Speaker 1: Elvie Duran in the Morning show. Here's one of our world famous phone pranks, Pelvis Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: The email coming into his headquarters reads, Dear Elvis Duran, my husband Roberto, Well, he and I have been arguing about this money we owe to Scholastic. You know Scholastic children's books. I love Scholastic books. Anyway, we're arguing about the Scholastic book account for our three year old son, Michael. You see, Scholastic keeps calling asking for payment on books we've already returned. If they call one more time, Roberto is going to go insane. I would love it for you to call him demanding payment one more time and watch him go nuts. All right, well, this comes to us from Michelle. Danielle is going to be the collections agent from Scholastic Books. The Michelle is going to come in later to help out with a phone tap. Let's listen in.
Speaker 3: Hello little yes, hi man, I speak to Robert. Please speak hi, Roberto. This is Leslie Lee from Scholastic Books. How are you today?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 5: I'm just calling you about a bill for three hundred and fifty seven dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have no clue what that is you had some books.
Speaker 5: Let's see Poky the Puppy, the Alphabet Truck, Duck, Mister Peabody's Apples, Everybody Poops.
Speaker 6: Scholastic sent me the return envelopes and everything before that whole package, and I went to the post office and.
Speaker 4: Sent everything back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't get them.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: How would I find out now? What's what went on?
Speaker 6: This was?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It has to be a year ago.
Speaker 5: I mean, I hope you're enjoying Everyone Poops, but I really think that you know you need to.
Speaker 3: Pay for it.
Speaker 6: I sent them back.
Speaker 3: We didn't get it.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: Can you write it's a check?
Speaker 6: I'm not writing no checks, not signing not Then it's done. It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: But it's not a done deal because you have the books and we don't have the money.
Speaker 4: Well, listen to me.
Speaker 6: You have the book and I didn't send you the money because I didn't want the books.
Speaker 3: You can't keep the books and then not get it.
Speaker 4: Don't have them.
Speaker 6: I sent them back.
Speaker 3: You have to have them because we don't have them.
Speaker 6: I think you got them.
Speaker 3: We don't have them.
Speaker 6: I think you're lion.
Speaker 3: I'm not lying. We don't have them. I don't know what else to do.
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 6: What do you think you should do? It's a nice day. Maybe you should go out and enjoy the sun.
Speaker 5: I can't go out and enjoy the sun because I have to, unfortunately, call irresponsible people that don't pay their bills.
Speaker 6: You get nothing, nothing, nothing. How are you send me a check for three change?
Speaker 3: Sir? You have the books? I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't have the books.
Speaker 3: You have the book. Don't raise your voice at me.
Speaker 6: Don't tell me what the race?
Speaker 3: Why are you being so difficult?
Speaker 6: I'm not difficult. I'm broke, sir. I have a lot of work to do here, so do I. I don't want to hang up on you. I have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Other people to call it.
Speaker 6: Don't pay their bills, hold them, annoy them.
Speaker 3: I'll just keep calling you back. Yes, Hi, this is Leslie calling from Scholastic Books. What do you mean again?
Speaker 6: What do you mean again?
Speaker 3: I have to call you until I get this money.
Speaker 6: I notice you're very persistent. Apparently this is not going to go away. But I can't tell you in any more plain right. I sent them back to God and got them.
Speaker 3: I don't have Okay, you always three hundred and fifty.
Speaker 6: You get nothing, nothing, you got nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you nothing.
Speaker 3: I spoke to your wife and she said, you do owe us.
Speaker 6: Check your records, talk to your people, and then get back to my people.
Speaker 3: Did you get me the tracking number?
Speaker 4: I can't find the tracking number.
Speaker 3: Well, then that's not my problem.
Speaker 4: No, it's not my problem. But it is your problem because you need the money.
Speaker 6: I don't have it.
Speaker 3: I need the money, and you're gonna get it to me.
Speaker 6: I ain't getting you.
Speaker 3: Your wife said that you would pay it.
Speaker 6: Listen to me.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 6: I don't really want to get it.
Speaker 4: I'm shut with you or yelly. Yeah, but I'm gonna tell you this nicely.
Speaker 6: No money finished, sir.
Speaker 4: You have the books, listen, go tell your story, walk and you get nothing.
Speaker 3: Your son is enjoying Pokey the puppy. But we need the money.
Speaker 6: Listen, you have the money, check it out of my Hello, Michelle.
Speaker 5: So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna call him together. We're gonna conference him.
Speaker 6: Okay, hello, yeah, listen, I have on conference to scholastics people. What did you say?
Speaker 4: Really? Upset again, she said, you're harassing them. I'm asking what.
Speaker 6: Did you say?
Speaker 4: Where are I'm right here, sir.
Speaker 5: We have you on tape and we're going to sue you because you told me and I quote, if you want the money, suck it out of my eggs?
Speaker 4: Were you hurt?
Speaker 3: I was hurt.
Speaker 4: You a couple of days.
Speaker 6: It's enough. Listen.
Speaker 4: I don't care for a lawyer.
Speaker 6: Call a cop, Call a part national god, call somebody who gives a You're not getting.
Speaker 4: Done now, you just said, go ahead, tape record it.
Speaker 6: Let's rewind the play back.
Speaker 3: Your wife is the one that offered us the money.
Speaker 4: Oh, now she's offering you the money.
Speaker 3: Michelle tell him I did.
Speaker 6: I had to. They won't stop.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you had cut?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: You're listening to nobody but me?
Speaker 6: You understand, just me?
Speaker 4: What do you listening to that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Excuse me? She listens to nobody but you? Who are you?
Speaker 4: You can't right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're king of what? King of?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I guess cushing out of yourself?
Speaker 3: Now, I'm very proud of myself. You know why why Why Because I'm Danielle Narrow and you've just been phone tapped.
Speaker 6: Nice. I'm glad to enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it very nice. I guess you got me.
Speaker 6: It was really good.
Speaker 1: Elvis Duran's phone tab. This phone tab was pre recorded we permission granted by all participates. The Elvis Duran phone tab were only on Elvis Duran in the morning show. Here a new Elvis Duran phone tab weekday mornings