Speaker 1: And we're back with another episode of Separation Anxiety. I'm your host, Marcus Jordan and I'm Pippin and today we're talking about a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: Babe.
Speaker 3: I feel like we have so much to talk about this, so many things happening right now.
Speaker 1: Well, and obviously we're out west, you know, we're in LA, and I feel like when we're out here, things just, you know, start to happen.
Speaker 2: It's like a snowball effect out here.
Speaker 3: I think things move really quickly when you're in LA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, definitely, And so let's jump right into it. First topic is Larcus is looking for a wedding venue. Obviously, we were at dinner the other night and paparazzi got us leaving a restaurant and asked us if there are wedding plans in the works, and so, you know, I think I responded in a cheeky way. I told them that, you know, we're looking for a location and that it's in the works, and so tell your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: I had one hundred calls and text messages and people congratulating us, and I was like, I'm so excited, but no, we're not engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's funny.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it's cute, but like, we're not engaged, but you did, but you did give me a promise ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely give you a promise ring. You know that might end up on the show at some point, but yeah, I just felt like that. You know, it's a tough question to answer. It's like, obviously we're you know, it's something that we've been discussing a lot lately, not necessarily putting a lot of emphasis or priority on where or when, but we've definitely been discussing locations and time of year.
Speaker 2: And so, you know, I felt like that was a good response.
Speaker 3: I feel like the only thing we've really come up with is like, we want a destination wedding, right, That's the only thing that we talk about where we're like, yeah, we definitely want a destination wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think you know, most of your friends are married, and so, you know, I feel like you get asked more so than I do in terms of when is the date? Can I be a bridesmaid? Et cetera, et cetera. We did talk about that too. I think what did we land on?
Speaker 3: Well, because I think we have to be less than ten. But I feel like everybody wants to be in our wedding, so it's kind of like hard to figure out who we're going to have at a wedding party.
Speaker 1: It's definitely going to be a process for sure, and I feel like, you know, I'm following your lead on this, so let me ask.
Speaker 3: You a question. I know we talk about this all the time, but like if someone is married, for instance, Okay, let's just say my friend is married, I want her to be my maid of honor, but I don't necessarily want her husband to be your best man because he's not your best man groomsman?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that weird or is that like normal?
Speaker 2: I think it should be.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it should be normal that you're not going to line up necessarily with your significant other at a wedding. You know, I feel like you pick your bridesmaids. I pick my groomsmen, and then you know, whoever they are, they get matched up at the wedding. But I don't think it necessarily needs to be Oh, because you're mayor read uh, then you have to be a part of my groomsmen party and then you know, vice versa for you. But you know it might end up working out that way, okay.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I just kind of always wonder about that.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I feel like, you know, when the news started circulating, obviously, you know, my parents reached out and my mom sent a bunch of I emojis, my my dad sent a couple of text messages and had a conversation with my sister, just wondering if it's you know, legit or not. Obviously, with the pictures of the of the ring going around, there was a little extra fuel on the fire. And so it's oh, speaking of the ring, I had so many jewelers reach out to me in terms of, hey, when you're ready, you know, if you need a certain stone or how big do you want to go? And so there's there's definitely something. I think that's the tagline of our wedding. It's it's in the works, and so the works. There's definitely some researching some stones right now. That's happening for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that, do you know what I like?
Speaker 2: I feel like I've got a good grasp on what you like.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like you did too.
Speaker 1: I feel like your taste changes from time to time. I feel like you like high quality stuff, you know, clarity, and you know, the shape might might vary, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Feel like I really need like a huge ring though I.
Speaker 1: Disagree with that. I feel like it's gonna it's gonna be massive for sure.
Speaker 3: I like that too.
Speaker 1: You know, I've got good taste. And so just let let let Marcus James drive this train.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well I'm down for that. I like that. I like you being in charge because that's kind of one thing that like you do that really turns me on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you let me lead you.
Speaker 3: I definitely let you lead me.
Speaker 2: There we go. So so it's in the works.
Speaker 3: That in the works. I think we're at the right place at the right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I think I'm definitely I come from a more private background than you, I feel like, and so I think that's another Well.
Speaker 3: By the way, I had producers called me about our show, I know, I know, and they said, hey, would you have a wedding on Bravo.
Speaker 1: I feel like they thought they might have missed out on something that could have been a key story line for us.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I was kind of like, no, we're not engaged, but I would definitely let you know, But do you think you would have a wedding on a reality show?
Speaker 2: That's tough, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't think your parents will come. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There would definitely there would definitely have to be some carve outs for sure, But it could also be like a multi day thing, you know what I'm saying, where all right, maybe there's cameras for the actual ceremony, but we can do more private things, you know, on those other days.
Speaker 2: And so, you know, again, I think.
Speaker 1: As we get closer, we'll start, you know, narrowing down all of the options. But I think anything is on the table. It's a, it's a it's all in the works.
Speaker 3: It's work.
Speaker 2: I love that. And so moving on, let's talk Britney Spears's divorce.
Speaker 3: I mean, can I tell you I kind of saw this coming.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I didn't even realize that she was or who she was married to. I guess I knew she was married, but it didn't come as a shock to me either.
Speaker 3: I guess, Well, they were married for a fourteen teen months, so that actually lasted longer than I thought because I kind of gave them less than a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it's fourteen months, is that like? Is that standard? Is that like early?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you're so, I don't know, you're getting married.
Speaker 1: And you take those you make those vows, you know what I'm saying. I guess, aren't you saying that you're going to spend the rest of your life with this person? And so for fourteen months and it to end? Do you think it was a failure.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a failure. It's definitely no. Fourteen months is nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that too.
Speaker 1: And so apparently he confirmed the news on Instagram, saying that he decided to end their journey.
Speaker 3: I don't know what planet she lives on. I kind of want to live on the same planet I'm rocking with Ritty.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I love her. I love her so much because I feel like she's such an icon, right, but she definitely doesn't live on this planet.
Speaker 1: I just think, you know, if she's in her own world, she's in her own zone, you know, And once you reach that level of status, she can move to her own drum, you know, once you reach to that point, you know. And so reports are that trouble has been brewing for a while Sam wasn't sleeping at the house that much, and Brittany has allegedly gotten physical with him in some blowout fights.
Speaker 3: She's twirling around and she's living her birth fight like. She's not a fighter, she's just a dancer.
Speaker 1: I just think, you know, divorces can get messy, and it sounds like this one is heading towards a messy direction.
Speaker 3: And so you have a prenup.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, yeah, but it's la.
Speaker 3: Well, I think he's going to contest the prenup.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, he's never going to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, prenups. We talked about this with Jason. I feel like on one of our previous episodes, I feel like prenups exist for a reason, and unless there's a breach of the agreement or some sort of clause that you know, you both parties mutually agree to that gets you know, breached, then you know the prenup should be enforced.
Speaker 3: In my I agree, I mean, I agree. I mean I feel like fourteen months is not alone, not long enough for you to contest a prenum. I think if you've been married for like thirty years, twenty years, and it's like you know, you put in the work and you know what, maybe I was crazy when I signed it, but fourteen months like that just doesn't sound So you're not surprised.
Speaker 2: But do you suspect that he was always about the money?
Speaker 3: I don't think he. I mean, yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, most prenups, you know, there's like a tenure or you need to have, you know, been married for a certain amount of years, and then you you know, I guess, get rewarded or access to I want to larger amounts of funds. So I don't know, you know, fourteen months, I feel like he might not get anything.
Speaker 3: Fourteen months is not long enough, right, Yeah, I mean I feel like he waited like over a year, and it was probably a tortuous year for him. By the way, I'm not saying being married to Brittaney, but I don't think it's being married to Britney's easy, okay.
Speaker 1: But still it's his it's her husband, his wife, and so I feel like, you know, given the situation, he should have maybe been a little more supportive of her, maybe tried to help her in certain other ways, you know, because no.
Speaker 3: Because I feel like she her mom, Like I don't think anybody can help her. I think she's on this journey alone, and I think she resents her dad for you know, trying to keep her in line. I feel like she's kind of doing her own thing, and I feel like, remember the whole Brittany, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to ask you next. So do you think she should have stayed in the conservatorship?
Speaker 3: Everybody wanted her to be independent and you know, responsible for her own destiny. But I think at the same time, a lot of us are not like there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know the truth, the full details of it all, but some of it sounded if I remember correctly, some of it sounded pretty pretty you know, I guess strict yeah, exactly in terms.
Speaker 3: Of people need that. Some people need that because they can't have boundaries for themselves. So I think that that sounds to help.
Speaker 1: You like, as long as she's happy, she's handling her business, her finances are straight, you know what I'm saying. I feel like she should be able to do whatever the hell she wants to do, you know, no matter what people think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree, but she does.
Speaker 2: Look, you know, some of those dance moves on ig they look a little Listen.
Speaker 3: She's living her best life, dancing her you know, dancing her little life away. So that's good.
Speaker 2: You think you can out dance Brittany.
Speaker 3: I mean she does a lot of trolls are probably make me sick. It's like being on a ride. I don't know if I could take it for that.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'd love to see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about the scandal update. Yeah, okay, So Raquel, So she was Rachel and she switched it to Roquel. I kind of do like Roquel better than Rachel.
Speaker 1: So what if I changed my name from like Marcus, yeah, to Marquisio exactly.
Speaker 2: That's my nickname.
Speaker 3: I think I like you as Marcus. I think that's and you know what, every Marcus is fine.
Speaker 2: I think you know it's funny.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, every member of my family has seven letters in their first name. So Michael, Juanita, Jeffrey, and Jasmine, right, they're all seven letters, and Marcus is the only one with six letters. And so when I was a kid, I used to beg my mom to add an S to my name so it would be Marcus and I would be seven letters, you know, that's so cute. So that's you know, that's just a little a little fun fact. But apparently the former vander Pump Rules start opened up to Bethany Frankel on the Just b podcast about the affair herd around the World. She says Bravo has made a ton of money off the scandal, but she has not. Quote, the network is running to the bank, like laughing, running to the bank with the scandal, and I haven't seen a single penny.
Speaker 2: And so you think she should.
Speaker 1: Be able to capitalize in some way off of this entire scandal.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of on You're on your own, you know. I feel like you sign a contract to be on these reality TV shows and sometimes it's ugly, you know sometimes. And the thing is, I heard that she's not coming back for the next season, but you almost have to come back to redeem yourself. I've been in that situation where like I felt like I wasn't portrayed the like properly on Housewife sometimes, you know, And I've been you know, I wanted to say, like, hey, I don't want to go back. I feel like I wasn't portrayed properly. They didn't show all the good things that I did on the show, the only show, the bad things that I did on the show. But it's a reality show, so you have to go back to kind of redeem yourself.
Speaker 1: Listen, I signed that agreement this this year, and it's it's it's an onerous agreement. I mean, you give up legal rights, you give up everything basically, and you have to trust the producers and trust yourself. I mean it's up to you in terms of you carry.
Speaker 3: That's the number one thing you have to be like, Yeah, you know, you're responsible for yourself. And a lot of times I've done things that are done things too, and I you know, good people make bad decisions. I feel like Raquel made a bad decision. It was a bad decision, but I do feel like she can come from it.
Speaker 1: And so wait, you know, I'm not one hundred percent familiar with this situation, but apparently she was cheating. Also, she was single, but she was hooking up with somebody that had a girlfriend on the show. And so they're all on the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh wow.
Speaker 1: And so apparently according to TMZ, she earned three hundred fifty thousand last season, and so that's you know, there's not a small.
Speaker 3: Piece of change, and she made three hundred and fifty thousand. But the thing is, she feels like she's going to be betrayed as the villain now for her life, like her whole entire life, which is not true. You can come back from almost anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, media cycles are I mean less than seven days now. I feel like depending on the scandal and what's that play. And so she says it's not fair. I feel like a toddler saying that it's not fair. But it really isn't feel like I've been portrayed as the ultimate villain. My mistakes that I made on camera live on forever. And so is that something that you think about when you, you know, do housewives in Miami?
Speaker 2: Is it like?
Speaker 3: No, I kind of live in the moment.
Speaker 2: I know you did bad.
Speaker 3: It's bad that I'm like this. I don't think it's good. It's probably not good, but it's healthy. Okay. So I live in the moment. If I make a bad decision at that moment, I feel like I shouldn't have did it, but I did it. And tomorrow is a new day. Yeah, and I'm going to be able to redeem myself.
Speaker 2: No, And I feel like for you. You know you you.
Speaker 1: Can write things off easily. You know you're a good person. I think you do things with your heart and so even if you make a mistake, you know it doesn't come back to haunt you most often than not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I try to make a decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel you do? You do, and so let's talk about this. So she also tells Bethanye about using her real name Rachel instead of Raquel.
Speaker 3: Listen, she's in La She's in La La Land. Do you want to be a little different? I feel like Roquel just sounds more elevated than Rachel.
Speaker 2: Did she legally change it or is just like a stage name like a rapper or something?
Speaker 3: Which, But I like it. I'm down with for ra Cal. And you know what, it takes two to tango. And she's not the only one that was having an affair. And it's sad that the woman always takes the l when it comes down to having an affair, because I do feel like, Okay, she shouldn't have did it. She they're not together anymore. I'm sure she resents it, you know, she feels like she shouldn't have did it. I agree, But I do feel like you know, people make mistakes. Good people make bad decisions. Sometimes I do feel like she is. I'm going to give her a second chance. That's my personal opinion. I'm going to give her a second chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know all the details of it, but I'm all for second chances, you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't I do.
Speaker 3: Feel like she should come back next season, like, redeem herself and don't take the l because I feel like right now she feels defeated.
Speaker 2: Well, so what's the reason of her not coming back is by her own choice.
Speaker 3: Feels Bravo. She feels like Bravo on the network is capitalizing on, you know, her being looked at as you know, the villain, her being looked at as the one that ruined another relationship, which, like I said, two to Tango, And yes, she made a bad decision. But at the same time, I do feel like, you know, she can redeem herself, come back and do good things and be in a better place. And I feel like we're all going to you know, forgive and forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I guess Ariano Maddox landed a lifetime movie role, and she's got numerous sponsorships, and so I guess on the other side of it all because she got cheated on, I guess there are other opportunities coming her way. Yeah, And so Raquel feels.
Speaker 2: The type of way about it.
Speaker 1: Apparently she raked in over a million dollars from the various deals.
Speaker 3: Numbers are not real. Numbers are not really, guys, I believe the numbers. Those numbers are not. But it's cute.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm all for her getting a second chance and maybe coming back to the show to try to clear the air. And like I said, you know, move things, move the conversation further in a further direction. And so do you do you agree or do you think she was exploiting and every while everyone else made money.
Speaker 3: I mean that's on her. You know, when you're on these reality TV shows, it's on you to capitalize on the show. So it's not like you sign off on X Y and Z on you know, with the show. So it's not like they expect you to make X Y and Z off the show. I think it's your responsibility. And this season she took an L. It's okay, this season she took an L. She can come back and take a w you know, and so.
Speaker 1: In what way is the show making additional money just by advertising?
Speaker 3: I guess well, because I feel like the show really blow like it really blew up because of the scandal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True.
Speaker 3: When you're on these shows crazier the storyline is, the more eyes and the more downloads and the more talked about your show will be. So yeah, I do feel like she took an l this season, but it you know, it takes two to tango, and I feel like she should come back, redeem herself and you know, change your lifestyle. Maybe.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a way she can repair image?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, yeah, like just get back into a healthy relationship. Do good things be in a better place.
Speaker 1: The way she just hooked up with the guy. They didn't run off together and start well, I think.
Speaker 3: I think they were together and they're no longer again.
Speaker 1: Okay, true, true, true, Okay, Well, obviously we wish everybody involved the best.
Speaker 2: Sounds a little mess, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like Bethany Frankel did that interview because she's really ought to bash Bravo. Right now, she's not on the network. Oh yeah, she has nothing to lose, so she really wants to bash the network and I kind of feel like, you know, for me, I've had a great experience. Have I done crazy things on the show? Yes, yes, it's life, it's reality. You make mistakes in your real life. But at the same time, I feel like, don't quit, come back, redeem yourself, and tomorrow is a new day.
Speaker 1: I mean for me, I feel like, you know, Bravo was very kind to me when we you know.
Speaker 3: We've had a great We've had a great run as far as our you know, like our experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I don't do you do all the heavy lifting. I just got to show up and you know, look good and support you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, in terms of listen, I've had times where I've been like, I'm not going back. But then at the end of the day, if you don't go back, you really can't defend yourself. And if you can't defend yourself, then you kind of take it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, let's talk about the next topic.
Speaker 3: Baby Doja Cat Doja Cat is Okay. I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a big fan of her music.
Speaker 3: I love her. I feel like she's really creative, she is super talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I followed her a little more on her come up, you know, same when she was a little less known, you know, I felt like she had a different sound that was unique.
Speaker 2: But let's talk about it. Let's talk about it. It says apparently.
Speaker 1: Doja Cat is actually happy that she lost one hundred and eighty thousand followers.
Speaker 3: I think she's really going through it, and I think like she's being really affected. Yeah, I think she needs like she needs a chill out and like go back home for a minute, like catch a beat. You need to catch a beat, because I feel like the problem with like being you know, super famous and being in the spotlight is you start losing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like part of the appeal to Doja Cat is that she isn't like everybody else, you know, and so I feel like she amassed a lot of her followers by being corey doing like unique things.
Speaker 2: Shape.
Speaker 1: I think she shaves her hair sometimes, make exactly. She's super creative and so apparently, she says. She says she feels free after losing the one hundred and eighty thousand followers due to her scathing dispute with fans back in July.
Speaker 3: But I don't understand why is she why is she not? Like why is she doing that? Against her followers. So I feel like when people follow you, they cheer for you.
Speaker 2: I think it could be twofold.
Speaker 1: Some fans or followers can become obsessive to the point where you lose your privacy, you know, or.
Speaker 3: It just you kind of sign up for that when you're a public finger.
Speaker 1: I mean, you sign up for it to a certain degree, but then once it starts to get invasive or you know, you start feeling threatened. Then you know, I don't think you necessarily sign up for that, you know. And so apparently, she says, seeing all these people unfollow me makes me feel like I've defeated a large beast that's been holding me down for so long, and it feels like I can reconnect with the people who really matter and love me for who I am and not for who I was.
Speaker 2: So maybe a little who is she?
Speaker 3: Who is she? I don't think she knows who she is at this moment.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, you have to.
Speaker 3: I think she was a certain person, and I feel like, because she's probably being pulled in different direction, she's a different person today.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to allow people the space to be themselves and an artist to create, you know, what I'm saying. And so the backlash came after she told fans basically to get off your phone and get a job and help your parents with the house. Apparently, on social media, users were debating if their fan base name should.
Speaker 2: Be Kitten or kittens with a Z.
Speaker 1: One fan asked her to reassure them that she loved them, and her response was, I don't, though, because I don't even know y'all.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's kind of so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's rude, but I can appreciate her keeping it real.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 3: You know it's real though, because when people follow you, they show you love. I feel like people follow you because they want to keep up with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but some people follow just to hate, you know what I'm saying. How many times have we seen haters in our comments and then you click on a page and they're following you, you know what I'm saying. So from her perspective, maybe she thinks she cleansed or purged all of the fake followers and now she's down to her core followers and her.
Speaker 3: Real I mean, I like the way you think, Marcus.
Speaker 2: I'm an optimist.
Speaker 3: I like it, But at the same time, I just don't know, I just feel like, yeah, kind of aggressive to say that to your followers. I don't think I would ever say that to my followers.
Speaker 1: So here's what she said in a recent interview with Harper's Bazaarre. She said, my theory is that if someone has never met me in real life, then subconsciously I'm not real to them. So when people become engaged with someone that they don't even know on the internet, they kind of take ownership over that person. They think that person belongs to them in some sense, and when that person changes drastically, there is a shock response that is almost uncontrollable. I've accepted that that's what happens.
Speaker 3: So listen, She's changing at a very fascination gradual changes. I don't think we're used to like.
Speaker 1: But I feel like as an artist, you never I feel like you never stay the same. Most artists that stay the same get left behind. And you know, comes ody, Yeah, so you know you have to allow certain artists their room to create, be themselves. And you know, if you don't like something, then maybe you don't like the next thing. I feel like, you know, most notable, I feel like Yay is like that. I feel like yay. You know, from where he first started to obviously where he's at now, there's been a huge transition in journey, and so somebody that didn't like Jesus might have liked, you know, his next album. So okay, I'm just saying, you know, allow artists to room.
Speaker 3: Say you're here for the journey with Doja Cat.
Speaker 1: I'm rocking with Doja Cat. I you know, I don't necessarily follow her. You know, I'm not a kitten or kitten, you know what I'm saying. But I support her. I like her doing her thing, you know. Yeah, but do you think that she's biting the hand that feeds her or do you applaud her for being honest.
Speaker 2: With her fans.
Speaker 3: No, I kind of feel like she's biting the hand that feeds her. But I feel like she's at the place right now where she wants to like self sabotage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, they's got a place where she just wants to like just really push the envelope and like, you know, just do things that are not.
Speaker 1: Well, You've got a lot of larcenists out there, so you know, maybe.
Speaker 3: We have a lot in common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I have a lot of common. You know, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like she's winning, but at the same time, she could win and not be So, you know, what's the word I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: I guess condescending in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you that, Like if people take the time to support you, follow you, listen to your music, download your music, then even at you know, to some degree, you should be thankful grateful for that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but we're rocking out with her. We love Dojaq.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm rocking with her. I'm rocking with her. That new song up, what's the Paint the Town Red? That's that's my that's my jam.
Speaker 3: No, she's so, she's so talented. We love her. Yeah, I think today was an amazing day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have fun today for sure.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for hanging out with us today. We love you guys.
Speaker 1: We love you guys. Look out for our wedding announcements. It's in the works, you know, in the works.
Speaker 2: And until the next.
Speaker 1: Time, follow us at Separation Underscore Anxiety Underscore podcast and tune in next time.
Speaker 3: See you soon. Thanks mm hmm.