Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola, and it.
Speaker 2: Is officially Eagles Week. Here inside the SWBC podcast studio at the Beautiful Star in Frisco, where we have football equipment on a football field, and in a matter of moments we'll have football players on a field.
Speaker 3: Progressive update moment, it is a beautiful day for football out.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, funny word progressive.
Speaker 3: Okay, do we want to go with the migrant now?
Speaker 5: Should we wait till later? How are we going to do this? We can get it off my chest right now.
Speaker 2: That's Mike macarthy others press conference.
Speaker 6: Yes he has Okay, where you at? Where you at the press conference?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: I I kind of had a funny.
Speaker 3: Stop. Man, it's the only way you're gonna get through it. Try it, try it.
Speaker 5: Hey, I had a question. Okay, well it was another observation. So we have an all ladies podcast, right, uh huh. I'd love to be on that that podcast.
Speaker 4: Well, well you're talking to the wrong two people.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, you know, they you know when we mix it up and be nice to sit in with the ladies and see what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Uh, because I never you know, have you never really heard the podcast.
Speaker 2: You don't have to sit in on the podcast. You can call it up and listen to it. You want to hear, you want to get a tribute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or just you know, take it in and give it out.
Speaker 4: Call in and tell tell Jazz that you got a question for them.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna listen because I've really never heard a table for the ladies talk about sports, and so yeah, it'd be very interesting.
Speaker 4: We're very progressive here with the Dallas Cowboys. We have women that do things.
Speaker 3: I know, but we never talk about it here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so i'd love.
Speaker 6: To be Okay, we'll put that request.
Speaker 3: I grew up with nothing but women anyway, so you know, i'd love.
Speaker 6: To hear in the same way.
Speaker 2: I have three sisters and I've got three dollars.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, at one point my dog was even a lady.
Speaker 2: So I've got two dogs.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, just just we're training the two dogs. There are six months. So we're training them right now to do what to just not jump. You ought to see my arm where the dog jumped on me this morning when the trainer came over teaching him play soft.
Speaker 3: It was just a thought. It's just a thought. So ladies, you know you all right?
Speaker 6: Very good?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Mickey's got a legal pad filled with all sorts of things he.
Speaker 6: Wants to talk about.
Speaker 2: And we had some player transactions that have happened.
Speaker 3: Have we met the guy yet?
Speaker 4: I think he should be here today.
Speaker 6: Jonathan Mingo is the guy.
Speaker 4: Guy and Mike did a good job of explaining what we explained, yes, okay, good which there was a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I wasn't able to listen to the press commercy that on the phone driving in.
Speaker 4: A lot of people on talk radio should have been listening to us yesterday explaining what did he explain? Well, he basically said it was a guy that they uh that you got to trust the draft process, guy that they liked, and it was an opportunity to take advantage of and so they did and they were looking at the future. It's not like this guy, as we explained yesterday, was going to save the season. And then we explained how everybody needed to understand all these other receivers that got traded got traded for less because they're thirty some years old and have baggage with a salary can and.
Speaker 2: They're only going to be with their team for the rest of this season.
Speaker 4: Yes, and there was a bunch of people on talk radio that forced me to go listen to music on the way because they didn't listen to us and they were being unreasonable. And even though one person was being reasonable and explaining it just the way we did, they don't want to hear it. So we've hit this ditch right now that anything the Cowboys do is wrong but doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Well because it's not work because whatever they're doing right now.
Speaker 4: Is not work the way everybody wants it to work.
Speaker 3: But the process you're saying is valid.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's another thing that I didn't bring up yesterday that should be brought up.
Speaker 4: I got a card to the round draft picks.
Speaker 2: Understanding the compensatory picks. I was just going to say that the Cowboys are going to have in the next draft, and it's the compensatory process is based on who you lose in free agency and their production for those teams, meaning how many games they start playing time so forth, as opposed to who you signed in free agency and what the Cowboys when you look at the lack of activity, this is unrestricted free agents that they signed, okay, and unrestricted free agents that you lose, which would include Tony Pollard. All Cowboy fans need to be rooting for Tony Pollard to be healthy all season and have a great season with the Tennessee Titans. You want Tyron Smith to be a healthy all season and do start every game for the New York Jets. Tyler Biadish with Washington, Dante Fowler, Darrence Armstrong, all those guys need to have well unless they're maybe not the Washington guys but the other.
Speaker 4: Guys Okay, but just not when you play it right, as long as long as they're playing, it's not even so much based on their stats.
Speaker 3: Waime, you've got.
Speaker 2: But you've got but you've got all of those players against and and it's factored in how many compensatory picks factored in against how much you gained an unrestricted free agency and the Cowboys gained.
Speaker 6: Kendricks, Eric Hendricks.
Speaker 4: I don't know Zeke Kendricks and Zeke were after the deadline.
Speaker 2: Right deadline in late April, and they were the only two, which is the reason that you wait until that time to sign because you're keeping in mind the compensitory.
Speaker 4: So there's a chance they could get a fourth for sure, maybe a fifth, maybe.
Speaker 2: They're likely no one, no one knows what the formula exactly is.
Speaker 6: They don't reveal that.
Speaker 2: But I would not be at all surprised if the Cowboys have three compensatory picks.
Speaker 4: Right, and that that was another thing that you needed to consider. So I can trade a fourth and you know, no one's you know, all the people that saw Jordan Phillips come in here, Oh Jordan Phillips.
Speaker 6: Right, well it's a sixth row.
Speaker 2: But here's the value of the seventh round pick that they got in this trade is you didn't take that seventh, couple it with your fifth, and you move back into the fourth.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, So yeah, exactly, and that no one looks at it that way. They just want to overreact.
Speaker 6: So the fourth round pick is nothing.
Speaker 3: So there you go, all right, feel better?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, got that off, all right? So that was first and then Micah was supposed to practice on a limited basis today said he was looking good, but they'll, you know, kind of judge how it goes and how much he does c D. They said they're going to be slow with him. He'll be with the probably the rehab group. He's not going to do much on the field. Juan Ye's probably still out concussion protocol, so he's not ready to go. And who am I forgetting.
Speaker 2: So when he was laying on the field, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they helped him walk off and then Bland still with the rehab group, and you know, Mike got asked, I think it was on the walk off, did he have a setback? And it's like, no, it's just the progression.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: What has it been two months now since the injury?
Speaker 2: Was in training camp underrun? Yes, yeah, well they hadn't played in the game, so it was.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 6: No, no, August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I always get the A always.
Speaker 4: I didn't get to do anything for three months when I fractured mine.
Speaker 5: So stop comparing yourself to athletes, bro, I know.
Speaker 6: But I did.
Speaker 4: I didn't do an athletic stuff. Well he's not as old as I am, but it's taken about its long.
Speaker 2: It what he's got to do is a little different, Yes, you have. And then the other news from yesterday. Now we we the Andrew Booth happened earlier, but Jordan Phillips, the other one that was let go.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it took so long for both of them.
Speaker 2: Well they were checking you got past the trade deadline, right, Probably couldn't or for Jordan Phillips for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then the other thing.
Speaker 3: And so that they turned out to be a big waste of time.
Speaker 6: Well they did even solid because.
Speaker 2: Today is the day that all players that are released are subject to waivers. Yesterday was the last day that you can release a veteran player and he can just sign with anybody who wants to sign with.
Speaker 6: He's not subject to waivers.
Speaker 2: So so now that's why you saw a lot of veteran guys that were released after the trade deadline yesterday, because there's that like a twenty four hour window where they can be released yesterday, right, and then maybe maybe it probably was before three o'clock yesterday, But starting today, all players that are released, no matter how many years of service they have, are subject to the waivers.
Speaker 4: Right, because you can't just let somebody go and do us solid.
Speaker 6: For your buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's why they have it in fantasy football too.
Speaker 6: I know you're big on.
Speaker 4: That, so I guess I should I guess I shouldn't say what took him so long because they were dead weight to me, both of them. Phips Phillips played the first two games.
Speaker 2: Well, they were hoping they could get that.
Speaker 6: That's why I said. I didn't explains it.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize because he only played thirty four snaps, got one assisted tackle, and it's like and then he went on ir much to his chagrin. And then they started him on the practice part of it the last two weeks and he didn't get activated, so they knew he wasn't they were going to They were going to release him Booth after he got benched in the Giants game at halftime. I think he played in maybe two more games, uh maybe special teams in a couple defensive snaps, and they weren't going to put him out there. They were going to put Josh Butler out there before they activated him to play.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Jordan back on Jordan Phillips, he has signed with the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's.
Speaker 3: What that's where he came from.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: He was with them last year, but he was with the Giants in training camp when the Cowboys traded for him.
Speaker 4: So the Cowboys traded twenty twenty sixth, sixth and they got a seventh back so.
Speaker 6: In the in the twenty sixth draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, And then the Bills also signed defensive tackle Quentin Jefferson, who was let go yesterday too.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's a lot of moves by people, but you got to understand what's going on. So did Philadelphia pick up anybody?
Speaker 7: We got to be aware of.
Speaker 6: I didn't see that. Washington didn't. Yeah, I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Who did Washington pick up?
Speaker 2: But they got Marshaun Lattimore the cornerback?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Was he still playing for this?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I playing?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, he I mean I know he was there, Yes, I was.
Speaker 3: Never I never knew he was that good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all I know was that he was He battles a lot, but I didn't know the guy four Pro.
Speaker 3: Bowls, uh.
Speaker 5: And every time he goes up against Tampa he's having to fight with who.
Speaker 3: I think it's Evans. I just that's the part I know about him, And.
Speaker 4: Then I saw somebody, uh picked up Chardavius White cornerback yep from the Rams and he wasn't playing. He'd been in active the last four weeks.
Speaker 3: So he requested a trade three weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he went to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Baltimore, they finally nice, finally sent him on.
Speaker 3: I take that.
Speaker 4: So, I don't know what else.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 4: If the Cowboys were going to make a trade to help this season, it would have had to been a defensive end and not just rent the guy for nine games.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's the thing. I think that any move that they made needed to be with a rec three and five record. You just have to look at it objectively. With a three and five record, any you don't want to give up a draft pick whatever on a rental player for the second half of this season. It needed to be someone who like a Jonathan Mingo, who had you have for the next couple of years as well. Right, And as we talked about yesterday, when you look at the inventory of wide receivers on this team going into next year, they've got, you know, Brandon Cooks becoming a free there's opportunities that are there and the other thing is like, for instance, you take a fourth round draft, fourth round wide receiver Everson a rookie, fourth round wide receiver, what are the chances How long is it you usually take for a player like that to start contributing in the NFL A couple of years exactly, And that's what they've done with And so now you've got a guy who in Mingo, who has two years under his belt going into next season. So do you expect him? Okay, Now you've got a guy who's not going to be bothered by the transition to the league or anything like that. He's mature enough in the league where okay, if he's got anything, he should be showing it sort of. Whereas a fourth round pick next year, you're not counting on him to do much of anything except maybe being a special teams player, I mean his rookie season.
Speaker 4: Take Jalen Tobert for example. Now, I know it was a third round pick, but it took him a couple of years, and now you're starting to see some payoff for that third round pick. So yeah, it takes some time. The other thing, I thought Mike McCarthy had a really good segment at eight fifty of its press conference.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was after, now they take a commercial break, right next segment, Well, we'll be talking about.
Speaker 4: Actually it was just on the time clock about young quarterbacks, and basically he was saying, if if if I have someone that's a young quarterback, I want him to stay in college as long as he can and get as many snaps as he can, because when you come in the NFL, it's a whole different ballgame. And if you can afford to let him sit a year or two, uh, you got a chance to develop a guy. But it's really tough to come from playing one year or two years in college and then come in in the NFL and think they're immediately going to start.
Speaker 3: And it's not just that.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes I sit here and I criticize guys because of what I see them do versus what I in.
Speaker 3: My what I remember I used to do.
Speaker 5: I must admit, as tough as it was my rookie year, I was surrounded by a bunch of bad players. I mean not bad no, no, no, I mean bad ass players.
Speaker 3: I meant to say.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, I got Brandy too tall, I got Harvey right, you know, I mean have players around me that really helped pick me up those times that I was getting toasted that first.
Speaker 3: Half of my rookie pretty too.
Speaker 5: Right, we never the linebackers and the flex, they were never meant to be stars stars, know, they were just meant to do their job because back then, that's when you just needed a defense that just need to be.
Speaker 3: Coordinated, which is what the flex was all about.
Speaker 5: So, but when these guys come in, whether it's a wide receiver or a defensive back, they really don't have that kind of support of a really dynamic team this year, and that's something that always should be centered. I know from from my point of view, when I started critiquing how these guys play, they didn't really have the assistance that I had back in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: And to McCarthy's point on Cooper Rush, here's a guy that played fifty games at Central Michigan after a red shirt year at Central Michigan. He threw sixteen hundred and forty eight passes in his collegiate career for nearly thirteen thousand yards. And then he sits and sits and sits and goes five and one along the way and now here he is, and compare that with Trey Lance, who for one season, sixteen game season win in a national championship at the FCS level with North Dakota State, had three hundred and thirty pass attempts. Wow, And now he gets drafted third pick in the draft, and now he's sitting and sitting and sitting, but he's not getting reps and reps and reps.
Speaker 6: So here we are.
Speaker 2: Tony Romo is another example, right, a guy that was three year starter at Eastern Illinois and then he sits and sits and sits, and if he got thrown in his rookie year, he would have been like Trey Lance. And it was because and he had a lot of.
Speaker 6: Reps in college as opposed to Lance's.
Speaker 2: All right, we continue with more mixed shots in just a moment.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas with Star sports tours. You can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you wincot.
Speaker 6: Kitchen slides with a first.
Speaker 7: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 2: The Miller Brewing Somebody would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 6: What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm just reading the script. It says less filling.
Speaker 6: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 3: Hell mindset.
Speaker 6: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers Middle Lighters in fact less filling and taste great. I'm me Shine, legal guy.
Speaker 1: Celebrate Responsiblelylwalkee Wisconsin Beer aty six thousands to be point two grams cards for bwol bounces fewer cowson carbs than premium regular beer.
Speaker 6: Demt shots.
Speaker 5: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by Invisiline. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at dance camp on December twenty third and former NFL players at football camps on December twenty third and twenty seventh. Celebrate the celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys. With the Cowboys registered today at dallascowboys dot Com slash camps.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the deal on the unrestricted free agents that the Cowboys signed this offseason. We mentioned Eric Kendricks. He was not an unrestricted free agent because he was a cap casualty with the Chargers, and so he was. And then Ezekiel Elliott was signed the day after. He was signed on April thirtieth. And the rule on unrestricted free agents is if the player has received a tender from their prior club by the Monday immediately following the final day of the draft, he falls into that compensatory and so he did not receive a tender from the Patriots, and that took you through. April twenty ninth was the final day that an unrestricted free agent would count and the compensatory pot. And so he was signed on April thirtieth, so the Cowboys, So take it back. The Cowboys knew for probably for several weeks before the signing of Zeke became official, that they were going to sign Zeke, but they were waiting until April thirtieth to do it so that he did not fall into the pool of conpensantory.
Speaker 4: I mean, they were that smart.
Speaker 6: I'm just assuming. I'm just assuming that was the case.
Speaker 4: Was it an accident? What if you sign your own guys back, does that count?
Speaker 6: That doesn't, That does not does not know. It's who you lose and who you gain.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so there you go. Kind of complicated it is, But that's how we have parody in this league. And that's why the NFC West has a five and four team, of two four and four teams and a four and five team.
Speaker 4: And a bunch of two and seven teams.
Speaker 6: In the league. Well, you know the NFC West.
Speaker 4: Here's what I Here's here's what I realized. The Eagles are on a four game winning streak. They've beaten two and seven, two and seven, two and seven, and four and five? Am I right? That would be they've beaten Cleveland, Cleveland, the Gaiantville and the Giants, and then they beat Cincinnati. That's four and five. Not trying to talk into anything Friday, but just thought i'd point that out.
Speaker 5: Well, if it was the Cowboys, then someone else would be pointing that out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just saying that's saying the same thing. That's good.
Speaker 5: And you know, I saw that the Eagles team. The best thing about those guys is they don't beat themselves. And that's starting number one from the quarterback position, Jalen Hurts will eat it and sacrifice his body rather than trying to make the big player make the big turnover. He'll take that on himself, right, and then that defense will come out and give him another chance and another and another chance.
Speaker 3: That's why they're there there there.
Speaker 5: Scoring against them is is so meager, and they're not really trying to blow anybody up. They're Justy're just out there trying to They're gonna they just want to score more points than you.
Speaker 3: They're not. They don't like style points. You know that.
Speaker 2: I think Unhurts, I think that's the key on him is when they're playing well, he's not turning it over. Because if you look even this season, looking at his stats this season, he had turnovers in the first three games. They off to a slower start. Okay, they went to and to their first four games, and he's not turning the ball over in the last four games. Yeah, if you look at him last season, he had fifteen interceptions and how their season go last season not good, Yeah and so, and a lot of that has to do I think with Okay, he was ques playing from behind in games to that sort of thing. And even though you know I watched him closely one year is one year at Oklahoma, and that was one of the frustrations that I had was sometimes he would take some chances in in competitive games where and so. But when things are going well, he's great and handling that, you know, but a tight situation.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, you start off the super Bowl, made the Super Bowl, did a great job in the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Maybe on the track to be the NV balers.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Then the next year he didn't do so well and everyone started to question, okay, is this guy really the guy.
Speaker 3: That we want?
Speaker 6: And that was his fifteen pickure.
Speaker 3: That they want to start the question. He learned. And not only did he learn, his team learn because they.
Speaker 5: But now their play calling and their strategy doing every game is you just stay cool, Jalen.
Speaker 3: The defense has your back.
Speaker 2: Which is why they made a change in play callers this year. And the White Kellen Mories the.
Speaker 4: Interesting So the Cowboys have to face Kellen Moore and Vic Fangio. That's right, So they know the coordinators and the coordinators know them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so you know there there needs to be a moment to wear at least a few moments to where we think, okay, uh, is this team that bad or is this.
Speaker 3: Team being coached improperly.
Speaker 5: That's one thing you got to look at because it is about coordinators sometimes, and especially when you have the familiarity that these coordinators have with each other. It's gonna when it comes to Dan dan quinn, that's going to be a thing. It's really as much as players versus players. This is coaches versus coaches.
Speaker 4: Going, well, they better know what he does.
Speaker 3: That This is coaches versus coaches.
Speaker 4: And you were mentioning, so I just looked up the Eagles have the third ranked total defense m hm. So if you're playing well defensively, you can afford a couple of mistakes ascon or you can afford not to score a whole bunch of points to have to win. Unlike the Cowboys. If they're not scoring thirty, chances are they're not winning the ballgame.
Speaker 3: So the scheme, the scheme is extremely important.
Speaker 5: And right now we've been we've been outplayed and outschemed especially when we play at home.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at two of the Eagles wins. They won fifteen to twelve and twenty to sixteen, so that helps.
Speaker 5: I mean I watched those games and they were you know, I was not impressed, right, I was not like the Falcons before we play them, and even after we play them, still not impressed. I'm just even less impressed by our team, which is a problem.
Speaker 2: Aj Brown. His injury status is one that will be tracking throughout the week too. He did get good news on his MRI yesterday or Monday, no structural issues, more of a bruise. Has a chance to play this week.
Speaker 4: So if he plays, you know, you obviously got your hands full with the right receivers with Divine.
Speaker 3: We're going to have problems with any wide receivers.
Speaker 4: At this point, Devonte Smith.
Speaker 3: That's what we need.
Speaker 5: We need to come to that conclusion. We're going to have problems with any wide receivers. It's just a matter. That's why the coaches right now are extremely important. The game plan itself, how we choose to attack, how we choose to play, how many can we can we stop making all the mistakes in crucial situations. You know this is really coming down to how much control does the coach have over this team, and it's been that's been a problem all year so far.
Speaker 4: Well, assuming Dan the Bland's not playing, do they have to consider what they do with Jordan Lewis or I mean, I know what they do if it's three wide, but what if it's two wide. You're gonna put him out there? Are You're going to keep Kaitlyn Carson out there who does not seem to be playing with a lot of confidence right now, But he just got back after all that time off, and boy, they attacked him too, and right from the start.
Speaker 5: Well that's the way Kirk Cousins does. I saw the That was a Monday night game. I was sitting up there at the at Kevin Smith's place and we were watching the game. They would they attacked the cornerback that came in. I think it's one of the I think that's when they made a big deal about he's a white cornerback.
Speaker 3: They went at him right away. They went a m right away because he was white. Well he was. It was two things.
Speaker 5: He's a white cornerback and he and he just got in the game, and they just got in the game. If I'm not mistaken, they heard the corner and they had to put him in. Kirk went right at him, right, and then that's when the next week, that's when I saw they made a big deal about it.
Speaker 3: You got two white cornerbacks in the NFL, right.
Speaker 4: Now, Well that's why the Cowboys went at that cornerback on the fake punton and it didn't turn out so well.
Speaker 5: Well, you went at him with a punter and a gunner, not the wide receiver at the cornerback.
Speaker 2: Okay, when we come back here on mixed shots, I know one of the white cornerbacks plays for the Eagles, Cooper. Okay, was it the philip must have been the Philadelphia game?
Speaker 6: All right, there it is?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, is there another white cornerback?
Speaker 3: I just y, I was just checking.
Speaker 2: It and I just looked on X it says it says Cooper de dejon is one of two white cornerbacks the NFL.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I'll have to answer to that trivia question the other one when we come back.
Speaker 3: I'm just a moment out there for you kids.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat more than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately, I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Ruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: To mixed shots.
Speaker 5: Capture of Frank Worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Start, presented by Monument Realty. Santa will be spreading holiday chair at this Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through December twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the stardistrict dot com slash Santa Okay.
Speaker 2: A answer to the trivia question.
Speaker 6: I got it right. In the break, I got it right.
Speaker 2: It's the Denver Broncos Riley Moss out of Iowa. He's a third round undraft pick last year.
Speaker 6: You asked me for his stats.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's actually playing, you know, fifty fifty six tackles this season for the Bronco.
Speaker 5: I thought I saw someone one of them with an intercession. I think it was him.
Speaker 3: Did he by the way, you said Iowa?
Speaker 4: He's from Purdue from he said Iowa.
Speaker 2: How come it says on ESPN dot com that he went to Iowa.
Speaker 3: I thought you said Purdue. I guess green notebook.
Speaker 4: No, you said Purdue.
Speaker 6: I said Purdue. In the break I corrected it there.
Speaker 10: So the big green notebook was the big.
Speaker 3: Green notebook was right.
Speaker 6: My memory was wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't have it in front of me, so, but that's why I have a big green notebook so I can remember they had the one came into the.
Speaker 6: League as a third round pick.
Speaker 3: On the same team, Chris, I mean Iowa didn't.
Speaker 10: Didn't the ghen came from Iowa as well.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: So yeah, two got about that both of the league.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 4: About as many in the league as white running backs.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 11: There was a point, well tail back, you know what, Mickey, I'm glad you brought that up, because there was a point we were losing white running backs in the league, right and then Rex Burkhead came into the league.
Speaker 2: Basically Burkhead came back in the league.
Speaker 3: It was shown about pet cat.
Speaker 10: That was that's his pet cat.
Speaker 4: Now he's proved starting, now he's retired.
Speaker 6: That's where I'm sold. Decade in the league.
Speaker 2: And by the way, he should have been a draft pick.
Speaker 3: Leave it to plan the represent baby, I'm living.
Speaker 4: I was talking about right now.
Speaker 6: One's injured.
Speaker 4: Well he's coming back though he started Precice McCaffrey, Eckler, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but McCaffrey is the man, Okay, So who else a brother brother? Maybe Italian? He is at the at the most Italian.
Speaker 6: I looked at you like, why wow.
Speaker 4: I was trying to come up with a second one.
Speaker 3: What we call light right down there, white come on, light what light right down there? White?
Speaker 4: Well see for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we have a few of those.
Speaker 4: Well who else?
Speaker 3: That's it, right, I don't see it.
Speaker 4: You don't see it.
Speaker 6: I don't see I like, I don't see the color.
Speaker 5: No, we don't do here we go everything right, my brother, we're in Texas.
Speaker 6: We see color.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do, Yes, we do.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's very good.
Speaker 5: I like that. But you still didn't tell me one of them has a ton of them. Yeah, I saw, I thought I saw one of them made a play of monsters.
Speaker 6: Moss has a pick.
Speaker 3: There you go, and they celebrate that, you know, like any other pick.
Speaker 5: But they remember them going with him to the end zone.
Speaker 3: And I said, oh man, my brother.
Speaker 4: Okay, so when I write the tease for our podcast, I think i'll leave out white quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: And running backs, by the way, right right, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: All right, moving on.
Speaker 10: You just saw one in Atlanta, by the way, white running backs. Algier, I'm telling you, I'm looking at right now. It's his top white running backs in the league. And Algier is number three.
Speaker 3: He's creole.
Speaker 5: Okay, he is not white, and and you're probably right, but I'm in my mind like, no, that's not right.
Speaker 6: He went to b YU, so.
Speaker 3: Got a bunch of brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nicky, there's Austin Eckler for you.
Speaker 3: Then pull up.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm pull up Algier now.
Speaker 3: Now that's definitely a creole name.
Speaker 6: Uh Algier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a creole name.
Speaker 4: South Louisiana.
Speaker 5: All man I went to. I went to Gramdma. We had a lot of bite light bite, damn near white to Grandma.
Speaker 6: There you go, there's here, there's Algier.
Speaker 3: That's a brother. Man. Okay, that's a brother. See there, that's a brother. Laugh at him.
Speaker 5: Yeah now right now, yeah, being no article, I'm I'm Devil's advocate with Chris here.
Speaker 6: Okay, will we do that? Makey? What else do we need to know? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is so important?
Speaker 6: Okay here.
Speaker 2: According to Wikipedia, Algier is a mixed black, white and Filipino descent.
Speaker 3: Once you say mixed, it's over there. You go.
Speaker 5: One drop weird guy in Miami, the coach, right, yeah, yeah, he tried to pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did, didn't try to pass.
Speaker 4: That's just like Dak gets credit for being a black quarterback.
Speaker 5: One drop is all it takes. That's that's that's it. That's what America said. We're just going by those those.
Speaker 3: Guidelines. No, so I was right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know brothers, man, I know, I know creoles too. That's yeah, that's creole.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm looking to see what else Mike have to say.
Speaker 6: Did y'all talk about white cornerbacks?
Speaker 5: Now, he's gonna attack the white corner cornerback, going straight at it.
Speaker 3: That's the game plan. I'm sure that's the game plan. All right, We're gonna come out and attack the white cornerback.
Speaker 4: He apologized for throwing his iPad.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, I want to hear that.
Speaker 3: I don't apologize. Go ahead, I want to hear that.
Speaker 4: Well, here was the weird thing. He said it on the walk off yesterday or Monday, and he said it was kind of embarrassing and that's not good. No, then they asked him in the press conference about it, like the walk offs kind of inside information.
Speaker 2: I thought he'd be asked about it on Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he was after he was in the walk off, and then he was asked about it today and so he was like, I thought we already talked about okay, and then it was like he just went along with it and he said it was an embarrassing moment and that he's got to do a better job. He said, it was definitely a moment I'd like to take.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that part of it. What I want to know is what was mad about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, at what.
Speaker 2: We were trying to figure out is it was it the blocking they we can black a communication where they didn't walk that linebacker?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 2: Has Everson pointed out that if CD.
Speaker 4: Had could have just got you know, he he had mentioned that they had a communication problem on the third and one and I was trying to remember that was fourth, wasn't okay? That was the underground right, the fourth jet sweep was the fourth one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the play in question.
Speaker 4: There was a third and one he mentioned, and that was the one they had too many people in the huddle?
Speaker 3: Yes, right, this that was later?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was later.
Speaker 3: So but if I'm him, I owned that. I would own that, right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, it's about you know, he looks too calm over there, he looks you know, he looks too forgiving, right, you know, that is the same one that they're too forgiving. You know, first of all that he's extremely hard in himself. I get that as a quarterback.
Speaker 4: But you know I liked I liked when somebody else screws up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially like dude. They said, enough of this.
Speaker 6: I tried.
Speaker 2: But for instance, what is the one moment on the sideline and that we still remember from Tom Landry's twenty nine year coaching career.
Speaker 12: Well, when he jumped up and down doing the Super Bowl Now, no, no Danny no, right, that was this was this was McCarthy, This was McCarthy's.
Speaker 6: And it was a fourth down play is fourth and one.
Speaker 2: Again, and Danny ran the play and no, Danny, no, this was McCarthy's no Danny, no moment.
Speaker 5: And I think that's what everybody liked about Jimmy. Jimmy was different in that regard because Tom was always all demure and put together.
Speaker 3: Jimmy was a Jimmy now is right?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: You see it right here?
Speaker 4: Well, I tried to inject levity into it because I said, at least you didn't punch the guy, right, remember Parcels when he punched.
Speaker 2: All right, we're all sitting here, We're all I'm sitting here assuming that on that tablet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's looking at the fourth down play. That's why you through the tablet.
Speaker 2: To your point and what he said in the press conference on the third and one play. The previous play was third and one and Rico got stopped by one for no gain, and Grady Jarrett made the play. And on my logsheet here I put in parentheses communication. It looked to me like there was a communication issue on the offensive.
Speaker 3: The linebacker came through the wrong way right.
Speaker 2: And so as I'm watching the game in real time, I wrote that out in the margin here. And so what you're saying is it was a third with one place. So I can't wait. I'm going to see McCarthy tomorrow. I'm going to ask him as we take the show. I'm going to ask him, Okay, which play is it that you were upset about? And I bet it was the the third and one play and not the fourth n So.
Speaker 4: I wrote down third and one. It was the third and one play at the Atlanta forty forty three, and I wrote get and got beat by Grady Jarrett and he got hit in the backfield for no game.
Speaker 5: And that but but that, yeah, the left side of the line. And they said that, Uh, did they try to blame or it was a guard or try to blame.
Speaker 4: Or It was the next play on the fourth and one when they had eight guys in the box and they tried to end around and Ellis stopped him.
Speaker 6: No one blocked him. That's the CD play.
Speaker 4: That's the CD that's.
Speaker 5: The and we were wondering yesterday if it's designed for him not to be blocked.
Speaker 4: It was designed. You mentioned it that he cut it in he needed to go out.
Speaker 5: Well no, No, that was down the field when I thought CD could have broken it all the way.
Speaker 4: That you were talking about the end around.
Speaker 3: No, listen to me. The Jet sweep when we broke it.
Speaker 5: That was after we got stopped, and later on in the game we broke it and see these down the field. I'm saying that his decision down the field was wrong. He should have stayed outside when he tried to cut back inside.
Speaker 2: I thought you were talking when you were talking about that the other day. I thought you were talking about the fourth and one. No, you're talking about that point.
Speaker 3: The fourth and one play, which Olsen pointed out, was.
Speaker 5: It was a it was a linebacker and stood up so he could see the Jets sweep coming. When ceed broke the one later it was because and Olsen was like see this is what I told you. The guy was a defensive lineman and therefore he could not see it and it was successful.
Speaker 2: It was he was down in a three point stance or four point stands and the linebackers in a two point stance, and so was co.
Speaker 3: See it coming.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's according to Olson, and and the the video pretty much said that.
Speaker 6: So that's kind of like bad luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that they by formation, they put the linebacker there and he.
Speaker 6: Had so I don't again gets back.
Speaker 2: To Greg Olsen's a great ANALYSTI how about how about I love this. Remember late in the game past a turpin and Turpin left his feet and Olsen immediately pointed out that you got to learn not.
Speaker 6: To because that's the pass.
Speaker 2: But know But what he said was that that gives you a foundation to be able to make that catch. Well, when you jump for the he doesn't need to jump for that ball, and you lose that foundation, and now the ball gets jarred loose.
Speaker 6: But that's and for a tight He makes that.
Speaker 2: Form a tight end, does that route all the time, and so he knows you're boxing out basically no doubt.
Speaker 4: So I told McCarthy, at least you didn't punch him, and I think it went by everybody's head because you remember when Parcells punched Todd Oh his dad was the big Haley. Todd Haley right, and he punched him on the sideline because he had real time told the coaches that quit yelling at the officials, I'll do the yelling at officials. And whatever happened, Todd Haley went after the official.
Speaker 6: And he turned around and he just pushed.
Speaker 4: He pushed him, but he threw up right. So the next day, of course, he had to answer about it, and he goes, Yeah, he goes my dad. My daughter called and said, uh, dad, we got to go back to anger management class.
Speaker 2: I want to know what McCarthy's mom said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anger management class for someone from Jersey is Miami.
Speaker 3: We'll go to Florida. Man, Just chill, just chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well I think we accomplished a lot on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so many podcast white players. I had to send Chris straight.
Speaker 2: You welcome Chris, all right, and how about we do it again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 3: We have different topics though
Speaker 2: Here on mix Shots, No Cowboys and Chris has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football club,