Speaker 1: Like you got the tools, you got the talent, but also changing the dynamic in the clubhouse. It's another one of the things Friedman has talked about.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, and welcome to the brand new live episode of Dodgers Territory on this Thursday, the final Dodgers Territory prior to the trade deadline. We will be back on Friday for post But as far as the regular show is concerned.
Speaker 4: This is it.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of show coming up Injury Territories. Will Carroll's going to join us a little bit later talking all the things show Hey o Tani and the knee, Will Smith and the Neck, among other things.
Speaker 4: But first let's get into.
Speaker 3: Some trade deadline talk. It is time now for rumor has as you saw it there, and of course everybody's mind is on the trade deadline. It is Monday at six pm Eastern. Andrew Friedman earlier, speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Clint and shared a little bit of nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was a par for the course.
Speaker 1: Andrew Friedman media availability or whatever. He's not gonna tip his hand. This is not what he does, and he would be dumb to be like, oh yeah, we're gonna go out and get this guy, get this guy. But there was still some interesting kind of you know, you read the tea leaves, you speak enough Andrew Friedman, you can kind of, you know, parse some things from it. So I'd say, let's listen to the little Andy as I like to call him. Let's listen to Andy, and we'll come back and kind of download what he has to say about the state of the team and where they're at heading into the deadline.
Speaker 5: Good news is for each of them, the injury part of it is behind us, and now it's about how to build up and get them back. And we talk about this a lot with guys coming back from injury. Get them back to stay back, not get them back as quickly as we can, but get them back to stay back. And so that is kind of what we are messing with. But as far as them coming back, we feel really good about it. And you know, it's balancing all of that, which we have had to do a number of julyes of thinking through that. But feel really good about the talent base we have in place, not just on field, but also how the group messes together. And so, like always, we're going to be thoughtful and careful about what we potentially add to that dynamic. You know, on one hand, we're always of the mind of, you know, trying to do everything we can to put ourselves in the best position to win. Sometimes we're fortunate enough to line up on things, sometimes not, but I think always while being mindful of our group, the dynamic, you know where we're at. And also so at least the last couple of years of trying to make a really concerted effort to be really aggressive in the off season to avoid having an acute need in July, because when you have an acute need, it's really challenging because you're paying one hundred and fifty cents two hundred cents on the dollar. So we try everything we can to avoid that of having to do something. But when you're able to, you know, be in a position to be a little bit more selective and yeah, opportunistic about what potentially is available, it just puts you in a better position. So as much flexibility as we can have, the better.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that he said something.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things that he said that I like, but one of the things that really stood out to me, Clint, I want your opinion about it, He said, Listen, we tried to do everything we could in the off season so we didn't have to have an absolute you know, I don't know how we said it, but like unique need, that's a cute need at the trade deadline because it does get a lot more expensive. So this is a very bright front office. We've said that a lot. One thing he did not talk about, and I would not expect him to, is Terrek Scooble. That is a big domino that probably needs to drop, obviously to see where everybody else falls. You're not going to assume Andrew Friedman is going to talk about Schooble. But Ken Rosenthalt today on Fair Territory said it is all pointing to a trade somewhere. What is your takeaway from Andrew's little presser there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll dive more into the Schooble side of things.
Speaker 1: But listening to Andrew, he's saying a lot of what we heard the last couple of years and the right things. Honestly, this team, as we know, this forty man roster heading into spring training as it was built, is was and will continue to be good enough to win. Go out there and three pete. Now, of course, right now it doesn't look as good. You're missing a few pieces. You're still missing Tyler glassanaw, you're still missing Blake Snell. Snell returns probably maybe next week, and then Tyler Glass now maybe about a month behind him. He should be heading out on a rehab a little bit later. We'll get more updates, by the way from Will Carroll on those kind of injuries and whether or not they're kind of concerning to be reinjured. But there's another factor here, like you got the tools, you got the talent, but also changing the dynamic in the clubhouse. It's another one of the things Friedman talked about there has talked about in the past as well, him, Brandon Gomes, Dave Roberts. It's about not just bringing in the best talent, but also bringing in the right talent. We've heard Max Munzi address this as well, or at least touch on this as well. Not to say Trek Scoogle is some sort of you know, d bag who doesn't fit the mold of being a dodger and trying to win. But right now, you know, you and I were talking earlier on our production call, like we've heard some people, as mostly Jeff Passon, who kind of mentioned in passing maybe maybe the Dodgers could look to move from an area of depth and trade Taoscar Hernandez. So there's not only bringing guys in, but taking guys out of the equation in that clubhouse for a team that is gelling so well, that is back to back champions and going for that three peat. I don't see you know, I have it on the screen here. It says, well, a la be busy or boring. Boring is probably a bit short of a word, but it's not boring. Is to get the guys back that they already signed a year ago or two years ago or you know, this past offseason.
Speaker 2: Whatever. It's a really good team.
Speaker 1: And I'm not upset if Andrew decides to be dull.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing is if you're boring or if you're dull, it's because you have all of the pieces that you believe you need to get into the postseason and get back to the World Series. I mean, if the Dodgers had an absolutely glaring need and they went out there and they couldn't get something, and they were just trying to get something to be exciting. I'd much rather be in the position that the Dodgers are in right now, having pretty much what they do need and getting reinforcements back. Obviously, kiy Key Hernandez is back, which we know that he is. Mister October Edwin Diaz is back. That can only make your bullpen better, a bullpen that really has struggled for the Dodgers in the month of July. It was great to hear the music at Dodgers Stadium. It was great to see him come out. And you are getting Blake Snell back probably next week. He had a good rehab outing. Perhaps he's back next week. Maybe he doesn't have to do another rehab start.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glasenow at some point is going to be back. But again with the Dodger starting rotation that they have right now, the first round in the Division Series, you only need three, right and they're gonna they have more than enough. And we'll talk about Eric Louer in just a hot second. But I love the position that they're in right now with the reinforcements that are coming back. They don't have a massive glaring need. My only question to you, Clint, if I'm thinking about a need.
Speaker 4: For this team. To me, it's at the catching spot again.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we know that Will Smith has been stacking good days and we're going to talk to Will Carroll about Will Smith coming up as far as his neck injury is concerned.
Speaker 4: But I need a.
Speaker 3: More bonafide backup catcher that has playoff experience if something does happen where Will Smith can't come back when he wants.
Speaker 4: To or when they need him to.
Speaker 3: Love Dalton Rushing, love what the kid's doing, but he is not my playoff caliber starting catcher throughout the postseason.
Speaker 1: I mean he isn't because he hasn't done it yet. I think the tools are there, the talent is there, the makeup is there. I trust anybody the Dodgers want to hand the keys to the way they have to Dalton Rushing. If they didn't trust him, he would not be catching as much as he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the backup to the backup.
Speaker 1: The understudy to the understudy leaves a little bit to be desired. With all due respect to Eliezer Alfonso, but he's here for now. I know the Tigers, they dfaid and I believe have since released Jake Rodgers, who has been Trek Scooble's I think somewhat personal catchers.
Speaker 4: So is he is he bringing Trek Scooble with him? Is he coming over like? Is this like a Is this a two for one?
Speaker 2: Doubtful? Sources point two.
Speaker 1: If it's a backup catcher that has been dfa'd, he's probably doesn't have a doesn't have the poll. You know, Kirsh didn't go to Philly with a j Ellis. I doubt we're gonna have Schooble flying with Jake Rodgers.
Speaker 2: But that's one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit of shit about it when I posted like, oh future Dodger shortly after the DFA. I'm not looking at the numbers. I don't care about the offense. I need somebody who can command a pitching staff if if he is pressed into duty. We know, as I've talked so much about with Ben Rourtvett, we know he can do that with this team, and he has done it with this team in the past. If it is somebody like that, maybe it makes sense. But I still think I wouldn't call it an acute need, but there is a need. There would be a bonus of benefit to having a backup catcher. But how about we you know, let's let's talk about the important elephant in the room, the Schooble stuff. We we have a way of bearing the lead because I think both you and I we listen, We know everybody wants to talk about it, and you know we're going to be a little bitchy about it, like no, no, you guys can wait for us.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you about this when we feel that it's.
Speaker 3: Definitely it's definitely on the top of everybody's mind, right, and he is the biggest piece as far as that is concerned.
Speaker 4: But let's be very clear about this.
Speaker 3: This would be a rental, right, So you're gonna have to think about the amount of pieces it's going to take to give to the Detroit Tigers in order to get Trek Scooble for three months of the season. Because his agent is Scott Boris, so you know that he is going to free agency. This is not an opportunity like when we got Mooki Bets in the trade that we could extend Mooki bet right. This is going to be a situation where we will get Trek Schouoble via trade, but then we will go to free agency and see if he wants to remain in LA or if other teams are going to take him away from LA. I mean, that's this is we have to be clear. So what do you want to give up for him? What does that look like? What other teams have a deep farm system or current Major League Baseball players that they're willing to give up in this Tarrek Schooble trade.
Speaker 4: Everyone's talking about it. He's going to be traded. I mean, do we have the pieces?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that something that is going to happen considering the pieces we're getting back, knowing that.
Speaker 4: He's going to go to free agency, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dodgers absolutely have the pieces to make a deal like that happen. We know the Tigers are going to trade. They would be They would be dumb to not trade Trek Schooble. At this point, you don't want to see them do what the Angels did with show hey Atani a couple of years ago and just let him walk for a draft pick. And it's not a very high draft pick next year, I believe for the Tigers. So you got to get something of value right now. Later on in the show, maybe we'll mess around, do some predictions. Maybe I'll throw out a mock trade idea that everybody can crap all over. But one guy who has been leading the charge for weeks on this amongst the many is Jeff Passing, And you know, all hail we trespassing along with the best of them there. But he said the Dodgers are the favorites. So this was yesterday.
Speaker 6: They are the.
Speaker 1: Favorites at this point and quote, frankly have been since the possibility of Trek Scooble getting traded first surface a couple of weeks ago. The Dodgers are in the conversation. Andrew Friedman also mentioned they are always going to be in the conversation. If there is a star level player in the game is available at any time, they're always going to participate in those conversations. You could have a talk about Trek scoobl but it's about the fit, it's about the acute need. And yes, with the show Heyo Tani knee and bicep situation, they keep maintaining he's going to be available, He's going to be ready by the post season. But riz you know, shoe Otani's best value to this team is hitting Dingers out of that leadoff spot. If there's anything that is going to compromise his ability to slug in October, I'm willing to sacrifice him on the mound.
Speaker 2: Like, not literally, you know, it's not going to be.
Speaker 1: Blood pouring out or anything like that, but I'm willing to be without, you know, withhold pitching in October, or maybe minimize it to a great degree for show hey. And you know a great fill in would be Trek Scoogle. So it's interesting, it's it's really interesting position here. The Dodgers are in you know, another guy, maybe that makes sense going over to Detroit, Eric Lauer, He's been good.
Speaker 3: Continued before we get on that train for a second. First of all, Shoeo Tani is not a chicken. This is not Jobu in Major League. Okay, we're not sacrificing show Heyotani. And the reason that he's so valuable at the plate is because we don't necessarily I mean, is he better? You know, is our rotation better with shoe Heeyo Tani in it? Yes, But because our rotation is so good, you don't notice the Shoeo Tani not pitching, you know what I mean? Like there's there's people, there's there's pieces that can fill out that rotation incredibly. Well, Amazon's at my house by the way, so getting something. But yeah, shout out to Amazon sponsor us on the show if.
Speaker 4: That'd be great.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, I just think that the rest would be good for him because you and I and Katie Wu talked about this the other day about how a couple of days off for him is not the worst thing in the world that could happen, because of the position that the daughters are in, because of the lead that they already have, because unless something unbelievable happens, they will win this division and they will likely get home field advantage throughout the playoffs based on overall record and all of the things that go into that. Now, Eric Lower, that is an interesting conversation. And when I was on ex early today teasing our show, I said, Eric Lower has been such a great piece of this puzzle for the Dodgers and their starting rotation. But will he be in a Dodgery uniform come August fourth? And I don't think so, because again you and I talked about this with Katie. He's been so valuable for this team. But he's not going to be on this postseason roster based on the pieces, based on the pieces that are coming back and the needs that the Dodgers will have at that time. So he's better served perhaps going into trade to get somebody else on it, to go to Wood team and hopefully it's a contender, right, I mean, he's earned that right.
Speaker 4: Hopefully it's a contender to go.
Speaker 3: To Wood team to where he will be in the starting rotation on a postseason team and will be able to eat those innings and those types of things. So I joked about it. I know it's not realistic, it's not a rule. I wish we could keep him, you know, until the end of the season and we get into the postseason and then you know, trade him to a team that can use him because we're not and need him at that time.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's really easy to have our cake and eat it too, as as Dodgers fans. And he's you know, again, he's somebody who's been great delirium in the chat saying lower is valuable insurance indeed, But you know they were honest with him when they acquired him. He is viewed as a rental for this organization, even Katie mentioning, you know, as you mentioned, he is not even in the bullpen picture. Like if you have Eric Lower as good as he's been, nail as guarant guaranteed win for the team that day as he has been, he's still just not up to snuff enough for this club heading into October.
Speaker 3: So we just we just have a lot of bodies, right, and he's not a bullpen guy. I mean, yeah, I guess he could go out there and eat innings, but it's just a different type of it's a different type of animal out there in the bullpen. I'd rather see him be able to do what he does well for another contending team. There's just, unfortunately for him, there's just not enough space in what is already a great pitching staff top to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, if he's going anywhere, it's going to be the same like they did last year with Dustin May. You know, it's going to be going to a club that has some sort of playoff aspirations.
Speaker 2: And again I.
Speaker 1: Teased maybe maybe the Tigers there you can find a way to mix him into some sort of conversation. It's not a beautiful picture playoff picture for the Tigers, but there is still something there. But to your question, to your your comment on the Twitter, X, do I think he's a Dodger. I would love to see him be a Dodger after August fourth.
Speaker 2: But I really don't think he is.
Speaker 1: With just stay to the rotation, knowing you're getting Snell back next week most likely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You know, they already started making their deadline editions as it is. Keith a Hernandez returned this week. Edwin Diaz made his return last night, earned the save immediately. They made those guys Snell getting closer Glass. Now you know, we said Will Smith stacking good days.
Speaker 6: And all that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna learn a lot more about all of those names, by the way, and their injuries with Will Carroll. He's gonna be coming up in just a second. But first, and I'm excited to talk to Will about a lot of these injuries and I have talked a little bit off and on over the course of the season. We've got to tell you something about our friends.
Speaker 2: Over at Seat Geek.
Speaker 1: First, the Red Sox are in town to face the Doyers.
Speaker 2: It's Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 1: Kyle Tucker, Bobblehead Night at Dodger Stadium on Friday. I'm sure the lines are already stack.
Speaker 3: Let's just say it's not the same as a show, Hey O, Tawny anything Night at.
Speaker 4: Dodger Stadium, but it is. It is Kyle Tucker Bobblehead Night on Friday.
Speaker 3: And if I know anyone trying to get to the game, I always recommend seat Geek to them.
Speaker 4: Guys, It's easy.
Speaker 3: It's not just for baseball, but of course we love the baseball opportunity. With them over thirty five million download, seat Geek is the number one rated ticketing app. You can get your tickets to the Dodgery and this is going to be a really good series. I know the Red Sox have scuffled recently, but they have been on a tear since going into the All Star break. They've been a very, very good team. So this is a good series they could potentially be if the season ended today.
Speaker 4: The Red Sox are in the playoffs. So there you have it.
Speaker 3: You can get tickets to the Dodgers game, to concerts, festivals, and more. See geek has your back because of each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know that you are getting a good deal. Clint, tell us about the dots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you see at green dot, you know that means good. Red dot means bad. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee, and of course I'll tell them we got a code for them. You can use Territory ten code Territory ten that is one zero. You get ten percent off any MLB tickets with that promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your AC council.
Speaker 2: You can use it later. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Seat geek.
Speaker 3: Jo always appreciate having Will Carroll on the p guys. He is a pallethora of information when it comes to medical stuff and injury news and those types of things, and he has also the host of Injury Territory on the Foul Territory Network. Check him out, like him, subscribe all the things. Well, good to be with you, Thank you so much. Let's start with the Unicorn show. Hey o, Tani, it is a left knee, it is a right bicep. Tell me more about those two things and will we see him pitch again anytime soon?
Speaker 6: Yeah? First I have to say a plethora. Hefe you got that reference, but you know it's with joey Otani. It's the two issues. Andrew Friedman had a great quote this morning talking about he didn't want him throwing with an arm under one hundred percent because he was compensating for the knee, which we know as a problem. Let's first talk about that knee. It is a moniscus tear, and we've seen this injury forever. They're managing this. He's been managing it since early in the season and still don't know exactly when it happened, but it's common. It is not that bipartite patella that a lot of people have been speculating. They fixed that a couple of years ago, so it's not that, you know, it doesn't suddenly grow back bipartite the miscus. They want to get him through the season. They've been managing it. He had a hyaluronic acid injection that's basically a lubricant. That's all that is. It's a natural substance. He just put more of it into the joint space and it appears to work a little bit. So what they've been doing is trying to keep him at a level of chronic workload so that he doesn't have to start at zero. He's not going out on a rehab assignment. Can he throw two or three innings? Yes? Could he throw as an opener? Could he throw as a closer? Are they going to have to build him back? I don't think the knee is going to be a problem. I really don't think the biceps issue is going to be a problem. And that's honestly a shoulder issue. You know, if I point here, is that your shoulder or your biceps, biceps tenon goes up into the shoulder. So I don't think that's a problem. I think this is fully a maintenance issue, and they're used to this with him and with god knows how many other players. That's honestly, the one thing that worries me about this is because they have so many players that you know, they're having to maintain. There's only so many man hours of all the things the Dodgers might go spend some money on. How about another athletic trainer, how about another physical therapist, just to add man hours there?
Speaker 2: I think you apply in right here? Is that what we're going for?
Speaker 6: Get a little bit of a oh, I'm not qualified. I'm not qualified. Maybe they just bring Ron Porterfield back short term.
Speaker 1: The thing yet, I've been you know, kind of leading the charge of giving show Hay a little bit more rest or as Dave Roberts would love to say, given him a blow. They keep maintaining this is not something that's going to be further aggravated by you know, pitching or whatever. The niece more so than anything. But it feels to me that if you know, the knee is effected, it's going to affect other things and maybe that's where this biceps issues to come from.
Speaker 2: They've kind of led on to that, like is there what is.
Speaker 1: I don't want to question the organization, but what does it hurt them to give him ten days off in August just to kind of rest him, don't do anything. I mean, he's still running every day, He's still going out there playing baseball, swinging, pushing off of that back knee rather than that left knee, rather.
Speaker 2: Than landing on it.
Speaker 1: Is this something that would benefit him just to get that maybe ten day reset and you have him.
Speaker 2: Healthy for October?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I speculated about that a little bit today in Under the Knife, talking about both Otani and Will Smith when Will Smith comes back, you know that neck is likely going to need a little time off here and there, but the DH slot just isn't available because Otani is good. So if Otani takes a ten day rest and Smith and some others can go in there get sort of that half day off, I think that's a good thing. So is that something that can consider? Yes. The thing to remember here is that the athletic trainers and the doctors have their hands on him. They know exactly what he's dealing with. They've dealt with him however many years now, and doctor Alatrosh even for that when he was with the Angels, did his elbow and some other things, So this is something they understand. If he's at a nine he doesn't need the rest, and he's at a six, then maybe. And I think the pieces and parts are going to depend because you know it is glasnow back at that point, is Snell at that back at that point, is schoobl a Dodger at that point. So there's a lot of things that will factor into that, but I definitely think it's a possibility.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to talk to you about Will You had mentioned Will Smith in the neck and when I think about the neck.
Speaker 4: It just makes me nervous.
Speaker 3: It just really makes me have pause for a variety of reasons. Obviously, what is he dealing with exactly, and is there more concern for this to recur, you know, in the in the future. How careful do you need to be with him?
Speaker 6: I don't think it's too careful. But he's a catcher, so he's gonna get beat up. We understand that he understands that we don't know exactly what this is that Dodgers haven't been, you know, perfectly clear on this. We know it's a neck issue. We know it's not a disc issue. It points to a facet joint, which is kind of this small joint. And if it's not a nerve, and if it's not a disc, then it's just a comfort issue. If he can't turn his head, if he can't take a foul ball off the mask without pain, that's problematic. So I do think that the injections he's had, just simple painkillers, epidurals, those have seemed to have given him some relief they didn't earlier, And those often come in a series of three, and it is not unusual for somebody to not get a lot of relief until the third one. Nobody knows why, but he's gearing up. It looks like he's gonna get back to baseball activities real soon, and that I think he'll go on a really quick rehab assignment. I don't think they need to see five ten games or back to back caught games from him. I think they need to know he's comfortable, that he recovers, and even with that, rushing has been mostly good, a little bit problematic, but mostly good. So they've got depth there.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glasnow is the other guy.
Speaker 1: You know, glass Now and Blake Snell make this team trek Scoogle proof or make it where you don't necessarily need him, and Glassnow has been one.
Speaker 2: It's been a frustrating one. I mean, this back.
Speaker 1: Issue, he's he's a long, lanky dude. Maybe you don't sprain fat, maybe needs to put a couple of pounds on something like that, but this seems like something that you know, finally, you know, we use the adage, you know, stacking good days, as Dodgers said themselves, but he's stacking good days. He's thrown to hitters now and we're on target to see him head out on a rehab assignment potentially next week. What can you tell us about this back issue? And in the same breath, is this one of those things that we could see kind of flare up into October as you know the workload increases.
Speaker 6: Yes, and no, I mean anything can recur. This is a muscle strain rather than you know when you hear backspasms. The scary thing is that ninety percent of the time nobody knows why they just came up. He slept wrong, you turned funny, you did something, you stepped on a rock. You never know what it is, So you're just chasing the symptoms. With this. It's a muscle strain. They've seen it. It heals like any other muscle, and he goes on with life. He's throwing, he's doing well. It's been a slow process, but part of that is the Dodger's context. They haven't needed him. Same with blake'snew blake'snow had the same elbow procedure as as Trek Scoble did. Scooble was back in thirty four days and he could have been back in twenty seven. He was ready to go, and they absolutely forced him to go in that rehab assignment. It was not necessary, and he absolutely made fools of those double A kids. So I guess they can tell their greend kids about that. Snell. It was a roster crunch, and you guys have probably talked about that. He's already ready, he just has to build up. And the fact is he had you know, they he basically got a three month off because they're worried about October. They're not worried at all about August.
Speaker 1: And that's what this team is able to do. Of course, and there have been people in our chat weekly asking is this something particularly Will Smith, where the Dodgers can afford themselves the time or afford those players the time to get extra healthy. I guess you know, nobody's ever going to be one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: It's not only that. As they can afford the extra time, they've got the extra depth. This is a team that understood this going in. If you go back, I had Ron Porterfield, the former Dodgers athletic trainer, on injury territory. Gosh, I think it was back in April, and he acknowledged they knew they brought in guys who were risk they knew they were going to take injuries. They knew they had guys like Clayton Kershaw who weren't going to make it through the season. Even choey Otani, they has a ton of risks. He is amazing, but he's probably never been healthy. What would he be like at full strength? So the Dodgers do this with full knowledge. For like the seventh straight year they lead the league in days loss to injuries. They get it. So, yeah, this is part of the plan more than anything else.
Speaker 3: Well, with Snell, is there any concern of that elbow flaring up or having any sort of issue with scar tissue or anything like that because of the scope? Tell us more about that procedure itself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, there's almost no chance it's going to recur quickly. Now. Bone chips happen for a reason. Sometimes they just happen, you know, bone little pieces of calcium just show up in a joint. Sometimes they chip off. Sometimes it's a bone chip or a bone spur that flakes off. Million different reasons. They're usually it's just if it crunches in that joint. If you can imagine having a joint where little things are in it, it's bad. You don't want that. So with the nano needle. It is literally the size of what you would have blood drawn with, except it does everything that an arthroscope does. They're doing, you know, major surgeries, rotator cuff surgeries. Again, if you go back to injury territory. Right after the surgery, Neil Eltrosh came on and talked about all the different things he was doing, shoulders, knees, ankles. I think that the scope is going to replace mur eyes fairly quickly. Imagine the rams are playing, somebody twists their knee. You go into the medical tent and instead of waiting, you just stick a needle in there and go, Yep, that moniscus is tomre and nore. Nope, the ACL is fine. That's almost literally what it can do today. There's some issues just of cleanliness and infection, so I don't think we're gonna get to that stage quickly, but that's where we are. There is you know, he could have thrown two days after Schooble was throwing three days after the procedure. That's how little problem there was with it. You only wish it had come quicker quick enough that we would be talking about Edwin Diaz scope. I guess it doesn't have quite The branding is the Schooble scope, as Scott Boris tried to make it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I buy in on Schooble scope. I'll pay for that.
Speaker 1: And also I got a lot of random crunchy bits and pieces in the elbow and the shoulders. I'm gonna need one of those scopes and the five thousand dollars copay or whatever on Schooble. Everybody's talking about Trek scouable to the Dodgers. If he's going anywhere, it's going to be to the Dodgers. You know, obviously a lot of teams in the mix. I think he'd be frightening on the Brewers, but that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the misery side of it.
Speaker 1: Should teams have, you know, in the trade market for Terrek, scoople have concerns, have pause over that elbow and more so kind of the declining velocity we've seen over the last handful of starts for him this year and coming back from that the Schooble scope.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not worried about the velocity. I think they mishandled. I think they fumbled his build up as he was coming back. I think they were so worried about holding him back they didn't get him the right spot. So there's a little bit of fatigue. You can see his workload is a little bit high. We don't get to see all the workload, and honestly, we still don't know how to factor in things like sleep and rest and nutrition and things like that. But no, I'm not worried about school at all, And the Dodgers should be less worried about him than anyone because it was Neil Latros who did the surgery. Their own team orthopedist was the one who did it. So he's actually been inside Schoobl's elbow, was able to see the UCL was able to see that flex or repair, was able to see you know, are there going to be more bone chips? Are there areas that are rough inside there? So he knows. Funny thing is he can't really tell them yet until they get to a stage where they trade medical He's got to like wink and nod and you know, he's he's got to be a doctor, so you can't just give away patient stuff. But I imagine he's got you know, little wings and nods that he can give here with other teams, I don't think anybody's terribly worried about it. I talked to a team two days ago about this exact thing. You know, how confident was I in the scope, and it's one hundred percent. This is not a new procedure. It's new for a picture of his caliber, and that he just happened to be the first to have it. I think you always kind of want a star pitcher. You want somebody who's going to succeed so that it looks good. I mean, if it hadn't been Tommy John that had the first one, would it have been as successful. You know, Brent Stroum is as great a pitching coach as he was. Didn't make it back to the major leagues, but he was already a fringy guy, So you know, Brent strong surgery doesn't have quite the same ring I'm not worried about schoobl at all. I don't think most teams are scared of Schooble. And one thing I will say, you know, I heard you talking a lot of about him being a rental, that you don't have the chance to extend him. I'm not sure that's true, and that's just because of the situation we're in with the CBA. If you know it goes to December, Scott Boris already knows who's going to make offers and what it's going to be. I mean, and it's no secret who's got that kind of money, who want that kind of pitchure. But we also know the contract rules are likely to change. I don't think the MLB is going to get the five year thing. But you know, if you're talking a difference between a five hundred million dollar contract that has to be done in November versus a two hundred and twenty five million contract, if you don't hitting the open market, doesn't make a lot of sense. And we know the Dodgers are a team that knows how to, you know, do a little bit of accounting work, a little bit of annuity work and make these things work out for everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, they certainly have the means to do so.
Speaker 3: Did you know that a time John surgery was almost called Bob Appadaca surgery, but it was Tommy John who ended up having it first. Maybe we should call the nano nito procedure the Tarrek Scoble. All right, will Carol, we appreciate you very much. Thank you so much for the insight and everything. Don't forget guys, check out well on his show Injury Territory like it. Subscribe it's on the Foul Territory Network. Well, we'll see you soon.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much, thanks lot, appreciate you will.
Speaker 2: And we've got some more stuff.
Speaker 1: While we're here for just a second, I want to remind folks, you know, help us out here as well. If you're subscribing over there, why not if I can find the right button, subscribe to us here on Dodger's Territory and go a long way helping us.
Speaker 2: Get the twenty thousand subscribers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also while you're at it, you know, buy some merch from us.
Speaker 2: We got the store Dodger's Territory Shop.
Speaker 1: There's also some cool new player branded stuff over on Foul Territories Shop as well. We'll have all those links in the description and know, as a Lona will remind you, the baby is not for sale. We got a little bit more DT coming up. First, some first licks, last links. I remember how the show works.
Speaker 2: I've been here.
Speaker 3: First, last, middle lix all of the licks from Caroline. This is Caroline and guys, she is on a transport right now from Texas, from rural Texas to southern California. That we have an opportunity to get her much more exposure and networker a lot more than where she is right now. She is in a tiny, tiny, tiny Texas town. So we are looking for donations if you can help with that. The transport was two or two and fifty bucks. It is expensive. Rescue is not inexpensive. The good news is Core is also on that same transport. Core, which is Caroline's son, has been adopted. He is going to a family in Montana. They are huge Dodgers fans. They're from southern California. They have adopted several several family members have adopted dogs from Guidry's before. So Core is going to Montana. Caroline is coming to California. She's available for a do option. So if you're interested, I'll reach out. But we can certainly use any any donations as well. Clint, I understand are some super chats.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got some friends here in the show supporting the show.
Speaker 1: Latino slant with the dollar ninety nine saying a lot of rules to let us.
Speaker 2: Know the rule.
Speaker 1: I loved this from Nancy Nancy sent us five bucks. Appreciate Nancy supports us Pickles needs a better chiropractor because of course William Dill's Smith Till.
Speaker 4: But it's a really good nicky.
Speaker 1: That also makes me miss and I really snickered at it during when I saw pop up.
Speaker 2: As will was with us, Carol.
Speaker 1: This also makes me miss. You know the name player Weekends names in the back of.
Speaker 3: The Chersey Oh, yes, that would also be Yeah, that was the I think Kyle's was the best. Kyle Seekers was the best, Cory's brother brother Yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was obviously obviously Dick Mountain for.
Speaker 2: Rich Hill chicken Struck was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Extrap was good. That was really good.
Speaker 1: Four nine nine from also Richid Flores is, I won't be attending Kyle Tucker bobblehead night as I have a spot for him next to my Piazza babblehead. If you know, you know Richard that is his least favorite Dodger of all time, Mike Piazza.
Speaker 2: And these are things everybody needs to know.
Speaker 1: And another one Nancy just coming in hot with another twenty bucks for Caroline from our own special needs dog Betty.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you so much. Nancy, You're the best. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All right, our final baseball thought for the road. Again, this is the last time we'll be doing one of these type shows. I figure there will be a post game tomorrow after Red Sox Dodgers here in LA. But how about a final deadline prediction. You got something that just you know, just just word vomits, something for fun or I can do it.
Speaker 2: First to lead off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go ahead.
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Why not Terrek Scoople, you're going to say that just lower Emmetts. You're getting two for one on the starting pitcher front. I'm not saying they are of the ilk of Trek Schuoble. But with with Emma Chen who the Tigers are said to have an interest in a pitcher with team control. He has good stuff, hasn't been as great this year as maybe we saw him last year.
Speaker 2: But and then you throw in another outfielder.
Speaker 1: Maybe that is Zaire Hope, Maybe that is James Tibbs, a third somebody who's a little more ready to help that club right now can move in the outfield with Riley Green and insert other names in the Tigers.
Speaker 4: You don't think it's tay Oscar.
Speaker 1: No I don't think I think they trust Taoskar when the lights get you know, bright.
Speaker 2: And we talked to Dave.
Speaker 1: I think last August where Tao again was scuffling and I know has them like, hey, you worried about this guy or do you think he's gonna turn on with lights get bright? And you know he Dave buys into the fact.
Speaker 4: That the Hernandez boys like the bright lights.
Speaker 3: There's not every not everybody like can do the one sixty two right, Like there are guys like slow and steady, like the Freddy Freeman's of the world.
Speaker 4: But there are guys like.
Speaker 3: The Keeks, the Taos, the Nick Castianos of the world that like live for that massive, massive moment.
Speaker 4: Takes all kinds, man, he takes all kinds.
Speaker 3: I don't have a I don't have a like block. I don't have like a massive like. Would terror schoogl to l a surprise me? No, would Tark schoogle to.
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: Would Okay, you know what surprised me. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but Tarrek's schooble to the Brewers would surprise me. They could use they could they could use him they could use him, because that would be quite the form, and so could so could the race, and that could be that could be like the C. C. Sabbathia Brewers thing that they did a few years back. By the way, I ran the friggin' sausage race that day, and I got my ass kicked. I got smoked.
Speaker 4: Yet, Oh how dare you you know?
Speaker 3: Of the reason is because it's like people are like, it feels like a person standing on your shoulders, those halts are flipping heavy and you cannot see out of peripheral.
Speaker 4: It's just straight on.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's a story for another time. But I'm gonna say Terrek Scoogle to the Brewers would be like whoa yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've seen the Brewers do it a long long time ago. But it says C. C.
Speaker 1: Sabbathia levels of acquisition written all over it, and that would be Terrek Scoogle chickop miserowski. You get a healthy Kyle Harrison back. It's a type of rotation. I'm sorry people are gonna possibly flame me about it, but type of rotation that can beat the Dodgers in a postseason.
Speaker 4: Series, in a five season and a five game series.
Speaker 1: Even a seven game that the Brewers issue with the Dodgers has always been the dog. They can't beat the Dodgers in a seventh game series. They can't outlast a seven game series.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: There's nothing more evident than the twenty eighteen NLCS.
Speaker 2: They couldn't. They didn't have enough to beat the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah Scooble twice in a series or Miserowski twice in a series.
Speaker 2: It's scary.
Speaker 1: Andrew said he won't trade, he won't acquire somebody just to keep them away from another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so do better. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun or boring either way. We're here for it. Guys, at that like button subscribe to the channel, We would appreciate it. We're back with Katie in some capacity.
Speaker 1: Obviously things are busy for her as well, but she will be around through the al Star or trade deadline on the next one.
Speaker 4: Bye, see you guys. Bye,