Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back into another episode of the cycle. I am not Ryan Warmley. I am your host, Mike Mayer, and I am joined today by Kelly Kirby, who I think because you're gonna be on the show next week as well, I believe you're gonna be here for three weeks in a row. Is that right?
Speaker 2: I that is correct. I don't know why I don't get my own, like, you know, to start picture competition at this point, but I'll just keep filling in for you guys.
Speaker 1: That's true. We should just expand the contest for the three of us, and even when you're not on the show, have you submit a pick so that we can you know, we can follow along. We should probably do that, probably a little late to do it retroactively, but I'm sure Worm will give you the Shane smith starts if you want those to start with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. He was really happy about my my Shane Smithy like gift to him. But you know, I didn't burn anybody good, so that's fine. Today I'm burning somebody good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that, but we want to boil that. That's two videos from now. So I have a few different segments here at the top for rounding the basis. So I'm going to jump right into the first one. I wanted to do kind of a fun burning question segment. It felt like a good time a year to do it, and I have a handful of questions that I'm going to you know, toss at you, give a little bit of context and we can go back and forth. Does that sound good to you? Not that it matters, we're doing it either way.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, yeah, it doesn't matter, but that sounds wonderful, great idea my ear.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, Burning question number one perfect? What are you doing with Spencer Stryder now that he's back and things are not going great? Do? I mean you can't drop him obviously, like we're not in drop territory, but like can you can you keep running him out there? He's ras five six'. Eight some of his expected numbers are even worse than, that nineteen strikeouts and nineteen. Innings but it just he hasn't looked like, himself which is somewhat. Understandable but also he looks like a early usable pitcher in fantasy right.
Speaker 2: Now, YEAH i MEAN i think that if it's a shallow, LEAGUE i could drop him because my biggest problem with him at this point is that is the strikeout rate is so low compared to what he usually. Was right so in twenty twenty, two twenty twenty, three he's at thirty eight, percent thirty six, percent and he is down to twenty three percent right. Now And i'm sort of that mindset where if he's not striking out that many, guys then what are we holding on to him? For that's his you, know that's one of the best reasons to have. Him and AND i MEAN i WOULD i could handle a higher, WHIP i could handle a higher anything if that strikeout percentage was.
Speaker 1: Better and it's just Not, yeah and it's a you, know you you mentioned the strikeout, percentages which are a lot of people in the industry have you, know moved towards as a more accurate indicator of. Strikeouts if you're more of the traditional kper, nine it's exactly, nine which is still. Good but his career caper nine is over. Thirteen so it just shows you how far down we are from. There you, know Nine for most, pictures you'll take that that's really, good but For Spencer strider it means no. Bueno so what about in like a roto, league like a standard road, league are you still starting? Him you, know let's say in our league where we're in the bottom two in the standings and we need, everything we're so.
Speaker 2: Bad, yes, yeah no. Starting, NO i mean unless he, starts unless he's got like The rockies in The White sox lined up in one, week if there's one iffy. GAME i just at this point don't want to run him out. There and, right we're not sure what's. Wrong we're not sure like if this is just him working his way, back we're not sure if this is an actual issue like that is going to continue to. Exist so if it's a weekly, league not, again it has to be two really sweet starts for me to throw him. Out but, YEAH i mean in twelve fifteen team, leagues, like, yeah you. Can't you can't drop, him like because He's Spencer. Schrider so it's kind of that idea that name recognition should get you. Something so if there's somebody that you, want you may be selling as low as you can On, strider but if it helps, you like right, now then you know you might as well throw it out. There see if somebody wants, Him.
Speaker 1: Yeah THAT'S i was going to bring that up. Next that's kind of the uh you mentioned name. Recognition that's kind of how you would be selling. Low you would have to hope that you're selling, low but that that low is like a little bit higher because his name Is Spencer strider and you can get maybe fair value for, him or something close to fair. Value you're not going to get like Old Spencer strider, value but you can get you, know a little bit better than his numbers value in. Return so, YEAH i think IF i have, him it would pain me to shop, him especially after like stashing him for this. SONG i Think i'm still running them out there In roto and just like hoping for the best because chances ARE i need him IF i stashed him AND i use that draft pick on, him and So i'm just putting him out there and closing MY a lesser name Is Addison barger, Legit And i'll give you a little bit of context there and not just toss you that. Question but he's been, really really good. Lately he let's see his numbers on the. Year his numbers on the year don't look as. Fantastic two sixty six, average six home runs and forty games two ninety five expected batting, average but of late he's been a lot. Better so In may he batted two ninety two with four home. Runs you know that was after not playing all a ton in the first month of the season he batted one eighty five and parts of ten. Games but In may played every, day two ninety, two four home, runs and already In june he has two home runs in the first three. Games AND i just don't really know what to make of. Him, he's you, know LIKE i, said he's not really a name that you, know he's a he's not like a highly touted. Prospect he's twenty five years. Old we've seen a little bit of of him, before he came up a little bit last, year AND i don't, know, like do you think this is like him taking the next step and he's going to be like a steady starter and like someone you can use in fantasy or is just this just like a prolonged hot streak and we won't know who he is next.
Speaker 2: YEAR i, MEAN i THINK i was leaning toward prolonged hot. Streak but he's also you, know playing third, base so he might as well write it a little. Bit BUT i also you. Know SO i looked up a stackcast page and his expected numbers are are. Good he's pretty red all the way. Through BUT i was looking, like, okay, like you, know is he striking out at this giant, Clip and he's kind of right around the fiftieth percentile And Chase swift strikeout and walk. Percentage so as long as he stays there, where it's not this year trying to exchange you, know like home runs for a thirty five percent, strikeout, RIGHT i think it's possibly. Sustainable and even if he just stays right where he is a two sixty six, average he has almost as many home runs this year year as he did all of last year and like one hundred fewer at bats, like SO i would say he's. LEGIT i would SAY i will also probably forget about him next. Year so does that make?
Speaker 1: Sense, YEAH i think it's legit in the. Moment we he has shown some power in the past in the, minors like not in the in the last couple of. Years but in twenty twenty two he hit twenty six home runs in twenty two games Across DOUBLE a And TRIPLE a with an average above three. Hundred so that's not, nothing and then he's just kind of like been fine at the minor league, level which seems like what is you, know if he's going to be a major, leaguer that's probably what his destiny is there. Too he's just going to be. FINE i could see him being someone we like stream on and off our roster for the next few years with you, know the occasional hot streak like. This so let's move on to the next. One and this next burning QUESTION i have for, you is this what The Junior Camin arrow breakout looks? Like AND i say, THIS i like to listen to THE cbs guys know not to you, know Tout arrival, podcast BUT i think they do a good job AND i like to listen to them as. Well you, know there's room for everybody on my podcast. Feed and something they say sometimes, is you, know they're asking if a player is breaking, out and they, said if he is breaking, out this is what it would look. Like and SO i ask you For Junior cameronaro with you, know how he's doing right. Now he's don in two fifty eight with fourteen home, runs four stolen, bases and he's been In may batted two seventy six with seven home, runs and it just seems, like you, KNOW i was a little skeptical coming into the. Year it seemed like some people were kind of drafting him out of a, ceiling WHICH i hate. Doing but so far looks pretty. Good and he is someone who you, know has some kind of, prospect some prospect. Pedigree he's, younger he's still twenty one years. Old he was about to turn twenty, two so we'll call him twenty two years. Old but hitting in the middle of that lineup, again as you mentioned third, base where you, know people really need third base. Help and if you drafted Junior, cameronaro you're probably feeling pretty good right, now especially with like five usable third basemen in, fantasy you're probably pretty happy to have. Him so is this what the junior Kamen aero breakout looks?
Speaker 2: LIKE i, MEAN i think so like this this is kind of what we, expected, Right like you, said they were people were drafting at a, Ceiling but, like is this the? Ceiling AND i THINK i think you kind of got him actually a little bit lower than his. Ceiling if he continues on this, Path ALL i know is, that like through most Of, may we have our home run contest on our, discord and it was LIKE i kept asking myself WHY i wasn't Calling Junior cameronaro because it just seemed like he homered every single day and yet still never called. Him so he is definitely. HOT i think it's like you, said everything else comes into play their third. Base he's in PRETTY i, mean The rays are decent at. Least, Yeah SO i think he'll just keep hitting and he's good to have on a. Roster.
Speaker 1: YEAH i think you made a good point there that we don't know what the ceiling. IS i don't think this, is you, know especially as a twenty two year, old not twenty. ONE i don't think this is the. CEILING i think he, has you, know room to get even. Better and so if you're getting this production out of, him, already enjoy. It don't sell, high just keep writing. Him anyone with a pulse at third base is usable right, now and he has a very good. Pulse so enjoy another third. BASEMENT i didn't intend to do all third basement with these burning. QUESTIONS i didn't realize that until we started. Talking my next burning question is did glasses Fix Max? Muncy because there's this kind of phenomenon right now where he got glasses to. FIX i THINK i believe it was a stigmatism and since that, happened he's been really, good AND i think it was about. It it's a little over a month, now so let's just call It. May you, know this is a guy who always has good, power but his betting average is you, know sometimes around like two hundred if you're. Lucky and so you can see In march And april bat at one ninety four with just one home, run and since In may he betted two fifty with five home, runs and it's very small sampasized In. June but In june he's batting three h eight with three more home, runs and people are, wondering is this just the New max? Monthly like was he just having trouble seeing the ball and was just you, know is this a new version or do you think this is just kind of a Coincidence and it's you, know, again it's like a hot, streak and you know it's not we have seen this before From Max monsey where he gets really. Hot it's a lot of home runs and you, know he's. Fine it's kind of where the numbers settle but do you think this is a New Max monsey or do you think this is just Another max monzly like.
Speaker 2: Streak, YEAH i MEAN i looked up his, age so he's going to turn thirty five In. August and for everyone who's younger than thirty five out, listening at some point your eyes will just fall off a cliff and you will suddenly not be able to see everything you used to be able to. See and for some people ON i think thirty five is where that. Happens for, me it was, like literally DAY i turned forty, one all of a, SUDDEN i just couldn't read anything. Right so let's give the glasses some. Credit and maybe that definitely helped him to adjust back to like seeing the ball.
Speaker 1: Better.
Speaker 2: Right he's also A Max, moncy SO i don't think this is going to suddenly fix the batting. AVERAGE i don't think this is gonna suddenly make him not strike out as much LIKE i feel, like you, know he maybe he'll be the Good Max moncy for, longer or like these hot streaks will last a little bit, longer but you have got to watch, out BECAUSE i think the bad streaks are still just gonna. Come it's just a matter of like how infrequently they'll be there now that he can.
Speaker 1: See SO i can actually relate to, this not as a you, know WHEN i was thirty, FIVE i didn't get. Glasses but WHEN i was in high school playing, BASEBALL i was a really good pitcher and a really good fielder and like a mediocre, Hitter LIKE i was, fast BUT i had like no, power and my batting average was. Poor AND i always especially as you get into high school and you start you, know seeing like you, know curveballs and. Stuff you're talking to like coaches and other hitters and they talk about like looking at the, seams And i'm, like what are you guys talking. ABOUT i can't see the. SEAMS i just see like a white. Blur and it turned OUT i needed. Glasses and ONCE, i ONCE i played glasses on her were. CONTACTS i was, like, OH i can see the seams NOW i could see what you guys talking. About before it was just like this floating white what white blob at. Me it didn't really make me much better of a, hitter but it was fascinating to see the. Difference SO i whenever someone has like a eyesight change like, That i'd always, like and it always reminds me of exactly what. Happened and now on this, show you know that we Consider Ranger suarez potentially the best picture in baseball for many, reasons most of them because he was really good at the start of last year and so now he started the year on the injured, list he worked his way, back and since coming, back he's been. Good and SO i ask you this burning, question how back Is Rain.
Speaker 2: SUAREZ i, MEAN i think he's back to a top five pitcher based on this on the, site on the cycles. Recommendations so, YEAH i, mean he looks. Good The afhillies are. Good you, know he's got four wins in the six, games AND i know that again we don't chase, wins but he puts himself in a position to get, them and that's and he's just kind of always put himself in a position to get. THEM i feel, Like, so, yeah he's he's. Back he's The Ranger swaz. BACK i. GUESS i, MEAN i think that some of his numbers are going to jump up a little, bit like there's no way he's going to end up with two seven two, Ya but, YEAH i, mean And i'm looking at it like third, base maybe a, desert but starting pitching for me has been a, mess and so If suarez is sitting out there or somebody interested in unloading, HIM i would be interested in having him at this.
Speaker 1: Point, YEAH i, mean we joke about him being the best picture in, Baseball Like worm AND i talked about this a few weeks. AGO i don't even remember why we say that. ANYMORE i think it was like at one point in the beginning of twenty twenty, four he was like the only person with a complete game shutout or. Something it was something like That worm thought he threw a perfect. GAME i was, like get out of. Here he didn't after a perfect. Game it was just a. Shutout but he's just so there's been like good and so we consider him the.
Speaker 2: Best you.
Speaker 1: Know it's kind of just a running joke that we like to bring up on the. Show but, YEAH i agree with what you. SAID i am in a bunch of leagues WHERE i got up to slow starts with, hitting AND i had a bunch of pitching, surplus and SO i traded my pitching to get more, hitting and like, that hitting also hasn't really worked, out and so now they just bolt stink so When worm checked in on our leagues a few weeks, AGO i you, KNOW i THINK i said a couple, Leaks i'm doing really poorly in the Couple i'm in the, middle and the Couple i'm doing really. Well now it's like a complete. Split i'm either like really bad or like first or second place in the. League my crowning jewel right now is THAT i joined one Of worm's leagues and it was it's like a keeper dynasty, hybrid AND i took over the worst Orphan i've ever, seen and to the point where even WHEN i, drafted they were, like, oh that was a really good. Draft like you don't have a chance at making the playoffs because of what you, inherited but like that was a good, start And i'm doing really well in that, league and So i'm very happy about. THAT i don't know how if we'll be able to keep it. Going BUT i don't really know WHY i got on a tangent about. That but you, Know Ranger swarz just gets me pumped. Up so he does.
Speaker 2: Seem to get you really excited e free time we've talked about, him so you, know good for.
Speaker 1: You there's just certain players that do it for, Me Ryan, Mountcastle Ranger, suarez Uh Ty France Ty.
Speaker 2: France, yeap.
Speaker 1: All, right so Not Ranger. Suarez but here on the on The cycle and the Fantay Spros baseball, podcast we do have a giveaway and we're now giving away A Cecil fielder Signed Tiger story is the courtesy of our friends At Pristine auction dot. Com and all you have to do is enter to. Subscribe IS i just messed up the Read but all you have to do to enter is to subscribe to the Fantas ROS mlb YouTube channel right, now drop a comment on any video and that's. It we'll be announcing one lucky winner or right here in the. Channel so make sure to turn on the simnifications so you can know when the new videos are up and to claim your. Prize and you can actually do this just you, know it can be a double. Whammy you know you. Can i'm in the YouTube comments for all these. Episodes if you just want to chat or toss your question in, There i'll hop in there and we can. Chat and also that just by doing, that you're entering to win The susifielder, jersey WHICH i actually have right here. Nice you, know there was probably a graphic on the screen WHILE i was talking so you could see. It but now it's. Not you, know it's in a, bag stealed bag From Pristine. Austen BUT i am the keeper of all of these signed jerseys and it is. REAL i do have, it and if and when you, Win i'll be the one sending it to you so you can steal my fingerprints or whatever you.
Speaker 2: Want, yes, yeah we've we've been on a roll lately of jerseys THAT i.
Speaker 1: WANT i was gonna, ask were you A Sessil fielder fan growing?
Speaker 2: UP i, Was, YEAH i loved.
Speaker 1: HIM i THOUGHT i liked all the like all the big meaty, sluggers LIKE i Liked. CESSFIELDER i really Liked Frank, thomas Like andre Scalar. RAGA i liked all those big. GUYS i actually this is a stupid. Story but in middle, SCHOOL i forget what we had to like dress up for we had to do like a, report AND i forget what it. Was it was on like A hero or something like, that AND i did mine On Frank thomas and THEN i didn't know, This but like when you when you had to read the, report you had to dress as that. Person but, LIKE i JUST i could not have mailed it in. Anymore LIKE i didn't go any you, KNOW i. DIDN'T i was no in no danger of being canceled as a twelve year. Old BUT i just wore A Frank thomas jersey and showed up to do my. Report AND i was, like, Hey I'm Frank. Thomas you KNOW i didn't even LIKE i didn't even like wear baseball. PANTS i just wore like my normal clothes and then A Frank thomas.
Speaker 2: Chersey whatever gets it. Done you graduated from that, grade so?
Speaker 1: Fun, uh all, right we, could you, know we could just go off the rails and just do what we did on leading, off like name like old exposed players if you, want name all of our Old Ken Kevin eddy favorite uh.
Speaker 2: Sluggers we totally could, have all. RIGHT i always forget about, him but, yeah WELL i was once in A i was once in a bar. MEET i met a friend of mine's boyfriend and and he played baseball and he was, LIKE i don't remember what he, said something about switch hitting and power power. Guys AND i was, like are we really not going to talk About Eddie? Murray and he looked at me and was, like, oh you are so In and my friend was, like do you want to date? Her LIKE i, mean he was LIKE i said, that and he would not shut up about it for the rest of the. Night AND i was, like, yeah, no, WORRIES i don't want to date. Him but in, general like you just kind of have those people that stick in your, mind And, palmerolls Pal merrells one of the other. ONES i Think i'm secretly An orioles.
Speaker 1: Fan, yeah well he's don't tell, worm he might find. Out he's always a fun one, because like you, know with all like the steroid. Stuff he was like in court and he was, LIKE i have never done. Steroids and then like the next day he like came out that he. Did he like tested. Positive so that was embarrassing for, him but everybody did it back, then so it is what it, is all, right Second, base we're off the, rails but we'll get, well we'll get back on. HERE i wanted to do buy or sell with, You and this is a little bit similar to LIKE i, said we talked about before the. Show it was a little bit similar to burning. Questions BUT i wanted To i'm going to throw a handful of statements at, you and you tell me if you're buying or selling them at face? Value and do you want context for? These do you want me to just throw you the question or the.
Speaker 2: Statement and just throw them to. Me we'll see what We we'll see what we, do all.
Speaker 1: Right first buyer sales. Statement lance mccullors is so BACK.
Speaker 2: I. AM i Mean i've never been in On lance mccullors like, ever but you, KNOW i like his strikeout right. Now see if he If strider was doing what mcculor seems to be, Doing like he's got a twenty eight point ninety five k, percentage you, know with this terrible ra and, whip like he's four point four four one point four, right but he's striking out a lot of people THAT i could get. Behind so in terms of like, BACK i mean SURE i was never excited about him, before And i'm about as excited about him, now but like once again starting, Pitching So i'll take the strikeout rate at this.
Speaker 1: POINT i feel LIKE i rostered him In dynasty for years and just like suffered through all the injuries and just like have him had him like taking up an injured reserve slot for so LONG i THINK I i think maybe like this, YEAR i finally dropped, him and like now of course he's like back and like and he doesn't look but he looks like he's like doing. Things LIKE i thought it might be a train wreck when he came, back but he's kind of reinvented. Himself he's like throwing that curveball and thirty three strikeouts of twenty four and third and so already better THAN i. Expected AND i think someone you can pick up in you, know twelve team roto and, deeper probably not any shower than. That are you buying or? Selling and this is a good one for you as A cubs fan and as someone who was in on this player coming into the. Season are you buying or selling The Matt shaw? Reboot?
Speaker 2: Yeah last week on the, SHOW i talked about like things That i'd, learned, right and one of the THINGS i said was that you want a rookie in his second stint in the. Majors AND i Think mattshaw is like the example of, that where whether or not HE i think that he will provide some fantasy value for the rest of the. Year So i'm buying it And i'm also just buying. That AS i said before the, season The cubs have no one. ELSE i, mean they might as well give him as long as a run as he, wants because Running Justin turner out there is not going to do anybody any, good so including The. Cubs SO i feel like the second time, up he's gonna he's gonna settle into at least being a serviceable fantasy.
Speaker 1: OPTION i would love for him to not bat ninth. ANYMORE i ACTUALLY i forget WHAT i traded for. Him it was it was a bigger, trade BUT i acquired him in a league WHERE i needed a third baseman with a warm body BECAUSE i Lost Alec, bregman AND i need a stolen basis and he's someone who can. Run In, may he bat at three fifty, nine no home, runs but three fifty nine and five stolen. BASES i think that brings him up to what does he have in the year? Seven, Now, no he just dos. Five so he has five since coming, back, though but all In, may AND i think only in eleven. Games and so if he can give me like a middle of the road average steal some, BASES i don't know how much power we're going to get but maybe it's do you, know if he plays the rest of the, Year i'll take ten home, runs two fifty, average, yep twenty stolen bases at third. BASE i could use that for, sure for, sure buy or Cell jack cagleone is a league.
Speaker 2: Winner, Yeah i'll actually go with. IT i DON'T i don't. Know WHAT i know IS i got really mad during an auction in one of my leagues and he came, up AND i wasn't really like super familiar with, him BUT i. Was we it's a thing where if you you can draft rookies and they cost you nothing for like a certain number of. Years AND i KNOW i had gotten outbid but on someone, else like it might have Been Roman, anthony like an Absurd it was. Absurd SO i was, Like i'm getting this guy no matter. What so SO i just have. Him, so, YEAH i would like him to be a league. Winner that would be really helpful for. Me but if HE i just think that he is The he's the answer for a lot of power. SITUATIONS i just really want him to be able to adjust to the. Hitting and even his first game going over, five but, man he hit the ball like that thing was, jumping So i'm, like, YEAH i think he could bring you home a.
Speaker 1: Title it was over five but no, strikeouts and it was like three or four really hard hit balls to just like unfortunately right at, people or you, know he got. Robbed it's funny looking at his suspected. Stats he's only played one, game so he's zero for five with a zero batting average and an expected batting average of two eighty. Two so if you want to look for a really large gap in average to expect that average zero to two eighty, two it was about as big as you're gonna. Say we've talked about a bunch on the. Show these young hitters come, up and it's not like it used to be where hitters, came you, know came up and kind of hit the ground running most of the, time or at least more often than. Not now it's extremely common to come up and. Struggle pitching is just so, hard so far ahead of hitting right, now and it seems like the gap Between TRIPLE a pitching and Maj ley pitching is, enormous and so even the best prospects just have to adjust and it takes. Time HE i don't want to say he's the, exception but he does seem like if anyone was going to come up and hit right, away it seems like he might be the one just with that, power because he doesn't even like in the miners he was hitting over three hundred with with all that, power he doesn't even need to do. That he can hit two fifty to sixty and they have that power stroke and be incredibly. Valuable So i'm.
Speaker 2: Also OF i also, think, WELL i was just gonna, SAY i also think that like Unlike Roman, anthony, right, like he just skyrocketed through the, miners and so he hasn't had all this time to get all this hype to like come. Up you, know it's, like, yeah we're all interested in, him but it hasn't been years upon years of, oh they have this guy in the pipeline and some day he'll make it to the. Majors AND i, MEAN i GUESS i don't know If Roman anthony will ever get, there but not if the whatever The Red sox are. Doing but, yeah and SO i feel like there's just less pressure on. Him also being In Kansas, city it's just less, pressure and so that sometimes makes it EASIER i think for players to adjust quickly.
Speaker 1: YEAH i, mean he was drafted last year and he's already in the in the. Matrix you, know he he you, know he had his little taste last year of playing in HIGH, a and then you know this year he just flew Through DOUBLE, A TRIPLE a and they were, like all, right it's. Time but, YEAH i think if anyone's going to hit the ground, running it's it's probably. Him AND i was going to say, Before i'm also of the belief that find, out you, know, like spend the fab and find, out because the worst that happens is you're wrong and you lost some fab and you have to drop him or you, know you trade. Him but there are every now and then these players who come up and they are league, winners and it kind of looks Like Piker armstrong might be one of those league. Winners despite all of my And i'm not, alone but all the people saying that we can sell high on Peak, Armstrong, no apparently, not because apparently he's just really good buyer. Sell Mackenzie gore is a bona fide. Ace, now.
Speaker 2: Oh what is a bonafide? Ace, Yeah i'll take. IT i have him in a FEW i drafted him a lot of. Leagues, actually and just BECAUSE i loved the strikeout. RAID i thought HE i liked all of his, numbers like the underlying numbers looked. Good SO i don't know necessarily how we quantify a bonafide, ace But i'm not sure like how His i'm not sure how his numbers don't. Qualify so, Yeah i'll take.
Speaker 1: Him do you know where he is on the list of strikeout leaders this?
Speaker 2: SEASON i is he near the? TOP i can't remember. ONE i just saw, it BUT i don't remember him number.
Speaker 1: One, yeah he has one o eight And Gara, crochet who is famously not good according To, welsh has one oh, one the only two pictures with over one, hundred Although schoogle has ninety.
Speaker 2: NINE i mean we're talking k, Percentage like he his strikeout rate is thirty.
Speaker 1: FIVE i was gonna to bring that. Up it's more than the third of the batters he's facing he's, striking which is.
Speaker 2: Insane, yeah, yeah, no love. Him.
Speaker 1: YEAH i know friend at the, Show Brandon, tuma it was long, ago a big McKenzie gore. Fan i'm in a bunch Of dynasty leagues with, him and you, know we've been talking about Mackenzie gore for, years AND i know he's probably very excited about. This McKenzie, gore you, know because he saw this four years ago and it's kind of we kind of haven't seen it materialize Until AND i, mean he was fine last, year quietly good last, year but now this is another level and he's still it feels like he's been around for a long a. While we have almost like post prospect fatigue with. Him but he's still twenty six seon his birthday Is, yeah he's still twenty. Six he's still in the first half of twenty six and, YEAH i mean one hundred eight strikeouts and seventy five and a third innings thirty five point four percent strikeout rate is.
Speaker 2: Bonkers his his walk percentage has also dropped every year he's been in the, majors which is another sign of bona fide acery in my.
Speaker 1: Head, yeah and the whip in. GENERAL i was expecting to like be, like all, right we're getting the, strikeouts what's the whip back because it's been in like one point. FOUR i was, like all, right maybe it's like one point, two one point, three it's one point one. Four still really? Good have you moved him in your rankings, yet have you updated your rankings not to put you on the. SPOT i.
Speaker 2: CANNOT i did update, them BUT i can't remember WHAT i did with.
Speaker 1: HIM i put him top twenty five if, Five, OKAY i put him right before the. Show he's at twenty. Three And i'm really struggling with WHERE i Put Spencer strider on that list BECAUSE i had him very high AND i just keep dropping, him And i'm, like DO i Drop Spencer strider Behind Mackenzie gore because it feels LIKE i probably have.
Speaker 2: TO i THINK i Dropped strider a lot the other, day so that was kind of my big pitching.
Speaker 1: Move, yeah that's a tough, one all. Right this one isn't necessarily, fantasy but it could be fantasy. Adjacent buy or? Sell The tigers are AN al penant, Contender, YES.
Speaker 2: I will absolutely buy. THAT i think that they have THE i think they kind of have an all around good. TEAM i think they play in a division that is a, mess so they and and, REALLY i mean at this, point like THE al just kind of seems messy all the way around to. Me everybody's got these flaws and whenever you can look at like basically all of the all the division leaders and point out immediately a glaring. Flaw then, yeah it's. Anybody so, Yeah i'll take The. Tigers i'll be. Fine what are their odds to? Win have you?
Speaker 1: SEEN i have not looked at, them BUT i just know that they have the best record in THE. Al they have the best picture in THE. Al, yes and if you look at their lineup and their whole, rosters a, whole it's, like it's not very, sexy it's not very. Exciting it's just, like all, right that's a. GUY i know that, guy all. Right like then they're schoobl who obviously is, incredible but they're doing a lot of platuning in their. Lineup they just Got Parker meadows, back so we'll see what he looks. Like he's you, know if if you need outfield help and deep outfield, leagues take a look At Parker. Meadows if he can stay, healthy he has. Talent he just hasn't been able to stay healthy in the. Past Labor torres is doing. Things Javier, bias he's, been he's been. WHATEVER i don't know, HOW i don't get.
Speaker 2: It, ye The tigers are plus three, sixty all, right SO i think only The yankees have a better, One SO i, mean why? Not why not? THEM i mean Jav bios has a, ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah so historicals and slowed down a little. Bit, UNFORTUNATELY i just dropped him in a shallow, league mostly BECAUSE i needed the roster. Spot BUT i might pick him back, up but no one else takes. Him BUT i picked Up, gaglione you, know as the mystery box, player AND i already Had Soda strom who was bouncing between outfield and first. Base and the other thing About aglione is he should be playing, outfield so right now is on the first base. Eligible he should be first base outfield, eligible which is. Helpful but Turkle sin has slowed down after a hot, start SO i dropped, him BUT i you, know still a decent source of power.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: YEAH i had a friend earlier this, year like When Javier byas was like batting three, million he like Swore Javier bias was, back AND i was, like, dude he's not. Back he maybe never, was but, like LIKE i get that he's always outperformed his, metrics but like it's not. Happening he's, like, Dude Like i'm watching the games he's, back AND i was, like all, right well we'll talk In. July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no he's in The hall Of fame of tag outs at second base and after that likes a category and. Fantasy we'll let that. Ride it might be if you have a. Chance that's a great highlight film on. YouTube it's just his tagouts of steel attempts are.
Speaker 1: Amazing it might be a category in that league That worm invited me. TO i was, like heading into the, DRAFT i was looking at the scoring settings and outfield. Desists we're a category AND i was, like, dude what are we doing? Here why is this on this? League and he's, like, well you don't think they? Matter, NO i don't care about. THEM i don't want to count. Them so my goal is to vote that out of a. League but you, Know i'm Sure i'm in the minority. There it's the, newcomer all, Right moving right. Along let's go over to third base, now and this is where we're just going to hit on some news notes and injuries really, quick And i'll see if you have any thoughts on. Them serum AND i are beginning a rehab assignment On. Friday he's SOMEONE i stashed in a couple of. Leagues was really hoping for him to be back before, now so glad to have him back at, all BUT i was hoping to have him Before, june that's for, Sure. Tommy i've been dealing with another ankle. Injury seems like he aggravated that same ankle, issue which is frustrating because he got off to a really good. Start he's a really useful, player you, know multiple position, eligibility really good, lineup was hitting for a surprising amount of, power and you, know we can dabble some speed in there, Too so that's. Unfortunate as of this recording On, thursday he is not on the eye l and it's just a day to day. Thing but we'll see how that. Goes Hunter green back to the eel with a strained. GROIN i PROMISED i would not take a victory lap On Hunter green getting, hurt especially because the whole one you shouldn't do. That but, TOO i also might worry the whole time was his arm and, not but it's been lower body injuries he's dealing, With so it's just kind of like fluke. Injuries WHEREAS i was worried about him throwing one hundred three miles an hour in the ninth, Inning maximyer to the eyele with a hip injury to be determined if it's a real hip injury or if it's just a why don't you sit down for two weeks kid kind of a. Thing BECAUSE i really Like Maxi, meyer but he has really not looked good the last few starts and as has gone this, year it really go insides with me trading for. Him so apologies to all the Other Max meyer managers out. THERE i had a lot to do with him stinking BECAUSE i acquired. Him Brandon woodriff just can't get out of this rehab. Assignment he was a comebacker during as we. Have he's already stopped and started. TWICE i haven't seen any updates about. It if he's. OKAY i hopefully he, is but just had to mention that because he's in he already might be in the record books for the longest rehab assignment of all time because he already like used the max amount of time and then they shut him down and then they restarted, it and NOW i don't. KNOW i Like Brandon woodrum so hopefully hopefully he can come. Back his velocity was way down in earlier rehab, Starts so brace yourself if he does come. Back shane McClanahan Shanna mack hoping to return In july Or. AUGUST i will not hold my breath on that. Happening he very famously in our league was injured during.
Speaker 2: Our draft right after minute and a, half.
Speaker 1: Right after Worm bottom at The Salary Cap auction. Draft we just like went around the room watching the video because it was an in person draft, too so we all got to Experience worm's. Delight but who knows what's going to happen. There it's a nerve. Thing he already started throwing and had to kind of had to like scale it back. Again So i'm stashing him in one, league maybe two leagues WHERE i already had him before the, injury BUT i don't have high hopes there with whatever's going on. There and then a real. Bummer Pablo lopez expected to miss eight to twelve. Weeks that one. Stings any thoughts on any of those more than than WHAT i re.
Speaker 2: Shared, Yeah, Uh Pablo lopez was MY sp one or two in telt worst and like when we were talking, AFTERWARDS i was, like, YEAH i wasn't necessarily like thrilled about, it but everybody was, Like, oh he's so, consistent he's so like, healthy And i'm like, Right like that was my Whole my rite up about him was just, like, hey you don't know, much but you know, what you, know you're going to get this many starts from, him and and now you're absolutely. Not So i'm a little bit up a river on in a bunch of different leagues BECAUSE i have, him BUT i was already so far up the river and tetwars it doesn't necessarily. MATTER i also Have Brandon woodruff in our league if you're interested in training for. Him but, YEAH i mean the rest of it is like you said With. Maximier the only thing that stood out there was, like is it a hip injury or is it just a you have? Fallen things have fallen apart for. You we're just gonna give you a time.
Speaker 1: OUT i actually Had Brandon woodriffin in another week AND i traded him For Exavier, edwards SO i flipped those two for eachure while they were both. Hurt so it was high ol FOR i On edwards's. Back wonder if still not all? Right let's wrap things up with Home, plate our final of our four, segments and of course we have to mention this anytime it happens because of the name of the. Show but someone Named Dustin harris hit for the cycle yesterday In TRIPLE. A i will, say as we talked a little bit before the, SHOW i was watching the clips of. It the score was eighteen to two when he hit the home run to complete the, cycle and it was off a position, player so it still. Counts it's still in the record. Books no one can ever Tell Dustin harris that he didn't hit for the cycle In TRIPLE, a but he did hit the home round off of a position player who threw a meatball at. Him in terms of fantasy, RELEVANCE i don't know how much there. IS i will ADMIT i did not know Who Dustin harris was before. This it looks like he did get a cup of coffee in the major leagues last year he played two games with The, rangers and, interestingly In TRIPLE a last next year bat at two seventy two with ten home runs and thirty five stolen, Bases so it's got a little. Juice and the year before that fourteen home runs forty one stolen, Bases Dustin harris can move a little. Bit but this year sixteen, games batting two hundred and that home run for the cycle was his first of the. Year but if someone hits for the, cycle we have to mention. It AND i will say we kicked off the season by talking About Carson kelly hitting for the. Cycle And Carson kelly is having a heck of a year right. Now So Dustin, harris maybe put him on your scout. Team you see what. Happens and then the last thing here is something you wanted to. Mention you you added to. It so why don't you close us out with this last?
Speaker 2: TOPIC i, MEAN i think that everyone needs to understand the pet peeve that both you AND i have on why they're constantly changing baseballs and they're messing with. It and So, enoseris who you, know does just a ton of work and some interesting, work just tweeted yesterday that there's more drag on the ball this year than any year in the stack cast, era and that's by MLB's own, numbers and so there's just less distance on bad at. Balls, equally, well hip balls are traveling less This march Through may as in past, seasons and every comment on this suite started off with can we look at just the balls In Yankee stadium And Dodger? Stadium AND i think that that's a fascinating. Question So i'm not a conspiracy, theorist BUT i just get really annoyed that they continue to mess with the baseball BECAUSE i feel like that should be a pretty uniform, situation, like, right are we not playing at the SAME.
Speaker 1: Baa it drives me absolutely insane that we don't know what the ball is going to be like every, year this ball seems, fine you, KNOW i get. That it's by the, way for the people who don't know if stackcast era is back to twenty, sixteen so it's the last ten years right. Now that's when stackcast started a lot of this. Stuff and we've you, know we've seen twenty, seventeen nineteen bouncy. Balls twenty twenty one was a bouncy ball year two where the home runs just flying all over the. PLACE i actually thought at the beginning of this year there was some data that, indicated you, know they might they might be super balls, again they might be super. Bouncy and that coincided with the torpedo, bats and that phenomenon In Yankee. Stadium as you, mentioned maybe it was just A yankee. Stadium not going to be a conspiracy, theorist but that wouldn't be the first time they got caught using different balls In Yankee stadium by. Accident but you, know When Aaron judge was chasing the, record he just happened to get some super balls all the. Time so not a conspiracy, theorist but you, know we'll. See but, yeah it drives me bananas that the ball is not the. SAME i hate the bounty balls BECAUSE i just want like a regular baseball. GAMES i don't need to watch fourteen to twelve games every. Day i'd rather watch like five to three. Games and it most annoys. Me AND i know this is like first world, problems but like as an, analyst it's annoying to have to think about this every. Year and even you, know we talk about it on the show'd be, like, oh he had a really good year in twenty twenty, One like oh, right but like the tolp of The Super bowl. Year so you kind of have to like have a caveat for every year in the, past and LIKE i almost need like a cheat sheet for like what kind of ball which year, like, oh like he had a good, year but LIKE i was a bad. Ball, okay but, yeah we can close it out there before we rant. Anymore so thanks everyone for tuning in For Kelly, KIRBY i am like. Mayor this has been the cycle and thank you for stopping. By thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Fantasy baseball. Podcast if you love the, show the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review On Apple podcasts Or, spotify follow us on, X, instagram and TikTok At Fantasy, pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb