Speaker 1: We have to start the Steal Tour. We're very excited about it. I'm not about to bite my tongue. We want to sell it out and the dates are coming up fast, and so if you live in one of these areas, we want you to buy your tickets now. It's all available on our instagrams, on our websites, on our link tree. But you can see us in Washington, DC on October tenth, Detroit, Michigan on October twelfth, Chicago October thirteenth. October seventeenth, we're in La in Hollywood, We'll be in Atlanta on Halloween, October thirty.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: We want y'all to come out. We want y'all to kick it. We will be doing our coveted live show with special guests, with just me and David. Depending on the city, it'll be a great time. All that meet and greets. You've been Chris Brown as a good meet and greet.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear, I'll take a weird picture with you for free.
Speaker 2: Do you want to say with the pictures we said to sending pictures to yourself? Maybe don't, lady, you will find as hell that's not the issue. We're both in relationships. We can't be getting late night pictures of women. And that's all I'm going to say. You're stressing David out. Me myself. I can handle it.
Speaker 1: You do whatever you need to do, but you're stressing David out and maybe chill out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the I got the email up on my phone. I'm checking it in bed. It complicates things. You did not show us what you were working with and said picture.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Olivia says, I don't want to see it. Okay, Well I guess I'm out voted. Uh, and that's fine. I know what. If you want us to see them, send it to Langston personally. Why aren't you an addressing no email to Langston? And it says them and okay, and show them all of them.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, let's just pump the brakes. It's a lot easier to explain it when it's a group email and not.
Speaker 2: Not my personal collection. Do you know what I mean? Quality bears are racist?
Speaker 1: The money stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't tell me who wants to sex Matumbo? There it is, there, it is.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome little mamas and gentiles alike to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told me.
Speaker 2: The podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 1: We finally work to prove that Nell Carter died a generation too early to be celebrated for the badass big lady she truly was. That lady was fine. I think Nell Carter was a battie and they spent a lot of time calling her a big, old chubby ugo and and that was like, the whole bit was, who would want to have sex with Nel Carter? Guess what old Langston herman would have sex with Nell Carter today, tomorrow and forever.
Speaker 2: I want to first of all say a double r p uh Carter and mcgim gim would jump up and now I'm with you though that was bad she That was that little updude, a little shortcut. It was.
Speaker 1: It was of a it was of a time, I would say. And it's it's interesting because yeah, they talked all that ship. Ten years later, Monica came out with the same thing, and we loved.
Speaker 2: Her for it.
Speaker 1: We loved her because because she fit a certain profile. You know, she was a skinny battie. But but the big girl baddies got their wave and unfortunately now what's a little too early for it.
Speaker 2: Well, now we want you to know wherever you are, we will hit. We will hit if Yeah, I've been heaven listening. Willit wit? No? God, bless you, God, bless you, God bless haircut man? What what shot? Do we have a heaven at this point? You know, I think seventy thirty, I do some things in my personal life.
Speaker 1: Okay, you still think you have like a decent chance that at heaven. The way you responded to that makes me feel like you don't. I don't think you have a chance. Or I don't think I have a chance, but you don't think you have a chance. Yeah, I don't think I got a pretty I don't think I'm wow. I think at this point it's less a question of me going to heaven and where where do I go?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Like I think I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I'm a subscriber in in the idea of hell. I that to me feels sort of like a fictitious thing, but certain because you're Jewish, No, I I didn't grow up with any No, I didn't grow up with any like deep connections to the Jewish religion but I do connect with that part of the of the faith, if that makes sense that I just on a logical sense, it does feel false to me that there's just a place for an eternal damnation because I cussed and wasn't nice to my neighbor's wife or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Here's my problem with there being no hell. Then I'm damn sure not going to heaven? Does Does that mean? Well, that's what I'm wrestling with. I know, so I I need there to be a hell so I can make it to heaven. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think like there might be a version of this where like you don't go to heaven, but you go to like you become like a spirit that just lives in line at Burger King, you know what I mean, Where it's just like that's the differinity for you.
Speaker 2: Because here's how I always viewed it before. The difference between heaven and Hell is like the difference between a D minus and a F.
Speaker 1: Oh, where hey, I got it sixty percent though you're trying to be one of them that's like right at the end and goes my bad guy and then he's like, come on.
Speaker 2: That's exactly it. Let me get that. I'm point nine away. But that's enough. That's enough. Yeah, but then if you put some other place in there, well, now I'm I'm rocking to C minus. I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: You did enough that the teacher goes, David, can you hang back for a second.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember that conversation. Now I'm gonna pass you, but I shouldn't. You.
Speaker 1: You're really pushing it, man, And and if you're gonna be something in your life, then you're gonna have to make some other choices. I will miss Carlisle. I promise I'm gonna work on it. Here's the talk I got. Your grades were fine during football season, then all of a sudden, mid November rolls around and you're failing everything. Yeah it's true. I I myself maintained pretty solid grades the whole time, but but you did. But I respect that everybody had a different journey out there. And I just watch my teachers have that conversation with my friends, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very funny.
Speaker 1: From afar, it's so funny to watch like this is this is not great, but like, do you remember just making fun of people for being stupid in school?
Speaker 2: Because my thing is I was bad at school. But I'm smart enough that I could like, you couldn't be like, this guy's a fucking idiot. But then they'd be like, but Jeff can't balance equation or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, dog we I would say some of my most joyous moments were making fun of the extensive failures of my peers, just being like, you know what I mean, just especially when I was playing basketball, like dudes who couldn't play that week because like they didn't make grades or whatever the time we had.
Speaker 2: Bro That happened to me once too, and it was awful. It was my junior year, and I remember sophomore year. I remember you had to run all practice and then you had to run conditioning that week, like so you didn't get to practice at all. And then the coach would just make me run different directions, so he'd be like, Bory, b wait, maybe there's an a over there, but there's not.
Speaker 1: And frankly, you keeping me here running is not gonna help me improve my studies in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: I think if you were a good coach, you would understand that the F started at home. The f started at home.
Speaker 1: I needed more help than than you yelling, Uh you the health teacher yelling at me, can offer, bro He wasn't even a teacher. We brought a hitter in. He was a construction workers, he.
Speaker 2: Owned a concrete business. He was dirty. He drove his truck onto the field before practice. No, that's not right, you know, Come on, man.
Speaker 1: They have to have some tether to the to the educational system so that they know how to help liaison these relationships.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you're just a man.
Speaker 1: Yelling at me, a man yelling at me for frankly, tests that you can't even scale, you know what I mean, Like, you don't even know how hard that test was. You're just being mean to me because you didn't didn't get good grades. The life of a student athlete, Man, it's tough. I I miss it every day.
Speaker 2: I never miss it. But it's because I wasn't good enough. I was like good enough to start, but I wasn't good enough to get any specialty treatment. It's just like, Okay, you're starting because you're the best defensive tackle we have here, but that's not a great pool. Go to Mexico, statenon Sharp, what up? What up there? Boy? You got a future?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do miss I missed. I didn't play football, but I do miss basketball a lot. And and I miss Shannon Sharp. I missed the Shannon Sharp he was, and not the Shannon Sharp that that everybody has has found out he is exactly miss my house the good old days.
Speaker 2: Man, what a time when we have the defect to Baltimore. But now I want to hear you talk. No, it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough hearing that mushmouth man speak that said, we're not here to talk about Shannon Sharp or football or basketball. Frankly, we have an email. Uh it's a Langston David episode of David Langston episode. We we we're gonna talk some ship, we're gonna hang out, we're just gonna chill for a minute. But we got an email from a person that we're excited about. I think our ears perked up at the possibilities that that come from this salacious email.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's subject line reads, fuck is Fizer on.
Speaker 2: Which great, great great? I'm in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a good way to start an email. I like that, and like put a picture in and I like when they start with fuck you know what I mean, or just a big old naughty word right at the beginning that makes me want to read it fast. Yeah, Dylan sent us a message. He said, greetings and salutations Linthson and David Epara, Olivia k Pedo, Pueto Paedo.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Uh, I'm not a Spanish speaker, Olivia. That was for you, anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh, it ain't got nothing to do with us. I saw this goofy fucking Ffiser commercial during the Niners game today, and I cannot think of a single reason why they needed John Legend drinking honey on a piano with fuck me eyes except for some good old fashioned white devil Shenanigans. That sounds right to me already. And I don't I don't even know what the commercial is. I haven't seen the commercial. Were you familiar with this commercial before?
Speaker 2: I'm not, But I'm on board with all right, some I and this is a conspiracy within a conspiracy, the conspiracy to make us think John Legend is the sexiest man in the world. You guys gotta relax, You gotta relax putting all this John Legend. He looks like a teacher. It's fine, Yeah, I look like a door guy. That's my lot in life. You don't feel like you know what I mean, Yeah, I feel it.
Speaker 1: I think there was this weird period where John Legend looked like what we think he should look like. He looked like a little mouseman in big thick sweaters, and we were like, that's John Legend. We agree on that he's not a sexy man, but he has sexy man voice and make sexy man music cool. And then John Legend did a fuck ton of push ups and got into pretty good shape for John Legend, and then suddenly we just accepted that John Legend was supposed to be a sex symbol when in fact, no, that's still a mouseman who did push ups.
Speaker 2: The song is called ordinary People. You regular, my nigga, You ain't. You ain't even supposed to be over here. And that's why I like you because I bought your CD, which was a Christmas present to my mom at Targan. Yeah, and that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, John Legend, and this isn't this We want to be clear, This isn't some negative attack on like John Legend. It's it's more just let's rescale the the attractiveness measurements, you know what I mean, Like, we gotta we gotta balance the the the scales. Again, I just feel like we need to let normal and ugly people do shit in entertainment.
Speaker 2: And again, yeah, you don't gotta be fine to sing, you don't, it's fine. I agree, you gotta be fine to play the drums.
Speaker 1: I agree, And and even I think about like Jonathan Majors, who who obviously went through his big transformation and then a more complicated one. But there was a period where like people were fully trying to convince us that that was a sec a fine man, that he was like handsome, And let's be clear, y'all, he's not.
Speaker 2: He's funny, he might be handsome. I actually have to differ with you on that. I think, what are we doing? What is this podcast? We can't agree on what Jonathan Majors looks like? You saw a rocky Yeah, he's big and buff and and he certainly plays the part. But no, that's not a handsome man. Does he have the face of your cousin who was good at football?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he's odd faced and he no, come on, and he dresses like he uh, he dresses like a slave, and he dresses like he keeps a bottle of cod liver oil in his pocket. You know what I mean, Like, he's a fucking that's not a handsome man. What are we talking about. Here's my question to you, because you flirt with the space of handsome man. If you got Jonathan Major's buff, did we ever see you again? Uh? I don't think so. I I think I've done everything in my power. I'll be honest with you. I've done everything in my power not to get buff, because I think that if I end up in that space, I can't keep doing comedy, certainly not at any version of a respectable level.
Speaker 2: And I will say, and we if new we talks to the social media team, blur this out. I was watching your new television show. Yeah, and I did take a screenshot that I was saving. I told my girl.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's like Christmas, it's gonna come. It's gonna I had to find it. Posit, I pose it. I can show you.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna be more self conscious than than for the rest of always, I guess because I don't know what it is, but it it gives me nightmares. I haven't even sure. Yeah, it gives me nightmares. I fucking hate this.
Speaker 2: This is awful. What a terrible thing that's happening. I hate it. Guys with me. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: If I know, if I funk around and get jacked, it's over. Man, I can't keep going.
Speaker 2: See I'm the opposite. If I got jacked, I would do a shock level number of endorsements.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's crazy. If I know, that's not crazy, that makes sense. If I get Buff, I'm selling out dog.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. I think.
Speaker 1: If I get Buff, I'm just going to walk the path. I get what what Michael B. Jordan did.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He was like, I got Buff. It took me a lot of time and energy to make these muscles. I am going to use them to the best of their ability and be the star of every buff dude thing available. You don't then go and you know, hang out.
Speaker 2: With riff raff. I gotta make a choice. You see, I'm cutting everything. I'd be a you call me terry news. I'm the You see me popping all of a sudden, That is change.
Speaker 1: You'd be popping a lot now. Dylan goes on to say, my conspiracy is that Pfeiser partnered with the Black Church on the John Legend flu shot commercial as a way to galvanize old black women to buy into the medical machine more and challenge their hotel husbands, thus creating both more flu shot income for Pfizer from traditionally untrustworthy Black folks, as well as more conflict and division in Black families via inciting old hard headed niggas to double down on their views and never go to the doctor. By intensifying old heads experience of white coat syndrome, which is obviously valid, as well as the jealousy and insecurity from their wives wanting John Legend to eat their pussies out, amplified chronic stress well expedite their imminent early demise, creating more free time for black superwomen our nation heroes who don't know how to have fun to only focus on sacrifice service via work in church. Thank you all for your high jinks and tomfoolery. This podcast is one of the things that got me through grad school. All the best, Dylan, Damn one minor point I do want to make. That's how you know John your legend's not fine. They're imagining him eating their pussies. You're saying, fine, man, you imagine them blowing your back out.
Speaker 2: I would imagine. And I'm not a woman, I don't know, but I would assume. Yeah. But but regular men you.
Speaker 1: Go, I bet you eat me out good, and yeah, treat me nice. Dylan lays down a pretty uh, I would say, thoughtful and heavy theory here. I wonder if it's worth us taking a break because he's laid down his tracks. Maybe we take a break. We give y'all a second to buy products. I'm sure they're great products, and then when we come back, we'll talk a little bit more about our thoughts on Dylan's conspiracy. That sound good, I've been doing hell yeah, So we're gonna take a break. We'll be back with more Dylan's.
Speaker 2: Email and more. Mamma told me.
Speaker 1: We have to start to steal tour. We're very excited about it. I'm not about to bite my tongue. We want to sell it out and the dates are coming up fast, and so if you live in one of these areas, we want you to buy your tickets now. It's all available on our instagrams, on our websites, on our link tree. But you can see us in Washington, DC on October tenth, Detroit, Michigan on October twelfth, Chicago, October thirteenth. October seventeenth, We're in La in Hollywood. We'll be in Atlanta on Halloween October thirty. First, we want y'all to come out. We want y'all to kick it. We will be doing our coveted live show with special guests, with just me and David. Depending on the city, it'll be a time all that meet and greets. You've been Chris Brown has a good meet and greet.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear, I'll take a weird picture with you for free.
Speaker 2: You raggedy bitch, and you ain't shit niggas. We are better commercially. Yeah, yeah, I like we're discussing Pfizer, John Legend, and the Black women of it all.
Speaker 1: What I think Dylan is suggesting is that John Legend sort of functions as a two pronged threat to the black community. He number one, sort of attracts black women into buying into sort of like this relationship with medicine that is not necessarily proven or safe with this obviously giant corporation. But then additionally he creates like this, this sort of infighting in black households where black women are attempting to get their husbands and lovers and family to buy into the medicine that they have been trained their entire lives to doubt and fight against.
Speaker 2: And I love it. I'm in on this. I mean I don't I wouldn't call it as extreme as that, but I think I have a level of white coat syndrome for sure. WHOA yeah, say more, I don't fuck with the doctor. I feel like I don't get listened to.
Speaker 4: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel like that as a kid, but as an adult, since having had healthy insurance, it's like the process is so Yeah, I very very much feel like I'm not being listened to. I feel kind of like I'm not being believed, which is interesting because and I've always had that with the doctor, right, like just this, and I'm like, I feel like part of it is a dark skinned thing, you know what I mean. Yeah, but just like never my pain never seeming like a big issue or anything like that. Wow, So I definitely And I was that's so funny. I was talking to my girl about it recently, and she feels the same way. She said, when she goes to the doctor, they just tell her one thing, you know what I mean, Like even that when she's like this is and we know that the rate of that is even higher with black women, right right, And.
Speaker 1: We've read about them a few times on the podcast, But there are a fair amount of like studies that corroborate essentially what you're saying that like, dark skinned people more often than not are experiencing, like, you know, interactions with with the medical professionals that suggest that they're not being heard and their pain isn't being validated or or treated with any sort of seriousness. And so that all feels possible, right, Like, that all feels real. It doesn't feel like some shit where it's just like you going crazy alone being like my doctor's not nice. Whatever the fuck.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm trying to find black doctors. I think at an African dentist one time, it was interesting and I don't that's I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna say anything because because I've been problematic as it relates to your people. But but I wouldn't be a no African dental acts.
Speaker 2: Here was my I think my issue was that I wanted him to be flashier. I was like black African dentist.
Speaker 1: Oh you wanted the okay, see I don't want then any medical professional to be flashy in any way, shape or form. That is like the biggest turnoff for me as a really Yeah, I like sensible shoes. I like when your office looks like you borrowed it, you know what I mean, Like you don't even don't even put your fucking picture on the wall. You are here to work and go home.
Speaker 2: I like that, you know what I mean. I like it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's this is just honest, clean work. This ain't got nothing to do with like your I once I I when I my dermatologist was once paired. They had like one of those shared offices with a plastic surgeon, and the plastic surgeon had like massive screens that played these videos of like the heroic work that this man was doing all over not only America, but back he was African, and he would go.
Speaker 2: Back in Nigeria and giving him big ass titties. Yeah, I brings to my village. You know what it was for you, for you queen, But it was like it was like one of those five sets of Day videos. But the kid just as huge.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just big titty kids running next to his car as he waves at him. Like Muhammad Ali, big old titties bouncing, They're so happy. No, his whole ship was like he was given he was doing like titty jobs in America, but back in his home I think he was Ghanaian. I think back in Ghana he was doing breast reductions. That was his big ship. Was like he was helping to resolve, you know, back issues and save lives via these breast reductions.
Speaker 2: But I told him it seems great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, the videos were horrifying, just mountainous women, uh who looked like they were in agony. Truly, it was he was doing positive work, but it was this insane thing of like I'm here to get my acne resolved, and I'm just watching video after video of this man in the three peace suit talking about how good of work he's doing back in his home country, and it just felt crazy. You knowland Yeah because he taking them titties back.
Speaker 2: No, because they got big as mama mama milkers. But that is that is insane.
Speaker 1: I don't want a flashy doctor, I think, is my point. But more importantly, I I guess I I see how sort of like intentional this commercial seems.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, if nothing else it seems like they are targeting a group when they get John Legend to be the voice of Pfizer, and I wonder what that what that specific group is, and what Dylan is saying doesn't feel that off base to me.
Speaker 2: I think for sure. I think for sure. I mean I don't I don't know the weights of flu shots within black people women specifically, but it does feel like a considered effort, which feels dark to me. I don't want my listen. I'm fine celebrities or shills there whoors that's the point of the job. Yeah, sell me Coca Cola, don't tell me. Don't tell me to get a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's crazy, right because, like, on one end, I one hundred percent agree, we're gonna have to sell things, and it's part of the nature of the beast. Truly, every fucking entertainment conglomerate is owned by a financial institution or tech and so like you are eventually going to have to sell out. There's no exemption to that, exception to that rather, but on the flip side, you can make choices. You don't gotta be. You don't gotta be John Legend telling me to go get a phizor shot. That seems crazy.
Speaker 2: I would respect it more if you tell me to get viagra. Hmmm, that would be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Why what's the difference for you?
Speaker 2: That's not like a medical necessity.
Speaker 1: Oh you're saying if you want to fuck around over here, come on and fuck around over here.
Speaker 2: He should have been in your big titty doctor's office like that. That is fine for me. I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's maybe that's a good rule of thumb. Celebrities should only be allowed to endorse voluntary medicines, not ones that are meant to be like for real life changing.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think that's great. Olivia says. Travis Kelce is the spokesperson too a Pfizer. Yeah, for the flu shots, I guess. And that makes sense.
Speaker 1: If you need to get black people on board, black women on board, you go John Legend because they don't know who black women actually find sexy anymore. And then on the flip you get Travis Kelsey, who white people have deemed very sexy, even though he's trying his hardest not to be.
Speaker 2: Damn all right, but did you see what he did to himself? No? I don't, I bro, I'm not watching any football this year. Oh really, I cut the cord.
Speaker 1: WHA Is this like a political stance or are you just like I can't keep buying into this.
Speaker 2: I just can't. I just I just don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh Travis, Well, then you should know Travis kelcey upon sort of like pre Taylor Swift. Obviously he was getting like a high fade and oh yeah, I remember that was swagged out and shit. And now he looks like a cop. He just fully has transformed into like a thick mustache, no beard. He don't get his fade the way he used to anymore. He just truly has been like I am I am a white man and I should have been the whole time.
Speaker 2: So he's like the white guys you went to high school with. Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where he just grew up and was like, I'm a decent white man. I don't know what that phase was. I'm never gonna talk about it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he puts down to Sean John.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna retire this, and not for the reasons you think. Yeah, I'm cool with piff Daddy. I just I just can't wear it anymore because I'm like, we have to start to Steal Tour. We're very excited about it. I'm not about to bite my tongue. We want to sell it out and the dates are coming up fast, and so if you live in one of these areas, we want you to buy your tickets now. It's all available on our instagrams, on our websites, on our link tree. But you can see us in Washington, DC on October tenth, Detroit, Michigan on our October twelfth, Chicago October thirteenth, October seventeenth, We're in La in Hollywood, will be in Atlanta on Halloween, October thirty. First, we want y'all to come out. We want y'all to kick it. We will be doing our coveted live show with special guests, with just me and David. Depending on the city, it'll be a great time all that meet and greets. You think Chris Brown has a good meet and greet.
Speaker 3: Bro, let's be clear, I'll take a weird picture with you for free.
Speaker 2: Olivia also says black men may have better health outcomes when treated by black doctors. It's proven through various studies. I mean, I do think that that's true, but I think that's like because we think so little of women in this place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my issue with the medical field because I similarly have a lot of wariness around the doctor. I think my issue is more the compartmentalization of the doctor. Like, if I'm experiencing something, the only way I can I can even go and get the help that I need is to go through my my general practitioner, ask you know what I mean, like main person, and then they send me to the next person. And it's like, Bro, if I'm really in pain or I'm really suffering or whatever it is, I just need to see a guy to fix or a lady to fix this. I don't I don't want to have to take steps to take steps.
Speaker 2: That sucks. Yeah, that is also difficult. I needed to get a seapat machine because I have really bad sleep avenue and this shit took like five months. That's nuts. We got to get these rich people doctors, is that's what Do'll say? Put me onto that. She said, all the good doctors. It's like referrals only. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I think if you can nail down one of them rich people doctors, you get whatever you want, whenever you want it kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you can call them at home. But all that, all that just say I think that this conspiracy. I think this is pretty plausible. I don't know about the reasoning so much. Is like when you go to things like this, I think the reasoning, at least behind companies is always just more money. I don't think it's like I don't think I don't think it's ever deeper than that. I think maybe they got like, oh, black people don't get flu shots? Who do the blacks?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, you're saying it didn't It didn't have to be deeper than that.
Speaker 2: It just they needed a guy. And John Legend makes sense. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was. He was gonna take the check that I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 1: I do think sometimes we put a weight to things that maybe don't need or or don't exist. Like I don't think that sometimes we give white people, and certainly evil white people, more credit than they deserve. They're not brilliant masterminds. More often than not, they're just due who are Like, I bet I could get richer if John Legend pretended to have gotten a flu shot. That said, I do think they start to recognize the benefits of certain things. And I do think that like it may not have been the original plan to create this dissension at home, but certainly I think they recognize, like, oh, it seems like they're fighting a little bit about this. Maybe we should do a couple more of those, just to see what that does. So I don't know that it was the original plan, but I don't think they're mad at the payoff.
Speaker 2: And here's the worst part for me it's fucked up as a system is I do think that more black people going to the doctor is better than that, No.
Speaker 1: One hundred and Frankly, I think that whatever our fears are relating to certain medical practices or certain medical experiences, I think the flush ain't where they're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Us, do you know what I mean that?
Speaker 1: Like, at the end of the day, we have a very legitimate reason to fear our relationship with medicine because of the history of this country. But I don't think they're aiming for us via the flu shot. I don't think they're aiming for us via COVID. I think they're gonna be aiming for us much honestly, much closer to home, with like the foods that we eat, the types of recommendations or care that they offer, when problems start to occur inside of families, right that, Like, they will recognize to your point about your medical experience, They will recognize a family history of certain ailments or diseases or disorders and say nothing because they do not see you as a potential person worth saving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 1: It's the crazy part because they asked you to fill out these charts and you go, I do you have any use of such and such heart disease, diabetes, whatever? And I think we fill out those forms and they're like, nigga, I ain't reading this ship. Yeah, fun out of here, you know what I mean? Like, I think it's that energy that's truly where medicine is hurting us more than like we're gonna put fucking promenthesine in their flute shot and make them sleepy audit.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like, I don't think it's that. Man, this one it really bumped out. It started off fun.
Speaker 1: I'd say, oh no, oh no, you're behind the curtain.
Speaker 2: Here and listening to the ordinary people. I was gonna I was I was gonna queue it up so that I could just play the part we say, we're just on I thought that would be really funny, and then n on Computer was like, hey look at him. Look, look, look, look what are you doing over here? Watch this dumb ass video Black or White Man.
Speaker 1: I thought he was a genius when that start. I was like, man, John Legend, is it?
Speaker 2: He would? Man? Okay, here's what I will say. I think he was marketed to us that way, in the same way that we've talked about it before. There was that whole genre of neo soul type of shit. It was like, are you smart listen to John Legend? Yeah? Yeah. If you're dumb, dumb, just trying to get some ass, you'd listen to Jaheen. But if you're.
Speaker 1: Really trying to if you're really trying to grow with your lady, you gotta listen to some John Legend.
Speaker 2: Like if you want some pussy, listen to Tank. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, I do think that's true. I think he was sort of like meant to be this elevated artist because he could play the piano and was sort of like had a you know, a quality of self seriousness about what he was doing that they really sold to us. Yeah, and now he's selling visor and that I think maybe proves Dylan's point even more that like they made him a very legitimate person who we were meant to take seriously on matters of love and care and being what it meant to be intimate. And now he is a mouthpiece often for like the Democratic Party. He's very happy to volunteer himself for all kinds of products, and one of the scariest of that list is fucking flu shots.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, well there's no guys, you won't hear us doing that. But funny fact, if you want to sponsor this shit, get at your boys. Have you done a honey pack? No? But are you taking one? No? Have you? No? No? I took I took what was? I took a blue shoe once a couple of years ago. It didn't work. Actually, oh really I didn't even need it. I just somebody gave me when I was like, see, yeah, I never needed to be more horny.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm doing pretty good just off of just a raw elements inside the body, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's one of the levels I've maintained a very high.
Speaker 1: If anything, I can use a horny suppressor. If there's anything out there that does that, you need like a honeypack silencer, where's that?
Speaker 2: Where's that? How come they don't have like a medicine for those of us who get too horny throughout Yeah, you can take away my horny from nine to five pm. I would get so much done.
Speaker 1: Bro, if there was a way to make me not horny when I'm trying to get real work done, I would mayn I would cruise.
Speaker 2: It would be grown. I'd be an addict. That's my limitless pill.
Speaker 1: What's the opposite of honey? Let's do a vinegar pack for all you boys out there that are too horned up. Just just rock hard while you're trying to focus on your your work. We were handing out vinegar packs, and we're getting you right, We're getting you you sick of getting sin of getting rocked up at home? Depot a Vinnie pack. Oh yeah, we're telling mini PACs. Baby, this is a million dollar idea. I think we can get some money, dude. I think I think this is huge. If yeah, if anybody out there is is uh investor, if anybody is sort of tied to any secret fortunes that they're willing to waste on solid ideas that we haven't thought through much, send it all here because we got a good idea with these Vinnie packs.
Speaker 2: There we go. I think we did it. This is it, that was it.
Speaker 1: We didn't take our second commercial, but justin please forgive us.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We're trying to invest and honestly we are just you failed. You almost at it and so crazy. That would have gone crazy if I teed it up perfect. God damn it.
Speaker 1: He can cut the fat off the front. If he cares about you, he'll do it all.
Speaker 2: Right, because I'm going to be in bed thinking about that at night. Yeah. No, you just know. I know you fucked up. Is that retaliation for the topless picture? I get it? I am just I gotta go. Oh man, Langston, do you want to tell the people where you're gonna be at? More cool things you're going on?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You you can follow me at Langston Kerman on all social media platforms and uh and you can see me on tour with David. It's to start the Steal tour. I believe this episode is right before the tour kicks off, the release and we are fucking pumped. D C than Detroit, the.
Speaker 2: Detroit, come out, don't think about it, come out, Bring everybody you love bring some people you hate.
Speaker 1: Detroit stopped playing with us. Come on, Mel Mitchell, Mel Mitchell's gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Leah Vernon's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: It's an insane lineup of folks. It's going to be a very good time. We would like for you to be there. Please come out more importantly, not more importantly, but the entire tour is going to be crazy. So if you don't live in Detroit, Chicago, or DC, there's plenty of opportunities to come see us, and we want to see you out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly what you got? Cool guy jokes eighty seven on Instagram, Patreon, dot com, backslash, David Bori D A v I, D G B O r I E. Go on there. It's like sixty five videos. Now you could buy my special Birth of a Nation. It's very funny. And then, yeah, come see us on tour. Oh. Also October twenty fourth through twenty seventh, I'm going to be its rooster T Feathers in sunny Vale, California, working on this new hour that is there. All right, I'm gonna talk to you for an hour. Yeah, some of it good, some of it untested. That's okay. You'll get the testing. Well yeah, that's all I got.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, as always you can you you should send us your drops, your own conspiracies if you want to tell us how we can we can find some investors for our Vintie pack. Send it all to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you by the merch like subscribe. Oh we've been talking about this. Well, listen, we David and I are not social media experts. We we we since we are we are just two funny gentlemen who are not particularly good at the Internet but try our best every day. But we at my mama told me, along with the folks at Big Money Players, are making a new concerted effort to transform our relationship with social media. We are going to have more consistent video both on the Instagram, on the YouTube, on TikTok. All the shit is about to transform around here and we want your help. So subscribe, like do all the things, rate, review, and tune in. Every Tuesday and Thursday, the episodes are released, and then every Wednesday and Friday you're gonna see the videos on YouTube and they're gonna be gorgeous videos. Crisp Crisp videos where you can see all the horrific things we say and do with each other. So send that go check it out, enjoy. If you're a person that likes to watch, it's available. If you're a person that prefers to listen, that's also available. We would love to engage with you, and most importantly, by the merch like to get great review Buy tickets by your mam and I's Christmas gift. Bye bitch, We don't know. Wait, it sucks, This fucking sucks. My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Created and hosted by Langston Krek, co hosted by David Bori. Executive produced by Will Farrell, Hansani and Olivia Akilon. Co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 1: Edited and engineered by Justin Kahmmon, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Dogon Kriga.
Speaker 1: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel