Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast. Hi ladies, Hi, how we all feeling today? We're good? How are you? You know? Where do we even begin? Oh? I love it when you're I will say this. I'm a group chat last night.
Speaker 2: The group chats are not allowed anymore. We had big talk at school. I'll get to that, okay, yeah, but anyways, so I've got a big thing on group chats in school.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, So don't start there or there, I'm going to start there, go for it.
Speaker 1: No, just chat. I've been pinning a lot of things, right because I I'll always say, oh, that would be a really good topic, and then I forget. So I've been writing more down as time goes on, and I'm not I'm not eager, and none of the all the pins are not like timely, so we can do them whenever. But it was funny because I always, like, I always get a little intrigued when Kramer comes on and says, oh, well that'll go good with my wine. Oh, and I'm like, oh, we already have a wine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, but let's start hold it, Let's hold it. Let's start with a bit of a chatty chat. Why I think you warned me about fifth grade?
Speaker 1: Oh? I feel like I have?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 3: I feel like we've talked about fifth grade on here. Back me up, guys if I haven't said.
Speaker 2: I know it all change, yeah, like changes, right, But the emotion behind it is you really got me?
Speaker 3: Oh No, I didn't warn you about that. No, I don't know, like you were for jolly, but I thought you mean no?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah? Yeah? Sorry? No? Did did you?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Did you feel? Listen?
Speaker 2: Can I just start this entire podcast off with I'm due to start any day my period. Okay, so usually the week leading up to it, and I'm going to go into that with my wine, all right, but let me just say I'm already emotional, right, but wow, I just did not The night before going in fifth grade is just like she's so old, yeah to her last year at the school. And then we're at the meet the parent orientation night, right, and they're giving us the calendar for the year and they're like, okay, and this is the day that we do the walk through, the final walkthrough, and I'm just like welling with tears.
Speaker 1: Like like no birds right now, like orientation, but this is like so sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a while for me for that first one, So I don't I don't really remember. I don't know that I have really gotten super emotional on that week back to school. It's usually specific things like I will absolutely be crying at football or you know.
Speaker 2: It's like, so that's when I started thinking about you, because I'm like, man, she's got a fifth grader and then she's got a senior.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, that's when I texted you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, well check because I'm not well and I can imagine how you're doing. So I'm like if because I always say when you when you're focused on your pain, go to someone else that might have a little bit more like also happening, you know. And so I'm like, all right, well, she's got fifth and senior, so like she's got to be feeling something.
Speaker 1: You know. I haven't cried about it. I haven't.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's definitely hitting me, but I think it's so also busy that it keeps me kind of like especially seeing I have a checklist of the things I have to do for senior year, and so I'm so busy like making sure I've got hit these deadlines and done the things that it hasn't really like fully.
Speaker 1: Hit me yet.
Speaker 3: But I think also taking another kid to high school, I was like, that's where I was kind of like, holy shit, I'm.
Speaker 1: Old, right, like getting it like they're old. I have two kids in high school. I will say this, I really do think having the toddler for me is like anchoring me back a little, like it's making it not feel like because I because they're still this itty bitty right right right right, but loves I noticed it. Let's all try not to weep on this podcast. Stay tuned. I noticed it. I was doing laundry the other day and she just was saying something, but like her voice is changing differently, and I it just is, I'm like she's and she is also a very petite human, Like she's very little. So that's another reason I don't think like Legend is now almost as tall as her. They're almost three years apart, and he outweighs her, so I notice it more with him, honestly, Like I feel like, because of her stature, I just kind of assume she's stay little forever. But she hit this grossper and all of a sudden things aren't fitting and then the voice and then there's bigger questions coming my way. And I'm like, so I think that's the thing for impact.
Speaker 3: Also part of it with the girl, you know, guy boys hit puberty later, so that fifth grade year doesn't also come with a lot of changes. I mean, this fifth grade is where you will start seeing kids that have already hit puberty or hitting puberty, who are really growing or starting to get boobs like all these things that doesn't really hit for boys yet. That happens so much later. So I do think it hits a little bit differ friendly with girls. And then like you know, drama comes, you know, So it's a lot. But having that first going into fifth I feel fore y'all because that is it's the last of elementary school. Like that's not easy. I get it, you know, but it's it's been a while since I've been.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, and I think too it being the girl part of things too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apart for some reason, again, it just it all hits differently and in different way.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, she's wearing a training brush shaving her legs.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it was like we just had like the most cute summer ever and all of a sudden, you just like within two months you you are a different little girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it feels fast. And I think too, because we're all female, like we remember I remember fourth and fifth grade. Yeah, and you start to remember, like I'm going, oh, Kristen, like I'm going back in the memory banks, like what did I do when I had a crush? What were my sex questions? What were I you know, like people are starting their period, I know, like we packed her little thing for her backpack and like just in case, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's a lot. That fifth grade year is a lot, for sure. I know, seem big.
Speaker 1: It's just very and I get it, like they're ten, It's okay, we've got time. But there is so much change so quick if it.
Speaker 3: Comes after and not to but after elementary school is when it just and they say it, but it's just like I mean, it just goes so fast that middle school in high school years or just for so fast.
Speaker 1: Well even when you texted the other day that you were doing a college visit and I was holding my phone and Preston goes you okay, and I go, I I am I think kat Is, But I was like, this is wild, I said, Kat and Nickleck have a they have a senior.
Speaker 3: It's so weird because I'm so excited for him. Yeah, and so like the emotion of it hasn't hit me yet, like because like he is ready for college, Like he just is ready.
Speaker 1: It's going to be great.
Speaker 3: Done mom, which I do have to say though, I really have to tell you all a funny story real fast about college stuff. So long story short, he's already August first is kind of when you can start applying for colleges. So he's he applied for four different colleges. He already decided one of them he didn't want to do, so we didn't pay for it.
Speaker 1: You can like apply and then pay.
Speaker 3: Well two of them obviously, so one of them is kind of an out there.
Speaker 1: We brought it up to Nick months.
Speaker 2: Ago, Wyoming or some Montana Montana, that's right, Okay, Well he brings it back up because he had just gone out west with the church thing.
Speaker 1: He loves out west. He loves national parks.
Speaker 3: See him that, I know, it's like he would go to like he would go on a road trip just do national parks, like he loves this stuff, right, So he kind of brings it up, and I'm like, well, just apply, it doesn't hurt. He's like, I kind of want to apply, right, So we don't tell Nick that we're applying because he's very much against.
Speaker 1: He's he's going to be listening to us. He doesn't Nick knows. I know.
Speaker 3: That's whine I decided. I was just I'll tell it here. He can't kill me if it's on.
Speaker 1: The tape, and sit down. We have something we'd like to talk to you about.
Speaker 3: So, like one, Kate and I are on the couch and we're like, we need to pay for all these because you can apply and then you have to pay, and like kept walking by and I'm like trying to like like hide the computer because moa.
Speaker 1: State is like you have to pay for even if you don't go in anywhere from like thirt yet to apply.
Speaker 3: That's crazy what some of them are free, but they are anywhere between like thirty and they can be more. The ones we did were between like thirty dollars and eighty dollars. Okay, not terrible, but if you do a ton of schools, you know, so I'm like paying for it whatever well.
Speaker 1: Shows up on the credit card bill Monty State that I did actually, but he didn't say anything about that.
Speaker 3: But you know, as far as he knows, he's pretty much taking care of all of this on his own.
Speaker 1: I mean he's applying. I just like helped him pay for it or whatever.
Speaker 3: So fast forward days and I mean days, Okay, I get an email that it's like, congratulations, you've been admitted to Montana State, which I think this is going to take weeks, right, y'all.
Speaker 1: So I tell Caten knows, like, congratulations, you got you know whatever. So he got accepted.
Speaker 3: He got accepted to Montana State. Within like it's relatively easy to get in. He has a really good GPA, you know whatever. You still have to do some things and turn things in, but like, yeah, he got accepted in like days, right, so it just feels like this is a.
Speaker 1: Bigger deal with like then right now, no hold on.
Speaker 3: So I'm like in the shower like the next day, and I hear them kind of taking talking about college about know what they're talking about, and then they disperse and then I go outside.
Speaker 1: He's in the garage.
Speaker 3: He likes to get a popsicle and like sit outside in the garage all the time.
Speaker 1: Kayden. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I went out there and I was like, so, at what point are you going to tell dad about Montana State? And he goes, oh, he knows, and I was like, what do you mean he knows? He goes, I don't know. I was just in the kitchen and he goes, congratulations for getting accepted to Montana State. And I was like, how does he know, Kayden? He goes, I don't know. I didn't tell him. I I don't know. I didn't tell him.
Speaker 1: So we're sitting there, but I guess he got an email also that said that he was admitted to Montana State. So anyways he was, he was, I don't know that he knows. The party doesn't know? Is that I knew the whole time? Now he knows now again. I just want to give a shout out to Nick.
Speaker 3: So anyway, long story short, he's got his first acceptance.
Speaker 1: We kept it from him. I don't know if we'll go there, but so do you go visited? He asked how he got accepted, Like, you know, he hasn't asked me anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I don't think, like, well, how did you get accepted if you didn't?
Speaker 3: Well, he figured out that he applied. He's like, well, I just applied for it, and he wasn't like mad that he had. I don't know that he knew that. I knew that he had applied for it, but he told me he was or he told him. He's like, I'll pay for you to go to college there, but I won't pay for you to come back every six months. Like his point is you're never coming home because it's so far. You know, that's his why he doesn't want him to go there, because it's just so far and he's just not.
Speaker 1: Ready for it. But anyway, he got his first college acceptance.
Speaker 2: Isn't that tough when you because that's a that's a nick thing, yeah, you know what I mean, And like that would be a nus thing too, like it's going to be hard. But at the same time, and shoot, I mean I went far. I went to Cali, and you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Far with it.
Speaker 3: I'm I didn't go far and I regret it, and so I think that's a lot of why. I'm just like, wherever you want to get spread.
Speaker 2: My mom that's how she was too, Like she regretted not doing what she wanted to do, so she's like.
Speaker 1: Go live. Yeah, yeah, I stay closed back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then as soon as college was over, I was out, Well, Nick is like, what are you going to do if like your car breaks down and you know, I can't get to you. I'm like, but you can't really get to him in Alabama. I mean, it still takes a while I get you to get a fight and all the things.
Speaker 1: But I'm also like, yeah, he'll figure it out. So he's just not ready. But anyway, so do you a visit?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: When do you visit?
Speaker 3: I need to We're going to see if he's like seriously wants to go. I don't think he'll go there. I think he just wanted it as an option if he decided he because you kind of have to go ahead, you know, you have to apply, you know. I don't think he'll end up going there, but I've brought it up going to visit. We were going to go visit before and then he took off his list.
Speaker 1: I had the moment where we play back this clip and your Montana's Stay shirts in the mountain in the back. I have a picture. He got it, like, I'm going to I think it's great.
Speaker 3: I think it's amazing. Having said that it is miserably cold.
Speaker 1: In the winters, but it's it's a long winter, and so I will say, and we're going in July. And it was like, do you really want that? You know that's the only so we'll see.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I love is his girlfriend a part of the equation. No love that we have talked about it. She might not like that to hear that, but.
Speaker 2: But I think it's hard when people are eighteen they think that. I literally thought my high school boyfriend was the only man I would ever be with my entire life.
Speaker 1: No one could tell me otherwise.
Speaker 2: And it's like, it's so hard when people start to make decisions based on where their boyfriend or girlfriend is and not it's like, no, you have a whole entire universe, not saying this person might not be your person, but also like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just live. We've talked about it a lot.
Speaker 3: He even considered the school she is more than likely going to, Okay, and he won't consider it for that reason.
Speaker 1: Wow, he just he's like, I'm not raising it on Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you imagine going to college for a girl and then breaking up and then oh that's just I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's all the Emily Giffen books I read, you know, like, so no, not an equation. So I have a question. It kind of spins off of this table if we want to. But since we're sort of on the subject, I want to know how you feel about girlfriends and boyfriends and family photos in family photos, like if you're taking a trip. Because to your point, right, like we all think at eighteen, we're going to marry him, Like I thought I would be missus Joshua forever, you know, and I and I remember like and again a different time, right, we all had to take the picture, wait weeks, go back to wherever Meyer or wherever and develop the pictures.
Speaker 2: But I so which by the way, I got this message, uh uh this package in the mail and it was a camera, like one of those cameras we used to do dispose of a camera. And Jeli's like, what's this. I'm like, well, this is a camera like the mom used to have. I remember on senior night, like you know, you take the pictures. And then she's like, well, then how do you see the pictures? I go, well, you don't see the pictures. So she's like, well, what if you don't like the photos like it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: I got photos of my friends are like they're like eyes closed.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, well, then how do you get the photos? I go, well, you go to Walmart or CBS or wherever you'd go get the pictures printed. And she's like it was like, that's so the most confusing thing to her.
Speaker 1: She's like, what to those photos?
Speaker 2: Seldom to the old days, honey, anyway, so you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so then cropping people out right was you couldn't no photo eraser, No, there was no like awkward. Yeah, so it's just interesting. We I won't go like too far in, but there's like a person that's gonna try to be added into the mix and our family, and it's a little tumultuous, and so I am always I always kind of like guard the family photo, which I know everyone's not shocking, because I feel like I come across as such a bee on here all the time. I just do. And I'm such a kind person. I just wish people knew that I'm so freaking nice. I mean, I really am. Because you're really not allowed in the photo. You're not married, get out of here.
Speaker 2: But even if you are married, like you got a white erase, a few things my grandparents home.
Speaker 1: Right. Yes, it's tricky. So I just wonder when you're like paying for these vacations a boyfriend's girlfriends go, or if you have family coming in out of town, whatever the case may be, like, do you take the photo with everyone we know is the family and then we add the kickstands Because I a girlfriend of mine has been going through something where this girl keeps putting herself in the photo all the time of her it's her son's girlfriend, and every time they like family picture homegirl just puts herself right in and she's like, I don't love it, but I don't want to. I don't want to hurt her feelings.
Speaker 3: I mean, we just so far, like if we do all of this, I'll just have her take it and then I'll like put all the way to do it together. But like she respects it, like she doesn't. Yeah, so we haven't done one big like family. But I can remember being a girlfriend at the family function where I was not allowed in the photo and I was like, well, this is awkward.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I think there's like a little bit of both, and I like that. Oh, Cayden's girlfriend because I think there's a piece of what I like to see in those situations is awareness of being a girlfriend in that situation. So we you know, we've there's a situation right where it's like when someone doesn't have the awareness like hey, do y'all just want one? Or yeah, you know, or like letting the family have it and just like thinking they're in it, right and that's fine. It's like, I'll never make anyone feel out of play. So what I'll always do is be like, and I didn't do it at one point, and I look back now and go, oh boy, because now what happens if they break up? And now that family photo then can't really be used.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So but most times I'll always try to make someone feel comfee like hey, let's all do one group photo, okay, and now just the just the fam. So then you've got because I think that that you make him both feel comfortable. But I like it when someone I was always aware of that I was I was like, let me take it, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't like it helps when they're not like forcing themselves into it.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, one hundred percent. And then also, yeah, I think having them be a part of one photo because I mean, listen, my grandma still has a couple family photos that have an ex boyfriend in them, yeah, or an ex husband, And I'm like, well, that's a bummer, and obviously you can separate a husband out of the photo, like that's but like when it comes to the boyfriend, like we don't need to see yeah, you know who in a because he was just a boyfriend, Like why is he in that group?
Speaker 1: I know, that's what I'm saying. And my girlfriend is struggling. She still have it on her for to write.
Speaker 2: This is my husband and this is my ex wifefriend. Oh yeah, yeah, that's weird. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's just but then also they are a piece of the history. Yeah, the boyfriend. No.
Speaker 3: I mean I remember when my brother was getting married and he was getting married one month before me, a month and a half. At the wedding, my grandmother was not gonna let Nick in the photo. And then my dad was like, no, that's ridiculous, like we were engaged, but she's she was like, she's if you're just a boyfriend, if you're not married, you're not in the family photo.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of Grandma, I think I'm I'm a both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a way to do it, just as long as the girl's not like pushing herself into so that makes it awkward.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what that makes men want the person in the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what's happening here. And because this person is a little push here, and because she didn't nip it right at the beginning. Yeah. Now now it's like, let's take a selfie and cheek to chee. I can't edit no, like I lose half my face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Harry, Ladies ready to head to whine about it?
Speaker 1: Go for it? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm actually feeling quite well at the moment you start your favorite not yet.
Speaker 1: I mean I did are you day? And I feel like a different new Are you behind again or you just haven't started.
Speaker 2: It's like one of those where I'm on the flow app and it's like it most likely should start today.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So that's what it says today, but like, you know, a couple of days in therapy, a couple days ago, you know, so here okay, full transparency and like let me just be very this is really great for like my whole energy and where I've been. But y'all, it's been like it has become really dark before my period starts. Well it's still there unfortunately, that's okay, but it's been like really like really dark. And like when you say dark, is it like I will cry, Like I get really depressed.
Speaker 1: It's a depression sneaky, spiry like and really period. Yeah, And so I've been noticing that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okay, I don't feel this all the time, but like there is a and then an absolute shift right before my period, like the week before my period. Now, I've got some other personal things going on that might be adding to the weight of things I can I can see that, and I can you know, I can acknowledge that might be a piece of it where it's not like everything's not like hunky dory, right, So, got some like personal things walking through, but like there is also a point where I'm like I can't get my even with that piece, I still can't get myself out of the the that kind of like dark period before the period. And I've noticed it getting worse as I've gotten older, Like I just for me personally, and like the anger, the agitation, the all of that and so, and then it's like the moment my period starts, so like I'm going into therapy and I'm saying all these things, and like, you know, I said, in the while this thing is is probably a week from now, I would come in here and be like everything's great, like I feel good, like I feel, but I said there there needs to be some sort of like I'm like, and I've been trying to figure out what's been going on. So a couple months ago again as I'm like feeling these things, I've been trying to get in with my gynecologist for a very long time now, but the problem is that her calendar isn't isn't isn't open every time I call her, like, well, she hasn't opened her June calendar yet, and I'm like, okay, well I called in May and I had missed the opening for or I called in April and I missed the May window. So I've literally tried to call every single month, right, So at this point, I'm in my dark, darker stage the week before my period, feeling it again, so I call again, you know, to try to get on her August August calendar, even though it is in August, but she's like, she hasn't opened her September calendar. I was like, listen, I have been trying for months to get in, I said, I am at this point now. I'm so frustrated because every time that I try and call, I cannot get in to see the doctor.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I was like, is there any way that you could let me know when the calendar opens so that I don't miss an appointment, Like, so I can make an appointment because I really want to see the doctor, because like even if I want something to be prescribed, like Amy can't prescribe it, you know what I mean? Like I need to go see an actual doctor. Right. So she's like she's just like listen. She's like, I understand your frustration. And I was like, listen, I know this is not your fault. Like you can't control her calendar, I said, but like, girlfriend, like I need to get in like some I need to figure out like what is wrong, you know, and like wait.
Speaker 1: When a doctor would take you months and months and we'll wait for that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So so she's like Okay, She's like the problem is is she goes there are four hundred people trying to get in and so I'm like, cool.
Speaker 4: Thanks for your help, and I like hung the phone, and I'm like in those moments, I'm like, where is like the help for like anybody that's like asking for help?
Speaker 2: Right? So then I'm like, I'll just call my regular doctor. So I by the way, there's no even direct line to that thing. It's like you got to go through like the big Vanderbilt portal or whatever. So I'm like, you know, I go on there. I'm talking to like a third party operator to try I'm like, can I just get to the front office please, because i know like if I try to get to the front office then they'll like help.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So I'm at the you know, I'm talking to this lady. She's like I can't.
Speaker 2: She's like, we schedule all the appointments, and I'm like okay. I was like well, because then i start thinking, I'm like, you know what, maybe I do need to get on something to just like get me to like a point where I'm like okay, and then like I can wean myself off something, right, So us when the next appointment is a long time march.
Speaker 3: No, and this is for a regular doctor organ.
Speaker 1: No, like my regular doctor. So the OPG.
Speaker 2: I I can't even get an appointment to save my fucking life right March. So then I go into therapy yesterday and I'm like like, I'm okay, I'm okay, right, I get I get like probably when my period can start to be fine. And I'm even texting like Nate dog right, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Nate, something's off bed. Like I know you said my hormones are good. They ain't good like something. There is a real dip and it gets.
Speaker 1: Worse as I get older, for sure, like rage full, spirally, sad, all the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like I'm crying at Ted fucking Lasso, you know. I mean that was like something is off again. I understand I'm going through some personal things. This shouldn't be like doing it this much, you know, and so like I'm not able to control it that much or whatever. And so he's like, well, I'm unavailable from this time to this time, and and I'm just like fucking I can't. I can't get like, I can't get a break. And so that I'm in therapy yesterday and I'm like telling her all of this, and I was like, to the people that actually like are close to like, I haven't had intrusive thoughts. I've had dark thoughts, but not intrusive, not you know, anything like that. But to the people that do and feel like they've got no like.
Speaker 1: Dead end, you're actively and healthy looking for a solution.
Speaker 2: I am trying to find a solution. And here's the thing too with that. The last time that I felt this way was it was after I had roman and I had really bad postparum anxiety. There was no and then doctor was like, wellhy can prescribe you medicine. But it wasn't like a it was just like I'm just going to prescribe you something Like I'm like, where was there, Let's really look at a blood lab. Let's really figure this out. And so when I was telling her about this, I'm like, I feel for the person that is close to actually committing suicide or to and she's like, well, have you been following the Lindsay Clancy case And I was like yes, I said, but my biggest issue with all of that is everyone's like the system failed there, and I'm like, what fucking system?
Speaker 1: Right? There?
Speaker 2: Actually isn't a system, Like, there's none, and the part that and so I was kind of talking about this last night, and I apologized to my dad in advance for sharing this information, but I think it leads into this conversation which I'd love to talk about back in nineteen fifty. So I'm learning these things about we were just having a very open family talk about family emotions, feelings or whatever. And again, please Dad, don't come in this one. But I think it really leads into a really important topic. Back in nineteen fifty, apparently my great grandma had a nervous breakdown. They shocked her in Pontiac, Michigan. They gave her a lobotomy and shocked her. Like so this is nineteen fifty. Yeah, So I'm like and then I'm like thinking about this last night. I'm like so deep into the Lindsay Clancy thing that I'm like because I'm like, what she did. I mean, it's it's horrific, like absolutely horrific. I think there are sick people. Well, I mean, I'll get into all that thing, but I mean I'm just like, there has never been a system, and then what is what is the like how do you even change that? I don't even know the answer because I'm like, I don't think there's any help for women postpartum. I think they'll either just give you a prescription, but they're not actually there to help you. There's no you guys. Last night, I am on my flow chat an AI chat to be like, what I fuck is wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Why do I feel this way? Because I'm nobody else to ask and nothing app I know. Part of the reason that I work in that space with women is like on the nonprofit side, is because there's women here in Nashville that have like finally gone enough is enough, and they've created these spaces where it's you know, health health, mental health care around women's needs, which is like postpartum or loss in fertility.
Speaker 4: Albody even talks about it like that's the thing, Like they just prescribe someone, you know what I mean, or they're not like admitting people she called the hotline saying and they're like no, like oh my god.
Speaker 1: But even if they're prescribing, there should be also a mental health.
Speaker 3: Advocate on the other side, And I think she saw several psychologists. I guess its psychiatrists are medicines, all the different medicines, which is there's no checks and balances with that. So even if you were to be able to get in with someone. You know, they're still not digging in this, and you could go to another doctor and you can get another one if you want, and you can go to another doctor.
Speaker 1: You can you start that medicine, but you've got like a you've got a solid month and a half before it even starts to you start to feeling different. Yeah, I mean, it's not.
Speaker 3: And a lot of these medicines also create suicidal thoughts. So you've got this depression over here, whatever it is. And then this is also causing problems, and you've got hallucination, you know, all these things that can come with all these medicines.
Speaker 1: And you're sleep deprived. Yeah, typically im postpartum.
Speaker 3: Which I mean, there's so much to talk about on that case, but I think that that, to me is the most important part of that case and paying attention to that.
Speaker 1: Whether she did it or her husband did it, or you didn't. She admit that she did do it.
Speaker 3: She did, but now with all the evidence coming out on the daily, a lot of people there's a lot of questions not answered. A lot of people think he basically convinced her that she did it, but put that aside because who knows.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's like a million theories and people driving like this only took three minutes when it was a twenty minute. He said yeah, and she said he did it, but the guy's like, she's was inaudible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so so much back and forth. But I think the most important thing to think about that is that is that she asked for help, She was seeing people for help.
Speaker 1: She was on all of these drugs.
Speaker 3: So whether she did it or not, like that, to me, someone has to pay for this, obviously. I think that there's multiple people that should have to pay for this if she did it, obviously her the healthcare system in some way which they will not, and her husband, because even if he didn't do it, he allowed her to be alone with those kids. I think that he is also responsible and that if he was aware that she was having these thoughts, which apparently he was, he also should be held accountable.
Speaker 1: In my eyes, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know how you hold you. I don't know that we can ever hold the healthcare system, though accountable, accountable for these things, you know, and so.
Speaker 1: Oh wi, that's a huge I mean I can't even start with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I dealt with this with my mom, who was prescribed pills by every doctor in the state, you know. I mean, it's like all you got to do is go to different doctors, they'll give you the pills, and it's it reminds me a lot of that, which is a whole other topic, but you know, it's I'm sorry that you're having to deal with what you're having to deal with and not being able to get in with.
Speaker 1: Which is so interesting too.
Speaker 3: Because sorry, I'm going off on all these tangents, but you know, here in the US, it's not really supposed to be that way because we don't have the United Healthcare that a lot of people do. And that's the biggest complaint in other countries is that you can't get in to see anybody.
Speaker 1: You can't get in, you can't get in.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been really freaking hard to get in here to see anybody, and that's scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also, like not to sound privileged, but like I have the resources, I have, the right I have, and I still can't be seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, because you know, I think at the end of the day, I don't Well, some places that can matter.
Speaker 1: I think, no. But I mean, just like you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I think there are situations where people can't get the help because of the environment that they're in, right, so, like if they can't afford to go to certain doctors or places or and it's like, I am privileged enough to be able to have like the community I grew up in and the.
Speaker 1: Upper and great insurance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, an insurance to be able to buy to pay to see these people. But yet there is no but it's either here, take this, but there's no really getting to the route, or there's no like support for because it's like even like things about like perimnopause, I didn't I still didn't even know that was a thing, right, yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 1: I had no idea until we start talking about it. Well even yeah, exactly, like postpartum with my first I remember that was a thing. I just remember being so sad and so anxious. I could not figure it out. I mean the anxiety was through the roof, which I lean anxious and I can lean depressed anyways, So it was like such a swirl and it was coming off the road I had, you know, all of a sudden, I'm a stay at home mom, and that was like what and it was a snowstorm and my husband's back out on tour and then everything took and I was just so alone, no family visiting, so alone. But ten years ago, we weren't talking about any of that, and so I just I remember googling what is postpartum depression because I thought, well, maybe that's it. And it was like at the time, it was just telling you you had to disconnect from your baby, and I'm like, why don't have that? I like deeply love her, So maybe this isn't it. So it's just like a there's just not enough forward information educating. I think like that could be the good thing about the right use of social media and podcast and like our inundation with information is that we're all now saying the harder things are, like the honest things, but it's really overwhelming and to your point, like some months I'm okay right before my period, and some months I'm like really like I am, like, am I depressed? Like I've reached out to my best friend who's a therapist, and I've said, like, do is this depression? Like I'm i feel like I'm okay enough, but like this feels really low.
Speaker 2: Like right, like and what they'll say, like if you do the depression checklist, because again in therapy, they're like, do you stay in bed all day?
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, no, I can't stay in bed all day. I don't have a twenty.
Speaker 2: I gotta get up, like you know what I mean. So like, but do I just randomly sit in my closet and cry for now? Yeah, I did that the other night, you know what I mean? And I had, but I had to get out of it again. But then I know in a week, I'm like, I'll probably be fine, I know, but what can we do to help ourselves? Like that's the thing and I and that's what's also frustrating, because I think medicine could.
Speaker 1: Help us, but it's really for just appear like time.
Speaker 2: Supplements, sir, trying to understand things, or like is there blood work again that needs to be done?
Speaker 1: Or I just something where it's like I'm high and pogesterone or low or something is this where not?
Speaker 3: And I'm just asking we're not just having a therapist and having like an actual psychiatrist comes into play.
Speaker 2: Psychiatrists would basically just prescribe medicine.
Speaker 1: So they don't actually like listen to you as well and prescribe the like end here right right, you know what I mean? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I have an email. It's to doctor Amen because it's a good I'm going to ask him. So I feel like yasa, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I will say this because last week I was spirally and and the other thing is is like I don't want to keep going well. In two days, you're going to feel better, Kristin. That doesn't feel great either, because missing two days or three days or five days a month of like enjoying life is not fair either, you know, especially because there's so much to be grateful for, like I keep and so then I'm starting to shame myself, which makes it worse for myself because I'm going well, Kristin, you have healthy babies and you have a husband that loves you and blah blah blah. But it's like chemically imbalanced and then you're just like holding on and surviving until the eleventh of the month rolls around.
Speaker 2: That doesn't feel like silently doing it too though. That's the thing where then you're just like crazy about it, and then you feel like you're the only person who's crazy going through that. Yeah, but if it was talked about more. And then when extreme case is like this, when she's trying to get help, it just makes me really sad because I don't feel like and then I think about like my grandma Orges, other women like it pat in the day, like no one I don't feel like there's care for women, especially after having babies. I don't feel like there's care for women when they're going into you know, perimenopause or this, like we just there's not enough, Like I don't think support and care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I wonder if they've really even figured out what to do with it, you know what I mean, besides just masket with medicine, you know what I mean, Like if you really like look at the history of them dealing with mental health, it's never been it's all just been so questionable and so just throwing stuff at it to see what works. And so I don't know if anyone even knows really what to do, like what is the answer for that, you know what I mean? Like that, And that's frustrating and that's feels very you know whatever. But sometimes I think that that's the part of the problem, is no one knows what to do with that, Like Nate's saying that your levels are fine, I know, and but you still feel this way. Yeah, So how do we figure this out?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 1: I do think there is there has to be at least because this is because I have my period. Now I can be hopeful for both of us because I'm two days in and I'm like, oh, everything's okay again, Yeah, check back in next week. I'll be like, life's great, Everything's right, I know. But like you know, like I try to not be as hard on myself about working out leading up to it. I'm trying to feed myself more or differently leading up to it to just find like maybe the tips and tricks because I'm pretty regiment in with like how I do life, and so I'm just trying to like eat intuitively and go like eating and sleeping and all. But it matters differently, Yeah, because if I miss sleep and I'm right before a period, I mean, sleep is more than anyone realized. It is so detrimental, it's wild. Yeah, and then I feel crazy and I'm just trying to get through the day and that's not fair. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I will say too, last night was the first night that I slept solid and probably because y' all know I can deal with my neck issue since June third, so like, I have not slept well.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot of this can be sleep.
Speaker 2: I am probably very sleep deprived because I'm not sleeping solid at all. Last night was the first night that I can remember since before my neck thing that I have slept a full eight hour without being interrupted. And the only reason was because I was home alone because Alan was in Chattanooga, and so I wasn't well, you know, snoring or whatever. Because the second I wake up, you're awake up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it hurt. You know, I can't fall back asleep because I hurt. So mun I do think I.
Speaker 3: Would start with whatever you can to try and get solid sleep and see if it helps, yeah at all.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I just think there's now that you know, if you there's just a lot of things that are linking back to sleep yep and I just think that it would be maybe helpful, maybe not.
Speaker 2: But I've got my epidural again on Monday, so because I chickened out the last time, so.
Speaker 1: An emotional support person, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: A little stressed that day and I just was freaking out because we were going to the lake, and he was like, it might be it could be worse. And I'm like, if I if I move less right now than I am right now, like moving less and make it worse for the next two days.
Speaker 1: So I was like, these are my last.
Speaker 2: Five days with the kids of the lake. So I was like, I will deal with this pain. So like he put the lightning cage in and I was like, oh, that was a little pinch. And then and he also said don't move. Don't tell an anxious person not to move, like and he asked if I want to be sedated, but we were going to like I didn't want to be sedated, so don't. Yeah, it's like, you know, you can have like spinal.
Speaker 1: Cord, like you know, you deally don't want to move into your neck right, And so I'm like stop, stop, stop. So I should have gone in there with you. I can't.
Speaker 2: You can't again, yeah, so it's like a legit like you're in like it's a surgery room.
Speaker 1: It's all right.
Speaker 2: So so I have some diet as a PAM and I'm taking two on a Monday, and I'm going to just let them stick that needle in me because I would like to sleep and have no pains, which again I think is adding most likely to my fatness.
Speaker 1: Of course, but still has to be dealt with. And I still think but it does lead to the conversation of yeah, the system and when you're on very menopause and you're thinking this could be ten years, and this could be ten years of feeling like this for one week out of a month, that's a really long Yeah, it's a lot of life. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we should have like a woman's support group. I think this is it the week before call it? I call it the week before anything else about that case? Like do you think what do you think the justice should be within it? I just like, I know you said the husband you think yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean again right now, it's it's kind of turning so much because so much of this evidence is just wild and there's so many questions and did he make her think that?
Speaker 1: You know all that? So I do think that he needs to be looked at. How soon if you get married? I'm curious after quickly, I don't know how, but pretty quickly. So there's that.
Speaker 3: But again, you're not able to hold accountable who I think doesn't need to be held accountable the most, but the second most, and I think that that is the system and the psychiatrist and not having checks and balances on what's being given. I would love to see that change in some way in our future. I don't know the answer for that, but something has to change.
Speaker 2: Well again, someone's calling a support hotline saying yeah, that they feel these ways, and they're like, sorry, you don't fit the criteria.
Speaker 3: The system is so messed up when it comes to mental health in that way. But when you are at first admitted to a hospital, they will send you to like the mental health whatever, but it is I think it's twenty four or forty eight hours and then it's like, yeah, it's a messed up system. And you know, it's different by state and all the things, and you know, I don't remember all the details, but that I think is the top thing that I think we need to take away from this. What she did, if she did it, whoever did it to these children is horrific. But there's a difference between also postpartum anxiety, postpartum depression, and postpartum psychosis, right, you know, And I think that that's just important to discuss as well.
Speaker 2: It is and It's like I've seen things people being like, how could you defend this murderous?
Speaker 1: It's like I can.
Speaker 2: And maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm being completely blindsided by this. But when you look at murder cases like the Idaho murders, when you look at killers like that, there are killers who again maybe had a really terrible upbringing and they're sick, right. But I think then there's people like lindsay that I'm like, again, awful, but this is where the system I think, really, but again, did the system affect all of them all?
Speaker 3: And I think all I mean, I think if you really go into prisons and look at people that have murdered, they all have bringing kind of past that has failed them.
Speaker 1: Failed them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't give them the right treatment or you know most yeah, I mean some I think are just yeah, for sure, evil people, but a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, so they have to pay, you know, I believe they have to pay, no matter what the circumstances are. But like I don't I don't think that she should just you know, if it's even that she did it, I don't think that she should just get off because, like I have a hard time with the whole like innocent because of whatever. What is it called, like because clean insanity? Yeah, insanity. That is a little hard because I do feel.
Speaker 2: Like, well, I think a lot of people can use the insanity exactly and they're not.
Speaker 3: Right right, So I think that gets tricky and it's sad, you know that she might she is a product of the system, But I think we still have to take it into an account.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. I do agree with that. Yeah, I struggled a lot yesterday. I remember when the case had or when the when the murders first happened, and then I was a little tuned out by it, like I have to be a little careful. The way I take information sensitivity for me is like just it is what it is. It gets really dark and then it seeps into like a just a lot. So but I remember, so yesterday I was like trying to understand where we are now with it, and I think part the part I'm struggling with I have a lot of righteous anger around this case because sorry, it's a wildly unfair and I have a really hard time watching a court case where a woman gets to take a break, where they stop reading about the murders of her children. And she gets to take a fucking break. That was infuriating to me yesterday. She's wailing because she's listening to what happened to her kids and she gets to take a break. I'm sorry, that is not fair. Yeah, she should have to listen to every little detail, every detail, and she could be mentally unwell. Those kids didn't get to take a break. She doesn't get a break. Yeah. I think there's a reason she's in a wheelchair and she lived through it, and I think it's between her and God. But I the righteous anger I have on behalf of those little babies is so's. It should madden everyone, it should piss everyone off, and it should make everybody look at all parts of it. But it is infuriating to me that she that they got to take a break and get some air. And that's ridiculous. That's the part that pisses me off the most. Like it just is. And I can be as Christian as I want to be, but it just is. It hurts my heart. And those little babies looking at a person that gave them life and is taking their life. Are you kidding me? Everyone needs to help everyone differently. Her husband should have shown up differently. She should have showed up for herself differently, you know, like at the point where I'm ready to hurt my babies, I'm not alone with my babies anymore, right, I don't put myself alone with my children anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there does come some accountability everyone to say.
Speaker 1: So righteous anger in me for the situation. It's part of the reason I can't dive all the way in. But when I saw what I saw yesterday where it was like, we just have to take a break, and she's wailing, and I'm thinking, shame on you. You should have to look at photos and videos and you should have to hear every little thing and justice to children will do this to me every time. Yeah, maddening. Those babies didn't choose to be born. She did that. So sorry, I'm fired up. No, yeah, that's it. It's hard. I don't understand postpartum psychosis. So I don't, you know, like I've been dark in postpartum, right, I have had thoughts, not about hurting anyone else, about hurting myself. Yeah, it's fucking dark to me.
Speaker 3: It's just hard not understanding it to know, is her response. Now, Because she's she's so she's out of it obviously, and now it's like this traumatizing like she didn't in a psychosis. You know, I'm assuming you really don't know what you're doing and then out of it, and then it's like you're reliving your babies being killed.
Speaker 1: Even though it was you. So I responsibility too. If you lean that way, it is your responsibility. Stop having children. Yeah, take a minute. I had to prepare myself much differently for Legend than I did for Love. I had to because I knew it was hard on me, whether it was help or And listen, my family's never been there to do postpardon with me. So this isn't me sitting in some hashtag bless seat going like you know, call a grandma. I was fucking alone alone.
Speaker 3: Well, and I do think, and this is not going to be a popular opinion, but this is where I have frustration with the going and get more, getting more medicine. I do think to an extent, you know what you're doing when you were asking for more and more and more medicine. You know, like your you're not getting You're going to different psychiatrists, You're going to different people to get more drugs. I think you become dependent on these drugs and it becomes a drug addiction as well, which I don't think we're really talking about, right, Like there's an addiction piece of this where she is going and seeking out all these drugs. They should have never given them to her, obviously.
Speaker 1: But you know, I just think there's just so much No matter what its fault it is, there's still three dead little babies. Yeah, yeah, it's very very sad. Well, yeah, sorry, I'm so fired. No, no, no, I mean it's I think, like I just I hear the conversations, and I think all the conversations need to be had. But I think what frustrates me more is is a society we are so so defensive of, like be a better person, be a responsible mother. And I'm going to go down in a ball of flames because I know there's a trillion opinions about this, but like, and I have been there in the darkness, not psychos's necessarily, but depression for sure, postpartum depression. And I just you owe it to the little people if you don't even know it to yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally hear what you're saying, but like in that too, it's like you're fighting against the devil in your brain, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So that's where it's like, but why is she alone with them? Why is she having total everyone likes yeah, yeah, but that's where it's like this perfect storm.
Speaker 2: It's not just like she wasn't dealing with and I totally agree, but like.
Speaker 1: Not in her right mind. Yeah, where it's but that's what a long time to be not in your right mind, strangling, hurting three children, and then yourself not in your right mind. We're talking this is yeah again, why it.
Speaker 3: Really gets deeper and people are thinking that he may have done this and all of the things, and I will hold space for that because God bless if this woman didn't do it all.
Speaker 1: And listen, I holy shit, I feel Yeah, I'm not even I'm not saying I don't even know. I I don't even know if she did it or I'm just going the bottom line is it is a lot of distracted talk, and they're three little dead babies and that hurts my heart. Yeah yeah, Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: Episode where we'll have had our periods and everything will be great and I can't wait to talk.
Speaker 1: About right now, I'm supposed to be fine as I started mind, this is why I can't do current events.
Speaker 3: I said in the group chat KB, it's hard to I know, it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Society have group chats.
Speaker 2: By the way, in our school back to school thing, the teacher was like the biggest thing they see in fifth grade and they just like asked the parents and I'm like, listen, Julie doesn't have a way to have group chats with anybody. But they're like like, without doubt, there'll be a group chat of each class. And she's like, someone always gets hurt. Ye And she's like and it's like, please, don't let your kids be in a group chat.
Speaker 1: So I took my kid out of the group chat in fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I remember you have someone always gets hurt. It starts one of the fifth grade chats the same thing. It's like, no, yep.
Speaker 3: I let group chats come back eventually. But when they're like learning and starting out with those phones, it was a crazy mess.
Speaker 1: So yepp, don't let it too much. Okay, ladies, see you next week. Bye bye.