Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory spelling an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Would celebrities come over and go swimming?
Speaker 1: Definitely at the house the BM House. Celebrities came over and not only when swimming, but always played tennis doubles with my parents.
Speaker 2: Ennis in their whites. It feels like, I hate to say this, it feels like the BM House was the better house. Feels like it.
Speaker 1: Was more fun, it had more in his heyday then, Yeah, so they entertained a lot more. And it's odd because you would have thought with this amazing huge house they would have entertained more at the manor, but they didn't. But I think he was getting older and wanted to.
Speaker 2: Just just he wanted to just be at home and do his thing. Yeah, whoa bathrooms? Now, say you were downstairs, yes dinner and had to go to the bathroom. Would you go to the nearest bathroom or would you go like up to your bathroom upstairs?
Speaker 1: Well, considering that would take a real long time and you miss out on half the meal. If you went upstairs, you have to for the elevator to come down, get you go upstairs, walk halfway walk up the stairs. I never did that.
Speaker 2: You took the elevator like all the time. Yeah, did it ever get stuck?
Speaker 1: No? Never, No, And my mom said like they were dynasty staircase and like.
Speaker 2: I would love the stairs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She would always say these double sided staircase, like I created it to have you walk down and get married.
Speaker 2: Did you do that? Which will be a later episode, But did you do that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: We had it at the manner did it outside?
Speaker 1: But by then I think my dad was so old they couldn't walk down the stairs so well, so we just had him walk out because that in itself was a long walk.
Speaker 2: So was there a bathroom right near the dining room?
Speaker 1: There are bathrooms all over We should google how many bathrooms there was a lot, but she always had a meta room, a women's room. No, yeah, and there was always my mom huge collector, not a hoarder like me, collector because she's not messy like me. But she I started my collections because of my mom. But in like the women's powder room, the guest bathroom there was like the Limos collection would be oh.
Speaker 2: I know emoj okay of course, so was there there was no potty that had multiple potties. They were still like powder rooms.
Speaker 1: The men's as the day.
Speaker 2: I raised, a day in my life so guests could come over and they could do a poopy and then bums.
Speaker 1: I want to and then gold embossed. I cannot napkins like hand towels. I was going to ask that paper very high quality paper belling.
Speaker 2: Did they say, what do they say?
Speaker 1: The manner? Golden boss?
Speaker 2: No? Stop it. They actually said the manner.
Speaker 1: Most things had at the house Prior to that, it was always my parents' monogram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that like A with the C with the S in the middle.
Speaker 1: So I think, but I don't think so. I think it is the proper way. At least I heard from my mom that the C comes first the S and then the A.
Speaker 2: And then the sure sure sure sure no female, no idea.
Speaker 1: Husband like wife husband. Okay, yeah, that was embossed everywhere. But once the manor came, there were no pads in the manor. I about the pens. This was stolen from the manner.
Speaker 2: There was pens. Wait, I forgot about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were pens.
Speaker 2: Manor pens.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was there a man or, notepaper, manor the pen said this was stolen from the manor.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very funny. You should look at on basically, we need to find those.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and then notepads. We had no pads in every room, like the leather bound just like at a hotel you would open it up, you could rip it off, it said the man or man or manner.
Speaker 2: Do you think you could have named every staff member like you knew them all by name?
Speaker 1: It did? Then? Yeah, whoa, Yeah, it was like family to me.
Speaker 2: Was there a spelling soap? Like would you have special soap that had an S on it or something? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, it's a good like her own blend. That's a good idea. You should bring that to my mom. It's a good business.
Speaker 2: And sauma. Was there a sauna in the house? Sauna? It was sort of the time of the sauna. It was the sauna ear.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, steam rooms weren't a thing yet, remember like it would be steam showering.
Speaker 2: Steam room was probably feels eighties, but saunas were around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saunas were like my dad would always take a sna when I was young, and I was like, oh, that's so cool. But wait, have I told you about the Andy Warhol paintings that he did?
Speaker 2: And my mom familiar with tell us again, so my.
Speaker 1: Mom is a collector of fine art. I told you when Wren because of like Monaise like, she was, yeah, very very into arto. But then Andy Warhol had contacted her at one point and was fascinated with her and said, is in the eighties, I would love to come over and do a photo shoot. And while she knew of him and respected him and appreciated him, it wasn't her type of art now right, So I think every one of her friends, especially her gay friends, were like, are you kidding? You have to say, Anti World's going to come to your house. This is legendary. So she said yes. It's still to this day one of my favorite photos of my mom. She looks sourgeous in the photo. But he did the photos and there's four of them, and possibly just like he does in the colors, those pop art colors. And he sent him and at first she had him in our pre manor house, going down the stairs in the projection room, which is really like our living room, going down the stairs into the arcade. And then when we went to the manor, she had them in the poolhouse room. Oh way, I know, because it just wasn't her thing. But of course when.
Speaker 2: I had friends though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was cool. Well, but because I always when my friends would come over, they'd be like they weren't into like all that type of art. I'd be like, there's you know in my twenties once I was yeah, we were more more cultured. I was like, my mom is Andy Warl's They're like where, Oh my god, we got to see? Wow. I always took my friends the air to show them that I.
Speaker 2: Would want to hang out at that point, I, yeah, where are they? Does your mom have no? Oh my gosh, what.
Speaker 1: They're not in the Manner in the Sky. I wonder if they're either in storage or she gave them or donated them. I don't know those.
Speaker 2: You call it the Manner and Sky her place. Oh that's a good name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it's name because it's a mini version of the Manner in the Sky.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god. So okay, here's my other question. I always wondered because I kind of want to talk about Randy, Like, do you think Randy loved this house and loved living there? I know we need to ask him, but like he really grew up there.
Speaker 1: His experiences, Yeah, he grew up there is way different than mine totally. But I'm sure there's a lot of the same feelings, so we should talk to him about that. It would be fair.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll be his numb. He's a little more in touch with his feelings than you are.
Speaker 1: You think completely good for him. I'm like, let someone it, let me your brother help you.
Speaker 2: He's so good at that.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is he constantly offers advice, and I'm like, I feel so guilty. I'm like, dude, you do this for a living. You work all day long as in here your kids and your wife. You don't want to be giving.
Speaker 2: You're truly very good as a life coach.
Speaker 1: He's really good mine.
Speaker 2: But I also have a great therapist for you. I do think you need one, But that's another episode. Could your brother, especially or you, but especially since your brother because he couldn't drive, could he just walk out and would there be like a limo? Could he say, like take me to Cuckaroo? I don't know the limo driver? Or did he have to get like permission, like we have to can Bob take me to Cuckaroo? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you'd have to ask Oh my gosh, we hadn't I think it's it's different like back then. People think like when we even when we were like eighteen or twenty going out, like well, my I was different. I'd moved out and had my own money and everything. But our dad like never just gave us a credit card and said like great, you know at eighteen, like let a limo driver cruise everywhere. Like it wasn't like that. I think people assume that that, you know, they see others. I don't very wealthy families and their kids are just doing whatever. Like we had friends pick us up. We went and we had, you know, our money that we had saved and like it we didn't have.
Speaker 2: The other vision is like one of your friends, for like Westlake in their Honda Civic pulling up into the manor to pick you up, which I'm sure happened, you know what I mean, Like they're like old wagon ear pulling in to pick you up.
Speaker 1: In this grown we had a station wagon like an Oldsmobile. Wait, should we picture like the Brady Bunch station went.
Speaker 2: Liker seventies we had like the we saw the wood paneling but it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah more eighties, yeah, okay, yeah, we had that and that was the car that nanny drove us around in.
Speaker 2: Do you call your nanny nanny?
Speaker 1: Her real name is Margaret, And yeah, Hattie's middle name is Margaret, named after her because she was definitely a second mother to me. But I didn't know. I grew up not thinking that was like a name of a position of a staff member.
Speaker 2: Like it was like, my name was nanny, nanny.
Speaker 1: My hopes and dreams were crushed when someone one day was like I was like, oh, let me ask nanny and they're like, you're nanny. I'm like, no, nanny, let me ask her if I can go do that and they're like, what do you mean? You know that means she takes care of you. Nanny is a word, and they like showed me and I was like in the pages or something, nanny used to go or something, and it like broke my heart and I was like, that's not her name, her real name's not nanny.
Speaker 2: It'll be like she was your nanny to you. So you fifteen nanny. Well, are any of the nanny is alive?
Speaker 1: I think Nellia, who is my brother's nanny, is still alive. Yeah?
Speaker 2: WHOA Well, Okay, so are you feeling now, like do you have any more feelings, just as we've been having this conversation.
Speaker 1: If I feel happy right now, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about the manner?
Speaker 1: I feel happier about it right now because all these memories are coming back as you're talking me through it, and it's not just like the place my dad died and stuff. It's like, oh, there were some fun all these fun times and fun things.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, we can't get to this episode, but the next one the Prince Charles party, Like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's a perfect way this episode the next when we do the next dig because I still have like a whole I didn't even get to page two. I haven't even gotten to my song.
Speaker 1: The only time he came to la and the only place that he had the biggest party ever, like in the States, was at the Manor, and it was the only party she ever threw at the Manor was for Prince Charles.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I definitely want to hear all about that. And as we leave you, I want you to think about one one question and you can answer it now, or you can answer it when we do our next next one. We'll do it in the next one. But really, think about this. If money was no object, So money is no object. You have a billion dollars right, like money is no object. I would love to know what is your dream house? Is it the manor now? Is it something like that? Is it the house before the manor is it even smaller than that? What is your dream?
Speaker 1: My dreams have changed since. I mean I used to believe in fairy tales and believe I really wanted the white picket fence. It was all, yeah, I don't know, I don't know about that anymore. I mean, it's definitely a sizeable house because I want my kids. I do have five kids. Those are fasts. So if I had my dream house, i'd want I'd really want one big ass room that I could have a bed big enough and they make them now where on certain nights, movie nights, like all my kids and I could sleep in one bed and watch a movie and fall asleep together. That would be really fun. Yeah, I mean, I definitely I always wanted like the idea of like a lazy Susan or a Benny Hanna type thing, but it would be like or like a rotating like rotating a rotating kitchen, just for me that I can make food for my kids. So we could all be and it would just be on a conveyor, but it would go and we could all interact and not have to like not yeah.
Speaker 2: Bigger kitchen so that everybody could be in there, because that's like the heart of the home.
Speaker 1: That's our happy place is Yeah, my kids and I we could and we bake and we talk, and we dance, and we sing and we watch movies. It's all kind of in the kitchen and extension of the kitchen in like a big room.
Speaker 2: That was all when you bought that house from NICKI didn't you buy a house from Nikki?
Speaker 1: That was a good house, That was a great house. I had a little shame with that house because so why, I mean I had worked my butt off to be able to afford a house like that. You know, nothing was given to me, and you get somewhere deep down when people would come there, I'd be like, oh, are they still thinking like oh this is her version of the manner in the ballet, Like oh, she's rich.
Speaker 2: Like you thought it was too big. It wasn't that big of a house. That was a pretty that would be a nice house for you.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, it was like just under I think seven thousand square felt it had six bedrooms, so it would have been perfect. Yeah, yeah, I don't believe in regrets. I regret selling that house because I was looking for something that I wasn't finding and I thought if we kept moving, maybe memories would go away and we would start a new family. But it was our relationship, you know. So yeah, I should have kept that house.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, I think you want like it's interesting because the vibe I'm getting is you don't want the manor.
Speaker 1: Oh never, that's not unless. I mean I do envision being able to take care of my kids and their kids one day, sure, and would love nothing more than like a compound.
Speaker 2: Where there's like a house with a guest house with.
Speaker 1: Like ye so much. And I know it's not in La or it can't be, but like a compound where it's like acres and acres and we could each have a house with the juds.
Speaker 2: Winona had that, remember Winona and Ashley and I and their mom all had that. They had like three houses on one big piece of property.
Speaker 3: I don't want to speak at school because kind of do that being in hidden hills, you know, so it would you know if they could just walk to each other's houses, that it would be a version of that, because that's my dream because for me, family is everything.
Speaker 1: So once they've left the nest and I want them to I want them to fly. It's sore, but I want I still want to be there with them. I don't want. I would love to all be nearby and be able to see each other daily.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my dream of compound on my terms.
Speaker 2: Like despite what we kind of talked about, it's like your parents did instill family into you. Even if your family was like a little different or more proper whatever, that's definitely you get that from them. So family. You must have grown up with family being number one.
Speaker 1: They did instill family. Our family is very different, but we did have We were all we were very close and we did things and yeah, you're right. I think as I got older and learned that it was different and I always felt like people were looking on us weird. Our version was, yeah, we were very close and I loved those silly you know. I still remember I loved our beach house, which we can talk about at some point, because the beach house was my perfect home because it was smaller, it was cozier. We didn't now everything together in Malibu.
Speaker 2: Oh, stay tuned for this episode because on a.
Speaker 1: Weekend, Oh my gosh, on a weekend we go out and get pizza and like go to Swenson's of course, and we would have oh my god, I remember an ice cream fight my brother and my mom and I had at Swenson's that was like iconic. And my mom I love when she does this. She's like me, if you like, get her silly and giggly and she laughs. She will laugh so hard that she cries, and that's the sweet spot. I'm just like, there she is, and I do that. You know, we're both similar in the fact that we don't show emotions, we don't access our emotions. But if you like really tap into that little kid in us, we both are the same.
Speaker 2: I love this conversations we have, like I mean, like I said, I have a lot more to learn, but love it. Is it weird that the Manners for Sale. I can't remember if we talked about that the last time. The Manners for Sale.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's not the first time sold a few times, right, Yeah, I mean it was wild for me to see how the manor was completely redone. Yeah, when Egglestein bought it, like it became very modern and it went from light colors to black and she did a great job. But it's just so drastically different, and it's like wow, wow, Like that was a double staircase. It was like not cream and carpet anymore. And yeah, laugh and moderate and it's like wow. But I don't know what it looks like now. I haven't seen it, so I don't know if the last owner redid it except for sale murder when the room went around. Remember when the rumor went around that Ben and Jal we're going to buy it.
Speaker 2: My gosh, that would have been crazy, so expensive. I mean, like it's a very particular person that can buy that house, because we're not just talking about your average movie starck.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean I would love to. I mean, this is a show. If someone wants to fund it and buy that house, I would turn it into the most modern, cool badass like like airbnban, Oh my gosh, Breakfast, Yeah, I mean Bed and Breakfast.
Speaker 2: It's the size of the most hotel.
Speaker 1: Inactive experiences and make it family because I feel like Bed and Breakfast aren't really for families. But it's so big that you can have like a wing where like there's kids stuff in, the kids down and then an adult side, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know the square footage of the Beverly Hills Hotel, but like, I don't think this is that much. This might be the same. I don't know, I have to fact check, but like that your house is crazy.
Speaker 1: Have I could think of such great ideas. It could be one of the coolest destinations and think about it, like it would be even more iconic for fans to be like, hey, I'm going to go check in this hotel. That's super cool. But also it's owned by Tory Spelling and legendary Aaron Spelling. It was his house, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: If back how it was when you guys have so we do funding for this, Yeah, we only need two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe in the next decade it'll be a new era. My kid will be running it.
Speaker 2: The conversation continues, But I hope you're feeling I feel good good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love when you share these things. Also, your hair looks great.
Speaker 1: Thank you. What's your fee for this?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm like a I think I'm a mediocre therapist, but I do want to get you a good gut.
Speaker 1: You've gone further than many have in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: I can only just tell that there's so much in there. I'm waiting for the day when like we're together and you just fall apart and I have to like hug you and like hold your head because I just feel like there's tears in there that haven't had their time to come out yet.
Speaker 1: There are, We'll get there.
Speaker 2: It's okay to be sad too, Like it's just I don't know, I think people are too. They shove sad down when it's like sad AND's got its place. I cried every day. When is the last time you cried? Like I have a tear every day somehow, not like a bawling tear, but like little tears or I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like a proper cry, like yeah, like a like crying.
Speaker 2: Did you ever cry like over the divorce or cry over dancing with the stars or cry like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I definitely had sadness like dancing with the stars. But I'm fine. I'm fine because I'm just cry.
Speaker 2: I would have got in my car and bawled like a baby sod be so disappointed.
Speaker 1: And didn't cry. It didn't hit me for days, and then I was like, because the show must go on. I have five kids, Like the show has to always go on with them, so you don't.
Speaker 2: I think we need to throw that line out the fricking window of the man. The show does not always have to go on. You get to have a minute to just like cry.
Speaker 1: Not when you have five kids and no one to take care of them besides you. Like, what what is I mean?
Speaker 2: I guess I guess.
Speaker 1: I could, you know, cry to pick up and drop off.
Speaker 2: I could see you cry.
Speaker 1: My kids are always with me, so they Yeah. I did have sadness after Dancing with the Stars. It didn't hit me for like days because I was trying to be brave friend. And then I was like, wow, I'm like, what's this feeling I'm I was like, I'm like Torri as usual. I'm like check check inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to go see inside out.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I've seen it. I mean I was getting kids, you know, drinks and food the entire time. I was just a snappitch. But you know, like you you're hired.
Speaker 2: I'm sired.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I definitely had days after Dancing with the Stars whar. I was like, it didn't hit me for a few days, and then all of a sudden, I was like, what is this feel? This isn't the usual me. And I was like, oh, I'm having like I miss Pasha and I miss dancing and it gave me such a joy. I will tell you the last time I cried. It was during Dancing with the Star's rehearsal WHOA. I cried a couple of times during that, and it was the weirdest thing. Pasha was teaching me something and I couldn't get it, and I was frustrated with myself, and he was super kind and patient, and we were trying to do movements and my brain was firing and my body was firing against it, and we're trying to go and I was beating up myself really bad. And he was like, you're very competitive, and I was like yes, and I was like, but it was with myself. And he would always say like when I'd mess up. I was like, I call it this thing called hoofing, where I like like, like I'm a horse, like a pilly that won't be broken, like hoofing across the thing, and I would make grunts when I'd mess up, and it was nothing against him. I was so mad at myself when I wouldn't get it right, I'd be like like m and like anyway. There was twice that it happened where I wasn't getting something that was happening, and then all of a sudden something was like on the brink of happening where I was getting the move I was getting and tapping into it, and I started crying and hysterically laughing at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh good, that's so healthy for you.
Speaker 1: That's what he said too, like pachaed so embarrassed, tears pouring down, so mud laughing. It was of intense pain, emotional pay lease. It was released. It was like this, and I was I was laughing so hard I was, and I was like, could feel like everything in my brain and physical and emotion releasing. And I was like, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Do you know I have therapy every week? Mm hmm, oh my god, Tori, like I have therapy three times a week. I think you need a label. I love it. I feel like you would love it because you need that release.
Speaker 1: Doe therapy obviously. But I'm more like, it's very hard for me to not like I sit with you and sit with everyone and truss the world and like share stories and giving the release for the outset.
Speaker 2: That it's interesting that dancing that's what they say, it triggered it, That dancing with the stars changes people's lives.
Speaker 1: I mean, for really it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh gosh, we have so much more to talk about. I can't wait till our next session.
Speaker 1: Same same, Well, I hope you guys really give us great feedback and like this because I could really use doing this with Amy weekly just for my own personal reasons. So if you care about me, let us know.
Speaker 2: Try to educate myself us.
Speaker 1: Downloads, download, Tell everyone to download so we can get these numbers up and do this more often because this is great