Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: This is that could happen.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the r presidential debate starring Donald Trump and Joe Biden, which was by far the worst presidential debate I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 4: There's no competition.
Speaker 3: There's no competition like I remember the days when we laughed at George W. Bush sucking up ed a debate. He would he would clean up with these guys. He would be sashing across the floor.
Speaker 5: You could drop Sarah Palin in here, yeah, and shew them.
Speaker 3: Sarah Palin comes out of us looking like Bob fucking Hope.
Speaker 2: So I'm Garrison Davis, I'm joined by Robert Evans and James Stout. Let's uh, let's get into it. I guess who do you think, quote unquote won the debate?
Speaker 5: I can tell you who fucking lost. Garrisons all of us.
Speaker 4: I mean, I will.
Speaker 3: I'll go into this later. I'm not sure it matters, but if the debate matters, Trump won totally. If the debate matters, Trump won.
Speaker 2: You know that was my same thought as well. He definitely was a much better debater and had much better like political rhetoric. He could form complete sentences which is something you could not say of Joe Biden, and that's not that's not hyperbole.
Speaker 3: I actually argue with the first two thirds of your analysis there, because I don't think in argument terms, if we're looking at this as a debate, Trump repeated, like if I were scoring this the way you would competition. Trump repeatedly followed Biden on these like Biden would goad him with shit like what he said, what Trump said after charlott'svilleer all like Trump's height and him lying about fucking golf scores, and Trump always took the bait. Why I think Trump won is that this is not going to get consumed as a debate. People aren't going to look at this and like, look at the whole sweep of how they both shre which Biden would still very likely lose, but it's less clear this is gonna get cut up a million ways on TikTok, and it's Trump's just got a lot more AMMO out of this fucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The very first thing I noticed is that both of them looked barely awake as he went on screen. And so I did get a debate bingo, I almost got two, I almost got three. I was very proud of that. I guess I don't know. We can we can go over some of some of what some of what they talked about, because yeah, why not.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hate? Do you want to hate Jill Biden's review? Just just get that out of the way real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did he get Jill?
Speaker 5: Give it Jill, Judge, Jill, doctor, Jill Biden. Such a great job. You answered every question.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, that's amazing stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he did, answered coherently not so much.
Speaker 2: We uh, we had we had an inject bleach reference from Biden very early on.
Speaker 4: And that was that was one of his better ploys.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately followed it up by mumble incoherently for like forty seconds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, but I was glad to hear it dropped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was well pred he just did not he executed.
Speaker 3: Look here's what I'll say. I've said this about Joe for a while. If you were looking at this man, not as the president, but as like a relative, you would say, well, he's doing you know, uncle Joe's doing okay for eighty two, you know, like he's so most he's eighty six. If he'll be eighty six if he does a second term at the end of it. But like if he were a regular person, you would say, uncle, Joe's doing okay for eighty two, Maybe we should take the keys.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Maybe he doesn't need he doesn't need to be in a home. You know, that would not be the right call at this moment. But maybe he shouldn't have he shouldn't be driving, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So one of the smart things I think Trump did very early on is that he attacked the vaccine mandate but not the vaccine. Yeah, that was one of the more subtle moves that he did that I think he pulled off very well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe just gave it up.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the record trends with Trump is that he really loved to call the United States a third world nation and say we are now an uncivilized nation. That was That was like one of the many things Trump kept going back to because he Trump really did just have like five things he just kept talking about over and over and over again. He mostly ignored the actual questions from moderators. The moderators themselves did a really bad job both the questions they had and also like actually controlling controlling the candidates and keep and keeping them on topic. But in general, I think the questions that they did were just kind of bizarre. Thirdal nation was a very common refrain from Trump.
Speaker 5: And one thing that like Trump, Trump did badly more than Biden, or like you can see how Biden's team prepped him on it and then he screwed the boots on it. But like Biden would say these things that he knew would trigger Trump, like his weight and his height, right or yeah, the very good people on both sides and Trump completely felt for that hootline thing.
Speaker 3: You can tell Trump has been obsessing over the little things that people say about, like how he treated handled stuff like the alt right and whatnot. Like he's very angry about some of that, which is interesting to me because it wasn't the smart move. The smart move was like, as Garret noted, Trump very I think intelligently pivoted on the vaccine issue to like still being able to take credit for it with some audiences while also making clear that his issue was the mandates. Whenever Trump was on the economy, I think, even though I don't agree that he was the better president for the economy, I think that he performed strongly on stage. He spent a lot of time in the weeds. If we're going to use golf metaphors, he kept like knocking shit into the sand dunes and having to like.
Speaker 5: Thank you for raising golf from it.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Because this had the longest golf digression of any presidential lookit of everything.
Speaker 2: He had like a two minute argument over whether they could play golf against each other and who would.
Speaker 5: Win and whose handicap was what in the eighties.
Speaker 3: What I saw in this is you've got two men who are not at are past their prime. And the reason why this in large part went Trump's way is that Biden has never been a good public speaker. That has never been his strength. He has a speech impediment, right that he worked and got over much of his career, but when you are older, you have less control over everything, and we can see it coming back, right. There's no there ought not be any shame in that. But also it does affect the way people think. This is a horrible country full of terrible people. People do not forgive a speech impediment, right. But more to the point, the thing that Biden is showing his age in most all, as we all do. It's the shit that we're bad at. We get a lot worse at, right, And you can kind of hide how much you've aged when you're doing something that is clearly your talent. You know, my grandpa near the you know, fairly late in his Parkinson's journey, could still like gut and clean and catch a fish really well. It wasn't until pretty advanced that he lost that ability, and it was almost like you could see some of that skill returned to him. And like Trump is a talker, Trump is a charismatic guy. He is good at working a crowd. You can tell he is falling off in his inability to the fact that he keeps falling for all of these very obvious traps Joe Biley and he spent a lot of time in the weeds, but he still sounds a lot stronger. And this is entirely a contest of who can look best on camera, right, And yeah, it's of course Trump's going to win.
Speaker 2: I think the first really big topic that they that they started to argue back and forth on was abortion. It started by Trump saying that he is pro the abortion pill, and he's pro the Supreme Court's recent rule leg which he kind of mischaracterized, but that's still he's anything coming from Trump saying that he's he's okay with the with the abortion pill.
Speaker 3: He even brought up being okay with a nine month abortion if it's for the life of the mother, which was interesting to me.
Speaker 2: But then they spent a long time arguing over whether Roe v. Wade means that you can kill babies after exactly.
Speaker 3: Yes, right birth, And that was that was a that was an interesting I don't think that that interaction. I don't know how much it's gonna matter, but it didn't come off well for Trump because.
Speaker 2: He he didn't come off well for Trump. That was I think this is one of the few things he did not do well in of course, you know, Biden has done very little to secure reproductive rights as as the current president. We all we all know this, but this did not come off well for Trump. They were basically just arguing back and forth over whether Biden wants to kill baby's post birth, which is just a ridiculous thing to to argue.
Speaker 3: It was a shameful chain of arguments, right YEA. George Bush would have insinuated the same thing but done it in a way. But that left everyone feeling less gross, and that's why he did so many terrible things. It's just interesting that we've stripped so much of the shellac off of it and now they are just because in George W. Bush's day, we were still the Republicans, were still calling Democrats baby killers. There was just it's interesting how much of the sheen is gone. Maybe a little more class, yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe maybe it's not all bad that we're not pretending anymore, right, Like, there's no pretending on this stage.
Speaker 4: Both men are clearly not doing well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the system itself is not pretending, right Like, we just got a couple of fucking Egypts and what we do, We'm stole one of them.
Speaker 2: Like something I will never pretend to do is is dislike our products and services that support this podcast. I love them. I would never pretend otherwise. So go listen to these ads.
Speaker 5: Okay we are back, Yeah, yeah, still here we are.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I feel good. I feel good about America today.
Speaker 2: You think so, you think the right direction?
Speaker 4: You know, it's not that.
Speaker 3: We're heading in the right direction. We've never been heading in a very good direction. The driver has always been drunk, right and Finally, forty five minutes into the drive, he just was like, look, man, I'm not doing great right now, and I'm not gonna get this car back home unless you bust open the center console where I keep a handle of bourbon. And you're scared of the driver because he has a gun and you don't know what he'll do with it. You're not even sure if he can really see you in anyway. That's how it feels to watch the selection.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about immigration, one of the other main main topics in this debate.
Speaker 4: And that went bad for Biden.
Speaker 2: Trump had a fantastic line saying Border Patrol endorsed me for president, but I won't say that, which is amazing stuff.
Speaker 4: They both claimed border Patrol endorsed them too. Yeah, the Border.
Speaker 5: Patrol itself doesn't make endorsements, right, but the Border Patrol Union, which is worth the worst accounts on Twitter, did clarify that they endorsed Trump.
Speaker 2: So there was a lot of bad stuff with abortion. I mean, James, did you do any thoughts overall in the abortion discourse.
Speaker 5: The debate, the immigration discourse. Yes, Wow, that was a real Biden moment for you. Gar Garrison, Yeah, Garrison Davis elderly members of podcast.
Speaker 4: Somebody get Garrison as pet pills?
Speaker 2: I wish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're they're fog in the air and Atlanta tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, the discourse over aboard Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: They're bringing abortions with him, Garrison, don't worry, there's okay, there's a.
Speaker 3: Pretty great Onion headline report. Oh they're about to talk about black people.
Speaker 5: Oh god, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Another fine moment of this debate, the fucking black job saying yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. Circu immigration and talking immigration right, just real quick, Donald Trump kept throwing out this eighteen million number.
Speaker 5: Fuck knows where that comes from. Yeah, that was just all the numbers, like fully from the rectum to the debate stage. But look, boy, patrol have reported nine point six encounters. I've beaten this horse to death. But encounter does not represent a unique vidual. Right, people go and come back when when they get deported back, very common both of them, like, like, the what I actually want to focus on is the way that Jake Tappa framed that question, because it was fucking atrocious, right like it. He didn't frame it in a way in which either of them, if they had wanted to, could offer a reasonable compassionate stance and immigration right. It was positive as a terrible thing. And yeah you Foxy in and next time you come dming me asking me.
Speaker 3: The scummy scummy shit, Yeah, it was for the For the record, Jake Tapper should be hit in the head with a with a I don't know, truck or something.
Speaker 2: But podcaster Robert Evans threatens violence against CNN anchor Jake Taper.
Speaker 3: In a way he supported violence against me, So I think I have that right with Jake.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 3: He's he's a dog shit journalist. And this was the worst moderated debate because Trump is just lying. Everything he says is absolutely full of shit. And half of the ship that Biden says, it's hard to tell what he was even trying to say, and there was no tempt to make it. They they treated this like Werner Herzog would have filmed it, right, But they're too Herzog would have done this way because like, my job is not.
Speaker 4: To interfere here.
Speaker 3: My job is to let this unfold, right, I don't need now. Herzog would interfere if that would have made it a better story. But he loves artists. These people are journalists. Yeah, these people are journalists, and your job was to attempt to both hold them accountable to some standard of reality and also to attempt to present this in a way that's intelligible, right, and you failed on both accounts. You did bad jobs as journalists.
Speaker 2: I think for me, the best and worst line of the debate in terms of like, oh wow, we're really in it is is Trump saying that migrants are taking black jobs, which is one of the most loaded statements I've ever heard, because, for one, you know, it's weird on like the migrant thing, be like that, that's really your black jobs?
Speaker 5: What is a black yet?
Speaker 2: What do you think he's implying there?
Speaker 5: I think we know what he's there.
Speaker 4: He's implying farm work.
Speaker 2: He's talking about like working in the fields.
Speaker 3: Low skilled jobs is what he is talking about. Yes, that's how he sees this. But what I where I think that came from. My suspicion is that because the Trump campaign is still consistently extremely weak with black voters, right, they've actually made a lot of inroads with Hispanic voters. Trump in this debate, Yeah, they are still based on all of the polling I've seen, they're about as bad with black voters as they weren't twenty twenty. That really has not moved. What you have seen on that is not really based in much of the way of evidence, at least in terms of what polling can show us. They know this is a weakness, and it's one that they see as a significant strategic weakness. So at some point Trump had a meeting with his campaign prep staff and one of the things they wrote on a billboard is they were spitball ideas to get black voters was migrants taking black jobs question mark, and that stayed in Trump's head totally. They had a million better ways to phrase it, but when the moment came up, that's how he fucking ran.
Speaker 2: That is no guarantee you exactly what happened. It just yes, totally. It also displays a somehow extremely anti immigrant and extremely racist at all the same time coming remarkable directions. It's quite something. One of another another great line was human trafficking in women and just another another wonder.
Speaker 4: Human trafficking in women. I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that women do make the human list though, like that feels like progress.
Speaker 4: Garrison, we did it, Joe.
Speaker 2: Anything else on the immigration front. I mean, it was as bad as we would expect. Honestly, I thought that would try to go further on the right on immigration than what he ended up doing. Not saying he did well on immigration, but I expected I picked Biden to kind of to kind of push a little a little bit more.
Speaker 3: He's not comfortable with it, clearly because he made he got so much of his win on highlighting the obvious inhumanity of Trump's border policy, and he obviously has adopted a policy that's very similar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he tried to hit him on the separation of families. Families are still fucking separated, Like I've literally seen that this week.
Speaker 3: Well, I just don't think he's I don't think he's comfortable fighting Trump on this because I don't really think he has a great feeling about their their where they're separate on the matter, right, So he's not comfortable with that line of argument the way he is. Like Biden's best moment was attacking him for like being shitty to dead soldiers, and I was shocked that Trump followed him on that. Fucking they talked about that. So it was a huge It was as big as the economy they talked about.
Speaker 2: Like veterans for so long and just like weird circles. That that was an interesting one. A few other just fun lines that were thrown in, Biden calling them the Paris Piece accords, very cool.
Speaker 4: Funny stuff.
Speaker 2: Biden's saying that Trump has the mortals of an alley cat. That's a great line.
Speaker 4: That was a good line. That's a great that was That was again, this was number one.
Speaker 3: He didn't slur any of us where I'm not saying that to be shitty, but it affects his performance. He was very clear in the leanup of like these are the he's a bad person, which he is. That's a strong thing to hit him on. And I hope again we'll talk more about like will this matter, but I hope strategically what the dims realizes that like that is a thing to keep hitting him on because it actually matters in terms of like how voters think of the guys. It's it's a way to actually hurt Trump because he is a really obviously shitty person.
Speaker 2: One other thing Trump did in terms of you know this whole black jobs thing is Trump did hammer Biden on super predators.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was interesting to say.
Speaker 2: I feel like Trump actually did a did an okay job. They're it's not me endorsing Trump's behavior, but this is this is He's like that was that was a good move for him?
Speaker 4: Is an interesting one too.
Speaker 3: I was kind of surprised that he he went for it, because that's like, yeah, that was surprising.
Speaker 2: Do you know what isn't surprising, Robert?
Speaker 3: How much we love the sponsors of this podcast?
Speaker 4: Who are you know?
Speaker 3: I often think of the president as like a father, you know, or like my father during different times.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Trump is like my father that time he brought a home the movie Event Horizon, thinking it would be like a fun little science fiction rop and Biden is like my dad when he's snuck in the South Park movie, but he had not gotten the right language version, so we couldn't actually watch it. Right, They're all they're different eras of everyone's dad. I don't know these sponsors are our father. Anyway, We're back.
Speaker 2: So one thing that I'm looking forward to is that if Trump does get elected, he will settle the Ukraine War as president elect. So that's great news for all of us. I'm excited before he's even inaugurated. That down that was really.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, it's interesting to see him kind of adopt the whole Ukraine has cooked. They've lost all of their young men line. That's not a great thing to hear in terms of like, it's exactly what Putin wants, it's exactly what Russia wants. It's not accurate to like what we've actually seen on the ground, which is another Russian defensive completely stall out, despite what was supposed to be like an overwhelming advantage in theater and artillery. But I don't think it matters. I don't think that shit's going to move the election.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: I could bitch about like US policy in Eastern Europe, but nobody votes based on that. I do, but nobody else does right like and I barely do.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 3: It's it's just not It's not a needle mover in the same way that fucking inflation or the economy or crime or the border is.
Speaker 2: I mean, Trump was harping on it because he's just trying to blame all of these new conflicts on Biden, being like, all these things happened since Biden was president. If I was president, this wouldn't have happened, you know, Magically right, And that's that's a very easy move for Trump is to bring up all of the bad things that have happened since Biden's took office and say this is Biden's fault. We have that with Ukraine, they talked they talked about Ukraine for like a really.
Speaker 4: It was a shocking amount of the debate.
Speaker 2: A decent a decent amount of the time, like way way longer than they talked about Israel and Palestine, which is kind of surprising to me. Now I can understand how both them would want to just avoid talking about that, but I'm surprised, like the moderators like, let that happen. I guess I.
Speaker 3: Don't think, I mean the monitors, moderators let everything happen. I think I've put who I am surprised about was Trump because he kept going back to Ukraine, which is not a strong issue for him. Now Israel Palestine really isn't either. Most Americans don't like what Israel is doing. There's even a lot of question about that on the Republican side. So his choices are either be all fucking genocide about it and alienate a lot of moderates, or kind of hedge it and just try to attack Biden for his performance, which is what he did.
Speaker 2: Which is which is what he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't do much of it compared to getting drawn again and again into arguments over NATO. I was really surprised that he kept following Joe back to fucking NATO.
Speaker 4: It was really weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a bizarre choice for him, like when he had a million other places his Trump's response on Palestine, I want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was bleak.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that was one of the worst moments in this country's entire history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that reready set a new loave for me.
Speaker 3: And we've got like, what eight seven to eight genocide, So, you know, pretty bad moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a country built on genocide. That that one. That one was pretty pretty bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So basically Trump was harping on Biden for not being pro genocide enough and said something that I really never I did not see coming. He said that that Biden has become like a Palestinian, A bad Palestinian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bad Palestinian because he doesn't do bad enough things.
Speaker 4: What was that? What was the exact line that followed that?
Speaker 2: So Trump says, quote, He's become like a Palestinian, but a bad Palestinian because they don't like him very much.
Speaker 4: There you go, thank you. We needed the whole thought.
Speaker 2: He's a weak one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Palestinians don't like him, and I hate the Palestinians, but you should be liked by your own pep. I'm trying to put together the logic here.
Speaker 2: It was. It was really bad. But like basically using Palestinian as an insult to Biden, you know, that's not great. Trump also had a lie how quote the Palestinians and everyone are rioting right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I assume who was he?
Speaker 2: I think he's referring to the campus protests, just calling everyone at those protests Palestinians, which is a really interesting, like political move.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, and a dangerous one potentially.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we knock on wood whenever we may have wood.
Speaker 4: That's a good Trump line. That's a good Trump line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And James James was giving him ship for that earlier. But this is this is you and your Ivory tower. A lot of people don't have wood. You know, Ben Shapiro could only afford one board.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ben Cheroney got wood once. Yeah, that's exactly right, you know, small amount of wood at that he was lucky enough to find it.
Speaker 4: We can't all.
Speaker 5: And he put his wood in a little bag.
Speaker 2: So this was a This was a bit on healthcare, right or is about a garrison?
Speaker 3: Well he was yeah, he was talking about being healthy and he was like, yeah, I'm still healthy. You know, knock on wood. We all knock on wood where we find wood.
Speaker 4: Or something like that.
Speaker 5: But he was being we have wood.
Speaker 3: He was kind of trying to Actually, this may be a little bit of like a fuck up by him because he was hitting Biden pretty successfully in Biden's age, But then he dropped a line so baffling that it was like it focused tradition where I was like, what do you mean by this?
Speaker 2: They were talking about Yeah, they're talking about being in good health and that's and that's where they got into the little golf argument and weight, who would who would? Who would play golf better? And yeah, if if Trump could carry his own golf clubs. A really good line was we bought a certain dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that was Yeah, we bought a certain dog. You wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: Can sniff.
Speaker 3: And then he just kept talking about machines that could sniff Thinn talking.
Speaker 5: About these these machines that they have to suppose to detect fens and on the border, which they've spent millions of dollars on. But they've been doing this since a Trump administration, Like this is not a new thing. It was in his border bill. But there's nothing compacked to we we bought a certain dog.
Speaker 3: Oh god, have you guys seen the dark Brandon's secret sauce.
Speaker 2: Robert share this immediately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've just shed He's lost Jeff heedrig which.
Speaker 3: Is there's a there's a post that Joe made right before the debate would have started that I'm just gonna send it to the chat while I describe it to the listener. It's Joe with like a can in his hand and it's a can.
Speaker 2: Dot com slash home.
Speaker 4: Hea, I'm on the Joe Bison water. No, so he's got he's got a can of this.
Speaker 3: It's like a water and a beer can and it's called zero Malarkey Biden, and it's got a dark branded image with the laser eyes. Get real, Jack, it's just water. And then Biden's actual teak says, I don't know what they have got these performance and answers. But I'm feeling pretty jacked up for yourself, folks. And for four dollars and sixty cents you can get a looks like one can of Biden water. The se I'm on the website now. The secret to a good debate performance staying hydrated, same performance and answers Joe Biden took before going on stage.
Speaker 5: We need to get well. Just get a company on this, guys. I'm gonna get wrecked.
Speaker 4: Because he looked fucked up.
Speaker 5: I've got some experience with performance, you know, hunting to device drug users in my in my career.
Speaker 3: This is if any I miss having a good GHB hookup, you know, this would be hurt that. I feel like that would get me on Joe's level, right.
Speaker 5: I think only a brain injury could get you on Joe's level right now.
Speaker 4: That's why I brought up GHB.
Speaker 2: The last time I want to discuss in terms of what was talking about at the debate is January sixth, and Trump kind of tried to avoid the question over whether he would concede the election, saying that he would only if it was a fair election.
Speaker 4: Only if it was a fair election.
Speaker 2: But Trump's line on January sixth. Let me tell you about January sixth. We had great borders on January.
Speaker 4: Sixth, oh that whole speed.
Speaker 2: We had a great economy on January sixth.
Speaker 5: It is very funny. I should post some pictures I took. I took them just after January sixth. I took in the week of Biden's election of the border wall, just stopping in random places, like where they got to a certain level of construction and just stopped like we.
Speaker 2: I found Trump's direction here kind of interesting. He tried to kind of really avoid talking about his own opinions on the actual capital insurrection. His very first reaction was to say, no, well, the rest of the country was doing so much better because I was the president. The moderators kind of forced him to talk a little bit about it, but he really avoided it as much as he could, which is, you know, he doesn't want to alienate his base. He also doesn't want to like, uh, you know, be too pro j six and scare away like independence, So he was really skirting that line. It's just weird because moderators were so much stronger on this question during the debate primaries for the GOP. Yeah, which which Trump wasn't even present for. They really harped on this here and on this. They did not care at all. They really they really did not push pushed Trump on on J six whatsoever. And it was it was kind of pathetic.
Speaker 5: Yep, yeah, no, no, it was. It was. It was terrible. Like the moderators could well, they didn't moderate at all. They just asked some questions and then let it fucking rip.
Speaker 2: I think let's just move on to finally talking about like the debate in general. I think the GOP will probably be pretty happy with Trump's performance here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did what he needed to.
Speaker 2: They're gonna call us a dub. I think the Democrats are probably kind of scrambling right now, trying to figure out what the next move is.
Speaker 3: I hope it's possible for someone to be like we got time. Throw Pritzkerrin, throw fucking wit Marin. You know either of them, right, I honestly, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know Robert, this is this is how Berdie can still win.
Speaker 4: I know he's too fucking old.
Speaker 3: I don't I will say I think he probably, based on the last time I saw him speak, I think he probably would have done better than Joe did in this, but not if he had a cold, right, Like, that's the thing. I believe Joe has a cold, and that that's why he sounded like shit. But you know what, a strong young person with a cold could pull it together for an hour he write down.
Speaker 4: That's he could lock down.
Speaker 3: This is we shouldn't have to explain, like, it's not I don't give a shit. Old people shouldn't be the fucking president.
Speaker 4: They shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Old people should not be the fucking president passed the past. The point at which I feel like if somebody, like if I was if we were helping you move and I was like carrying something heavy and I turned around, I slapped in the face with like a board or something or a piece of furniture. If I have to be worried that your skull is gonna crack, you shouldn't be the fucking president. You should be able to like I should feel confident that you can jumpstart a car without blowing up my battery, you know, Like I don't feel that for either of these men.
Speaker 4: They both look unwell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you let these people go into supermarket, they would be lost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's not good. It's so.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people make jokes about this, right, people love joking about how old they are. How and coher. I was shocked. I was shocked at how bad Biden did this debate.
Speaker 4: He looked so bad. He looked so bad.
Speaker 2: It was one of his worst public speaking outings. Horrible, like in a long time.
Speaker 3: Look like, yeah, I am not competent to diagnose shit, but I lived with my grandfather for the last ten years as he died of Parkinson's, and it's there's a shuffle you get to recognize, right Like, I don't know if it's Parkinson's, but he's not a well old man's sick old man, and he shouldn't be president.
Speaker 2: There is there is a reason I put candidate collapses on stage on my Bingo card, which we did not get, but we sure got close.
Speaker 4: We got close, very close.
Speaker 2: I filled out almost all my Bingo card, it was and I did not pick easy ones too. You can you can check me on this. You can check you can check the card on Twitter. And I yeah, I was, I was, uh, just I just felt really bad.
Speaker 4: I feel terrible.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask half that debate gear, how do you feel about getting your citizenship? You jazzed, Well, this is a great this is a great proud time, proud time to become an American.
Speaker 2: It is better than it's better than it's better than only having a green card.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, I can tell you it's just someone who recent the upgrading to American status. It is at least it's a little bit less concerning with the ship that Trump is saying. Yeah, and old Biden didn't.
Speaker 2: Well any any final thoughts.
Speaker 3: I hope Gavin Newsome doesn't pull out a way to become the president. I don't want him to be the president.
Speaker 2: He is going to be. My prediction is he will be the twenty twenty eight nominee. He's a very good chance, really hard. It's between the smart option based on where we stand now. For now war for twenty twenty eight is Pritzker. I think Whitmer would also be a great pick. Pritzker is really good with conservatives, and he's really good with conservatives without like folding completely on shit, Whereas Whittmer has some weakness just because of how much time has been directed in attacking her over like the COVID twenty twenty shit. But either of them I think are strong candidates. Who are a lot better than Gavin Newsom. But you are right, he's going to be a strong candidate in twenty twenty eight. Well, I think that does it for me, at least here on It could happen here.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk real briefly. Do we think that debate matters? Do we think that this is a thing that is going to turn an election? I think can.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it actually does. I think I think this could actually hurt some voter enthusiasm. I think people who are maybe looking at Biden being like, yeah, probably if he keeps performing like this, people might just not vote for him. I'm not they probably maybe some of them might move over to Trump if they're like weird, like independence, many of them just might not vote at all. Like I think if if Biden shows that he is just kind of a bumbling, in like incompetent old man, that's not gonna help an already kind of dire situation in terms of voter enthusiasm and possible voter turnout. So yeah, I think this actually does have a decent chance to hurt Biden. I don't think the debates will necessarily hurt Trump. I don't. I don't think will necessarily help Trump, like majorly, but I think they can subtract support away from Biden.
Speaker 3: See that's where and I don't I don't have a strong feeling on which way this is going to land either, you know, in either case. But some of the data we're seeing, particularly how well Trump performs relative to Biden on voter who are like not sure they're going to vote, right, I think this might be the first election where a higher turnout would be bad for Biden.
Speaker 4: But I also don't know.
Speaker 3: I think if any if this depresses, I think you are right that if this depresses turnout, it's going to be worse. It's going to be Biden turnout, right, Although I mean, yeah, I just don't know. I feel just like I don't want to do the easy thing would be to just like pick a lane and stay in it. And but I if it comes to my honest opinion, I still have no fucking clue how this is going to go. Because at no point has this been election been about do you think Joe Biden will be a good president. It's been about are you scared of Donald Trump?
Speaker 4: Right? I don't know that you're less scared.
Speaker 3: I think the worry for Biden is that people are now more scared that he is going to sleepwalk his way through a nuclear war as opposed to Trump at least being lucid for it. But I just don't know how that's going to actually shake out in the long run.
Speaker 2: God bless the USA.
Speaker 4: We do and great, good conventions are gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stay tuned.
Speaker 4: He could be dead in a week.
Speaker 2: That really is like the wild car that he could be dead tonight on the back of my brain all the time is like either one of these guys, especially Biden could just like not exist tomorrow, like he could. He could just he could have He could get a little too stressed out and just kind of fall over.
Speaker 5: I mean, they could meaningfully make the argument tomorrow that like that's been a significant decline in his health and he is not physically capable of being president because that's what we saw, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't. He looks bad like.
Speaker 2: If he was. I don't think they will.
Speaker 3: If the things, whatever things you consider worst and for me with Biden it's it's the border in Palestine. But if whatever things you consider worst about Biden weren't a thing, I would purely be like for this man's health and safety. Get him out of this job, get him somewhere comfortable, let him enjoy his final years. Don't make him do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, it's good, It's not right. Fuck.
Speaker 5: Part of me wants to read this Jeff ted Rich tweet to finish at a.
Speaker 3: Certain point, we're all complicit in elder abuse. But I guess they but we are for both of them. Yeah, like in certain ways, In some ways, the American system is pushing these two sick old men towards the disastrous.
Speaker 2: That's also why I can't trust anything they say on social Security, because they clearly have a vested interest.
Speaker 4: I can't see.
Speaker 5: I will say, we saw the president of Olivia face down a coup yesterday. I think that that would not be possible for either of these men in.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to go cry and go to sleep.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's bad. That's good.
Speaker 5: Make some friends, guys.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep drinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do a little mutual aid.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm gonna buy some of the Biden water with company money.
Speaker 1: It could happen here as a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website. Coolzonemedia dot com or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts, you can find sources for It could happen here, Updated monthly at coolzonemedia dot com slash sources. Thanks for listening.