Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Egg prices breaking records and set to soar even higher as restaurants and grocery stores are forced to pay more to get eggs because of bird flood growing across the US. It also comes as the famous breakfast chain waffle House announce still charge an extra fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Per egg until egg price is ease.
Speaker 1: The breathless coverage of the rising price of eggs is interesting. I mean, I'm not to downplay inflation, which we did not, but that was everything was going up, and you'd use eggs and bacon or whatever as an example. But everything is going up. But since it's just eggs, if I'm struggling, I just stop eggs. I don't need that many eggs. I could go a whole month without eating eggs, and pretty you enjoy the humble eggs certainly, Yeah, I like eggs, but I don't need it. Eggs now so expensive a family of four, it could be. Well, then don't eat eggs, eat something else until they come down.
Speaker 2: Half as many. It is.
Speaker 1: It is kind of funny, although the price increase is shocking. If that's a regular part of your diet, no doubt, a lot of good stuff to get to today. Perhaps you're thinking A and G. What's the latest down that whole crazy Gaza proposal. We have some excellent, really interesting perspectives on it.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: There's nobody who thinks the one hundred and first Airborne has head to Gaza anytime soon or ever, frankly, but it's absolutely worth discussing. Also, the doge boys are are ruffling feathers and whipping up angs to but more importantly, cutting budgets and uncovering all sorts of crap that we really ought to know. Unelected bureaucrat wanna be kings gutting the government. Wow, you people screaming at you're running a up that up the flagpole and nobody is saluting. So we'll talk about that more later on the hour and later on in the show. For show speaking of saluting things, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Fabulous News Talk fourteen hundred WJMX, the PD's best place for talk. Reference to the PD region of South Carolina named after the river, which is named after a Native American tribe. Anyway, glad to be a board with you, good folks, and hope you're enjoying the show, and thanks for having us on. We broadcast on that station and land stolen from the somebody.
Speaker 2: People now shut up.
Speaker 1: So speaking of consumer issues as we were a moment ago, and we didn't want to go super heavy politics this segment, because my god, the.
Speaker 2: Fire hose of.
Speaker 1: Announcements and policies and executive orders and all coming out of the Trump administration is mostly great. Guy cornered me in the lunch roomya Stane said he thinks it's a strategy. It's to cover up some of the really ones he wants to do because nobody has time to talk about everything. I don't know if it's a strategy. It's certainly playing out that way. But I mean, it's not as if he had to invent a bunch of things that he and his administration wanted to do.
Speaker 2: What else I've only got two goals.
Speaker 1: We need to invent a bunch more to give a smoke screen for these secretive No, I don't think it's like that at all. It's whether it's intentional or not. That is the way it's playing out. But anyway, one of the things that they're looking to do is impose additional tariffs on China, which I'm sure you've heard about, but one thing that might actually hit consumers, especially folks like my partner Jack here, who is really into fast fashion. I mean really into the hottest fashion this week. He's got to be wearing it by Thursday. Do you know Shine and Tamuth. They are these Chinese fashion outlets that sell zillions of dollars worth of fast fashion at very very very low prices to Americans, particularly the women's Anyway, they are absolutely the beneficiaries of a law known as the Deminimus Exception to tariffs, which meant until twenty sixteen, if you're shipping less than two hundred dollars directly to an American household, you didn't have to worry about the tariffs in reporting and stuff like that. Well, Congress for whatever reason raised that number to eight hundred dollars in twenty sixteen, and the Chinese economy has gone wild fulfilling our needs for super cheap Chinese crap really really fast, and they don't have to pay tariffs on it, but it's become an enormous amount of goods and potential tariff revenue lost. In twenty twenty three, there were six hundred and thirty seven million of these shipments, six hundred and thirty seven million the next year, last year, one.
Speaker 2: Point three billion.
Speaker 1: It means mortan doubled in a year and the amount of money is again breathtaking. So the Trump administration is trying to claw back that whole demnimus thing. So order your what Cardi B Was learning wearing last week as quickly as you can. Different story particular interest to the folks in LA and those who just depend on the government to save their hide. In Altadena, California, where most of the deaths from the terrible wildfires occurred, half of the city got the warnings that fire was sweeping down upon their homes, and half didn't. You're on the west side of Lake Street, you did not get the alerts. You're on the east side, you got the alerts. Nobody's quite sure why they had multiple overlapping systems and everything failed.
Speaker 2: Just shocking.
Speaker 1: If you want to learn more about it, The Wall Street Journal has some really good coverage on that today. But it's it's crazy and it's scary. So many people who were a few blocks away. I mean literally, it's a five minute walk from where people were getting text alerts, phone alerts, you know, to do everything that is built by the government to alert people that there's a cataclysm. They were getting it three blocks away over there. People were going to bed at night thinking glad, it's not so bad because we haven't heard anything.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, it's crazy, and they're trying to figure out why. Of course, moving along, you to think I'm making this up, and I wish I were clever enough to be making this up. The murder of a US border patrol agent near the Canadian border appears to be linked to a radical leftist trans militant cult accused of killings across the country.
Speaker 2: Now you're using trans is in like transnational or trans is in different tansexual.
Speaker 1: Broka, Yeah, yeah, the case of the radical Zizian Vegan transgender cult. Around a week before the January twenty attack on this poor border patroller agent, God bless him, a young man with his life in front of the federal law enforcement, had been surveilling German national Felix Ophelia Bachhault and University of Washington student Teresa Milo Consuelo Young Blitt. Staff at a Vermont hotel alerted authorities about seeing the duo with a firearm and black tactical clothing. Law enforcement visited them, then they trailed them. They opened fire on the border patrol people and killed a young man. Crazy terrible, Yeah, yeah, But authorities now say the guns used by these two loser nut jobs scumbags are owned by a person of interest in other murders and connected to a mysterious cult of transgender quote unquote geniuses who follow a trans leader named Jack Lesotto, also known by the alias Ziz.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, this guy's.
Speaker 1: An a ward winning youth math genius from Freiburg, Germany.
Speaker 2: Who later graduated from university in Canada. Wow, a cult.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We used to say semi regularly on the show that they're inventing a new brand of crazy every day. This is really crazy crazy, and it's you know, it is worth noting, For instance, I mentioned earlier that fifteen percent of federal inmates in women's prisons are dudes. Fifteen percent because under the Biden administration, all you have to do is say, I'm a chick and okay, I guess you got to go to the women's prison. So fifteen percent are our dudes who quote unquote claim to be women. And those guys I just think are self interested and smart. I'd rather be in the women's prison too. Number one is a straight guy. It'd be nice to be around gals. Number two, I'm much more likely to survive anyway. But apart from those people, if you are a dude presenting as a woman and living like that and calling yourself a name and insisting on some bizarre pronouns, you're a disturbed person. And you see a lot of the militant trans people just screeching, spit flying out of their mouths, attacking any woman who thinks locker rooms how to not have dudes in them. You're dealing with a pretty disturbed population. Let me throw out something to Hanson, our executive producer, forget because I forgot to ask for this earlier. I was just watching CBS News and to their credit, they're covering this story. CBS News is where sixty minutes is sixty Minutes being sued by Donald Trump. Forced to release the full transcript. The full interview that they did with Kamala Harris in the run up to the election. Now, I haven't listened to it, but I was reading some of the reports on it. Her answer on Israel, I think was the question was like ten times as long as the clip that they played on the interview, just way more wordy, rambling Kamala Air's style. And if you could grab that, Hanson, just that particular answer, I know, it's floating around in social media a lot to an example of what they what she actually said versus what sixty minutes showed us. CBS is saying they did not change the you know, the actual content of what she said. Hmmm. True, But the fact that she rambles like crazy to say one thing is important.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The idea that she's a half wit who can't form a coherence sentence was an actual campaign issue right on the other hand, And I hate to defend sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: I rarely do. Man, you're interviewing somebody and they unleash just.
Speaker 1: A long, dull, stupid word salad, and you've got a limited amount of time to er it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you're a news organization and one of the biggest knocks on the candidate. Is they unleash long crazy word salads. You gotta ride that in. That's the news story. I'm not gonna say you're wrong. So more tocom And this makes me just breaks my heart. The absolutely idiotic self declouting trends. Sexual movie that Hollywood was so proud of, that's now just getting murdered all over the place. Another hit is landed. Oh no, oh no. Afterward from our friends at Prize Picks, the Big Game is almost here. It's now or never. Don't miss out on the last football game of the season with Prize Picks the best place to win cash.
Speaker 2: Well watching the Big Game. This is an interesting one.
Speaker 1: Well, Jalen Hurts pass for more than two hundred and fifteen and a half yards in the Super Bowl game. I would say, if I'm an Eagles fan, if he doesn't, there's no way they win. But it's more or less on a couple of categories. You download the Prize Picks Act app. Look at the various categories you know, for all kinds of different sports. But super certainly you're into the Big Game this weekend. Yeah, and what's absolutely fabulous is they're giving you one freebie, so you only have to make two stat more or less projections, and they're giving you one. If Pat Mahomes throws more than one yard, you've won your first square. It's really easy to understand. Just download the Prize Picks app. Use that code Armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly. After you play just a five dollar lineup. You don't have to win. You play five to give you fifty to play around with. If you use that code Armstrong again, it's the Prize Picks app. Use the code Armstrong. Prize Picks run your game. Yes, Jack, the brilliant Amelia Perez, which Hollywood was so proud of the second most or damn near the most Oscar nominations of any movie ever, tied for the most Oscar nominations of all time. This trans movie that everybody hates. Oh yeah, it's just a joke. We've done so many segments on it. I wish we could repeat it all because it's so much fun. Well, Netflix is taking the extraordinary step of removing Best Actress Oscar nominee Carlos Sophia Gascone Fode from its Academy Awards campaign after comments surfaced from the transgender performer about George Floyd being a hustler and a drug addict, and Muslims and then black and Asian actors and.
Speaker 2: Up with Hitler and all sorts of crap. Dang it, this is ruining my fun.
Speaker 1: I was really looking forward to the Oscars going way too far and finally ending their relevance completely by going full up with trans for three hours on Oscar Night.
Speaker 2: But this is going to ruin it.
Speaker 1: We had them teed up like a golf ball and we're gonna give him a good hard whacking. And they they've they've they were so just egregiously ridiculous that that you know that their cover was blown, Our cover was blown. We'll dig up that Kamala Harris sixty minutes interview now that they transcripted out Trump's soon him for ten billion dollars among other things.
Speaker 2: On the way, stay here, Mama BLESTI shio blest, no blessing.
Speaker 1: So the final note for now on the Amelia Perez movie, because we ran out of time in the last segments. Netflix is taking the extraordinary step of removing this transgender actor from the Academy Awards campaign because the studio spend a tremendous amount of money on this sort of thing. Rumor is they'd already poured thirty million dollars promoting this movie just to get oscars for it, And a number of people are asking, how did you not like get into this person's old tweets before he spends thirty million dollars to promote him her I was getting an Oscar.
Speaker 2: I would prefer to look at the other way.
Speaker 1: I go to a movie, I don't really freaking care what the background is of the person up on the screen playing the cowboy or the clerk or whatever, or what they tweeted about whatever at some point in their life.
Speaker 2: But do I like the movie or not? So why would you look into anybody's background ever about what they said? Who cares? Would be my preferred way to look at it.
Speaker 1: And can we, as the other side of that coin, just have them not tell us what they think about any issues? Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Right? I'm sure from the Oscar stage, you know, since this is.
Speaker 1: A modern phenomenon knowing what people think about their politics, I'm sure if you go back throughout history, whether it's your you know, your favorite paintings or books or music or some of your favorite composers, you know probably had abhorrent views on.
Speaker 2: All kinds of things.
Speaker 1: We just do.
Speaker 2: We didn't think about it back then.
Speaker 1: Either liked the music or you don't, all right, And that's the beauty of not caring what they think.
Speaker 2: Is if they think something of horrent, as long as they.
Speaker 1: Are not like Bruce Springsteen, obnoxious about it, I just ignore it.
Speaker 2: But you you had that.
Speaker 1: I think it was a text or email the other day from somebody who knows how the Grammys work, and I'm sure the Oscars is similar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybody should be aware of the way these awards shows work. That whether it's the tens of millions of dollars that they spend on campaigning to get the right number of votes, or in the Grammys example, you used where you trade around votes for best album to get votes for this from a different category, or maybe next year you help me out if I help you this year, or whatever, as opposed to I'm just going to sit here, listen to the albums and determine which one I think is the best.
Speaker 2: Oh no, please, no, no, it's also training. Well, even if that was all it's going on, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, the idea of a bunch of people sitting down and listening to eight different albums of completely different kinds of music and determining that one's the best is insane.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: I can't stand awards for art early. I don't mind the ten best that sort of thing. You know, it's an opinion and you dig into it and you think, wow, I really do like that album. Cool, I'll listen to it some more. Okay, picking the best is just so silly to got it as good a version of that as you can get. Somebody put out a list yesterday of the fifty greatest movies of all time, based on all of the current favorite internet ways of rating movies. Rotten Tomatoes and a whole bunch of IMBD and all these different things. Pile all the scores, and what are the best movies? I'll hit you with the top ten a little bit later. I thought it was an interesting conversation starter, and I don't mind reserving a few slots for like artsy stuff that pop audiences don't get, because that's you know, that's a thing. Uh, but yeah, I love that better than asking one guy. Everybody sleeps, and lots of people have trouble with sleeping. We got a ton of great text recommendations or thoughts on the whole sleeping thing, so maybe we'll get to that a little bit later too, And some really interesting perspectives about Trump's insane idea of the US taking over Gaza. Did he mean it?
Speaker 2: Did he not mean it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Not even really the important question what did he mean by saying it? What was he going for? And what has the result been so far? Really interesting?
Speaker 1: How soon can I go to a rafa casino with Trump on gold letters up on top. Well, as you know, I've already put in my deposit for surfing lessons there at Gaza, So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Muhammad, don't serve. We got more on the way to stay with us.
Speaker 1: Are strong and getdy. Elon Musk is seizing the power that belongs to the American people.
Speaker 5: We are here to fight back. Anytime a person get paid two hundred and fifty million dollars into a campaign and they've been given access for access to the Department of Treasury of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: We are more.
Speaker 5: I am gonna stand with you in this fight and we will win were we well.
Speaker 2: Win, we will win. We those performances. We won't rest things are getting weird, and they getting weird fast.
Speaker 1: So that's the elon Musk is an unelected dictator ruining America thingy that they're act.
Speaker 2: They're they think.
Speaker 1: I guess that most Americans, the majority of Americans hate the idea of government employees losing their jobs or various agencies shrinking.
Speaker 2: I think they're wrong. I hope they're jeez, I hope they're wrong.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting.
Speaker 1: There's a fair amount of language, as you heard there, and I've heard in a lot of other clips of we are at.
Speaker 2: War, take to the streets.
Speaker 1: Sounds a lot like the stuff Donald Trump said on January sixth that you know, was being claimed to have started an insurrection, were or anybody said to be peaceful and patriotic there either, by the way, Yeah, just and I've read a number of reasonable Democrats, some of like the axel Rod generations, some more modern guys, you're moderate kind of classic Democrats saying, hey, we've got to have a message, and.
Speaker 2: It can't be Trump is the devil.
Speaker 1: We've tried that for a very long time, and he didn't mean we ought to go with on Musk is the devil. So I mean, that's you know that there's an old saying among lawyers. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If neither is on your side, pound on the table. Well there you heard a bunch, and we've got multiple montages of that sort of Democrats screeching into microphones that Elon Musk and Donald Trump are trying to.
Speaker 2: Something something blah blah blah. They're pounding on the table.
Speaker 1: Got that federal governments, which I think, if only is there anyway where do I sign up for that? Who do how do I vote to make sure we can gut the government that's a threat. And imagine keeping your tax dollars in your states and communities, having control over your schools and the services you need closer to your home.
Speaker 2: What a nightmare that.
Speaker 1: What I don't understand is why they aren't going with a Why wouldn't you say, yes, we're every bit as interested as they are and making sure government program are as efficient as possible in all departments, don't waste any taxpayers' money.
Speaker 2: And why wouldn't you say that.
Speaker 1: Momentum and inertia practically the same thing, are on your side anyway, as a Democrat, you're gonna eil.
Speaker 2: I never took physics, so I gotta take your word for that.
Speaker 1: You're more or less gonna win in the end anyway, because you know, we can nip around the edges of trying to shrink this stuff down and it ain't gonna be a lot.
Speaker 2: I just understand. I think because they believe.
Speaker 1: A big chunk of the country is on their side with and I hope not of wanting to cut government. Uh yeah, yeah, that they don't want to Uh yeah, I don't know. I think honestly, if they took your message that you just suggested, I'd be a lot more concerned. Continuing to just screech elon Musk is gonna come into your nursery and eat your babies.
Speaker 2: I just that's not gonna win anything. It's ridiculous. They're flailing desperately, a complete change of topic. Do we have for this? I have time for this rather or should we hold off? I can't decide.
Speaker 1: Trump's idea that the US might like own or run the Gaza strip and remove and relocate two million Palestinians was derided as looney tunes and a lot of left media a lot of folks on the right media were like, what does he mean by that, which is a legitimate question. But some of the analysis, now that we've gotten a day or two past it, I think is really really interesting.
Speaker 2: Jack, you want to take the first hack or what thing.
Speaker 1: So I was listening to the Commentary magazine podcast yesterday and that's the leading publication publication in America, up with Jews, up with Israel stuff. And I didn't realize my whole life, I've not really understood what a Gordian not is. I realized it was a like a difficult situation you got to fix somehow, but that's about it. But the whole idea of a Gordian nott, I guess is it's not you. It's a difficult situation. You can't untie it. The only thing you can do is just to cut it right. And I guess I missed that somewhere in my life. But they were using this as an example of that. We've been trying to untie this. You can't untie it, not as the world for eighty years or whatever. And Trump's just gonna cut it, which is the only thing you can do with a knot like that. If you want to solve the problem, and New York Post writing about that today. Saudi Arabian other Arab nations have publicly rejected Trump's plan to evacuate two point three million Gozzens and have the US quote takeover and redevelop the land, but they may come to support it in secret because it would finally solve decades of conflict and end Hamas's iron grip. A former Israeli Palestine Palestine negotiator says, and they quote this Avi Melahammed, who has been negotiating with all these countries, that's what he's been doing throughout his life. And he says he served as a senior Arab advisor to Jerusalem, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, dealing with all the big players. That they might actually be interested in this quoting. I wouldn't be surprised to know that in the back rooms, the Saudis, the Egyptians, the Jordanians are very happy about Trump's idea of the United States taking control of the situation in Gaza. We have to remember that at the end of the day, Hamas presents Egypt and Jordan and the Saudis and the Emirates a significant threat. They have to show disdain in public, but behind the scenes they'd be happy to have this taken care of. There needs to be a big, significant game changer on the ground to solve this problem, and that's what Trump's trying to do. He's trying to cut the Gordian knut. Yeah. A couple other perspectives fairly similar. Takes Wall Street Journal editorial board writing about Trump's taking a flyer on this, and the reaction was predictably hyperbolic seth nik cleansing or whatever. M But they write note that mister Trump expressed admirable sympathy for the Palestinians in their plight. The Gaza strip quote has been a symbol of death and destruction for so many decades, and so bad for the people anywhere near it, he said Tuesday. Who would disagree with that? He went on to say, we should go to other countries of interest with humanitarian hearts. There are many of them that want to do this and build various domains that will ultimately be occupied by the one point eight million Palestinians, etc.
Speaker 2: Etc.
Speaker 1: This can be paid for by neighboring countries of great wealth, but the people will be able to live in comfort and peace, and the Journal editorial board rates It's easy to dismiss this as the fantasy of a presidential huckster who imagines Trump condos on a Gaza gold coast. But is his idea so much worse than the status quo that the rest of the world is offering the famous two state solution with Palestinian state. A Palestinian state next to Israel will not happen as long as Hamas still runs Gaza and could run the West Bank, and the Arabs states aren't exactly clamoring to send in peacekeeping forces to eradicate Hamas or govern the Strip. The best the world can come up with is to mouth the two state platitude and let Gaza remain a hellhole while Hamas will revive its rain of terror and Palestinians who want something different will be tossed off buildings. Right, talk about Gaza being a hell hole and how awful it is, while as a neighboring country, you build giant walls to make sure none of those people can get into your country. Right, we're talking about Egypt and just all the countries in the region. The last thing they want is any Palestinians coming into their country, because you know, I could go through the history of it, but all of these countries have had horrific problems with all the Palestinians flowing in, and all of a sudden they've got this giant Islamist militant population. The revolution comes to their country, they have unrest, they've got to put down rebellions, and you know it's gone on for decades now. Well, Commentary magazine was making the point that for people of other countries that have had to escape war torn regions or the rubble of destruction after a civil war, whatever, Syrians, for instance, Europe's.
Speaker 2: Supposed to take all these people in.
Speaker 1: All these countries in Europe have taken in all of these people from all of these awful places, but nobody's expecting the surrounding countries of Gaza to take in refugees.
Speaker 2: That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if I were the leader of one of those countries, I'd say, yeah, how's Europe doing? Have not taken in I don't think it's good and I wouldn't want it, but we just think that's you know, that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 2: The Syrians had to go somewhere.
Speaker 1: So they're in Germany and Italy and friends and wherever, but Gazin's Nope, they can't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: They have to stay in that one tiny little piece of land.
Speaker 1: One more note from Elliott Kaufman, who's been thinking and writing about this stuff for years and years, that I thought was absolutely terrific. And he starts, of course with the President Trump shocked the world stuff. But few critics disputest point that it would benefit the displace to escape the demolition side of Gaza Gaza and live in peace rather than his cannon fought. The real disturbance after decades to the contrary is to think seriously about what it would mean to put Palestinian lives first, rather than sacrificing them to the lost cause of Palestine, as their leaders often do.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit of history.
Speaker 1: On October nineteen twenty three, twenty twenty three, Hamas leader Khaled Michal suggested that to achieve the dream of Israel's destruction and with it an Arab Palestine from the river to the sea, millions of Palestinians might have to die. This is the Palestinian leader said, Yeah, millions will probably have to die, but that's okay. The prospect did not trouble him. Years earlier, the Palestine liberation organizations Yaser, ara Fat and Mahmudabas turned down turned down Israeli offers of statehood, the two state solution, which no national liberation movement does.
Speaker 2: You say, you're a national liberation movement. They say, okay, you can have your country. We don't want it.
Speaker 1: And the Palestinian leader from the twenties through the forties, Hitler ally Amin al Husseini, did much the same before and at Israel's founding. Reimagining the failed Arab drive to wipe out the Jews after only a few years after the Holocaust is a story of Palestinian victimization and valiant resistance is the essence of the lost cause. This is the worst kind of nationalism, an eliminationist, one that brings its people only misery. And yah Sir Arafat turned down all those deals for variety of reasons, including he felt like he'd be assassinated if he ever agreed to any of them, which he would have been right.
Speaker 2: By the even more crazy hardcore Islamis.
Speaker 1: Types God, by the people on his side, he would have been assassinated by Yeah. Yeah, well, let's keep doing the same and mouthing the same bull crap, says a lot of the establishment.
Speaker 2: It's because it's comfortable for them. But they're such phonies. Can I be interesting to see how this plays out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably chaotically and with a lot of bloodshed, honestly.
Speaker 1: Well as opposed to my entire life. Chaotically and bloodshed. Well, exactly, let's try something different. You could go back to when I was a little kid and my dad would be sitting in his lazy boy recliner with the footstool up, reading the paper with the news on, and they'd have had Palestinians throwing rocks at her relea. Isn't exactly the same thing going on, same conversation?
Speaker 2: Yep, something, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Well? Speaking of giant, interesting earth shaking ideas, what about El Salvador taking not only our immigration deporties but our hardcore criminals as well, ship them to El Salvador.
Speaker 2: Crazy idea. We can talk about that later on.
Speaker 1: Wall Street Journal has a story today on how the NFL, while the rest of America is abandoning DEI, the NFL remains all in.
Speaker 2: And we'll see it on display in the Super Bowl. I'm all over it.
Speaker 1: I got that and a great story about why companies like to hire XFN NFL players.
Speaker 2: Huh, well, that's cool. I hadn't never heard it. Bunch stuff on the way. I hope you can stay here to this.
Speaker 4: To the rising cost of eggs, more Americans are now investing in backyard chickens. Oh yeah, people really want eggs. This morning I saw New Yorker squeezing a pigeon like a ketchup broduct.
Speaker 1: The egg shortage is so severe that at the waffle house they have a fifty cent.
Speaker 2: Surcharge per egg.
Speaker 1: Now, I never thought I'd live in a time where they'd be surge pricing on eggs.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a tough Easter.
Speaker 1: Kiss get ready to start hunting sweetish meatballs. I like squeezing a pigeon like it's a ketchup container. Try to get another egg out of there. Wow, So I got a question for you. I dealt with this yesterday. I've dealt with this many times in the homeowner world over my life. Now we have and will endorse many home and companies that are very, very good in a variety of spheres of home improvement that be completely reputable for your name to pass our lips. Yeah, we work really really hard at that because there are so many sketchy home improvement things out there. What is to deal with that industry? This has happened to me more often than not. Had an emergency. I'm not going to be specific because I don't want to get any trouble with somebody. But storm happens, something occurred, need to get a homeowner repaired sort of company out there fast, So I just Google come up with some names, pick somebody, and what happens the most often in the last twenty years of my life, happens somebody who speaks no English shows up at your house in a fifteen dollars car or truck go boy with no signage on it, and you don't know if they're the people that are coming or not. You can't understand them. See, you don't have any idea. This has happened to me multiple times, not like just the other day, two days yesterday, but like over and over and over again. And this has happened several times too, where after using Google Translate on their phone, see'd have any idea what in to communicate, They ask if I have a ladder because they didn't bring a ladder.
Speaker 2: This has happened to me multiple times. This is what you do for a living.
Speaker 1: You show up in your crappy car. That makes me want to where's my gun? When I see this car coming to down the driveway and you ask me for a ladder? Anyway, he's got a he's got a small ladder, but he wanted a bigger ladder, and I wasn't. I have a bigger ladder, but I wasn't gonna give it to him. I don't know what's going on here anyway. He's the latter. He's up on the roof. When he's crawling down off the roof, he's asking in the best English he can. He asked me to come over and hold the ladder for him because he doesn't know if he can get down off the roof.
Speaker 2: And he's actually saying, he's actually saying, where's my foot? Do you have my foot?
Speaker 1: Have to grab his foot and help him put it on the ladder so we can get down off the roof and get back into his dentist crappy car, and then send me a text later of how much I'm gonna have to pay to get something fixed. That I understand, But this happens over What is it with that industry? There's tens of not only equipment, you're his assistant. How is this industry, since there's so much money on the line, not have more reputable like professional people involved. I just I don't get it. I've never understood it. It's been this way my entire life as a homeowner. And maybe it's just California. I don't know if the rest of you around the country are like, what are you talking about? And it's not that way where you live.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nesasito on the Escalara mas Grande, this was I need a bigger ladder. That was a decent guess, but this was a way more in the Eastern European, Ukrainian, Russian world.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, but it'll take me a while. Yeah, I think part of it.
Speaker 1: It's such a it can be such a boom and bus trade various home improvement things that when it's booming you just grab people wherever you can.
Speaker 2: And the other element to it is you rarely.
Speaker 1: I mean, this isn't entirely true, but like say you need a roofer, for instance, and you need him in a hurry. You're not gonna need a roofer again next year and next year and the year after that. And so if they hit and run and get your money and give you crappy service, they don't care. Got some people doing some other work and now can't wait till they're done to get him out of there and try somebody different. Although I keep trying different people and it's always the same, but they don't show up until like eleven. They quit it three and they take an hour for lunch. Excuse me, that's like three hours of work every day. This will take you know, five hundred years to get done.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the idea.
Speaker 1: Why I tried to get I need a bigger letter in Ukrainian and it's a bunch of letters. I don't know they got a different alphabet. Oh my god, that whole world is so nut speaking nuts. The NFL is sticking with DEI will explain it in much more next hour.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stay with us. Armstrong and Getty