Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim stenovek Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go back to SBA Communications.
Speaker 4: That is the number one gainer in the S and P five hundred, a gain of just about nineteen percent today's session. The company SBA, is exploring options, including a potential sale, after receiving preliminary takeover interests. This is according to people familiar with the matter. Large infrastructure funds have been circling this company, and SBA is working with the advisors to evaluate the interest. Any deal would be pretty large considering the size of the company and its debt load, with SBA having an enterprise value of about thirty four billion dollars including debt. So again, easily some out performance there this one. I have to thank my partner Tim for bringing it to my and that has to do with thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Tim.
Speaker 4: Global star ticker is gsat that line space you really do when I can't find a good one, I'm like, Tim, what do you got? Outperformance? Up thirteen percent after Financial Times report that Amazon is in talks to acquire the satellite provider. The deal with bolster Amazon's efforts to build its own satellite operation. According to the Financial Time, citing unidentified people with knowledge of the discussions, Global Star, by the way, operates an older, higher or orbit system of satellites and mostly focuses on connecting phones and other devices in areas of low cover. So again putting that one out there, and then one more door Dash Dash is the ticker, of course. I think it's the second top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred today, up just about four percent. Door Dash and it's drone partner Wing have doubled their flying food delivery in the Charlotte area, adding two new operations in Matthews and Indian Trail Companies. Expansion will reach more than sixty thousand household signaling Charlotte is embracing futurist technology. And forgive me, I think this is an Axios report, So I just want to.
Speaker 3: Give credit where credit is due. Let me just look it up. Romayne would know the answer to that. You know, darn it? Yeah, it's Axios. You would you know what I mean? Like you feel like, yeah, it is. You're right. You would know everything, well, you.
Speaker 5: Said, Scarlett's set you up. She also set me up for the big decliner, and that would be Tesla down five point four percent. Today, the company posted one of its worst sales quarters in years. At miss Wall Street's expectations three hundred and fifty eighty twenty three vehicles in the first quarter. It's the second consecutive quarter that Tesla has fallen short of projections. Deliveries still still manage to rise six point three percent from a year earlier. Competition from China outside of the US, and here in the US facing challenges with an administration that you know doesn't see a future for electric vehicles the same way that does for ice. So remove some of those subsidies. Tesla down five point four percent. We got to talk private credit. Blue Owl shares fell by more than one percent today, ended up falling by one point six percent. At one point, shares were absolutely cratering before the ten o'clock hour and around the ten o'clock hour at one point in your day, falling to the lowest level going back to twenty twenty two. Shares are now lost. Get this in just about fourteen months since January of twenty twenty five, about sixty six percent wow of their value.
Speaker 6: This is a poster child for the private credit like rethink it is.
Speaker 5: Olivia Fischl's reporting on this has just been phenomenal on the Bloomberg terminal. She was on our program a little earlier talking of specifically about this story. Limiting redemptions from two of its private credit funds after facing a surge of withdrawal requests. Investors in Blue Owl Credit Income Fund asked to pull twenty one point nine percent of shares and those in the Blue Oul Tech Income Corp asked for about forty one percent back. So those are big withdrawal requests. Down one point six percent today. And finally, I just did the entire S and P fifteen hundred Airlines index because it encompasses all the airlines. Down one point nine percent today, it was down three percent, Delta down one point two percent, Southwest down one point seven, American Airlines down two point six.
Speaker 3: What's that? You could have used an ETF and you should have.
Speaker 5: No, we're partialty, I do the whole I do the whole index. I know you guys love your ETFs free TFIQ on Mondays noon it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right noon, that's right.
Speaker 1: You've got big thing just the day after with scarletton.
Speaker 3: That's right. They love that show.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let's go back.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the bond market.
Speaker 1: And you know we were talking about how equities seem to be ignoring oil, so too was the bond market today because take a look at those moves, really small overall, uniscule moves, minuscule pedestrian. Come on, let's get some action.
Speaker 3: You can see though.
Speaker 1: The yields felt a little bit across the curve down one to two basis points. Ask all the pointed out. The bond market is open tomorrow with an early close.
Speaker 6: This is what Ira Jersey assures me. The bond market is open for half a day, okay. The stock market is closed almost never happens. We do have a job suport tomorrow at eight thirty am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we will have a surveillance special. I love jobs reports that are released on days where you know, the equity markets aren't open and it's a bank holiday, because it's just vibes. You know, you're just sitting there looking at the numbers, or maybe you guys aren't.
Speaker 3: But that's what I like to do. The surveillance squirrel will be looking the numbers in vibing. They will what would you guys, Katie, Well, we'll check it out. I will check it.
Speaker 4: Out, will you like eight thirty and then like get an idea of the markets and the kind of move on.
Speaker 6: But you have the rest of the weekend for something to happen and change the tone as well.
Speaker 4: True, or you could be thinking about KitKat bars because there's a great story that caught our attention. We actually tried to do it yesterday and ran out of time, but over the weekend, Nesley confirming that thieves had swiped four hundred, almost four hundred and fourteen thousand units of Kitkats twelve metric tons somewhere along their way from a factory in central Italy to poll In. Both the chocolate bars in the truck carrying them remain missing, though no one was hurting the theft.
Speaker 3: It said.
Speaker 4: The whole point of this story is they kind of turned this kind of bad news into good news because they put out a message and they said where We've always encouraged people to have a break with kit Kat, but it seems themes that thieves have taken the message too literally and actually made a break with more than twelve metric times.
Speaker 5: What do you do with those podcasts?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Were you held them down? I don't know, like gold exactly.
Speaker 6: Well, chocolate is and cocoa is pretty valuable, or it was for a while, certainly not to the extent it was. But there's another story that caught our eye, which is Starbucks trying to woo baristas to be friendlier and speedier, and it's going to pay them to get there. They can earn an additional twelve hundred dollars a year if their store meets certain targets for sales, operations and customer service. Part of that, I guess the opening stages of that was when the new CEO had them all make sure that they were really friendly and wrote custom messages for people in their cups.
Speaker 1: And at least at the Hoboken Starbucks in Midtown, they do write a message on every single cup, which I do appreciate. I will say I was out of Starbucks near the office yesterday at about nine am. It was an absolute madhouse. I actually went back into the app to increase the tip because boy, I mean It was just like a coffee factory in there.
Speaker 3: Did you get a message on your cup?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I did, But they were really they smiled.
Speaker 4: Did they smile when they gave it to.
Speaker 1: I can't express enough just how busy these people were.
Speaker 5: It does raise the question about how they didn't answer the question actually measure the friendliness is it? Does it have to do with surveys and like, you know, how do you do that?
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.