Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, rain drops on today's episode of Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got Let me tell you all something, child.
Speaker 2: We have a legend, okay, an Olympian legend, honey, who decided to.
Speaker 1: Go on a show that is the one of the biggest.
Speaker 2: Shows on Bravo, The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I'm so excited. I met her in person with her beautiful mom. Her mom is a fan of mine and was like, I want call your shows, Carlins and I was like, well, Honey, I'm gonna get you on next, but first it's about your daughter. So please welcome to the podcast. Sign your bitchess frie Hey, Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, de Carlos King, we in here. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, No, thanks for saying yes to the mess, honey, So how are you?
Speaker 1: I am good?
Speaker 3: I'm good, caroly in New York. You know the season has been crazy, so I know we're gonna get into it. But no, all good things. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Let's get into a.
Speaker 1: See there we go.
Speaker 2: So look, like I said earlier, you are an Olympian, you are a track star, legend, you are somebody that is in the history books, which is a lot to be said about your stature. So with all of that going on, I need to know this miss thing. When you got the call to request your presence of seeing if you wanted to be on the Housewives of Atlanta, what was.
Speaker 1: Your first thought? Did you think like yes? No, maybe, Like what did you go into it thinking once you got the phone call?
Speaker 4: So it was funny because when I got the call, at first, I didn't think it was real. I was like, how did you get my number? But Carlos, my first in thing was yes, Like I'm a yes.
Speaker 3: To life kind of girl.
Speaker 4: Yes, like I always feel like when opportunities find me, it is for a reason, and so my first instinct was yes, I had to work on my husband. But for me, it was a yes.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your husband. Honey.
Speaker 2: First of all, you one hundred percent have I would say top two of the finest husband's on Bravo.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, tied.
Speaker 4: With Carla because I didn't even remember clearly in the lead, Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So who are we tying? Who was who was he vying with?
Speaker 2: Okay, in my opinion, it's a toss up between Ross and Eddie, doctor Wendy's husband, and he's.
Speaker 3: A post number two. He's a close number two.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about Ross?
Speaker 2: Ross reminds me of my African Ross is quiet, fine, like he ain't loud unless he gets provoked.
Speaker 1: He is a man's man.
Speaker 2: Can I can tell he he caters to you in a way that doesn't demean his manhood or masculinity. No, I'm telling you I watch all that now. I've saw that a lot last season. Now missing this season, I'm not saying a.
Speaker 1: Lot of Ross. What's going on? Boo, you and me both?
Speaker 4: So this is what this is what happens this season, and you'll see him later on in this season. But COVID really hit our car service hard in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, and we weren't even sure if we're going to be able to make it in the Austin market in the chauffeur business, and so, you know, for a long time he was in the red, having a poor money into it. For so we kept thinking, Okay, what are we gonna do? Are we gonna you know, and we held onto it and it's rebounding now. So unfortunately, you know, and fortunately.
Speaker 3: It is a good thing.
Speaker 4: He had to go to Austin a lot, you know, because we lost a lot of drivers, like the businesses, had to really trim down to make it, and he's kind of building it back up now. So unfortunately he you know, the time we were filming was peak time for travel in Austin, and so he was there just managing the business.
Speaker 3: So I a'm od at.
Speaker 4: Him getting this coins, but I certainly did miss him at home a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, me and the girls and the gays, we missed seeing Ross on television. And one of the things that I talked about last season when you first got on the show is your personal story reminding me a lot of Candy's personal story back in the day, when you talk about working with family and having a husband to where obviously you are the star of the relationship and you have been for so long, and how sometime that can do something.
Speaker 1: To a woman's marriage.
Speaker 2: And it really takes a confident man in order to say my wife is the star, the bread winner, and she has all these things going on. And I appreciated that level of transparency last season, and that's why this season, as we're talking about the show, it was the one thing that I felt like I want to see more of because I really felt like Ross came out of his shell last season, and I want to make sure that we're going to see more of that dynamic. Obviously, we see what your mom and your sister and you and your family, but Honey, we want to see you and Ross have those tough conversations.
Speaker 1: So are we going to see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's coming.
Speaker 4: And I also got to correct you on one thing, Carlos, because yes, I am a tha, but let's not get it twisted that my honey is a two time Super Bowl champ who was the breadwinner for the majority of our relationship. And so I just don't want that narrative saves ever switch, right, because just like you know, he started out making tons of money doing great things and still has lots of money in the bank, you know, that's why he's able to do what he wants to do and stuff. So I do think it takes a strong man to be with a woman who is like myself and like Candy and doing a lot of things and likes to be in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: Like my husband is fine playing in the back.
Speaker 4: Even when he was in football, you know, he wasn't always trying to be upfront. And so I do think it takes a strong man with a great personality, and I have that in my husband.
Speaker 3: But you know, he's a star, honey, He's a star.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes. Why was he apprehensive in you joining the show? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it was more about you know, we all hear a lot about the reality show, you know, marriage Curse, and I think that was what he was more worried about. Is that for him and for me, marriage and family comes first, like period, and there is nothing that I would do that will ever jeopardize that, you know, And so he just didn't want for us to be in a situation that could potentially jeopardize our relationship.
Speaker 3: And I love him for that.
Speaker 4: You know, it was really that's it, you know, because you just don't know, Like you see like a lot of marriages that look.
Speaker 3: Great and then they just they don't make it.
Speaker 4: But the reality is, I do think that reality shows are a snapshot of real life. And the divorce rate is high in the world period. So it's not that reality TV is what breaks up marriages. I certainly think it puts a microscope on issues that are hard sometimes to navigate when the public is also having their opinions on it. But that was his ANNGS right. He was more like, I just don't want this to come between us. I don't want this to do anything for our family. If we can navigate it as a unit, boom, but if not, Like he wasn't going to be down for that, and I love that about him.
Speaker 2: Were you too afraid of joining the show having an affecting your legacy in the in the in the sports arena?
Speaker 4: Not really, because the truth is, Carlos, is that there is no blueprint for an Olympic champion, Like can you name an Olympic champion and what they're doing now you know what I mean? And so it's not it's all of us are kind of charting our own path. And for me, I was like this is a dope opportunity for me to stay relevant, to continue to grow my brand, to be around some dope women.
Speaker 3: And so no, I think that is just an extension of my legacy.
Speaker 4: Like nothing can erase what I did on the track period, you know, and so this is just me trying something else, seeing how it works, and you know, going through a new process. So no, I never looked at it that way, although I have heard people say like, are you.
Speaker 3: A friend, Like no, Like, I'm the American record hold a four time of lipic Medalist's baby, that's that's gonna be that.
Speaker 2: Did you hear from your friends in your in your class of sport who said, like.
Speaker 1: Girl, are you sure you want to do this? Or what? They're all support of.
Speaker 4: The majority of my girlfriends were super supportive, you know, they were excited for me. Like I said, it's like, you know, you think about the life of an athlete, Carlos and most athletes focus solely on sports their entire life, and then it's like afterwards, you're like, Okay, what do I do now?
Speaker 3: How do I use the skill sets.
Speaker 4: That I've learned and that I've sharpened as an athlete in the rest of the world. And so for me, I've been very, very blessed to have this very seamless transition from track and field to broadcasting and not reality TV and still working with Nike and all these things. So I feel very blessed, and I feel like a lot of my peers really respect.
Speaker 3: That hustle, like dang, like she's still doing it, you know what I mean. It's not easy.
Speaker 1: And congress on the Belk deal as well. Thank you, cause that's huge. That's really big. Yeah, thank you, that's really big.
Speaker 2: Also big, honey is the drama this season, we are seeing the girls go low sis. I mean, I call it how Marlow can you go? Like?
Speaker 1: How low can you go? Child? Now Marlow girl? How Marlow?
Speaker 3: I think what you did there? I'll see what you did there?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 1: Get you got? Okay?
Speaker 2: So you seem to be caught in the middle because, as we saw in the earlier episodes, Courtney was saying some not so flattering things about Candy in the presence of you and Chara, and you told Candy what was said, and I found it interesting.
Speaker 1: That she was like, well, what you said?
Speaker 2: If you have my back, because and I want to get your opinion because for me, obviously.
Speaker 1: I produced a show.
Speaker 2: For almost ten years of my life, right, and I've known moments where Fedra felt that way about Candy, like you didn't have my back or what did you say to defend me against these girls? So I was kind of called off guard by that because I didn't again my okay, because my opinion is, I don't feel like unless I'm missing something, I don't feel like you and Candy's relationship it's that deep to where your first instinct.
Speaker 1: Would be to defend her.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're just listening to a conversation where you also surprised it's like me the audience was that she was upset by it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was surprised that she asked me that because the tone of the conversation up until that point was very much friendly. And then she just kind of switched and was like, but what were you saying while you know she was talking? And it kind of threw me off guard, and I was like, what did I say? Like I'm trying to remember and recall because, to be honest, Carlos, initially I was just shocked. Right, I'm sitting there like it's my first time meeting this girl. I'm like, what was a lot to tea? You're like, okay, you know, I was really shocked by it. And then of course the way she's saying it, it was funny, like anybody would have laughed when she said.
Speaker 3: And girl that ghetto. I was like, so, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I did, on multiple occasions in the conversation say look, me and Candy cool, now, are you gonna talk to her? Because if you don't, I'm gonna tell her I do say that to her in real time, you know what I mean. So I was a little bit surprised that Candy was like, what were you saying and stuff, because obviously, like you know, these are all fairly new friendships that I'm building and creating and really trying to figure out, you know, which ones are going to be the meaningful ones, which was all going to be the last thing relationships, you know. So I don't I don't think she took it, uh, you know, too heavy. I think she just asked and we kind of moved on from it. But I was a little bit surprised that she expected me to be like, now what what what.
Speaker 3: Shocked?
Speaker 1: As you were Oh, no, girl, we were gagging. Again.
Speaker 2: If that was Manyeta, I would have understood more. So I was surprised about that line of questioning because from what I've seen, and you tell me if I'm wrong, it appears that you're closer to Charae and Marlow, I'm.
Speaker 3: Closer to Marlow.
Speaker 4: And to be honest, like it's funny because at that point I was closer to Candy and Marlow. So like Candy and I had gone on vacation, we communicate a lot off camera, and of course Marlow, Marlow and I are the closest, especially now like off off season this season we talk like every day, so I was actually closer to Marlow. Candy and then Chari like Sharan are super cool. We don't talk as much, you know, maybe like once a week, once every two weeks.
Speaker 3: Her and I connect, So Canny and I work fairly close.
Speaker 4: But the other thing, too, Carlos, was that I didn't feel like it was an attack on her, on her character, like if you as you watched the season progress, like.
Speaker 3: Even last night with Marlowe, I don't.
Speaker 4: Like when they started calling her trick and stuff like to me, that's that's a personal affront.
Speaker 3: But when you're talking about, like, you know, these people.
Speaker 4: To me, that wasn't something where I'd be like, well, damn, Like, why would you say this about Candy?
Speaker 3: It wasn't that deep to me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But what's getting deep is the lonelness to me of the dialogue between them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest things that the audience is having a very hard time understanding. And I even called Marlowe personally to talk to her about this because I do love her, is the fact that what happened three years ago with her nephew. Of course, it's horrendous and it's sad, and she and the entire family have all of our complete condolencence with that, but it is sort of.
Speaker 1: It is sort of.
Speaker 2: I'll just use the word weird that three years later is being brought up. And I understand she's saying, well, the shootings that happen at the restaurant triggered it, So I get that, But to the degree of it being so volatile.
Speaker 1: Obviously you talk to marlow daily.
Speaker 2: Are you on Marlow's side when it comes to where her and Candy are going through?
Speaker 1: And can you.
Speaker 2: Shed some light that we may not know because I know Marlow for real, for real, and I'm confused.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I get it, And I think that it's tricky, right because you can't tell someone how to feel.
Speaker 3: And even for me when I was when I communicate with.
Speaker 4: Marl and stuff, and I'm like, dang, like it's a tricky thing to navigate because somebody died, right like her nephew died, So there's the gravity of that, and then there is this feeling where she just feels like, you know, Candy sometimes just kind of brushes.
Speaker 3: Past issues, you know, big and small.
Speaker 4: And so, you know, do I always agree with how Marlow goes at things now, but do I try to validate her feelings? Yes, And so in the fact that she felt like Candy never really acknowledged it or showed up in the way.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 4: The other thing that people have to understand too, is like a lot of times people value friendship the way that they are friends, and Marlow is one of the most thoughtful. She's one of the kindest people I know. Like last season when I had COVID, she sent me flowers at Teddy Bear, she sent me medicine.
Speaker 3: She called me every day, and that's her love language and.
Speaker 4: So you know, she I think, just expects people to reciprocate that, and like what I understand from Candy when I was talking to Candy as well as like, she's not that girl, and I'm not all the way a thoughtful person like that either, Like marlow is teaching me how to be more thoughtful of people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I definitely see both sides.
Speaker 4: I understand how Candy could feel like the timing is so bad. It's like, you know, once again trying to like you know, make put her business in a bad light. So I understood why Candy.
Speaker 3: Got so upset. But I think, and I think this happens a lot with the ladies.
Speaker 4: If we can stay on just the topic, just the issue, we can handle it right, Because it's like if Candy's like, Okay, my bad, I could I could have done more, we could move on. But then it becomes this big thing and they're both so heavily vested, and it becomes really tricky as a group to navigate.
Speaker 2: That makes sense to me now, I'm starting to understand, because you're right, Marlowe, feels like what I give out I should be able to get in return, and to your point.
Speaker 1: Not everyone is wired that way.
Speaker 2: And I will say this on the record, Marlowe is very generous. She is very giving, She is very thoughtful. Marlowe loves to give a gift, child, and I love taking them.
Speaker 1: So I do.
Speaker 2: I do know that about her, And now I'm starting to understand a little bit more about what she was expecting is because she feels like I will do that in a situation. So, okay, I understand that much. Do you understand Manyetta? Though her presence on the show.
Speaker 4: Carlos almost Carlos not you passing? Now?
Speaker 2: I thought you weren't tracks y'all who could run miles and breathe? Child?
Speaker 3: You know what I've been telling folks. I haven't trained for poor Olympics.
Speaker 4: I have been all of Nothing has prepared me for the real house sives of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Do you understand nothing? Nothing has prepared me for this? Okay? Do I understand man Yetta's presence on the show? Yes, of course I do. Of course I do.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What is it? Tella's enlighten up? Because we're not there every day.
Speaker 2: My love.
Speaker 3: There are other people in.
Speaker 4: This room, cross and they've also fallen out everybody's on the floor.
Speaker 3: My la thought everybody's on the floor, just so you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, quarter minds want to know, honey, this is reality with the King, and I want to know the reality of when y'all together. You cannot believe that you're asking these quest, Carlos, I would love for you to answer one.
Speaker 3: So, okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think Mayetta, like you said, she is like a wonderful, wonderful person. I think that she is one of the best human beings I've ever met. However, I think that it has been tricky for her to navigate the show, and to navigate, you know, because she loves her and Candy's relationship is so significant to her and important to her that I feel like she sometimes isn't able to step out of that and just be on her own.
Speaker 3: And it's hard. This this show is so hard.
Speaker 4: Maybe have so many comments about it, but if you were in the same situation, trust me, it's not as easy as it appears when you are watching.
Speaker 3: It on TV.
Speaker 4: And so, you know, I do think that Mayette is tricky for Mayette because she has such an alliance and allegiance with Candy that and you saw it when she was like I almost lost my friend. It's like why, like just for like you know, sitting with Marlow for two seconds like that. That doesn't make any sense, Like you got to you got to be out here on your own sis.
Speaker 3: So I love Mayeta Todath.
Speaker 4: I think that this season she brings a lot more to the show. She brings a lot more to the show this season. But we'll see, you know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Do you think she's in Candy Shadow?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I think she's in Candy Shadow. I think that.
Speaker 4: I think that I think that her personality type makes it hard for her to break out of Candy Shadow, because she's such a loyal friend and she's such a sweet girl. So yes, I do think that, and I don't think I think that she would agree. I don't think that's an insult. I think that she came on as Candy's friend and she's really been loyal to her.
Speaker 1: I hate your interrupt, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these quick ads. Support for Reality with the King is brought to you by Manscape, who is the best in man's belo Load the waist grooming. Their products are precision engineer tools for your family jewels man Skate's Performance Package the Ultimate Men's Hygien Bundle. Join over eight million men worldwide who trust Manskate with this exclusive offer for you twenty percent off and free worldwide shipping with the code Reality at manskate dot com. If my math is correct, that's about sixteen million balls. The Performance Package fore point.
Speaker 1: Zero has arrived. An oh man, it's a game changer.
Speaker 2: Inside this package, you'll find their lawnmower four point old, trimmor, weed whacker, ear and nose hair tremor, crop preserver ball, the Orderant crop Revivor, Toner, Performance boxer briefs and a travel bag to hold your goodies. Their fourth generation trimmer features a cutting edge ceramic blade to reduce grooming accidents thanks to their advanced skin safe technology. The lawnmower four point zero is waterproof because this tremor is waterproof. You can say goodbye to the mess on the bathroom floor Manscape even through in two free gifts to the Performance Package form Part zero. The Manscape Boxers and the Shed travel Bag bring your comfort and boxers to another level. It's time to take care of yourself, so go to manscape dot com and get twenty percent off plus free shipping with code Reality at manscape dot com. That's twenty percent off with free shipping at manscape dot com and.
Speaker 1: Use code Reality.
Speaker 2: Unlock your confidence and always use the right tools for the job.
Speaker 1: With Manscape.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't happen bi weekly, so why should payday?
Speaker 1: The money you are.
Speaker 2: Earn can be in your hands today with earn In. Earn In is an app that gives you access to your pay as you work, up to one hundred dollars per day or up to seven hundred and fifty dollars per pay period. Just download the earn in app and verify your paycheck, then access up to one hundred dollars a day as you work and leave an optional tip. Any money you access plus tips are automatically repaid.
Speaker 1: From your next paycheck.
Speaker 2: If I needed something like earning it's what I use and this is.
Speaker 1: Why, because child your boys busy.
Speaker 2: I got several jobs, as y'all know, and I like my money, honey, So any opportunity to where I'm able to get paid at a moment's known as honey.
Speaker 1: Sign me up.
Speaker 2: Make earn In a part of your financial routine. Enjoy earnings over three and a half million customers who say when I think of earn in, I think about financial stability, security. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. Download earn in today spelled e A r n i in in the Google Play or Apple App Store.
Speaker 1: When you download the earn.
Speaker 2: In app, type in reality under Podcasts when you sign up. It'll really help the show reality Under podcast subject to your available earnings DELIMAX and pay period max. See earnin dot com slash t os for details. This is Reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. What are your thoughts on Ralph and Drew. I mean, obviously you and Drew have had your moments, which by the way, was funny, but when you think about what she's going through and one thing, listen, one thing I know about everybody on the Atlanta Housewives and a lot of reality TV, everybody can throw shade and do whatever, but no, there's not one person who takes pleasure in seeing the breakup of a marriage. And that's one thing I know for sure. Yes, I absolutely there's never been any gleeful moments of somebody's marriage breaking up When you learn of the divorce. And again we're only in episode six right now this season, right did you see signs that pointed in this direction?
Speaker 4: So it caught me completely off guard, Carlos, because to give you some context, like I'm not the best on dates and times and stuff, but I would say probably about two weeks prior to the announcement of the divorce, Ross and I were at Ralph's fortieth that drew through for him, and they looked super happy. I mean, it was like it was a vibe, like we were having so much fun. They were dancing together, they played her songs, she gave him a whole moment in the club, and so so I know marriage is tough, and I know sometimes we got to put on even when things are not perfect. But I would have never anticipated that a week or two later they'd be both rushing to the courthouse to like outsign each other.
Speaker 2: They were watching they were watching YouTube videos of you sprinting and followed suit and ran.
Speaker 1: To the courthouse as.
Speaker 2: If but Tom was waiting on them at the end.
Speaker 1: Honey, I was like, but it.
Speaker 4: Didn't really surprise me because everything with Ralph and she was always a little bit Quirky says that this is this, this sounds about right right, like them rushing to the courthouse, so just about right. But like you said, I honestly, I'm really heartbroken, mainly for the kids because there were three beautiful kids, and I when I met them prior to the show two or three before we started filming, I just thought they were a great couple. I thought they have a lot of fun together. So it just it's just sad that they're not. You know, haven't been able to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Have you spoken to her recently?
Speaker 3: So I text her.
Speaker 4: I had been texting her like consistently, like you know, just checking in on her, and and then she like made a tweet the other.
Speaker 2: Day and I'm like about you, and I'm like, girl.
Speaker 3: Man, you are good, Like why are you tweeting?
Speaker 4: It's like Drew Sometimes I feel like Drew thinks like she's supposed to be like wherever the show is, that's where it's just a mess.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't.
Speaker 4: Deal with that, Like I want to be real in the moment, like reality reality. So after that, I was like, Okay, let me just give her some more space again because she's just on one again.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people have accused Drew of acting a lot on this show and getting the set confused with a Lifetime movie set starring Carrie Hillson and directed by T. D.
Speaker 1: Jakes.
Speaker 2: So do you feel that when you're in scene with Drew do you sometimes feel like are you reading a script or are you being yourself?
Speaker 3: One? Like it is?
Speaker 4: That has been one of the hardest things to navigate and my biggest frustration, especially coming on as her friend.
Speaker 3: You know, it was it was.
Speaker 4: Really hard because but you know what's funny, Carlos and I ain't never told nobody this, but I'm gonna just drop your little tea right here. When I when I first met them, right when I first met Ralph and Drew, he one of the things he said was He's like.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll be cool.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden the mood scene, she just like flips the script like she'll just like go like do something crazy.
Speaker 1: About his own wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so it shouldn't have surprised me that she did that to me in season one and that she continues to do that. I just I but here's the thing about it, and this is gonna be crazy. Is that I don't feel like she knows that she's doing it. I don't feel like she understands like when she goes into this actress mode, I really don't and I think that, but but she does it a lot, and it's it's really tricky to be around her because literally we'll be texting, we'll be cool, and we'll talk off camera, and then she comes on camera and she has a whole different vibe and it's like, girl, like I don't like it, Like I'd prefer to like know, like we're not cool or we're cool, but don't like flip the script on me on screen, and you know what I mean, because I'm not acting. So it's it's really hard for me to be able to figure out how to move with her in that case.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, No, I love you, Drew.
Speaker 2: Just note that they don't give about oscars for the real Housebots of Atlanta, Baby, so we can stop auditioning for an oscar, leave that for a movie directed by Martin Scorsese because these scenes are directed.
Speaker 1: By Eric Fuller. Okay, exactly, I love you, Okay.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest conversations about this season is a lot of people are saying the cast feels disjointed, that there doesn't seem to be this cohesive sisterhood that Conda was apparent last season.
Speaker 1: And what did you contribute that to?
Speaker 2: Because again, I've worked on the show, and I've known that relationship goes through up and down.
Speaker 1: We've seen it with Kim and Nini, Minia and Charie, We've.
Speaker 2: Seen it with Kenya, Porscha, Cynthia King, Like, we've seen these up and downs, but the girls always found their way back.
Speaker 1: Why is it in your feelings?
Speaker 2: Obviously is your second season, but why it seems to be this jointed so much to the point where everyone is confused by where this friendship can go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's so unfortunately to me, Carlos, because I felt that this season we were building on this sisterhood and friendship and I thought it would you know, radiate through the screens this year if you would see that we were, you know, actually really trying to be great friends and stuff. So it's disappointing that the opposite is happening.
Speaker 3: But I think I think ultimately where.
Speaker 4: The break happens is when Marlowe and Kenya, which obviously that's been a few that's been predates me and has been going on for a long time.
Speaker 3: I think it's okay when they're like.
Speaker 4: Two girls that are not not really getting along. But I think the issue really happens when marlow and Candy start to feud, and then because Kenya and Marlowe you know, are you know, you know, Nemesis, It then really devised the group because I think that Candy when Cay like and one thing I really do respect about Candy is that she's very level headed and even after the worst feud, she kind of always finds her way back to like, you know, a cordial place, like a place where we can all coexist.
Speaker 3: And so I think what happens this season.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, is that with marlow and Candy feuding so much, and of course Kenya and Marlowe, it makes it really hard for our group, our group to be cohesive because you know, those are two big players in the group, you know what I mean. So unfortunately, I think that causes the divide. But but there is hope, Like I think that as you continue to watch this season, especially when going our group trip to Portugal, there is some mending, you know, and and we do, we do go on some really cool journeys, and I think we have some really beautiful moments, but it is hard when you have so many women with big personalities who do have real feelings of their issues. I think, you know, it makes it really hard to push past some of those things. But you know, we do try and think that. I think that people will be happy as a season progresses.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you joined the show, is it everything that you imagine it would be or are you completely caught off guard?
Speaker 4: I don't know what I imagined it would be, but not out of ten times I'm completely caught off.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes I want this up. Times that you like, what do I get myself to?
Speaker 4: But you know what, it's funny, it's like, but not ten times I'm having a lot of fun too.
Speaker 3: Like, So here here's the.
Speaker 4: Thing that people need to know about me, because I know people write all kinds of stuff about me, and stuff is like I am old, Like I am okay with trying and failing.
Speaker 3: I am okay with like you know, it's like none of those things bother me.
Speaker 4: Like I chase my dreams college for twenty years to the Olympic champion and in two thousand and eight I failed on the largest scale, there's nothing that can ever rattle me, you know what I mean. Like after that, I came back and I won in twenty twelve. So it's like I'm navigating a new space. I'm figuring out how to show fully authentically as myself, trying to figure out who I'm gonna be, my ride or dies, like all of these things like comes with pitfalls in real life, much less on camera, you know what I mean. So it's like I think I'm someone who's self deprecating. I don't take myself too seriously. I'm not like trying to be perfect.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like it is what it is, and as people get to know me, you know, my hope is I'm in for the long haul and people will see over time who I am and that, you know, the little things and the little pitfalls and a little moments, I don't I don't harp on them too much. I keep it moving and I'm genuinely trying to build real friendships and I really want this show to go back to what it really was, which was a group of women who really care about each other, who are bonded on issues and you know, we're connected because we have commonalities, but obviously it's not going to be perfect because life isn't. And you know that's that's really what I hope for the show.
Speaker 2: No, I do too, And I love the fact that you don't take things too seriously and you're you're aware that girl. One thing about the Real Housewives of Atlanta fans, Those fans are tough.
Speaker 4: What they like worse than sports.
Speaker 2: Fans, Oh girls, forget look forget the basketball, baseball, football, all of that. The Real Housewives of Atlanta, of all the franchises Atlanta, those fans have very strong opinions. When you hear people say things about you, they call you boring?
Speaker 1: Why is she on the show?
Speaker 2: Does that hurt your feelings when you when you hear people say you're boring?
Speaker 4: Well, not really, because what I have seen is that a lot of times the fans really don't know what they want, you know what I mean. On the one hand, they will say we want positive women who have real relationships, who have businesses and stuff, and then you get that and it's like, oh, she's boring, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And it's like the fans can also be really fickle.
Speaker 4: One week they love this person, next week they love that person, and so I kind of take it with a grain of salt.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I've seen over the years where people complain about a person then they're gone and they want them back more than anything, and you know, it's like just this constant, you know, desire to have what isn't there. And so for me, I just kind of learned from sports to quiet the noise, like, you know, focus on the fact that I'm blessed to be on this platform and I'm gonna keep being me and whether you know, I thank god the fans don't cast.
Speaker 3: And you know, just keep it pushing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this will be my advice to you.
Speaker 2: I got one more question for you, but as somebody who produced that show from seasons one through four and then six through nine, I want to give you some advice if you if you if you want it.
Speaker 3: Honey, Okay.
Speaker 2: So look, I said this about you last season that I did feel like your personal story was super strong because it reminded me of the early days of Candy, like I said earlier, in the sense of working with your husband and the family and your your mom is fan fantastic television, and it reminded me of like the great Mama Joys and getting I'll say this, I felt like you were bringing the old school Atlanta Housewives personal story back to the show in terms of what it looks like for a family dynamic because of some listen, no shade, but some of these women are older and they don't have a robust family with young kids. So for us to see that from you, I felt was super strong. And I what I would want more from you, if I can say this to you, is I want to see more of that. I listen, my opinion, I could care less about your relationship with the girls to a degree, I really am invested in you and Ross and what you guys are talking about and what you have going on. I really want to see more with you and your mom, and I want to see your mom around the girls more. When I met your mom in person, first of all, your mom.
Speaker 1: Is a baddie.
Speaker 2: And I feel like the beauty of Atlanta housewise was there was always that specialness when it came to the moms. And because we haven't seen Mama Joyce in a while, who's an icon and a legend herself, I would love to see your mom more and I would love to see more of what you and Ross are talking about, because I feel like when you have these marital relationships, that's what we want to see. And I feel like you're getting your footwear, and when I'm.
Speaker 1: Watching you, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I feel like you'd be thinking, like what is going on here? Like is this really happening? Or like when Kenya stormed out to her room child in Alabama and on the speakerphone, she said, y'all can go, and you said.
Speaker 1: I will leave. I don't have to be here.
Speaker 2: So I do feel like sometimes you're like, are y'all putting on? Or what is really happening here? Because I don't navigate this way, So I would just say, you know, let's see more because I feel like you're trying to figure these girls out. And I get it because there are fifteen seasons and I feel like girl focused on showing us the personal story because I do feel like I want to see more personal story.
Speaker 3: I love that and I mean that we can deliver on.
Speaker 4: So thank you for that note, and I'll, you know, definitely want to incorporate more and hopefully next season, you know, Ross will be more put you know, staying in the house more and so we can do more of that, So I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, question.
Speaker 2: If you had a magic wand yes, and you're looking at this show for next season, and if someone came to you a Genie in a bottle, not Christina Aguileras Genie in the bottle, because that was about some nest child, a real genie in a bottle.
Speaker 1: And they said, Okay.
Speaker 2: Sonya, you're able to cast the women around you who you want to move forward with. Who are five women that you would love to be on a season with?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's a that's a good that's a good one.
Speaker 3: So obviously I bring back my girl Marlowe. So Marlowe and Chara.
Speaker 4: So five though, because that makes it shouldn't it be six?
Speaker 1: Well you're six, it's you plus five.
Speaker 3: Okay, So me, marlow Chare uh huh oh man.
Speaker 2: Any House White, past, present, future.
Speaker 4: But I'm thinking, I'm like, I've been on with Candy and Kenya, so I feel like I've you know, experienced them.
Speaker 3: So do I bring them back or do I bring on somebody new?
Speaker 4: So I always thought Phaedra was a wots so I think, you know, it'd be cool to film with Phaedra. Even though I know Candy and Phaedra won't film, so that means I have to leave Candy off for next time.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring her back.
Speaker 1: I bring her back for season twenty okay.
Speaker 3: And and Porsche.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, that's a good list.
Speaker 1: That's a good list. Is that so? Yeah? So it's yeah you so you plus five?
Speaker 2: So that's Marlowe, Charae, Phaedra, I get one more more.
Speaker 3: So I would bring back Dangs.
Speaker 4: So who else is somebody that's from the past that I would love to film with?
Speaker 2: Because you have have Deshaun Snow, Lisa will Niani, Leeks, Kim, Zoe Ziak, Claudia Jordan Shamari, the Claudia Claudia Claudia.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. See that wasn't so bad.
Speaker 3: I wasn't one last question.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you go. I know you're busy. Do you know who Tamra Judge is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she's one of the housewives.
Speaker 2: Right of Orange County. Yes, she did an interview recently and they asked her which housewife shod be put on Pauls And she said, you why why?
Speaker 1: She hadn't know me?
Speaker 2: She said, as she's watching this show she thinks you're a nice girl, but she had to choose anybody she would choose to put you on pause?
Speaker 3: Is she still is she still on the show?
Speaker 1: She was on Pauls but now she's bad.
Speaker 3: Uh, well she she should go like a pause, tune in. People don't know what they won't. People don't know what they won't.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're saying that includes housewives saw.
Speaker 3: The dynamic to the show, that it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, well sonya, thank you so much for coming on Reality with the King, and I am going to continue watching the show, and I want you to follow my bodies. We want to see you and Ross mamm We want to see and listen, listen, listen. I know it's not your control what's get shown, so trust me, I get that, but I speak for the congregation and just know that that's our biggest request. We want to see more of that.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I appreciate that. Thanks for having me, Carlos, was a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yeah, and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,