Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast.
Speaker 1: I wanted to thank you for joining us today. Hope this inspires you. Hope it builds your faith. Hope it gives your perspective to see God is moving in your life. Enjoy the message.
Speaker 3: If you're grateful for Jesus Old Pentecost Sunday, why don't you take about five seconds and give Jesus, not me, not the worship leader. I'm talking about Jesus of Nazareth, the King of kings and the Lord of lords. Jehovah, Shirah, the provider. Come on, the one that saw you when nobody else saw you, the one that pulls you up when nobody else can.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jesus, Thank you, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning, Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Charles, and I'm just grateful this morning. I'm trying to be honest with you. I'm trying not to act the fool up here, Donna let the jacket fool you. I grew up Bowling Green, Kentucky. My dad was the pastor ten people and somebody start playing see zeke. When I grew up, they would start singing about the blood of Jesus. Now I can't. I don't know where you at, but where when I grew up they start talking about the blood of Jesus that Zeke, now can you This might just be for me, But there was a song that my dad used to play on the way to church every single morning that would talk that the blood of Jesus would never lose its power?
Speaker 1: Does Zeke you know this?
Speaker 3: It reads check now this is the part right here to theish ches.
Speaker 4: Come on, somebody indeed, floosh to theh come on singing church.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, come on God, blood that gives me?
Speaker 1: Come on to God. Will Here's.
Speaker 3: All right, one last time, Come on, give Jesus a shot of praise. You can grab your seat this morning, Grab a seat. I want to take a moment to welcome everybody watching online, all the campuses around the world. Ephan, we love you so much. I am grateful to be here this morning. I said it earlier, but my name is Charles Henry Metcalf the third, just so my mama would be grateful that I share that with you. And I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma, part of an amazing church out there called Transformation church with the one of the best lead pastors in the world, my friend, Pastor Michael Todd, And I am grateful to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can give it up.
Speaker 3: He's an amazing I'm grateful to be here this morning. Before we jump into the world, I have to take a moment just to say how grateful and honored I am to be here. How grateful I am for your pastor's Pastor Steven and Pastor Holly. Can we take a moment and honor them? Thank you so much for this moment. I'm very grateful. I don't take it lightly, and I am excited to share this moment. I said that earlier. But I am a church kid. I grew up in church my whole life. Every Sunday, every day the doors were open, we was up in there shouting, yelling, and screaming. And by we, I mean my dad and the other eight people who were related to us, and the two first time guests we had every single week. But I just I love the church. I don't think there's anywhere else you should be on a Sunday morning, anything else worth giving your life to, anything else worth raising your family in. It's near and dear to my heart. Speaking of family, I do have one of those greatest things in my life. I got to start off with the most amazing woman in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh, there go my babies.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I'll introduce you to my mixed family here. So I have Arlow Phoenix, my son sitting on the ground there, and then the white girl picking.
Speaker 1: Her nose that is Luna Rose.
Speaker 3: And then we go back light skin again, so you know what I'm saying. We went back and forth. We got tan white, tan white. But so we me all try to figure out. I'm Puerto Rican, I'm half black, half white. I can't speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get that out the way.
Speaker 3: But Jade October and then blonde hair, blue eyes in my wife's arm is Blue Sunday.
Speaker 1: We call her Sonny.
Speaker 3: And then the amazing queen in the middle is the queen of our home, Abbey Rose. That's the love of my life last ten years. So that's my amazing family. I love you, kiddos. If you're watching, listen.
Speaker 1: To La la.
Speaker 3: Okay, we gotta hand out instructions. Okay, we're gonna jump into the word today. I am grateful for this moment. If you got your bibles, go ahead and grab them, pull them out. We're gonna be in the Book of Galatians. In the Book of Galatians is where we're gonna be. Favorite book of the Bible I can't even lie to you is Galatians. If you're looking to jump into reading scripture, a good place to start. I think this is amazing and uh yeah, this is just a beautiful moment. I'm gonna read five verses and then we're gonna share for just a moment.
Speaker 1: If you got to say I got it.
Speaker 3: If you don't say hold up, okay, if you of y'all little slow s, all right, shout out, who got a real Bible? Put a punch your real Bibles in the air wave. I'm like, you just don't care. That's what I'm talking about. Come on, if you had to charge your Bible, I'm not mad at you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I just hope it don't die when you need it most. Okay, here we go. Gas chapter number one, starting in verse ten, says this, Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servants. I gotta stop right there, but I gotta keep going. Okay, Okay, dear brothers and sisters want to I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning. I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me.
Speaker 1: Instead, I received it by direct revelation of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: You know what I was like when I followed the Jewish religion, how violently I persecuted God's Church.
Speaker 1: I did my best to destroy it.
Speaker 3: I was far ahead of my fellow Jews in my zeal for the tradition of my ends, Verse number fifteen, the most dangerous piece of literature you will hear today. But even before I was born, God chose me, and he called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal his son to me, so I would proclaim the good news about Jesus to the gentiles. You're taking notes. Write down the title of my sermon at the top. You definitely should take notes. It's like a fast pass. When you get to Heaven, you show them your notes. They put you in the short line. Can wave everybody as you go by top of your notes, title of my sermon three words. God chose me. God chose me. Let's pray together. Dear Lord, we thank you for choosing us. You didn't have to. As a matter of fact, you had reasons to look over us. But in your grace and your kindness and in your mercy, Lord, you chose us. And so I pray this morning, and we will be reminded of that truth. It's in the beautiful name of Jesus we pray. And everybody said, a men, you.
Speaker 1: Got to see the picture. I have four beautiful children.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's a lot of things people don't warn you about when you have kids.
Speaker 1: You know, they they just they see you doing it, and it's just they just let you do it. You know what I'm saying. Some of y'all you be seeing young people. They're like, we're gonna have some kids. You're like, oh, that's so sweet, go ahead do it. You don't give them any prep, no warning.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of stuff you got to just figure out as you go.
Speaker 1: And all our kids are close together.
Speaker 3: We have a six year old, a four year old, a three year old, and a two year old, so we.
Speaker 1: Had to waste no time.
Speaker 3: So but a beautiful thing about raising children is one of the responsibilities I felt is as their dad, there was some things about them that I wanted them to know that are true about the Metcalf family before they went out into the world trying to discover some things about who they were, or who they should be, or who they should be trying to please or impress. I, as their father, wanted to decide some things for them so they wouldn't have to wait to discover them.
Speaker 1: So what we did as a.
Speaker 3: Family is we created our Metcalf Confessions. We say these every single morning, and my son Arlo, who loves to tell his sisters what to do, particularly likes to take.
Speaker 1: Charge in the morning.
Speaker 3: But the Metcalfs, every single day we wake up and say this. Metcalfs carry peace and purpose, kindness and compassion, boldness and bravery and loving lights.
Speaker 1: We added at the end of it.
Speaker 3: My kids would all scream because God chose me at the end.
Speaker 1: But we'll get to that later.
Speaker 3: But what I did with these confessions is I realized that there was something they need to hear every single day to not be informed by their situation, but so they could inform their situation who they were. I didn't want to raise kids who are going out into the world looking for the world to tell them who they were looking for, their friends, to tell them who they were looking for the situation. I wanted them to show up into a chaotic situation and say, I carry peace.
Speaker 1: So in the name of Jesus, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what's going on in here, but Metcals carry peace. That's who we are, it's what we do. I am not subject to the atmosphere. The atmosphere is subject to the God on the inside of me. So when we walk up in the room, purpose is in the room, because Jesus is in the room. I decided it for them. Now, it's easy to acknowledge the importance of a confession to a six' five four and two year, old and the importance of those.
Speaker 1: Things BUT i want to.
Speaker 3: Submit to you this morning that whether you recognize it or, not there are some confessions that you believe and you confess every single. Day and here's the tension with a. Confession whether or not it is, true, right or the most powerful, thing you will always reap the effects of your.
Speaker 1: Confession this is you.
Speaker 3: Ever seen those documentaries On netflix where the police be pressuring people and they didn't even do, nothing and they just lock them in the room for ten days and they're, like you, Know sammy's over there talking and they're, Like, sammy what you?
Speaker 1: SAY i don't, know, man you got anything you need to tell?
Speaker 3: Me and they won't confess to something they know they didn't.
Speaker 1: Do just because the pressure of the.
Speaker 3: Situation the confession seems like it'll get them out of the.
Speaker 1: Moment and what, happens they reap.
Speaker 3: The effects of that, confession whether or.
Speaker 1: Not it is. True the same is true in your.
Speaker 3: Life there are confessions that we, say that we believe that we, say maybe not out loud to, everybody but really the most powerful confessions happen up. Here psychologists will tell you that the voice in your, head you know that, VOICE i know you don't some of y'all may talk to.
Speaker 1: Yourself you look, Crazy it's all, Right we glad you. Here also call at the end for everybody who talks to.
Speaker 3: Themselves but psychologists will tell us that the voice in your, head no matter positive or, negative it originates either from your, father your, mother or the lack. Thereof so there's confessions that start in your, mind that voice that tells you you're not good. Enough you heard that, somewhere you saw that, Somewhere you had an experience somewhere that told you that that was, true and so at first you didn't know what to do with. It but then life situation started to inform that, belief and you started to believe it so much that now every time you go to try something, new there's only one confession that comes. Up you're not good.
Speaker 1: Enough nobody cares about.
Speaker 3: YOU a life experience happened when you were a child where you felt overlooked or.
Speaker 1: Undervalued and so now anytime you.
Speaker 3: Go to risk the take the risk of, relationship every time you go to step, out there's a belief in your heart and there's a confession that comes out that nobody cares about, you nobody sees. You you have to work to be. Seen you're only as valuable as what you can. Do all things you may not articulate out, loud but we know it's true by the way we live. Now the power of confession is not Something i'm making up. Today in, fact The bible would tell you In romans chapter, ten verse nine that the most insane, miracle the most powerful transformative moment In the life of a believer happens because of a belief and a. Confession The bible says In romans ten to, nine if you believe in your heart and confess with your Mouth Jesus's, lord.
Speaker 1: You shall be.
Speaker 3: Saved so if a belief and confession is sealing your, eternity what are you think is.
Speaker 1: Doing to you every single?
Speaker 3: Day what do you think those thoughts that live in your mind unchecked are doing to your?
Speaker 1: Confidence what do you think though thoughts.
Speaker 3: That just Ravage you've tried, before and now time and time, again you failed so much that you believe it's better.
Speaker 1: To not try than to try and.
Speaker 3: Fail when you slowly start to believe stuff about, yourself and maybe it didn't or originate with a family, member maybe it wasn't a parent or a. Coach you, see there's a moment in all of our lives where we can't remember who the voice, is but now it sounds like our own and it's all you, know it's all you, think it's all you, see it's how you.
Speaker 1: Operate and no matter how old you, are we all have.
Speaker 3: Some beliefs about ourselves that keep us from being Who god wanted us to. Be what do you believe about? YOURSELF a better, question how do you talk to? You IF i was to put your daily dialogue up on this screen and the thoughts that you, say would it be something you would want somebody saying to your? Kids would it be something that you wanted to? Replicate for many of, us the truth is it's not the, case because we're hard on ourselves and we don't give ourselves, grace and we feel, like, dangy you should be further by, now or you should know better by, now or you should have more money by, now or, see you're not like, them and see you're never going to be, That and, slowly but, surely we talk ourselves out of the same power that Raised christ from the, dead that lives on the inside of, us and we slowly shrink, back and we slowly, settle and we settle for a version of our self that is accepted by other, people but they don't know What god put on the inside of. You so you can pretend like everything is, Fine you can settle for a level that everybody else applause, for but you are the only one who knows what you had to give up to be that version of. Yourself and there's things That god wants you to. Do there's things that you know you're supposed to. Do there's differences you're supposed to make in your. Family there's things that you Know he's put on the inside of, you but somewhere deep, down you don't.
Speaker 1: Believe you don't know if you can do. IT i. Relate there's a moment in scripture THAT i.
Speaker 3: Love there's this father and he comes To jesus and he's Asking jesus to heal his. Daughter and he says the most powerfully honest. Thing he, says you, Know, god can you please help? Me And jesus, says anything is possible if you, believe and he responds in tears and. Agony he, SAYS i do, believe but help me with my. Unbelief many of, you there's a part of you that Believes god could use. You there's a part of you that believes that you're. Important there's a part of you that believes That god shows. You there's a part of you that believes you're the.
Speaker 1: Parent for those.
Speaker 3: Kids but at the exact same, time there's another part of you that doesn't know if you have what it takes to be the Father you didn't. Have there's a part of you that doesn't know if you can continue with the pressure of raising those. Kids there's a part of you that doesn't know if you deserve the. Promotion there's a part of you that doesn't know because you know. YOU i was standing back there on the side as they sang that SONG i can't. ZEEK i was, Like, yo the tag at the, end you gotta sing that last little. Tag i've come a long, way because that's the whole, song, man.
Speaker 1: If you don't say that. Part and SO i was going back and. Forth he was, like, yes let's do. It So i'm standing.
Speaker 3: THERE i was about to walk, out AND i went to take one step and it Said i've come a long, way AND i broke down into tears BECAUSE i know.
Speaker 1: Me you may not know, me BUT i know.
Speaker 3: Me and the worst thing we could do as believers is get spiritual amnesia on where he brought you. FROM i know we's sitting up in here On Pentecost, sunday and you got your good makeup, on and you got some nice clothes. On but do not get twisted where he had to go to find. YOU i don't need everybody but my Friend shaye. Nowhere he had to come to find. Me he came and found me WHEN i was broken and. Depressed and IF i forget, That i'll stop believing some stuff about. Myself some of y'all you don't struggle with belief in this. Way some of y'all, Think, MAN i pulled myself up by my. BOOTSTRAPS i got me. Here it was hard work and commitment and. Dedication, okay, okay yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah you. Good but you ain't that. GOOD i hate to break it to.
Speaker 3: YOU i know your mama told you you could do, anything And.
Speaker 1: God has has done something for. YOU i want to.
Speaker 3: Give you today a belief and a confession THAT i know for a fact has the power to radically transform your everyday. Life it comes from this Scripture glatians one point. FIFTEEN i love this scripture Because, paul he's talking very disrespectfully in the.
Speaker 1: Scripture to be honest with. You he starts off in verse, Ten he's, like, uh, OBVIOUSLY i don't care what you.
Speaker 3: Think it kind of starts off as like a disc, track you, Know LIKE i, say he's getting on the beef Of kendrick And.
Speaker 1: Drake he's Like, hey, YO i want some of. This.
Speaker 3: Hey, now the context why he comes in so strong is Because paul's kind of. Random he's kind of off the, scene like they already had their, crew they agreed upon people who was, there we Saw jesus were doing the. Thing then this guy who used to Kill christians comes.
Speaker 1: In it's, like, HEY i got something.
Speaker 3: Saying they're like hey, brother uh real, quick somebody pat him.
Speaker 1: Down, hey bartholow me where you at? Go just? Check come, on you, guys Sacrifice. Bartholomew if it's all gonna do, Something you're, Like, bartholome you get in, there, man you got. It he's, like, WELL i don't even. Know paul's, like, yeah go.
Speaker 3: Ahead but the truth is there suspect about the origins of his. Message their suspect if he's qualified. Enough and at the, time the way you acknowledge someone's authority and power is you asked who taught them what they. Know so if you were connected to a disciple who walked With, jesus then you were, Affirmed then you were, approved then you were allowed to do and be a part of the. Way paul comes in on some different energy and he's, like, hey just so you, know ain't nobody give me, this didn't no human come and teach. Me didn't nobody walk me through their classes and their master. Class didn't nobody come check on. Me god found me in the middle of the. Road And i'm not worried about what you think about, me And i'm not trying to impress. You he. Says this message isn't of human. ORIGIN i got it directly From jesus. HIMSELF i can just imagine the. Reader they're, like, dang, okay, Okay i'm SAYING i ain't mad at, You. Paul most powerful words he says at the end is he, says BEFORE i was, Born.
Speaker 1: God chose. Me now this confession is. DANGEROUS i have to warn.
Speaker 3: You if you want your life to say the, same and you want to just stay and live a very, comfortable safe, life do not mess.
Speaker 1: With these three.
Speaker 3: Words but if you want to find yourself connected to the origins of this, movement the movement that they tried to stop when the boy was two years, old but they couldn't stop the. Movement they tried to stop when they tried to kill him at thirty, three but they couldn't stop the. Movement they tried to stop when they tried to kill all his, friends.
Speaker 1: And they couldn't stop the.
Speaker 3: Movement they tried to stop when they hung on as friends upside, down and they couldn't stop the. Movement they tried to stop when they start Feeding christians to, lions and they couldn't. Stop if you want to be part of the origin of your, faith that, says even if you throw us in the, fire we will not bow. Down if you want to find yourself walking like the early origins of The christian, faith you can start to believe in your heart and confess with your. Mouth god chose. Me didn't nobody else put me in this. Moment didn't nobody else get me? Here it was the grace and mercy Of Jesus. Christ god put me in this. Moment didn't nobody else give me these? Kids wasn't nobody else gonna be able to let me get that? Job god put me here for a. Reason some of you need to find a source of confidence that is not rooted in what you can, do how much money you, have what you can't. Achieve i'm not mad at you at being confident in those.
Speaker 1: Things as a matter of, fact you need some of those.
Speaker 3: Things as a, kid you get some of your confidence from your. Family you get it from your. Parents All i'm saying, is at some point they run. Out at some, point somebody got more money than. You at some point there's a human that lets you. Down but if you can find your confidence in the fact That god shows, you That god puts you, there that he used, everybody but ultimately he's getting the, glory there's something that happens in your. Spirit there's a confidence that starts to rise. Up there's a boldness that starts to rise.
Speaker 1: Up there is an.
Speaker 3: Answer to every single question you find yourself. In how AM i gonna make? IT i don't, know But god chose. Me how AM i gonna raise these? KIDS i don't, know But god shose. Me How i'm gonna start this? BUSINESS i don't. Know god chose. Me How i'm gonna be who he called me to, be even THOUGH i didn't have an.
Speaker 1: EXAMPLE i don't.
Speaker 3: Know But he placed me, here So he might have put something on the inside of.
Speaker 1: Me everybody, Say god chose. Me look at your.
Speaker 3: Neighbor say, NEIGHBOR i don't know about.
Speaker 1: You But god chose. Me look at your other.
Speaker 3: Neighbor find your second, choice that other neighbor that you didn't choose for some. Reason we don't got to talk about, it but, say, Neighbor.
Speaker 1: I'm SORRY i didn't pick you.
Speaker 3: FIRST i was just Reminded god chose.
Speaker 1: Me, hey, friend listen more.
Speaker 3: On some of y'all starting to feel that thing because you have lived your life questioning who you, were wondering if you had the permission to be Who god called you to, be waiting on someone in your family to let you be who you know you're supposed to. Be it's time to stop waiting on everybody. Else no one else is. Coming you are here right, now And god puts something on the inside of you that the world. Needs everybody, Say god chose. Me i'm telling, you. Friend people are waiting on you to remember. This they're waiting on you to believe. This they're waiting on you to show. Up how you would show up if you truly believed every single thing in your. Life he placed you there for a. Reason your family is not an. Accident god shows you to be in that. Family you didn't just happen to end up In. Charlotte some of you are, like, NO i did actually happen TO i don't even live.
Speaker 1: Here All i'm submitting this morning is what if.
Speaker 3: You adjusted how you look at all the stuff you're praying to get out, of all the stuff you spent time, singing and you were thinking, Of, yeah he's not, done because he's gonna get me out like. That MAYBE i hope he does that for. You you don't be doing that for me and my wife on the.
Speaker 1: Regular but what he often. Does here's What i've.
Speaker 3: Discovered if you don't allow him to be with you and keep you in, it you never find out what's truly on the inside of. You some of you don't know how brave you are, yet because every time you are faced with a situation that did not go your way and you feel overwhelmed by you start praying to get, out or you just leave or move around or quit on the. Relationship but there's something you could find out on the inside of you if you decided to stay and. BELIEVE i know this is, HARD i know this is. Difficult this is not at all HOW i would have planned it to. Go But god chose me to be, here SO i Believe he's gonna make me in. It he's gonna strengthen. Me he's gonna show me SOMETHING i didn't know about. Myself you have no, idea some of you have no idea how faithful you can.
Speaker 1: Be you've made, mistakes you've, fallen.
Speaker 3: You've, cheated and you think that one moment sums up the entirety of Who god made you to.
Speaker 1: Be but what if.
Speaker 3: The fact that you've made a mistake does not disqualify the fact That he did choose. You the enemy will work so hard for you to Fin this is all he's. After you, know this right for you to feel like you were. OVERLOOKED i, mean what's the most awkward moment in a sixth grader.
Speaker 1: Life let's let's talk about. It where your true trauma?
Speaker 3: Started Heart ever by, lineup we're playing kickball Billion, sam y'all are, captains.
Speaker 1: And what do you?
Speaker 3: Start you, Say Dear, god if you do anything in my, life do not let me get picked.
Speaker 1: Last.
Speaker 3: LORD i will kick this. KID i, WILL i, WILL i will serve for on a. Team i'll go into your old. Room, God i'll do whatever.
Speaker 1: You need me to.
Speaker 3: Do Why because the idea that you weren't, chosen the idea of being overlooked in front of. Everybody it's just too it's too. Much and this is why you you may relate to, me this is why you start creating different versions of.
Speaker 1: Yourself, oh come, on let's talk about. It you got to. Work you how y'all?
Speaker 3: Doing? Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah how you? Doing? Bill you got a weird laugh and. Everything it's, like it's, like what was?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Bro that? Was it's. Crazy you got to.
Speaker 3: Work you got when you're out with your, Friends you got the person that you are when you're with your. Spouse now some of y'all be, like oh, No i'm all myself with the. Spouse are you really? Though because there's still some. Thoughts you're worried if you told them what you were really, thinking if you told them how you really. Felt here's your, question would anyone choose all of? Me it's not you don't believe someone would choose some of. You you got friends that know parts of, You you got business partners.
Speaker 1: That chose part of.
Speaker 3: You but you're worried IF i show you all of, me IF i ADMIT i don't really know What i'm doing And i've been in this field for twenty, years if i Admit i'm not really. Competent if you admit to your teenager you don't really know what you're. Doing some of y'all got a whole. Testimony your kids don't. Know now you're up in church saying you're, LIKE i, know but for about forty, years you're just lucky we didn't Have instagram and TikTok back. Then that's a something you are, like the world's so. Bad no you we just see what they. Doing we couldn't see you out there on them. Streets but do not get it. Twisted you was out. There, okay the music was a little, different but you was still you know What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying so, anyways but we're gonna have to talk about. It i'm gonna give you three quick things that. Happened if you would dare to believe That god chose, YOU.
Speaker 3: I say dare to, believe because in order to believe, this you're gonna have to wage war and some other. Beliefs you're gonna have to actively fight against the version of you that shrinks. Back the people, Pleasing, oh come, on some of. Us the people pleasing is. Hereditary you were, raised, well don't do.
Speaker 1: That we don't want to make them feel. Weird we don't want them to feel.
Speaker 3: Like AND i understand the sentiment and how you feel about What god gave me is not my. Issue i'm not gonna go there. Yet some of y'all don't even know what to do with. That, Okay three things you Believe god shows. You the first thing if you Believe god shows you is.
Speaker 1: It keeps you. Ready keeps you ready when.
Speaker 3: You find yourself in a space where you Know god chose. ME i am ready for anything at any. TIME a funny story me and my wife in our first year of. Marriage i've been obsessed with clothes SINCE i was a little kid, like AND i mean in a way THAT i would pick my outfits out every single day the night, before starting at like seven or eight years, old And i've been doing this for a whole. Life it's wild to See, jade the third little, girl the little light skinned, girl she do that to this, day four years, old and she wake.
Speaker 1: Up she's, like all, right let me see.
Speaker 3: What she only wears her brother's baggy pants and her younger sister's crop.
Speaker 1: Top i'm like crop top at four con, man just give me some.
Speaker 3: Time there was a moment with my wife where one time we were getting, ready AND i already had my fit picked, out so it was, like, bo when we gotta. GO i got, Ready i'm sitting on the. Couch then my wife's gonna take an extra, hour.
Speaker 1: You, know just doing our.
Speaker 3: Thing then she gonna come out and say This ready when you? Are, hey, YO i don't know who you are talking. To ready WHEN I i, ooh, okay some of y'a ain't never been that mad where you just start LIKE i have Who, okay let me.
Speaker 1: Let me real quick before YOU i have been. Ready you're not.
Speaker 3: Ready Now i'm ready when you, are CAUSE i have Been, okay we can go. Now the truth is many of us in our life we pray prayers that If god came right now and, said all, right let's, Go, god if you could just use, me if you could make a, difference for all, right pack up you, stuff quit that.
Speaker 1: Job let's.
Speaker 3: Go we're gonna move across the. Country i've been planning something. There your whole life has led to this, moment and you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna start that.
Speaker 3: Nonprofit come, on but you gotta. Go you got five months to get, ready SO i need you to work it all. Out let's. Go you'd be, like, uh, well the way my bank account is set, UP i need three. Days are you ready for the prayer you're praying right? Now are you ready for him To, actually there's, prayers there's habits you, have there's things you've been doing that you've been Begging. God, god if you could please do this and, me if you could help me break that, addiction if you could mend this, relationship if.
Speaker 1: You could help me. Forgive Then god come to.
Speaker 3: You and you're at the family event And god's, like go. Forgiven right, Now you're, like, hey, yo that's not exactly the. Timing but when you Know god chose, you when you know the grace he's extended to, you when he Knows he's empowers you for every single, moment you can stand in any, situations things you saw and you didn't see, coming and you can, say you know, WHAT i didn't see this, coming But god chose. Me So i'm. Ready i'm ready for where he wants to take. Me i'm ready for him where he wants me to. Go Because god chose me for this. Moment life isn't just happening at. Me this isn't some random thing THAT i just have to suffer and survive. Through what If god wants you to thrive through that? Moment what if you're. READY i know you don't feel, ready but what if you. Are what if it builds something on the inside of you haven't seen.
Speaker 1: Yet what if you're stronger than you think you. Are what, if.
Speaker 3: As joseph, says he, says you, know my, brothers they had a plan and they meant it for, Evil But god he meant it for my. Goods he's working something in. Me, FRIEND i want to tell. YOU i know you didn't have your family, there But god chose. YOU i know you feel like you're trying to do something you've never seen, before But god shows. YOU i know like you feel like this is your home and you don't know where you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Go BUT i promise you.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 1: On that made me feel at.
Speaker 3: HOME i don't know who that was that, Y'ah, god thank you for.
Speaker 1: THAT i don't know who that. Was i've out hit a my leg went. Up, okay give me the. Organ. Okay keeps you, ready.
Speaker 3: A ready, spirit ready to step into What god Has because here's the, Thing because what keeps us honestly from being ready to go Where god wants to take us is thinking that we've worked too hard to get. Here you've put in too much, Effort you've done so. MUCH i Got but when you start to Realize god put me. HERE i worked, HARD i did my, THING i was. Faithful but the truth Is he put me. Here and my trust is not in how HARD i can. Work it's not in my good, plan it's Not my trust is in the king who can move. Mountains my trust is in the one who can make a way through the. Sea so if he's telling me it's time to, GO i don't know everything, else BUT i KNOW i cannot stay.
Speaker 1: Here i'm.
Speaker 3: Ready the next thing that happens when you Believe god shows you is it keeps you. Ridiculous now let me just so before you before you, GO i know some of us are a little more inclined to being. RIDICULOUS i would follow in that. Category she said me. Too you can always tell us to. Hour we just have more trauma the. People so we be showing up a little bit loud or just like y'all didn't see me as a, kid but you gonna see me. Now it's, Like, okay that's why we're, loud don't worry about, it.
Speaker 1: But it keeps you.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous here's here's here's WHAT i want to submit to, you the origins of our, faith the faith that we follow as somehow made this transition from its original. Message and here's WHAT i mean by, that the origins.
Speaker 1: Of why we are in this. Room the person.
Speaker 3: We, follow the king that we, serve is a man who was murdered at thirty three years old for the words he. Said he was not just a good, teacher he was not just a kind. Man he was murdered as a. Radical he was murdered as someone came attacking the current belief system and. Structure and then his friends believed him so much that they, SAID i will not deny who he is in my. LIFE i saw him go in that grave AND i saw him come. Out there was a, boldness there was a, Courage there was a faith THAT i am.
Speaker 1: Afraid somehow along the, way.
Speaker 3: In BETWEEN covid and being, canceled we have somehow gotten afraid of the message That god put on the inside of. Us but, FRIEND i need to tell you. Something this message only works if you commit all the. Way there are a lot of believers who are just worried about you, KNOW i just need to Just god just to help me make it. Through and IF i could just, survive and if the kids just cond of meet someone, nice and if they just AND i don't know about, you But i'm not here to settle with my. Savior i'm not here to barter with the. World IF i can make it, through If god Raised christ from the, dead and that power lives on the inside of, me how come you don't show up like it at? Work how what is it in you that keeps you from stepping? Out, WELL i don't want to look. Weird let me tell, you, baby you already look. Weird so we passed that. Point you ain't gotta we pass. THAT i mean we're talking about somebody you ain't never seen.
Speaker 1: Before you, say here lifting your.
Speaker 3: Hands so just we just in a, room singing up into the.
Speaker 1: Sky we passed. WEIRD i, mean if.
Speaker 3: You want to go down that, Argument i'll go with. You but we passed that. Point there reaches a point in your life where you've got to decide Either jesus was real or he. Wasn't either he came about that grave or he. Didn't AND i don't know about, you But i'm up in this room today BECAUSE i Believe jesus Of. Nazareth he is a real. Man he was not just a.
Speaker 1: Man he Is.
Speaker 3: God and one, day, friend he's coming back.
Speaker 1: From me and you some don't live Like god chose.
Speaker 3: Me i'm raising kids that aren't here to settle with. Culture i'm raising kids that are gonna be a terror on the. Enemy i'm raising kids that's gonna know who they. Are i'm not playing. Games i'm not backing up from. Nothing why Because god brought me. Here some of us has settled so, much and then we blame the, church commit, halfway walk in a, gym look at the, weights and then talk about.
Speaker 1: It that's WHY i don't do, gyms because they just.
Speaker 3: DON'T i had one trainer and they REALLY i feel, you, Okay.
Speaker 1: But this belief overthrew the Entire roman government without one class or.
Speaker 3: Course it was a group of people who really Believed jesus was a real. MAN i saw him with my own, eyes AND i can't start denying what he did in my. Life one of my favorite scripts of all. Time it's In acts chapter. Five the believers are being persecuted and there's this committee of, people and they're, like what are we gonna do with?
Speaker 1: Them because we're trying to.
Speaker 3: Kill, them but we know the people are kind of with their, message and what are we going to? Do and there's this man who stands, up respected by all in the, room and he, says, hey, listen, guys if the message they carry is of human, origin it'll.
Speaker 1: Fizzle out like every single.
Speaker 3: One we've seen this happen. Before but then he says these, words but if it is From, god.
Speaker 1: You will not be able to stop these.
Speaker 3: Men in, fact you might find yourself fighting Against god. Himself let me tell you. Something you don't have to be afraid of the. World you don't have to be afraid of the. Situation there's something in you that's greater than. That you have a source of. Strength everybody else don't. Have you have a source of peace everybody else don't. Have god chose, You he brought you. Here you didn't get yourself. Here come, on hoo wee, Kid.
Speaker 1: And let's be. Honest we Didn't we didn't do. This you didn't work this. Out you couldn't Have you couldn't have found you couldn't have wrote it any. Better god did. This and if it's, True let's live like it's.
Speaker 3: True if it's, real let's take it outside of this. Room if it's gonna do, something let's actually share it with our.
Speaker 1: FRIENDS i, mean why do we do?
Speaker 3: It when you Believe god shows, You it keeps you, Ready it keeps you.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous the last one is it keeps You REVEREND.
Speaker 3: I i was talking to my dad on the way, here.
Speaker 1: And he told me something.
Speaker 3: About two or three months ago THAT i didn't, know and it was that five generations, back The metcalf men have been. Preachers AND i was standing up here AND i was about to walk, out AND i was thinking of a man Named Jack. Alonzo you don't Know Jack alonzo Because Jack alonzo was born in like eighteen, forty but he was a. Preacher and THEN i was thinking of a man Named Luther. Alonzo you don't Know, luther But luther was a. Preacher AND i was thinking, that you, know it's not just me standing up. Here there was Some, metcalfs AND i got to just say, it to be honest with, you that we're out in a field somewhere as life did not look good and did not look, hopeful and they stood there, Saying, HEY i know it looks hard right. NOW i know it doesn't look like things can turn, around BUT i promise you we have a greater hope than what we see in front of us. Friends and you know this message Of god chose, me there's part of it that is super just confident and, bold and you Know god chose. You so you show up in the room and you're ready to kick the door, down.
Speaker 1: And you're ready to just be, like let's.
Speaker 3: Go and at the same, time there's a part of me that stands right here and it's Just reverend BECAUSE i Know he didn't have to put me up, here Right And i'm not talking about up, Here i'm just talking about WHAT i woke up this morning AND i, went he didn't have to do, that or, like owing to me and my wife's, marriage we WOULD i say this, JOKE i, said for our, marriage we've only had one. Argument and WHAT i mean by that is we've had the same argument a thousand, times of, course but at some point early on in our. Marriage we've worked through this, now but at some point earlier in our, marriage we would beat your point AND i would just be, like, okay.
Speaker 1: Sorry she'd be like, WELL i don't believe. You i'm, like, okay, Sorry.
Speaker 3: And at some point she would, Say, charles that's not what you're, saying.
Speaker 1: Is how you're saying. It and there's a part of you that sometimes you need to wake up and Scream god chose. You but there's other times where you're just, LIKE i know Everything i've been, THROUGH i know a lot of people have been praying for this.
Speaker 3: MOMENT i know HE'S i didn't always have the ANSWERS i, remember But god chose. Me and So, GOD i thank you for this. MOMENT i thank you that you're gonna help me raise these. KIDS i thank you that you're gonna guide me to WHERE i need to. Go, GOD i thank you that you're gonna be with me this guy.
Speaker 1: And. FRIEND i DON'T.
Speaker 3: I don't want to sell you on some idea that if you just start walking around your house Yelling.
Speaker 1: God chose, you that everything's gonna.
Speaker 3: Change BUT i can promise you you start to find yourself relating To there's a scripture where it lists all the heroes of our faith and it says they looked.
Speaker 1: Onward to a heavenly. Homeland you Believe god chose.
Speaker 3: You it produces something inside of you that is not so connected to this. Moment but you find yourself finding a courage and a bravery to live a life that's, ready that's a little, ridiculous, ridiculous and one that's reverent almost everybody in the.
Speaker 1: Room the balrier has enclosed your. EYES i want to pray.
Speaker 3: For you if you're in this, room and maybe there are some, beliefs some, thoughts some, questions some, insecurities and you've been fighting for a long.
Speaker 1: Time maybe you don't say them out. Loud maybe you know, them maybe you're.
Speaker 3: Not maybe there's just something in you you know you haven't stepped in fully. YET i want to take a moment AND i want to pray for. You i'm not just gonna pray for, you, Though i'm gonna ask something of.
Speaker 1: You i'm gonna ask you to.
Speaker 3: Be bold enough to not let those thoughts run up in your house. Unchecked if someone walked up to your house right now and just walked in without asking, you you would have a problem with. It the same is true for your. Mind do not let anything run up in. There it is too, valuable it is too. Important you stand guard at The bible says guard your heart above all, Else i'm gonna ask you to. Fight you're gonna need some. Compy you don't need some friends to help you do. This you're gonna need. Something but if you want to step into a life today believing That god chose you for this, day chose you for this, hour chose you for them, kids chose you for that, business chose you to be a, husband chose you to be a, wife chose you to be single in this, season chose you to move to this a whatever it. Is if you need the, courage the, strength and the bravery to believe that, Today i'm gonna pray for, you Your god right, now every single, person we are all here asking you to do something deep in our soul that is greater than just a, Moment Lord. Jesus but we need you to transform some. Things there's some beliefs and insecurities that we've believed about. Ourselves there's some ideas that were passed down to us that we are divorcing. Today, LORD i speak against, Insecurity Lord, god and comparison and doubt and.
Speaker 1: Fear right, now in the name Of, JESUS.
Speaker 3: I pray by the power of Your Holy spirit that same spirit that met them on the day Of. Pentecost i'm believing right now is happening in this room and in every room that is under the sound of my. Voice, GOD i pray right now that your spirit would intervene and there would be a holy confidence that ris us up on the inside of every believer that knows That god has placed something inside of, them regardless of what they've been, through regardless of what they look, like regardless of where they come.
Speaker 1: From But, god there is a boldness you are stirring up on the.
Speaker 3: Inside of your, Church Lord, jesus and we decide we are here to rage war against every life of the, enemy against every doubt that's held us, back against every fear that.
Speaker 1: Has kept us.
Speaker 3: Down and today we decide we will believe that you have chosen, us every hip, bow every eye. Closed there are some of you in the room that you need to surrender to this. Choice the beautiful thing about the grace of Our god is he has chosen, you but you still have a moment where you surrender to. That he loves you so much that he, SAYS i choose, you but you just you just gotta let.
Speaker 1: Me you gotta let. Me god your. Life you gotta let me.
Speaker 3: Surrender and if you were honest with yourself this, morning everyone, watching you've tried doing it your own. Way you tried going your own. Path and the truth is you're standing in the fruit of that. Moment and if you don't like, that if you can't stand the, anxiety if you can't stand the, peace if you can't stand not having, PURPOSE i want to invite you into a.
Speaker 1: Life it's not a safe.
Speaker 3: Life it's not a life where everything goes, away but it's a life that you could only. Live surrender to The king of kings And lord of. Lords if you want to Accept Jesus christ as Your lord and.
Speaker 1: Savior here's What i'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Do i'm gonna count to, three and on the count of, three you're gonna raise your hand. Boldly you're not. Ashamed this isn't between anybody. Else but this is the moment where you give up control of your. Life it's exhausted. You let's be, honest don't play. Nobody it's exhausted. You it's taking your, peace it's taking your. Heart it's changed parts of you that you don't like. Anymore but in this, moment you're gonna surrender your life To, jesus and it's gonna be a brand new. Start and when your hand goes up in the, air this whole room and around the, world we're gonna start cheering for you because this is the greatest choice you could ever.
Speaker 1: Make. One he loves.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: Two today is that.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 1: Three raise your hand.
Speaker 3: Right, now all over this room and, online every single, room raise that. Hand, oh come on, CHURCH a whole row right, HERE a couple right. HERE i see, you so keep your hand. HOT i see, you, brother so proud of. You, oh come, on. Church can we celebrate people giving their life To?
Speaker 1: Jesus real?
Speaker 3: Quick everybody's standing all over this. ROOM i want to pray this prayer to. Everybody repeat out loud after. Me everybody Say Dear, god thank you for loving. Me Dear, JESUS i give you, Everything change, me transform.
Speaker 1: Me i'm yours In jesus.
Speaker 3: NAME i Pray. Amen can we celebrate that? Decision, oh come, On, Church.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining.
Speaker 2: Us special thanks to those of you who give generously to this. Ministry is because of you that this ministry is. Possible you can click the link in the description to give now or.
Speaker 1: Visit Elevation church dot.
Speaker 2: Org slash podcast for more information and if you enjoyed the, podcast you can.
Speaker 1: Subscribe you can share it with your.
Speaker 2: Friends you can click the share, button take a screenshot and share it on your social stories and tag us At Elevation.
Speaker 1: Church thanks again for. Listening god bless.
Speaker 3: You