Speaker 1: And I've been saying that for twenty years. Very simply, Iran cannot have a new clear weapon. I can't say that right. You don't seriously think I'm going to answer that question that means I've had it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've had it.
Speaker 1: I give up no more. Who're not looking for a ceasefire, We're looking for a total, complete victory.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine percent of adults agree on that they agree with Donald Trump Ron can not get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben ferguson.
Speaker 4: Good Thursday morning. So nice to have you with us on the forty seven Morning Update, and we have a lot to talk about this morning, including the latest rhetoric from the President United States of America about a real possibility that the US may get involved in airstrikes on Iran nuclear facilities. We'll have Donald Trump's words for you on that in a moment. We're also going to talk about Democrats who are now siding with the President as well and what they are saying. And finally, there's a big myth that there's a big divide within the conservative movement over what to do with Iran. New polling numbers also show that is a lie. In fact, the majority of conservatives stand overwhelmingly with Donald Trump. It's the forty seven Morning Update and it starts right.
Speaker 3: Now, story number one.
Speaker 4: We're getting new breaking news and this is moving very quickly with what's happening between Iran, Israel, and now the United States of America. With a new statement that has just come out from Donald Trump saying, quote, we don't want a long term war with Iran. President Donald Trump making it clear that the administration is not looking for long term war. In a second statement, Trump addressing concerns among members of the Make America Gritagan base that the United States would be pulled into a quote long term war while filling a question from the media, Take a listen to his own words outside of the White House.
Speaker 5: Some of the people in the base don't want a long term war. They're afraid that we're going to get into a long term We're looking for a long term We're looking to Earth. It's only I only want one thing. Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm not looking long term for him. And I've been saying that for twenty years. I've been saying that this is a civilian who got a lot of publicity. People would cover it very simply. Iran cannot have a nuclear weapons. It's not a question of anything else. And if you did, you wouldn't have much of a country because they would use it on us, and would use it on other people.
Speaker 4: And they'd be a terror all over the world. We're not looking for long term more. I only want one thing. Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. That is it. Very simply, he said in another interview, Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. It's not a question of anything else. And if you did, you wouldn't have much of a country because they would use it on us and use it on other people, and they'd be a tear all over the world. Trump notally tweeted back in twenty eleven, before he even enter the political world, that quote, I Ran cannot have a nuclear weapon and has been firm in it stands throughout his political career and his presidential campaign in twenty twenty four. If you go back to the doctrine of Donald Trump, look at November fourth, two thousand eleven, his exact tweet. Iran's quest for nuclear weapons is a major threat to our nation's national security interests. We cannot allow Ran to go nuclear. That was before he was running for any office. In fact, that's actually when he was a Democrat. Trump notably gave Iran a sixty day deadline that expired on Thursday, June twelfth to make a deal to end its nuclear program, and then on Friday, Israel began striking Iranian nuclear sites, military leaders, and refineries. Trump declared Tuesday, quote, we have complete and total control of the skies of Iran and revealed his team new the exact location of the leader of Iran. When asked Wednesday if the US was moving closer to striking Iranian nuclear sites, here is what Trump said about that, about.
Speaker 6: Whether you are moving closer? You believe the US is moving closer to striking Iranian nuclear facilities?
Speaker 5: Where's your mindset on that?
Speaker 1: I can't say that, right. You don't seriously think I'm going to answer that. Quay, will you strike the Iranian nuclear component? And what time exactly?
Speaker 4: Sir sir?
Speaker 1: Would you strike it? Would you please inform us so we can be there and watch. I mean, you don't know that I'm going to even do it. You don't know. I may do it, I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do. I can tell you this that Aram's got a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate. And I said, what didn't you negotiate with me before all this death and destruction? Why int you nego? I said the people, why didn't you negotiate with me two weeks ago? You could have done fine. You would have had a country. It's very sad to watch this. I mean, I've never said anything like it, so you neveryone thought it was going to be the reverse. I didn't think so. And they're telling him you got to you got to do something, You got to negotiate. And at the end, last minute, they said, no, we're not going to do that, and they got hit. Remember sixty days, And then came the sixty sixty one is going to become a very famous number. That was one hell of a hit, that first hit. That was one hell of a hit. Not sustainable, to be honest. That's where it ended. It ended on the first night. Yes, too late, though.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's too late to now?
Speaker 1: Really, nothing's too late.
Speaker 4: President Trump making it clear this is something that is on the table which brings us to the latest breaking news and what is being reported just a moment ago on Fox News Channel that Donald Trump has in fact approved attack plans against Iran.
Speaker 7: Fox Who's alert the Iatola has gone into hiding. He's believed to be holed up inside an underground bunker northeast of the Capitol. This is a different kind of Iranian hostage crisis. Komane can hide, but he can't run. For the past twenty four hours, Israel's been attacking the area around his underground layer, but Kamane still talking tough. Says Iran will not surrender to anyone, and is warning that if America joins the fight and strikes, it'll result in irreparable damage to the United States. Is he bluffing, We don't know. Iranian proxies, which have been severely degraded, are threatening to commit acts of terror against American troops and American ships in the region, and American businesses are now bracing for cyber attacks. Trump says, good luck with that. We won't be bullied.
Speaker 5: I was the hunted and now I'm the hunter. It's a big difference.
Speaker 6: That means I've had it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've had it.
Speaker 1: I give up no more, then we go blow up all and you know, all the nuclear stuff that's all over the place. Then now they had bad intentions, you know the for forty years they've been saying death to American, death to Israel, and death to anybody else that they didn't like. They were bullies. They were schoolyard bullies. And now they're not bullies anymore.
Speaker 7: Trump's been meeting in the situation room with his National Security team Head of Central Command, Army General Eric Carilla, they call them the Gorilla has been instrumental in the war planning the Pentagons, sending in their new state of the art supercarrier, the USS Gerald Ford, and amassing a tremendous amount of assets in the area. Today, Trump had lunch with Pakistan's army chief. Pakistan borders Iran. Seems like something's about to happen. And this is just breaking. The Wall Street journal is reporting Trump privately approved attack plans against Iran. Now we don't know what these plans entail, but we're told they include US air strikes. Unsure if that includes bunker Busters. Remember, the latest version of the bunker Buster has never been used on the battlefield. It's only been tested Axios reports that Trump has been quizzing as generals. Are they sure if he uses them they'll be one hundred percent effective? The generals say yes, but Trump's not completely convinced. Caroline Levitt says all options remain on the table. Trump's been waiting on giving the final order, seeing if the Iranians give up and surrender their new program peacefully. Sources in DC say Trump's out of patience and Iran's up against the clock.
Speaker 3: I believe that unlesser On surrenders in the next forty eight hours, the United States, in conjunction with Israel, will engage in military action.
Speaker 7: Trump says the Iranians want to fly all the way to the White House to negotiate an end to this, but he says it's too late. He doesn't appear to be open to long drawn out negotiations where he gets strung along like last time.
Speaker 1: We're not looking for a ceasefire. We're looking for a total, complete victory.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: You know what the victory is no nuclear weapon.
Speaker 7: Trump's made a decision. Iran's nuclear program is gone. The person who ultimately decides that is the Isatola. He can either let us do it peacefully or we'll do it violently.
Speaker 2: But either way, the.
Speaker 7: Outcome of this war is this, the Iranians will never be able to acquire a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: Now, the second part of this story is this, will the supreme leader of Iran come to the negotiating table and actually stop the nuclear program. They may be wanting to send people to the White House, but here's what the actual Iatoa says. He has a stark warning directed both at the US and Israel. In fact, he declared today the battle begins, stating there would be quote no mercy for the terrorist Zionis regime of Israel. He also criticized the US President trump calls for Iran's unconincial surrender, asserting that Iran will never quote unquote surrender and that any US military action would cause irreparable damage. Iran's you An ambassador echoed that any direct US involvement alongside Israel would trigger their own firm response. Iradian Foreign Ministry spokesman went further, warning the US intervention could spark an all out war across the entire region. Now, let me say one other thing that's very interesting about all this is what's happening within the Democratic Party. Many Democrats are staying silent on this, but some are willing to stand up and stand on the issue, actually backing Donald Trump and saying we need to go even further. Insert Democratic Senator John Fetterman. Here's what he had to say on Fox News Channel with Bill Hemmer.
Speaker 7: Say, show no mercy and if you have to take the supreme leader out, do it?
Speaker 1: Explain your position now.
Speaker 6: Sir, Yeah, yeah, I think they should have targeted him, absolutely gone taking them out. I think the way Israel operates, they just take out the leadership, just like they did with Hesbola, and they've already done that with the Iranian leadership, just took them out even laying in their beds, and they didn't take down the whole building. They actually targeted where they lay in bed. And now they eliminated the military ones and the nuclear ones. That's magnificent and the precision which they've done that. And I don't know why they would have left the leader out.
Speaker 7: What comes after that if that reality were to take place?
Speaker 6: Senator Well, I think the reality is is that that you have a nation that just is in a position where they have to be held accountable for what they've done. They are the ones that built and created the proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah and put our whole region in this kind of chaos, And now they clearly have nuclear ambitions, and now I think it's entirely I'm not sure if I might have been the only one constantly calling them to just take this facility out and to use the B two and those gigantic bunker buster ones and partner up with Israel what they've.
Speaker 4: Done, Fetterman saying, I call on Israel to eliminate the Supreme leader without mercy. So that brings us to the latest point where we are now. Is there a very good chance that Donald Trump could in fact order that we attack Iran's nuclear sites with those bunker busting bombs. The answer is yes. Would there be bipartisan support, clearly? John Fetterman says he will join others in the Republican Party advocating for this, Which brings me to my final point, what are the American people think about the president stands? Well? Apparently in new polling, America stands overwhelmingly with Donald Trump and Israel by staggeringly large numbers. Nearly seventy percent of Americans say US air strikes to stop Iran's nuclear ambitions are appropriate, and the best part about it is who had to report it, CNN. Listen carefully, and.
Speaker 2: Overall, I feel like there's more support for Donald Trump's positions than is comically acknowledged opposer Ran getting a nuclear weapon. I mean, look at this, Seventy nine percent of adults agree on that they agree with Donald Trump. Ron cannot get a nuclear weapon, eighty three percent of Republicans, seventy nine percent of Independence, seventy nine percent of Democrats. When you got seventy nine percent of Doday, Democrats and eighty three percent of Republicans agreeing on anything, you know that that position is the very clear majority in this country. And so the American public is with Donald Trump. They definitely opposed in Ron getting nuclear weapons. So this is a nuance here. But you know Trump and Ntiniajoe both arguing that iron is close to being capable of making a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 6: If that is the case, what is the feeling of Americans.
Speaker 2: As to whether the United States should get.
Speaker 7: Involved in this conflict?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: If you buy Donald Trump's theory of the case. And I think that's important to note. This is polling from April for Ranch trying to make a nuclear weapon. Look at this overall, you get the slight plurality, I mean it's within the margin amber, but the slight plurality of Americans actually favor US air strikes compared to forty seven percent opposing it. Now here's the other Nuggetill note right, there's been a lot of talk online and on social media and in podcasts of a divide within the Republican ranks, but here on this question if Ranch trying to make a nuclear weapon, look at that sixty nine percent of Republicans. The clear vast majority of Republicans favor US air strikes on run on their nuclear facilities.
Speaker 4: No doubt President Trump as a support of the American people in overwhelming and staggering numbers. And for anyone out there that's trying to tell you there's some massive divide within MAGA country, they're just wrong. Basically, seventy percent of the GOP favor US air strikes. This is a major number on such a quote controversial issue. So there may actually be just propaganda's out there, just like Tucker Carlson, who are trying to act like there's some big divide when clearly the Republican Party is standing with Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson. Please make sure you hit subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now and for more in depth news, also subscribe to the Ben Ferguson podcast and we will see you back here tomorrow