Speaker 1: It's breaking Jeffrey in the morning, and we got a brand new Second Date update for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing only because we just spent two minutes off air trying to figure out the word breaking point.
Speaker 2: No, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Deal breaker, Yeah, deal breaker because one of our listeners deal breakers today is intense.
Speaker 2: It's an intense thing.
Speaker 1: And I know we're going to get a ton of comments about this woman and what she's giving up all because of one simple thing. Oh yeah, God, you're gonna hear it in just a second. But what are some of the comments you're seeing right now, Alexis Yeah, Rosie said, I've been listening since like twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: I love you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Also, I love my spouse that I'm out on Plenty of Fish fifteen years ago. Yeah, yeah, well we were making fun of Plenty of Fish last week. Yeah, but I loved it where people met if it was like a weird place fifteen years ago, I think Plenty of Fish was kind of like hot, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it all right, liz It. Thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 1: Subscribe and follow, and you're new Second Date update starts right now.
Speaker 3: Second date updated?
Speaker 4: Why do women ghost after showing very high interest early on? Like we're talking two weeks of NonStop flirty talk and genuine planning of your futures together, and then suddenly one day Nope, actually never mind, she's completely over you and doesn't want to talk to you anymore.
Speaker 2: Got the ig.
Speaker 4: Alexis is that? The reason? Is that why someone would do that?
Speaker 2: You found something bad about you? I was taking online.
Speaker 4: Research, some incriminating like family information one.
Speaker 2: I mean, who knows? Rap she? You can't find anything? Yeah, I mean, if it's Alexis, it's just a photo taken in bad light. Yeah, post it online?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, that's one possibility. Is it also possible that maybe you built up a lofty idea of who the guy was in your mind, and then when you actually met him and got to know him, reality didn't even get close to your expectations.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Do girls build up us guys like that?
Speaker 1: Maybe jaxad the guy thought she liked him for two weeks, and that's possible.
Speaker 4: Well, one of our listeners chatted with a girl every night for almost two weeks. Then they met up and things just stopped. So now he's here.
Speaker 1: Maybe she was overwhelmed because she was so in love with you and she isn't processing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can lie to the listeners.
Speaker 4: Now, let's welcome into the show. Though. Hey Brad, how you doing? Man?
Speaker 1: Hey guys, dude, bunny, that is an investment. Two weeks of every day, like, actually, phone conversations are texts.
Speaker 5: We did it all. We did phone, we did text, we did face times, we did everything.
Speaker 2: Wow, she'd even seen you before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you only had one meet up with this woman? What was her name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Megan? And I know she saw what I look like on the face time, so she knows that I look like my photos.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say this, but like most of the time people are dating around. Is it possible she was talking to somebody else?
Speaker 5: I understand when you're first talking to somebody, you could be dating someone else or talking to someone else. But we had such long, deep conversations we go on.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you guys connected on such a level.
Speaker 5: Right. Yeah, Well, listen to what she told me one night. She goes, I could see myself growing old with you.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh my god, that's almost too much, man, well, I've said that to my masseuse before. Is that not appropriate? I could do this until I die.
Speaker 2: But you liked that because you were on the same page with her. That didn't freak out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the thing. It didn't freak me out because I kept feeling like I was falling for her before we even met up.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, it's only weird when you're not on the same page and in two weeks like this is great, and you're on the same page, then it is great. But you sound like you're one hundred percent in on her before you even met her.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. I started telling all my friends about her. I told my sister about her.
Speaker 4: Got you a mat or?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I have like a ninety year old barber that I told about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I bet you were so nervous for your guys' first meetup right in person.
Speaker 5: You know what. I wasn't nervous because we had such a good connection. Okay, I kind of felt like there's only one way to go.
Speaker 4: Sure, But see that goes back to what I was saying earlier about how it could be a little bit dangerous now that you've put up these lofty expectations for how much you're going to connect when you actually meet in person.
Speaker 2: But where's that risk, right, Like with great risk comes great reward, you know that?
Speaker 4: Or great letdown in this time?
Speaker 2: That's the risk part of that sentence.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess it's just going to depend because I thought the date itself went really really well.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go through. What did you do for the date? We went to out back okay, staying up in lofty? I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The only thing I can think of that maybe with the stupid thing to say or do I don't know, is as we're walking into the restaurant, there's this old mattress out behind it, next to the dumpster, and I looked at it and I said, maybe I should just bring that home because I need a new one. Oh he actually she actually.
Speaker 4: Laughed, Yeah, but do you actually need the mattress or is that Jeff? He was kidding?
Speaker 2: And then she saw him strapping it to the roof of.
Speaker 1: The Okay, so she laughed, he said, she laughed great.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I actually led into a conversation about what kind of dream house we would get if we ever had one.
Speaker 4: All the alley mattresses that one home could handle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not like me, like I don't rush into relationships. I just it felt right, you.
Speaker 2: Know that feeling. It just feels like comfort, like home. You know.
Speaker 5: It felt like we'd known each other for years already. Wow, like we were doing that thing you know, where you're sitting at the table and you make little excuses to sort of brush up against the other person.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's really what it's like to be with somebody for a long time. You kind of are each other's nerves by that. Don't touch my shoulder. Yeah, you skipped right past the honeymoon phase into twenty years of marriage. Yeah, that's also.
Speaker 5: Good, right, like well the chemist, it felt amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, if it feels good for you, that's awesome. How did the night end?
Speaker 5: Well, the kiss In my mind, I pictured it longer, but we did kiss. Yeah, And I told her I wanted to see her again, and she said definitely.
Speaker 2: Said definitely, okay.
Speaker 5: And now she's not answering anything weird.
Speaker 2: How long has it been since the date.
Speaker 6: It's been six days, six which feels.
Speaker 2: Like an eternity.
Speaker 1: When you talked every day, multiple times a day for two weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you built your dream house together with each other in your minds. I mean basically, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Say, and you told your ninety year old barber, I mean you can't that he is going to be disappointed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know he's got he's got a lot writing on this.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we cannot give your barber bad news. So we're going to come back, get you your second date update and hopefully and on a positive note coming up right after this.
Speaker 3: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 4: No pressure, but true love is on the line today for our listener Brad, because he met a girl online. They texted, they called each other, facetimed even for hours and hours on end, and got to the point where they were literally planning out their future dream home together, complete with roadside mattresses. And it's not just him who feels that way, he told us. Megan brought up I could see myself growing old with you. Those were her words. So clearly they were both drinking from the same that of love juice. But one dinner date whatever is in there. One dinner date though at the outback, and everything is changed. So I feel like we say that all the time. Yeah, nobody's the same after, but especially not Brad. He's trying to figure out what happened, what changed, because she is totally ignoring him. Now, Brook, you're sticking with the he's too sexy and emotionally mature angle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's overwhelmed and doesn't know how to handle it. And right now she's just talking to her therapist about letting go of her old baggage and thoughts and moving forward into the future.
Speaker 4: Yes, she wants to be the perfect woman to fit your perfect man.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what I'm hoping for anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, sounds good. Yeah, that's great. Yeah, I'm sure that's what she's gonna say when we call her right now.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with a dumpster mattress at all.
Speaker 5: I would hope not. I hope she knows I'm joking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've read him.
Speaker 6: Question.
Speaker 4: You said you had a quick kiss, like really quick. Did you eat bloomin onions? Onion breathing?
Speaker 5: We ate a bunch of different stuff. If her breath smelled like twenty bloomin onions wouldn't have mattered. I feel Oh.
Speaker 2: That is so sweet.
Speaker 1: He would kiss her if she had hot bres really cute.
Speaker 4: If Brooke thinks it's cute. That's how you know you're doomed. So let's just call Hopefully it's not the breath thing, but brooking her husband just eating raw onions, Like, oh honey, hey, if you do.
Speaker 2: It together, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's eject from this as quickly as possible. I'm down on you right now.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Megan?
Speaker 6: Yeah, calm down, Brook.
Speaker 4: This is a radio show that you're on right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Hi, good morning, so happy.
Speaker 6: Yes, what is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is a segment that we do, a dating segment called Second Date Update, where we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone and afterwards they're not getting a call back or no chance for a second meetup. We try to help them figure out why. Oh okay, I know you're probably expecting some prizes or whatever, but.
Speaker 2: I think this is even cooler than a prize. Yeah, like, could be a chance. I don't know, a relationship for love depends on a prize.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good. So this is a guy, a listener of ours that you went out with named Brad.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, okay, yeah, I mean like oh wow, or like, oh, I don't even want to talk about this. I mean, really, I mean.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you two are so invested in each other.
Speaker 4: We've heard a lot from Brad about you, and he said that it's been six days since your date, but it's kind of felt like a lifetime to him, because I mean that's how strong the connection was. We've heard a lot of people going on normal dates before on the show, but the way he described your connection and your kind of journey together, he put a lot of hope into this, and he's felt kind of devastated that you've stepped back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was pretty devastated him.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Well can we ask, like what caused that change in feeling towards him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we were talking about the future and everything was good, and then we met up and it started off right, it was fun, it was sweet, and then he said something that was just so off pudding.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like pudding, off putting jezz Okay, oh my god, Like immediately you had.
Speaker 2: To reaction as soon as he said this.
Speaker 6: I mean at first I thought it was a joke and then I realized he was serious.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it's not about the street mattress thing, is it? He wants to design a dream home or on a stained mattress.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it was when we were eating.
Speaker 6: We had a lot of stuff to eat, and I said that I make the best blooming onion in my air fryer. Oh wow, And he laughed at me.
Speaker 4: He laughed at you.
Speaker 6: He laughed at me, and he said that air fryers are a scam.
Speaker 2: I mean, they are just convection ovens.
Speaker 4: But right, wait, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Oh? He said, it's just a loud toaster.
Speaker 1: Oh that's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like the George Forman Grille of today. Like everybody's buying them. Everybody's got to have him.
Speaker 4: But she said, but she said he wasn't joking, that he was serious.
Speaker 6: He was serious.
Speaker 2: What he was that passionate about air friers?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well maybe I was passionate about it and he wasn't. But he said he just didn't believe in them. And that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, So his comment about air friers being a scam for you, that completely shifted how you saw him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in that moment, I was like, Nope, I don't see my future husband.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh wow, not the trash mattress.
Speaker 6: We were joking about that. He was dead serious about this.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is such a hard take.
Speaker 4: That is weird. It seems like that's where she draws the line, like you can come after whatever else, but don't cross me in my air frier.
Speaker 2: No I actually met him. Oh say in the airfriars were a belief system.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you never discussed it with him and told him how it made you feel.
Speaker 6: I mean, he was so serious, he was just digging in. I just sat back and crossed him off my list.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, wow. Well I can still sense a little bit of pent up frustration that you have towards Brad even thinking about it, and if you wanted to unload on him, just saying, now's your chance, because he's on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Are you serious? I don't want to talk about this anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he wants to say something about it this. Yeah, me too, Brad, are you there?
Speaker 5: Hey, Megan, I had no idea you were so bothered by those comments.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean you were so serious. I mean, what are you going to stick fries in the microwaves.
Speaker 5: I mean, you have an oven, you can put things in the oven.
Speaker 6: You're sounding like a lunatic right now, Brad, in an oven.
Speaker 4: You're great.
Speaker 5: Brad, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what to say, because I mean, our connection I thought was so strong and I can't imagine that something as simple as my feelings about an air fryer have changed your optimism about where a relationship could go.
Speaker 6: I mean, I use it every single day. My friend use it every single day. I mean it's like the best invention. I mean, this guy like, wait, he doesn't understand how great it is.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's like an invitation to teach you bring him to.
Speaker 2: The air fire side.
Speaker 4: Brad, do you see how like you've clearly touched a nerve for her. It's not like you've just made a funny joke about air frers. You've attacked her life.
Speaker 5: I'm just so shocked. Guys, I thought you were in the hospital because things were going so well.
Speaker 6: You almost put me in the hospital with your comments about that, and that is so dramatic.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't even sound like Brad really cares about air fryers that much, right, Brad.
Speaker 5: I don't believe in them, but who cares? Like, I'm not gonna let it get in the middle of a potential great re relationship.
Speaker 4: Clearly, it's an important touching point for Megan that you value it because that's how she eats all of her meals. She wants in the air fryer.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you don't believe in air fryers, what's next? Seasonal candles, fitted sheets, marinating things overnight?
Speaker 4: You do not believe in fitted sheets, bread?
Speaker 2: It's your dream home? Okay.
Speaker 1: I think we're putting a little too much emphasis on one kitchen appliance.
Speaker 5: I mean, go buy an easy bake oven. I don't care whatever.
Speaker 6: You guys are laughing at me, but it's it's a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: He said you can use your air. He doesn't care if you use an air fryer.
Speaker 4: I mean, but he also is like, I don't believe in them. At the same time, he.
Speaker 2: Hasn't had her bluemann onion. You know he may change his mind.
Speaker 6: You think he's getting invited over to try any of my foods. That chance.
Speaker 4: Doesn't deserve it. You'll never taste her blooming on you in there, Brad.
Speaker 2: Sounds like.
Speaker 4: It is in a way. Well, we went from the most romantic story of all time to air frars burning down a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's pretty simple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and quick too, under fifteen minutes. They're so efficient.
Speaker 6: I can't believe I actually imagine myself growing old with you. You're clearly gonna die young from the way you're eating.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that was dark.
Speaker 5: I mean, I gotta be honest. If this is the thing that is your deal breaker in a relationship, dying young, I'm gonna be getting out easy.
Speaker 4: Oh should we keep the disses going for another few minutes or should we just call it here? Okay, we're gonna call it anyway.
Speaker 3: Brook Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man, I need to be a better host, I think, just in general, particularly for this second date.
Speaker 2: Updated don't comment.
Speaker 4: I know it's true because we kind of got sidetracked on air fryer burns and kind of jokes and put downs. I never tried to reconnect those two back to their original feelings for each other and what they liked about each other. I was just sitting back and joining the show, eating popcorn, not being a good host.
Speaker 1: I feel like I tried to create some middle ground, at least on the air Frier front, and there was no middle ground to reach.
Speaker 2: It wasn't gonna work. It's so weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, she just wrote him off in that moment and would never change her mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I actually was kind of shocked that you don't own an air frier, brook I thought that you were one of the air friers Stands.
Speaker 2: I hate kitchen gadgets. It's like a thing for me.
Speaker 4: Brooks, Like, let's just put it over an open fire in a trash can and.
Speaker 1: Call it a day, like a nineties where everyone had like food dehydrators.
Speaker 2: You'd realize what it's a dumb mistake.
Speaker 4: I am glad.
Speaker 2: Seriously, how many banana chips can you make?
Speaker 4: But if you want help from our show, I promise Brooks willing to help you. It might not sound like it. Okay, safe here.
Speaker 2: You're the one that was apologizing, not me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am the bad host. Brooke is the good one, and hopefully she can help get you a second date. I mean it, Brooks the good one.
Speaker 3: We're all doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reach out to us, email us. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.