Speaker 1: Okay, guys, here are my dates for the High and Mighty Tour.
Speaker 2: In August, you can find me in Red Bank, New Jersey, Montclair, New Jersey, and Calgary that's Canada. And September I will be in Santa Barbara, San Diego, New York City, Philly, and New Haven, Connecticut. October is Atlanta, Baltimore, Saginaw, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Boise, Idaho and Spokane. And then in November I'll be in San Francisco. I'm coming to Salt Lake City, Austin, Houston, Dallas Babies, I'll be there. And then in December I am closing out my tour in Denver and Vancouver. So get your tickets at Chelseahandler dot com for the High and Mighty Tour.
Speaker 1: Hello hello Chelsea, Hello Chelsea.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hello, you're Chelsea. I'm Catherine.
Speaker 3: Hello Catherine.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you a crazy story. Oh oh, I.
Speaker 5: Think I told you this, but I don't know if I mentioned it on the podcast. But in February of last year, I went to the gym and came home and realized that the like main stone in my engagement ring was gone. It had like gotten knocked out and it was totally gone. So then I spent the entire day.
Speaker 3: We had like vacuumed the.
Speaker 5: Day before, so I spent the rest of the day like combing through the crap from the vacuum and like searching on the floor of my gym and like crying.
Speaker 3: Just like all day because I was like, this thing is gone. Right. Oh that was February of last year.
Speaker 5: And this weekend I was out in the garden. We've been like moving some stuff around in the bedroom. We got some new bedside tables this and that's why I was like switching stuff from my old bedside table and the new one. Who knows how it happened, but I was out in the garden and Breg comes out and he was like, I don't know if this is it. This might just be like a glittera sparkle from something. But he opens his hand, he goes, is this your diamond? And he had my diamond from my ring a year and a half ago in his palm.
Speaker 1: Where did he find it?
Speaker 3: In the middle of the floor. Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: It just was like literally I had a regulated ones tell me like crystals like you know, yea luck crystals or whatever.
Speaker 3: She's like, they might wander away.
Speaker 5: Don't worry if they wander away, they might come back if you need them again.
Speaker 3: But they might.
Speaker 5: I'm like, this is literally what happened. It like wandered away and then it came back.
Speaker 1: I wonder what they're Yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Crazy to find that a year later, completely after how many times you vacuumed.
Speaker 5: Vacuumed where we looked. I'm like, maybe it was in my bedside table and like fell out as I was like transferring things over to the new one.
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's a nice return, isn't that why? I like that that crystals wandering? Did you say anything about diamonds? Did they wonder?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think like it's a crystal, right, I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know anything about stones. Is a diamond a crystal?
Speaker 3: At He's just laughing at me. So anyway, that was my.
Speaker 1: That's a good omen I think is good luck.
Speaker 5: I know. I was like, I think this is also a reminder, like somebody that there is looking out for us.
Speaker 3: So that was a good reminder.
Speaker 5: But CJ, who uses say of them pronouns, wrote in with an update.
Speaker 3: It was both a Crystal and a jim Ah.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brad. Good to know. Thank you, Brad.
Speaker 3: He's full of information.
Speaker 5: CJ says, dear Chelsea, it's been over two years since you, both along with Skyler Baylor, advised me to follow my trans joy and move from New York City to North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Well that's so funny.
Speaker 5: Our other, our last minnesot somebody's moving to North Carolina to move from New York City to North Carolina to be with my also trans partner. Since we last spoke, i'd been flying back and forth, still paying eleven hundred dollars rent for the same queen's apartment that I'd been living in for the last twenty three years, and working the same remote job.
Speaker 3: Well I did it. About a month ago.
Speaker 5: We loaded all of my belongings into a truck to officially start our new life together. As someone on the spectrum who's absolutely ter fight of change, it was, without a doubt, the most challenging thing I've ever done. Literally every facet of my life changed in a week. I even lost my job, so now I don't have to stress that my fully remote job will call me into the office. But Chelsea I'm incredibly proud of myself. I opened myself up to love for the first time in life and took a real chance at happiness. It turns out true love does exist. Who knew and for the first time. I'm genuinely excited to see what's next for him, for us.
Speaker 3: And most especially for me.
Speaker 1: Beautiful so sweet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because, as you say, we're all going to die soon anyway, so we might.
Speaker 3: As well start living our best lives.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you so much for your advice. Thank you so much for your advice. This took some time, but it did eventually sink.
Speaker 3: In ps.
Speaker 5: The first official event we attended after moving here was to see you in Durham. Thank you both to you and Yaminica for a great night best sea.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet. I love a love story, I know.
Speaker 5: I thought that was so fantastic and like, yeah, if you call, if you called in a couple of years ago, like let us know what's going on.
Speaker 3: If that's the perfect upset.
Speaker 2: Updates and North Carolina is poppin' it is living there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm moving there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, our caller today is Charlie.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 5: His subject line is I accidentally fell in love and now the government is involved. Dear Chelsea, I'm a thirty five year old gay man, surprise, surprise, and my husband is thirty eight and lives in Brazil. We met an early spring of twenty twenty three, when he was in New York doing work at Cornell University. Even then, we knew our time together would likely be brief because his contract was only for a year, after which he would need to return to Brazil. He was on a jay one visa that legally required him to return to his country and not come back to the US for at least three years. I guess to spread the word about how great America is, but I digress.
Speaker 3: When we met, I.
Speaker 5: Was looking for the exact opposite of anything serious. I remember thinking, oh, this will be fun, and it was very quickly. He invited me over to his apartment for dinner. I'm actual dinner. This man cooked Brazilian recipes he had learned from his mom, including desserts. No one had ever really done that for me before. We ended up spending a lot of dinners together over the course of the year. Not looking for anything serious flew out the window. We fell in love a month before he had to leave We got married in a small lakeside ceremony. It was my parents, his friend, his friend's dog, and my friend officiating. It was freezing in February, but we truly did not care. He had to go home over two years ago. Since then, I've gone to see him every year, usually for three or four weeks in June. I'm grateful to be able to afford to do this on a yearly basis. The green card process has been an absolute bear. The whole process honestly feels insane and never ending for someone who is legally married to an American citizen. My question is how do you stop yourself from becoming bitter when the love of your life is stuck forty five hundred miles away because of bureaucracy, government fees, and what feels like the world's longest group project. All my best, Charlie pshi ps, we're monogamous.
Speaker 2: Hi monogamous, Hi and Charlie. Hi you guys, Hi cutie pies. So where are you guys now? Are you in Brazil?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We're in Brazil. We're on vacation right now at a resort's We're here until Saturday.
Speaker 2: Great, Well that's nice and I'm glad you guys are together, enjoying each other.
Speaker 1: You have a beautiful love story. This is very exciting.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: My brother is going through the same exact thing with his wife who lives in the Philippines. She they have two children, and their visa process and green car process and marriage process has been very similar to what you're describing.
Speaker 1: It's been an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 2: It involves I mean, so I'm so glad that you are grateful for the ability to even fly visit him, and you that you can afford to do that. You have to have gratitude for the small things. This system is really frustrating, and I understand how frustrating it can be. This administration is not helpful of obviously, and it's not going to last forever. So I think that you just have to figure out way to stay connected and figure out maybe different rituals or kind of am initiating new rituals for each other to stay connected so that you don't let your anger overshadow you know, the gratitude that you should have for each other and the patience that is required for this to work. And it's infuriating, and if you let yourself.
Speaker 1: Go down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: It will just.
Speaker 1: Become more and more infuriating.
Speaker 2: So, like, what kinds of things can you guys do to keep each other, you know, uplifted during this challenging time.
Speaker 4: So we usually we're talking every day, like at least once or twice a day on FaceTime. We're texting all day long. Recently it's been a little bit more challenging because I've been working night shift, but hopefully I'm done with that. And then we started an Instagram paved just kind of like documenting our travels, Like we just kind of started doing that. Like that's kind of something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Like is that a private page for you too, or like a public page?
Speaker 4: It's public. I mean we have like five followers right now, but it's public.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe there's something like I don't know, maybe there's something to do with writing five things down in the beginning of the day or at the end of the day that you want to let the other person know that you're thinking about you know, like for you and your partner, Like these are the five things that I think about you today, or make it three things or five things that I did today that I thought about you while I was doing them, or five different times today that I thought about you while I was away from you, you know, like kind of create I love the Instagram thing, just I think creating more ritual around togetherness and to fill in the blank of the actual separateness that you're feeling when you are separated, to fill that up with stuff and like projects, not the projects that are going to be so time consuming, but projects that just keep you connected.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea.
Speaker 5: Is there like an end in site right now with where you're at in the process, So.
Speaker 4: Like our documentation has passed through the Immigration Service and now it's with the Department of State, so we're just waiting, Like we had to send all the same paperwork to the Department of State that was already passed through like the USCIS.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're.
Speaker 4: Just waiting for them to have a say in what's happening. That's really frustrating too, because it's like the same documentation over and over, Like we got married here or in the United States, yeah, and we are also legally married in Brazil. So it's he has a more positive outlook on things. I guess probably just being Brazilian and I'm from the United States, and I can kind of get myself down in the dumps about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then you need to start writing those things down in the morning.
Speaker 1: Specifically, you need.
Speaker 2: To write write down, here are the five things we're going to Hey, this is how we're going to start our day once you come and live in America. These are the first five things we're going to do every morning. I'm going to wake up, I'm going to make you a cup of coffee. You're going to wake up, You're going to make me a cup of coffee. Whatever your rituals are together, like, just start implanting that into your head and writing those things down to just kind of change the vibration of your attitude towards the situation, because you don't want to be cynical. You want to be optimistic. You want to be positive, and you want to have something to look forward to.
Speaker 5: And another thing you can kind of do to reframe a little bit is when you start feeling down in the dumps, you're not going to be able to make yourself do this every time. You won't, but try to think about instead of like how upset you are that he's not there, try and conjure the feeling of how relieved and excited you're going to be when he is in the States, like when he does get there, like try and conjure those feelings. That's like one of those like manifestation tricks as well as they say, like put yourself in that headspace, right, It's like imagine yourself together having a cup of coffee in the morning, not just like welcoming him at the airport, but like your day to.
Speaker 3: Day and all the things you want to do together.
Speaker 5: And you can even make a list of those things too, but like spend time in your head thinking of what that's gonna feel like and what that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, and inviting the positive thoughts in like inviting positivity instead of going God, this is so frustrating, this isn't working. It's never gonna happen. You have to be like, this is gonna happen. There is gonna be a day where this does happen, where we are waking up next to each other and we are spending our lives together. Invite in that positivity, like create a magnetic attraction for that to happen. Because this paperwork could change in a day. You could get this notice in one day. It's happened to my friend. She was waiting for months and months and months, and then she found out one day that it was clear and that she was free to stay here. She couldn't go back and forth because she had she couldn't leave the States while she was waiting, she was pending her visa status. So and like it literally changed in a second when she was so frustrated. So like, really, just invite in positivity. Invite in positivity and like a magnetic attraction so that this does work out sooner, like energy shifts things, and so like you never know who's gonna get to their desk one day and then just stamp your paperwork and go, okay, this is official.
Speaker 1: So just start thinking and conjuring.
Speaker 2: As Catherine said, those ideas and that thought process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really reassuring actually because we've had like no guide it and so like how that works out, Like because so we didn't know, like is it just one day somebody puts a stamp on it.
Speaker 2: It's like okay, yeah, basically, do you have an immigration attorney that you're working with.
Speaker 4: No, we kind of just have been doing it by ourselves thus far, and we have been told that, like we could spend a lot of money on an immigration attorney who doesn't have any more power really than we do for the doing the same things that we're already doing.
Speaker 5: So send us your Instagram handle for this account that you guys have together. We'll put it in the notes so people can check you guys out and follow you as well.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Okay, it's gringo because I'm the gringo here, okay, and Guiano gringo egoyano.
Speaker 1: That's cute. Love it.
Speaker 5: Thank you God, thank you for calling in, and best of luck.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah bye, all right, we got one little thing to wrap up with. And Hailey says, uh, Dear Chelsea, I'm a longtime listener and have a completely non urgent, but highly persistent curiosity. I've noticed Chelsea frequently wearing a beautiful green heart necklace and interviews, press appearances, and photos over the years. At this point, it's become one of those little things my brain files under. I wonder what the story is there, especially since I know she isn't particularly materialistic when it.
Speaker 3: Comes to accessories and jewelry.
Speaker 5: If there's a story of sentimental meaning gift, lucky, charm, or personal significance behind it.
Speaker 3: I'd love to hear about it on the podcast.
Speaker 5: And if the answer is simply she likes it and it looks good with every outfit and makes her eyes pop, honestly, that's perfectly acceptable too. Thanks for all the laughs, wisdom, delightfully unfiltered advice each week. Thanks to Chelsea, I have list of vocabulary words save to my phone Kurt blanche sagacious, alacrity, a plum ameliorate, to name a few.
Speaker 1: Look up poll rumptious. Pul rumptious is a pole rumptious. That's a good word.
Speaker 6: And I learned a great word this morning. Rolled on a second, what pol rumptious mean? Pas siloquy. Passiloquy is someone who is. It's a noun economy of expression, especially in speech. Pas siloquy, so paustity, which is shortness, an illoquy, which is language and the way you speak. I love it pas siloquy, But paul rumptious is a good word.
Speaker 5: Toot oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is Melinda Maria, my friend is a jewelry costume designer. This isn't even a real real emerald, Although all of my girlfriends who are friends with Melinda Maria because I wear this fake necklace all the time make fun of me because they're like, Chelsea, everyone thinks you're walking around with a real emerald. And I was like, well, I don't really care. And then they're like, we're gonna get you a real emeralds. I'm like, great, and where And they've been telling me that they have my emerald.
Speaker 1: They have my emerald. We all chipped in and got you a real emerald.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't believe you, because no one has given it to me.
Speaker 1: But I love it just because it's green and I love green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if there's not really and she's my friend and I just she has rings too and all this.
Speaker 1: She has lots of jewelry. But I just love this. I've never I get so many compliments on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very unique, I think, but it's like also goes with everything.
Speaker 3: It's simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, So that's the story.
Speaker 5: All right, Well we'll see you all next time, Okay, bye bye. The word of the week is pull rumptuous. Pull rumptuous adjective a word from the eighteen hundreds meaning big headed, obstreperous, and downright obnoxious used in a sentence the man in first class had a pull rumptuous disposition when speaking to the flight attendant. Pull rumptious. If you want advice from Chelsea, write into Dear Chelsea podcast at gmail dot com. Dear Chelsea is a production of iHeartMedia. Follow Chelsea on all socials at Chelsea Handler, and find Katherine on tik tok at Flashcadabra. Dear Chelsea is edited and engineered by Brandon Dickert executive producer Katherine Law. Find full video episodes and minisodes now on Netflix, and get tickets to see Chelsea live at Chelseahandler dot com