Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Conveno and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comedo on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching f s R. Oh. Yeah, and Frank and also Frank Ellian and Pruding and George Bush and ready to go. Man, you never know, you never know.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. I'm not sure which of us it is right now? We both say manti in. That's right, man.
Speaker 1: They're a good job, you know, speaking of people you hate and then you love. Yeah, everybody hated George Bush and then they loved him when he was throwing sweet fastball. Yeah right, Well that and my art. I do a lot of art now, y finger painting is good. Some of that fingerpainting crans maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Craiola chick box is sixty four, multiple of eight.
Speaker 1: All right, So Frank Caliendo's here. We be rocking out. Covino and Rich broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studios, and you could watch what you hear you want to see Frank and all his glory. It's not John Grew and it's Frank Caliendo. And you could see us streaming live at Covino and rich FSR on YouTube streaming live, chatting live people loving the show. Scott Fermeyer, Colin in Canada, West and Idaho, thank you guys for chiming in at Coveno and rich FSR. And Uh, I don't know if there's a guy having a worst week than C. B. Buckner the umpire and baseball that's getting every call wrong. I mean we've all had bad weeks, right, Like this is like an epic proportion, like worst calls ever. And then he just got removed from a game because he got hit in the face. Danny ge sort of said something I don't even know if he really knew how poignant it was. He's like, yo, man, is this the worst week ever? Maybe karma? Like is it karma for being so bad? Like do umpires deserve this sort of treatment? I don't know, because and let's talk about it. How long do umpires have left? Dude? We talked about this yesterday. Yes, we are in the transitional stage of they're gonna be gone before you.
Speaker 2: Because there's not a ton of judgment calls in baseball.
Speaker 1: We were saying, how I compared it to like self checkout, Like sometimes you're like, let's get the senior citizens some jobs and the you know, for alcohol you need the one line. But for the most part, like like do we really need a homeplate on fire? Yeah, it's to keep the old heads and the fans happy, I think, and like a transitional stage like all right, are we good now? Yeah, we don't need them, and then it becomes maybe a field official or something. What would Morgan Freeman maybe think about the ball strike challenge to.
Speaker 3: The matter is I'm older than any of you can even imagine. I'll be around here before there was even the.
Speaker 1: Game of baseball.
Speaker 3: The field of dreams hadn't even been a dream yet, and it wasn't prepared. Wow, that was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in my entire life. In that umpire walked five hundred miles.
Speaker 1: Did you play baseball on Morgan?
Speaker 3: I played. I played when it was just small. They didn't even have basically before bases were invented. Man, you're the how old are you that? Two hundred and fifty million years old? I had a pet dinosaur see I did not know that. I never knew that. And I've been a Morgan Freeman fan my whole life.
Speaker 1: Well you know who's a big baseball fan. George W. Bush. Yeah, I love the ABS. Yeah, oh no, it's ABS system whatever. Yeah, the ABS belt yeah, ABS true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, six minute ABS, eight minute ABS. Harlan Williamson Man love that guy, you know, also the cop.
Speaker 1: And Dummer and dumb Oh yeah, yeah, he's the best over. It's a Cardigan. Yeah. You know. I used to have an AB belt where it would sizzle my ABS. I don't doubt it. Commune. We're walking through a casino in Vegas and all of a sudden I see Cadino Wins. He's like, what are you doing? And I'm like, I see him. What he's walking through? I think the aria with an AB belt on. Well, in case you're wondering how I got this look, no, yeah, people like how'd you do it? And I figure, you know you were about to ask. Fantastic, really great stuff today, guys, Thank you, thank you so. C B. Buckner, we got to talk about this. C B. Buckner worst week ever or karma? Now? Was it twenty pitches? He missed wrong about two nights ago, twenty pitches overturned, he was wrong twenty times or whatever. The next day he makes what they're saying is the worst call ever made by an umpire, where he says that dude missed the band completely on the Brewers, when in fact he stomped right on the middle of the bag and wasn't even looking in that direction. So it's like, well, dude, how did you make that call? I feel like I feel like he was deeked into thinking it happened. Sam has a TV call and said they even have fun with it.
Speaker 4: Bower, So Williams said, throw us the first It's why it's.
Speaker 1: Backed up by four tas. That should be a basi.
Speaker 5: For Bella's runner did not touch first base?
Speaker 1: Can we touch first and then put out?
Speaker 2: So the call from Cebe Buckner is that Jake Bawers missed first base and then was tagged out, not that he made a move to second base and was tagged out, that he flat out missed the bag.
Speaker 1: And I think that is the hard old skull. Where is Stebe Buckner looking, not even looking at it? Why would he even say.
Speaker 2: That Cebe Bucker was not even looking at the play?
Speaker 1: I got hear what C. B. Buckner is looking at there. That's ridiculous. Well, I'm really excited for him to have the plate tomorrow. Everybody laugh. They did not hold back at all because when you see that, he's still framed, he's not even looking at the base. So how could he call him out in that situation? How can he say he didn't touch the back. The dude practically stomped on you know how a little kid jumps on first when they get there all proud. He stomped on first base. And then today, to make matters worse, he gets hitting the mask. You know, he's getting high heat hitting the mask, and they had to take him out of the game. And as Danny g Are, super producer said, a robot wouldn't need to be carted off the field, that's true. Yeah, what happened with a robot? And it is true, And it does make you think of the worst weeks ever, the worst weeks every or is it just karma? And again, as we said yesterday, rich the abs, the apps, the apps amplification asks, it wasn't, you know, created to make umpires look foolish. It wasn't brought to the MLB to call them out in any way or you know it was made to get the call right, but it seems to be the story. This guy is taking the heat for everybody. We're you're almost thinking, is he so disgruntled that he just is doing this? How could you be that bad and get to this level. It's almost like you see people you work with, like did they fail up somehow? This guy's a jerk? How did he get this far? He is he that guy in the MLB? Like, is he the guy that just somehow just continued getting promoted? Is he that bad? How can you be that bad and get to this this level of the game. I just don't get it. I just don't get it. I don't think any of us do. Yeah, well let's take it over. It's c. B. Buckner's worst week ever and it just keeps getting worse. So now he's out, Well, well that's better for the game. Yeah, yeah, exactly. I mean it's interesting now we're all now we're watching to see these guys mess up. It's almost like there's a sense of humiliation.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think that maybe the umpires are going to want out after this because they're going to get humiliated quite a bit, it's happening more and more.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking, Frank, Like, all right, if the writing's on the wall, right, yeah, Like it's a stupid analogy, but it's one I use all the time. Like if you're leaving your home or apartment, you know you're leaving, you stop cleaning up, you stop carrying the same way right, or your job, you stop caring. Like I remember when I waited tables at BENNINGTT, I'm like, I hate this job. I'm done. I was checked out mad a great Turkio tool though, Yeah, like whatever, I was disgruntled, I'm like, I'm leaving these glays. I hate all you whatever, you're disgruntled because you know you're out. If in the back of their mind, even subconsciously, he knows his time is limited, they're on their way out, and they are being called out, and they're you know, being made to look like fools. You think, subconsciously, maybe he's just not caring as much, because how do you get that bad? Dan Byer, do you have any thoughts on this?
Speaker 6: I saw get Maybe consciously, I think he may be telling the guys in the locker room before the game watch this tonight because.
Speaker 1: We're on the way out.
Speaker 6: Watch this. You thought that the balls and strikes or something. Watch what I do at first tonight. You're gonna love this.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be something else. Some's the example. But seriously, when I worked at Bennicans and I knew my time was up right, I would pull like watch this, and I would just be a jerk that people I didn't like here you want your drinks, you know, because I didn't care.
Speaker 2: That's what What if they pulled out this is Gruden, man, you're gonna go Gruden on this. What if they pulled out C. B. Butner and replaced him with Angel Hernandez. That's when you know you're in trouble, man, when Angel Hernandez is taken over, because you're not competent in these facts.
Speaker 1: Angel Hernandez, I said, I said yesterday he got out just in time. Yeah, because he would have been the guy everyone's talking about, like just he got out just in time. I always say, like Hugh Hefner, he died just before everyone realized the creepy stuff going on. Like sometimes you get out just in time before all the me too stuff. Yeah, right, Yeah, Hugh Heffner got out just in time, So can it get any worse for CB Buckner? Do you think it's a conscious thing, a subconscious thing? Could he really be that bad? Like it's really odd to me that. And again, in every workplace and in every office, even in this one, there's some people are like, how did they get this far? Happens just everywhere. This guy's a jerk everywhere, right like everywhere these guys thinks, how did that happen? Is he the example of that? Is he that guy? Did he always have that kind of reputation? Well, well we'll find out. Is this gonna be something that lingers or remember last year the torpedo bat thing that we thought was gonna be like a big deal. I don't know then like it went away real quick. Yeah one year anniversary of the torpedo about yeah about yeah around that time, and that story fizzled. You know. All it takes is like one crazy story to hit the headlines and then we move on to something else right now, And I'm sure that's what Buckner here is hoping for that next big story, that next big controversy that makes us forget about this because it is the biggest story going and the ABS system is really changing something that is changing the game. I heard something. Get this, you guys know what reverse framing is. Any catchers out there reverse framing? Now? Think of yes, you know what framing is, right, you're framing. If you're a young catcher on your come up, like if you're a Salvador pres I don't think you're in the business of trying to figure out reverse framing. But if you're a young minor the catcher or a catcher on has come up, you might want to think about reverse framing now where you're sort of pretending it was out of the zone even though it was a strike, getting the batter to challenge it and waste their challenge and wasting their challenge, and they're saying this might be a thing. Depending on how they want to take how far catchers and teams want to take it, reverse framing might become a thing. The game is changing right before our eyes, So unlike torpedo bats, I think this is something we're going to be talking about for the rest of the season. New gamesmanship, Yeah, new strategy. What's the what?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I know what's the rule? Right now?
Speaker 2: You get how many challenges to too if you get it wrong?
Speaker 1: If you get it wrong, then it's down to one and then yeah, and if you get it right, you just you get it right.
Speaker 2: You retain everything you get right. Yeah, so it's not like a coach's challenge in basketball. You you automatically you run out of football even right, keep doing it and.
Speaker 1: When you challenge right, there's so many different things that we as fans even have to get used to, like, all right, when do you challenge? What do you do?
Speaker 2: This is getting played up with the crowds and stuff. Crowds are getting into it, right. They love the because the umpire becomes the evil guy. This isn't Palazzo, look Reco Pilazzo. Would they do a countdown like three two one room? Feel like it's a game show. There's a that's a big deal. Theatrics are involved, faceball medium. Yeah, this is actually really good for Yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: We got a name like Buckner. You know you're gonna botch something, That's what I'm saying. Hey, Frank, let me ask you. We're here with Frank Kelly and I go. We're gonna talk about your your tour dates and everything. People got to check out Frank. You're my algorithm.
Speaker 1: Hard these days like every my swipe there. Yeah, so you're in there with girls, uh, with big booties and Frank Ell. Yeah, my algorithm the forty nine ers, big butts and frank Kellyan. Hey, it's a good algorithm. I gotta ask you. Because you are known as the guy that does the best impressions of the game, when have you bumped into celebrities that like are you can feel they're feeling it out with you, Like, hey, does he do you do an impression of me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sometimes people want that and some people, I mean most for the most part, people like it, Like Gruden likes it.
Speaker 1: Uh Berman.
Speaker 2: I remember when I first met stephen A Smith. Stephen A was like it was actually it was when I was at Fox Sports and he was at at Fox Sports for a little while. It was at the elevators at the hotel everybody stays at. He gets out of the elevator, goes mister Callian to do me a favor of him. All the impressions and impersonations you do, don't ever ever do me. And now he tells people, I think a couple of Super Bowls ago, I think it was in Arizona, was telling people that I had the best one which I don't Nobody had just seen me, right, So it was like I was just top of mind at that.
Speaker 1: I you know, I'm not can't compare you to a psychic, but when someone meets a psychic, they're sort of fishing around, like you feeling anything there is I imagine any like athlete or coach at bumps into He was like, I wonder if Frank has something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do get some of that, like people, this is a non sports one. But I remember being at Letterman years ago and Steven Wright walked in, the amazing comedian right he walked in.
Speaker 1: He goes, wait a second, you're doing it now, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Like He's like, he's like you thought I was the predator and I was in for red studying, and I was like, I kind of was, Well.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. I'm sure you've been asked before, but I've never heard your response because you're in my algorithm too. But you've always been in my algorithm, Frank, I've always been a fan. Yeah, Frank, I've always loved you. Where do you practice in the shower? Yeah, curly, Yeah, do you have a microphone at home? Like I don't do that as much as I used to in the mirror. A lot of that I used to when I was little. I had a hand mirror when younger, and a hand mirror. I'll look into it. It was your first one when you were a kid. Uh, I don't know. I was a kid when I was a little older. I remember doing leno and jutting out my chinning.
Speaker 2: Hey, how was like note I kind of even doing those impressions with nobody with the phone and I but I did.
Speaker 1: I did a lot of that.
Speaker 2: But it's a lot of saying things over and over and over and watching certain interviews, like I always tell people when I was younger and you tried to like remember Tony Gwinn was the only person using videotape and studying hitting.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was like thirty forty years ago.
Speaker 2: Uh, that was the big that was the big thing, and he was studying and nobody else was really studying. Well, now everybody does that, and now you can do it because video is so prevalent, so easy to get. Well, that's the same thing with impressions. Well, as a kid, even when I was at mad TV, you had to ask for somebody to get you VHS, videotapes they'd stay up or set the time right.
Speaker 1: Do it now? You can just watch anything anytime.
Speaker 2: If I want to work on my Billy Bob Thornton, which is one of the newer ones I've been trying to get. It goes in and out. But I watched the interview where he says, my kids like, I sound like Hank Hill. If I just keep doing it and I keep saying that, my kids think I'll sound like Hanke Hill. And I'll keep saying it and saying it and saying it until I get it. And then you figure it out and it starts to starts to come to you.
Speaker 1: Well, Frank, I know that some like songwriters. Some people say they come up with the music, then get the words. Some have words and then they couple them with the music. Are you what are you looking for? First?
Speaker 2: Uh, watch the mouth and the eyes, and the mouth tells you how the person talks. The eyes tell you how the person thinks. So it's like, if this is Jeff Goldblum, the eyes move around like what like a painting and a haunted house of fes, and he always looks.
Speaker 1: Like he's using eating an invisible hamburger. Maybe we'll go to the diamondbacks gave and get.
Speaker 2: That new UH treaty. Yes, of course. But uh, if you watch their mouth. That's why when anybody watch somebody do an impression like it. And this is a non political thing, but it's person in politics, not Trump.
Speaker 1: You watch the you watch the.
Speaker 2: Mouth, and they does they I say, it's like he's looking into an aquarium and mimicking the fish.
Speaker 1: Quit frankly, a lot of paper, a lot of paper, and then.
Speaker 2: You can you can get it when you do Sandler, When you do the Sandler got it, all of a sudden, your demeanor change.
Speaker 1: You get into it, and you start to think out what you're gonna do. Politicians are a big one because everybody sees them. I want me be clear, that's what that's all about.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: We have a situation.
Speaker 3: Uh we are contemplating how we will unify UH as a country and perpetuity.
Speaker 1: It's like and meanwhile, George w was like whatever, but wait, hold on now, so we're on the radio and we're having fun and people are listening. In your real life and personal life, do you love to do this or do you like try to stay away from too much of it at all? Unless I'm working on it, but it's it's I don't do as much I used to. I used to drive all around the country, and when I was driving, that was the time I would just talk to myself. And it was before people were on cell phones or had car talking and all that stuff. I just looked like the crazy person in the car talking to myself. But it was actually at the time. It's different now, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was actually Fox Sports radio was everywhere, and Rome was on, and Rome was on in every and I would.
Speaker 1: Just be driving from place to place. How great is this? Awesome?
Speaker 2: You're in one city and you're listening to Jim Rome. You're listening in another city and it's still Jim Rome. How great is that We're traveling from city city and it's still the same.
Speaker 1: Dude. He's got this sense of like arrogance about him. Right, He's never looked at.
Speaker 2: Me directly, right, like incredible phenomenal ah rug la, oh rug la, probably the greatest lettuce any history of civilization.
Speaker 1: Did you start feeling like Rome?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, grabbed the fish wrap. We're getting facts proving this bit was written in nineteen ninety two. Dear Jim, what is up with Orenthal, come on, guys, no more r and th aalt jokes.
Speaker 1: And then the next one'd be another one like body, Well, no, it's because I have a story from back in the day. Rich remembers where there were people. People would come over my house. My girlfriend would bring over a friend and like, you're on the radio. Do the voice? Like what like the radio voice? And I remember that was one of the first times I shut down completely. I'm like, do the voice. First of all, I don't do a voice. That's just my voice, Like no, but you do a radio voice. I'm like, I'm not doing the voice. So is there a party that's willing to do it or you only be willing to do a.
Speaker 2: Radio voice or baseball announcers? And I don't know why that is.
Speaker 1: You're just a bit outside. Try it's almost you try in the corner, but they I don't.
Speaker 2: Know why baseball Baseball still has that type of talk.
Speaker 1: Strip club DJs to baseball announcers and trip club DJs. Yeah. No, but even when you walk in a stadium, there's still people like program right, program Some things have not like there it is Field of Dreams, Moonlight.
Speaker 2: Graham stepped off and saved the girl with the hot dog and stuck and get locked in her throat.
Speaker 1: That's that is.
Speaker 2: I don't know why baseball and maybe this is the thing that's trying to bring baseball.
Speaker 1: The ABS is going to bring baseball. But it is the most old school type of game. Old school. But get this, get this. Rich and I are convinced, I think right Rich that baseball we are definitely convinced, possibly post because together we form one brain. Baseball is number two to football. I've seen people buzzing in debate and like, is it knocking NBA? Yes, the answer is yes. You heard it from us two dudes on Fox Sports Radio. I heard these guys on the radio say it, So it's got to be true. Baseball is number two to NFL. Nothing against the NBA. We're fans. It's just like, man, it's hit, it's hitting these young kids. I was even I have a teenage daughter, right and I was telling her the other day about something about MMA. I'm like, yeah, do you guys, you guys don't watch MMA? The kid you're what She's like, No, they really like baseball a lot, MMA, No, MLB, mL no, seriously MLB. Like I'm like, I'm shocked that it's it's come back because it fell off a lot. Now, I was a baseball I was a baseball kid.
Speaker 2: My dad played in the minor leagues for the White Sox organization, so we grew up playing baseball. Nineteen eighty eight National champions Urbandale Iowa AU.
Speaker 1: I was an All American. Uh, but I used to change. I used to wait. I didn't what position.
Speaker 2: I was a catcher there, I was an outfielder when I went to do you know, reverse framing, But yeah, yeah, I invented and I didn't even do it on purpose. But that's where I started doing comedy. Basically was behind the plate because I would talk to the umps and hit us and I'd be doing like in Living Color characters like.
Speaker 1: Breaking my Name, Dame Town. I'm gonna pick so much of chiny and an entertainer. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Let's tell a guy he walks under the FuG he's trying to figure out what's take on a dome.
Speaker 1: Strike three, You're up. I love it. You know what about Frank that I'm talking about, He's like, he's not here. That's part about Frank. Was the best part about Frank is that not only the impressions fantastic. This da has gould be content too. You can't just do a good impression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the impron I got plenty of impressions with zero content. I just don't throw them out there. That about Thornton Love, Yeah right, Yeah, that's that. That's that's what it is. Can't figure it out trying to get it to get compreende. He does that a lot. Come friend, that makes sense. That makes sense to you, makes a little sense.
Speaker 1: You did it for this for us at the super Bowl. I love how you sort of walk your way through like maybe like five people that are similar enough, but you just change, like go down a little bit for this guy. Me do it again. I would love it because it just shows the skill that you're you're doing. It's the Kermit the Frog and Fozzy Bear.
Speaker 2: I hold Kermit the Frog here and Fazzy Bear waka wak walka kermitas nasal and Pozzy his throat a wackawak white. It's also Burt and Ernie Bert Ernie, that's the burn, that's the Burt Lack. So you take the Kermit the Frog, I Holm the Frog down becomes John c Riley. Did you touch my drum set, Hey, my drum set, and add some here it's Mark Ruffalo. I see this is an absolute win. That's fantastic. To bring it down even more, it becomes Paul Gimati. I believe that does a b system is going to bay the future of baseball. And then you bring it back up and then tighten it up and becomes Seth Rogan. I don't know which is the same as the Burt laugh, but slow down and smoked out. And then if you tight up even more, becomes Joe Rogan. Wow, Jamie, oh my gosh, pull that up. And then in there is Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: What you do? I mean, uh, you know Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: He decided is like when a little kid sees another kid get hurt and he has to tell the parents about it's.
Speaker 4: Like and he and he was just climbing over for the creek and he found hit his knee on a rock and when it hit the knee, his knee started to bleed all the way, his gushing all over the place, and then fish were coming through and we didn't know what to do, and so I came here and I got a band aid, and I think he's gonna be more than a band.
Speaker 1: Ait. No, it's just a little, a little bit, you know. And he's not a big enough name. But Garrett come, by the way, that was fantastic ball. I love it. I love Garretty. All go up and down and back and forth. Garrett cole who's not a big enough name for people to know, but Yankee Pitchrick, Garret cole is Mahomes just deeper. He'st Mahomes like, he's like, yeah, a spider tack and he does that sort of that.
Speaker 2: I thought it's rich doing it. I like how you didn't even give him. I'll let you think it's mad. He's a prop stealer. In fact, he's a show. Yeah, he takes props. Garrett cole is is Mahomes just lower. Yeah, it is the same because he talks spider tagle mobile. But people hold up Kermit Frog Kermit the Frog signs for him too.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand why people think that's so kirmity because it is kind of kurmedy.
Speaker 4: But it's got that throat thing that's and it's more fozzy, it's in there.
Speaker 1: It's more cr John c rus Is because that's in the mill that ads, Bull Kermit and Fozzy. There's a little bit of the throat thing. You know what. I've been thinking about this watching you do all this again. We're here with the Master. There's a lot of guys who try, and a lot of guys on social media who've blown up doing it. None better than Frank Caliendo again, who's in town. Frank on stage dot com for the tour dates and tickets. Frank on stage dot com when you touched it tonight. I'm in Irvine, so I'm on my way to Irvine right now. I came here despite traffic. So that's what I like you guys.
Speaker 2: I love so Irvine at the Improv tonight. Tomorrow's the Comedy and Magic Club in Hermosa Beach, which I believe is sold out. Wednesday is Oxnard, California. Or Friday, say Friday, This Friday, Oxnard Levity Live.
Speaker 1: It's not just a good Friday, it's a great Friday.
Speaker 2: Frankly so Oxnard Levity Live on Friday, and then Tuesday, Wednesday, next week Sacramento the Punchline uh there, and then Wednesday is San Francisco at Cobbs. And then the following week is Comedy works in Denver and all those dates Frank on stage dot Com. But the California dates here, the Bay Area next week, so Southern California this week, the Bay Area California next week, and then Denver, Colorado, Frank on stage dot Com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Goodness, just God, bless you for remembering all that I had must spin with all these dates and different places. Iget, Yeah, yeah, I forgot Frank on stage dot com. Uh, I have a question for you, and I want to know if you want to stay for our midweek major segment. I love traffic, I love Okay, all right, so I gotta ask him a out some of his other impressions stick around for Frank Collendo. We got more Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Now. Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends, and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves the same approach. With wee Bowl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and intuitive app designed to help make you help make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs, and more, or planning for the long term for you and your family With IRAS, cash management and custodial accounts for your children. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way all on one platform. Yeah you look to take preparation to the next level. Check out we Bol's learn resources. Join their in app community feed discussed investing, discuss investing trends with twenty five million other users globally, and now to streamline your trading activities, elevate your strategy with Vega their AI market assistant. You got real time analysis, watch list, insights and alerts when earning drop. So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading wee bolapp today or visiting wee bol dot com wee bole Financial, llcmember, SAPC, FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures. Hey it's me Rob Parker.
Speaker 7: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes of piping hot faceball talk featuring the biggest names and newsmakers in the sport. Whether you believe in analytics or the I tast We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, so do yourself a favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're Covino and Rich with Frank Caliendo our very special guest, and he brings a bunch of people with him. Never just Frank, right right. Danny g is our super producer, Iowa, Sam and Dan Byer again live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Don't let employee turnover a slowdown business. Express Employment Pros finds the talent you need to keep productivity on track from the warehouse to the front office. Express staffs all jobs. Visit expresspros dot com today. Now I have a few questions for Frank. We're gonna do MIDWEK major. But first an update from the great dB Dan. Bob's going on the guys. A lot going on today. We start with Tiger Woods News ZBT in court document standing at Woods's requested to see comprehensive inpatient treatment outside of the United States to protect his privacy. A judge has approved his request in Wood's next schedule court date. As early May, the PGA of America released a statement saying that Woods has withdrawn USDA from consideration for the captaincy Captain C role for the twenty twenty seven US Ryder Cup. California Post says that Ramswide receiver Puka Nakua is currently at a rehab treatment center in Malibu, and that he entered rehab prior to recent allegations he'd been a woman on New Year's Eve. The Post and photographed Nakua at the facility on two separate occasions in March. Michigan point guard Eliot Caudot treated for an allergic reaction in ann Arbor today, but he is expected to make the trip tonight to Indianapolis for the Final four. Umpire C. B.
Speaker 6: Buckner had to leave today's game in Milwaukee in the second inning after he is hit by a foul ball in the mask while serving as the home plate umpire.
Speaker 1: And the Brewers eight to win over the Raids.
Speaker 6: A couple of contests right now in Major League Baseball, Ben Rice Who's homered for the Yankees. They're on top of the Mariners five to two. Padres lead the Giants five to one in the eighth inning. Sandy al Contra through a complete game shout out in the Marlins ten nothing win against the White Sox. Paul Sken's picked up win number one on the season, as the Pirates down the Reds eight to three and the Phillies rallied for a six to five win and ten over the Nationals. Ravens expected to be the opponent of the Cowboys in Rio Dejenio, Brazil. That's according to the Baltimore Banner, and ESPN says Warriors guard Steph Curry hopes to return from his knee injury this Sunday against the Rockets.
Speaker 1: Guys, back to you, thank you damn. All right, now, Cavino and Rich, we got Frank Caleendo. I don't want to waste any time. Let's just hit it Midweek Major.
Speaker 5: Come on, Covino and Rich, get you over the middle of the week when mid Week Major.
Speaker 1: I love that we.
Speaker 5: Throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas, and it's like the kids.
Speaker 1: Say, that's summit. We definitely here.
Speaker 5: See it our scoring Midweek Major.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's go quick here, so we could get eight minutes in before we send Caliendo into standstill traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a busy, guys, so we're gonna go in this order.
Speaker 8: Coveno, Rich and then Caliendo CRC okay, all right, all right, and now the most famous person besides pro golfer Laura Layton from.
Speaker 1: Iowa City, Iowa. It's Iowa Sam.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, oh, this is such a special Midwek Major. Let's get right into it. As Dan Byer mentioned in his most recent update, Tiger Woods following his most recent DUI will get comprehensive in patient treatment abroad.
Speaker 1: Why for the sake of privacy?
Speaker 9: Tiger's legal representation successfully argued in filings that there's just too much smoke and heat here for him to get effective treatment and do rehab in the best way possible. Too many tabloids, paparazzi, and in general people are too much in the know about Tiger's health and legal situation, and his presence here could compromise the treatment process. Tiger Woods leaving the US for treatment Midwek or Major.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I say, forget us. I'm curious what President Trump thinks about as pal Tiger Woods.
Speaker 10: Well, I think that Tiger's made some difficult decisions and some of them didn't go the way that he wanted to. And he said, Tiger, it's time to tame yourself. We've got a tamu and you've got to go out of the country. You're gonna go out of the country. And he said, good, out of the country, and you're gonna get to fix this.
Speaker 1: You gotta fix this because you get fix it. I said, do you think you can fix it here? And he said, I don't know.
Speaker 10: And he said it very that Tiger Woods stuck out away Tiger Woods.
Speaker 1: Where's he going? Where is he going to? You know, mister president, do you think it's midweek or major?
Speaker 10: I would say mid majors or A lot of people say you can't say that.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm the president, that's true. Mid majors a new category.
Speaker 10: Major.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm not gonna argue with the President. I'm gonna say major. Sam, I mean, as Tiger was is a big story. His mugshot is everywhere. It's embarrassing, and everybody knows the dude he needs privacy. It's just too distracting of a situation. And rehabs a really serious thing, not only for him but everyone else there no doubt, right, Like, so yeah, it's it's too much. I think it's major. You know, Sam, can I hijack for a second because I know we have to do it. Coach gruten here as well, and I heard Damn Bayer talking about pookin the Kua. I just say that the biting that woman. Any thoughts on him possibly biting.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what, man, if you're gonna, if you're gonna bite somebody, bite a man.
Speaker 1: Let's be a man. Yeah, you ever see those that.
Speaker 8: Be a man?
Speaker 2: That's that in your algorithm. Covido be a man. I'll tell you what. I'll tell you. Biting apple and Apple day keeps the doctor away. I think the worst thing you could do is bite a woman.
Speaker 1: Man, be a man. Don't bite a woman. Bite a man. Man your own size.
Speaker 2: I've always said, always said that, bite somebody your own size, man.
Speaker 1: Any other stories? What else I got? More?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Major? All right, let's keep going here. All right, heads are gonna roll for this one. Guys. To quote the television character. I hope Frank knows this one. The television character Colleen Doneghe played by the great Elaine Stretch on Thirty Rock.
Speaker 5: This is a disgrace.
Speaker 9: After being eliminated by Bosnia and Hurtzegovina yesterday, Italy will miss the its third consecutive World Cup. Italy won the World Cup in two thousand and six, but maybe it's last one in twenty fourteen. No doubt the natives are wrestless over here. Let me give you a comper parallel. In my eyes, this is like Yankees missing the postseason for like ten years, or Alabama football being down.
Speaker 1: Out for iteration. Italy out of the World Cup. Italy has not made a World Cup in three tries. What does Pacino think of it?
Speaker 3: Why, we're just getting warmed up and you're already out. Every time they think they're out, they pull us back in. Unless you're Italy talking about soccer, Yeah, it's it's bad news.
Speaker 1: By the way, al Pacino, what's up with your Thundercat Hairdo tell you should get? Calli endo? You know Frank kille Ady has a flowby no, that's John Gruden has a power Listening to the show Thunder Thunder Thunder thunder Cats, you get that. I feel like it. Al asks for the liono when he gets a haircuts high Lino.
Speaker 3: He's a good one leader, the leader of the ThunderCats. Only thing better might be those kids from vol trying. I won't try not bad? And how about battle the planets? Look out for Zoltaro over you goat no.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, I gotta say that's a major story though, Sam Major major. Hey, I'm half Italian. That's embarrassing. You have Italy representing again. They're Italian Americans. But they did so well in the WBC and a sport that they're supposed to be good at soccer. They haven't qualified in three years the World Cup.
Speaker 9: No since twenty fourteen, so it'll be sixteen years before they get another chance.
Speaker 1: I'm so embarrassing. It's it's a it's actually a disgrace for Italians. Maybe they can, maybe they maybe they could cater it good food.
Speaker 9: I should one less story said, quick one here quick one April first, right now is the one year anniversary since we lost Val Kilmer. All right, So he signed on to do a movie called As Deep As As Deep as the Grave. And this was when he was you know, he was still alive, but his health wouldn't allow him to do this movie. Now it's this is an independent film, and now it's being uh, it's being talked about that he's going to be replicated in this film using AI. This is the most bold use of AI in a film.
Speaker 1: A second, you're.
Speaker 2: Telling me allan Iverson is going to play this part. Is that what you're talking about. You're talking about practice IOWA talking.
Speaker 1: About practice artificial intelligence.
Speaker 9: He's gonna be remade using VALCILM is gonna be remade using AIS.
Speaker 2: That a Spielberg film Artificial Intelligence starring Alan Iverson. I'll tell you what that's just that's breaking my mind right now. Man Alan Iverson in a Spielberg film about artificial intelligence AI doing AI Man. I didn't think it was possible. What's the farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking was the name was that? Was that Ei E I O?
Speaker 5: What's what I was gonna do with Ai I O?
Speaker 1: But it was I couldn't remember which AI.
Speaker 2: He A yeah, Hey, are.
Speaker 1: Chew the girl? That's what I do, by the way, major story. Yeah, but hold on.
Speaker 9: His family approves it, he signed off on it, he was signed up to do the film, and his states it's okay.
Speaker 1: Anyone else thinks doesn't matter if his family's cooled it. Shut your mouth, shut your pie hole, but we're it's interesting to see where this goes in the future with other roles and other actors. I get all that, but if his family's cooled it? Well, mine a complain, Morgan Freeman, when you're no longer with us one day, is your voice up for goal? I have lawyers.
Speaker 2: I've actually heard him talk about that. Sounds like, so do you do what's gonna happen when you got what people doing?
Speaker 1: Your voice? Do you like that? I have plenty of lawyers. Truth of the matter is they're.
Speaker 3: Going to have to swim through vibe out of their mouths of the fifth slap. I can't even imagine. Oh maybe I just don't want to.
Speaker 1: My favorite my favorite life that we always say from Morgan Freeman in Shushank, how often do you look at a man shoes? About? How often do you look at a man's shoes? It depends? Yeah, how often? Oh man, thank you? I thank you? Shiated Hey, Frank, I know you're the guy I did say. I had two questions down to one. You got all these great impressions, and we love talking to all your different characters. When it comes to singing, though, do you sing like Frank or do you try to sing like the artists?
Speaker 2: If you want to carry out I don't do a ton of singing impressions, because all I ever felt I could do is rhyme with them, So that that was I wasn't really into.
Speaker 1: I could do.
Speaker 2: I could probably do some if I really worked on it, but something I never really worked on.
Speaker 1: So when you're singing, you're singing like it's me and it's just awesome. It's a lot ud do that is that? What's going on in Sacramento or I'm gonna be doing it's Uh, it's gonna be Frankie Acappella nice. Uh tell everybody where they can get tickets again on stage dot com for tickets.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be in Irvine tonight on the way there now at the Improv Oxnard Levity Live on Friday. That's an Axnard, California and it's a lot of live levity.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tuesday next week is Sacramento at the Punchline that's almost sold out. Wednesday is uh Sanford, Cisco at Cobbs Comedy Club. And then next weekend not this weekend, like April seventeen eighteen, somewhere in there after tax Day. It's Comedy Works South just south of Denver in I think Green something village, but it's Comedy Works South suburb of Denver. Frank onstage dot com for tickets to all those perfect.
Speaker 1: Dude, thank you, thank you, true pleasure. We're big fans, Frank, Kelly and everybody. We got more Comedo Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio. My last question for Frank though he left. Frank Callendo, thanks again for stopping by. Was all these other impressions we see on social media? Is that good for his game and what he does? Or does he look at them as like competition? What do you think? I don't know. I mean he is the best, so he's the best. So you know, here's everyone, you know, always people out there are trying to take the crown. Frank on stage dot Com. Thanks again to Frank Callendo showing by very quick. Yeah, thank you, and great job, Danny g That almost you guys were hooking that up. And it almost doesn't bother me that the Mets got walked off an hour ago. I know Yankees with the W So we're live from Fox Sports Radio Studio. For over forty years, TI rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free, backed by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be now tomorrow, we're bringing back Old School show and tell right, Danny g we are along with old school and fift school went fifty hits, so we throw it back on a Thursday. Be sure to join us then, and yeah, I hope you enjoyed. Frank Caliendo send him a nice comment on the social media Pageshi, Manzi Moncey, you missed John Gruden, you miss George Bush? Obama was here? Can I participate in the show until tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: You get what are you showing? Can I? Can I show the Yoshi babble huad you got it? You know? Our boss Scott was here. Yes, I saw him. I saw him as he was walking out, and he was saying that he went with his kids and family and they couldn't even get one. What time did they get there? I don't I wonder I should have asked. I should have asked, no, no, no, it was nuts. You should give it to his kids. Let me tell you who I'm not going to give it to. It's the boss's kids. I don't care. You know, people said people came from I didn't care. The boss's wife was saying that some people came from Japan, some people A lot of people Japan. They were doing that for others the lot you guys. It was. It was nasty, it was messy, It was messy, but I was there. I managed to got one. I didn't bring it, but I will bring it to Off for showing her monsy bit somebody, okay, just to get mant I was gonna ask you meant to post that earlier on your Instagram? It was an accident, my bad. Are you sure you meant? Did you mean to send me what you said? I was an accident. She knows. You guys, why don't you for the April Fools show? That's that's That's the one harmless fun April Fools joke I I do every year and someone always falls for where MANCI just text you should do this. Text a bunch of your girlfriends. He'd be like, hey, hey, girl, did you mean to post that? And then ghost them and they like post what where? Post what? Oh god, where what? And they freak out like like what did I accidentally post? By the way, do you think we got anybody thinking it was John Gruden on the show? I bet you we got somebody somebody do anything well, because the thing is, we did the bit with him as grood and Trivia until we're like, yeah, by the way, it's it's caliendo. I guarantee there was probably someone flipping through saying, oh they grooed and Trivia. Without a doubt. I would guarantee you I'd want to know your feedback to hit us up at Covino and Rich. I bet you we got somebody. By the way, Manny Munio, says Yoshi Bobblehead on eBay coming soon. You're not getting rid of this bad No, no, I'm not going to No, no, no, sure not. What do you think the price will be on eBay? I've heard it's already like three hundred bucks. Oh, I was thinking like five hunds. You'll get there. Yeah, it'll get there. No, I'm not. I'm keeping it. It's cute. I'll trade you with John Sterling when I have for them. Let me think about it. It's a talking Johnson. Oh that does make it a little bit better. I'm not gonna know what. I hate how good the Yankees pitching rotation is, by the way, because they got gart Callback Max Freeds of saw young candidate and you've been saying, it's all give communal props. This shitler guy. No, no, you don't have to beat me. Schlittler, slittler dude. This guy six innings today, no runs. He's really good. He's gonna be a young player. All right, we'll see you guys tomorrow. Have a great one until then, see you in the promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah,