Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, happy days are here again. It's a victory Tuesday inside the s WBC podcast Studio. What a difference a day makes in the Nationville Football League.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying a lot of you're not you still. We didn't come to another even that you're look gonna play. We were texting last night. We did come to an agreement that you're gonna play.
Speaker 2: That that was did we did? We back said, not so much. That's what you laughed at it. I did because I thought, how that's how ridiculous it was.
Speaker 4: That's that's how ridiculous the show is.
Speaker 5: So you didn't cannot argue with that.
Speaker 3: You didn't want me to start to show off by saying first place Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I must admit I had a ball last night and when I I think after the first drive, I said, Philly's.
Speaker 5: Gonna lose this game.
Speaker 2: Just the way they were running the ball, the way they were running the ball, I mean, man, Robinson was gashing those guys.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: It was very impressive. Jon Jon was impressive last night. Game plan itself, I thought was impressive on Atlanta coach's part.
Speaker 5: And Uh, Cousins.
Speaker 3: I don't know until that last drive, I'm sitting there going Kurt Cousins, man, and then he does that on the final her.
Speaker 4: Cousins was saying that until the final nive about himself and then got in that two minute offense and away they go. It was like a knife through butter.
Speaker 2: You know what happened once that cornerback got hurt. They went straight at the replacement. They brought the brought the number thirty three. They came to him twice. Then they yanked him out watching it right now, and they came then number twenty seven. Uh, you go in, see you and they toasted him too, and then they got the all pro on the other side.
Speaker 5: Uh. When it's all said.
Speaker 4: And done, Darius slay and uh. And so we were texting at the end of it and then the Atlanta scores and so I texted fight song tomorrow exclamation and Everson laughed at it. Yeah, because it was only Vicky And what confused you? Ever since as Mickey had Mickey on these group text he's slower keeping up with us on it, and so he was actually responding to an earlier just when he said not.
Speaker 2: So much interesting, I thought he meant not so much regards that being a good idea. Yeah, no, and yours should have been fights on tomorrow, question mark should no exciting point excitement over a Cowboys first place standing in the NFC East all of a sudden, Thank you very much, Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 5: I loved it. I loved watching the game.
Speaker 2: I love and you know, of course with us not playing any defense in the in the second week, I just loved how Atlanta's defense did not give up even though they got a break from.
Speaker 5: The mispass spot by. Yeah, that was not so much.
Speaker 3: Was in reference to you saying there was too much time left with that last possession.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 3: Thirty four seconds?
Speaker 4: Thirty four seconds left and he was just back there once again.
Speaker 2: Not just the cornerback went down and they had to replace him, but they they played this zone that allowed him to sit back. I think it must have been a three man rush. The loud Coo cousin to sit back there with all of a sudden, He's got all the time in the world.
Speaker 3: And welcome to the NFL. Just wait a day.
Speaker 4: And I watched a replay of the Manning cast on it and they had both Mannings and Matt Ryan on it on that game winning drive by Atlanta, and so both Peyton and Matt Ryan were saying in on this two minute drill, there are three things here. You got to get a positive play on first down, right, which they did, got a first down in fact on it. No negative plays. Was the second point, and then the third point was score No, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what it was.
Speaker 3: It was probably get out of bounds. And they kept getting out of.
Speaker 4: Right, and then it came to a certain point where they had forty seven seconds left and they had plenty of time with the first down at the twelve yard line. Now you're, as Peyton was saying, Okay, now, I don't want to get greedy here, but let's conserve some time here. We don't want to give them too much time.
Speaker 2: Sudden for three seconds, just run the ball once right, just because.
Speaker 5: It was killing It was killing them the whole game.
Speaker 4: That was the play before getting to the twelve yard line, the player cut back up in field and rather than going out of bounds right, so that yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on man, you caught the ball getting out of bound exactly right.
Speaker 3: And yelled at him too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it passing appearance in the end zone on that second to last play back the back of the end zone? Tight tight coverage And this is in uh, this is uh in contrast to the Kansas City Cincinnati game, which we decided it was clearly past interfearance. He was draped on him in the back of the end zone.
Speaker 2: That was yeah, yeah, and they call it and that referee was doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he was draped on him before the ball even got there.
Speaker 5: I mean, right like this right, How dare.
Speaker 4: You so they should have had the ball. They should have had the ball with forty seconds left at the one yard line with a first down.
Speaker 2: So that could have been a blessing in disguise, because I got admit, Jalen.
Speaker 5: Jalen was hell bent on getting first downs.
Speaker 2: You know, he was hell bent on making positive yards himself throughout the game anytime that they had the ball right there when people weren't opened down the field, and he was almost like Lamar and creating space within the pocket and giving themselves options to run or pass. Once he got outside the pocket, and that defensive end for Atlanta, He's like, man, I don't even know what set in the edge is.
Speaker 5: Every time every.
Speaker 2: Time he see rusting past it, he's squeezing it tight inside.
Speaker 3: And well don't you don't.
Speaker 5: I mean they just escape right outside of use a.
Speaker 3: Spy on him, right, you can't. They were dropping way back. There was no one looking.
Speaker 5: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I think they just assumed that the defense, you know, the pocket, the pressure that there was smart well smart pressure.
Speaker 5: It wasn't smart pressure.
Speaker 2: They kept he kept squeezing the pocket the defensive end, and he kept getting beat outside.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The other thing I noticed is, you know, both running backs looked really good, but I saw some like really big holes to run through too.
Speaker 5: Well. Oh they blocked their butts.
Speaker 2: No, that was no, there was no let me squeeze through here, right, No, they were wide open holes.
Speaker 4: Those are two veteran offensive line and I'm looking.
Speaker 5: They did very well.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking back at the game on Sunday and everybody's on, well, the Cowboys got to get Delvin Cook out there. Well, he ain't got no holes to run through. Go back and look at the game. There was hardly a hole.
Speaker 2: U Daldo was doing a good job, yes, trying to get the yards that he.
Speaker 3: Was.
Speaker 5: He was really fighting hard for everything.
Speaker 3: There were no big holes. They got beat both sides.
Speaker 5: Of the line, no doubt.
Speaker 3: And that's you know, no one wants to look at that. I heard people trying to criticize dak two interceptions. The wide receiver fell.
Speaker 5: We didn't even talk about that.
Speaker 4: He fell down.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 2: That was That was just a shame because that was the glass was on the money.
Speaker 5: Well, that was would have been perfect.
Speaker 3: That was the end of the game because they got the ball back at the end of the half scored.
Speaker 4: Unless there's bad field conditions, which there aren't at at and T Stadium. That's a route running issue, of course, Yeah, it's not. It's not a bad luck that you slip and fall. You get to you have to run the route and plant your foot like that's what on The practice fell out of here, And.
Speaker 2: Because if that's the case, everybody be falling exactly because it was a complete it was right on, it was right on the timing was perfect, but except the.
Speaker 5: Plant of the right foot.
Speaker 4: And a lot of that is it's the the the moment. You know, for a young receiver, the moment gets too big for you and so you're not doing that.
Speaker 5: That plant isn't quite as confident. That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're hurried. You know, you got to get there.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I'm on time the exactly that d goes into your feet, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So on second, look at the deal. With seven minutes to go, actually seven forty three to go in the second quarter, it's twenty one thirteen, all right, twenty one to thirteen.
Speaker 4: They're coming back on the cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, by the way, and it is mixed shots with a cowboy.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea. No thanks and.
Speaker 3: Uh and it's like, okay, game on right, your one possession down. Then they allowed the Saints to drive eleven plays seventy yards fifty nine of the yards rushing. Kamara had forty eight and the other guy, Williams. Williams had eleven and say, okay, now you got the ball back, and it's like, well, if I can just score and keep it a one, and that's when the would.
Speaker 4: You like to enter Camara's runs on that No.
Speaker 5: I saw.
Speaker 3: I got him listed right here.
Speaker 5: Why are you messing when we billy? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I was in a good mood, ready to talk about and now here we are eight and three still.
Speaker 4: And the touchdown is twelve?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Mmmm?
Speaker 5: It was if the screen passed?
Speaker 2: Wasn't enough being shown over and over and over again yesterday, not just while we were in here. I saw it when I went home, like, geez, give me a break.
Speaker 3: Well, and then that if you go back and look at it again, it was. It was, yes, it was. It was like a perfect storm for what the Cowboys called on defense and what they called on offense, because the Cowboys blitzed both outside linebackers and so the only linebacker there to take on Camara was Kendricks. And I see these two big old buffaloes coming at him right. He's got notions.
Speaker 4: And that was after after Lawrence had a swim move inside right, So the guard was there.
Speaker 3: One on the side to the Cowboys right was open because they were in man coverage, and they put the wide receiver in motion that way, and it took both cornerbacks down the field. Why in man coverage they I guess that was the call.
Speaker 2: No, they were they were in man coverage because they were not expecting of a They did not want to play zone with that pass, uh with the.
Speaker 5: Problem with the action that they would have. Second, they did not want to play that anymore. Right, when Diggs.
Speaker 2: Was was playing outside, the wide receiver cut inside.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure Diggs was in the zone.
Speaker 2: At that time when the wide receiver went all the way across the field. So they didn't want to do that anymore. Like you, we're too busy getting sucked up by the run. So now we're going to stay man to man, right, so that we can stay with our men. Well, now you've got linebackers have a problem because now the running back has the advantage on you if he runs the ball, because the blocking is coming to what.
Speaker 4: You're referring to is the Olave catch the thirty nine yard game when they were in zone and he was wide open a Frost.
Speaker 3: So when they were in man, the cornerbacks were still covering, and here's Kamara coming downfield and Hooker is on the other side and man on the tight end. So there's Donovan Wilson single safety.
Speaker 4: High right, but the tight end ran right to Donovan Wilson basically to block him.
Speaker 5: So that took both safeties.
Speaker 2: Once again, bad recognition because by the time Hooker comes off of that guy who's who's basically kissing Donovan Wilson, he's sitting there looking at him for some strange reason.
Speaker 5: And here comes tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He just if he would have recognized it better, he could have at least minimized the damage because kamaraw saw him coming and went that way. If he would have reacted sooner, Donovan and the guy hugging over here, why are you standing next to him?
Speaker 3: Or he needed to recognize what was happening because he's tryab is on board yesterday. This is just because but but he he's the only one that saw what was going on.
Speaker 5: He saw, he recognized from a quick recognition.
Speaker 3: What the angle was there you go or no angle.
Speaker 5: There you go none at all.
Speaker 2: That that those little keys right there can make the difference between a fifty eight yarder and a.
Speaker 3: But sometimes Larry Lacewell taught me this, sometimes they just get you.
Speaker 5: Well, they won't just get you all the time. What call I got you too many times?
Speaker 3: That play? Yeah, what I called and what they called.
Speaker 2: It happened to be the perfect storm, I understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then so they're you know, okay, and then they score on the after the interception, and now it's thirty five thirteen. You were in the game, and then you were not in the game.
Speaker 2: We talk about these blowouts and how you know, it's really not what it seems. Uh, there are times it is, but there are also times where, man.
Speaker 5: You were right there. Yeah, you were right there.
Speaker 3: That's where it's like, Okay, do the job the moment, get a stop.
Speaker 2: This is the moment, and that's where you have to have a playmaker. That's where you have to have a playmaker. But like you said in first place.
Speaker 3: Did you that's right?
Speaker 4: The week if you do well, if you got the three way time for first there at the UNFC least, I think.
Speaker 3: I lost my other sheet. It's almost even between the number of teams that were two and oh, the number of teams that were one in one and the number of teams that were too perfect parody.
Speaker 5: That's that's how they got.
Speaker 4: Check back in two weeks and they'll all be right. How about Okay, think about who lost this weekend in the NFC, Cowboys, Eagles, Niners and Lions all lost this week. And the Rams were a playoff team last year and they lost. Yeah they are.
Speaker 5: Their injury issue is got buzzard luck, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: But I mean their offensive line was already hurting and and now they're both wide receivers are out. So Nakua en Cup so that's their problem.
Speaker 3: And no, and if you look at the other side with Cincinnati and Baltimore both oh and two, right, Jacksonville oh and two? So yeah, it it's the NFL. It happens, or as Mike McCarthy likes to say, it's September football.
Speaker 4: And then even look at the Chiefs. Yes, their first game against Baltimore, the Cowboys next opponent, they came within a a toe to nail of Baltimore that would have got Baltimore than a point. They were going for two. So they with at a toenail and a two point of losing that game. And then their game again Cincinnati was so close as well. Yeah they got for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these out sixty eight weeks.
Speaker 2: They don't have a problem. They have problems coming up. I know Mahomes is the man that they I can say he can overcome anything. I don't know about that. For the rest of this season without Pacheco or at least sixty eight weeks.
Speaker 4: Kansas City plays Atlanta this week. Where that's a good question, one that I'm not prepared to answer as we speak right now, although I am now prepared to answer it. They were playing at home against Kansas City.
Speaker 5: They need it all.
Speaker 4: Right, We're just getting started. We heard from the coordinators yesterday. Yes, let's talk some pickle juice when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scott keeps it slides with the first down.
Speaker 6: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 7: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 5: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less fillings.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 3: Hell mindset.
Speaker 8: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers Middle Lighters in fact less feeling and taste great.
Speaker 9: I'm Bishine Legal Guy, Celebrate Responsibily. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point two grams carvers for club bounces, fewer Cowson cards than Predium regular beer.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demict shuts.
Speaker 2: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Saturday, September twenty first, from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tools of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit at and T Stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 4: Okay, we continue with mixed shots, and Mickey, you want to give us the numbers on the standings as far as you were yes on the get two and O teams and so forth.
Speaker 3: So we have nine two and O teams.
Speaker 5: Nine I didn't know that, man, nine oh.
Speaker 3: And two teams and fourteen one and one already at its best.
Speaker 5: Can I say, can I hear the two and ohs?
Speaker 4: The two and os would be the Chargers and the Chiefs in the AFC West, the Texans and the AFC South, the Steelers and the AFC North with an offense that is produced about the Bills in the AFC East, the Seahawks and the NFC West, the Saints and the Buccaneers in the NFC South, the Vikings of the NFC North, and nobody in the NFC East. You want to hear the O and two's? Now?
Speaker 5: Yes? All right?
Speaker 4: Here, here's here's a little game for you. Okay, which of the which of these teams? UH? Think about? Who will be oh and three? Because it relates to the Cowboys here? Okay, Denver's oh and two and they play at Tampa Bay, so they're probably going to oh and three. Indianapolis is oh and two. They host Chicago. Okay, toss up. Jacksonville's oh and two. They play at Buffalo. They're going to be oh and three. Tennis sees oh and two and they play Green Bay with Malik Willis at quarterback winning a game. I'm gonna say Baltimore. Cincinnati's oh and two and they host Washington, So they should win that game, don't you think they should? Rams are oh and two and host San Francisco, which, now, by the way, Rams are depleted, but so are the Niners, not only without McCaffrey but also without Debo for a couple of weeks, it looks like, but that problems are probably going on.
Speaker 5: Three.
Speaker 4: Carolina is ozing two and they play at Vegas with Andy Dalton at quarterback. But they've got Andy Dalton at quarterback. Bryce already benched the top pick in the draft last year after two games, gets benched yesterday by Carolina. And then the Giants owing two play at Cleveland and then Baltimore oh and two at Dallas.
Speaker 5: Giants might Giants might upset? Who's the Giants?
Speaker 4: Scott at Cleveland?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, where's the h The Eagles are at New Orleans?
Speaker 4: Philadelphia is at New Orleans. That's right, So there you go. How about that?
Speaker 3: So all of us sudden like that place will be right.
Speaker 4: On that Saints bandwagon because they got the rest of the NFC East to play. All right, let's talk a little pickle juice. Mike Zimmer brought it up yesterday and is uh, you know, the Pickle Juice game, right ever since.
Speaker 5: Of course Staley, Uh huh, yeah.
Speaker 4: That was September third, two thousand. One hundred and nine degrees was the official temperature, and the thermometers at Texas Stadium were registering up to one hundred and thirty degrees in the sun on the field, and you know how hot Texas Stadium would get.
Speaker 2: And Deuce was acting as if he was playing. And the refrigerator two yards rushing, ye three?
Speaker 3: But yeah, and as a team they had over three hundred yards six rushing as a team.
Speaker 4: And who is the defensive coordinator with the Cowboys. It was Mike Zimmer.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: First game, first game as defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: He figured it out after that.
Speaker 3: Well, he had told a really good story back either be when he got here or at training camp, but he talked about it was his first chance. You know, he's a secondary coach.
Speaker 4: Came here in ninety four, first chance for the Super Bowl teams defensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: And he said, spent the whole week devising all these fancy blitz schemes, these coverage packages, and then they get run over three hundred. Yeah, he said, I figured out real quickly. If you don't stop the run, You're not going to be in this league for very long as a defensive coordinator receipts. So he said, I wiped out all that stuff I prepared and we started from scratch.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: So the next game the Cowboys got beat thirty two to thirty one. As a matter of fact, that first game, not only did Joey Galloway tear his ACL gone for the season, Troy had a concussion. So Randall Cunningham started the next two games. So they go play Arizona. They get beat thirty two thirty one, but it took the Cardinals thirty three carries to get ninety eight yards, so three point three.
Speaker 5: So he had to wear he had to work on the secondary.
Speaker 3: Then, right, so we're back, and then in week three they beat Washington twenty seven twenty one. Now the then Redskins ran for one hundred and seven yards, but it was three point seven a carring, so it got more reasonable. Stephen Davis in that game had ninety one yards rushing. So he learned long time ago that you better stop the run. Well, not so much on you know what?
Speaker 4: He he one other point going back to that. Okay, So then Mike Zimmer. Okay, he knew to keep his job, he was going to have to he fixed that. Okay. Now to the point that three years later in two thousand and three, when Bill Parcells was the first year, kept him as a defensive coordinator and the Cowboys had the number one defense in the league and somehow made the playoffs with Quincy Carter at quarterback. In two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: It was the greatest coaching job in Parcels history.
Speaker 4: So he had so he completely fixed the defense within three years. But he's got six days to completely fix this defense before Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry and the Ravens.
Speaker 3: And he can't change the personnel now, by the way, So you brought up pickle juice. So that was Andy Reid's first game as the head coach in Philadelphia, Okay. And so when they saw how hot it was and guys were getting ivs left and right, they claimed that they took care of the cramps because they were drinking pickle juice. And so that became a big thing here. It's like, well, why didn't the Cowboys drink peple juice? Right? I don't think anybody had heard of that before.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm sure Bill knows some people that did something like that.
Speaker 5: I know people that drank pickle juice.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what, I was just the whole thing dealing with the heat in Texas.
Speaker 3: And I did I did a bike ride from I just wanted to Texas. The fact that he but it.
Speaker 4: Was it wasn't just deuce. It was the yeah, well the whole thing like it was just.
Speaker 5: So that's why I asked.
Speaker 4: I did a juices from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did a bike ride.
Speaker 4: It gets hot in South Carrosa.
Speaker 3: Where's the town west of uh fort Worth that does the peach festival or something?
Speaker 4: Alito is west of fort Worth. Mineral Wells is west of Weatherford.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was.
Speaker 3: I think it was Weatherford. They had the Peach Pedal Festival.
Speaker 4: And I did a bike beach. Oh like a like a bicycle pedal. Okay, each pedal at all? There you I'll look it up. You tell your story about about Pasch pedal bike ride. About half we were talking about that today.
Speaker 3: I started cramp for any day.
Speaker 4: Weatherford High School is where they meet.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I started cramping up. And when you're cramping up, it's hard to pedal a bicycle. So I had to stop. I stretching my hamstring. And so they had like water stations along the way. I was only going twenty miles and uh I got there and they had pickles. Well, they were out of pickles. I said, let me drink the pickle juice, and I swear to God, in five minutes the cramps stopped and I was able to finish.
Speaker 2: So there's something too. That's one of those old school remedies that you know, people in Texas already knew about. I'm surprised you didn't know.
Speaker 3: I had never heard of it.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you'd like to support the United Way of Parker County, the thirty seventh an you wal Peach Pedal bike ride will take place next summer in Weatherford, of.
Speaker 3: Course in the summer.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's the story on pickle juice.
Speaker 5: I like that good job.
Speaker 3: So if you if you wake up at night and you get cramps, go go refrigerator.
Speaker 5: I have it. I have it, and I.
Speaker 4: Think there have been scientific studies that have proven the effect of that. Since yeah, pickle juice, So.
Speaker 2: Pickled juice is going to be pickled anything, I mean, not just not eat the juice itself, the pickle juice itself, like you pickle onions, you pickled, you know, all kinds.
Speaker 3: Of stuff, or if you just drank some olive juice, anything's got, That's.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: I'm now researching pickle juice interventions.
Speaker 2: Only on mixed shot old people like us.
Speaker 4: So how about a run game, a defensive run game? Intervinsion?
Speaker 2: What needs to happen for that's do you have the list to this stuff?
Speaker 4: Can you use pickle juice on a run defense?
Speaker 3: They need to get younger.
Speaker 4: Oh oh man.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: I was skeptical of that to start, and those guys ended up playing twenty four.
Speaker 4: Well, they got younger. They drafted one in the seventh round, Justin Rodgers, defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where's he at?
Speaker 5: Did he play?
Speaker 3: No? They tried to get that to the practice squad and somebody picked him up Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Maybe. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I forgot who it was. Those guys zeroed out.
Speaker 4: Well, all the inside tackles.
Speaker 2: I can only say this by design, they should not be making plays.
Speaker 3: But they got to hold up against That's what they have to do.
Speaker 2: They have to hold up the Yeah, with the Marcus lawnch Once you make that move inside, as Nate Newton talked to us about yesterday after the show, you've.
Speaker 5: Created being outnumbered.
Speaker 2: Once you try to go inside as a defensive lineman and they're going wide, you have now created a situation where they've got more offensive players than defensive players and you're outnumbered. And so that's why Kamara was able to either go outside or even even if you set the edge, he's able to dip in and back out to the sideline for healthy games.
Speaker 4: Of Justin Rodgers who is with the Cincinnati Bengals, shingles who and he's on their practice squad, so he's available. You could you could sign him off their practice squad if you like what you saw.
Speaker 2: You know, if you got if you have older guys, then you would think that those older guys would have the mentality to be able to play it correctly.
Speaker 3: Well, I take it back, Joseph did have two tackles.
Speaker 5: But but that but that's why you get experience. Facts. Yeah, you get experienced.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, it's great to have big guys in there, but do the job.
Speaker 4: All right, We're gonna continue with more mixed shots in just a moment and uh more from what the coordinators had to say on Monday and the head coach as well when mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Ruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 6: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect grow My goodness, Wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 7: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less feeling.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 3: Hell mindset.
Speaker 8: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Light is in fact less feeling and taste great.
Speaker 9: I'm me shine, legal guy, Celebrate responsibly Walkkey Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands, three point two grams cars for twelve ounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest Heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org demitt shuts.
Speaker 3: The schedule is set in. Limited tickets for the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys season at AT and T Stadium are available now. Don't miss your chance to see your Cowboys live at a T n T Stadium when they host the NFC East rival Eagles, Giants and Commanders plus the Ravens. By the way, that is this Sunday Lions, Texans, Bengals and Bucks. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash tickets or go to seat get dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of your Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Imposta.
Speaker 4: Everson had a very timely departure from the s w BC podcast studio, so Mickey made the read right there.
Speaker 5: It was a tough read, That's why I left. And it was.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of periods in commas.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Injury update, Jake Ferguson looks like this is a promising week for him.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it nearly was. On Sunday. I was told before the game that he was really close and he wanted to go, but they thought making him inactive was to save himself from himself, so they thought that was the better long term decision. So I think there's a good chance that he'll be able to go. Zach Martin did come back in the game. Mike McCarthy yesterday pointed out that he would be among the veteran guys that don't normally practice on Wednesday. But I think they felt like he should be able to go, and we'll still keep an eye on what John Stevens is doing as the third tight end. Did they elevated fan He ended up just playing special teams, Yes, fourteen defensive snaps. He didn't get any offensive snaps, and I thought they had used over shown no Hunter, uh more than I swear when I went back and looked at it, it says he only played ten offensive snaps, but I could have swore he was out there more than that because they were using him a lot as the second tight end.
Speaker 4: Well, it got to a point where they're behind by so much they're not running the ball. Yeah, and so it so when the game was still in doubt, like the first quarter and a half, that's where you saw.
Speaker 3: That's where he maybe maybe I lost track, And then after that actually played twenty two snaps as the second tight end. Behind Overshown, who I thought in his first game that they were kind of leaning on him, I mean Scoon maker that he did, Okay, I mean it was acceptable.
Speaker 2: Well, he's a good complimentary tight end. Yeah, and you know, when you're the primary tight end, you kind of want him to be primary. But he still basically played complimentary even though he was the primary.
Speaker 4: Okay, clear up the over shown Leofoul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so everybody's wondering why Overshown. I think he only played eighteen snaps all along while they were bringing him back from his ACL Even in training camp, the idea was to use him on the nickel. So when they were running pat or run heavy formations, they were going to use three linebackers and they were going to use Leophile, the draft choice, as the other outside linebacker with Kendricks and Clark. So that was the package. So in the first game, the Browns were in nickel offense, three wide receivers most of the games, so over shown played a lot.
Speaker 4: That's why over shown against Cleveland.
Speaker 3: That's Nate and Frisco. I'm doing silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've done this before. Come on, purpose, I'll see you Chris.
Speaker 4: Here here, got it.
Speaker 5: He's just turning it off now right, keep calling Nate.
Speaker 4: Just so, dude, so we can get out here.
Speaker 3: He's still calling on purpose.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So anyway, that's why in the Cleveland game, over.
Speaker 5: Dude just turned off your all turned off the volume.
Speaker 2: That's the volume of you talking, that's not the volume of the ring obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Overshowed had forty four snaps and Leo Foul had only nine snaps against Cleveland. But you flipped that in this game where Leo Foul had thirty nine snaps and overshown at eighteen.
Speaker 11: It's because of the the personnel package, the personnel packages that the offense had out there, and they had two tight ends, if not two tight ends in a full back on the field all the time.
Speaker 4: But the Saints, whereas the Browns were in their nickel offense because they were behind in the game.
Speaker 3: So that's why I got Leah Foul got more snaps in.
Speaker 5: He was kind of overshow making a few plays I thought he did out. Yeah, yeah, he was flying around.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to at least be excited about it as he made plays. I don't like anyone being excited in that not making plays.
Speaker 3: He ended up playing six percent of the snaps thirty nine. So that's why that took What do people watch when they ask those questions like why didn't overshown play more? And they were trying to regulate his amount of snaps during training camp? Just coming back from the ACL, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that is a is the issue as much as.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a person it was star and that's why the.
Speaker 5: Person they don't know about personnel.
Speaker 2: And now if you're talking about other media guyside okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And it's their skill set too. They relieve, okay, you got two young linebackers and you want to get them both on the field, and so lea foul his skill set is better suited and a lot of times they're running him that. It's basically a three to four defense where you've got three down linemen. You've got Parsons standing on one side, leafhol standing on the other, with Clark and Kendricks in the middle. It looks like a Parcels three four defense basically, and Leafhols playing an outside linebacker over there, the same linebacker. And whereas in your nickel now you've got four guys rushing, you got five dbs and you got two linebackers. Over shown that's his skill set. He's a former safety and he can cover and you know, has that speed whatever.
Speaker 5: So that's how you let the poundage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right now, there may be a time where injuries happen whatever, And now Overshown and Leofel are getting cross trained to be in whatever subpackage is that they aren't currently in. But that's a way to get them on the field. And so it's dictated by how the game plays out. If you fall behind thirty five to thirteen, okay, the other team's going to be running the ball and Lea Fhile is going to be on the field, you know, because that's what the other team's doing.
Speaker 2: Try and other media guys should know that, SPACs, I thought you were talking about just fans.
Speaker 3: No out there, you know, because that was you on the exercising question to McCarthy and Zimmer yesterday. How about the coaches.
Speaker 4: How about the coaches just in general, not specifically on that, their press conferences and the questions they get from the media us in the media, and how they have to be it's such basic one oh one stuff, you know, and they've got to answer the questions about.
Speaker 5: It, you know.
Speaker 2: Any media that's in print. I would think that they would know better. But you know, you have some of these radio guys out here.
Speaker 5: I mean, what about the TV guys, radio guys.
Speaker 2: Radio guys just on there for just personality, and you know you can't see them. They just out there having fun talking about whatever, and they sound like Joe Blow regular fans.
Speaker 5: But you know you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't be on TV or in the print, in print making those kind of mistakes.
Speaker 3: Like God, if you're on a podcast, you know, I agree. I I always look at some of that and I'm going, if I was the head coach, they'd hate me.
Speaker 4: They hate you anyway, Bicky.
Speaker 3: But well, that's true.
Speaker 5: That's why we have the rent On mix shafts. That's true because you're the only one that has a rant section.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't soft pedal show on your podcast if I got those questions.
Speaker 5: I just you know.
Speaker 4: I was listening to a little bit of John Harball driving in because I like to go behind enemy lines and listening to a little bit of his press conference yesterday, and it was interesting. They've got an issue at Right Guard. I think it is where they've got this Falala who's been starting and then Ben Cleveland came in, and so the media is asking, Okay, why not, why don't you go with Cleveland instead of a And Harball was upfront saying, Falala is great. Now better than the other guy. The other guy once once playing time, then he's going to have to start playing better, you know. And so even though it to the media it appeared that Cleveland was doing better than plaa know the coaches who know a little something about it, but he was up front about it. Hartball was like, it was refreshing to hear a coach say, yeah, he should do better if he wants more playing time.
Speaker 3: You know, I'd be like Popovich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't be like Pop. You'd be insignificant in your last years.
Speaker 5: Don't Pop? I like Pop? But man, Pop is Pop.
Speaker 3: Well, how about the poor said in his own rules?
Speaker 5: Now, how about the.
Speaker 3: Poor first year head coach at Carolina having to say, try to qualify changing quarterbacks already?
Speaker 4: And so everyone's thinking, it's the owner Tepper who's made the decision.
Speaker 2: Well, they said they did say he was, and he kept the reason he was.
Speaker 3: He just kept saying it by great things about Bryce Young, right, and it's like, Okay, why are you benching him?
Speaker 2: You know what, you only want to mess this kid's confidence.
Speaker 3: If you're not ready, you're not ready.
Speaker 2: Because he has a there's a culture of losing now around him.
Speaker 4: And you've got veteran players on that team. If the if the veteran players are looking okay, we got Andy Dalton. It's just we're two games into this and we haven't done squat yet. We're getting blown out in two games and we they're watching practice and they see this veteran guy and now this young guy who's missing on things whatever. To to not lose the entire locker room, you got to go.
Speaker 5: And has to react. They have to respond for Andy.
Speaker 4: And the other thing is they then with a veteran guy coming in there who's done it before. Okay, well maybe we misevaluated the entire room. And but now this gives us our best chance to win a game. And now we can make an assessment on everybody on the team.
Speaker 2: Now and the defensive game plan is going to check instrumentously as well.
Speaker 3: How many how many young quarterbacks you think had been ruined by getting playing too soon? Yes, that's what came to my mind. Who's doing a nice job by the way, as a broadcast, what.
Speaker 4: Would have happened to Romo if he had played right off the bat.
Speaker 3: Well and to think about this, and if Akman wasn't of sound mind, Uh, that could have killed him going to eleven in his rookie year. But he was so tough and strong minded that he was able to work through it.
Speaker 2: But hey, we all had to work through it. He wasn't the only one it was all about. I mean, anybody rebounded.
Speaker 3: From that that could have that could have.
Speaker 2: Left and rebounded. They stayed and rebounded. You got to give all of us.
Speaker 3: Credits because that was tough. And and at that time, offensively, he didn't have a lot to work with either. It was herschel Walker.
Speaker 5: Even the next year. Uh, in ninety they didn't have.
Speaker 4: With all with y'all, we were watching this stuff. We rebounded to we should have bailed on the team. Okay, we could have bailed and gone someplace times Harold folded, Mickey could have gone elsewhere, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but he stilled with it folded three years later. You know what my philosophy on you guys.
Speaker 5: That's so courageous. I just that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was so curagous thank you for your courage, my philosophy on that one in fifteen season, you were oh and nine, and I'm going it was my first year to do the team by myself, and I'm going, I am going to cover NFL history. I am going to see oh and sixteen. This is going to be great.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, why are you so happy about that?
Speaker 3: Typical media guy? You won one, and I'm going, on, now, it's just a bad season.
Speaker 5: That was the only good game I had that year, and we won away from home.
Speaker 3: Was at Washington thirteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like we played against Doug.
Speaker 3: He was there with a thirteen nine champions.
Speaker 4: Like the Sunday night game or the Monday night game one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was. Was he hurt or was he just getting back when.
Speaker 5: He was definitely you know his knee, His knee was bad.
Speaker 3: He's still and it was a night game on top of him.
Speaker 5: I remember Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Right on deadline.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're at a time, we're pastime. Here on a Tuesday edition, a victory Tuesday edition of mix Shots, we turn our attention to the winless Baltimore Ravens. On the next edition of mix Shots at noon on Wednesday, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.