Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys As now here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And here we are. Do we call this a victory Monday?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely, yes, there we.
Speaker 3: Go stampeding in two Eagles week here Mick shots, And as I like to say, when Bill's missing three out of four ain't bad. Bill's trying to save his voice. I heard him last night on his a CBS eleven newscast and it was a little rough.
Speaker 2: Love it so he still did the god mo.
Speaker 3: But he did it. He got through, and I was thinking, golly, sounds better.
Speaker 4: Better than last Friday. Yeah, he was having a tough time.
Speaker 3: So you've got Mickey, Savannah and Everson on this glorious Monday.
Speaker 2: Beautiful Star, beautiful day.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately, or fortunately I should say, we're in the SWBC Mortgage studio at the Star, and I think we got a little victory Monday. There after, finally the Eagles lost a game, got beat by San Francisco forty two nineteen on the I guess it was the late game. It seemed like it was a night It seemed like.
Speaker 2: Right into the night, right, Yeah, all.
Speaker 3: All night long? Did everybody watch it to the end?
Speaker 5: Yes, there are a bunch of penalties, though I didn't see lots of flags flying around. You think that was an over compensation for it.
Speaker 3: Well, there should have been. There should have been one in that evening game. I don't know if you watched the Packers Chiefs game.
Speaker 4: I watched a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, A little bit you didn't watch was at a Christmas party.
Speaker 3: The Packers cornerback or safety just mugged the Chief's receiver at about the I can't remember if it was the end zone or about the five or ten yard line, jumped on his back, had his arm around his neck, and knocked the ball out with his other arm. Yeah, good play, no penalty, Wow, and Chie's getting no respect. Pat Patrick Mahomes said, well, you know we got there is what it is. But i'd either of them let us play then call every little thing. And I'm going I understand that.
Speaker 5: But he has always been benefited from PI calls. Right as a quarterback, he has always benefited from that. I'm surprised. Maybe it's because they don't respect the roster anymore. You know, they had a hell of a roster when he was getting all the calls. Now, all of a sudden, receiver's cat get open. You know, he's looking human. Yeah, And you know, to me, Patrick Holme is the only quarterback and that's including my man Dak he is the only quarterback to me that can win a game by himself.
Speaker 3: Well, he couldn't last night.
Speaker 2: Not last night.
Speaker 3: He got loved death about that Packers winning that game. But going back to the San Francisco Eagles game, so you know, the Eagles, you know, been teetering on a loss for three weeks in a row, and they finally lost one, which means the Eagles are now in first place in the NFC East at ten and two. The Cowboys are second at nine and three, And we finally get the game we were looking for coming this Sunday, America is looking at a stadium. The Cowboys, with their four game winning streak, have an opportunity now if they can beat the Eagles and tie for first place in the NFC East with four games to go. But again they got to take care of their own business. Somebody finally kind of helped them out. And San Francisco did a number on the Eagles last night, and I was just kind of wondering what your guy's thoughts were on how San Francisco dealt with the Eagles in that game.
Speaker 4: My first thought is Deebo, Samuel.
Speaker 3: There you go, my man, Debo.
Speaker 4: He was a beast for the forty nine ers yesterday, he really was. And Brock party phenomenal yesterday.
Speaker 3: Another near perfect performance. I think his quarterback rating ended up one forty eight, but Deebo four catches for one hundred and sixteen yards, including the forty eight yard er, two touchdowns, and he had three carries for forty two for twenty two yards and a touchdown, so he was almost single handedly the difference in that game.
Speaker 5: Well, he's still upset about the playoff game, Cherryos, and he was talking trash after that game, you know, because he knew that they were handicapped because of the.
Speaker 3: They ran the quarterbacks can actually throw the.
Speaker 2: Ball, So he's been seething to get it at this game.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's been talking noise ever since the end of that championship game. So he was finally able to come through and put his money where his mouth was.
Speaker 4: Okay, what did you guys think about the Dom, head of security for.
Speaker 2: Big Doll and everybody know him? Does everyone know him?
Speaker 3: I think first time?
Speaker 2: Like I never heard of the guy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's I guess he's known in Philadelphia Big Dob Desandro.
Speaker 4: The standing ovation from the crowd was.
Speaker 2: So so why did why did he get ejected? Well?
Speaker 3: Did you see it?
Speaker 2: I saw it? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he didn't do much because he was breaking up the players and he kind of got himself involved in it.
Speaker 2: That's the only way you're going to do your job.
Speaker 3: You got But I don't think everybody as a security guy in the sideline to break up anything that's going on on the field.
Speaker 2: Well that was really on the sideline at that point, yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was, but it was still part of the field.
Speaker 2: So wait, how do you Okay? Okay, So.
Speaker 3: Here's the part what they left off is that Okay, the thing spilled into the sideline Ante Smith and Dre Greenlaw. Okay, and the first thing I saw was there there John and Big Dom takes his hand and puts it in the chest of green Law like to back him off, and green Law took.
Speaker 2: It because green Law request but.
Speaker 3: He but he but he took exception to it and then reached out and his hand kind of got in Big Dom's face, right, So he gets fifteen Yeah a finger, yeah, just brief could from the angle, but it was a finger barely, yeah, And so he gets fifteen yards for that. Well, he got fifteen yards for the tackle right that that, but he got kicked out for the other part.
Speaker 2: And I don't think either one should have gotten kicked.
Speaker 3: And then they kicked Dob out to a standing ovation. Leave it to a big, burly Italian guy to get a standing ovation in Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: But he didn't. He didn't do any I mean, only did was his job. He didn't really mouth off at Greenlaw at all because, like I said, Greenlaw was pressing him and he's like, yo, man, get back, you know, he was trying to and green Law was pressing, so he had to press back.
Speaker 3: But I think there was some exchange in there too that.
Speaker 2: He didn't say much either.
Speaker 3: Well we couldn't hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he must be.
Speaker 3: The official saw some because he seemed.
Speaker 2: To be pretty uh, you know, even keeled on the whole thing. I thought. I was very surprising. I was very surprising.
Speaker 5: Well, but I think both of them should have stayed in It's no big deal.
Speaker 3: Well, but it was almost comic relief in a very tightly contested game.
Speaker 2: That they thought that was gonna inspire.
Speaker 3: It, and they went and scored it.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately I didn't inspire their defense.
Speaker 3: I think the forty nine ers ended up scoring three consecutions. They scored touchdowns on six consecutive possessions, six after he fell behind six to nothing.
Speaker 2: That's let you know how we should have beaten.
Speaker 3: And crappy weather is Philly.
Speaker 2: You should have beaten there right in Philly.
Speaker 3: With the exception of those two plays, it might have looked that way, right right, that's right. So here's what other than that. And I just kind of laughed at it because it just Shanahan didn't think it was too funny to have his guy thrown out because of that. Well, forty nine ers ran the ball twenty eight times for one hundred and forty six yards against that Eagles defense.
Speaker 2: That's Deebo and McCaffrey.
Speaker 3: Debo had twenty two and McCaffrey had ninety three and Mitchell thirteen more and some guy named Mason two for ten, so but they ended up with one hundred and forty six yards five point two yards of carry. That's what really stuck out to me, other than what you said about Perty with a one forty eight eight quarterback rating, and that's coming off of it was either the last game of the game before when he had a perfect one fifty eight three. So yeah, he was awfully good. And San Francisco, I mean six consecutive possessions with a touchdown. That to me was remarkable.
Speaker 2: McCaffrey is old school.
Speaker 5: The way he runs the ball, the way he follows his blocking, and trust me, he's able to make the moves that he makes because you have a man on a man. But the way he's able to pick the right spots, the way he's able to set up his blocks. You hadn't seen running like that in a long time. I mean, you used to see that all the time with Dorset. You know, we saw his speed, but we never really respected how Dorset used his blockers to his advantage. McCaffrey is a guy. You just don't see running backs doing that these days. Kamara used to do it with the Saints.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 5: That's the way Christian McCaffrey is running the ball right now. He's not like he's not special to where if he doesn't have any room, then he's gonna make room.
Speaker 2: That's not how he does it.
Speaker 5: He reads his blocks perfectly and his footwork within space. It reminds you of Aaron Rodgers when he's in the pocket. You know, you wonder how he's able to slip here, slip there and operate in small space. McCaffrey is a running back that does that, and you just don't see that anymore in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to do that. They just showed the interference call that they didn't call. I don't know if this is the player. It's no, it already that was the last player. It was the play before. They just they just showed it. And that got a little shove there on eighty seven. But that's just hail mary, right.
Speaker 2: That looked like wrestling right there.
Speaker 3: But you know what, the way you described that, he runs like he's on a conveyor bel He just comes slides right through everything. And there's a lot of congestion too, and it's not like he's physically bumping off of people.
Speaker 5: He just slithers, he's moving, he's moving his way through. Yeah, you know, slithering his way in and out. And it's like I said, the footwork is amazing. When we saw one play, well, he hurdled a guy in space. You know, he just he hurdled right.
Speaker 2: Over the guy. I mean to be able to do that.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't just one of those hurdles like you see the tight ends doing. No, this was a hurdle to where his feet were back on the ground quickly and he was to make able to make a move off of the hurdle.
Speaker 2: That's difficult to do. You got to have good footwork for.
Speaker 3: That, as Ferguson did on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, it wasn't that kind of hurdle. No, No, his his was, you know a little bit more stepily.
Speaker 4: So watching the Eagles defense yesterday, what did you pick up going into this Sunday when we're when we're playing him that.
Speaker 3: I bet they're the leaders in the clubhouse on signing check Leonard, I think they do. You think so need a linebacker? We'll see and yeah, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 4: I was. No, I've been keeping an eye on it all morning last night. David Moore from the Dallas Morning News. He reported free agent Shaq Leonard is expected expected to take the rest of last night and this morning to decide between Cowboys and Eagles and inform the teams today of his decision. So, and that's like I told you.
Speaker 3: I told you on Friday. The Cowboys expected the decision to be made on Sunday. So maybe he made it and he's going to announce it today.
Speaker 5: So is he the kind of guy that goes, Okay, I can help Philly turn the corner?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And is he the kind of guy that goes you know what I love is in Dallas and this is the place I want to be.
Speaker 2: Right now, Cowboys are trading up with I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't knows very well, so tass up so I And again we didn't think it would come down to money since he's still getting paid by the Cold.
Speaker 5: Now this is opportunity, right, This is all about opportunity, you know, Like I talked about my experience with Seattle and the Giants. Yeah, more money's one place, But where's your real opportunity gonna be?
Speaker 2: Mine was New York? Thank god? But you know what does he think?
Speaker 5: Does he feel like he's got a better chance with the Cowboys, or does he think that he is just what Philly needs to not let that happen again, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: To get forty what was it, forty one, forty two put on him.
Speaker 2: He probably thinks, you know, I can come in and save.
Speaker 5: Right, I can say today, right, you know Cowboys you know, hell, we need some saving too.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, it wasn't like our defense was out there blowing it up.
Speaker 3: No, no, exactly, especially the last game. Right, So it'll be interesting. We'll keep an eye on it. What time he decides to make his de decision or which team. Yeah, I just I didn't get a good feel here. But you never know, you know, you saw him here. No, No, I'm saying from what I've talked to the folks here that.
Speaker 2: No one, no one can put the finger on it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's like and I didn't know. I didn't. I never got anybody say, well, it feel pretty good chance. And I still don't know that he's the savior for anybody.
Speaker 5: He's my point, that's my point, because I mean we could look at Evans, We could still look at Evans.
Speaker 2: You know, he didn't get much of a chance in the game.
Speaker 5: You know, he's still trying to rap himself up on how to play, how to play on the field. You know that game was pretty helter skelter, not just for him but for everyone on defense. So to just call him out and say, well, he he got beat on that play, I mean, yeah, he's gonna get beat on a few plays until he gets his legs back under.
Speaker 3: I was trying to see how many snaps he ended up did he.
Speaker 2: I think last week you said twenty something.
Speaker 3: That was the week before it was it was he had.
Speaker 2: Oh my.
Speaker 3: Three three defensive snaps, but he had thirty two special team snaps. So or no, I'm sorry, nine special team snaps thirty two percent. So he didn't play very much. So yeah, and that was the guy. Remember when they brought him in.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, veteran like knows knows what he's doing out there, but it took him a while to get adjusted into.
Speaker 2: He's still trying to get adjusted.
Speaker 4: He didn't he wasn't with the team during camp.
Speaker 2: He wasn't with anybody.
Speaker 3: And I think maybe it chose so and and and Leonard. I mean, he's he's not like some big middle linebacker you're going to put in there, right, he's an outside line.
Speaker 2: He's a playmaker though, yeah he was, or he was. He was a playmaker. That's what he did.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how that goes. And everybody says, well, they need another big linebacker, and I said, they got one two and fifty pounds Michael Parsons. Just let him play linebacker. I don't know about your thoughts on it, but it just seems like he's more versatile at linebacker, and he is at defensive end.
Speaker 5: There's no doubt they no way he is at defensive end. And we could still play with it, you know. We still put them on the at defensive end when we need a rush, which is what we've been doing right, Yeah, in crucial situations.
Speaker 2: But I gotta say, we talk about.
Speaker 5: Parsons when I see he and Lawrence on the same side. That gives me great joy.
Speaker 3: You smile what you say, great joy.
Speaker 5: You know, because you see what Parsons did in the game. But the Marcus launch is the last three series, the last three series of plays. He turned the game around for us, yes, defensively, and no one really said much about that. The screen passed that Gino was trying to throw at the end on the fourth down.
Speaker 2: You know, he kind of could have gotten it.
Speaker 5: Off, you know, even though Parson was in his face, but d Law was right there. Not only did he shut down the offensive lineman from trying to get outside on him, he also interfered with the running back who was.
Speaker 3: Going to catch the skyed.
Speaker 2: He delayed all of that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was very subtle, you know, because all we saw was the explosion from Parsons. We didn't see the little nuances that was going on with d Law at that time. You know, between that offensive tackle and the running back.
Speaker 4: A quietly great season. He always does flying under the radar, but he's getting the job done for us.
Speaker 5: And not to mention the fourth down. The fourth down that was even before that.
Speaker 2: Was an amazing He went all the way and it wasn't an accident.
Speaker 5: He went all the way inside, came back outside and made the play.
Speaker 3: And we need to take a break. But after you said that, so I saw finally somebody did what I said they should do on the tush push. It didn't quite happen soon enough, but the saffrance, I don't remember who it was, it was a defensive back. He got over the top behind Hurts and he horse collared. But if you're in the box, you can horse collar a running back. He tried to yank him back right. It was too late, but he finally did what I said, that's what you need to do. Just go in and grab him from the back of the.
Speaker 2: If you're going to do that, it's going to be better.
Speaker 5: If it's like two yards to go, not one, you're not going to get there in time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they didn't. By the way, all right, we continue here on mix shots and we'll kind of give you an idea where the Cowboys are going forward in this big Eagles week. On mix shots, I'm.
Speaker 6: Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the press guy who looks white, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a punchtown.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy cheese, pan savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest Heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest spool. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Dous Cowboys Football taste like Middle of Time.
Speaker 10: Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliberal Company for Orth Texas, Demict shuts.
Speaker 4: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. And we are on the Shaq Leonard watch right now and Stephen Jones is talking to one O five three the fan, and he said just a little bit ago that we have no idea right now. It's a work in progress. We'll see. There's been a lot of back and forth. Had a great visit, laid everything out for him, our vision for him and how he could help us win a championship. I think he enjoyed his visit here. But obviously there is more than us involved here. We'll just have to see all.
Speaker 2: Right up to the minute, what does that sound? That doesn't sound good to me?
Speaker 5: SPACs like he's not even like it sounds like, you know, sounds like he's just trying to get the best deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably just yeah, so once if this is not enough, you've seen what we're doing.
Speaker 5: If this is not enough and you hadn't made a decision yet, I don't think he's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: So the Cowboys, who have to take care of themselves, get back to work today after having a three day weekend. Hope everybody else enjoyed their three days.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 5: The good thing about it is Bill talked about it last week. We were a little bit tired. We were a bit tired, and to play that way and to win while fatigued, that's.
Speaker 2: A good win.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty good win against a team that's I would imagine I'd be surprised if the Seahawks don't do well from here on that because they're playing desperate. I'll be surprised if they they don't do as well as they did in the Cowboys game against the other opponents. But we were a tired team. We still won against a good a well coached team and a quarterback that was playing his best game. I think that was the best game I've ever seen Geno play. I mean you got to look at it. I mean, he was doing that. He wasn't just it wasn't just our mistakes. It was his playmaking that really kept him in the game. So to survive that, I think we're going to be so much better off with rest this time.
Speaker 4: And now we're going off of nine days is it of a period until this Eagulls game. So they had the three days off and then this week nine days of rest, which is great going.
Speaker 3: On not rest but not having to play. My god, they this week.
Speaker 5: No that that's true though, you you know, and and a home game and another home game, right, so all of it bodes well for the Cowboys this week.
Speaker 3: So uh And I heard someone said that, well, the Eagles, you know, they had to play three games and thirteen OK. I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 2: I got it, right, Yeah? Fine, yeah, we got problems too, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: No one, No one said the Cowboys only won forty one thirty five because they had to play three games in twelve days. But at least they'll be back in the building today. As a matter of fact here on Dallas Cowboys dot com, maybe not. At least we have a Mike McCarthy press conference at one o'clock because I don't think we've been airing the press conference live, but it will be on the website. So did you guys watch Detroit game?
Speaker 4: Anybody a couple plays of it? But I was watching the Texans Broncos game.
Speaker 3: See, I did a game I didn't do justice to either, but I had both on it at the same time, along with the college the playoff show. Right, So the Lions nine and three now, and it looked like the Saints were going to get them, and they hung on to win thirty three twenty eight on the road on the road, and moved to nine and three. So they are, you know, one of the teams that are nine and three uh in the Nfcuh And uh. You know the Cowboys have to play them going forward, second to the last game of the season, and boy, their rookie tight end had a pretty darn good day, right, Laporta nine catches, one hundred and forty yards and one touchdown.
Speaker 5: I think it was one play where he was just all alone right, running a long time.
Speaker 2: It took him a while of us have caught that one.
Speaker 3: I think what what impressed me other than him was the fact that they were able to run the football. I think that's something the Cowboys have to be aware of. Twenty six carries for one hundred and sixteen yards with their two running backs Gibbs and Montgomery. So that's something that you better be able to stop when you play the Lions, who play pretty darn hard. Although they got to lead and they let the Saints back in the game, but that's down the road. The Cowboys have to deal, like I said, with the Eagles Sunday night at and T Stadium, and I thought the interesting thing now coming out of that game and into this one is who the Cowboys have left to play and.
Speaker 2: Who the Eagles have left to play.
Speaker 3: So we're well aware. The Cowboys have to take on Philadelphia, go to Buffalo, go to Miami on Christmas Eve, and then Detroit the following Saturday, and then Washington. The Eagles at ten and two have the Cowboys. Then they've got to play the Seahawks, Giants Arizona and the Giants again. How do they get that?
Speaker 2: I think we had it like that one year didn't.
Speaker 3: We play like one of the Washington maybe two of the last three games. So they still have the best record in the NFC at ten and two. I guess in the NFL because the best record on the other sides nine and three. San Francisco has to play the Seahawks, the Cardinals, Baltimore, Washington, and the Rams. So they got to deal with the Seahawks, the Ravens, and kind of a resurgent Rams team.
Speaker 2: Right, and a team that knows them very well.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, they've played and who knows the Cardinals. They seem to sneak up on pole Man.
Speaker 5: They just get on your nerves, don't they. They're just like you can't get rid of.
Speaker 3: You know, that loss. That loss still haunts the Cowboys because it's an NFC loss, and in the list of tiebreakers, if they end up tied with Philadelphia, meaning they have to beat them, the fourth tiebreaker is NFC record and Cowboys might have just one more if they don't lose other than to the Cowboys, they would have one more NFC loss and it would be Arizona. And by the way, Detroit nine and three leading their division. They've got to play the Bears Broncos. How about this one now, Vikings Cowboys Vikings Okay again, same deal as the Eagles have.
Speaker 2: That's no picnic for them either down the stretch.
Speaker 3: No, not at all now.
Speaker 5: And they are a team. They're a lot like the Cowboys in the Guards. So you can get you know, you can fall in love with how they win and the talent that they have, but sometimes they just stink up the joint, right, Yeah, I mean they just do it sometimes.
Speaker 2: I think they are us last year. They are US last.
Speaker 3: Year, and at least they would have a They got a two game lead on the Packers hitcher standings there or because the Packers won last night, so that I think that got them to seven and five.
Speaker 4: They are six and six.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, they got a three game in the Hut, They got a three game on them with five five to play, but the Packers are playing better. So that kind of gives you an idea of what these teams have going down the stretch here that are at the top of at least the NFC, you know, and in the three divisions, the leaders in nine and three, nine and three, and ten and two except for the South, right.
Speaker 4: So I think we have the toughest stretch.
Speaker 3: Atlanta jumped out.
Speaker 4: We have the toughest stretches.
Speaker 5: Especially with the two on the road against the AFC, and this is.
Speaker 4: The time after well, starting this Sunday, you have to show up. This is where everything matters, especially against if you're coming up on Buffalo and Miami. And Miami they beat the Commanders this week forty five to fifteen, and it was.
Speaker 3: Washing I think it was in Washington, Tyreek Hill. Just trying to say it that I can say on the air. They ran rough shot over.
Speaker 2: Them, Let's put it that way.
Speaker 5: You know, this Dolphins team, and we'll get into them next week, but I think they're somewhat of a front runner team as well. Yeah, when things are going well with them, they are just so good, and then you wait on them to show up, like against Philly. You know, they came out there and it looked like they were gonna do everything right. They couldn't even hardly pass on a secondary that Philadelphia has that really isn't that good, and they had a tough time with that secondary.
Speaker 2: You're blown.
Speaker 5: You just blew out somebody by seventy to something, and then you come to Philly and you can't you got guys dropping passes. Tyree Hill dropped the touchdown. You know, those kind of things happen, and that happens when you get more pressure on you than you can handle. And those are the kind of teams if you put that pressure on them, then they're gonna they're gonna fold. They're gonna fold. I'm hoping we can do that to them show though it's a their at their place.
Speaker 3: So we sign we kind of did what Dak told us not to do. We look side ways here for that segment. When we return here on mixshot, we're staying in our lane and we're going to analyze these cowboys on what we feel like they need to do best down the stretch to be able to have a chance to win the NFC East Mixshots continuing in a moment.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can Crag's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtime followed by Monday morning swagger, brisky in the smoker, Miller Light and the clup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miler Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 7: Snapped the fresh guy who looks light. It's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look full a pun style.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 4: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 8: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I likes.
Speaker 4: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by in Fizzi Line. Don't miss your chance learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and former NFL players at at and T Stadium on December twenty second and twenty third. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. Registered today at Dallascowboys dot Com. Slash Camps.
Speaker 3: Very good Savannah. As we continue here on snakshott, I didn't even notice it sounded good to me.
Speaker 2: Gave her love last week.
Speaker 5: I gotta I gotta be you know, fair stumbled.
Speaker 3: All right, these cowboys, what do we want to see out of them to be able to beat these Eagles or what they need to improve on going down the stretch?
Speaker 2: Running game, running game, running game? We need to do that.
Speaker 5: We need to get better at the running game for the rest of this year. We've got to get better at it. We were feeling comfortable. You know, Dak's doing this thing. The offensive line protects better each week as far as the pass is concerned, and that makes me feel good. So we don't feel like it's such a a hazard for Dak to be back there passing as much as he is. We're almost going back to the same pattern that we had with Kellen Moore was here. You know, we're passing a lot, a lot more than we really should be passing if we want to have a good running game. But they're protecting so well that it really doesn't leave us in a panic. And so Dakh there were times in the game that was back there for a minute. I said, I mean one time he's back there, looked like six seconds and he didn't even move. He didn't even have to. He just kept his feet on and so that's all good. But eventually they're gonna, you know, Philly and Buffalo Miami, their team is going to say, Okay, we're going to start playing the pass and we're not even going to start worrying about the run because they have right now, I'll run.
Speaker 2: We did, okay. I think Proud had seventy plus yards or something.
Speaker 3: It looks good from a new miracle standoint. Hollard had sixty eight, but they had one hundred and thirty six. Thirty of that though, was Ceedee Lamb on end the rounds. Yes, so if you take his thirty out, they're at one thirty two carries for one oh six. That's three point whatever.
Speaker 2: That's tough. We're only doing it.
Speaker 5: It's only effective in regards to keeping the defense honest. That's the only way it's effective. The fact that we would attempt to run. It's not that it's a successful play, just the fact that we attempt it. Okay, we'll keep them honest, but they really aren't threatened at all by our running game.
Speaker 4: I want to see a rotation with Recodoudle, who can create those pockets for Tony Pollards. We need to see him move the line of scarvage a little bit. And then not only that, but I'm personally a little sick of the toss from Dak to Tony Pollard.
Speaker 2: Well we scored once, we did, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: In the field, but it's so repetitive all the time, and we need to.
Speaker 2: Have going sideways. He never cuts up.
Speaker 4: Let him run the ball, let reco down. I'll run the ball. That's it.
Speaker 3: So the last time when they played Philadelphia, they had twenty one carries for seventy three yards. It's three and a half yards to carry, you got it. Least get the four. Right now, they've done a little bit better job these last five games. So one O two against the Rams, one sixty eight against the Giants, one O seven against Carolina, one hundred against Washington, and that's Washington, right.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 5: The problem you have is, you know, you don't open things up for the passing game.
Speaker 2: You just don't, you know.
Speaker 5: And every time we run, not only does it not open it up, it's a deficit because we'll end up losing two yards. You know, let's start off, maybe nice to get a passing play and it's second and two. Next thing you know, you end up thirty and five again because we lost three yards trying to go wide, and that has been consistently happening, you know, to where we have had negative plays when it comes to western plays.
Speaker 3: Pollard had a sixteen yard run. Okay, that's fine, but nothing more other than Lamb's twenty four. But from a running standpoint, Rico's long was eight yards.
Speaker 2: And that was a tough eight. I remember that run he did on his own.
Speaker 5: He did that on his own, carried him Yeah, yeah, he busted through three people to get the eight yards.
Speaker 3: So to me, it's not almost the average. Well, the average yards per carry is important, but you need some chunk runs to back people off. Yes, right, make there, maybe they come. They have to put another guy in there to prevent a big play.
Speaker 2: Bring him down, bring them down.
Speaker 3: And that's what's not happening enough in that in that running game.
Speaker 5: And we're still successful when it comes to the past, but once again, everything doesn't work well all the time. There are gonna be times when we won't be able to get that bo Yes, man, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Don't know what the weather is going to be like.
Speaker 5: And then you have to switch over and go to that humidity, that oven in Miami.
Speaker 2: You know, how long can you take that?
Speaker 5: You think CD got tired being targeted this past game.
Speaker 2: Seventeen, right, you know, we're gonna have to spread this thing out. We're gonna have to spread this thing out.
Speaker 5: So these are the kind of things that, you know, they kind of messed with what our trend is. You know, every every game, we're not going to be able to pass our way out of it, and we need to be careful in that.
Speaker 2: So we have to be more diverse.
Speaker 3: You were getting ready to say, were you agreeing with the run?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was agreeing with the run completely. We need to run the ball more. We need to get that set up this week to establish the run game for the remainder of the games this season.
Speaker 3: And for me from a defensive standpoint, they need to either continue or get better at putting pressure on opposing.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks and not just when we're ahead.
Speaker 3: Right, because I mean, what did they They only sacked what they sack Gino like zero times.
Speaker 2: I thought it was one, but but they said it didn't count. We sacked, we.
Speaker 3: Sacked the running.
Speaker 4: The trip from but that wasn't a sack.
Speaker 3: They had the one and it was on their running back Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, but back to that because it was a kind of a double.
Speaker 5: But wouldn't the league go through, uh the different plays and see that that was a sack by Parsons.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't they allow wouldn't they give that to him? If they review.
Speaker 5: Everything the calls all week, they wouldn't go back and look at that play where I thought, clearly Geno's knee was on the ground before he threw.
Speaker 3: Well, but they didn't count it. But you know it was incompletion, so they can't change that. So he doesn't get a sack on it, but he should have because his knee was down. I can't believe they didn't even review it.
Speaker 5: To telecrapt it happens in Dallas. It only happens in Dallas.
Speaker 4: I think also this week we have to clean up the penalties.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt, no thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: During the Seahawks game.
Speaker 3: You have to look at those thank you so much or get a different crew, officiating crew.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: We fuss about it and Pete kell you know, hey, I'm going to address this. Hell, we're still the most penalized the two top penalized teams. So it's not like we're surprised that they were throwing a bunch of flags. Maybe they came in anticipating a lot more than we actually had. Maybe that's why that was their mindset. Okay, we don't want to let this game get out of hand with too many guys. You could get into a melee because guys would be fussing by getting held all the time. So we're gonna we're gonna stop this now. Okay, we're gonna stop this. We're gonna stop the bleeding. But what they did was just extended a game for thirty extra minutes.
Speaker 3: It was a long game.
Speaker 2: It was a long game.
Speaker 3: What did I tell you? It was three twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, three and a half hours.
Speaker 3: And when you play your starting late, you're not a three o'clock game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: If Pete wants to do something about flags, then coach better, because they there were a lot of justified flags on both sides.
Speaker 3: Right, and and so that's a good point, and they do need to clean that up.
Speaker 2: So they had it gets us in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: They had ten and and that means if you add that to their total, now it's ninety one.
Speaker 4: Ninety one total penalties.
Speaker 5: Jeez, So you go to Buffalo, crazy weather, make a play, everything's chaotic, it comes back.
Speaker 4: You can't afford that.
Speaker 5: You can't afford that. Now you cannot afford They go to Miami. We'll all ready hot and tired. Now we got to go run some extra place here because we keep and when you're fatigued, you also are prone to more penalties. Right, So it's too late in the season to expect the change. I would be surprised if there was one. It's too late in this season to expect that. Now that's just another handicap that we're going to have to deal with.
Speaker 3: Well and there. I'm kind of with McCarthy on this one. The penalties of aggression. You live with the false starts in lining up in the neutral zone, it's like, come on, can't you see? Yeah, we need some better vision.
Speaker 2: It ain't that hard. It's right there. What do you need?
Speaker 5: It's right there, The ball's right there. Okay, it's right there. It's not it's right there. I don't know what else you need.
Speaker 3: And it's not moving until it right heel, it moves.
Speaker 5: You know where you gotta line up there? It is right there. You have all these these lines on the field. Those are yardage. That's yordage. Okay, you're right there, dude. They don't change it. Ain't that hard.
Speaker 3: They need the blue line out there.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 5: We get the benefit of Why don't you have more DB's lining up off sides. We're way down here, yet we can see where to line up, and the ball is way over there. These line on are right there on the ball. Oh my bad.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, it's just too much, too much. We close it on that one.
Speaker 3: They need a blue line, all right, and we will close mick shots and we will be back tomorrow here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.