Speaker 1: Amy and TJ presents Aubrey O Day covering the Diddy trial.
Speaker 2: You have a prepaid call from Sure. Let's call ANDREI telephone number. We'll be monitored and recorded. Shure man, it's good with you, top in the morning to you.
Speaker 1: I miss you, baby. How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know, miss you baby. Every day's a blessing. He's still taking over the world. I see.
Speaker 3: Huh, you know, one little small step at a time. But can I tell you I have missed your spirit and energy for so long. I always watch your interviews and I think people would trip out to hear us talking and know to find out that we've known each other for what is it decades now, I think since the last time we hung out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be funny about it that I had got you studio time because I had tracks and stuff for you, but somebody got in the way of it. You probably never knew that part, but I will tell you that today.
Speaker 1: I did not know. I swear I did not know that part.
Speaker 2: That you know.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the story of being blacklisted, though you know how that goes. Can I tell you one thing, Sugar, There was this photo of us where you gave me my first cigar, and me and you were smoking a cigar at some event that we were at together, and it's my one of my favorite photos of us, and it got riped off the internet. I can't find it anywhere, and I used to be able to just google it.
Speaker 2: One of those people who probably don't like you probably got rid of it somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't. They don't want people knowing that.
Speaker 3: They don't want people knowing that we're friends, that we collaborate on ideas exactly. So, Sugar, I know you don't have a ton of time, so I want to first get started with my like the number one dying question I have for you, which is historically you and Puff have had decades of bad blood and so seeing interview after interview lately where you're basically kind of saying things like Puff isn't guilty for the things he did to those people, that he didn't invent abuse industry tactics Salon, which, by the way, I do agree with you on that this is a systematic issue and way more people need to be being discussed. However, doesn't you saying that those statements in general kind of validate that Puff is doing that behavior and that he is guilty of it.
Speaker 2: So I never said that I don't believe he not doing anything wrong. What I said was this, I mean, I love the coach of hip hop. I love the coach of our people. Right, Yes, it was all said and done. I said they should be smart about it because you know, my belief is that I feel, like I always felt, I felt that he's real comfortable with the authorities, maybe the FBI informant or something. Right, Yeah, So I said at this time that they're not really gonna smack him like they're another with smacking anyone else, because you got to look at the pattern. But it's the same guy. That one thing for certain, one thing for sure. When I started my company, when I started death Row, nobody started death row button me. When I decided to start death Row, I came with the name my Little homy hit Doll Rest in Peace to the logo Everything's done blew me. And then as time went on, people try to get recognition or try to get out of prison, and he got out of prison by saying and they have affiliated with me, were alive, right, Yeah, But on the other hand, buff really had drug money invold in this shit, that's the past, right, But at the same time, he got him a parting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a lot of people moving in the streets for him. He had a bunch of people right, right.
Speaker 2: So what I'm trying to say is you take now, sure enough, I'm from Tamping, I'm with all that, and I claim everything about what God made me. I am right, but don't lie on me. So when I said that, he's probably not gonna smack him that bad because of his affiliations with law enforcements. So then when I was trying to save this and I still stand up on me, it's so much more we can do for the generations behind us. Yes, what I mean by that, it's like make make him you understand and tell his truth. He should one of humanized himself and help others. Make all the other people who were definitely involved.
Speaker 1: Why was I just gonna I was going to jump to Capricorn, Like everybody was talking about Capricorn's testimony, and on my podcast, I said, I was a bit disappointed that she didn't go all the way there because if you were around in the industry, you know what she endured and who and how she got the money to go away and they didn't talk about it on the stand.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me that he gonna bring Capricorn, Puffy and one of the ghouls and me women to make Capricorn take the money, not like saying you are a choice.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you something on that? When I heard in the testimony that she had come from death Row and then was brought over to bad Boy and how they kind of initiated her into that family. I had never known that she had come from death row? What was that extreme of an initiation for? Like, what what did they think she was gonna do? Come report back? I mean, what what was that? Did that elevate the beef between you guys?
Speaker 2: First of all, let's get it straight. Me personally, he wasn't important enough to be my enemy. I never had nothing against Puff like that, you know what I mean? And we know it can be beef because you ain't never one thing about me. You're gonna see me everywhere you go on the West Coast. You're gonna see me in the ghetto, You're gonna see in somebody's project. You gonna see me at every restaurre, every club, every beach, everywhere. So it's nothing separating him or anyone else get at me but ad And at the same time, even when even when I did get shot, I still can't do one way. So and I got shot more than us. But when it comes to Capricorn, you gotta look at it like this, the high for a position. We all know what her position was. Right now when you settle, there's no taxes. Yeah, but they know the truth because you tell them about the government. You talk about the FBI. You know how powerful United States is the United States government? It's like Trump. You see how fast Trump can get seven hundred troopils or whoever he won marine down there in downtown and look what area because he's a president of the United States.
Speaker 1: I guess I always viewed puff as being one of the untouchables, But all of a sudden he's touchable, Which makes me wonder who else is a sole inventor of this type of behavior you were around? Who are the names? Can you start helping make some change? Give me names?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is how you gotta look at It's not the fact that people's untouchable or not untouchable. Right now, they can snatch your happiness if you let them patrol you. But if you following God, can nobody snatch your happiness. I've been in prison ten and a half years. They ain't had a bad deal yet, right, that's only because of God, and I got good people, you know on the streets. Right. But this is the thing. Let's get to the facts. That's about rebuilding the industry. If we really care about the culture of hip hop and where should go. Let's get the truth. Let's put these people on the stand.
Speaker 1: Tell me some of the truth. Should tell me who should take the stand.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't let Capricorn walk the way they let her walk, because if you look at it, if you look at Capricorn, you're going to be said, okay, okay, kat you trying to tell me. I'm not saying it's not true. Puffy threatened you and you didn't tell me. What type of bitch is you? They know who at the players are. Get all those people on the stand, let them tell their truth and work out some type of deal.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to start naming them. They're not gonna take the stand themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but you don't. But they can name them. First of all. You gotta look at it like this, just the United States, just the government you think those da that worked for the FBI work in the United States of America. They don't have the resources, they don't have to knowledge not to get it done. They listening to us right now as we speak. They probably watching me, and they probably can tell you. I'm shut certain as right now. See how many times I've been working out. So this is the United States of America, powerful people, right, So start like this. Every person around them has been corrupted. I'm gonna tell you what I know, and I'm gonna ask you what you know even if you take and I ain't picking on reg Jie, I think they should look out for rage.
Speaker 1: I asked Raj at the end of last year, was he a part of any of it? And he told me no.
Speaker 2: So you're trying to say you never seen Puffy and ray J together your like your whole career.
Speaker 1: I saw them together a lot now, you.
Speaker 2: Know as well as I know. When you've seen ray J with Puffy? Was he acting like Brandy's little brother? Was he being Raj? Or was he being one of Puppy's people? You tell me? Did I tell you what I know?
Speaker 3: I think everybody around Diddy knows that Diddy is the one, it's in charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so it's a whole bunch of suck. It ain't what else going on. But look, I'm gonna tell you like this, and I'm gonna take up for ray Jae because Ray Jae is going through a lot.
Speaker 1: Because didn't he spend it on you a bit and say you were doing it?
Speaker 2: One thing, I've never got a dressing proved. One I'm black. Two, I'm a man, Three am a man of God. And four love me in the world. Everybody knows. Yeah, everybody know what I do. And I do love you. You got all the juice in the world. But at the same time, I'm a man. I'm a man that loves beautiful women, right, I do know.
Speaker 1: I know that I've seen you through the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna put my penis in a woman. But I'm not even nicking on a woman. But so if I ain't gonna if I ain't gonna put my opinions in a woman, but what makes you think I'm gonna put my opinions in a man's ass?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So in regards to Tupac's shooting, you were in the car. We all know that Keithy came forward and said that Puff offered a million bucks to take him out. We know that Zip is gone. They can't maybe trace the money, I guess, is what's going on in that situation? And Keethy was in the backseat? And is all that true?
Speaker 2: Okay, Before I can get to that part, you see, they don't got KVD at Puppy's trial over.
Speaker 1: Stead, Why when Keithy d got taken in, I was expecting that charge to come up in the indictment in all honesty.
Speaker 2: No, well, okay, so look, let's let's break it down. Let me let me walk you through it. Okay. Now, first of all, Puff is from New York. He come on the West Coast. People pretty much figured that. You know, they think they called New York the Red Apple, but in reality, the West Coast is the Red Apple. So the red apples already in somebody's hands taking a big bite off that apple. Have no choice but to day with the lady and the devil in the blue dress, you know. So Puff goes to recruit the people who wear blue. Now it's a guy named James who moved to my neighborhood, like in nineteen eighty two. He started living in kepd's neighborhood, his baby mother and wife there, his best friends with gpd's wife or baby mama or whatever this case may be. I'm not all in the politics of that. WHOHI he personally heard, he personally seen Jane Jamee's personally seen Puffy talking to KD them in their neighborhood about putting money on Tupac and on me.
Speaker 1: That's one thing, right, Why was his hatred so deep for you in Park?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it started with Tupac first.
Speaker 1: There's rumors out there that they were there was potentially more than a friendship between them.
Speaker 3: Is that true between Pokin Diddy? Was there anything going on their relationship wise?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you like this, I had to be with if I wasn't winning twenty four, twenty four hours out the day. We talked all through the day, all through the night. I ain't never seen PC talking about messing with a man, want to mess with a man?
Speaker 1: So the people that are saying that are capping.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you gotta realize what game have them? You got this? What you gotta realize. You got the people who do something in life and did something in life, and you got the people who never did them in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who go on podcasting gossip if you do.
Speaker 2: Your well, you know, well that's a new that's a new thing of the gossip because you don't get some person in the podcast and say, hey, should night mess though with three hundred million? Four hundred million after not true? Right, but say if that is true, you call yourself a game or you call yourself on a podcast. You you wish me to a bench, try to press a bitch and tell them stuff about me. Right, But at the end of the day, you got to look at it like this, twenty years of their career, twenty years of their career trying to make money. I was spending a hundred times more than that I was spending twenty I was spending ten million in twenty minutes. These dudes in twenty years probably make fifty grand. So all this extra talking they talk on these shows, they're the weirdos. Back to the reality of the facts. Let's take this, let's take this time. Let's fix some things. Let's see we don't got to be funny and clown you know, now.
Speaker 1: Let's fix it, straighten it up for people. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Now let's go to the part of this and reason why I brung up rain J. I got love for ray J. I don't care for what ray Jay say. You know, at the end of the mother the day you know ray J say is lost. We need help. So let's not pick on ray J. But at the same time, how they go from ray Z being with him all the time, spending the night with him and never ever gets poened A coat of court. You got capricorn on the stands Now I got a forty five bullet into my skull and the doctor told me they can't remove because if the go another EDS, I'll be dead or vescible. But now a cook a cop say it's just a forty it's not a forty five. That's news to me. He probably knows less he heading out the guns. I don't know how you know more than what the doctor killed me. The man you do. Now back to the facts of the matter. When you look at the when I got shot, they blamed me for thirty years. It cost me my freedom, cost me mind cumpany in a way, it cost me my freedom again. This time if somebody hit me with an iron pipe and they got a video on it, I don't worry about it. They'll say nothing happened. It doesn't happen to these people. I can get shot seven times in one open, they got all on video, they could do a song about it. Do anything happens? Absolutely not. What she's gonna look at is were talking about Puffy situation. We're talking about Loud of the Vega situation. You talking about Tupac, you talking about me, you talk about Puffy, You tell my bad Boy, you tell about death. Bro, let's start there, Biggie, all of it and all of.
Speaker 1: The stories that have been told. What is a piece of the truth that nobody knows? Can you tell me one piece of truth? Then nobody knows about that whole era.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you the truth that nobody knows. First of all, you gotta remember one thing. We always friends, number one. Yeah, Now that's very important. But we all needed each other. Yeah, because as a whole, we made the entry exciting. Yep, we made us work harder. Because at the end of the day, if I was known for making superstars and dropping albums, Puffy was to make a single better than anyone. And you gotta get that to him, because this motherfucker I'm gonna take a single, we go off as Biggie or what else, and he gonna hop his ass to have mother fucking videos. He's gonna put that little, tight little suit on it and he's gonna pop it. Right. Yeah, I'm gonna make my artists as far and never ever being in video. I'm not. I'm not gonna pop it. I'm not gonna do all it because it's about film. Gave all the stock in death Row and ask one of.
Speaker 1: Them, so, so where tell me? They tell me that? Tell me where it first goes wrong.
Speaker 2: I think it went wrong because of the people in the industry and not us. I called a meeting for all of us. I said, hey, and this is a meeting in my This is meeting in the prime of everything. I said, you know, they got six contributors. We don't got to say it disturbed by death bro. We don't got the serious and said disturbed by a bad boy or whoever. We don't gonna do none of that, right, I said, this is what we do.
Speaker 1: You didn't need them, You didn't need that. They were taking the money and you didn't need to give them that cut.
Speaker 2: Period, didn't need them. So so so I told everybody, I said, look all my artists, I'm giving them their own label. I gave Stoop, you're gonna have your own label. Park you got your own label. Dog for everybody having your own label.
Speaker 1: So in that in that meeting, what was the agreement? Why did why did it go wrong?
Speaker 2: So this is would happened? We all in this meeting, and I said, look, I don't got to do this by myself. It could be some we ship. So this is what we're gonna do. We control the industry because so then they have a hit song of breaking new artists then need to track. Why want of our producers?
Speaker 1: Yes, they needed all artists got.
Speaker 2: It and they needed they needed this, right. I think what we're gonna do is we're gonna have a distribution company and we're gonna call it a Lucky seven. The Lucky seven is gonna get all the talent and distriver our own ship. So Puffy raised his hand like he's in class. He said, cause I talked, I said, go ahead. He looked. He says, I'm not worried about the white people that we can see. I'm worried about the wolves gonna pull up on our on our front yard, and those pickup trucks and talking about burning um signs in the yard.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: He's worried about the white men coming up and pickup trucks, harassing us, telling them we can't do it. I said, well, you take your Martin Luther king as on out of here and have a dream. The wars who want to be like macaolm x and all I means necessary, Let's stay and talk.
Speaker 1: So that divided the coasts.
Speaker 2: That divided everything, and that turned everything to making Hill night to the industry most wanted. M hm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me fast forward a tiny bit. Now we get into the higher stake of there's weapons, there's hatred, there's people being murdered. It's getting out of control. I understand that that's where the bad blood starts. How does it elevate to the next levels, which are way more crazy?
Speaker 2: Is it over?
Speaker 1: Masters?
Speaker 2: Is it over? Girls?
Speaker 1: What is it over?
Speaker 2: They played every person against everyone, So it starts like this, the white men dead right when we had the biggest peace treaty on the West coast. I can't speak to anyone else. I'm born raised out here right on the West coast. We have one of the biggest peace treaties ever with all the different neighborhoods, the game members and everyone after Rodney King got his asked with the riots, right, yeah, the share especially the ones encountered. They will go in their own personal cars and drive up shoot that different game member as far as sometimes shoot a game member and how another game members neighborhood and that certain neighborhood would go back and do something to the other neighborhood they thought came and shot at him, but it was always the police. So now we has it in the industry. They pulled a lot of guys and you don't need to times people call me in the meet and say, hey, you make average like you say Puffy makes sing this, you make superstars. Now we can't say Biggie wasn't one of the best rappers you ever do it, but the did between Biggie and Tupac, Biggie was probably that were the best ever ever. Tystomc to rhyme.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: Superstar in the industry ever because Biggy can go on stage and rap for an hour. Yeah, he's gonna be sweating because he wrapping his ass off. Tupac gonna come on the stage before we say.
Speaker 1: One word, everyone's gonna lose their shit.
Speaker 2: They're gonna lose they see. It's gonna be real pennies.
Speaker 1: On the mother for the stage, real pennies whole as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't telling no plenty with peenis Prince the I'm talking about real.
Speaker 1: I'll still take them off to this day.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what up toubou.
Speaker 1: So that was that, right, Okay, So the people above, y'all, the white men you couldn't see, were getting their hands messy in it. And it sounds like there were street dynamics in gang things that were involved in it too. But it wasn't necessarily at It wasn't necessarily y'all at the forefront of it. It was a lot of other players that were making tensions rise.
Speaker 2: Well, you got maybe one thing. Let's also go back to you in facts, the cricket cops destroyed hip hop. So at first everybody was just using their homies. Come on, we're going on tour, we going to this club. So now you're gonna take your homies because you want them to eat, you want to get them a job, you want them to make some money. Right as you go up to the club. Drive to the club with just your homies, the police pulling you over, the cookie cops and they taking people to the gem. Right. So later on these same Criokiet cops come here and say, hey.
Speaker 1: Who are the crooked cops working for?
Speaker 2: At this point, well the cookeet Countain. Is this Reggie Wright Jr? On our side?
Speaker 1: No I know, But who Who's whose interests are they working for?
Speaker 2: They working for the interest of the money for themself. So this is how you got to look at it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So whoever is whoever's filling their pocket?
Speaker 2: Right? So now this is the thing, right, So once again, so now you got to cook the caps supposed to be the one carrying the gun towards making sure they down harass us that the police. I was smartest to say that a cop did with a cop. So you know, the homie going say, what's going on? You know? The police show us back and talk to the police. The only problem that became was I said this, and I gotta get this guy. I was wrong on one thing. Last time I spoke on something. I said, hey, Jean and Birkburg, who's reads his friends? Yeah, Jean said, no, it wasn't him. Jean said it was Paul who was head of security for Bad Boys, Right, Okay, yeah, when you go back and you when you go back and you check out boxes every time something happened, the Crookeet pops the cooker Caps in portrayed us like that, like the FBI infiltrated the black pants is back in the day cookie Caps and traded their hit coops.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I get what I get where you're going with this. Let me let me ask you something. Who wins when Puck and Biggie die? Who wins? Who had the biggest wins on those deaths?
Speaker 2: Let's tell you who wins. Well, the major Lutivities sales go to the roof the croocket Caps because they got paid to participate and make sure you go down. And then if you notice, when you when two of the most powerful artists.
Speaker 1: In the industry, people in the world, but all.
Speaker 2: The other artists all hire more security. Now you I don't care if this at this whoever, you can pick any ord as it is on the East coast, on the West coast, down south, midwest, whatever, Right, every time somebody get killed, if somebody gets shined, everybody hire more security. Every time somebody get killed, somebody gets shined, the majors make more money and they use that for excuse. So if you if you somebody say you little Lane, what I'll tell you what. Probably two of the bands really young of the out is NBA Young Boy and Tory Lane. Right, so say you those two guys. The minute you get in trouble, and they think you get in trouble, that give them a reason not to give you the big bag. They should get these guys a half of being in dollars. They Chiclo Dodo in their office and say, you know what, matter of fact, kids are being dollars. You deserve that.
Speaker 1: So everything is coming down to mass ownership and money.
Speaker 2: But you're missing the point. You got to understand something.
Speaker 1: What's the point I'm missing.
Speaker 2: The point you missing is is it's problems in the industry. Big got excuse not to give you guys getting the dollars because nobody want to deal with you guys because it's gonna be shooting, we're gonna be fighting, and it's gonna be arrested. But they said we're gonna do you a favorite and to use some small money where they should give these young guys being the dollars. Do you know much money they make for everything out of music?
Speaker 1: Okay, so no, I do, I do. So let me let me let me ask you this question when you go when you look at Ditty's trial, because these were a lot of people talking in the streets around the time all this started occurring. Is this person potentially and listen, all the things that are being testified to are being testified to. This is a real trial with real victims that are alleging things. However, I wanted to ask you, is there a bigger system at play that maybe wanted to take his power from him? Or is this just solely all based on his behavior alone in your opinion?
Speaker 2: No, it's well, the facts of it exist. They wanted to take his power from him. They could have been took his power. And you got to member one thing, you gotta look at my situation.
Speaker 1: Well, they did show they have I.
Speaker 2: Know, but I'm going to tell you this how it starts. I haven't did that one thing to have universal or in his scope for anyone else. Give my masters. I didn't do anything illegal or anything wrong, even when even when the Harriss lied and said they're ancing to do with my company that was proven. They didn't. They got nothing. They gave Melia Harris because my lawyer, who represented all the same people did shook the court one day. Now look at the make a picture of all the whole situations. All of a sudden, they've been doing the step Puffy been doing. They told him, I'm gonna ask you a question. You incredible singer. You got a great voice, betting the most anyone. You beautiful woman, you can pants, you got rhythm, you got the voids, and you gained about your shit right. Why do you think they didn't let you to be the biggest artist that anyone could be.
Speaker 1: Because I stood up to Puff, I told people how it was.
Speaker 3: I didn't allow myself to be taken advantage of when they wanted me to fuck around and do the funny behavior, I said no, I left, I didn't participate, and.
Speaker 1: I was not system friendly. I never have been. In every single experience I've had after that, I'm always getting a bad hand because I just am not willing to play the game of the system. However, for some reason, they've been able to make me enough of a joke that I'm able to stay around and keep talking and saying what I have to say, which is truth. But because Puff fired me and said I was promiscuous, raunchy, bad for business on national television as a kid, the whole world kind of looks at me in a way where like, oh, we don't really take her seriously. That I kind of got away with staying in a lane that was comfortable enough to where I could still say what the fuck it is? But I'm not being killed over it because I don't really have as much power because they made sure that I never get as much power as it would take from my voice to really matter period.
Speaker 2: Now I feel bad for you, but I feel great for you because me too, because you steal who you are. Now, just what I want to say. Yeah, if they really were trying to get Puffy right, has anybody call him puppy on?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 2: Why? Listen? Anybody was trying to get him right, the prosecution would have been sitting outside your resident would a sub penic if you understand right. They would have showed that he was this beautiful woman who have all the talent in the world, and they even blackness her right. So why do you think that in these women regard there was Cassie or or Capricorn or whoever, any of those motherfuckers. Right for the Asian girl, fifty cents, baby mama whatever. Right if they told the trip a triple Bob Puffy, they probably only to be able to get a McDonald's child because nobody in the industry will never hire them again. So basically, that's the power of racketeering. That's the power of controlling people with violence, our threats or money or distortion. They're not trying to get these this man because this man gave too much through the system. You had sixty seconds remaining, I'm gonna call you red back.