Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the day. It's a read. But you're so good at Charlamagne, you know what he wants.
Speaker 2: Charlamage, Damn Solomon, who do your beaving dusky other day?
Speaker 3: Soon?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Well, sexy man, Donkey today for Monday, September twenty third.
Speaker 3: Will be up to you all. Okay.
Speaker 4: I saw folks in an uproar about this over the weekend, sending me messages.
Speaker 3: Saying, Uncle, Sharla, you should give Janet Jackson donkey of today.
Speaker 4: And then I went and saw what Janet said, and I couldn't believe you. He'sns was treating the architect of rhythorm nation with such disrespect. Okay, this woman made that's the way love goes, and this is the thing she gets. I didn't quite feel like she should get the biggest he haul, but I will let you all decide.
Speaker 3: See the woman who showed us what the pleasure principle was.
Speaker 4: Janet Jackson was having a conversation with The Guardian that was published on Saturday, and one of the things she said in the article was she heard that Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Was not black.
Speaker 4: Here's the quote, She's not black. That's what I heard end quote. All right, that's what she recently said of Democratic presidential nominee Kamala Harris. Jannis said her father is white. That's what I was told. I mean, I haven't watched the news in a few days now when I heard this. To me, it was just an opportunity to teach we live in a world where misinformation runs so rampant, where so much fake news and alternative facts circulate, that it's not surprising to me that folks believe the fake news. Not for the record, Kamala Harris is both black and Indian American. Those are simply the facts.
Speaker 3: Okay. She has always identified as black and Indian. Her father is from Jamaica, her mother is from India. That's that.
Speaker 4: But because of misinformation promoted by former President Donald Trump and others, people have, you know, run with the Kamala Harris is not black lie.
Speaker 3: Personally, I think.
Speaker 4: Folks was being too hard on Jana Jackson. Okay, she was misinformed, Correct her and move on. It's easy to be misinformed and repeat something you heard in this era. Happens to folks every single day, even to people like Janna Jackson. And you know who I really blame. I blame everyone who legitimizes foolishness, who legitimizes foolishness like this is new okay, all the papers, all the news networks, the MSNBC's, the Fox, CNN, all of y'all. When you're sitting around making things like disappointed debate, when you replay you know, Trump and others constantly repeating these lies, you amplify them, and the lie gets around the world three times, okay, while the truth is still putting on issues.
Speaker 3: They will have whole panel discussions about this nonsense. It is Kamala Harris black.
Speaker 4: Dana Bashi even asked Kamala what she thought of Trump's comments. All of that type of rhetoric legitimizes that lie because there has to be some sort of legitimacy to it.
Speaker 3: If it's being posed as a question on cable.
Speaker 4: News right right, wrong, and nobody cares about the truth and the lies more entertaining. The truth is Kamala Harris is both black and Indian, but the lie okay, she just turned black, is way more entertaining. By this lie has spread so much that even the Almighty Janet Jackson believes it. Even the way the media has written. This headline about the Janet Jackson situation reinforces the false narrative that Kamala Harris isn't black, because the headline enrolled stone is Janet Jackson questions whether Kamala Harris is black NBC News. Janet Jackson tells interviewer she heard Kamala Harris is not black. All people see is Janet Jackson says, Kamala Harris is not black. If you already heard that, now you might believe it, because even Janet Jackson said it.
Speaker 3: What I don't understand is why are we so quick to dunk on each other for just simply being wrong.
Speaker 4: Why is everybody so quick just slander Janet Jackson and then so Janet Jackson when we all have been victims of some form of misinformation on social media, when people say things like everyone knows Kamala Harris dad is black.
Speaker 3: No, everyone clearly doesn't.
Speaker 4: And it is very arrogant to assume that folks have that piece of information handy. And I really wish we would stop attacking people for being misinformed, especially when they aren't trying to weaponize the misinformation.
Speaker 3: They just wrong.
Speaker 4: Just debunk the misinformation. Show the person the facts and then once you do that, move on.
Speaker 3: It's not that serious.
Speaker 4: There's no reason to be coming at the woman who made what have you done for me lately?
Speaker 3: Like this?
Speaker 4: So let's go to breakfast club for it, that's right and get my music? Are people overreacting? Are should Janet Jackson get the biggest he Hall?
Speaker 3: You heard the facts? I just laid them out for you. I laid out what she said, laid out what happened, and let's go to the phones.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do that.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred and five eight five one five one man breakfast club cost. So the question is Janet Jackson okay? She said that she didn't think that the president was black? She said she heard I guess as she heard it from and she was absolutely.
Speaker 4: She shean't said she didn't think, she said she heard she heard. So the question an Bretherid Kamla Harris was than black. Do you give Janet Jackson grace or no?
Speaker 3: Should get the biggest he hull?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You overreacting? Or should she get the biggest hea Hall?
Speaker 1: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 1: Del from jen City City? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 7: I think that we need to leave in it alone. At the end of the day, she's an entertainer, she's not a politician. She never swore on anybody's valuable to handle anything as far as power takes. And the fact that we keep putting so much emphasis on the opinions of people who are literally literally just here to entertain the Master's it's crazy. It's politicians full at the end of the day for always going so hard to push for endorsements for people just so that you could get the votes of their fans. But at the end of the day, I'm not voting for anyone because being the rector said so, like, that's just not a thing.
Speaker 4: Who who could tell you to vote for somebody? Like what what person do you follow? And if they said, hey, I'm supporting this person, you would you would?
Speaker 3: You would do it too.
Speaker 7: Nobody like my family, we have family discussions or how we all feel. I'm not I don't know these people in real life.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the deal is.
Speaker 7: I don't know who's paying you. I don't know how often you even watch the news. So no, no one's opinion and the entertainment business matters to me.
Speaker 8: Whatsoever.
Speaker 7: Me and my family get together, we watched the debate, We had the discussions and we decide how we you and I believe.
Speaker 3: Most people feel like her.
Speaker 2: This is why a lot of people like uh celebrity stay out of politics though, because it's like when you don't know something, they drag you, and you try and support they drag you.
Speaker 1: Yep, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hey Lisa, good morning.
Speaker 5: What did you think about Jenney Jackson saying that Kamala Harris is not black.
Speaker 9: And it knew what she was doing. She's had how many so I think that is of experience being an artist doing the interviews with gr three forty exactly saying she did it, not back to her.
Speaker 6: She did this, she hued to.
Speaker 9: But let's keep in mind that the brother Randy his words to non people like these ultra right wing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, it's Instagram and he's he's pretty extreme. And if that's being as manager, and she had plenty of times to expect or to apologize, she didn't see apology.
Speaker 5: Phone sound your phone sound a little crazy, mama. So so what she was basically saying was she feels like Janet knew what she was doing and that her brother is a Republican and possibly feeding Janet the information.
Speaker 3: So she's saying Janet needs the biggest Huh.
Speaker 1: That's what she's saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Name your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Good morning y'all. I love y'all, by the way, I listen every day. But I just think that it's crazy, Like I hate this for Jenny Baking because one, this is like public information right, like you can literally go so Wikipedia, page Google. So it's like for somebody who's on her plantfork just behind it turned out another woman. I just think it's crazy, and it's like why she's the only woman on here trying to make it like we don't want down the Trump she's the worst can it ever? And then it's like we're just off here shaming her name and talk about her for oh I'm sorry, fuck use up about her for what. I just don't get it. I hate this for Janna Jacka, I honestly do.
Speaker 4: So you you think Jane should get the biggest he haf or what I think she deserves?
Speaker 6: Us here today, Uncle Charla, It's like why you were sending out another black woman, regardless that she was a black woman or not. We've been voting for white men forever? So why are you messing with this woman?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I give what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We're asking should Janey Jackson get donkey of the day.
Speaker 4: Damn, it's looking like she gonna get that biggest heat out.
Speaker 5: Y'all will take some calls when we come back at the Breakfast Club tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is j ND Jess Hilarry Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Laura Laosa feeling in for Jesshall.
Speaker 3: You all right, Lauren lo Rosa? What I said? O, you are right? I'm always okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Should we give Jenny Jackson donkey to day? That is the question why.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, And you know I saw over the.
Speaker 4: Weekend people were hitting me. I'm saying, I'mbashalla, you gotta give Janet donkey. Today I went to go see what she said to the Guardian. You know, she told the Guardian that in regards to Kamala Harris, she's not black. That's what I heard. So clearly Janet is just misinformed. I feel like this is just an opportunity to teach correct her debunk the misinformation, keep it moving.
Speaker 3: But people want Jannet to get the donkey of today.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Good morning? My name is Kay?
Speaker 1: What's some case?
Speaker 5: Should should Janney get donky today?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: She deserves donkey of the day?
Speaker 1: Wow? Why do you say that?
Speaker 8: Because she is a superstar, you should have more knowledge and be more informidable. You shouldn't rely on people to tell you these things. This election is important and she had influence. She should be more careful of what she's saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thank you mama.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 8: Call Florence, South Carolina?
Speaker 1: What's up? Brother? You think Janna should at donky today? Of course?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Why why should she?
Speaker 8: I mean, like you said, it's misinformation.
Speaker 6: But if she don't know, she don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 8: Business?
Speaker 10: Nikki?
Speaker 1: Ain't Nikki? Good morning? Shit? Should Jenny Jackson get donkey today?
Speaker 6: She should not?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 10: Because we all make it, make mistakes, And even though she's a celebrity, why is she not available or able to make mistakes? We give misinformation all the time. She's able to receive misinformation just like we're able to receive misinformation. She shouldn't be held accountable for that.
Speaker 3: I agree, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this Hello?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey? What's your name?
Speaker 6: Veronica?
Speaker 1: Veronica? Should Jenny Jackson get dunky today?
Speaker 6: I think she should be held accountable absolutely?
Speaker 7: Why, Well, she hasn't watched the news in the past several days.
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe I haven't either.
Speaker 10: However, I will vice president for three and a half years.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: We all should know that she's black. Unacceptable. She should offer an apology.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, thank you so much. Than all right, Charlamagne, Well.
Speaker 4: The people are spoken. Jane Jackson, you need to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a work with you. Please give Jana Jackson the biggest Hea hull.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I feel like you know, you should just correct her debunked information, use it as an opportunity to teach and keep it moving.
Speaker 3: The last lady did bring up a very good point.
Speaker 4: It's not like the vice president hasn't been in office the last three and a half years, you know what I mean. So at the very least you should know she's black and Indian. You might not know both, but you at least you know one of those parts, and it should be the black part.
Speaker 2: It's a little while for her not to at least know that she yet to bring.
Speaker 5: Some people are just probably not in the polits not in the no, probably don't care, probably.
Speaker 2: Don't Georg Jane and Jackson lives under you know, in her own bubble and Jackson. But still, I mean, you know how touchy politics are. You could have been like, I don't want to answer that.
Speaker 4: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull lambing soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club