Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess is out today. She's on vacation. She Charlamagne in the car.
Speaker 3: Peace to the.
Speaker 4: Planet this Monday.
Speaker 1: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and hollhy favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning man. How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: It was good?
Speaker 2: You see Wicked?
Speaker 4: I did go see Wicked. I want to go see Wicked yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, I went to go see with the kids, to go see Wicked yesterday. What was your thoughts?
Speaker 4: I didn't give it. Damn. I didn't give a good goddamn. That's just not for me. That's what the kids.
Speaker 1: I sat there and when it was over, I said to myself, what was that? And and you know I saw the first one too with the kids. But I just want to say, why we got to make everything so dark?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: Why does everything from my childhood got to turn so dark?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know it was.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that's how the tin man became the tin Man. I didn't know how that's how the scarecrow came a scarecrow. Kyle Lee Lyon didn't serve no purpose. I thought he was gay back in the day, but now it was just like, I don't know what he does.
Speaker 2: He's just there.
Speaker 1: And then my daughter and my oldes daughter was telling me how out wicked it was a book before odds.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just dof he ain't even had no face, like they didn't even care about doffy.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep one time. My daughter had to wake me up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know what I realized taking my kids to the movie theater, Yes, Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's expensive.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: My kids said they wanted a slushy.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that's actually that might be a Christmas present. I might have to let them know it like that party.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's no way, this is this this expensive.
Speaker 4: No, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: Then they then then they then they had the nerve to say, Dad, hast some chicken fingers in French fries.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to say no.
Speaker 4: And I didn't know the scarecrow in the green the witch was hunching.
Speaker 2: Damn, you didn't know that. I don't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They wumping in and I was just sitting there thinking, what is this penis like now? Because you know, the reason he became a scarecrow is because they put a spell on him.
Speaker 2: They put a spell on him. She said he can't die exactly right.
Speaker 4: So how did that affect everything else like down below?
Speaker 1: And I was just I don't know, man, it was just whatever whatever I could care less.
Speaker 4: I mean, it made a lot of money.
Speaker 2: It did, it didn't.
Speaker 7: I had to check because I was like, there's no way that this is going to break the first one. I was like, because it's too expensive, and I'm like everything out here is is expensive and but nah.
Speaker 4: And I don't think I like musical giz. I like them play.
Speaker 1: I like them in a Broadway play, not in the movie I've seen in the movie theater. I don't want to break out the song every twenty seconds with that. But but y'all, it ain't for me. I'm not saying it's a bad movie. I'm just saying it ain't for me. I'm a forty seven year old old, that's man. I'm born in ninteen ninety seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, now my kids loved it. Now they loved it.
Speaker 7: They broke it down after they're like it like they knew everything about the tim everything.
Speaker 2: They broke it down angry.
Speaker 8: I would have too.
Speaker 7: If you've been doing he whist, you'll be pissed off too. You did that, man dirty. It's all the munchkins out there, man, monskins, monskins need They weren't.
Speaker 4: Really munchkins though.
Speaker 1: They were just like regular sized people. You know what I'm saying, You know, the little people that need work out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but yeah, they were considered munchkins. So muskets need a union.
Speaker 1: They're just munchkins in name. They weren't even munchkins in the movie. The kids need rights to the odds. I knew they had actual little people, right, okay.
Speaker 2: But there wasn't Muskey monchs. But I guess they couldn't find people who play. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Plenty of little people out there. Now you're gonna have a bunch of the month. They protest, we don't exist in me. You don't see us, all right, No rights, Let's get to look down Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Let's get the ship crack it. Brandy Evans will be joining us.
Speaker 7: You know her from Reasonable Doubt season three and also p Valley, she plays Mercedes, So we're gonna be talking to her. This is Caregiver Appreciation Month and she's a caregiver to her mom and she'll break down everything that she has to do and that's involved with that.
Speaker 2: So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: And then we got front page news when we come back, and me and we will be joining us, and we gotta break down the football scores. I think my Giants is just losing on purpose at this point. I think, yeah, yeah, we'll talk about it. The Breakfast Club in the morning.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamage the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news, a lot of sports. Let's jump right into a.
Speaker 7: Salute to Devin Haney became a three weight world champion in Saudi Arabia after defeating Brian Norman Junior.
Speaker 1: Devin Haney, Man, Devin Haney look look really good at one forty seven?
Speaker 2: Yes right?
Speaker 7: And also salute to the Gotham Football Club women's soccer. They celebrated they won over the weekend and today is their ticker tape Parade. They beat Washington Spirit one zero if you're inter professional women's soccer, and Shadoor Sanders became the first Browns quarterback to win his first career start since nineteen ninety nine. They won over the weekend. They beat the Raiders twenty four to ten. Now, also, the Seahawks beat the Titans. The Ravens beat the Jets, The Packers beat the Vikings. The Giants lost to the lines, but I think they lost that on purpose. If you've seen that game, you understand why. The Patriots beat the Bengals, Jaguars beat the Carinos, the Falcons beat the Saints, the Rams beat the Buccaneers. And yeah, your cowboys one luckily.
Speaker 4: Sprint ball, slow down on that one. Say that one. I said, you heard me, Dallas calbody.
Speaker 1: Busted the Philadelphia Eagles. Ass okay, say that, y'all. All right, y'all should have lost that. And we five and five, baby, five to five and one right back at five hundred where we need to be.
Speaker 4: So you know what that means? What we call it to the super Bowl? All okay?
Speaker 7: Delirious now tonight and Monday night for ball. The Carolina Panthers take on the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: What's up, Mami?
Speaker 9: Good morning, and by good morning, charlamagne him, we'll see you good morning.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 9: So we start this morning with President Trump escalating his feud with Marjorie Taylor Green, taking shots at her untrue social all weekend as a fallout continue from Continues for her surprise decision to resign from Congress At a new post, he referred to her as Marjorie Taylor Brown or excuse me, Marjorie Trader Brown, and said she quote went bad and says he stopped returning her phone calls. Agreen, for her part, spent the weekend pushing back, defending her record and making it clear she has no plans to run for president in twenty twenty eight. Her resignation takes effect January fifth, twenty twenty six, marking one of the most dramatic breaks between Trump and one of his earliest and.
Speaker 11: Most vocal MAGA allies.
Speaker 9: It also leaves Speaker Mike Johnson with an even slimmer majority head into twenty twenty six. Let's listen to some of Marjorie's resignation speech.
Speaker 12: Standing up for American women who were raped at fourteen years old. Trafficked in use by rich, powerful men should not result in me being called a trader and threatened by the President of the United States, whom I fought for.
Speaker 9: Well, meanwhile, Democratic Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett, she's questioning Green's decision to step down, saying she couldn't handle being on the opposite end of the president for one week.
Speaker 11: Let's listen to that.
Speaker 13: You know what, Honestly, I was like, You've got to be kidding me. You're on the other side of the president for one week and you can't take the heat. Imagine what it is to sit in my shoes, to not only be on the opposite side of him, but to have people like her who are constantly fanning the flames. So, you know, this really speaks to the fact that Marjorie, who has been an instigator of a lot of this hate that we see as it relates to the MAGA movement. You know, it's just interesting that I don't know if she really fully understood how bad she was making it for other people, and now that they're doing it to her, you know, I just got to say, well, why is it that everyone else is able to stand and you can't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, Green's term.
Speaker 9: It was supposed to run through January twenty twenty seven, so she's walking away a full year early and her In her announcement, she says she didn't want to have her district be put through a hurtful and hateful primary, especially after President Trump signaled that he made back another candidate against her and Zoran Mondami. He is back in New York this morning after his meeting with the White House, a conversation with President Trump at at both sides they described as productive. The mayor elect he spoke with reporters in the Bronx yesterday after church, saying the discussion focused on delivering for New Yorkers, with an emphasis on costs of living and affordability issues. Now Mondami said he's heard from resididents who were encouraged to see the both leaders see both leaders address everyday concerns at President Trump. He also praised the meeting, saying the two agreed on a lot more than he thought and that he wants Mondami to do a great job now the meeting it didn't stop reporters, though, from revisiting past comments. One notable moment still trending this morning came when a reporter acts Mondami whether he still believes the president is a fascist.
Speaker 11: Let's listen to that exchange.
Speaker 14: Are you affirming that you think President Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 6: I've spoken about Okay, it's easier, It's easier than explaining it.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, so that was that exchange in Mondammi says he's taken the relationship one meeting at a time, but he left the White House feeling good about that initial conversation.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear any politicians call each other fascist authoritarians want to be dictator as communists, none.
Speaker 4: Of that kind of rhetoric anymore.
Speaker 1: It's all dead because if you call someone that and didn't turn around and saying but I'm willing to work with it looks hypocritical. And there is no such thing as working with fascists. That's not how fascism works. Fascism is in a normal political disagreement. So politicians need to stop using that kind of language because you don't believe it, you know, lead that type of commentary for the social media crowd and just go do your job, you know, as a politician, because I feel like that rhetoric is irresponsible, you know, in this climate it rouse people up. It makes folks mad at each other, fighting in the street, trying to kill our political opposition. Meanwhile, the politicians is working with each other like no, so they need to cut it out. It's people not even gonna eat Thanksgiving dinner this week together because they got political differences. Meanwhile, you know these politicians are working with each other.
Speaker 4: We need to learn to work with each other.
Speaker 2: Do them all right?
Speaker 10: Very well? Said?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: Coming up at seven, the USDA says most of us are still doing one thing wrong in the kitchen for Thanksgiving and it could be putting your whole.
Speaker 11: Dinner at risk. We'll explain in the next hour and.
Speaker 7: Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one oh five one. Let me know how you're weak and was if you need then you need to get some things off your chest. Phone lines or wide open again one eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. Call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 15: Born in Charlemagne DJ Envy Me day, Me.
Speaker 10: Day day.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: Brother, Hey, Charlamae, I gotta talk to you.
Speaker 4: For a little bit.
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, why you had to get shelter up by Asian dudes at the nels on?
Speaker 2: He likes it too, you see, Gig we went back.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: All I said was that when I'm in there sometimes getting the manicure, one of the guys that work there, he'll come up behind you and give you a little shoulder up, and you know, it was cool.
Speaker 4: He liked to hit it and it's fild.
Speaker 15: But the weird thing was that you was like, oh, I don't want Envy to show up so he don't see it.
Speaker 4: No, what happened with the man, don't you know?
Speaker 1: What happened was last time I was in there, Envy's wife and his daughter was in there, and then I saw Homie lurking, and I was like, man, don't come rub my shoulders right now, because I didn't want them to go back and tell Envy because I know they would have made it weird.
Speaker 17: Hey, yeah, yeah, go ahead, you telling yourself that many.
Speaker 15: I love the Breakfast Club at a Staff record label and as a crew Happy birthday to baby paid in twenty eight that's my birthday too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, thank you brother, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my baby's birthday is a twenty eight November coming up in a couple of days, Black Friday. Have a happy birthday, brother.
Speaker 4: But you know what this is crazy though?
Speaker 1: Why like football players, basketball players got male therapist physical trainers that rubbed them down all day. I tell one story about the Asian man giving me a shoulder rub and now you know I'm questionable.
Speaker 2: You've always been questionable. That's not the thing.
Speaker 7: You've always been questionable. It's not like one time you've been questionable.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 2: How are you? What's your name?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 2: This is okay? Get it up here.
Speaker 15: Things don't want to Yeah, they on my chest.
Speaker 17: One.
Speaker 15: I want to talk about if the mayor talked about the Trump about the ice situation, that what is going on in New York City. And for example, they've been attacking a lot of different cultures like the hate the Chinese, and they have been attacking a lot of different nationalities and the certain areas where they're not going to target or turning areas like what these players are you know? Yeah, which is very sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, you know Ice, Ice says they're definitely gonna ramp up operations in New York City by the.
Speaker 15: Way, absolutely just to get out of hand because a lot of people are remember grants that work hard and saying their bills, especially a lot of vendors who work on the street, in the subway and everything time support their fair lyes. It's not fair how they're being taken advantage of targeted, you know about about you know, for for ice or basically picking on it for no reason.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 15: The second thing, one you much tense, was that I wanted to let you guys know I have a film. I'm I'm a director, I'm a producer and alter and I was still streaming on on Ambon Prime and on Hippo TV. It's called The Science Calling Tail Pro talk us about Jeffy Girl who he's talking to Black meeting at the time, and it's a big, big prom that's at awadness about what he went to during the time of situation and you know, at the time of you know, Jim Cole, when you got got Andrew Young phone, I'm sorry interview. I wanted to talk to unfort opportunity to do so. And it's the big, big thing I wanted to discuss about the racis who was a lot of leaders went through at the time. You know, during all that time where while the King of my collect how your targeted and you know, and how basically the Toe Hotel pro it was very exposed to talking to on people.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I'm beyond with Hey, hey, your boice is giving me anxiety. Man, I feel like I want to catch you. I feel like you're about to fall. I don't know why it sounds like you fall. I didn't want to catch you. I feel like you keep every time I hes want to reach out for you.
Speaker 2: But thank you for calling brother, appreciate you.
Speaker 10: This is very.
Speaker 4: This conversation makes my anxiety go up.
Speaker 7: Like, bro, get it, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one on five. When we come back, we got the latest with Lauren. Jo Rode calls a bunch of people vaginas. We'll tell you who when we come back. We'll let you break it. We'll let him break it down. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Oh God, ain't no Lauren shut up trying to do this. He did this in a while.
Speaker 7: We're gonna try it morning, everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with.
Speaker 2: Lauren larn you kind of a straight fast. She gets the from somebody that knows somebody to detail.
Speaker 8: I don't know how gud that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the latest on you. The Latest with Lauren la rosa fact. Some you have details, sometimes you have a little bit everything. It's the lad on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Coob is not here, Lauren. She's on an island somewhere from what I saw on vacation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's on a little birthday vacation. So she sent me everything to do this morning, all the latest to do.
Speaker 1: I saw a picture she posted and on the glass it said, will you be my girlfriend? I'm like, y'all just get into that phase. You flew her out the country, that have to be your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't look that deep into it.
Speaker 1: I just saw it. Probably wanted the story, I don't know. Maybe it was in her close friends.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, anyway, now is the latest. It's all about concerts and all about performances. So we all know Ja Rult almost got jumped the other night at the Monica and Brand detour. So he's finally speaking about exactly what happened during that situation.
Speaker 3: Don't walk to the stage, sneak me, snucker punched me from behind, three try to pump, and I'm just saying it happens. It could happen to anybody. Happens to players too. Get no points for that, no real points for that. At that point, we stuffling, We shuffling. I already diving across them, grabbing it. He's touting with it. I'm testing with it as I'm moving, you know, back doctor stumble.
Speaker 2: Over some bat Jones dead.
Speaker 18: Rick Rich's there.
Speaker 3: This is a may lady grabbing me back, making sure, you know, go right, trying to get between everybody who's going on, securities coming.
Speaker 8: It's a medley.
Speaker 3: So anyway, just kind of disperses and people dispersed, so I'm screaming and gathering. We eventually get to moving out of the building and get to the downstairs area, like the player's area where they where they parking, and then we leave out the building. Nothing more to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so he said he was walking to the stage. He said he wasn't at a steering contest. They want no words to somebody, Uh try to punch him in.
Speaker 2: The back of the head.
Speaker 1: I think this whole situation is ridiculous, and John's right. It can happen anywhere at any time. It can happen anywhere at any time, but it shouldn't. This is a Brandy and Monica show. Are be with grown ass men? Where are you where? Where can you be comfortable?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 7: He talks about if if this would have been a white event, he feels like things would have been different.
Speaker 3: I want to address how hip hop concerts and white concerts and country concerts, rock concerts and pop concerts are policed or secured.
Speaker 4: Like if I was.
Speaker 3: Bruce Springsteen at the Mont concert and get attacked in the back, you think the assailants could make it out of the building without getting arrested or something happening. Ten This is how to do black business as usual. Nothing happened, nothing to see here, these animals. But you know, I digress.
Speaker 1: He's right, how come they weren't any arrest We don't have any suspects like this.
Speaker 4: Nobody, nobody apprehended, nothing like this.
Speaker 1: They just that can happen, and there's everybody going about just keep it going, keep the show goes on. He's absolutely right, that would not happen at a white event. All right, Well, no, that was absolutely right. That was job breaking that down. Now, JT. She has done messing with you old heads.
Speaker 7: Now, this kind of reminds me when I was with Lauren at geh which is a homecoming, and she said I want to hear sexy read and they started to booh. Well, she performed at Gezi and Friends. And when she performed, it was a show in Orlando JZ and Friends. She was I guess she performed during that show and she didn't get the reaction that she wanted. So she said this in the middle of her performance.
Speaker 4: I can't hear it, y'all.
Speaker 8: I've got time for the oday I leave.
Speaker 19: When they be putting me on these shows now, were like the legend.
Speaker 8: I don't know if I'm a y n or ogcuz.
Speaker 4: Y'all be the fingy goat go crazy. I'm thirty three of y'all age.
Speaker 2: I need y'all to have.
Speaker 19: Fun, Like, don't be staring at me, don't be looking at me crazy.
Speaker 11: I think it's my last time.
Speaker 19: Okay, I would have nine you doing, I'm done?
Speaker 7: Well, listen when she opening up, I guess she was and friends, So yeah, I'm sure she was opening But also that's.
Speaker 4: In Florida, JT.
Speaker 1: That's your backyard, like you know, they sposed to know some of them records or maybe she should have went out there and did some.
Speaker 4: Maybe some city Girl records maybe. I mean, by the way, I don't know what she did.
Speaker 1: I can't even say she didn't, but I would think that, you know, you, maybe you go out there and do a couple of city Girl records, you probably get a better reaction.
Speaker 4: I think JT is dope.
Speaker 7: She is though, but it's two different generations, right, So if you going to see a g Z show, you're probably forty plus right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm looking at the lineup is Gez the friends replies and Boozy applies and Boosis, and she can go out there and do a couple of city Girl records in the crowd and know those bro Maybe she did her own and they didn't know that.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm thinking happened.
Speaker 1: I got to see the settlist, but I'm thinking that she probably would out did and just did some some of her own records, and they probably weren't as familiar with her solo catalog as they would be a city girl's catalog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: She says she ain't doing nothing with you, with your legends anymore, with your old heads anymore.
Speaker 2: Now, also cash money.
Speaker 4: With you, Like you ain't old head.
Speaker 1: You swear you're not forty eight because your bed died just for me.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 7: Well, cash Money, the Cash Money Millionaire thirtieth Anniversary Live in Concert tour stopped at the Ubs Arena in New York City and people are mad.
Speaker 2: You know why they mad?
Speaker 7: Because only two members showed up, only Beg and Juvenile. There was no Little Wayne, no Bernman, no Manny Freshnel Turk, nobody else. And people are like, I paid for cash Money. I want to see cash Money.
Speaker 1: I didn't even hear about that show until I heard about this kerfuffle, this little incident that the only two of them showed up. I didn't know they were having a Cash Money reunion show in New York City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are upset about that. Also. Lloyd, I don't know if you've seen the video.
Speaker 7: Lloyd was before Friday and he tripped over his own feet did a face plant right on the stage, and he talks about what happened.
Speaker 4: And I fail, That's what happened. I tripped.
Speaker 2: I was doing my signature slide.
Speaker 4: This is coolest smoothie in the show, bro, and I crashed.
Speaker 20: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like all my food points out the window, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Just for some reason, whenever I fall, I just gotta lay there, Bro, I just can't.
Speaker 4: Get right back up right like old I gotta lay in it.
Speaker 2: And that's why they ran out there.
Speaker 4: They're like, yo, come on, get up, get up.
Speaker 1: It's just a reminder Lloyd. I think Lloyd is about thirty nine. I think he'll be forty next year, like the top of the year, he'll be forty, right like January something. Yes, So it's just a reminder that you almost forty.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 7: And lastly, in some positive news, well, the Boy's Mind tour stopped in I was gonna say Nofolk in Newark, New Jersey, and Beyonce came, jay Z was there, Solange was there, and Miss.
Speaker 2: Patty LaBelle touched that tour. They said it were crazy.
Speaker 7: When Patty performed over the week in Mercedes when they said it was just she just killed it.
Speaker 1: That's two generations of uh Go dive of chocolate goddesses right there, Kelly Rolling and Patti LaBelle.
Speaker 4: Don't never play with that type of melon it on stage, you hear me.
Speaker 7: Low Labrook also came out in NOK, New Jersey as well, and that is the latest with a Lauren all right.
Speaker 2: Now when we come back, we got front page news.
Speaker 7: Mimi will be joining us and then Brandy Evans will be here, you know how from Reasonable Dowt. Also, she plays Mercedes, Mercedes, Mercedes on Pea Valley.
Speaker 2: Mercedes.
Speaker 4: You did too much talking, right, did too much?
Speaker 2: Meridi?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she plays Mercedes on Pea Valley. We'll talk to them next. And don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You're checking out The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Romance collection has something to say, satisfied every side of you. Full for a sexy billionaire or a brooding duke, dive into a romanticy series or the perfect Enemies to Lovers rom com. Your first love Story is free when you sign up for a thirty day trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash Breakfast Club Hording.
Speaker 7: Everybody is TJ env jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Let's getting some front page new We'll start off with some quick sports. Now, we got to congratulate Devin Haney. He became a three weight world champion in Saudi Arabia. He defeated Brian Norman Junior. So congratulations to him. That was a good fight call this weekend too. Also we got a got them women's soccer team, got them football club. They celebrated they won the championship. They beat Washington Spirit one zero. Today is the Ticker Tape Parade in Manhattan and also saluted shod Al Sayders became the first Browns quarterback to win his first career starts since nineteen ninety nine. When the franchise returned to Cleveland, they beat the Raiders twenty four to ten. Now the Falcons beat the Saints, Jaguars beat the Cardinals, the Patriots beat the Bengals, the Lions beat the Giants.
Speaker 2: I think we lost on purpose.
Speaker 7: The Papers Packers beat the Vikings, Seahawks beat the Titans, the Chiefs beat the Colts, the Jets lost to the Ravens, the Eagles lost to the Cowboys, and I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Like how you slowed that down. Oh, shut up with a great game too. We came from behind.
Speaker 2: Let me guess you like, yeah, you like that coming from behind. And let me get you going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Uh, we always going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: One year, one day before I die, we will be going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Okay, it might be this year. You never know.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna beat this year.
Speaker 4: You never know.
Speaker 7: The Rams beat the Buccaneers. And in Monday Night Football, the Panthers take on the forty nine. Is at eight fifteen.
Speaker 2: What's up, Mami?
Speaker 9: Good morning in Big Good morning, Charlamagne Heights, MEMI good, good morning. Okay, So we start this hour with growing backlash to a new rule that could change which degrees qualified for full federal loan support and.
Speaker 11: Reshape entire career fields.
Speaker 9: Now, under President Trump's One Big, Beautiful Bill, the Department of Education is updating what it counts as professional degrees. And that designation matters because it determines how much students can borrow. So up to fifty thousand dollars a year for a professional program and just over twenty thousand a year for everything else.
Speaker 11: And here's what's making people sound the alarm.
Speaker 9: Nursing did not make that professional degree list, so neither did physician assistants, physician therapists, educators, social workers, architects, accountants, engineer, counselors, therapists.
Speaker 11: The list goes on.
Speaker 9: And most Yeah, there's a lot of different categories under there, but the degrees that did make the cut includes just things like medicine, dentistry, law, pharmacy, veterinarian medicine, clinical psychology. Now nursing groups, though they are warning that this could be devastating. A bachelor's degree in nursing can cost up to two hundred and ten thousand dollars, and without that higher loan limit, many students simply won't be able to afford the path into that profession. And this is coming at a time in the US it's already short tens of thousands of nurses and instructors and other fields. They say the same, fewer students today means deeper shortages tomorrow, and the Department of Education says the concerns are exaggerated and that universities have had a blank check for too long, and this comes as the administration is moving to fold the Department of education into other federal agencies a move. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt is offending by saying the Education Department has no use.
Speaker 11: Let's listen to what she had to say.
Speaker 14: The democrats reckless forty three day government shutdown did manage to do one valuable thing. It proved that America does not need a federal Department of Education. During the longest shutdown in history, the Department of Education furloughed ninety percent of its staff, and America's education system was not impacted whatsoever. Schools stayed fully open across the country. Students attended class and received normal in person instruction, and our wonderful teachers received their paychecks uninterrupted.
Speaker 9: Well, we know that's not true because dozens of headstarts programs across the country were forced to close during the government shut down. We talked about that, and many more were days away from shutting their doors because those federal grants did not come through. But this new role could take effect July twenty twenty six unless they change it. But students in these fields they will face major financial barriers, and communities could see even deeper shortages and careers that they rely on the most. Have you guys seen this chatter on social media about them doing id ahead.
Speaker 4: I did, but I thought it was just the nurses.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was you said, architects, architects, social workists, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Mental health professionals from therapists, counselors.
Speaker 11: Yes, it's a whole group of people.
Speaker 1: So if architects, nurses, and therapists are not considered professionals, what do they consider, like these are some of the greatest public servants we have in our society.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: And that's the uproar right now on social media is what is happening because these are professions that people have, you know, spent their entire lives in and now the government is basically telling them that is not a real profession anymore.
Speaker 4: So what if our owe money on student loans?
Speaker 11: Are you still owe the money?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 4: You go to pay, You got to pay.
Speaker 11: You still gotta pay. But if you want to, if you want to go to school and you want.
Speaker 9: To become one of those you will not have the opportunity to get that much money.
Speaker 11: And that's the problem.
Speaker 9: It's going to deter people from wanting to be any of those professions because they're not going to be able.
Speaker 11: To afford it, and that's what's going on.
Speaker 4: That's horrible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so, and the concerns about the future staffing shortages, they tied directly into the bigger picture of where the job market stands right now. So the long delayed September Jobs report is finally out, and for a lot of families, it is just putting numbers to what they're already feeling. So if you've been job hunting longer than usual, if your hours got cut, or if your paycheck it isn't stretching the way it used to, then you've been living this report in real time. Because the economy it added only one hundred and nineteen thousand jobs in September. That's a little better than expected, but the unemployment rate still climbed four point four percent, and that's.
Speaker 11: The highest in nearly four years.
Speaker 9: And when you include people who can't find full time work or have stopped working altogether, that real number is about eight percent. And those numbers reflect real pressure on families, more jobs searching, more extra shifts, and people just trying to make their paycheck rise after everything else is going on with inflation and grocery prices still rising. So the report though it also shows a split economy.
Speaker 11: Healthcare, restaurants, and social services.
Speaker 9: They added jobs, that's the work you see in your neighborhoods every day. But sectors that usually provide long term stability, like transportation, warehousing, and professional services, they lost jobs. Now, those losses rarely trend online, but they matter to people who depend on steady hours and benefits. Now more people are coming back into the workforce. That's what the jobs report showed. They said that full time work is up, but that's also a sign of how expensive life has become.
Speaker 11: More people, even retire people, they need.
Speaker 9: To come back into the workforce because they have to keep up with those full time b bills. And so remember though that this report is only a snapshot because of the government shut down. It's backed up from two months ago, and so it really doesn't capture what's happening right now in November. But even with the lag, the message is clear that the job market is cooling, prices are still high, and the economy feels steadier on paper than I'm sure it does for many people at their kitchen table.
Speaker 11: So yeah, we'll continue to watch what that looks like.
Speaker 9: And switching to something a little lighter before we head into the holiday, We're going to talk turkey literally. So the USDA says most of us are still making the same mistake in the kitchen every year. So I'm gonna asky'll, do you wash your turkey before you cook it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta wash all your meat. I grew up in a household shut up in say nothing. Yeah, I could see it in your faith.
Speaker 1: I grew up in a house whole way all meat was washed. Yes, my wife watches meat. Now everybody watches meat.
Speaker 8: Yes, So the answer is yes.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, the us is out with this annual warning and they say, do not wash your turkey before cooking it. They say a lot of people still believe in an old school myth that rinsing a turkey cleans it, but they say that it doesn't. They say, washing that raw bird can actually spray bacteria up to three feet around your kitchen, onto the counters, your clothes, and even the side dishes sitting nearby. They say that even with all this information in science, sixty percent of Americans.
Speaker 11: Still watch wash their poultry.
Speaker 9: But the USDA says the only thing that kills bacteria is heat, So cooking your turkey at one hundred and sixty five degrees in the thickest parts. Also, this is what they want you to do, They said, pat it, dry, season it, and then put it straight into the oven.
Speaker 11: No rinsing, no sink parade, no quick splash.
Speaker 9: I know this sounds weird to me too, because you know, I grew up we wash our meat, we wash our poultry. We I don't understand how you just season it and put it in the oven.
Speaker 11: But that is that is the recommendation.
Speaker 1: Well, that recommendation came from white people. I'm positivist, that's number one. And you know the USDA ain't never talked about people farting in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: You don't think about that, do you what?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, fart and spreads bacteria too, the same way talking right there, fought and spreads backteria. And you know, women be walking around the kitchen with legs on, just cheffing it up, no draws, letting it loose in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Okay, jesus, I know, NB.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we got there.
Speaker 9: I don't know how we got there either, But I'm gonna bring it back just a little bit. And though so, just because we're officially in Thanksgiving crunch. They said that, just as a reminder, your turkey needs twenty four hours to fall out.
Speaker 11: So for every four to five pounds, you need twenty four hours.
Speaker 9: If you have like a twenty pound bird, it needs a four needs four full days. So if you haven't taken it out right now, it would be the perfect day to take it out. And since we're on the subject, how long, Because the USCA they have recommendations for this, So how long are you your Thanksgiving leftovers?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 11: Like, how many days you guys eat your Thanksgiving leftovers?
Speaker 2: Sunday nights and last night Monday, everything goes into the.
Speaker 1: Day, but it's a long time. Sundays long Sunday Thursday to Sunday Day's Thursday is Sunday Thursday. I watched the game, and the Sunday I watched the game. So Sunday Sunday everything goes into garbage. Monday's garbage pickup. And I'll be honest with you, I don't I think Thanksgiving food is trash the old I get like, I like stuffing, I like some yams. I don't really care for turkey like that. I don't like mac and cheese like that. No more like I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't even care for things giving food.
Speaker 2: So we do a little.
Speaker 7: We do a little Caribbean food, so we do West Indian foods. So we're gonna have some some mockstawn. We're gonna have your chicken.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: My aunt does that the day after they get My aunt does like all the seafoods from fried fish fries. I look forward more forward to that meal than I do Thanksgiving. What as USDA say, Well, the.
Speaker 11: USCA, you're about right. It says three to four days.
Speaker 9: So after three to four days you have to throw away the food. But I mean, if you like it that much, they says, you can freeze it and keep it for two to six months.
Speaker 11: Well, all right, y'all, thank you, so thank y'all. That is your front page news. I meet me Brown, follow me I mean me Brown TV.
Speaker 9: For more stories, fall the Black Information Network, download the free Heart Radio app.
Speaker 11: Or visit bi innews dot com.
Speaker 7: All right, now, when we come back, Brandy Evans will be joining us. You know Brandy Evans from Reasonable Doubt season three. Also she plays Mercedes on Pea Valley. And we're gonna talk to her next, it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: How I feel good? I feel amazing.
Speaker 21: It's caregiver appreciation months speak enough taking care of my mama. So this is my respite break too, just being out here in New York doing what I want to do, seeing some art, enjoying some cold weather, because I feel like we don't really get that in LA.
Speaker 4: Who's all a caregivers out there?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 4: Break down? What exactly do caregiver us to do?
Speaker 1: Because it's such an unappreciating service that they that they provide.
Speaker 8: That's a good question.
Speaker 21: Everything yere like for for me, my mom, Diana Harrington, she has multiple sclerosis, she has Alzheimer's and she's paraplegic. So basically it's like having my newborn with me at all times.
Speaker 8: And it just depends on what you're dealing with.
Speaker 21: It could be from feedings, the doctor's appointments, emotional support, just sitting with them, taking them out.
Speaker 8: You just never know.
Speaker 21: But caregivers need love and check on us too because we ain't all right all the time.
Speaker 1: And you know, people, I'm sure I don't know if you're through the system, but you know, people get paid.
Speaker 21: For that not everywhere. That's that's I'm glad you mentioned that New York is a blessing. La is a blessing. I think I heard Florida has a little bit, but everywhere else it's been frustrated.
Speaker 8: And that's why I had to move Mama from Memphis.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 21: So and then I moved into Atlanta season one when I was filming Pea Valley and had to move a back.
Speaker 8: Because I lost all my benefits.
Speaker 21: So it is that's that we just did care fast out here, and that's what we were talking about, getting the care because people aren't doing that, and either all of us are either going to be caregivers for somebody or somebody's gonna care for us at one time in our lives.
Speaker 8: So I don't know what's up with the government. So who does care for you?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 8: Because you've been doing this for a long, suit you take care of.
Speaker 21: But I watched your journey just over the years, even before I met you, and you are like your mom is your baby in between rolls, and I even shot a project with you and on a break, you on the phone, Mama, making sure everybody is in place while you're doing the things that you have to do to keep making the money. And then as soon as you finish, you and you go, you witch your mom, you wake up, you go back on sets.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 21: Because doing Pretty Stone, I had Mama in the hospital. So I was on the phone with doctors and they were like cut and I was like holding the doctor stayed while I did a scene on the phone and came back. So yeah, rehearsing lines and remembering the script and everything like that. I write my friends and family, I will say more so my friends. No, not to my family, but my friends are the ones that are out there with me. People like Ivri, who's with me here? When I'm filming season one, A p. Valley had a caregiver walk out and I checked the live camera stream and I'm like, what's going on? What's going on in Mama's room. He had connected all of my friends together. Then they took turns taking care of my mother while I filmed because the caregiver walked out. So my friends on my ride or eyes Sasha, you know my best Desasha, Sasha's at the house of Mama. Now like they I just have a good village, a good chosen family, which is a blessed.
Speaker 7: Would you ever put your You know, a lot of people talk about putting their moms or parents in the home.
Speaker 4: Would you do that?
Speaker 21: And while glad that actually I promised my mom I never would and she did go in one.
Speaker 8: So that's my story.
Speaker 21: On her birthday in twenty and fourteen, she had a fall. I was dancing background for Lettercy at the time. My little brother called me. He was like, Mama fail. She has to be in a rehabilitation center. And I'm like, the one promise I made to Mama, which is never put in a nurse home.
Speaker 8: She had to be in it, but never again.
Speaker 21: So that's when I fought for my life, start teaching dance classes all over the country and asking every celeb I knew, like, I don't need your money, but just a repost is a blessing. And we raised fourteen thousand dollars in four days, and I got my mama out of that nursing home. When that was December twenty first, It's be nine years I've had her since that day.
Speaker 7: The reason I ask is, you know, sometimes parents will say, you know what, I don't want to, you know, be a problem with your like I don't want to you know, you know, mess up what you have, so put me in a home so that way there is help. And then there's some people that say, you know, I'll never put my mind in a home. But having that he at.
Speaker 2: Twenty four to seven, I mean, I'm sure you know it's almost impossible.
Speaker 14: Right then.
Speaker 8: It's nine thousand dollars a month, to be exact.
Speaker 7: So my wife's mother had dementia in all times, and we had a full day, and if we didn't have a nanny helping, it would be almost impossible because you know, there's been times when she didne walked out the house and just kept walking. There was times where you know, she didn't know where the toilet was, So you know, it's like having a newborn at times. There's been times when you know, there's so much going on. So how do you deal with that twenty four seven and still work and still take care of your God?
Speaker 21: Because at this point it's just got to be all God because I'm so exhausted in New York. That's the first time I don't have the baby monitor bout my ear, and so when you hear that cough, you don't know, just like with your baby, are you choking or are you coughing? So then you're getting up running into the room trying to have that rest.
Speaker 8: It is exhausting. It is very exhausting.
Speaker 21: But I also don't knock people that have to do that because everybody's situation is different. I think that if you have to put them there, you got to stay on top of them. I was stalking the home, like I was showing up. I was popping up. At one point, they was like, we feel like you're watching us.
Speaker 8: I am am, I am because it's my mom and that where she was.
Speaker 21: My mom probably wouldn't be alive right now if I wouldn't have gotten her. One time I popped up and Mama was like laid over with a fever and I had to break her fever. By the way, you can break her fever with alcohol, just rub it on the baby's back. Mama taught me that when I was a little girl, rub rubbing out cal on the back.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I honestly don't know. I'm still trying to.
Speaker 21: I'm working through it with therapy and just trying to find my peace and taking more vacations and things for myself too. And that's hard too, because now Mama had a meltdown about me coming to New York because she was like, why are you leaving me? And I can you know, with kids, I.
Speaker 8: Know y'all overstaying.
Speaker 21: You don't want to leave the babies, but we gotta work. We gotta have some time for us because I can't pour from the empty cup.
Speaker 1: I love this conversation so much because years years years years years ago, God bless the dead. Andre Herrell called me and had a whole conversation about this exactly and introduced me to the world of Caregive was an introduce to a woman named Gina Lisa Montcero, and she's the founder of the Medicaid Advisory Group and they're a consulting company who assists elders and family caregivers and so you know, she helped my family with some stuff, and she helped a lot of my friends.
Speaker 4: I think it's just something that people don't know about it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and we don't think about it until we have to be in that situation. Because I never thought about it and then I realized, oh, this is Medicare, Medicaid all the different things like it's hard and if you don't have it, you can't get your supplies. You can't pay, and paying for these supplies at the house is very expensive if you don't have that help son.
Speaker 4: That's what Gina Lisa does.
Speaker 1: She helps you just navigate the help get system because it's complex.
Speaker 21: Yes, yeah, and they don't want us to know about it at all.
Speaker 8: They definitely don't want us to know about it.
Speaker 7: So yeah, how we got more with Brandy Evans when we come back. You know her from Reasonable Doubts. She also plays Mercedes on Pea Valley.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, everybody in dej V. Just Hilarius Charlamagne, the god we are.
Speaker 7: The Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Brandy Evans you know her from Reasonable Doubts season three.
Speaker 2: Also how she plays Mercedes on the p Valley. Yes, and so you.
Speaker 21: Said therapy, so you are currently Yes, I gotta find a new therapist though the last one I had. I'm like, it's been a minute and she ain't really answer to that phone, So I need to find me.
Speaker 8: But then it's.
Speaker 21: Finding the right people, and they're trusting people too, because I'm like, it's like, I don't really want you to talk about.
Speaker 8: What I do.
Speaker 21: I just want to I want to be Brandy. I don't want to be the actor. I just want to be Brandy the caregiver and.
Speaker 8: Just talk about things. What about y'all? Is that hard for y'all to do when you go to therapy? Y'all go to therapy.
Speaker 4: I'm on my.
Speaker 8: Yeah, trying to find that right fit.
Speaker 21: It's like, yeah, I haven't I heard it. It's like I haven't started therapy yet. I would like to, but I just I haven't started yet. But I hear that a lot in people like my son's father. He's like, Yo, I just can't find the right person, you know what I mean? And then he also battles with trusting, like yo, how can this person tell me anything? How can he fix me if he never been through what I've been through, if they don't look like me or you know. So he's like trying to find a black man to talk.
Speaker 4: I got a good one for him.
Speaker 8: We need to share.
Speaker 1: Talk about my first my first therapist. I wanted somebody that was completely opposite, so I was looking. I actually was looking for like an Asian woman. I ended up with a white woman and she was cool. But it is something about having a black male therapist who's culturally competent. You don't got to explain too much. A lot of things he already understands. Yeah, yeah, now, but you as gonna be kind of hard because he had to deal with you.
Speaker 4: So I needed to know.
Speaker 8: What Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 8: Like how I'm going. I'm doing good.
Speaker 21: I'm very better now anyway, better next year.
Speaker 8: Season three?
Speaker 21: Reasonable Doubt. I'm so proud of you. What drew you to the character Monica? Well, first of all, I wasn't drawn at all to the character Monica because she's a mess. But I was drawn to the show total opposite. So I I always wanted to be unreasonable doubt. I've been watching the show, it was on my vision board, and I want to do something different than p Valley. So but then when Ramula called about the director session, I.
Speaker 8: Was like, oh, my lord, Monica.
Speaker 21: And I didn't find out till after I auditioned what was happening and they gave me the storyline in the arc of this, and I was like, Oh, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 8: And they finish drag me and these internet streets.
Speaker 21: But that's when I knew it gonna be worth it, and it's a great story, not a great but an important story to tell because.
Speaker 8: Have y'all seen it yet? It's okay if you haven't, No, okay, all right.
Speaker 21: So I'm playing an agent and there's this child star named Ozzie Edwards. And just like most child stars they growing up with, you know, they got the money, the fame. But the gag is I'm his agent who's been molesting him since he was thirteen years old, which is terrible. But a lot of times people let that pass with boys because they think, you know, it's dope that there's an older woman trying to turn him on. But it's not cool, so he kept it hidding. The secret comes out and it's it's a gag. And I have six nephews.
Speaker 4: You're trying to be funny. Can't share nothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm asking, Yeah, something fun?
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, But I didn't want to make sure it wasn't triggered, because that's what happened to him. He was blested by an older woman, Yes, but the reason he wanted it to white.
Speaker 2: Reason because she had a jerry.
Speaker 1: I didn't like to smell her er, that's what I saw, But I actually didn't like what she was doing to me. Okay, but I told myself it was just smelling her Jerry Crow when I was eight.
Speaker 21: Okay, yes, you know what, different things to cope this this young man. On episode nine, the younger version of me says to him, Oh, I'm sorry to know you were gay, which is terrible. And that's what I feel like some women will do to young boys too, to try to push them off and make them feel like you know, that's why you want to Yeah, they do all types of stuff. And and she was wrong, not you so well, you was talk.
Speaker 8: About a drinker.
Speaker 3: And the.
Speaker 4: Therapist.
Speaker 2: Okay, but then when he got old, it happened again. He would sit on laps.
Speaker 4: It was just.
Speaker 8: This isn't much work. It was, and you're gonna say you like it, and I'm doing all this work.
Speaker 2: What well?
Speaker 21: The finale dropped last week, okay, okay. And at the end because his his attorney Jax, who is Amiazi, she plays the star in the show, Well, she finds out what happened. She puts Monic on the stand and it comes out to the family everybody, and then at the end Monica decides to.
Speaker 8: Go in and shoot the place up, and we don't know.
Speaker 1: Who she shot so emotional place you've ever had to go to for a role with it?
Speaker 21: That probably that absolutely. I got six nephews and so just to think about my baby boys like i'd be in jail or hell.
Speaker 2: Did you think that part though? Because it absolutely not.
Speaker 21: Because I think it's my job as an actor to tell the stories, even the ones that are difficult. And I've had fans that are like, I can't believe you do that. After Mercedes, we love Misstads. Why would you come do this? Maybe it'll make you pay attention to your baby boorver they come home. Yeah, maybe they'll make you ask different questions or if you see him shifting. So that's why I always want to take on roles that tell important stories. Yeah, we work out. I love working out, going hiking. Honestly, I'd be with Mama so much that I just have to just tap away from it. But yeah, just stay in touch with who I am and step twelve of the actor the actor handbook for me is let it go.
Speaker 8: So it's not real.
Speaker 7: I was gonna ask, so, how are you with your nephews? Do you have different conversations with them now? Like, hey, let me talk to you for a second.
Speaker 21: Oh, always, because I know DJ, because I know you listening.
Speaker 8: Yes, that my nephews are cute too.
Speaker 21: So I've already had that situation with them with older women, and I pick up the phone and call. I told one girl. I was like, I will find you and you will go to jail, and I'm just gonna leave it at that. They try to absolutely, Jesus said, absolutely. They do it all the time. I mean, so, I'm not crazy so seeing this, I also did my research on it. But I've also seen it. I'm the only girl, so I've seen how the women act. You know, you know your brother finally he's married and he's younger, you know.
Speaker 8: So yeah, do you.
Speaker 2: Look at people?
Speaker 7: Sorry, do you look at people differently when you see like so not a big thing in our community is you'll see like a thirty year old dating an eighteen year old or a forty year old dating a twenty year old. Do you look at people differently now because of that, because of the role you play?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so long as they are of age.
Speaker 21: I need them to be of age, because I mean, as long as they grown, that's that's their business. I stay out of it but longers but under age. I'm absolutely unest I'm snitching. I think it is very important that you didn't bring up the fact that when it's like a double standards. Yeah, when it when it's a woman, right, who is older going after a guy? I mean, you know, a young guy, people tend to like leave that. Yeah, it's okay. Oh you you did that, that's what you called her. It's not okay. The whole time, you don't even know how the young person is thinking. These young men, their minds are not even like that. Theyre trying to be cool at the end of the day, and the whole time it's.
Speaker 8: Like, damn, I was really molested.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 8: That's that's appropriate.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't even make jokes about it if it was a woman.
Speaker 8: No, that's that point. That is a huge point.
Speaker 21: No one's making a joke about it when it's someone. Why are we joking about it when it's man. No, that's a wonderful question.
Speaker 8: No, for sure.
Speaker 19: Don't try to figure now, yo, you make fun with.
Speaker 1: Yourself, it's how you cold. I'm really hurting on the inside. No, when Brandy, when you think about your evolution from dancer the actress what part of your past shows up the most in your your acting today.
Speaker 21: I think as a dancer, we learned how to take direction. We learn how to take direction quick because you ain't got time for that. And if you if you were Lari and Gibson and she said I need you to point that toe and get to the end of the stage by the next eight you're gonna figure it out. So I feel like I took that, especially with on Pea Valley, because we had to do dancing and things of that sort. I was able to take that direction. So I think directors enjoy that. And I've always heard that dancers are the best actors because they can take direction easily, and we not.
Speaker 8: We have thick skins.
Speaker 21: So you literally could yell at me and be like that sucks. I'd be like, for real, no, what you needing on the next take to make it not stand like I just it's real hard for me to get in my feelings about that.
Speaker 7: We got more with Brandy Evans when we come back. You know her from Reasonable Doubts. She also plays Mercedes on Pea Valley. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, Owning Everybody, It's dj V just Hilarius Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Brandy Evans. You know her from Reasonable Doubts season three. Also she plays Mercedes on pa Valley Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: You know, people talk about the physicality of Pea Valley all the time, but what's something mental about that role of Mercedes that people don't realize?
Speaker 4: Texas.
Speaker 21: Oh, that's a really good question. My back is still in the workman's comp though.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 21: But I think mentally, for me, let me just say, because I talked to high school English, so then I jumped into that accent so hard back home that a lot of times my friend be like, you can you get out of chuck Atleasta because what happened to your like what happened to your dialect?
Speaker 8: So I feel like it shifted that.
Speaker 21: But mentally, we were filming so late at night, you almost like you almost felt like you were a part of that world so much. You're going to bed when the when the sun is up, and then you're going to work, and we're we're literally on set at two three in the morning and then going to bed at seven am, Like you were really immersed in that world. So I think that this season you're going to see some things and you'll understand when you see it that it took a lot for me to get some of those things out of my head. Season two was tough because of my daughter and the abortion scene and all of that information. But I also my daughter passed away, so I had a steel birth and so she would have been the same age.
Speaker 8: Lyric would have been the same.
Speaker 21: Age as Azaria or Tererica on PA Valley. So that part, you know, mentally for me was tough because I felt like Azaria.
Speaker 8: It was like my daughter in real life, so.
Speaker 21: Things like that, detaching from that at times so that those scenes were emotional. Those were the most emotional, but they were the most beautiful to me because it felt like I got my baby in the sense it's like God gave me Azaria, who played Terarika in that same age, So it was like I was able to have my baby girl.
Speaker 8: In season two of Pevalley.
Speaker 21: Now that you say that, yeah, you were more Your Mercedes definitely.
Speaker 8: Was more emotional, and it was a lot more scenes where.
Speaker 21: The storys were crying too, trying to think all the steakes in hand of trying to save her baby, and that was the whole thing, just trying to make life better for herself and her child and then her mother exactly.
Speaker 8: Relationship was very tumultuous, and that was my real life a little bit not like that.
Speaker 21: And now she wasn't Patrice Woodbine, but me and my mom had a tumultuous relationship.
Speaker 8: So I was able to And who was that in life?
Speaker 21: No, not just in life. I think it was just that mother daughter dynamics. Sometimes that could just be like that. But when I start caring for her, you know that had to because you gotta forgive. But I was able to use P Valley Season one to get out everything I'd never say to my mama.
Speaker 22: And.
Speaker 8: Oh, I get to say what now?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 21: So just healing, healing through P Valley. I feel like that was a very healing.
Speaker 1: That was a great segue because I was going to a playing that dynamic change how you see generational trauma.
Speaker 21: Absolutely absolutely. I was just talking to someone about that certain things isn't necessary, isn't necessary to get that whooping, isn't necessary to beat them? Can you actually talk to them and tell them what's going on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 8: Can we can we communicate better.
Speaker 21: So I do think playing those different roles, you don't have to yell and scream and and be little, you know, because the hope this is the same person that you're belittling. It's the same person you want to come to you and trust that you can. They can tell you their deep secrets.
Speaker 8: Come to me, come to me. We don't want to be scared.
Speaker 21: So that to me made me pay attention to you know what, if im I'm blessed to be able to be a parent, I would parents so differently. But I also the older I get, I also know we all do the best we can because I feel like all of us, you know, our kids could probably say the same thing, like when you did this, you did that.
Speaker 8: You're doing the best you can.
Speaker 21: And the older you get, you start realizing, you know what, my mama really did the best you could.
Speaker 4: But I do realize as a parent, every child challenges you do.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Like you think you're gonna parent all of them the same, you can't.
Speaker 1: No, No, I mean there's a core foundation of love, right, I know you love them, but no, they all will challenge you in a different way.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Absolutely, did you challenge your mother? I don't know, Mama swing on me so quick.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 21: I don't know that I got that challenge. I might have tried to challenge one time and never again. I still to this day. But I also love that healthy respect because to this day, I don't care if she in that wheelchair. I'm not going to go talking crazy to her at all. That's my mama. And I feel like you only give one you respect your parents. Yeah, so how does she feel about your success? Have you ever just sat down and just talk to.
Speaker 4: Her about it?
Speaker 21: How does she I'm not gonna cry, I'm not. I don't know that she knows the Alzheimer's of it all. Yeah, I don't know that she knows. Almost every day I'm reminding her of.
Speaker 8: Who I am.
Speaker 2: Does she remember? Does she remember you? I was gonna ask that a days.
Speaker 21: Yes, Sometimes she doesn't, and I go and hide in the closet. And that's the biggest acting job I've ever done. I'll go put myself on speakerphone and I'll go call her daughter, Brandy, and then I'll hide in the room and talk to her and I'll come back and it's like almost like the notebook. Sometimes like she remembers. Sometimes sometimes she doesn't. I'll say, you know, where do we live, She'll say Memphis because she remembers Memphis. But then I'll point to myself on the screen and like that. She saw reasonable down and had attitude.
Speaker 8: She was so upset. I was like, Mama, it's not real.
Speaker 21: I really did not touch that boys. But then then I'll come back and then she'll be like I was like that me, and she was like really, you know so it's just I've learned to not not make them confused more by it and just be like, yeah, you know what, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 7: That was one of the toughest things I've ever seen my wife deal with. We were actually on the plane. We were coming back from overseas Dubai, and we were in first class and she got up and she was trying to go downstairs because she said she.
Speaker 2: Had to go to work, and they're like, go to work, this is work. So she woke up.
Speaker 7: I was like, no, mom just standing up and she did not know who her daughter was, and my wife started crying. Of course, she was like, how does my mom not know who she was? And then when I got up, she knew who I.
Speaker 4: Was, and it was the weirdest.
Speaker 2: It was the weirdest thing, Like she knew me.
Speaker 7: Here was showing I'm just trying to go to work and I'm like, no, Mama, this is We're in the plane. But she didn't know who my mom was, and but when we landed she did. But it was just it hurt so much because I was like, this is my mother. I'm like, I'm her carregive. I'm the one that makes her take a medicine.
Speaker 2: And wash it.
Speaker 8: On a plane.
Speaker 21: Yes, it's very My mom asked me for car keys the other day. I just want to lay them on her lap, like you just got it. At this point, we just smile and played again.
Speaker 8: I said, where you want. She's about to try to taro from She's from Turrel, Arkansas. I was like, okay.
Speaker 21: Then it's like, well it's a litt late right now, but I'm put the keys right here. I'm gonna go to bed, you know, like I've learned to play with it. But then I go back in that room and cry. You know, I try not to cry in front of her, but it is it is the hardest thing ever. It's like, Mama, don't remember me. When she asked me that time, like, what's your mama name you? And I was like Brandy. She's like, oh, me too, and I was like, oh my gosh, she doesn't know it's me.
Speaker 4: That's this question. What if you heard that car crank up?
Speaker 21: Listen, I've probably been happy. I would have been happy, but like girl getting getting a passion seat though, But.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's the lesson from real life Brandy that Mercedes that's really meant?
Speaker 8: Oh? Oh, that's a good question, Mercedes pretty dope.
Speaker 21: Maybe that even when things look like they aren't gonna go the way you want them to keep going, don't let it break you. Because I feel like at times you saw Mercedes break a little, but she always picked herself back up. But I think I've gotten better with as of late just being like, all right, it's gonna have to work out, because we a lot of times we freak out first and then we circle back. I'm getting better. Ain't there yet, but I'm getting better with just being like.
Speaker 8: It's just is what it is. It's gonna work out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So let's flip it.
Speaker 1: What's a lesson from Mercedes that real life Brandy needs that hustle?
Speaker 8: Oh that's good.
Speaker 21: You know what, don't be afraid because I think about you know, Mercedes going after her gym, and I want to write my book. So as you as you called me out on this in this moment, what you're.
Speaker 8: So scared of Brandy write your book? Yes, brand okay, all right?
Speaker 21: Yeah, because she went after it anyway when things and I always keep saying, yeah, I know why I got time to write.
Speaker 8: I got MoMA, I got this and that Mercedes figured it out.
Speaker 21: Thank you, get my girl up here. Thank you so much, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's Brandy Evans. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Thank you everything.
Speaker 21: Thank you, thank you, and y'all make sure y'all get you all some caregiver merch. I have a Caregiver Strong right shop dot Brandyevans dot com. And I one that says the short that says I don't have the capacity because it's okay to not have the capacity sometimes, and one that says caregiver strong because it's a different type of strength when you're a caregiver.
Speaker 7: Brandy Evans is the Breakfast Club. Good morning, all right, let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren becoming the street fast she gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 8: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the latest on you, the latest with Lauren la Rosa. Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: On the breakfast club now, Lauren. Lauren's born day was Saturday. Correct, So she's on the beach somewhere. That's right, that's right. So Lauren sent me too.
Speaker 4: Did we figure out which one?
Speaker 2: She said her only bay?
Speaker 7: Now, Lauren said me up with all the rumor reports, so she said, hope you're doing okay and getting through the t NB. I can't wait to get to the pool after I sober up.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see you. I don't want to hear you.
Speaker 7: Spell no tea and tell milk dud thumb head ass you. We've been at the going out stage, but I've been extra about him formally asking for a while and he must have been tied here in my mouth, so he asked me, sorry.
Speaker 1: Let me get past to Joel back up here and explain to you that there between a girlfriend and a wife.
Speaker 4: You better stop it, no, because I just saw the picture. What we're talking about is.
Speaker 1: There was a picture that Lauren posed it on her story and you know, homie, I put the roses and everything license, but it sat on the window.
Speaker 4: It said, well you be my girlfriend.
Speaker 7: I'm like, huh, that's what she said that all right? She said, stop milk dud, dumb head, right now, let's jump into it. So she sent me somer Walker. Now some of Walker was trending all weekend because she sent Rich the Kid a voice note that basically said, you can stay with your chick.
Speaker 2: I just want to be the side and I.
Speaker 5: Cannot bother y'all, Like you can buy me a new phone so she don't know the number and save it us saving under pizza hut for all I care.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna post it.
Speaker 5: Nothing, because y'all was never going to stop each other anyway. That's why I just like kind of just up because she was acting crazy. She's always acting crazy. She'd be fighting people and everything, calling the flower shop looking.
Speaker 10: For the address. Like I don't have time for that.
Speaker 5: I can't have a serious relationship with someone when they baby Mama act like that. So I'm so glad that you're going back together on one chat to be together forever.
Speaker 10: And I just want to go with you because y'all was never going to stop each other.
Speaker 7: Now we're talking about you change, man, You're off.
Speaker 1: What I thank you for reminding what I'm saying is I respect it like I respect the side. Chick who knows the place? You don't want to be the turkey. She wants to be the yams, right, she wants to be the stuff. She wants to be the mac and cheese.
Speaker 7: Now, Rich the Kid is in a relationship with Toy Bricks. Yes, and some of Walker said, look, I know what it is. You got your thing going on, and.
Speaker 2: I will be the side. And that audio leak. People believe Rich the Kid leaked that audio.
Speaker 7: So after the audio leaked, some of Walker responded and said how she really felt.
Speaker 8: I just want to be the side.
Speaker 24: That's what I will see him like.
Speaker 10: I just want to be decided and I just.
Speaker 25: Want you to kill I don't like him enough to lay up next to him every day.
Speaker 24: I don't even know how you do it. I'm not gonna start talking about him, but you know the things about him. I was just trying to play my little position. He clearly won't stop. And you know he's obsessive. You can like say that you're.
Speaker 18: Gonna leave HI alone and he will just call you back to back to back. Get to call your friends, get to call your manager, get to call your assistant, get to sit and stuff that.
Speaker 10: See money every now and then you just give him.
Speaker 4: Both of y'all are older than me.
Speaker 18: By the way, you're older, and that's an old ass.
Speaker 25: I'm still in my twenties. Why would we be on the internet as adults. We all have kids, Like, why are we even doing this? I just didn't even get the point that. But anyway, I'm gonna say whatever.
Speaker 8: I got to say to that baby.
Speaker 25: You think I really love him, you think I really want him?
Speaker 24: Idea, you would be cooked out on the street.
Speaker 8: That is a sis.
Speaker 1: She just wants to be the Yans Like she just wants to be the mac and cheese. She just wants to be the stuff. And hey, man, they's a part of me that respects it.
Speaker 7: But women are mad saying that this man is in a relationship, and if she knows she's in a relationship, she should fall back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wonder if two women could ever come to an agreement about this man, because there's there's a lot about what she's said, and I don't I want to take it out of him because I don't know any of them personally.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about some of the stuff she said.
Speaker 1: She said, Yo, if you know your man is out there doing dirt or whatever, right and you're not gonna leave him, I don't want him. I just want to be with him. Every couple of times his sisters say, I just want to be on the weekend or whatever.
Speaker 4: Whatever. Could two women ever come to an agreement about that.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking. I ain't am I'm just asking.
Speaker 7: Rich The kid responded, ain't heard the man's calling me right now.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying so she to have me?
Speaker 3: But she was bigger.
Speaker 7: So I don't understand that he said what he says, she's still calling right now, that she's the one obsessed. That's what he's basically saying. So I don't know what happens. I don't know what goes on in that relationship. Now, sadly, should open up the fall us next hour. What do you want to ask?
Speaker 1: Because I just I just wanted I just want to have a conversation about this because I just was I saw this situation this weekend, and I was just thinking about it, and I was just like, oh, he was thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about it from the perspective of I kind of respect. What's someone coming from. She just want to be the side, But you got to get the turkey to agree to that. The turkey gotta agree that you can be the side.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, And some sad news.
Speaker 7: It seems like Candy Burst and Todd Tucker split after eleven years of marriage and two children. They had decided to split ways and get it divorced. Now people are assuming Lauren sent me this clip, is said play this clip because she believes this is where it comes from.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna be real with y'all.
Speaker 26: For young women who are bosses and have all this money and got this extra I understand the double standard, but I think you will. So you need to understand the man that you're with, the man that you chose, and you're allowed to choose you that you can't be so mind my mind. You have to open up within a reason. I'm not saying going by the Bentleys and doing done. But you got to invest in y'all, y'all future, and you gotta let your man feel like a man in those scenarios because with all the money that you have, you can't up by yourself.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 26: Because at times that type of energy of its mind, it's hard to get someone say it's mine.
Speaker 4: And a relationship that's supposed to be yours. Allars are not saying can I talk?
Speaker 26: Can talk?
Speaker 10: Can I talk?
Speaker 26: And it's not about hey, I got this ten million, let me give you five. It's not that. It's more so just knowing, like, yo, we got each other. You know whatever, let's build, let's make it happen. But when you're a person saying, mind a lot.
Speaker 4: That it sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So Laurens saying that she feels like the reason capositible, the reason of the divorce coul possibly because he wanted.
Speaker 2: More in a relationship.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is Laurence think. And that is the latest with Lauren. The biggest problem with the summer and talk all right, what none of that should be public like that?
Speaker 2: That's what she said. That's what someone said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that should have been a conversation amongst them if they was really serious about the whole Polynesian sauce thing. What is the poly memory whatever. Yeah, Polly, yeah, like that whole poly thing, because I've heard Summers say that. I heard someumer say that. Just now she cool with just being the stuff in the yams. The mac and Cheese Scissor wrote a song about the weekend.
Speaker 4: Right, clearly there's people out there that you.
Speaker 2: Know, uncomfortable with that.
Speaker 4: But you got to get the turkey to agree.
Speaker 2: The main has to agree.
Speaker 4: The main has to agree, and we'll open up.
Speaker 7: The phone lines. Yes, eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five to one. Is this a situation that can work? I guess that's what we're asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm not saying I agree with it, No, I'm just saying that there's a part of me that can understand where everybody comes.
Speaker 2: I can't even understand. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: No I do. I do. I respect with something coming from I respect.
Speaker 2: What she's saying, but not if the main doesn't understand. It's like, that's my.
Speaker 1: Point, then that's what I mean. Is this something that could actually be a thing. But even when she said, I don't even know how you lay up with them all day? All right, what say you wanted to get rid of it sometimes, all right, So we'll open up the phone lines and have that discussion.
Speaker 7: And last laugh forgot to say that somebody sent her ten boxes of pizza Hut. Of course, remember she said you could buy me a phone and say it's pizza Hut under it. So they believe Tory sent her like ten boxes of pizza Hut because they said she might have been starving. Huh, yeah, you talk about let's talk about it. Yeah, well, we'll open up the phone lines and discuss all right now, Charlaman, who you get that donkey too?
Speaker 4: Man for after the hour.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was inspired to do this after watching Mayor of Alec Xoran Mundani and the forty seventh President of the United States of America forty five and forty seven, Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump, have their meeting on Friday. So I just want all.
Speaker 1: These politicians who be using a certain kind of rhetoric to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 4: We'd like to have a word with them this morning.
Speaker 7: I'll explain it, all right, we'll get to that next it don't move. It's to breakfast local morning.
Speaker 27: Tell you time.
Speaker 4: This is America.
Speaker 12: There is no question and there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey.
Speaker 2: The latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 11: Now the new developments in the deathly spatshooting.
Speaker 4: Rampage man yesterday, it was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.
Speaker 24: And so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 1: Okay, White supremacist violence, it is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 4: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white. The breakfast club bitches.
Speaker 15: All right, trendy, please tell me why was I.
Speaker 10: Your donkey of the day?
Speaker 1: You know, donkey today for Monday, November twenty fourth. It's inspired by the meeting between Mayor Aleg Zoron Mundanni and the forty fifth and forty seventh President of the United States of America, Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump.
Speaker 1: If you haven't heard on this past Friday, Zoran Mundanni and Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump had a meeting at the White House. Okay.
Speaker 1: In the statements and reporting, they discussed affordability, the cost of living crisis, public safety, economic security, and federal local cooperations or on express that even with deep ideological differences, there has to be a practical working relationship between the federal government in New York City.
Speaker 4: Let's listen to some of what was said.
Speaker 1: Are you a.
Speaker 11: Formain that you think President Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 28: I've spoken about that, Okay, all ryer.
Speaker 6: It's easier than explaining a pedal.
Speaker 2: But would you feel comfortable living in New York City under a.
Speaker 6: Mom dogdis Yeah, I would, especially after the meeting. Absolutely, we agree on a lot more than I would have thought.
Speaker 28: I am really looking forward to delivering for New Yorkers in partnership with the President on the affordability agenda.
Speaker 2: So we're going to help him.
Speaker 6: But I really think there's a chance to do a great job.
Speaker 10: I'll be cheering for him.
Speaker 2: Didn't mention anything about America.
Speaker 6: I think he is going to surprise some conservative people actually, and very liberal people. I think I met with a very I met with a man who's a very rational person.
Speaker 4: So well, they're being very cordial to each other, very nice to each other. I completely agree with that.
Speaker 1: And anyone who thought there wasn't gonna be a working relationship between New York City and the federal government doesn't understand politics. But the reason I have gathered us here today is because I don't want to hear any politicians call each other, extreme names like fascist, communists, authoritarian, wanna be dictator. None of that kind of rhetoric can come from politicians anymore. It's all dead because don't none of y'all really believe it. Okay, And if you call someone that and then turn around and say, but I'm willing to work with them.
Speaker 4: It looks very hypocritical.
Speaker 1: Okay, leave that type of commentary for the pundits, all right, like myself for the social media YouTube commentator crowd. And y'all go do your jobs, okay, Go govern Go be diplomatic, Go do the politics thing, all right.
Speaker 4: That rhetoric is irresponsible in this climate.
Speaker 1: All right, both parties row people up, you know, have we the people mad at each other, fighting in the street, fighting online? Some folks literally commit acts of violence against their political opposition.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile the politicians are out here working with each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, do we not remember some of the things Trump and one Donnie said about each other.
Speaker 4: Let's listen.
Speaker 22: It's going to be hard for me as the president to give a lot of money to New York because if you have a communist running New York, all you're doing is wasting the money you're sending there we have.
Speaker 4: One because New Yorkers have stood up for a city.
Speaker 28: They can afford, where the mayor will use their power to reject Donald Trump's fascism.
Speaker 6: This guy is a communist at the highest level and he wants to destroy New York.
Speaker 28: I will not be intimidated by this president. I will not be intimidated by anyone because my job here is to serve the people have dissisted.
Speaker 2: This communist from New York. Someday gets elected.
Speaker 22: I can't believe that's happening.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible thing for our country.
Speaker 4: By the way, so hear.
Speaker 28: Me President on when I say this, to get to any of us, you will.
Speaker 4: Have to get through all of us. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'sa all political theater, okay, And it's irresponsible because they got us out here choosing side gang gang on each other.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile they working together.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna be mad at a person because of who they voted for, who they supported politically, But then watch the people you support be willing to work with them. I know some of y'all out there saying, but they politicians, they have to work together. Yes they do, and they should, but stop with the extreme rhetoric like fascism and communism.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Zoran Mundanni was on NBC News yesterday and he said he still believes Donald Trump's a fascist, but he's willing to work with him.
Speaker 4: Let's listen.
Speaker 16: In that press conference with President Trump, a reporter asked you whether you believe that President Trump is in fact a fascist, word that you've used in the past.
Speaker 8: You're about to answer.
Speaker 16: Then President Trump sort of jumped in and he said, quote, that's okay.
Speaker 8: You can just say yes.
Speaker 16: It's easier than explaining it. So, mister elect, just to be very clear, do you think that President Trump is a fascist?
Speaker 28: And after President Trump said that, I said, yes, and so you do. And that's something that I've said in the past I say today. And I think what I appreciated about the conversation that I had with the President was that we were not shy about the places of disagreement about the politics that has brought us to this moment, and we also wanted to focus on what it could look like to deliver on a shared analysis of an affordability crisis for New Yorkers.
Speaker 1: Listen in America, my name is Leonard McKelvey, commonly known as Charlamagne of God, and I believe words matter. Now I'm not the highest grade of weed in the dispensary, but based on everything I know about fascism, if someone truly believes a political figure as a fascist, then the idea of working with them is contradictory.
Speaker 4: Okay. Fascism isn't a normal political disagreement, all right.
Speaker 1: Disagreeing on tax rates is a normal political disagreement. Economic issues, environmental concerns, those are normal political disagreements.
Speaker 4: Fascism is not okay.
Speaker 1: When you cause them one a fascists, you are accusing them of being fundamentally anti democratic, authoritarian and willing to use the power I will of the state the crush opposition. Okay, if you believe someone is fascist and historically and morally you resist them or use institutions, law and coalitions to contain them. Okay, limit their power, you organize against them, litigate against them, but you don't collaborate, because collaboration with a fascist regime, even on small issues, legitimizes it.
Speaker 4: So if Zorn truly believes Trump is.
Speaker 1: A fascist and working with him makes zero sense, but this is my issue. He doesn't fully believe Trump is a fascist, just like Trump doesn't fully believe when Donnie is a communist.
Speaker 4: It's all political theater.
Speaker 1: Now, there are a lot of things Trump has done and it's said that look like fascism and authoritarian strategy to me, But I feel like that's the media's job to call it out. Okay, Politicians clearly can't do that because the words don't match the actions. And that's when you just look like a dishonest politician who says whatever to get elected.
Speaker 4: Because once again, if.
Speaker 1: You think someone is a fascist but you believe you can work with them, that's what a question of hypocrisy becomes unavoidable.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen to me.
Speaker 1: I know I have a list, all right, so you don't take me serious. But you can't call someone a fascist and then treat them like a normal political partner.
Speaker 4: Those two positions contradict each other.
Speaker 1: So the real question for Trump, Okay, Mundani, A real question for Trump and Mundannie.
Speaker 4: You know, Jesus, what should be asked to them?
Speaker 1: Hey, Trump, were you exaggerating when you called Mundanni a communist? Hey, Zoran, were you exaggerating when you called Trump a fascists?
Speaker 4: Are Zoran?
Speaker 1: Are you now minimizing fascism by agreeing to work with Trump or Trump, are you minimizing communism by agreeing to work with Zorn.
Speaker 4: Here's the answer to all these questions.
Speaker 1: It's politics as usual, and I'm sick of politicians doing this because once again, you know who it hurts the most.
Speaker 4: Us.
Speaker 1: You done told your aunt and three of your cousins f you you not invited to Thanksgiving this year because of who they supported politically. Meanwhile, the people we supported politically are willing to support each other. If Zoran and Trump can be in the White House smiling at each other and excessively touching on each other, then you and your family can enjoy Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Jenner together.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen to all elected a fifth.
Speaker 1: If you call somebody a fascists or communists but then sit down and work with them like everything is normal, you make those words meaningless, all right.
Speaker 4: It's dangerous to do that.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous to weaken those terms, and it confuses the public. Right when you call someone a fascists, a communists, it's supposed to mean something serious.
Speaker 4: You talking Hitler, Mussolini.
Speaker 1: And politicians are using these terms for emotional leverage, not accuracy, and the danger in that, the danger in that people the public becomes numb to real authoritarian threats. Please give every politician who has done this, because it's not just when Donnie and Trump, it's.
Speaker 4: All of them, the biggest he huff.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, indeed, thank you for that donkey today.
Speaker 7: Yes, now quickly if you're just joining us eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: Someone Walker. She was talking about her relationship or the relationship.
Speaker 7: She wants with Rich the kid and his baby Mom's Tory bricks.
Speaker 2: This is what she said about that relationship.
Speaker 5: I just I'm not gonna bother y'all, Like you can buy me a new phone so she don't know the number and save it us, save it under pizza hut for all I care.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna post.
Speaker 5: Nothing because y'all was never gonna stop each other anyway. That's why I just like kind of just up because she was acting crazy.
Speaker 10: She's always acting crazy.
Speaker 5: She'd be fighting people and everything, calling the flower shop looking for the address, Like, I don't have time for that. I can't have a serious relationship with someone when they baby Mama act like that. So I'm so glad that treilling back together on one chat.
Speaker 10: To be together for ever. And I just want to go with you because y'all was never gonna stop each other.
Speaker 2: That's the question.
Speaker 4: I just want to I just want to know what y'all think of this.
Speaker 2: When we hear your thoughts when we come back. So don't move. It's to breakfast Luggle.
Speaker 4: Morning Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't want him and something else she said in that conversation.
Speaker 4: She said, you know, you know he out.
Speaker 1: There doing dirt anyway, and you ain't gonna leave him, So it's almost kind of like, uh, what is this like like like sanchronized cheatings way?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You know, you know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna leave him, so you might as well do it in a contained environment, you know. So I'm just I'm just My other thought is I just wondered could that could that work for some women?
Speaker 7: But this is the thing, we understand what someone wants, but we don't know if that's what Tory wants.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: I want.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that could work for some women, meaning if you're a if you're a Tory, or just any woman who's in that situation and you know you got your man Monday through Friday.
Speaker 4: This other chick just want him on the weekend. That's something you're willing to do.
Speaker 2: That's called an open relationship right where you can.
Speaker 4: Polynesian sauce poll what is it polyamory.
Speaker 2: P Yeah, something like that. It's the neo. But the whole thing is is they have to know.
Speaker 4: I'm don't know if it's the neo though, because they're not all together.
Speaker 2: Because Neil they all stay in the same house.
Speaker 4: I guess it is an open relationship.
Speaker 7: But it's an open relationship. If Tory knew, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And that's my big didn't know. Yes, But people are mad at summer because some are saying, I know you don't know, and I know that you're back together, but this is still what I.
Speaker 1: Want anyone when someone should have wanted her a woman the woman and said and not a woman to the internet because now you make it.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody didn't go to the internet. They the audio is leaked, but someone said.
Speaker 7: Someone was like, why should we grown why why can't we just deal with this behind me?
Speaker 4: Leaked? Don't come on lead from what who leaked it. People could leak that.
Speaker 2: In, but someone wouldn't want that out there.
Speaker 1: But we don't know that. You might want to force the issue. She might want to force the conversation. She might finally want to have the conversation. Not only we've heard out of conversation.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But let's go to the full lines, all right, we have Hello, who's this angela? Angela? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 25: Okay?
Speaker 27: So I feel like with the whole summer situation, it could be and that you know, it could be two women that agrees to share a man that I feel like the man is gonna always want more.
Speaker 17: Of course, don't nobody want to eat turkey and special all the damn time?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're saying, if the women agree, it's cool.
Speaker 17: If a woman agree, it's cool, but it's not going to.
Speaker 1: Be just them to Yeah, I mean, I get what you're saying. I guess everybody should just be honest with their wants in this situation. If this what the man wants, he said, If this what the side chick wants, she used to say it, and the main the main chick is actually the one who decides it, all right, So she has to have a say too.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: This is court freight. I think I would getting through good morning every time, just lady.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Summer Walker.
Speaker 17: Why are you trying to I love her, I love Summer. I don't make this bash in Summer fashion. But she brought it on herself, because why are you trying to be in a serious relationship with someone that's already in a serious relationship.
Speaker 1: Well hold on, now, that's not what I got from what she said. What I got from what she said is she don't want to be in a serial relationship. She's content with being the mac and cheese. She does not want to be the turkey.
Speaker 17: She Charlotte made. She want to be in a relationship. The only reason that Summer is coming out saying oh, I just want to be the side it's probably because Tory made rich the kid cut her off and post saw that, and she hurt about it. Now because because she was saying, oh, I'm happy you went back to your baby mama and made the family work. Why even try to be with you had kids herself, You know how it is to be your baby mama, So why even get in the midst of somebody else's baby mama, baby daddy. You know, drama, whatever they got going on, whatever Richy kid do to Tory, that's film.
Speaker 7: But why are you trying to get any I mean, I agree with it, that's what That's what probably gotten. He probably got caught up and this girl said, you know what post all is to show the world what it is. And but someone still standing on business. He's like, I don't care. I still want to be the side. But she has to agree with it. I'm just taking her for and that's an open relationship. Yeah, she says she want to be the side. I guess that's the question here, Like, you know, can you be okay with an open relationship. I just think that there's a lack of honesty that's happening in this situation, because I know plenty of people who can be honest about their wants and they can make all of this work. Neil, well, Neil different cause Neil got off, but I mean Neil asked, but he got all of them living together.
Speaker 1: This ain't even a living together situation. This is just you know, your man out there doing dirt. You know he doing it with me. I don't want him Si sizzor wrote a whole song about it. That was a hit record, and y'all loved it. You played it on this radio station one hundred times a day.
Speaker 2: You're right, let's discuss. We'll take your calls when we come back.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 7: Everybody at ej NV Jess Hilari is Charlamagne the gud.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club. If you're just joining us.
Speaker 7: We're talking about someone Walker and she talked about the relationship she wants with Rich the Kid, and this is what she said.
Speaker 24: I just want to be the side, That's what I was seeing, like, I just want to be decided. I just want you to kill I don't like him enough to lay up next to him every day.
Speaker 8: I don't even know how you do it.
Speaker 24: I'm not gonna start talking about him, but you know the things about him.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to play my little position.
Speaker 8: He clearly won't stop.
Speaker 4: And you know he's obsessive.
Speaker 18: You can like say that you're gonna leave him alone, and he will just call you back to back to back. Get to call your friends, get to call your manager, get to call your assistant, get to sit and stuff that money every now and then you just given those of y'all.
Speaker 2: Are older than me.
Speaker 18: By the way, you're older, and that's an old ass.
Speaker 8: I'm still a night twenty.
Speaker 18: Why would we be on the internet as adults?
Speaker 4: We all have.
Speaker 25: Kids, Like, why are we even doing this? I just didn't even get the point of that. But anyway, I'm gonna say whatever I got to say.
Speaker 10: To that babe.
Speaker 4: You think I really love him? You think I really want him? Up I did, you would be cooked out on the street.
Speaker 8: That is obsessed.
Speaker 2: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one, what are your thoughts? Hello?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 2: It's Maisha Maesha talk to us.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, what the farmer walker thing?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I'm not a me posting me being a country woman. I'm not okay with being the five. I'm sorry I had that tried me say, you know to me the boat trying to have multiple women.
Speaker 4: Uh, what you're talking about being a country woman.
Speaker 1: I'm from South Carolina, Okay, my daddy had a whole lot of wrote from Listen, my daddy had a whole other family.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 27: I mean it's like that.
Speaker 1: I mean down south, we couldn't come on night them guys had growing up our daddy's.
Speaker 7: And at the end of the day, day they had money.
Speaker 27: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: It's a lot of round here. She's still sleeping on their mama couch and they want this woman and dad woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you mama. Hello, the money had nothing to do with not the money, none, d Hello, who's this true? Trist soldiers? What's your thoughts? Tris?
Speaker 27: So my point of view is that how was it that everyone is like jumping on someone Walker about it's going to be the fast ship. She didn't want to have funds and it's his responsibility to stay faithful to his woman. I'm pretty sure he engaged with Summer Walker first, and everyone's putting it on her back to turn him down or not want to be, you know, engaging, and she just wants to have friends. How is it her responsibility to stay faithful to this She's not in a relationship.
Speaker 1: With her now, listen, I agree with you, but I'm looking at the chat. The chat is the chat, said another bird on the line. That said, side chick on the line. She said, side chick on the line another bird, Yeah, I'm I agree with you. There's a part of me that respects what summer is. Some are saying like, look, I just want to be the side. I don't want to be the main.
Speaker 4: I'm fine being the stuff in the yams, the mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: I just think that, you know, it has to be a level of honesty from all parties involved. Some has already been honest. Now it got now I was up to the to the man to be honest.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this Maria may Al?
Speaker 8: Mighty?
Speaker 2: Yuh yes?
Speaker 17: What's my story?
Speaker 4: The morning?
Speaker 3: Night?
Speaker 2: Colmos? Yeah, that's all I know? Who talked to us? What's your thoughts? Mama?
Speaker 29: I got to say, I honestly, absolutely am sure that it can work as long as the side knows the place.
Speaker 2: Have you been in that situation before?
Speaker 29: I've been the Turkies? Okay, for the record, I will never be a side.
Speaker 1: So you said that the side needed to know her place, so clearly, clearly, in this situation, the side knows her place.
Speaker 4: So what should happen now?
Speaker 29: Well, see what happens is the side knew her place. Let's say let's put that past sense. What happens is you go into the situation. The only thing you owe this other person is a choice right, So when they go into the situation, they go into it knowing exactly what it is. But very often because women are indecisive as a whole, and when they go into it, well sudden they want something different. So then at that point they have to make another choice.
Speaker 1: Mmm, Okay, I respect it, thank you. Well, what's the moral of the story. I don't know what the moral of the story is. I just wanted to have a discussion because I don't want nobody out here to think that, you know, this is something that I want.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that. When I heard someone saying that, I was just like, damn.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The fact that she know.
Speaker 1: Her place and knows what she wants to be, it's kind of commendable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it has to work if it's open and all the parties know.
Speaker 4: Everybody gotta be honest, you know.
Speaker 7: And the reason I keep mentioning and Neo is because I know Neil gets a lot of flat but they all understand.
Speaker 4: You got everybody living together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and they all understand what's going on.
Speaker 7: And if they all understand, if they happy and they like it, you gotta respect it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a conversation should be had.
Speaker 1: Right if you're a man and you're in a situation like that, you know you can't be with one woman, but you want to be with this woman as your main But then you got a couple other things. I think you need to be honest with that woman about having an open relationship. That's just my personal opinion, because it ain't cheating if you're being honest, right, It's only cheating if you're lying correct, be honest about what you want right.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is that's the topic. When we come back.
Speaker 7: We got the Latest with Lauren Joelle said. Tanner said, you might not need to know how to read. Yeah, we'll we'll explain when we come back. It's The Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club with Nicki Minaj. She put out a text over the weekend. Did you see the text? No, Well, she put out a tweet that said United Nations was a mag of flex. Trump on the text, y'all should be afraid what I'm about to do next. Now that's a playoff of jay Z from on to the next one. We said Obama on the text, y'all should be afraid of what I'm about to do? Next Now people got at her and say, leave Trump alone. You shouldn't be riding with Trump, and you know they got it up. But she didn't respond to that childish gambino. He talks about health issue. Did you know he had a stroke.
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea. She's doing this world tour. It's having lots of fun.
Speaker 23: I had a really bad pain in my head in Louisiana, and I did the show anyway.
Speaker 4: I couldn't really see well. So when we went to.
Speaker 23: Houston, I went to the hospital and the doctor was like, you had a stroke. And the first thing I thought was like, oh, like here, I am still copying Jamie Fox. That's literally like the second thing. The first thing was like I'm letting everybody down.
Speaker 4: I know it's not true, but I've.
Speaker 23: Broken my foot. I always promise Ireland I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 10: And I still haven't been.
Speaker 4: And uh, they found a hole in my heart.
Speaker 23: So I had this surgery and then I had.
Speaker 2: To have another surgery.
Speaker 23: So did they say every now everybody has two lives and the second live starts when you realize.
Speaker 2: You have one?
Speaker 4: Why is he giving us health updates to a beat B?
Speaker 2: He was performing actually at a show in LA and I was showing me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, while he was show, the guitarist was playing the guitars, he was talking to the crowd about what happened, and you know what happened with him in his whole, in the hole in his heart.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear him go deeper on that conversation. You know, I hear issues like that, but he's a young man. On other chatnels like.
Speaker 4: Forty two, forty three, maybe if he's that oh yeah, yeah, now he's definitely like forty two what to do?
Speaker 1: But it's just like when I hear a you know, conversations like that, I want to hear more because I just want to know what was going on with him health wise, because I want to know what can I what can I avoid if possible?
Speaker 2: Now, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 7: And then the fact that he said he got a headache which made him go to the hospital, which sool him he had a stroke.
Speaker 2: That's that scares me all right.
Speaker 7: And lastly, like I tell you guys, Laura la Rossa is out, she's on the beach right now. So she wrote this, So she said, Meg the Stallion's man, her man, her man, her Man, her man, her baby.
Speaker 2: This is how she wrote it. Klay Thompson, Yeah, she said.
Speaker 7: Got into an argument with J Moran, J Moran. John ran I said, John Mary, I said, Jam, yes girl, she wrote J.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Got into an argument with John Moran. John Morant was actually on the sideline. He wasn't playing in the game. They had just tripped Cooper flag and Klay Thompson was standing up for Cooper flag.
Speaker 2: They got into a big argument.
Speaker 7: John Moran called him Obama and you should retire, and Klay Thomas he responded after the game with y'all.
Speaker 4: He's a funny guy.
Speaker 20: He has a lot to say all the time, especially for a guy who rarely takes capability. But uh no, that's for another day. What a job saying it on this occasion. Nothing of intelligent depth. It was really just just running his mouth. He's running his mouth for a long time, and it's funny to run your mouth when you're on the bench. It's kind of the story of his career so far, just leaving us wanting more. You know, we all want to see him out there and do his best, but he's just been letting a lot of other stuff getting away of that, and we need that in the NBA. We need our best players will be out there, and when you're a star comes with a great responsibility and I hate to see that go to waste.
Speaker 1: Dropping the clues buns with Clay Thompson had a very classy response. Was I agree with all of it. Yeah, absolutely, Like John Moran should be the new faith of the NBA. He should own the league, like the league should be in the palm of his hands. Like honestly, the two best players in the NBA right now should be, well at least top five should be Zion Wims and the John Morant, both from South Carolina.
Speaker 2: But no, you got Ant man, you got wim beat, I said, should be Oh.
Speaker 4: Shit, they were if they were both playing at the level we know they both.
Speaker 2: Could want them to play it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they would be top five players in the NBA right now, no question, if they would have both reached their full potential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not top five, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know Zion let snacks getting away and y'all let scrafts getting away.
Speaker 4: Jesus.
Speaker 7: All right, well that is the latest with Lauren. All right, thank you so much. I can say thank you, Lauren. But I am saying thank you Lauren because I know she's listening right now. And he's forty two years old. How are you listening right now when you're supposed to be on the beach?
Speaker 4: She tech times.
Speaker 1: I don't know where she yet. Hold on, it's nine am over there. How the hell she drunk at nine am?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know. All right, Well, that is the latest with Laura. When we come back, we got the People's Choice mixed. Get your requesting right now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: It's DJ Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: We got a salute to uh Brandy Evans for joining us this morning.
Speaker 4: Salute to Brandy Evans.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Love her story, man, love her Storyorry about being a caregiver. Make sure you check her out on Reasonable Doubt. And the new season of pe Valley whenever it comes back, because I don't know when it's gonna be. And I want to salute my niece, Chris Caln and Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, salutor Chris.
Speaker 1: This Friday, Chris is doing her Princess Diaries podcast live in Charleston, South Carolina at the at seven to twenty magnoliar Road. The name of the venue is the Magnolia Room. Cardyer Brown is going to be one of the guests as long as well as AJ from the We Talk Back podcast and I will be there as well. So the Magnolia Room this Friday, seven twenty magnoliar Old, Charleston, South Carolina. Come join Chris kln and myself will be out there this Friday, yep.
Speaker 2: And also salut to Golden Corral.
Speaker 7: Golden Corral came up here and they put a whole spread out here for Thanksgiving. I mean they got turkey, they got if you are into Thanksgiving and love Thanksgiving, food for macaroni and cheese, the Kyler greens, the green beans, to ham to honey fried chicken. I mean they put everything out there so to loose the Golden Crowd, Barronx and they are open for Thanksgiving, right, Yeah, they're open. Yeah, they're open for Thanksiving. They say that's their second busiest day, Thanksgiving. So if you don't want to cook, you can always pull up the Golden Corral Barronx.
Speaker 4: All right, I bet you it's cheaper to go to Golden Corral.
Speaker 1: Hell yeahadays like trying to buy a whole big feast. So if you if you in like ten fifteen family members, just go to Golden Corral and split the bill.
Speaker 4: I bet you it's cheaper.
Speaker 7: I'm sure it is. When we come back, we got the positive notes that don't move.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning pointing.
Speaker 7: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. It's time to get U out of here. Charlamne, you got a positive note?
Speaker 4: I do, Man.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you something about consistency man, well, persistence as well, But I want you to know that being persistent may lead you to the door, but consistency is the key that unlocksy have a great day, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: You don'na finish for y'all done,