Speaker 1: Mees.
Speaker 2: Keep hiking. We're getting clothes.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited to show everyone the best nature spot.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get wet.
Speaker 1: Do you all have your floaties? Yeah, here's my raft, I have water reads.
Speaker 5: Billy brought a pool, nod on.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I'm going to jump rive in prety close.
Speaker 2: It's just around this turn. It's right here.
Speaker 5: Oh no.
Speaker 3: Welcome to story Time by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Let's talk about water in nature. Why don't creeks always have the same amount of water? Where does the water come from? And where does it go? Let's find out?
Speaker 2: This is terrible. Where's the Greek It's.
Speaker 4: Right here.
Speaker 2: Where it used to be, right here. I don't know what happened. It's just rocks now, well, we can't use our floaties. Glod bye, rats, Slow down.
Speaker 3: Everybody, it's not just rocks. Look, I see plenty of puddles and actually a little water flowing too.
Speaker 2: We can't even go swimming. We could if we were Bob, that's true. Sorry, I took everyone here.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Elliott, but I don't did it where did the world go?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It used to be right here.
Speaker 3: Who did all the water? Nobody took the water, Lisa, But you're all asking great questions. Where did the water go? Kids at home?
Speaker 2: And he guesses, maybe and most drink it all.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's sunk into the dirt.
Speaker 2: Maybe someone stole.
Speaker 4: It for their sprinkler.
Speaker 2: Good guesses. But those are quite right.
Speaker 3: Yes, Billy, the creek is low because there hasn't been a lot of rain lately.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, what does rain have to do with the creek, Billy, Rain is not the kind of water we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Actually, Billy says, rain is the kind of water you're talking about. When it rains, the water flows down to creeks and fills them up. When there's a lot of rain, the creek gets higher. But when there is no rain, or only a little rain, the creek gets lower.
Speaker 4: So that's why the water is low, because there hasn't been a lot of freely.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe we should come back when it's raining.
Speaker 3: Well, it doesn't have to be raining exactly, it doesn't. It's more about which time of year there's plenty of water flowing down to the creek from the hills. Creeks fill up after rainy weeks, not just a day. They can also fill up from melted snow. Well an he guesses about which time of year creeks are fullest.
Speaker 5: Kids at home, what do you think, Well.
Speaker 2: It usually rends a lot in the spring, and snow melts in the spring too, since it's not cold anymore.
Speaker 3: That's right, So maybe the creek is full stream spring. That's right. Creeks and rivers are usually highest during springtime.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, so creek water comes from rain and snowing the springtime, but anyone happens. What do you mean, Cowie? Where does the water go after it's sunflowing around here? Where does it go after that?
Speaker 3: Yes, Billy, the water from little creeks keeps on flowing downhill until it joins up with a bigger river.
Speaker 2: Whoa, then where does the river go?
Speaker 3: That's right, Billy. The water keeps on flowing downhill until it reaches the sea.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted to swim, but our water already left.
Speaker 2: It's probably in the river.
Speaker 4: Were a scene now, Sorry, I brought everyone here at the wrong time. I thought it was going to be special, but it's the wrong time of year.
Speaker 3: Do you think it might still be special?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 3: Now slow down everyone, let's close our eyes and listen. Kids at home you can close your eyes too.
Speaker 2: I like these sounds.
Speaker 3: There are also exciting creatures in these low waters.
Speaker 4: Really, yes, I see an insect running.
Speaker 2: On top of the water. That's a water skipper.
Speaker 3: They can stay afloat even when holding fifteen times their weight. That would be like an adult person floating while holding a direct.
Speaker 2: No way, eh, bottles empty. It just has some rocks.
Speaker 3: Take a closer look.
Speaker 5: Wait, they're not rocks. Snails Yep.
Speaker 3: Snails don't have hands to eat, so they use their long, rough tongues to screp food into their mouths.
Speaker 4: There's nothing in my puddle.
Speaker 5: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: A craw dad?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Wow, it looks like a lobster. Cool crawdad.
Speaker 3: Crawdads come in red, yellow, green, and brown. Cool elliot, what do you think about the low creek?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm glad we came. The water is low, but it's still special.
Speaker 3: Look, Cowie is taking off her shoes. Why are you doing that, Cowie?
Speaker 2: I'm going to dip my toes in the mud. This bes funny. Let's take off her shoes too. Ell Squishy.
Speaker 3: Billy says we can rest our heads on his pool noodle.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is kind of like the beach, a bud beach. I'm doing a mugmast on my legs. Me too, me.
Speaker 3: Three Lingo Kids listeners, thanks for exploring the creek with us. We learned that water from one place can be connected to water somewhere else. That's why creeks are higher during the rainy season. We also learned that water flows downhill, with creeks eventually joining rivers and rivers flowing into seas. Even though swimming is fun, we discovered that creek environments are full of life and interesting things even when the water's low. Lingo Kids listeners, do you have a hobby things you like doing in your free time? We are preparing a new exciting episode about our favorite hobbies.
Speaker 5: You want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: It, Send us an audio message to podcast at Lingo Kids dot com and share your favorite or not so favorite hobby. Parents find more detailed instructions on how to send the audio message to us in the description to this episode. The eighteenth of November will be the last day to share it.