Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty. I'm strong and Jetty and he armstrong and Yetty. She Now those awards shows, how they give you like twenty seconds to say something and then they start playing music to tell you you gotta go. Oh yeah, I know, I'd always hated that. Really they'd started into something interesting. Well now I guess I know the producers know a lot of these people don't have much to say. So Adrian Brody actor. I loved him in The Pianist. Is that what he won? The oscar? For years and years ago, the piano whatever it was. I really liked him, but god, he won an oscar. Last night. He gets up there and he drones on forever, and they tried to play the music. So you're not playing me off. You're not playing me off. This isn't my first rodeo. And then he continues to drone on about nothing. It was so boring anyway. Here Hanson has edited it down his five and hour half minutes of droning on about mulling. I know, I kept saying to the TV, Henry and I are playing chess while we got it on TV, and I'm like, shut up, dude, geez, somebody pulled. Give them the five and a half minutes of drowning on nothing. This is edited down to just the ums and ohs.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, winning and and and and I'm oddly just brilliant and I'm wrapping up. Please please please, I'm wrapping up.
Speaker 4: I will wrap up.
Speaker 3: Please turn the music up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll get out here. And if you heard the entire five and a half minutes, it was not more meaningful than what you just heard. Yikes, yikes. He also did a reason to watch the Oscar. I also did the weird thing, so he's you know, they announced the Oscar and then everybody acts like they just won the Nobel Peace Prize or something. The reverence that everybody has in the crowd, I guess they all feel like they owe each other that, or they want to receive that if they win someday or whatever the way they it's just it's weird, the reverence for such a not that big a deal. Craft to me, Okay, you can act, good for you, that guy's really good at bill bird Houses, good for him and whatever.
Speaker 5: But the only thing they're better at than making movies is self importance. Got no, and you know obviously their awards are. It's a festival of self importance.
Speaker 2: Eh. So hard to watch, which you would wonder why did I watch? But he gets announced when the bad saskar he's kissing her hugging him a and he heads up and he really he realizes he's got gum in his mouth. He turns around, he yells to his girlfriend, throws his gum at her, and she kind of on her high heels stra reach over and catches it. Boy, thought, that wasn't the classiest move I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: It's just wrong to check it to tucket in your cheese, shy savage swallow it.
Speaker 2: No, it's disgusting. I've swallowed about five pounds of gum in my life.
Speaker 5: Probably Katie one more reason to judge Jack if she keeps the list for us.
Speaker 6: At this point, I have a scroll that's nineteen feet long.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, yeah, that was a mistake, going with a scroll instead of a notebook.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: So, speaking of status and that sort of thing, briefly, I had a very busy day yesterday. I volunteered at the golf tournament that my community slash home course hosts. It's a college golf tournament. Teams from around the country. It's wonderful, it's great fun. But I had an eleven hour workday on my day off yesterday, I was a spotter slash Marshall. And also, because you know, it's a charity tournament, we don't have money or anything, I was a divot filler, so I have binoculars on and these guys who hit the ball a mile, it's just ridiculous. I watch them hit I try to follow it in the binoculars and oh, it's over there in the trees, and we go try to find it or whatever. And then sometimes it's in the middle of the fairway whatever. But after they hit their shot, I've got my little sand container and I go in.
Speaker 2: I fill the divot. It's part of my job.
Speaker 5: And some of the teams, some of the guys will say thanks and thank you all for being here and helping as you fill the.
Speaker 2: Divot, which is nice.
Speaker 5: They've obviously been coached by their coaches you know you will do this, and they probably say it, you know, thirty seven times in the course of the tournament. But it's really nice. Other guys, particularly if they've hit a bad shot or whatever, just walk off grumbling as you fill the divot. And I want to say to some of these guys, kid, I get it, they're passionate young men, and you hit a bad shot, you're kind of seeing your scholarship and your dreams maybe go a couple of inches further away or whatever. I get it. I've competed myself. But I want to say to them, Look, there's people out here with a net worth they could buy a golf course and they're not me. But and they're filling your divots. You can't give them a little thanks as you walk away.
Speaker 2: What does that cause?
Speaker 5: Just say appreciate it, thanks, something like that. But I've never said anything, and and I won't. But that's fun though. If you love a game, for you to pick up another skill. And the way the radio things going.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know what divot filling pays in general, but it's not the best work for an old fellow with as long as it has health insurance. Yeah yeah, no kidding. So anyway, that was big fun. But speaking of working and getting things done, one of the more hilarious and flailing aspects of the anti Doge resistance, as personified by Chuck Schumer and Amy Klobach, are bellowing at demonstrations.
Speaker 2: Oh did you know so tomorrow night Trump is addressing both houses of Congress. It's not right. It's not a State of the Union address when your first first one is not yeah whatever, it's a State of the Union dress and uh. And he's gonna go out there and see a bunch of things. But the Democrats are all bringing people that have been laid off by Doge as their guests. So they're gonna go aheadack that house for our government employees who've lost their jobs. And after that, I think most of America is going to say, oh my god, you lost your job, How awful for you. They just are misreading the country.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I was gonna say, as those the aforementioned villains and others are bellowing and demonstrating in favor of government waste and bloat, which is an odd way to go, you know, an odd philosophy to advocate. I came across this. I believe it was one of our beloved listeners. Clip number fifteen, Michael, This is Dianne Feinstein. Back when she was coherent and significantly with us.
Speaker 2: She died. Uh yeah, I have trouble remember and who's alive and who's dead after being clearly dementia ridden for last year more of her career. It's just sad puppet anyway.
Speaker 5: This was Diane in nineteen seventy one, is a moderate Democrat city councilwoman in San Francisco, talking about government workers and how if you let them, they don't do anything.
Speaker 1: They are serving an enormous public trust, and this public trust must be honored in the deepest sense of the word.
Speaker 2: And I believe that very deeply.
Speaker 4: The number one topic of conversation right now is whether Diane Feinstein is serious about looking in on city employees to find out how hard they're working.
Speaker 1: I received a number of comments from people who are concerned that many city employees don't keep regular hours or their various infringements.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about Supervisor Einstein walking in on announced to see whether you're working.
Speaker 2: I don't appreciate people coming down here to looking on.
Speaker 1: Us, you know, And I think that city employees, of course should realize that they are a public body and that they're subject to the scrutiny of the public at all times, and that this is quite proper.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's all right with me, doesn't matter. I don't worry about it. Because we are busy.
Speaker 1: We're going to have to look towards some management studies of individual department.
Speaker 7: I think she can come here anytime she is, She'll be welcome.
Speaker 2: How busy are you in this department?
Speaker 1: Well, we never have too much rest, but we could use roller skates sometime. A part of the thing that's become difficult now is because of the press. It's very difficult for me to go in and out on an unobserved basis.
Speaker 4: This much can be said without exaggeration. If there are a popularity contest to be held in city Hall today, Diane Feinstein would scarcely take first place.
Speaker 5: So my favorite aspect to that video, and it's partly a visual, but she asks three different the reporter ask three different people, is that cool with you? And the first guy's like, no, no, I don't appreciate that at all. And he had the look and the office he was in had the look of we do stuff sometimes if we have to, but not much and nobody cares because nobody ever checks. And the two other gals. It's not a great data set. But the reason why they didn't mind it was because they're busy as hell.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, drop in any time, we don't care, right, And clearly.
Speaker 5: Guy number one, the reason he objected was because she would drop in and say, what are you doing right now?
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what Elon has said. His experience has been at Tesla and Twitter and other places. The people that complain the loudest are the people that can be easily replaced. Yeah, which is not surprising. I couldn't stop thinking. I mean, San Francisco has always been a lefty town. Diane Feinstein's always been a Democrat. How did the party move so far to the left of that?
Speaker 5: Well, exactly, it's the classic I didn't leave the party. The party left me to be liberal in nineteen seventy one. Meant, you know, we got to make sure black kids have as good as schools as white kids, and there's no segregation and that sort of thing. Now it means if a dude don it's a wig, you should be able to beat the hell out of girls on the sports field, which is a bizarre notion.
Speaker 2: Or if you played that for people and said it was. Now they would assume it. It must be the mayor of some super right wing red county and you know, red America, because it certainly couldn't be a Democrat.
Speaker 5: Right, When was the last time you heard a Democrats say, well, yeah, a public employee is being paid by the taxpayer, and yeah, constant accountability is part of the deal.
Speaker 2: If you don't like constantcountability, maybe public service isn't for you, right, exactly? That is wild. That's really good. Where'd you come across the well the internet in effect?
Speaker 5: But a beloved listener sent the link along and said, I think you'll find this interesting.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that. That's a good one. Charming. Wow, wonder what this diseases I have? I do not feel good. I'm on day nine. Yeah, cold lasts ten days though, so yay to be sickered in the cold, the underappreciated cold. Cold's very though, right every time you have when it's a little different. Yeah, and different people suffer differently than others.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the soft, for instance, suffer differently than the strong and resilient.
Speaker 2: The kind of person that puts cream in his coffee tends to succumb the golds more than the more Hearty of Us, More on the Way, Stay Here.
Speaker 5: Strong.
Speaker 7: Two people at a movie theater in Washington State watching Captain America Brave New World were surprised when we theater's ceiling collapsed on them. Surprised but grateful. What a steam and pile? Why are sequels so often bad and they get so far away from like the original goodness?
Speaker 2: What is that? Oh, it's a different impulse.
Speaker 5: I have art I want to create, and then I want to capitalize on the money my last start made. So I'm going if I can come up with a different story. And sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Speaker 2: But aside from that, the fact that a movie was just way too long and convoluted, and Harrison Ford is too old. God he's my mom's age. I like my mom. She probably shouldn't be an action movie star. But the other thing that happened at the theater that was new to me. There were a couple of previews. The movie started thirty two minutes after start time. Movie was at six. I got there at six, actually started at six thirty two. You always expect some previews. Fine previews in general tend to be worth watching. Yeah, fun, There are a couple of previews. There were about I tried to count between fifteen and twenty just flat out commercials. I mean like TV commercials for a soda, for medicine, for a car, for just like TV commercials you see anywhere. When did this become a thing. It's the first time I'd seen it in a movie. How freaking annoying is that? And I guarantee you what's gonna happen. People are gonna start showing up at six thirty for the six o'clock movie and you're gonna accomplish nothing. So whatever. Yeah, i'd be like skipping the opening band. Oh wow, so and so loud. So for years and years and years movie theaters, if you're old that they had kind of poor sound and sometimes it's even kind of hard to hear. Now it's just deafenitely loud all the time, so damned loud. Both My kids were your protection, like you're going to a concert. Wow.
Speaker 5: I was starting to get tempted to go back and maybe see a movie in the theaters, the h Dylan movie, for instance. Now you've convinced never mind, I'll wait.
Speaker 2: Running through a couple of things from the weekend, I came across some Tesla owners feel buyer's remorse and get egged as Elon Musk tears through the government and they quote a bunch of people who loved their Tesla when they first bought it and wanted to stand up for this or that, and now they're embarrassed, all right, buying whatever? Fine whatever? This was around the internet. How many countries tax their citizens and send money to the United States. I realize there's a difference between a poor country and the richest country that has ever existed. But true, true that you taxing those people after a day's work and sending the money here like we do all over the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I see some point to that, but it's like me yelling at my kids. I don't see you paying my tuition. I mean, it's just not the position.
Speaker 2: Problem to me is what do you get any credit for it? We don't get any credit for it. The world hates us. A lot of the world hates us. Half the country or all the young people hate It's like we're terrible. Those countries aren't sending us money. We're sending them money.
Speaker 5: Right, And it does become well, it's the classic taking something for granted thing It's like hereah benefits programs in the US, whether the benefit is deserved or not, or necessary not, or good fiscal policy or not, you try to take it away, then you're the bad guy speaking yes exactly, speaking of AID.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this episode of Tucker Carlson's show, but he had this guy on named Bob Amsterdam. How USA it is helping Zelensky destroy Christianity with fake churches and violence. It had three million views on Twitter and I'm sure many more million views on his own website, so a lot of people very interested in that point of view. I do not believe at all that Zelenski is out to destroy Christianity, but it's very popular. And then this thing that I came across, and.
Speaker 5: It's directly out of the Kremlin's messaging.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wall Street Journal had an essay from a woman. Can white men finally stop complaining? For fifty years we've been hearing from men who feel threatened by the gains of women and minorities. Now that the manosphere is in charge, the victim mentality has got to go. Surprised to see this in the Wall Street Journal seems like a WAPO New York Times sort of piece anyway. Matt Walls, Remember Matt Wall, she did the couple of different things that we like. What is a woman? What is a woman? He tweeted in response to that article. The woman who wrote this article is, of course too stupid to understand that its very existence is proof of exactly the kind of anti white male bias that she's denying. No mainstream publication would ever in a million years publish an article titled can women finally stop complaining? Or can Black people finally stop complaining? This is the kind of open contempt that can only be expressed toward one demographic group and no other white man. Correct.
Speaker 5: There was a headline out of the USA today I was going to talk about in rant about last week that we never got to. The headline was, and I quote as I found it, a Supreme Court appears likely to side with straight women in reverse discrimination case. Reverse discrimination or reverse racism whatever is an invented term that doesn't make any sense. Is racism? Discrimination is discrimination? One is because for a while, in one place on Earth it tended to be one person and another sort of person doesn't change the meaning of the terms.
Speaker 2: Join in on any of these things. On the text line four one five k ftc Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The Oscar campaign for Best Picture nominee Emilia Perez was badly damaged after problematic old tweets about George Floyd surfaced from transgender star Carla Sophia Gascon. And I think we can all agree what.
Speaker 5: That's a convoluted premise, Yes, amusing.
Speaker 2: I was speaking of amusing.
Speaker 5: I left that one part of my experience as a golf tournament marshal. There's this on the whole that I was patrolling. There's like a a hazard that's a fairly steep incline covered with plants down to a little lake, and a couple of times guys hit it in there, and I bravely ventured in to find their ball so they could decide whether they could hit it or whatever. It was part of my job, but I wanted to say to the guys, tell you what, looking for a.
Speaker 2: Ball in there is a slippery slope.
Speaker 5: But I just couldn't figure out exactly how to perfect and they just looked at me.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I got a question for you. This is on a theme we talked about last week. I don't remember how it came up. And then how to protect yourself from hackers. This is about the journey versus the destination or the point of life, or accomplishment in our effort, or what it means to be human or something. But wow, let's do it. What if you could take a pill that would make you five strokes better at golf? Would you do.
Speaker 5: It five strokes better?
Speaker 2: Or make it ten strokes if you want? Would you take a pill that would make it ten strokes golf? Would you take it? I would hope not. I would hope not. If I were a couple of drinks in I might.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I would hope not, because that it devalues, you know, the whole point.
Speaker 2: Right, I think that I think that means something.
Speaker 5: Although I think all mediocre golfers like myself hate the kid who he just picked up a golf club a month ago and he shot four under par for the third time today. You know, I hate people like that. That's crazy because he didn't work at all. He just happens to have the muscle memory and the talent and a good teacher or whatever.
Speaker 2: But the efforts the whole thing, right, it's a lot of it. I feel like if there was a pill that would make me play guitar like John Mayer today. I don't think I would take it. What would be the point? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 5: If on the other hand, you're on the back nine, you're down, I'm like a hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: I would take the pill. This would make me rich and get me a lot of girls. Okay, where's the pill now, I.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about the water. I'll choke it down. Yeah, yeah, probably not. I'd like to think I wouldn't so. Uh. First of all, a quick a couple of technoes, including on AI broadly. I've never heard of this guy before, but he's well known in tech circles. Shake Tanun bin Zayed all nyon how many names? Right off, he's from the UAE. He's sometimes called the spy Shake. Interesting guy. He is Richard and God as they say, and has enough money to indulge every one of his passions. So he you know, he decides I want to be a martial arts expert, and he becomes one, then a chess master, then a video gamer and whatever. And he's a really interesting fellow. But he's also decided that the UAE needs to get heavily, heavily into AI, and he is.
Speaker 2: The chairman.
Speaker 5: As the chairman of two Abu Dhabi wealth funds, he controls more than more money than almost anyone on the planet. The Abu Dhabi Sovereign Wealth Funds have an estimated one point four trillion dollars in assets. And this guy has an enormous personal fortune and he's decided AI is the future, and so he's set up a new AI fund MGX, set to be infused with more than fifty billion dollars. Well, okay, his wealth and other Abu Dhabi sources.
Speaker 2: First of all, wouldn't it be fun to live in a country that fun to say all the time Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi and write a song every day, including a dab. Probably more importantly on the AI front, any effort by Elon or Congress or whoever to sign up set up some guidelines that make sure people play within you know, the rules of AI. No flipping way. I mean, China's doing it, Russia doing it, this guy's doing it. It seems almost silly. Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 5: I get the intent. I'm one hundred percent down with the intent. But it's like standing next to a super highway and streaming slow down at every car that goes by. I appreciate the spirit here, Jim. Not sure it's gonna work. Yeah, yeah, it's kind of quaint anyway.
Speaker 2: Enough of that.
Speaker 5: So there are people all over the world who think that AI is the future, and they're pouring zillions of dollars in the wrong.
Speaker 2: No more change in my lifetime, can I Can I sign up for that? There's been enough change. Let's stop the change for the rest of my life. Or maybe there could be some sort of trade off. I will unplug the Internet and exchange for leap forward in cancer treatments or something like that. It's like, you know, every every bill needs to be balanced by a bill that's a limited or regulation, this alimited ere a dollar spend just it's got to be a break even anything changes forward, we go back.
Speaker 5: To something else there you go, Okay, how to keep hackers from destroying your digital life?
Speaker 2: Jack, you're gonna hate this.
Speaker 5: You're going to vow probably the moment I get started now, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I'll save you the trouble.
Speaker 5: Cool so and and The Wall Street Journal had a story about this former Disney employee whose life was just destroyed with a single download that he thought was innocent. But this thing not only hacked into his computer, but it managed through means that I don't quite get to hack into his password file his password protector app and published that and all its contents on the internet. And he got fired from his job and all sorts of other stuff.
Speaker 2: But now fired from his job because he made the mistake on company time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on the company computer. Wow wow, And it caused problems for his company.
Speaker 2: I don't know how sloppy it was, but I mean a lot of these would be pretty easy to fall for.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, And again I've read the story. I don't remember precisely how Oh, that's right. He was trying an open source bit of software that he thought would be useful and appeared to be okay, but it wasn't okay. It was a trojan horse, and it went crazy once it got onto his computer. But anyway, they say you got to have two factor authentication for your passwords password manager itself. You can't just go to your password manager and type in your pin or your password or whatever. Then you have to have it text you and say, hey, somebody's trying to open your on the very phone you're using. We can't live like those people. Something needs to be done there, he is, folks right on time. But you're right, you're right. That sounds like an enormous pain in the butt. They say not having two factor authentication. Authentication can make your life easier, but if you're paranoid, make sure it's turned on.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Yeah. I tried that for one day because they added that to my hospital, my medical care app thing that I use, And so I was checking that several times last week for me and my son while we were sick, and doing the two factor every single time. I finally said, screw it. I turned it off.
Speaker 5: M Yeah, here's another one. I don't like. Think twice when a website offers to remember you. Hackers have recently ramped up the theft of what they call session cookies.
Speaker 2: According to the FBI.
Speaker 5: These are files that are stored by your browser and save you the annoyance of logging in every time you need to read a Gmail. Check up on face chook, order another box of your favorite protein bars in my case because they have my stuff memorized, or you know, I have a n Espresso machine for coffee at home, and I got to order the pods and stuff, and yeah, they know me. I just click what I want to order, confirm it's me.
Speaker 2: Zapit he do dah. But they say, don't do that, don't do that with these rules, need to live in the real world.
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna get hacked. The premise of this is you don't want to get hacked. And then the third thing they say is and this was interesting about dude because dude who got hacked, the former Disney employee, really computer savvy, and he had what he thought was a super robust anti viral defender thingy virus projection, that's what they call and it didn't see it. And he downloaded a different one and it saw it immediately. Somebody like me is doomed if this guy can get caught. That is my point. Indeed, you're doomed, we're doomed, we're all doomed. And then finally, because we ran out of time in the segment I remember this Thursday or Friday, we really glossed over Meta and their shorts thing, the shorts videos on your reels tab. They had really wildly inappropriate videos. They need to be described to get the full effect of the story. The videos which were recommended on some users. Reels to have included people who appear to have been shot to death or run over by vehicle. People dead, people being killed, videos of people being shot, mangled by machinery, ejected from theme park rides, off and back to back to back.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god. Yeah, I'm telling you, Katie. Was it you as somebody? Somebody said that they saw some of these on their Instagram feed? Was that you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was, and it was out of.
Speaker 2: Nowhere anything horrifying? Were sexual porn? Like you said.
Speaker 6: One of them was a group of people on a malfunctioning ride that I ended up looking up and they all died.
Speaker 2: So it was totally death video.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of those spinning swinging I don't know what they're called.
Speaker 2: And then what happened on it? They threw them off? Yeah, they come on tethered.
Speaker 5: Well she looked away, Thank god it Jack. The videos originated on pages that the reporter did not follow. This happened to with names such as black people being hurt? What do you get on that site? Shocking Tragedies and people Dying Hub.
Speaker 2: There's a website called people Dying Hub. I suppose there.
Speaker 5: Is, yeah, said an Instagram spokeshole quote, we have fixed an error that caused some users to see content in their Instagram reels feeds that should not have been recommended. We apologize for the mistake. Then they declined to come in on the scale of the issue. But despite that assurance, videos of shootings and accidents dominated a journal reporter's reels feed into late Wednesday night, appearing next to advertisements for law firms, Massage Studios, and e commerce retailer Tamu.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. Are we are we angry at someone over this? Or is this just pointing out that this happened and oh my gosh, that's too.
Speaker 5: Bad, or well, their explanation of how it happened and why it happened is just uber lame. I mean, because I'm sure Zuckerberg wants it less than you do to happen, right, Yeah, I suspect so. But it reminds me of what was Apple's incredibly lame non explanation for something that went sideways the other day that we'd be raised.
Speaker 2: When you look up Trump and you say Trump and it says race, it prints out racist and they call it phonetic overlap. Yeah, yeah, classic case of phonetic overlap two completely unrelated words. Who would be so stupid they'd buy that? Tim? Tim Cook?
Speaker 5: So anyway, just own up to it and Facebook, we've fixed an error that caused some users. Does he content in their Instagram reels fees feeds that should not have been recommended? Well, wait a minute, no, no, it's not like you're showing me opera videos or how to produce a beautiful I don't know roast beef.
Speaker 2: I mean, actually I like beef. But no, you had people being maimed and killed and bloodied. What happened? I'll we fixed it. Air air?
Speaker 5: What kind of air shows me black people being dismembered?
Speaker 2: They did describe that air for me. That's a very Nike similar reaction of like pretending we're too stupid to know that your explanation was a nothing. Right. Here's this guy.
Speaker 5: He was shocked to see graphic videos of people getting shot run over and over on his reels tab Wednesday. I watched ten people die today. He said, it's hard to comprehend that this is what I'm being served. Again, Zuckerberg wants it less than you do right, clean up your acts?
Speaker 2: Lucky and kind of getting to your point about the hacking is you know, Zuckerberg's throwing the very best tech and money he can, making sure nobody can disrupt his reels, and somebody was able to.
Speaker 5: I wonder if it was a disgruntled current or former employee.
Speaker 2: What's messing about. Could be doesn't like his new Zuckerberg's new hair, probably doesn't like him going maga. All right, that's exactly it. You solved the problem. We will feel strong next.
Speaker 7: Trump met with Ukrainian President Volodimir Zelensky yesterday.
Speaker 2: Let's see how it went. You're gambling with millions of people. See you're gambling with World War three. You're gambling with World War three.
Speaker 7: Pretty good, and now thanks to that meeting, now you actually can gamble on World War three.
Speaker 2: On FanDuel so Elon tweeted out that the United States should leave NATO and the UN.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I just think that's interesting, from highly influential advisor to the trumpetdministration and just influential person in general, making a statement that strong about something so important where we are in terms of like navigating the world or what other countries think our actual policy is or what we think our policy is is not like anything that's ever been in my life.
Speaker 5: Right, and even if certain people are correct that we need to totally readjust our worldview and the structure of global security and the rest of it, the transition could be well, birthing the new reality could be a lot like birthing a baby, messy and painful.
Speaker 2: Just a question of how painful. Yeah, and this one not quite as important. Democratic strategist James Carvel gets an awful lot of attention as a very very old man who I think is getting a little nutty. Has revitalized the theory that President Trump has syphilis. He claims has driven Trump mad. James Carvill over the weekend said, and this was a Saturday actually checking my bingo card. Nope, didn't have Trump as syphilis. James Carvill said on a video cast on Saturday that boy ain't right. James Carvill thinks Trump could be suffering from syphilis, which apparently was a story that was going around last year when there was a photo that showed some red spots on Trump's hand, which some say is a sign of syphilis. I don't know that. Wow, Wow, they well, they have a cure for syphilis. Now you get suicida antibotic, right, it's not like it's not like seventeen fifty where it's something you die of.
Speaker 5: I think some resistant strain of syphilis, but I doubt he has it.
Speaker 2: James, thanks for having in though. Admit me chorus to this history. Who prologue like your humble patients.
Speaker 5: Pray gently to hear, kindly to judge the final thoughts of Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: That's the tones of Lensky need to strike right there. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap up the day.
Speaker 5: There is Michaelangelow pressing the buttons. Michael, which final thought?
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna happen soon.
Speaker 7: We are actually gonna see a physical fight between two world leaders on live TV.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that'd be cool. Wow Who Trump and Zelenski? Somebody? I know somebody?
Speaker 5: But oh wow, Hei So, I'd pay you a dollar to see that. Katie Green are esteemed to use woman as a final thought.
Speaker 6: Katie So, I watched a couple of clips from this inside North Korea after five years of isolation.
Speaker 2: You have to see this.
Speaker 6: I put it on our hot lengths today at Arfryangetty dot com.
Speaker 2: It's really incredible. Yeah, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can't wait to see that Jack of Final thought, why is.
Speaker 2: Watching a bad movie so painful? I guess because if you're in the theater, you're probably not gonna get up and leave you're so invested. Whereas at home you just say are you digging this to somebody and you might turn it off. But it just seemed like such a life suck to watch Captain America, Like two hours I'll never get back in my life.
Speaker 5: Well, exactly, You've donated some of your life hoping to gain pleasure and relaxation from it.
Speaker 2: Instead you get boredom an annoyance. That's no good.
Speaker 5: My final thought I guess is the spicy times get spicier. If the next fifty years are geopolitical tumult in war, it would not shock me.
Speaker 2: I hope not. But it's starting to feel that way. I think that's the most likely. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 5: The war I can take, but the tumult too much. So many people thanks so a little time. Go to Armstrong and Geeddy dot com. The hot links including that fabulous North Korea video or documentary. Drop his note mail bag at Armstrong in getty dot com. Pick up some swag. I am sporting as we speak, the Ange hoodie.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and Getty. I will not sugarcoat this. This is a disappointing day for us.
Speaker 5: I expected more the ketchup of journalism with the mustard of undercover work, but there's no freaking burger.
Speaker 2: This is insane. So I'm going to get some cheeks after this one.
Speaker 4: Really, but you have to pay attention to the cries that people have.
Speaker 2: What now, I haven't said a word, so stop yelling at me. Okay, thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty