight urned runs, went like seven innings and could only strike out two. Everybody else hit, but Rinaldo was the one that has been dominant at this point from a betting perspective. If you've got a team that's in like the even bottom half of strikeouts in the league, and it's four and a half, it's got to be just an automatic hit for Ronaldo Lopez, and he's pushing himself into a territory where it's not so much streaming or matchup based. You might just put him out there every single day because he does look great. He's efficient, his slider's getting work done, his fastball pops and this cas keep coming. So yeah, I'm kind of down with Renaldo. I don't know if I'm gonna like go nuts about his rank as far as an sp but yeah, he's becoming a lot more trustworthy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go on with some more of the ups. Got what more up to do? Here? We have Dylan Cees, who's been again tremendous pick up there for the San Diego Padres. Six innings for him, picked up the w another strong out for him. Of course, the downs Chris Paddock feel to my bones. Just when I thought it was safe. Nine runs, twelve hits and five and a third. Yeesh Attlebert though Adlbert ols Odla, I was ole. I can't took I can't talk today.
Speaker 2: I was alive.
Speaker 1: I was a lie. I was lie blew A save doesn't matter blue a save. Kyle Hendricks also has lived up for seven runs and four and a third question, Thomas Panone has been really good at Triple A for the Cubbies. Any chance we see him sooner than later as a call up because like some of these other I mean, I know we're waiting for Justin Steeler returned, so that's going to create a little bit of logjam there. But any hope that Panona at some point makes his appearance.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. That wouldn't be my bet. My good friend Justin Steele should be coming back very soon. Ben Brown has kind of solidified himself to continue getting opportunities. To your point, from a spot start perspective, maybe your guy up, Cad Horton, I think is gonna be the long term option. I think if they were looking for a long term fill, even though Horton has been down, like that's the guy that you're gonna end up going to. But no, I think like they're getting a little bit healthy. I don't think they're gonna experiment too much. And I think what you're alluding to it's not gonna be at the expense of Kyle Hendricks. I don't think Kyle Hendricks is going anywhere anytime soon, no matter how rough it is, for quite some time, they are gonna be committed. He's kind of a legacy play for them. I think it would take a month or two of just bad outings for them to let him go.
Speaker 1: You're know, I gonna believe what I just found here on the computer here, but I found last year's favorite AI Oh, the terrifying Lasagna making of the metal poking.
Speaker 2: Where's Francisco overres is?
Speaker 1: I I don't know it's fell in therapy, but look like how much better it is year over a year. The droids are coming for us Welsh, It's happening sooner than later. Let's get to the injuries here. Unfortunately, the Braves had to put Ozzie Albi's on the ten day iel with the fracture tow, so speaky recovery for him. But did you notice that they moved Michael Harris up to the two spots, So for those of you have Michael Harris, that's a good little, you know, temporary bump, I think.
Speaker 2: But there's no middle infield really good replacement. They Louis Narrama, Germ gimo Is who they've ended up bringing up. So I don't it's just not good like they have no really good They had Von Grissom at one point and then they moved him, but there's really no good like second base replacement. And uh, I mean just around the league, Like you're gonna have to find replacements for losing Ozzy on another team. You know, a guy like Blaze if you're looking for middle infield is definitely an option. David Schneider if he's still sitting out there. They just doesn't feel like the second base options are is plentiful, and losing Ozzy kills me in a league or two.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what's going on. But Mike Mayers in the channel in the Fancy Bros. Account still naming exposed. That was like Monday, what are we doing here? Still doing this? He's like Mark.
Speaker 2: Broken, what is he watching? Yeah, Jeff Sara, what are we doing? At least named Cannoli types or something. Get with the with the program, with the current content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get to the rest of the injuries here. Christian Yelich, ten day Iel retroactive to the thirteenth with a lower backstraight We talked about this a little bit yesterday. Again, it's not good. Back issues from baseball players historically do not end well. It's really kind of killed Christian Yelich's career after those back to back incredible seasons that he had.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am very worried about batchet Like it doesn't feel I was just talking about this. I don't know how these guys are gonna be able to like have quick recoveries from bat Like, if you roll your ankle or something, you can't keep off it for two weeks your gold and but this back injuries, it just takes one wrong twinge as you know, get older. I feel it every single day. So from an athlete doing you know, like real stuff, they're gonna keep kind of lingering on that. So I am worried about that. Also, I don't know if you had it because I think this just came down, so apologies if I'm stepping on it, But I see the chat really wants us to mention you. Darvish has been put on the fifteen day il and that's it's I mean, just another sp blow, which is absolutely brutal and had they not gotten rid of a guy like Drew Thorpe. I think Drew Thorpe would have been a decent option to come up, but they traded him to the White Sox. But you Darvish on the il is pretty pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Garrett Whitlock was removed yesterday. There was another guy who invested in was a good number. Unfortunately he has an oblique tightness now, so he'll be on the shelf. I'm sure brax A Garrett, He's gonna undergo further testing. He has a dead arm issue, so that's not good. Say a Suzuki. We know it's gonna miss four weeks. We talk about him going on. But the good news is Josh Lowe he is working on a rehab assignment starting on Thursday, so he is on his way back. So for some reason he's floating around or you know, somebody who doesn't need him has one of the roster, Go make a trade, you know what. I was?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sorry, I just was. I just saw this yesterday. Someone posted the twenty sixteen MLB draft and Josh Lowe was in the first round and I was amazed by It's the worst draft you've ever seen of talent making it. So go back on the twenty sixteen MLB Draft first round, Like Josh Lowe is the best player of that entire crew that was like Mickey Moniac was the number one over I'll pick. It just had me thinking when I think about Josh low now, like is not into him as I am. He is hands down the best of that entire crew. So go go and look and tell me what you guys think. Twenty sixteen first round MLB Draft.
Speaker 1: The Kyle bradish threw three shutout innings. You had a rehab start yesterday, so fingers crossed for Bradish Walker Bueller is going to make another rehab start on Thursday. And Garrett Cole throwing off flat ground, so we had a catch. He's throwing off the flat ground from seventy five feet Welsh, Is this the time to sell on Garret Cole? The trajectory, see, I think it is. You gotta wait tell me why it's not.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta wait a little bit.
Speaker 1: You got No.
Speaker 2: The perfect time to sell is when he starts with the rehab assignments and he gets up like I get your worry. He starts ramping up little twinge and then he's gone for the year. But no, I don't. I don't think there's enough excitement because we're not on the precipice you need to be doing if if that's what you want to do. If I don't know why, but if you were to have gotten like a super super late share and you wanted to get rid of him, you would want to sell that, like within a couple of weeks of him coming up. But I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I would I want to sell him before the first rehab start.
Speaker 2: You do not want to be one part of Garrett Cole this year.
Speaker 1: I want And I might be wrong, but I think that his peak value potentially again, we have to look at the downside. There's a lot of downside here when when it's announced of his rehab star like, maybe not today, maybe you're right, maybe I'm being overreactive today. But for me, once that rehab start is announced, oh, next Tuesday or whatever the hell it is, that's when you put him on the block and you see what you can get because people go, Okay, he's coming back, let's go. I might be able to win my legal Garrett Cole, but look, Garrett Cole could lose your league if I gave you.
Speaker 2: You don't try to be the best in baseball. You don't trust he'll be the best picture in baseball.
Speaker 1: Like about whether he's talented, Welsh's about whether he's healthy. That's my problem talent. It's about is this a ticking time bomb that's going to ruin the rest of my season? Do I have a chance to get out from that time bomb? I mean, I'm not saying, like Logan Gilbert is the guy that you want for him, not maybe Logan Gilbert, But if somebody gave you Grace and Rodriguez for him, would you take that? I would?
Speaker 2: What right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Getting any production, yeah right now, I would. I but I don't think anybody is gonna like sell anything top one hundred or one fifty for a guy that's still two months away. That's why he fell like past one fifty two hundred in redraft leagues. Maybe it's different if like you and drafted him really early on, and you drafted him in the second round and you've been sitting here holding the bag. But now I don't know. I think he's kind of a weird one. I think the only play you can ever do is buy on him extremely low, because otherwise when he's close, the idea of if you took him at like two hundred and he comes back and you're gonna have half of the season of Garrett Cole. I want that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take that didn't take him that late, Like, I think there's a lot of people that did not do that. Well, You're sure a lot of earlier drafts, I understand, but I think there's a lot of earlier drafts or people that did not get that kind of discount on him. Potentially, I think that something to not really consider. All right, let's move on to the real stuff here. Let's get onto it because it is Wednesday, folks, and Wednesday means a few things, but it also means it's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure when you're betting, you're using bet three six five, bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading off. All right, Welsh, tough luck. Yesterday. It was on some good things, but Whitlock's injury kind of hurt me there. So we'll get back on it today. Red Sox minus one and a half on the run line versus the Guardians. I like this one with Hawk on the mound. You're getting plus money. Plus one forty six has been terrific. The Guardians are, you know, up and down? I think a little bit. I think the Red Sox can take advantage of this matchup.
Speaker 2: Picker been lively on the mound too, so that's the other.
Speaker 1: Thing is lively means you're gonna probably be into that bullpen a little sooner than you want to be. Then I'm looking into this Dodger game with the Nationals and I'm looking at mookie bets and I'm looking to see j aburrams mookie bets over one and a half total bases plus one oh four. I can't believe you're getting plus money on this even he us five for five yesterday. The guy's been on fire all year. And then cj abrams over one and a half total bases for him as well. You're getting even money on that, So really good opportunity here. I like the over in this game too, with some suspect pitching in this one, so you could see a lot of firepower there for the parlay of the day. Let's keep it simple. Let's take that over in that Dodger game with the Nats minus one o eight for nine and a half, let's go over on that one. I mean, there's a chance that the Dodgers could do this by themselves today. And then the Phillies on the money line minus two twenty five against the Rockies. I'm trolling the Rockies again. You put those two things together, get plus one seventy eight. Well, so that's what I got going today. What do you have for Wednesday in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 2: Well, my very first one, I'm just gonna tell you it's a benefit to follow me on Betting Pros if you care what I'm betting. Bettingpros dot com. Slash Welsh is just an easy, quick fine because this is about to happen, and I'm just sort of quickly burned through it because this game is just about to start. But this is one of those if you had seen it, you could have bet it all morning. But Pablo Lopez walks one and a half under Lopez currently a five point eight percent walk rate. Orioles had the lowest walk percentage in baseball, and Lopez is a weird one. In twenty twenty three. Only walked more than two consecutive batters in back to back games three times the entire season, so it was more often than not two batters in the next game would be one one stuff like that. That's when you would have had to god in a little bit early, or if you're watching live, you got like minutes to do it. Second up, we did hit the Nerfy parlay yesterday. If you guys the two to one on that, that was a nice hit. I was two and one on the day. Logan Gilbert also hit. But I'm going back to the Neurfy and I'm going to an ugly game, but we're going to an ugly offenses. Someone in the chat said, who do you like Paul Blackburn or Steven Mattz today, Well give me both, because I'm going with the Cardinals and the A's no run first inning that over on bet three sixty five is minus one twenty five. Oakland is the fourth worst first inning score offense so far, and Saint Louis is the seventh worst as far as first inning scoring. Matt's He's been pretty good, and Oakland is hitting just two hundred against lefties this year. He hasn't given up a run all year. It's risky because the pitchers are not a lead of elite, but those offenses are less than elite. And then finally talking about Atlanta JP France, I'm picking on him. With Atlanta's team total runs two and a half through the first five innings. I know it sounds so convoluted, but over the first five innings, I am betting that Atlanta scores three runs or more. That's minus one to fifteen. JP France has given up three or more earned runs in each of his starts. His last one he gave up eight and he didn't go five innings. And by the way, the Braves are hitting three point fifteen against Righty's. Those are my best bets and if you want to follow, I'll probably add a few more when this is all said and done, So make sure you're following me on betting process, see what else I add.
Speaker 1: To my card and join our group two bettingpros dot Com slash leading Off because starting on Friday of this week to Friday off next week, we're gonna be giving away free swag whoever has the best record over that time. So if you want a free hat or free T shirts, something like that. Well, all you gotta do is make pick. You have to make wagers. Go do that, download the Betting Pros app today and of course join that group to Bettingpros dot Com slash leading off, and that, my friends, of course, is the best bets of the day for Wednesday and Major League Baseball. All right, Welsh, let's get after it and let's talk about home runs. I'm gonna keep it simple. I'm gonna stay with the Dodgers. That's where I'm staying. I'm gonna stay in that Dodger game, and I'm gonna go away show Hey, oh Tony in this one today. So let's go show Hey for the dinger, Welsh. Before we get to the wheel, just a reminder everybody that after the show today, you can continue the chatter with us over on our discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. Cleaning up, We'll be on right after this, so you run to our discord. You can hang out there, ask us questions, talk to us about your team, about life, about your favorite Italian pastries, whatever it might be, and we will be there for you. Again. That's only on our Discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat and Welsh. That means that it's time to get to the wheel. And here it is. The wheel is here back again. All right, So who's the names we see? I see O'Neal Cruz, I see Jackson Merrill. Who's the scrub of the day as well?
Speaker 2: We got a couple. We got Blaize, Alexander Jackson Merrill, Shay Langaliers, Carry Carpenter is kind of our low plays. Aaron Judge, Bryce Harper, Matt Olsen, O'Neil Cruz as our high plays. And then we've got the first comment. So if it lands on first comment, after that hits, I will look in the first comment I see as a person, I will take Yesterday, the Wheel didn't want me to have a homer. We picked Mark Canna. Not in the lineup. We picked Bobby Witt rained out. Welsh goes, okay, I'll go to the Discord and I'll go into the home run call room pick my own. Didn't work. The Wheel just had something going today. So this is really try two for the Wheel. So let's see what it is, ladies and gentlemen. The Wheel is going to pick my home run call so I can get on that home run board, which Joe's got a show after we're all done here because I want to get back on it. Who do you want it to land on for me? Before I hit it?
Speaker 1: I think I speak for everybody when I say blaize Alexander.
Speaker 2: But you guys are rude.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go there it is. The wheel is spinning, folks. Jackson Merrill, Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's Jackson Merril. That's like one Homer. It's not I got the scrub call of the day. But you know what, I don't want to be scrubby about Jackson Merrill because he's hitting over three hundred multiple I think he said back to back, three hit game. He has been fantastic and awesome this year. But this is not the best home run call of the day.
Speaker 1: Well we shall see it is if he hits a home run. Of course, there's the leader board hasn't changed really day over day, so hopefully today we'll get some movement on that one. And again we're getting away free stuff here on the channel. For all of you who join us every single day watching the video, subscribe to the channel. Well, if you're a subscriber, fancy ros MLB, you could win this the Jose Ramiroz autograph jersey. That's what we're giving away right now again. All you gotta do is comment below on one of the videos and subscribe to the channel, and that's it. This could be yours, So win it, because uh, it's gonna be gone pretty fast here, Welsh, We're gonna be gone pretty fast too. We're gonna be running over to Discord to jump in there. And of course people talk to the people because we are men of the people after all. Shout out to cousin Donnie making an appearance, making an Uber Eats delivery of Canoli's to Welsh.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna finish this over on there. Oh you know what, how about this too? How about I'll try the on the Discord. I'm gonna try the rainbow cookie as well. Oh but I will be eating this onhe we go over.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to get on the wheel. I wanted to get the first name out of the chat because if it was Mayor, he would have shouted out some random expo like Tim Wallack or something like that, and that would have been a definitive zero Luis Carrero, like.
Speaker 2: Or what are you talking about? Where was Mayor? What what is he doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's talking about Ryan Mountcastle right now, so that's all I know. He go to Discord fantasypros dot com, slash cleaning up. That's the way to get there. That'll do it for us and the story of the game. It was on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 2: Halloo everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm godh