Speaker 1: I Am all In again.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess you.
Speaker 1: I Smell pop Culture with Eastern Allen, an iHeartRadio podcast. Do you smell that? I smell that. That smells like pop culture? Hi, everybody, my name is Easton Allen. This is I Smell pop Culture. It is a subsidiary of the I Am all In podcast here on iHeartRadio. iHeartMedia, one of eleven productions all that great stuff. You know what, you love it. Thanks for joining us here. If this is your first time, first of all, welcome, thanks for listening. If you open up a podcast app and then you just kind of close your eyes and scroll and just play podcast roulette and land wherever you land, Welcome. We're so happy to have you. Here's what we do here on Gilmore Girls, the classic show Gilmore Girls. We love it. They reference pop culture all the time, they cram it into the script. There's so many per episode. What we do here on I Smell pop Culture is we take a big whiff, we smell it. We talk to the people that are behind these pop culture moments, these icons, these songs, these movies, these characters. We talk to them and we find out what makes someone a pop culture reference. How do you become that. How do you create something that has such an indelible mark on culture that it gets referenced in Gilmore Girls? How is that done? That is what we do here, and this is what we're doing this week. It's so exciting. We're going back to season six, episode fourteen. You've been Gilmour remember that episode. So, Rory's dad, Christopher, is visiting her at Yale. She gave him a tour. She tells them that she moved in with Logan. But at the end of the episode, Rory's talking to Laurai and Laura's trying to pretend that she doesn't know that Rory and Logan moved in together, but they're making small talk. She Rory tells Laura le I about how her dad came to visit her, and Rory says it was nice, he saw the campus, we had dinner, and Laura I says, oh, how very seventh Heaven of you. So seventh Heaven. This this is really exciting. We've talked about this before, but there's a there's an idea in Gilmore Girls that I kind of love is that it's such a real show. The world, sorry, the world of the show is so real. It feels so fleshed out. This line proves that they are watching Seventh Heaven exists in the world of Gilmore Girls. They are also on the WB just like Gilmore Girls. So there there is a chance that Lauri, Laurel Hy and Rory are sitting down or watching Seventh Heaven. So Laura said that because Seventh Heaven is a very wholesome show. It's it's family values, it's a it's a very uh, you know, a tender loving show, and it's very wholesome that Rory took her dad around campus. So here's what we're going to do today. We are going to talk to of the stars of Seventh Heaven. That's right, the Camden family. We're talking to Beverly Mitchell, David Gallagher, and Mackenzie Rosman. They played Beverly played Lucy, David played Simon, and Mackenzie played Ruthie Camden, all children on the Seventh Heaven Show. It ran for eleven seasons starting in nineteen ninety six. So wild, there's so much to get into. They are the coolest people in the world. They have a podcast also on iHeartRadio. It's called Catching Up with the Camdens. They're rewatching Seventh Heaven just like we do here on I am all in, So if you love Seventh Heaven, you should definitely check out their podcast. And we're going to talk to them about being referenced in Gilmore Girls, growing up on a set, being on one of the most iconic TV shows of all time. You know, super casual. Let's get into it. They're here, Hi, everybody, Thanks so much for doing this.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome.
Speaker 1: So, okay, before we get started here, I want everyone we were just talking before we began about how this is theater of the mind, this is an audio medium. I want there's there's three of you here. This is the most we've ever had before. I don't want people to get confused. So I'm going to ask you each to say your name, your height, and your favorite color so we can learn your voices. Who wants to go, Beverly, We'll start with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, my name is Beverly Mitchell. I am five one.
Speaker 4: And what was the other That sounded like a lie, didn't it?
Speaker 1: Your voice went up.
Speaker 3: The knack?
Speaker 1: And what's your favorite color?
Speaker 2: My favorite color is blue?
Speaker 1: All right, great choice? Okay, Dave, you state your name, height and favorite color.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, I'll slate.
Speaker 4: My name is David Gallagher. I am five ten and my favorite color is purple.
Speaker 1: All right, great. And Mackenzie, my name.
Speaker 5: Is Mackenzie Rosman and my driver's license says five feet and my favorite color is blue.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, great, Now that that's out of the way everyone. I hope you listening took notes. There will be quiz at the end. So the reason we're talking to you guys today. The connection to Gilmore Girls is there's a point in Gilmore Girls where Rory is talking to her mother, Laura Lai, and she says the exact quote is it was nice he saw the campus, we had dinner, and then Laura says, oh, how very seventh Heaven of you? Uh seventh Heaven. Such a such a wholesome show. That's what everyone loves about It's what we all remember about it. I want to know when you guys were on the show, like as children, which we'll get into, I mean incredibly like really grew up on this show. How did it feel having that like wholesome kind of reputation. Did you did you like that? Did you want to get away from that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think all of us that maybe at one point wanted to do more sweaty teenager things, probably on screen, but ultimately I think we were pretty we were pretty grateful for for what Seventh Heaven was, and.
Speaker 6: You know how wonderful it was to shoot.
Speaker 7: I think that as much as I may have like wanted to do like the more risque like Buffy type shows like that was one not in my nature or not in my wheel house.
Speaker 6: And I think we saw ourselves as much sexier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw yeah, but but I.
Speaker 7: Think what was cool was being on the WB allowed us access to all of these other shows. So it was kind of like a high school where like we were kind of like one crowd, but we definitely interact with all the other crowds. So like there were times where we did do the like kind of like you know, the dub ABABAWWB like shoots. Those were always fun, and I think that's that was like just enough. That's all I needed, was just like one night of like pretending and then I was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we I mean, I think, like Max said, all of us at different points as teenagers and kids, like felt differently about it over time, there were definitely times where I, you know, I was envious a bit of like the cooler, sexier shows and like, you know, the the work that they got to do and the reputation that came with being on a kind of show that was considered cool. But then like you know, our set was like notoriously easy, friendly, you know, inviting, and uh, you know, looking back on it, I think we had one of the one of the best gigs in town.
Speaker 2: Really, I definitely agree agree.
Speaker 1: Something I really like listening to your podcast, Catching Up with the Camdens by the way, available on iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts, I really see there's like such a real friendship between you guys, and that's something that I really love and I think is so cool because, like you hear stories about some of these shows where people you know, you don't always get along and things like that, and like hearing that, like the set, especially you guys are so young, was such a welcome and inviting place that so that makes me so happy. First of all, So, like, what was your relationship like off camera, especially in those early days, Like, did you guys get along right away?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think we did, honestly, I mean.
Speaker 4: We we all, you know, we spent most of our days together for for that entire decade, So it's you know, we we all kind of just grew up together. And and so in that way, we our friendship was very familial, you know what I mean, And it's in its tone and it's and we've kept that. I come from a big family, so I had that dynamic at home as well.
Speaker 3: You know that that.
Speaker 4: Kind of like we all love each other, but we give each other and we we you know, keep each other, you know, in check kind of a thing. And so that energy existed on the set between all of us. And you know, when we were younger that our age gaps kind of felt bigger than they were. And now that we're adults, they're gone essentially, So like, you know, it's I think that in that way again, we're really lucky that we had we had a set filled with people that you know, that that were good people.
Speaker 7: You know, And I do think that we I do think it's more than friendship. I think we definitely have like a family bond and understanding, and what we all experienced together is something that like nobody else could really relate to except for those of us who were in it, so our love and understanding and showing up.
Speaker 2: I mean we could like we did. We went for years kind.
Speaker 7: Of losing touch a little bit just because life happened, and then when you put us all back together, it was as if we hadn't skipped a day.
Speaker 5: But then, like I said, like the age differences were so great. I mean, most a lot of shows have you know, most of the cast is relatively the same age. We were all different ages, so you know, there wasn't a lot of hanging out after work. But I mean you and Jesse were closer, but David was trying to hang out with Barry, but that never really worked out.
Speaker 1: It never worked out for me, no, I mean looking at how old you guys were when you started the show. I mean, so let me know if I have this right. David you were eleven years old, Beverly you were fifteen, and McKenzie you were six years old when you started seventh seven. Yeah, that is so like the concept of like being I mean, I cannot imagine being a child actor. It's just like such a wild way to spend those years, but like on such a big show, especially like what how did it feel when the show like really got big, Like, how did that feel to you? I mean, seeing yourself on TV?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Did that ever? Did you ever get used to that? I'm so curious.
Speaker 6: That's kind of all I knew.
Speaker 5: Like, honestly, I was on television before I knew how television worked, so like, it seems strange that kind of childhood seems strange to you, but to me, it's like perfectly normal. And you know, I don't know, but.
Speaker 6: It didn't really seem strange at all, honestly.
Speaker 5: And I had no really like idea of when the show was big or when it wasn't, because I was in my little bubble of.
Speaker 6: You know, juvenile whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: I started working on Seventh Heaven the year that I my family moved to California. I'm from New York and I started my career there, so so I had kind of built up a career already the prior few years. I had done some film and television and stuff, and so I was already kind of accustomed to the kind of life of a child actor and was just very happy that, you know, our my family's big, risky move across the country to plant me in the city where you know, I could possibly take this and run with it, you know, for the rest of my life paid off in a serious way. And so, you know, I tell people all the time, like I was a set kid. I grew up on sets. So like my childhood. A lot of people's childhood is filled with memories of school because that's where you spend you know, ninety percent of your social time and energy. But ninety percent of my social time and energy was on sets with adults typically, So like most of my memories growing up are from sets, and then I have a few memories from school.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like a secondary thing.
Speaker 1: Guys, this is so much fun. We have so much more to get into in the world of Seventh Heaven. Stick around for me, Okay, we just gotta we gotta press plan some commercials. This is part of the job. This is how we make money. So everyone at home please listen. Maybe there's some goods and services you like. Who knows. Stick around. We'll be right back. It's I smell pop culture. We are here with Beverly, David and Mackenzie. They are the Camden children from Seventh Heaven. They're hanging out with us. Where'd you Guys film Seventh Heaven. Where was that shot?
Speaker 2: We were in Santa Monica.
Speaker 7: Wow, in an old warehouse that was you could hear the planes from Santa Monica Airport. And we definitely had leaks in the roof where we trash cans out to catch water.
Speaker 2: So we were not on a fancy lots. We didn't know, not at all yet, but you know what it was home.
Speaker 5: The privacy was nice though. I mean we kind of had our own compound.
Speaker 3: We were in our own world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we had you know, we had a big outdoor kind of parking lot back lot area that they over the years they made the most out of for sure, like that they had built. Like by the end, we had our backyard set kind of behind the parking lot. We had all of our trailers for schooling and our private trailers.
Speaker 3: Then we had a full promenade set.
Speaker 4: Which we used for years that they completely custom built, like between where we ate lunch and where the offices were. Like, so every every space that we had eventually just got turned out for the show in one way or another. And then we had we had two big interior spaces, our A and B stage. So not only was our full house set on our sound stage, but we also had our school set, the hospital set, other homes they would throw up when they needed, we had the room for that. We had the pool hall. Like different locations that we would frequent, they just would put it right on our sound stage. So oftentimes we were just in our space, you know. And only in the first few years did we really spend you know, a decent portion of our time on location. Really, in the end, everything had come into our space.
Speaker 2: So the only place that never we never built was the church.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: The church was our one mainstay location that we always went to shoot in in North Hollywood.
Speaker 6: We did have Sea Stage also later on.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Well, at some point in the end game, we kind of outgrew our sound stage with how many locations we were regularly using, so then we ended up getting another. Yeah, and how many children and home sets we needed and things for everyone who was growing up on the show.
Speaker 6: We stopped it so many was Sea Stage where the Kinkirks lived.
Speaker 1: It was right, yes, and so, and that was on the compound too, The Sea stage you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It was a separate place in Culver City.
Speaker 3: I was in Culver City, yet it wasn't too far away though.
Speaker 1: That's so awesome that you just have this like seventh Heaven, Like, uh, did you have like a fun name for it. It's like this compound you were you were in in Santa Monica, was was it called? Like, I don't know, wasn't you call it Heaven?
Speaker 3: I mean, I just know it was just it was just the set, like it was our set.
Speaker 4: But it was like so many people were like, oh, yeah, where do you guys film?
Speaker 3: You guys over at Warner Brothers.
Speaker 4: Are you guys down at the but and We're like, no, we're just we're in Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: Just you know, like you weren't just down the road from Buffy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had one neighbor that was.
Speaker 7: Buffy had one neighbor which is Buffy, and we were when we started hearing about their hours, we were very happy to stay on our stage with Arch, with our row because we were we didn't work. They're what they put in was and are set so much easier.
Speaker 6: Let's face it, there aren't many daytime vampires though, you know. Yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Know you're signing up for when you enter the world of the bloodsuckers, you know, yeah, and I do want to point out this church you guys mentioned in North Hollywood is the same church from the Office, so any Office fans out there.
Speaker 2: It's also Young Sheldon.
Speaker 1: I believe this is a very famous church, a.
Speaker 2: Very very popular church.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well it's it's one of the.
Speaker 4: Largest traditional looking churches that is that is in kind of the North Hollywood area.
Speaker 3: And uh and.
Speaker 4: So obviously a lot of places shoot there, so much so actually we recently went and visited it, and they have like light rigging setups permanently in the in the ceiling area of the all around the building, so like because so many studios come in and out to shoot, they just have rigging ready at all times.
Speaker 6: Wow, here, please don't break our stuff attached to this.
Speaker 1: Such a such a Hollywood church thing to do, that's exactly.
Speaker 4: But if that's any indication of how often it's used, you know, they were so nice.
Speaker 6: When we went to visit, though. I enjoy that.
Speaker 1: I mean that must be fun for like the people that are working there now, like like knowing that you have this like famous church and like, oh my god, the Seventh Heaven people are coming back. That's gotta be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, no, one who or maybe I think one person was there who was still there from from the time we were there, but most everyone who was you know in the facility there, you know, working, was not there when we were there. So so it was kind of like, you know, this his historical thing about the building that was coming back for the day.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: So Seventh Heaven premieres in nineteen ninety six, and then Gilmore Girls was just a few years later, also on thewwbright any opportunity to say that, I will take do you guys, do you remember like when Gilmore Girls came, like when it came out, did you feel like competition or anything like that. I'm curious what the show, the WB shows how you felt about each other during that time.
Speaker 7: I we loved all the new shows because it was like more people to get to meet and be friends with. And I don't I guess I don't think our show ever felt competition because we also knew we were our own little we were our own little engine, like we were we were, to be honest, the show that no one ever thought was gonna make it. So every year we were all kind of like, well we might hopefully I'll see it next year. But like we never knew, so we always just kind of were just happy to be there and we were proud to be a part of everything. But I don't know, I guess I never felt any competition like amongst any of the shows or the actors. I think we were all just excited to hang out and proud and excited that people are making their dreams come true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I agree we were such a unique show on the WB as a network. I think all of the competition really was among the other you know, sexy shows that were doing that thing, and so that was not something any of us ever felt threatened by or that we needed to worry about it. We knew that we were kind of we were the odd egg, you know, among the shows. So having Gilmore Girls come out, which was another flavor of family drama, was welcome, you know, welcome to us because it it maybe made our show feel less out of place, you know. And I don't think Gilmore Girls was just like us in any serious way, but but because it it had a kind of like that family underpinning to it, maybe it did some heavy lifting bridging the gap between us and some of the other shows on the network.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, no, absolutely, it makes a lot of sense. So you guys ran for eleven seasons, did you you said, like you kept wondering, like is this the end or the like? Did you feel like we do the entire run every year?
Speaker 3: We said by every year like we weren't coming back. It was a joke. At some point.
Speaker 4: It was like a we there was no year where we knew for sure we were coming back first of all, like but at some point through the middle run, we knew we were pretty safe, you know, but still we you know, at that point it was already kind of a running joke where we were just like, all right, bye, maybe i'll see.
Speaker 3: You next year.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been fun, you know, And and we just did that every year as you know that that just got like I said, it became our you know, our running joke. At the end of the season, we just all said bye, like it was over and uh and then it wasn't. And even when they said it was over, because there was a few times where they said like, yeah, we were probably not coming back next year, and then we would so like that also yeah multiple.
Speaker 7: Times, and I think like yeah, probably, Yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Was a lot definitely definitely eleven we didn't think was happening. Yeah, yeah, that is the most It's right.
Speaker 1: It's so wild to think about because it's like it's one of those like I don't want to I don't want to blow too much smoke up your ass, but like Seventh Heaven is one of those shows that's like like legendary, uh TV dramas, you know, like like it's everyone has seen Seventh Heaven. Everyone's at least like it was just always my house was just always on Like I remember, like I just walked into a room in Seventh Heaven was just on TV like and uh, it's beloved. Everyone loves it. I want to ask about how you look at it now in the future, but first we have to take a commercial break really quick. Stick around everybody, it's I Smell pop Culture. It is I Smell pop culture. My name is Easton Allen. I'm hanging out here with Mackenzie, Beverly David from Seventh Heaven and they have a podcast, Catching Up with the Camdens. It's on iHeartRadio. You can get it wherever you listen to podcasts. You guys are rewatching the show, how like I hear from so many people that were on television shows like in the nineties, and they say like, oh, I never watched it at all, Like this is our first time if doing a rewatch podcast or somebody is your first time? Is that the case for you guys? Had you seen it before before you do the podcast.
Speaker 6: Part parts of it?
Speaker 7: I'd seen some episodes, like I think definitely at the beginning, I was, you know, definitely, because I was like fifteen, I definitely aired a lot, so I got I was watching, and we all know.
Speaker 2: That David hadn't watched.
Speaker 7: So this has all been like a brand new beginning.
Speaker 4: Like Beverly, I did watch the show through the first season, mostly because you know, my family was very excited about it. But oftentimes I would come back from set and the show would be on, you know, my family would be watching it.
Speaker 3: When I got home.
Speaker 4: I typically had to drive, you know to get home, so it was, you know, i'd get home, the show would be halfway through or whatever, and then through the at some point I fell off watching it, you know, and so I I when we get to the you know, the next few seasons, I'm definitely gonna not remember too much about the speci civis of the episodes, but through the first season, maybe first two seasons, I definitely watched a good majority of it with my family.
Speaker 1: And so are you rewatching it as adults and in like twenty twenty five, I mean, how has it been? Has this been a fun experience? Is it? Is it making? Is it uncomfortable?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: How is it for you guys watching yourselves that young especially, it's a little bit of all of.
Speaker 3: It, you know, it's I think it's been.
Speaker 4: I've been I could say personally, I've been pleasantly surprised watching it quite a few times with how how well I think some of it has aged. Some of our key moments and episodes I think have aged phenomenally well for how old they were and for my you know, loose memories of them where I was worried about it, and then you know, and then obviously there's other moments that have not aged that well, and and we get to laugh about that stuff too, you know, like it's funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like this hair episode, Yeah, one of the best, Yeah, one of your best.
Speaker 3: I mean that's.
Speaker 4: Something I had completely forgotten about. And then when we rewatched it and I was like, oh god, I can't like it all came back like at once where I was like, and I didn't remember the episode so much as I remember just my my embarrassment of like them trying to explain to me that, like I like this girl, so I was gonna smell her hair, and I was like, that is the creepiest, Like even at eleven, I was like, that is creep You can't do that, you know.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, there was.
Speaker 4: I think so overall, I've been pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 7: But I think it's fun too, because I mean it's fun and the fact that we're like watching some of these very awkward moments that were like on national television, but there's also some there's sweetness to it, and there's like that vulnerabil that we like shared with the world, but like now that we're all parents and we're all kind of looking at it through these different eyes being like, oh my goodness, like is this what are some of.
Speaker 2: Our future conversations are going to be about?
Speaker 7: Like, but it it's I think it's been fun, and it's also fun to see us all as babies.
Speaker 9: Man, Like, yeah, it's like watching home videos honestly exactly, but they're you know, better lit exactly.
Speaker 1: That's so cool to have these like, yeah, these professionally shot home movies basically of yourself.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, like we.
Speaker 5: Don't need any evidence of our childhoods. It's like right there, immortalized forever, for.
Speaker 6: The good or the bad.
Speaker 5: Actually, but honestly, like, rewatching it for me has been really cool because I was so young when these first seasons were on, Like literally everything was over my head figuratively and literally. But I'm just really really impressed with the quality of the writing and the acting.
Speaker 6: Like we've all.
Speaker 5: Been voting Catherine like m VP of virtually every episode, well not everyone, but most of them, And so it's kind of like seeing a brand new show with brand new with new eyes for me at least, because I definitely didn't. I mean it was on like after an hour after my bedtime for basically the whole time it was on.
Speaker 1: Something that like I hear from For example, the people from Boy Meets World talk about like when they got to a certain age, the writers were using things from their real life to influence the show. Did that happen for you guys? Did that? Did that happen on Seventh Heaven?
Speaker 2: It did for it did for Lucy for sure.
Speaker 7: In the first season of shooting Seventh Heaven, right after we app one of my friends passed away in a car accident and they actually ended up. Brenda talked to me and asked me if we could make it into an episode, which we ended up doing, which was nothing in Doors but change, And they definitely took cues from what we were experiencing in life and definitely put it, you know, into the stories. That's where it was also for us especially, I think for especially the kids on the show, the connection between where our character characters ended.
Speaker 2: And where we began was sometimes muddied.
Speaker 7: So it's funny because a lot of people are like, are you like Lucy, And I'm like, no, yes, a lot like you know, I think there is. But I think that's also because as Brenda got to know us better, she wrote a lot of our personalities and our quirks, like Lucy was always talking fast and she talked a lot and choose a bit bossy.
Speaker 2: Those are all kind of qualities that you know, I may or may not have.
Speaker 6: I definitely think too, especially when when you when you're writing a show with that many characters, you can only have each character so fleshed out when you start, like the it's definitely going to be discover as you go for writing, I would think, given, I mean, there are so many people too in it, and they're young, and like, how are they going to evolve? What are they going to turn into? Because writing an.
Speaker 5: Adult, yeah, they could be the same relatively the same person for three five, seven seasons, but a kid is going to be substantially different.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And so you guys are doing the like you've done nineties con You've done these conventions and stuff and like met fans and I mean even like rules that aren't like your show was on for so long and there's so much of you in these characters. I mean, is it weird to me? Fans? And then they kind of they have a hard time separating, like treating you like the character. That must happen a lot of these things, right or I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Do think that there's obviously they've grown up with us a certain way. So yes, there's this assumption that we're very much like our characters, and I think in a lot of ways we are, So I don't think it's I don't think it's as weird. I think, if anything, the I think the comments that all of us often get is how like if you see us out in the wild, people think like that they've.
Speaker 2: Like either grown up with us, that they went to high school.
Speaker 7: There, and they always throw you in this awkward position where you're like, no, I promise you I did not go to your high school. When you went to my prom with my cousin, I'm like, I did not go to problem with your cousin. It's just that familiar face. But it's also because our show was not you know, we were in their homes and we felt like family to them. So I think often what we find at like nineties con is like people truly feeling like we helped them through.
Speaker 2: Their darkest days.
Speaker 7: We were there through you know, death of their grandparents or whatever they're going through, Like their connection to us is much deeper, and it's a very to be honest, we feel honored that they gave us this opportunity because, to be honest, like without any of the fans, without anybody watching our show, never would have made it those eleven years, and we wouldn't be doing this podcast because no one would want to listen. So we are eternally grateful for all everybody's support through the years, right, what.
Speaker 1: A special thing to like like a special way to be part of people's lives too. I think about that a lot. It's uh because again, like I'm sure people could back and rewatch Seventh Heavens. It's a comforting show, not unlike Gilmore Girls. Like as you're rewatching the podcast or sorry, the show for the podcast, like the fans are probably watching along with you, right, are you like hearing from fans that are following along.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so people in our audience will we'll rewatch the episode that we're discussing.
Speaker 3: We don't do the rewatch on the pod.
Speaker 4: We usually we'll rewatch it like on our private time, and then we come together to discuss the episode and and and try to flesh out what it is that we may or may not remember from that episode, if anything. You know, which is which is kind of different depending on you know, obviously we have our show always had probably two tent pole episodes per season. You know that we're like a bigger deal than the other episodes. You know, we did a lot of those like very special Seventh heaven events kind of thing, you know, And so you know, our memories about specific episodes.
Speaker 3: Kind of wane a little bit, you know, as we go through.
Speaker 4: But but I definitely have that experience with with fans from the pot that there's I think all actors, but particularly actors who are known for specific things. You can you can kind of think of your fans as two distinct groups. You have the fans of like the thing, so the thing you're known for, and that's what they love. And so in that way, those fans are really coming to see the character that they love, you know, like those are fans of Simon, those are fans of the family, those are Seventh Heaven fans, you know, as opposed to fans who like maybe a couple of things that you're in, who follow your work across different things, and and so then in that case they're because they've seen you and different skins, so to speak, they kind of are are more they peer through the veil a little bit more, you know. But but you get both of those experiences when you when you interface with fans at the cons. And it's where I think, again, we're really lucky because of the nature of our show. We have such a wholesome and happy fan base. You know that they grew up on our show and and took that a lot of value from it, and so that, you know, that makes our interactions really trend positive.
Speaker 1: You know that's great, Like, yeah, you're not gonna have like too many like rowdy Seventh Heaven fans.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly right, technically.
Speaker 1: So there's a Seventh Heaven reboot. I just saw that that's been announced. Are you guys involved at all? What can you tell me about this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, not, okay, we knew.
Speaker 3: It existed, but that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. So, uh, if if you were to if you guys were to do a reboot and like like or continue the story, is that something you'd be interested in doing? Would you want to play those characters again? Are there more stories to tell? What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's something that was floated at different points in over the years, So I think we've all kind of considered that question, you know before.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I think the reason.
Speaker 4: Why they're they're doing it the way that they're doing it is because it's been so long and at this point, I think really they want to take the the heart of the show, like the kind of the mission of the of our show to uh, to explore you know, kind of family and social values in a family context and just modernize it, you know what I mean, just really kind of take that mission and and do the you know whatever that whatever the twenty twenty five version of that is, which admittedly should look very different, you know, than than than how our show looked back in ninety six. So, you know, I think it's probably at this point the right decision, you know, for for bringing back you know, uh, the Seventh Heaven brand, so to speak.
Speaker 1: I know that. I mean that sounds great, and I'm whatever this reboot ends up being, you know, we're excited about it. But if people want to relive the show with with you guys with the Camdens, they should be catching up with the Camdens. Is that every week? Is that coming up?
Speaker 2: We're every other week? We're uh yeah, we're every other week because that's what we can manage right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 3: We are as often as we can be at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Before I let you guys go, I do want to, like, we're gonna step into Luke's Diner here for a second, are you any of you guys coffee drinkers. Do you guys like to drink coffee? Yes? Okay, well okay, let's let's go around the room here. How do you each take your coffee? I'm writing this down.
Speaker 4: I drink oat milk lattes with sugar free vanilla, and we make them at home. We have a little espresso machine and so we make our own coffee.
Speaker 3: Seana and I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm an oat vanilla latte as well.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 6: I'm just a latte, although I've been making cold brew iced coffees with oat milk recently, but normally it's regular milk and hot coffee or espresso, no sweetener.
Speaker 2: Mac likes it.
Speaker 3: Just Mac is sweet enough.
Speaker 7: Yes, she already has in our coffee.
Speaker 1: You guys rule so much. Thank you again for taking the time to do this. It's been so great getting to know you and again catching up with the Camden's. Listen to their podcast everybody, It's so much fun, and thanks again thanks for being part of Seventh Heaven. Also, just as a fan, Wait.
Speaker 6: What's coffee order? I want to know what your coffee is?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well get this black hot and black.
Speaker 3: Old school.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I'm a badass.
Speaker 3: You know that is that is pretty bad.
Speaker 6: Ass, exactly what I would have guessed.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks again, you guys so much. This has been so much fun.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me, Thanks very much for inviting us.
Speaker 1: Everybody, and don't forget follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com