Speaker 1: Every day a week up the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Y'all done morning everybody. It's the j n V.
Speaker 3: Jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lawa roses here as well, and we got some icons legends. Today, ladies and gentlemen, we have new addition and boys to Men.
Speaker 4: They're going on tour together. I feel like this should have been happy, right. Why did it take so long? Who wants to start?
Speaker 5: I think that there's a lot of logistics that go with having two groups, two groups with such great success. In order to get that together, scheduling has to be right. Also, the you know what I mean, the energy has to be right, the climate has to be right. And I just believe that this is the time. God put this time as the time to show the world what this, this whole vibe is all about. New audition, Boys to Men, Tony Box and it's a real thing. And this is the moment God placed it right here.
Speaker 2: Not his boys to Benfield.
Speaker 3: I got to ask, because you guys, they were your idols, right and still you seeing them? You know, when y'all had to show in Philly, y'all coming to the bus and y'all singing.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's not actually how it went, you know what I'm saying. No, no, no, I don't mean to.
Speaker 5: I don't mean to, but you know, but you know, like in order in order for the story to to to actually be uh told in the movies, sometimes you have to, you know, make it all go together and sequence, you know, for people can see this. So there's truth to that. But it was Michael Bibbins, Ricky and and Ron. They were actually coming off stage at the Powerhouse and they were in Philly and they were introducing that you guys were going to be BBD and we had just by the time they came off stage, we had just snuck backstage.
Speaker 1: We passed past us back and before we got backstage, and as.
Speaker 5: Soon as we got there, they were coming off stage, and I guess, uh, Nate asked Ricky can we sing for him?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? And Ricky was like, yeah, got it tape.
Speaker 7: Y'all?
Speaker 5: He said yeah, yeah, got it tape. And we was like, no, we ain't got no tape. And he was like, well, y'all need a tape, you know what I'm saying. He started writing down the address, but then Nate was like, yo, let me go to BEIV. So he's like, BIV, can you know, can you know, you know, can we sing for you? And he was like, can y'all do it right now? Boom we busted into can you standing right?
Speaker 1: In? A capella? So it was backstage.
Speaker 5: It wasn't at a tour bus, but you know what I mean, the story nonetheless, it definitely resonated.
Speaker 1: The tour bus was more exciting. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, right right, there was a lot more sexy.
Speaker 4: I do want to ask you every every artist, manager, artists, executive relationship has its highs and lows. When you look back, what was some of the biggest misunderstandings or lessons y'all learned from you know, each other.
Speaker 8: I guess you could say, like when any relationship, I mean in a group, because even when BIBB signed his years ago, it was almost like him being a fifth member at the time, and I think it was more like a dynamic type thing. You know, we learned a lot about each other's personalities as well as just understanding, you know, how the business went. So you know, you had your share of highs and lows and ups and downs.
Speaker 9: But at the end of the day. It's all about that. It's better is the end of.
Speaker 1: A thing than the beginning and the other thing.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, So it's one of those things where it's like, here we are, look at this. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: A lot of people didn't think that this, you know, situation would even happen. But as you mentioned, yeah, poison men owe a lot to new audition. But this is what succession looks like. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: So so it's one of those things where it's like these guys did what they did, and they gave us the ball and we ran with it so that now we can.
Speaker 1: Rule all together. Now we can roll with it together.
Speaker 3: How often do y'all rehearse, right, Because it's a lot of different characters, with a lot of different families, with a lot of different moving pieces.
Speaker 2: But people love the old dances.
Speaker 3: They love to see in sick, they love to see somebody going left, somebody going right, the outfit.
Speaker 2: So how is rehearsal for.
Speaker 8: Y'all that's gonna That's that's the beautiful thing about new addition in itself, Like they carried the torch of what R and B groups should look like they are the standard, and when it comes to this tour that we're gonna show that, like, it's all gonna be implemented in the in the whole production along with Tony. So it's like rehearsals we haven't started yet because this is our this is our first promo run.
Speaker 9: So but once we do, we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Lock in and it's gonna be dope. It's gonna be the smartest though. He came in with the crutches because he knew what was gonna happen with.
Speaker 1: This is just prep. This is prep right here the game.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying that that might be an excuse. That's not right, there's an excuse right now. I get through tsa quicker than y'all. Y'all, how long is the show? Because you'll all have so many men individually.
Speaker 2: As long as the show.
Speaker 10: As individuals, you know, we probably give them, you know, ninety minutes, maybe even two hours. But when you put all of this excellence together, you know, in one night on one stage, that's got to be you know, prince like you know, it's almost three hours. It's got to be Bull Springsteen, you know, three hours and some change and I'm excited about it because how do you put that in ninety minutes?
Speaker 9: You can't.
Speaker 10: Can't you know, when you got success in the legacy that we all have and all the joints and even the individuals that are you know, within this conglomerate right here, I'm just excited about it. You know, we didn't start rehearsal, but mister Brooke Payne gave us a date for probably December first, And like Sean said, when we lock in, it's going to be crazy.
Speaker 11: Who chooses the track list?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 11: Who do all just all sit together?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna put it all together.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yea.
Speaker 8: Yeah, We're all gonna sit down and we're gonna figure out how this whole thing works. Because the truth is, again we are connected, we are from different cities, but the story is the same. So it's gonna be deeper than just doing songs. This is telling his story. Yeah, this is more so and unlike any show that you've ever seen, this isn't just about you know, lights and cameras and all this other stuff.
Speaker 9: We are literally bretering, like from beginning to end.
Speaker 8: So we have to tell that story and amalgamate that story to make people understand why this is important.
Speaker 13: This is deeper than just a genre.
Speaker 8: This is deeper than just all it's just a bunch of black folks on stage, like this is history between us New Edition and Tony Braxon. It's one hundred and fifty million records. Got so, so the thing is is that that that has to be celebrated.
Speaker 9: And this is deeper.
Speaker 8: This, This is why we urge everybody to come because this is history. This is something you will never see anywhere else in decades. So it's bigger than us.
Speaker 4: Can we expound on the brotherhood you know between all of y'all, man, you know, I love seeing all of y'all together after all these years. What have y'all learned about forgiveness and just staying together as brothers?
Speaker 12: Audition and boys?
Speaker 1: Well, I could say, go ahead ahead, you said.
Speaker 6: I've said before you talking about the fact that when you're talking about true brotherhood, it's a real true brotherhood and we're like real siblings. And I've said that that's why you see, we go through our ups and downs, our battles were then add some ups and downs and all of the above. But at this stage of our lives, when we come together man, it's like it's just nothing but laughter. It's like, at this point of our lives, we didn't been through a lot, and I'm sure there's more to deal with as far as challenges go, but we've come full circles just as grown men, just as as human beings, and and we have fun when we come together.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, do y'all need to talk with y'all just like, look, we brought this.
Speaker 1: This is the deal again.
Speaker 5: We this is the first time that we've even come together in this circumstance, you know what I mean. Other times it's been you know, we've been on shows with with BBD, We've done a few shows with Johnny and Bobby and.
Speaker 1: You know, and we I think we did one gig that we all were together.
Speaker 5: But I feel like in order for the energy to actually get to the place where it's supposed to be something like that, a breag Bread moment has to happen. You know, some things, you know, some things that we might have on our hearts may need to come out, you know what I'm saying. I mean, that's that's what brotherhood is about, you know. And and I'm a big fan of atonement guys. You know what I'm saying, I'm a big fan of of of of letting it go, especially at the age that we're all at.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm trying. I'm trying to. Yeah, man, I'm trying. I'm trying to. I'm in I'm in coach mode. You know what I'm saying. I'm really trying to be in coach mode. This is the time. Let's go out, let's make some money, and let's entertain these people and be on That's.
Speaker 12: All in conversation like that initial conversation, but we did.
Speaker 8: What he was saying was it's it's one of those things where because we're on the road and because we have the time, it's going to be one of those organic things. We don't want to make this a melo drama and it ain't no negativity, ain't no mess like like. You know what I'm saying, None of that ship excuse me, none of that stuff like it. It's really just about understanding how important this meant or this was, and not only to the fans, but to us.
Speaker 14: This is what we're doing.
Speaker 8: We're celebrating, we're going to have a good time. We're gonna go on the road and We're gonna sing and dance our asses off. Absolutely, We're gonna give people the greatest show they've ever seen in their life.
Speaker 2: You have fun doing this, have fun doing it, That's right, Michael.
Speaker 11: Anybody ever tell you that you look like Yo Gotti.
Speaker 15: We took the peture together at what was that the BET Awards, so there's a picture of.
Speaker 13: Him and not standing side by side. It was just cool to meet him too. I think he was right at the beginning of him coming through the door. He was hustling.
Speaker 15: He was standing outside on the red cop it with not no bodyguards and all that.
Speaker 13: He looked like he was.
Speaker 15: He had his crewel there, but he was a little more loose and it was It was good. We just looked at each other like okay, and we just smiled.
Speaker 11: Oh, so, y'all looked like y'all could be brothers.
Speaker 15: Everybody said, I think, what's one of the kids looked at the TV. It was like that, and it couldn't figure it out. You know, one of my kids, like he looked like that. I don't know if it was Shilah Starler was one of them. They was a little you know, it was little. Yeah, So it was all good and shout out to him. Man, hell of a CEO.
Speaker 2: Now what do you think there's missing in the R and B game right now? Why don't you think there's more R and B groups?
Speaker 12: They're missing us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, you know, I just think the times is changed. And that's the thing that we understand about time. Uh, and the world is constantly going and we've seen nothing stays the same. And the part of the thing is that we have to learn and have the attitude and take that mindset that you know, you have to learn how to work, continue to do what we do in that compromise that we are, but also understand where the world is and figure out how we can fit in it, because well, ain't stopping.
Speaker 16: For us that thinks we live in a YouTube society and everybody's selfish. Nobody wants to share with their friends or their brothers and their cousins. Nobody wants to make a group. Everybody wants their own shit, absolutely with.
Speaker 1: Their own money.
Speaker 13: Well go ahead, no, I'm not going before you.
Speaker 2: Ian might got an R and B group and to cut.
Speaker 13: Some are I was just going to make a point.
Speaker 15: But if you want to jump in, jump, I was gonna say, bro. Honestly, I think it started at the Recordly, I think people that are hired now some of them don't have an eye for talent.
Speaker 13: They have an eye for their computer.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you have to go in the street, like we met in the street. You know, they're singing to be close, and I think they look at it as the hits of the computer makes them a hit group. But it's so much more to it. And back in the day, like for myself as the CEO, I stayed the two in the morning and kept looking at the pictures, listening to the music, the an R and the people at the office. Now they're on the red carpet before the artists get there. So the responsibility and the care the detail is missing. And if someone would just slow down and say, yo, how many times we gotta look at the Grammys and not.
Speaker 13: One R and B group is on the shove right right?
Speaker 15: And the first time we see in an R and B group in the last five years, well, you know, we saw what Bruno on them did, but that was a different thing. I'm talking about someone from the hood, like a yoga signal audition boys to men. Jagged Edge is when Wan Suns was on there and Jesse gave them the shot. That's the first time we seen black kids on the Grammys ever in a long time. And that's where it starts. It starts Younger, it Scotts shot at the office, or it's gonna have to come from us.
Speaker 4: I don't think people are looking for talent no more. I think they're looking for people that are just doing absolutely.
Speaker 5: Absolutely you don't even have to have a record deal. You get the numbers and then you get a record deal, you know what I'm saying. And really just understand that there is a blueprint. You understand, a blueprint that we followed to get to where we are.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: There's the groups of old of our time that actually helped shape the entertainment value of all of us.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So all these artists have to do is keep looking at the blueprints, because the blueprints still exists. That longevity just means that you did something very very right. You understand and understanding behind it is. They're not looking for longevity, They're looking for the quick fix. Social media is the fastest way to become famous, but also the quickest way to lose everything.
Speaker 8: You know what I say, Like everybody's obsessed with going viral and not understanding a component to the word viral is virus exactly? Like why would you want to be a viral? Like there's two things that happens to viruses, One they get killed or it kills everything, Like why would you want to why would you want to base your career off of going viral?
Speaker 9: Like there's there's no future in that, and that's what the industry is t Sean.
Speaker 15: Honestly, I would have went second on that question, but I think we should ask Ralph what do.
Speaker 13: He think is missing? Because let me, let me, let me finish.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna tell you why the responsibility of being up front is even something that's in you, you're born with. And I feel like that question you gotta ask yourself. When he sits and watch a group of YouTube, he's looking to see who reminds him of himself. He's got that route treasurment. So Rizzo take the mic and tell us what do you think.
Speaker 13: There?
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 1: What was the question, what's missing in R and B? What's missing about the group's R and B?
Speaker 13: Like what's missing?
Speaker 17: There's a lot missing that game. It's all changed. It's not even the same place that we were in when we started. So everything has changed.
Speaker 1: R and B.
Speaker 13: Man, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, it seems like everything has changed.
Speaker 17: Man, nothing's how it used to be, you know, when we're out here trying to think about something in particular that can bring it back like it used to be. And I don't know, I don't have no answers with all that. I just feel like it's evolved.
Speaker 4: But it's interesting even, you know, for Bible to say Ralph was the lead because you were the lead technically.
Speaker 12: But then Bobby went off and was a great leading man, and Johnny.
Speaker 4: Was a great leading man, and BBD had success like all of y'all could have been a leading Now.
Speaker 17: He's something about how it started all off A candy girl Michael Jackson analogy. Can'dy new audition? Candy girl Jackson's that vibe is what Mike's speaking on. And during that time period, it wasn't a whole lot of.
Speaker 1: Examples for us.
Speaker 17: We just had what was in front of us or behind us, and trying to take what we had learned and make something.
Speaker 1: New out of that.
Speaker 14: Exactly.
Speaker 13: It's not adding what was going on in the.
Speaker 2: Current times, you know what the streets popping, And.
Speaker 7: I just think that back when we first started, what motivated us, what influenced us, the artists, you know, the Temptations, Blue Magic, the Jackson's is Death, that's not the motivation today. Before we even like knew anything about how to even get a record deal, because that was actually the furthest thing.
Speaker 1: From my mind.
Speaker 7: There was no way that you do that to approach that. So our main motivation was to how do we put on a good show. And we've rehears probably for a couple of years before we even stepped on the stage, and we were more excited about making the crowd scream, you know, than actually making a new record. And so now today, like Sean said, it's the motivation is how.
Speaker 1: Do I become famous? Not really about how do I put on a good show.
Speaker 2: But it has to feel good.
Speaker 3: Like I said, viv videos of my daughter seven years old singing new audition records, which is crazy because it's the music is a feeling, and I feel like sometimes you don't get that with these artists, Like music doesn't last at the time that it does well, you.
Speaker 9: Don't think that's a big piece of what's missing.
Speaker 1: When I think of it, it's love.
Speaker 17: Like when we came up, it was a lot of love, right, And it seems like love is not a part of the major the topics now.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 17: It's not about it's not even in the music. It's not in the approach towards when you the passion that we had.
Speaker 1: We had love for this.
Speaker 13: We wanted to do what we saw the Jackson's doing.
Speaker 1: We really wanted to make it happen.
Speaker 12: It wanted to be great.
Speaker 8: The industry, the industry doesn't groom legends anymore. They don't groom longevity anymore because it doesn't benefit them. Like think about it, when you when you have a company and you know that you can go viral with a kid for fifteen minutes, get your ad revenue, and then.
Speaker 9: Kick them to the side, right, and then move on to the next thing. That's a good money maker to anybody. I was there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And the artist suffer, yeah, but but the bottom line is is that the artists suffer, but the artists still have the hand. And what I mean by that is a lot of the things that we don't like about you know, because I'm being group chats with a lot of producers and managers and stuff like that, and they complain about the same thing, and my thing is change it, that's all. Just change it, stop doing, stop chasing the carrot like, because everybody wants to try to fit in the system, knowing damn well it doesn't benefit them. So the music industry isn't an industry without the music.
Speaker 1: So change it.
Speaker 9: Change the paradigm, change how music is consumed. Change you know, who.
Speaker 8: Has the power to create that next thing and then hold it so these industry people don't try to put their grubby hands on trying to make it like a you know, a viral thing or you know or whatever. It's partially our fault because we fell into the whole system and all we gotta do is change it.
Speaker 9: Period.
Speaker 2: Now with Bobby with so many hits, how many hits are you going to do?
Speaker 1: On stage?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man to the mic?
Speaker 3: And then because that's the time where everybody could take a break. You have so many records single like, how are you break.
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 12: And break.
Speaker 14: I don't, I don't know. It's up it's up to Brook and it's up to you know the guys. How much they want me on the stage, I don't. I don't plan to do no more than the next man.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 11: Okay, So for boys and men?
Speaker 18: How long did it take y'all to complete a whole song in the studio? Because you when I say when the song's be going off.
Speaker 13: You'd be like, no, no, no.
Speaker 11: I got some more.
Speaker 13: Specific with it.
Speaker 18: The Christmas album that I bumped all year round, christmaserversations. Wow, thank you, my favorite Creciate play all year round. I only did it take you all to complete a single song?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this. It took us two weeks to do the Christmas album.
Speaker 9: What that's all the time?
Speaker 1: We had two weeks, that's all we had. And we recorded it in Europe, London, in London, yes, with Brian McKnight.
Speaker 5: We sat there because we were on tour. We were on tour in London, right, we had Yeah, we had to meet the deadline and we sat in there.
Speaker 1: Of course we wrote.
Speaker 5: Songs on the road, you know, like Sean would call me to his room. He had joyous song. I came up with why Christmas. Nate had a cold December nights, Mike did no, No, Michael's cold December.
Speaker 1: Nights, Nate had what was the record of Share Love, Share Love.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so the idea like literally, to to do a new standard Christmas album was It was grueling because we didn't have much time, but we wrote the hell out of that. Like every aspect of it was straight from the you know, the soul, you know what I mean. It was real, real moments. So we did and we didn't want to make it.
Speaker 1: All like you know, jingle bells, you know what I mean. We wanted to make it.
Speaker 5: We wanted to make it so that so that so that we could feel it, you know what I'm saying, so that you could actually play that John straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you know, once you you know, once the standards come and play, you know, of course you can make choices, but when you have new Christmas records that people fall in love with, that's the only choice.
Speaker 1: That's why we decided not to make another one.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, I want you please, but if y'all don't need to, because that that's one of my favorite albums.
Speaker 1: Thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Why did you kill give Love on Christmas Daily?
Speaker 18: Because that's my favorite Christmas song, Like y'all was singing these Christmas songs like women were leaving y'alls.
Speaker 1: Because they were.
Speaker 13: That's all I had to give.
Speaker 14: I didn't have money back then, all I have with loved offer.
Speaker 19: What is it like for y'all when y'all are on stages and doing the different things that y'all are doing, and you run into people like Jess who are still filling the music's impactfully, but also different generations and things are being recreated TikTok and all these different places.
Speaker 9: It's the biggest compliment ever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the fact that these songs out are older than some of our kids and people are still enjoying them, and it just it is proof positive of I guess the work that we put in and the type of music that'll last way after we're gone Again.
Speaker 9: What Ralph was.
Speaker 8: Saying is we do this for the love. We did it for the love, and we continue to do this for the love. I mean, it's nice that we get paid well for it, but ultimately, what you're going to see and what people are going to witness on stage is love.
Speaker 13: Why we do what we do.
Speaker 8: And I wanted to touch too about how the fact that the industry is made not reaching back to history uncool. It's like when I see a lot of young kids like talking, they talk about that's that.
Speaker 9: Old shit it, yeah, but that's that good ship.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: The the reason why songs last as long as they do is because it just like Ricky even mentioned, like they're idols, were the Jacksons and Blue Magic and the stylistics, like you got to reach back to history to understand how to move forward in the future. And the bottom line is that a lot of these kids don't understand what was, which is why the sound of it And let's be honest, because y'all radio folks, y'all know the sound quality is different. Y'all know it don't hit here. It's just a bunch of sonics. It's just a bunch of drums and sound effects.
Speaker 2: Change a lot.
Speaker 3: Right when I do R and B parties, right, y'all records ring like newer records even more to the point where it's like I'm watching people do the dance and.
Speaker 2: This is festival.
Speaker 3: So it's like with different groups. I would say with y'all, definitely Mary J. Blige, it hits different because those songs keep going and these are younger kids. He could be twenty one year olds, These could be nineteen year olds in college when we do these parties.
Speaker 2: But it's still hits that make me happy.
Speaker 8: What the kids say about low frequency like a lot of the songs, unfortunately not all of them, but a lot of the songs have very low frequency. It's the reason why these songs that we've done for the past what forty years, fellas like in somemods, you know, but that they still ring true because again it still has that thick analog feel to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: Something right now in twenty twelve, my baby father played me mister telephone man.
Speaker 11: That's how I got a baby right.
Speaker 14: Now, mister telephone Damn if it was that easy.
Speaker 19: So you talked about you talked about the not being cool to throw back to like you know, legends and iconic moments and music. How much of the business has made it where that's why the kids are doing that and has it made it hard for you guys trying to do business because of that feeling?
Speaker 8: Well, first off, let me say just to answer the last part, our business is doing well. And this this is the crazy part too, that a lot of people don't get because we're not always on the front pages of certain websites and things that nature that they don't think that we're doing well.
Speaker 9: As you look around, you see everybody's skin glowing.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 13: On that note channel.
Speaker 12: We're good. Took them and see their numbers.
Speaker 8: And that's the thing is like the industry has got everybody so gassed to think that, Yo, if you're not on this this particular platform, then you're not doing well. And again this is this is proof positive. Like we're about to do Arenas thirty dates.
Speaker 9: I love it, We're fine.
Speaker 12: Let me.
Speaker 15: Again, let me say this like honestly, Envy, it means a lot to us when you're in New Orleans and you make that call twenty minutes before we hit the stage, sorry and say, BEV, leave me some tickets. He's always in the front, singing and stepping with us, and that means a lot. And I thought that was part of what you asked. What do we feel when we see y'all? It feels good, bro, because you're not being you know, the radio guy that got young. It being someone that enjoys the music. And that's probably why your tickets is always there.
Speaker 3: But this group is one that I see every time y'all in town, every time I'm in the town, because it gives me that feeling.
Speaker 2: I can see you once, I can see you twice. I know the dances.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: If somebody gets hurt, I can jump in for y'all. I don't think. My question is is there a song that you guys hate to do that? Like, I just don't want to do that song. Y'all looking at each other. I know what was one.
Speaker 1: And Still of the Night?
Speaker 13: I hate that song.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why you hate it. So so, so we're in Salt Lake City, were and and uh, the record label. I'm sure BIF has something to do with this ship the record label and was like, yo, we need a record for the Jackson's Mini series, and we wanted to be in Instill in the Night.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 5: We could think of so many other records that we would have been excited to do, you know what I mean, But they wanted in the Still of the Night. So okay, it's a very easy record, guys, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Of course, with our harmony structures, we kind of we kind of do it a little bit different because it's not the regular triad, but the issue is is nobody wanted to sing the lead.
Speaker 9: It was a day off weekend and we wanted to go snowmobill.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, exactly, so nobody wanted to sing the lead. So anything right, right?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, hell no, we don't want to sing the league because it's in the other night, right. So we flipped the coin.
Speaker 5: That's how we did every That's how we That's how we cleared every alter case, every situation.
Speaker 9: We would just want to slip the coin and nick one and we left.
Speaker 1: We left the studio. We left his ass right there.
Speaker 9: We left him and we did our parts and flipped the coin.
Speaker 13: And who was going to sing lead?
Speaker 9: Nate one?
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 16: I don't even remember, bro. I was so pissed off looking out the window snow cap mountains and ship.
Speaker 2: Hilarious that the additions to yeah, I want to know that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what's all y'all hate to do? I love doing if it is in love, but I don't like doing it.
Speaker 1: I don't because it's like, by the time you finish like this, you're like, I'm telling what you like.
Speaker 12: I don't like to do the dance.
Speaker 5: It's a real difficult I dig for me it would probably be You're not my kind of girl.
Speaker 13: What yeah, lyrics.
Speaker 1: It leans in on the dance side. This one move that we do what you know later on my ass.
Speaker 19: Hurts dance moves in like things you're not going to touch this time around one.
Speaker 10: We are definitely gonna I think we do want to give people a different experience. Like and B said, some of the classics stuff that people have come to know us for if it isn't love, maybe even you're not my kind of girl. Some of those things we're gonna keep in place. We might add some variances, but I think people want to see us do something new and fresh and different, and we're excited about the challenge of coming up with those things.
Speaker 1: For whether it's the poison.
Speaker 10: Breakdown or every little step you know, where people might understand in the aisles, like Mike said, they're anticipating the move, but we're gonna throw a curveball this time around, and that's what it's all about. I think the reason why we've been able to stand the test of time for forty plus years is because.
Speaker 1: We've always challenged ourselves.
Speaker 10: You know, we always really felt like we had to go deep because the bar was raised for us from some of the greats that we used to love to see and when they poured into us, I mean Lakeside. We would stand on the side of the stage every night when we were on tour with them, just taking that energy in. I remember time where my uncle would have a sit Indian style on the floor, you know, in a little meditation polls and he would play the Jackson's live album and he would tell us to close our eyes so we can ingest.
Speaker 1: You know what that was.
Speaker 10: And it's paid dividends. So we definitely want to give people a different experience.
Speaker 4: But you can't do everything that ballplayers get older, they even got to adjust their game, but they.
Speaker 12: Right, thank you.
Speaker 9: You gotta appreciate years.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell you gotta tell Brooke that because he ain't trying to hear that expect that they want the same look from twenty one.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, you try, that's what you tell you.
Speaker 14: Try Sometimes the Running Man just ran out.
Speaker 1: Night, the Walking Man.
Speaker 4: It's something that you all appreciate about each other than now that you probably took for granted back then.
Speaker 12: Matthew Ralph, Yeah.
Speaker 17: I think everybody's gifts, you know, I think back then we didn't realize how talented is. I don't think back in the days we realized how talented everybody really was and what they had to bring to the tablet had to offer. When we first started, we was trying to do like a mixture of the Jackson's Missed the Temptations.
Speaker 1: That was our idea of us. So everybody was supposed to have a role.
Speaker 17: When we came into the Candygirl album, it was more of this Jackson five ish vibe, which we would have switched it out the gate. It would have came in the gate a little bit more with everybody's talent talents being showcased out the gate. So I think that what I've learned is the brother how smart everybody is, how much they actually added to the table and brought to the table that you take for granted because everybody's.
Speaker 2: Supposed to do that part, which just taught you do your role.
Speaker 17: But then you look back later on, it'say, what if that he didn't know how to do that, or he didn't have that GIF, this might not have worked at all.
Speaker 1: That's what I've learned.
Speaker 17: I've learned that everybody's gifted, extremely smart and knows exactly what we're doing. It has gotten better over time and we're really a real brotherhood.
Speaker 12: What about y'all.
Speaker 5: I think that in the beginning of our career, we actually we were groomed, you know what I'm saying by great people. We had, you know, Michael Bivens, we had Kylil Rountree.
Speaker 1: We had.
Speaker 5: Jerl Busby, and a lot of the things that they were doing was cultivating what they already knew existed at some point it Mike would tell you, you know, they didn't know what to do with us because we weren't doing what everybody else was doing at the time. So, you know, when it came down to it, it was more so, you know, knowing what we were capable of vocally, because that's what the nucleus was. How good can we be with our harmonies? How can we set ourselves aside from the rest of the people that are singing at this time? And you know, I think that that was what we focused on more than anything. We didn't really get into the brotherhood until I guess things started going awry, you know what I mean, Because there's not a there's there's always levels to this, you know, it's ups and down. So when things started getting to a certain point, I think that's when we said, Okay, now we have to hold on to each other. Now we have to hold on to the brotherhood. And as you can see, we're lesser brother you know what I'm saying. Because when the chips are down, you know, it's that's a real thing, you know what I'm saying. Everybody has to stay as strong as you did in the beginning when you were doing it for nothing, you understand.
Speaker 1: So that's what it is.
Speaker 5: And then we just started realizing when things were at a certain level that we needed each other more than anything. We already knew what we were capable of, I mean, and we gave each other roles all the way from the beginning. I mean, there's always been the business guy, you know what I mean. Shawn's always been kind of like the the creative and the balance of it all. And I'm just a crazy motherfucker, you know what I'm saying, you know what I mean. And and but them, because I have a responsibility to the integrity of my group, I had to.
Speaker 1: Bring that down. And that was because I had people like Brooke and.
Speaker 5: And you know they they saw it and in their in their realm, and they were like, Okay, let's let's bring him in. Let's let's draw bring him back so he don't end up in a in a different way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And and no bullcrap, I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 5: My dude, the dude that saved my life in numerous instances that he don't he.
Speaker 1: Don't even remember. Is this guy right here you understand, yup?
Speaker 12: He has.
Speaker 5: And because Kyle used to say it all the time, you ain't gonna be like that motherfucker remember that name, I promise you, and be like that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I was like, but I love him, you know what I'm saying Like that, and and and and it was.
Speaker 5: An unspoken connection until I met him and then he literally I will tell that story another time.
Speaker 1: But this guy right here, man has He's checked on me even when like he wasn't.
Speaker 5: In New addition, you know what I'm saying, he checked on me, like yo, dude, you in ATL I'm like, hell, yeah, you know what I'm saying. What we're doing, you know what I'm saying. But that's the thought process. The thought process is everybody got us to a certain point. It was up to the ups and the downs, the struggles to create the nucleus that boys to men is right now that to know what we are all capable of, and we all play our roles perfectly, which is the reason why God is blessed us to be so successful at this.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to someone Ralph said, when you talked about, you know, leaning into everybody, leaning in everybody's talents earlier, when everybody broke off and had success outside in the audition, did y'all ever look at each other and be like, I didn't know they.
Speaker 12: Could do that, Like I didn't know BBD can do that. I ain't nobody told do that, not me.
Speaker 17: I was just static every time something blew off, when somebody was winning, I was ecstatic.
Speaker 1: I was at home like day go.
Speaker 17: That's Bobby was the dance entertainer, mastering our projects absolutely. You know, when we grew up, I just knew he was better than all of us at dancing and entertaining and just just being live.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He was that dude, and so not the world.
Speaker 17: The world not being able to see that as a part of our group, there was a big dynamic missing it so when he's when he stepped out and he did it, it's like, yes, they get to see that we have that in us too, because it was a lot of stuff that was becoming real candy girl, real them boys is real soft or this.
Speaker 12: Bubble gum and we don't get bubble gum.
Speaker 1: And so you don't you don't hate it, but you don't like it either.
Speaker 17: So having another body, and when BBD started representing and Bobby started representing, Johnny's in the group. Now he's doing his thing with his grown master. He's just turning everything to what we I really knew what we had and letting the world see it. So for me, it was just finally the world's getting a chance to see what.
Speaker 1: Were really made out of.
Speaker 8: Ralph, let me let me, let me give you all y'all flowers and say that this has been no group, white or black, that is done what New Audition has done ever, not to me, not for us. There's never been a group alive, past, present, or probably future, that has been a group broke up, all went platinum, came back again and went platinum again.
Speaker 9: Only one literally, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 8: So I just want to just put that out there, like They've done something that is unprecedented, and.
Speaker 1: The only way that that could possibly happen is if we make it happen. We can help.
Speaker 5: If we can help a group get to that point, then that's the only way. They have to follow the blueprint. If they're not going to follow the blue blueprint, then it's it's not possible.
Speaker 9: You can't be successful without following what we've done exactly.
Speaker 11: And speaking of that, one more big boy too low time.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love them, Thank you for them.
Speaker 11: I mean, we're talk about them. Boy got the voice.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. I am so ready to tap in. And you know, God blessed them definitely, and they're passionate about it. And with with different opportunities that come my way, I'm going to definitely make sure that you know, we we we tap in.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh man, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: When you think about some of the things that allow you to be successful, you know is discipline, and they do and they do.
Speaker 2: On top of the discipline, you have to have consistence.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. It's something that we.
Speaker 10: Had, as Rick said, early in our career before the opportunity presented itself.
Speaker 2: You know, we were prepared because of the consistent consistency.
Speaker 1: Time, rehearse, rehearse, reheard.
Speaker 10: We see them putting their videos out and make sure that they're staying consistent, working on their craft.
Speaker 13: You know that they have to have to get to.
Speaker 1: Touch thee. Yeah, we're going to be on. We got to definitely make oh Man.
Speaker 13: Come on, you know what to Charlamagne.
Speaker 15: Like, there's quiet storms in our group and you guys just really get to hear the music, send the concept. You don't get to get on the conference calls where this shit really goes down. He don't come in the dressing room where this shit really goes down. But I would just say this and Rizzo, you know, he's always gonna say it so eloquently because that's how he speaks. But you know, Ralph's important. When he shows up to do the show. It gives us a sense of strength. When he walks through the door. It's like Brady coming through the door.
Speaker 13: Yes, it is what it is.
Speaker 15: And you know when Bob is hurting or his leg and he's just like, fuck it, let's go. I'll just stand over here. He's like, basically, I can't do that shit, but I'm gonna rock this bicrophone and that means everything to the audience right when we're trying to make a decision. You know, Big Bro Johnny Gill, he's he's a heavy voice.
Speaker 13: In our group.
Speaker 15: You know, he's a he's older, he's wiser, he's not just a singer, but he's a leader by conversation, and he keeps us at a high standing. Just just some ship we not accepting, and that's just that. And in prayer, that's mister Ricky Bell. Whenever we need to hear a good kind word, he'll close the car. And that's so powerful to keep us together. And of course, you know Bro over there when he was speaking about the dance moves, it's because he makes us reach for excellence. And that's Ronnie. You know what I'm saying. When we want to just go sit down and grab some water. Nah nah, let's go two more times. And you see that in his performance on stage. So I was just gonna say what makes us tight? What Ralph said is everyone brings something to the table, and I want to say it on the Breakfast Club because I don't know when we'll all be back here together.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Mike, let me get you before you finish.
Speaker 13: And Mike slaughter is the point. God thanks Zill.
Speaker 17: He hands the ball. Everywhere he carries the ball, he knows next play to make. He's thinking of the next play to make, and he knows who to deliver the ball to to make sure that we get we scored the basket.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We win the game.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thanks bro. And I want to say this because it ain't over. But because of this guy. You know, he's mature. When I met him, he was just ready to sponge get all the information. But if it wasn't for Nate Morris, I would have never been to CEO. He's seen something in me that I didn't see it myself. So I always wanted to tell him. I tell him in Texas, I tell him on the phone, but I'm gonna say it to the world.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 15: He changed my life. He helped me see something I didn't see. I was nineteen. I know my words in Curson was heavy, but that's because I loved y'all and I wanted y'all to be the best, and I just wanted to.
Speaker 13: Stop.
Speaker 9: Come on, let me finish, let me finish.
Speaker 1: What did you see what.
Speaker 9: I mean?
Speaker 16: I just it just seemed like from the outside looking and you gotta remember we we weren't in the industry at the time, but you know, from the outside looking in, I saw what what Ralph just said, you know what I'm saying. It just felt like he was a guy that kind of held the group together. He had, you know, put everybody in different positions, and at that point, I felt like, you know, it's a group that we look up to. I mean honestly, and I mean I've never never told Mike, but I mean he did.
Speaker 1: He was. He was my first hero in the music industry. I mean, that's pretty much what it was.
Speaker 16: So for me, it was like, if if he can do that for them, you got to be able to do it for us.
Speaker 12: And that's crazy. Like I said, I just idea.
Speaker 1: I thought there was going to be real quick, but.
Speaker 13: Be able to.
Speaker 16: Here's the deal, We're gonna have our conversation. We ain't straight, but we know we ain't straight, but we all know we're gonna go get this money. We're gonna please these fans, and we're gonna figure out what we gotta do. Either we're gonna fix it or not, but we all gonna go out here and do what we that's a smarter move.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, let me ask the question, Biff, if you could go back and renegotiate that first deal with boys and men with everything you know, now, what would.
Speaker 12: You do differently.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That's a good question.
Speaker 15: So honestly, I think some of those deals was something that Gerald suggested. See he's the one that said be an executive. He said do a production, do publishing do or I didn't even think like that, you know what I mean? And it's the same choking. He was totally against it. He didn't really like boys to men, you know, so I'm fighting for them to be heard and to be seen. He helps him destructure stuff, and I thought that it was a it was a gamble. And the thing is like, we never had a lawyer sit in the room with us when we signed.
Speaker 1: It was just us.
Speaker 12: And them.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and we went through the paperwork and we just did it. The good thing about it is it was successful, right, and the record label, honestly, the record label needed a hit to keep the lights song that we mother fucking kept the light song right. We were thinking about it right and then sold So to think to think the thing is just even in all of that. What was the easier way to do it was fifty to fifty. Now remember, and their fifty is for them. In my fifty, there's one. And so a lot of the stuff that might, you know, look a little different later, it's through success.
Speaker 13: So a lot of that stuff there.
Speaker 15: Might have been the things that made it look a little crazy, made it feel a little different.
Speaker 13: But I was crazy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, But at the end of the day, what was able to come out of.
Speaker 13: It and what was able to do. We didn't fail, or we wouldn't be here.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, Mike and the fall that was Joe was your mentor. And just like what you know we were talking about earlier about the other guys talking about us being their mentors. And it's so funny because when you influence or you're being taught the game, you're rocking with the game. You're rocking with it, and you're learning as you go. But I can say this in a nutshell Listen, we all have been through a journey, been through some ups and downs and changes and turnarounds in our lives. And when you look at where we are today, we're blessed. We're all blessed and guess what, so what we had to go through to get here. At the end of the day, here, I'm not mad at anybody because this is like looking at God and smacking them in the face, because you're saying, I'm mad that you took me through this to get here.
Speaker 9: Towards riving today, I'm grateful.
Speaker 6: And nobody has walked the road and that has been easy, and that has been just that simple. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree totally.
Speaker 5: I agree, Johnny, But you know, under the circumstances as human beings, you know what I mean, emotions, emotions, me and everything. As human beings, you know, you have thought process. We have to respect the human in each other because it might be easier for some people to get over things than others, you know what I'm saying. Like for me, you know, my getting over it is very simple. I was the youngest and I lived in the projects. This man saved my life. You understand, he gave me an opportunity by the grace of God. God saved my life through BIV. He gave us the opportunity. So in my mind, he did what he was supposed to do for me. It was up to me to go the next to the next place. It was up to us to do that, and we did. You know what I mean, under the circumstance of forgiveness and all of those things. A communication is everything, you know what I mean, And it does not take away from the fact that you guys are our heroes, our mentors.
Speaker 1: You understand that way.
Speaker 16: And again, like I said, I don't I don't speak much because I only want to speak about stuff that matters. But in this case, like I said, you know, we've been able to be where being the nucleus that we've been for the last few years, and like Wan said, we all just got into the room together for the first time in a long time. And that's the feat in itself. I would say, even with with whatever it might be, whatever will handle or deal with whatever, it's a feat in itself.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of groups.
Speaker 16: Out here today that you know, get emotional about things and don't know how to handle business correctly, right and the kids. You handle business first, and then you handle your family stuff in the back room and not on the internet in the media. So that being said, again, it ain't nothing but love in this room. Whatever else we're gonna deal with We'll deal with deal with us.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love the fact that your guys are coming together right because you'll all had individual.
Speaker 2: Battles in the press and the public, in the croup and all that.
Speaker 3: But the fact that you look at how many you know, even rappers and R and B singers on this wall, let's no longer head you know what I mean, the fact that there'd have been so many should have or could have or dann that would have been dope. Y'all are actually pulling it off like that could have been. It's going to happen on this tour. That's why this is important to see that two amazing groups that can really sing and can dance, Well say y'all can, but singing dance to pull off this show is amazing. And it ain't a small Beacon theater. No disrespect to becing theater, y'all doing arenas So for that, we applause y'all. And I know I'm so excited to see multiple dates and I'm gonna be on the side of the stage just the case one of the members ain't there.
Speaker 1: I know, both groups.
Speaker 3: If y'all name your uniform, because it's about to be reverse racism because I don't see that many light skin.
Speaker 12: That's why it was so successful.
Speaker 1: Ain't light Year?
Speaker 12: He ain't that lights Year?
Speaker 20: Ronnie, my wife says, Peanut Butter, are y'all helping bois and men develop their biopic?
Speaker 12: I remember there was rumors of a boys men bio pick.
Speaker 1: To see that.
Speaker 8: I mean, we're still in the embryonic stages of it, still trying to get things together because we want to make sure that the story is told the right way, because there are a lot of things that, by design, we have not said. You know, there's been a lot of things that's been mentioned about the group and said about the groups and things that nature that we just kind of watched the last thing kept quiet, you know what I'm saying, because you know, it's it's funny how certain people in the industry tend to think that they could score points on us because maybe we don't because oh Jesus Christ, I won't gonna say now, but but my point, my point is that a lot of people tend to try to score points on us because we're not affiliated with a gang, or we wouldn't roll up on somebody because.
Speaker 6: We don't say that.
Speaker 8: We keep it quiet busy because and a lot of the things that that are said. It's hilarious to us, especially because when you see the people that are actually saying it, you gotta always consider the source, right, and when and when you see their positions and the lives they're living and things that nature outside of all of the shock value of oh, somebody said this, If you look a little deeper, you say, oh, okay, that's why they said that.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: The thing about the industry, though, is that everybody knows everything about everybody.
Speaker 1: If I wanted.
Speaker 8: To come on this this radio show and talk about certain people, I know I could because I know exactly what happened, who did it?
Speaker 9: The whole nine yards.
Speaker 2: People, You.
Speaker 15: Know, is we're in the error where you could just reply with your fingers, right, say what you say. You can tell someone meet me at such and such whatever, right, But you gotta look at it this way. Within the nine of us, I'm sure all of us have been through something and learn something. And I would say this sitting next to Bob, he might have some of the toughest skin I've ever seen any individual hats and the one thing I never.
Speaker 13: Seen up though, but I was gonna hold on, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 15: On, this gonna say this, but I've never seen Bob really wild out the way you may say it. I'm just saying I hear people say ship to Bob to me, and I say to myself, I like the way he carries himself and sometimes you gotta pop off. But I'm just saying, the skin is deep, and we got that somebody in our group. That is what you're talking to.
Speaker 13: The ship.
Speaker 15: The ship he got to hear when he's sitting on with his kids. That ship just don't go to the soul. And as brothers, we we check somebody when we're around someone and say no, no, no, no, no no, nigga, you can't do that. We're not gonna do that, and you're supposed to do that if he.
Speaker 1: But see, the issue, the issue is not us though, you know what I mean, it's the people.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Everyone has an opinion, you know what I mean. They call it social media, but there's nothing social about it at all, you know what I mean. The thought process about it is when someone says something about you, it's fine, especially if it's true. I don't care, but I'm tired of people lying about us. They lie about us, and we never say nothing. Well, I got a messed up knee, I got three schools in it, and I'm getting myself together. Before you go there, I want to give him an example of how we don't say anything like people been talking about our fourth member forever.
Speaker 16: Oh, y'all did this to him. Y'all kicked him out, he was sick. Y'all ain't give a shit about him. Y'all don't know the story. And that's okay because we keep that in. But I tell you one thing we've never done. We've never said anything about him until the latter years, to make sure that man, if he's not here and have a.
Speaker 1: Career, absolutely absolutely you don't do that.
Speaker 16: So we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't do that.
Speaker 16: That's not I mean, I'm the least social media guy on the planet. Yes, yes, no need for I don't live in that space, so it's no need to go in there and deal with all the craziness. So when someone is doing that and telling stories like literally fabricated stories, I feel like it's it's just felt like time, you know, time to defend the integrity of my group of my fellas. Myself, you know what I mean. And you know, look, I'm not gonna say boys to men. We was the cleanest niggas on the planet Earth. You know what I'm saying. We did some stuff, you know what I'm saying, a lot of people.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm pretty sure we put some people off, you know what I mean? And right, but at the end of the day, we were trying to protect our brand. We were trying to protect it. We didn't have Michael bibbins on over us anymore to protect us. We didn't have Kyle Lil Rountree he got murdered. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We were trying to figure out all kinds of things managerial. We have Michael Jackson and Prince telling us to know your worth and don't let nobody get over on you. You know, So we we developed a chip a chip. We started looking at everybody and like, oh, no, you're not going to do this to us. You're not going to do this to us. So when they hear our voices because we were so silent because everybody else was doing it for us, now we're assholes, you know, you understand, just because we're sitting in the studio and we're working on a project, does not mean that we're going to be consorting.
Speaker 1: That's not what boys to men do. When we're in the studio. We work.
Speaker 5: We don't have time to play games, you know what I'm saying, Because we have a We have to please these fans, you know, So when someone is saying, you know that we said something as specific about a friend of ours, come on, and.
Speaker 19: I saw you jump in the comments of the p and say what you said. But so why now even address that if you know it's not truly because.
Speaker 1: I got time. I got a messed up knee.
Speaker 13: I was sitting on the dam.
Speaker 1: I was sitting on the damn couch. I couldn't get up, I couldn't drive.
Speaker 5: I was watching cartoons and playing PlayStation and I saw that shit and I said, hmm, this will be fun.
Speaker 1: And guess what it was. It was very fun because I got a chance to let the people who really cared on that page know that it was a lie.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: You could choose to take it wherever you want. I'm just trying to figure out where it came from. I never said anything derogatory about Chili. If you read the comments I said I love those girls, I said, we have history together. I'm just trying to figure out what happened. I mean, we heard that Tian said, after the past of my thing, I ain't staying for this corny ass shit, corny ass show. That's what you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, why, I love you. We love y'all.
Speaker 5: Like the nostalgia when we walk into the room and they jump into our I mean, Chili used to jump into our arms.
Speaker 13: Lie, It's like, what's good.
Speaker 15: At the end of the day, we were just gonna sell some tickets because because to be honest with you, this where we are and what we're trying to do.
Speaker 13: Were trying to.
Speaker 1: Inspire absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 15: And you guys, this movie is gonna be a great movie. It's gonna be from your point of view. Your fans are gonna love it. And we just want them to come to this so they could see us together because we've never done this, absolutely, you know, and this this is really our first interview. So the Breakfast Club is really the first interview of us all together.
Speaker 6: Can I just say to you guys, to boys and man, let me just say this and I'll shut up. But I'm glad that you guys are telling your story because in the world that we're living in now with social media and everybody can get on here and say what they want, ruin people's lives, ruin your reputation, they can do a number of things. It is important. No, you can't fight the whole world. No, we'll never be able to change sometimes people no matter whether it's the truth or not.
Speaker 13: But when it.
Speaker 6: Comes from the horse's mouth and it's written in stone.
Speaker 1: It can't be raised.
Speaker 6: Can't tell you the story nothing else. At the end of the day, with your legacy, anybody want to believe, whether they want to believe, that's all. It's all well and fine, but it has come from the horses mouth directly in this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's so so the answer. Yes, we're working on the biopic. Bib is definitely gonna put his input into it, and work is.
Speaker 5: Going to have you know what I'm saying, because it's everybody's story, everybody every it's everybody's story.
Speaker 8: But the stuff they want and everybody was touching on man and people that were saying they corny the cornball, I'm.
Speaker 11: Like, none of that ship.
Speaker 1: Hey, he don't Internet, he don't he internet. He on social media all feel I live in the real world. Yeah, nothing has nothing to do with me.
Speaker 16: I don't know none of those people. I tell my son, if you might just open the front door and just let everybody walk in the house.
Speaker 2: How many fights did you get into on tour when people try to play?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people always try to play an R and B artist like you always think of RMB artist a soft bubble.
Speaker 2: But how many times you got to throw somebody around, move some purture, you know what?
Speaker 16: They They try to talk to me like, yo, bro, it ain't worth it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, so, I mean it's not a lot, but.
Speaker 13: Oh it's not a lot.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know, ship man, some people I think.
Speaker 17: They getting twisted this difference between R and B and some other genres.
Speaker 12: The greatest.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 16: Because we speak peace.
Speaker 1: People think we can't throw.
Speaker 9: No joke the bow ties for you.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: It's one of those things where it's like.
Speaker 8: We never had this braggadocious bravado, like you know, walking around like tough guys because we have to because we.
Speaker 1: Sing love songs. Why you're mad at us? We say love. That's how we do.
Speaker 9: Don't you don't get it twisted?
Speaker 13: And I mean, it's the shame.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 16: I think it's the same vibe with new addition though, because people was like calling him you know, popcorn but you know or Parka Popcorn.
Speaker 1: Saying I've been there, I've been there.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Johnny and Bobby go at people and call people like what you say about me?
Speaker 11: I'm laying.
Speaker 4: Now they used to play with Johnny.
Speaker 13: I got issues.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'll talk about God in a minute, but I'll kick your ass in the next. And then I turned around and asking for forgive this ship.
Speaker 9: Not get off, leave us issues, let us love.
Speaker 12: One last question, if the if, the.
Speaker 4: If the early nineties version of y'all could see this reunion now, I could see this tour, now, what do you think anything?
Speaker 1: It's long over, dude. I think it would have been different.
Speaker 8: It would have been I think it would have actually catapulted both groups to another stage because of the synergy and because of the importance of it. But again, we we we live in a God's timing, and the bottom line is it was supposed to happen now at this moment. We're older, we're wiser. We understand not just each other, but we understand each other's places in our lives. We know that by osmosis, we're connected. And again, branch, we have branded a tree.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: And again let's let's get it twisted. We will always pay homage.
Speaker 8: To these guys, you know what I'm saying for and thankful for what these guys have done for us. And this is our way of telling that story in an entertaining way. But two and a half three hours, like Ron said, We're gonna give you guys our story and and have the best time ever.
Speaker 12: I know, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Get your tickets. If you haven't got your tickets yet, don't be trying to me because you can't.
Speaker 6: And I have an announcement. Hell now, I'm not giving away no free tickets. I did that two tours, and every time I did that, it's not showing up. And I'm spending all this money. Some show up something. Listen, this is no a no comp tour.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not giving away.
Speaker 1: I'm done tickets.
Speaker 2: If you haven't got your tickets, and and I can't wait.
Speaker 12: What with the ticket sale we know.
Speaker 15: What pre sale yesterday, talking to your main thing, talking Friday, pre sale Tuesday.
Speaker 2: But the main thing is Friday, Friday, Friday, on sale Friday. Get you with.
Speaker 3: They're talking about thirty thirty. I'm sure it's gonna be more than that because they have to ask. Yeah, sell out so fast.
Speaker 12: I'm just having grown folks got something to do.
Speaker 13: Man, it's gonna be man.
Speaker 2: No audition boys to man. Thank y'all for joining us having.
Speaker 12: That's what I meant, Why Tony, Why why did y'all decide to get to them?
Speaker 9: We needed a queen and I thought that honestly, she was to me.
Speaker 1: I thought was a great, great part. It could be a great part of this.
Speaker 6: This this the whole movie, because it's about when you're doing a show like this, you want catalog, you want everything to be able to fit perfectly.
Speaker 1: And I think that she just fits for the for the first choice. Yes, she was my first choice.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, that conference call was different, but she's there.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you'll made the call to her personally, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 13: You did? I talked to her directly?
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, yeah, thank you because I'm happy I'm going to be seeing her.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Every day. A week ago up the Breakfast Club