Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, because I know not only are your entrepreneur, but you're really getting the politics.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be. That was the segue.
Speaker 3: That was the sailing because what you just said is what you said about the president. Now, like I don't have to like him or even vote for him, but if he does something that helps my community, I should take advantage of that.
Speaker 2: Because I'm taking advantage, taking advantage of everything I'm telling.
Speaker 4: But that's every president. Yeah, that ain't this president. Now that there has been no president that has been for the black.
Speaker 2: Community to take that, Yeah, that's the fact.
Speaker 4: That's that has been no president that has been for the black community. But if your policy affects the black community in a positive way, which can affect the greater community, I have to pay you some attention. Is that if I have to pay you something, you don't take Obamas for No. I'm clear of what I say and how I say. There has been no president that's for the black community. But if that president playing in any way or policy helps the black community, I'm for that thing.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I rate all us presidents at about a CE different variations from a C minus down into the d's too. You know, when you start off with slave masters at presidents that's a really funky comment. So you have to spend your life as a person of color reconciling the fact that the dollars that in your pocket, the dead men, the slave masters that are only that that that give you worth and value to the things you're doing own people, and that wealth is something. So you know, when we get walk, when we get mad, we want to castigate rappers and then are tinners and chit yill right, thank your.
Speaker 2: Money you have there to do, japs though you're twenty dollar bill.
Speaker 4: That you're tipping the stripper with genocide on people that were from Middle of America and that were red and were.
Speaker 2: Here before you got here.
Speaker 4: So you're passing a genocidal bill to pay for your Sarah and your your need to get grinded off.
Speaker 2: And you've never.
Speaker 4: Chastised yourself enough to say, I'll only pay my PayPal because our vote or greenwood.
Speaker 2: So I'm by the way.
Speaker 4: You know what, you know, man, it matters of money. We had better learn that we're going to have to pack some emotion to the side to accomplish specific dolls from a monetary standpoint, so that we can take care of ourselves because no one's coming to savings, nothing's coming out of sky to save us. Karma, although it's a nice concept. Evil people live longer and they seem to be happier. George Bushton down he was ninety middle something.
Speaker 1: So but you were, you were supporting Bernie Sanders. Absolutely, so you work, you have progressive I guess liberal views.
Speaker 4: If if voting for Bernie Sanders takes my taxes up out of the forties into the fifties, just as succeed takes care of the next twenty five to thirty years of Americans in terms of education, health care, trade that trade and college education and basics and and extensive health care, and provide social programs that grow us as a country. I have no aversion to supporting it, and in fact, I think that much of his policy has been raped, robbed, and looted by both parties at this point, versus us getting behind the person who wanted to give us everything we would have needed during this pandemic, including some type of universal income, including some type of health care that was universal leading toward it, including decriminalization of marijuana, including a federal task force that would have dealt with Row Police House, including all these seas that would have affected us. But because we didn't do it, because we didn't go that move, or because we got robbed of it, or whatever, the theory is being, you gotta you know, you gotta do with what you got, and you better master your coin, you know, because we're we're in a system where as much as they want to say they care like Vernion, they don't. And if you're not going to allow me to pay my ten or fifteen extra to let someone like he'll eat the way, don't get mad. And I'm gonna try to keep an extra ten of fifteen percent and figure out who the fuck trump tax.
Speaker 2: But I you know I didn't. I didn't vote for the evil person. I wanted that, Ernests, What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to I want to go back to Greenwood for a second, because a lot of times, and even in the book, it dies into the fact of black banks being put in neighborhoods right where deposits weren't coming in at a frequent rate, and so they had to charge higher interest rates when they weren't loaning out money because most of people don't really understand how banks make money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lows right.
Speaker 3: So my thing is like, is Greenwood is there going to be similar how other interest rates are going to be competing with the big banks?
Speaker 4: So that the first first versus deposits saving. So it's steps, this is where we are first. First, the goal is to wipe out check fashion, to wipe out the main the main parasites in poor and working class people fly. So you know, people here saved twenty forty bus sound like much to them, But when you're talking about now you can save ten percent of your income, what about let person gets to raise and get five on your thousand on. Now you're saving more money. So that is the attack, and the next phase is in loans and home ownership, automobile.
Speaker 2: Ownership, and in the phase after that.
Speaker 4: So I like the fact that Ryan is, unlike in the past, is not trying to do everything himself at the same time as much as he's seeking And they're talking to allies at this moment realizing who are they going to get into business with in terms of partnering with larger institutions that recover, who are the institutions that your money is actually going to be sitting with, and as a platform, what they can do to reduce the even cost of you, help you become more financially literate, help.
Speaker 3: You to save and something. And that's the first step. Eradicate the check cash. Yes, pushing the back of the day was also the sofone store.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's level.
Speaker 3: Then we got the deposits and loans, and so I guess the next the last things would be business loans.
Speaker 2: Small business loans. Yeah what small man.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't think that's the last stage. I just think that I just think that if you're going to run nine miles. Plot out your first three, then plot out your next three, and then your final three. Right, So let's just say those are the first three miles. Yeah, and I saw I wrestling.
Speaker 1: Where Ryan said, like, I think fifty percent of black businesses, Oh, black businesses get loans at fifty percent lower rate white businesses.
Speaker 4: I think it's we're returned, yeah, at fifty percent lower rates. We're also denied in comparable application. We're denied twenty one percent of the time in white's on eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, and so I'm assuming that's something that you guys will be trying to eradicate.
Speaker 4: As far as with Greenswood, there's definitely going to be you know, Greenwood is not Superman, doesn't come in the same What it is is a part of the Avengures. It's a part of alternative ways now for us to take control around dollars. And that's everything from a new black credit union that's popping up. It's everything from the traditional black banks that are already in the market, whether it be Citizens Trust or Carver or One United, and that's new platform and fintech like Greenwood. You know, I'm an advocate for you know, if you want to if you want to get the freedom, take a whole lot of buses, you know, don't depend on everyone going in one bus, you know what I'm saying. And he even told me and Ryan don't travel together, you know what I mean. He's just like what you guys are doing is that, See don't even travel together. Because if freedom is the objective, there may be slightly different variations up, but we'll get there even if it's not at the same time. But I think we need a lot of pistons firing and an engine, not just one, and we have to we have to begin to end. I would want or or need to critique or overly criticize based on a cast failure.
Speaker 2: Because the failure is something you learned from that, and that's the part.
Speaker 3: It was like if people understood their relationship with the money, they would understand. It's like if my iPhone breaks, I don't say I'm never using Apple. I'm just gonna get another iPhone, you know what I mean. But if we like, and I bank with citizens or shout out to citizens, but if they like, if they mess up with deposit, It's not like y'all never banking with them again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give them the same thing. We gotta get it fixed.
Speaker 4: And again that's why I tell people like one day as a leader, which I wasn't even in the in the space to be, but they pay another people like that black women to make you leave.
Speaker 2: But you know, I'm gonna say my bad, I fucked
Speaker 4: Up my graduates from my school being force back drop back drop, Mike drop, back drop drop