Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Straight six second testcot Tisi, Hey Fay Today, textdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 4: Give us your phone calls eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 2: Send us a text message on the Talk Talking Cowboys podcast text line eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. We will be talking to Cowboys Nation all day.
Speaker 4: Let's go get in the lines. Man. We want to talk to you people. There you go, We got we got jam in the building today, Bula. We need like the airwork about it like that? What's up? John? What's going on? Listening to Little Jerry this morning?
Speaker 5: Listen to Little Jerry. He went for about seventeen eighteen minutes there, maybe even longer.
Speaker 6: There was a lot there. Yeah, yeah, it was pretty impressed with how they played on Sunday. And I know you guys already discussed.
Speaker 4: It, but yeah, I want to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 5: I didn't expect it to be.
Speaker 6: That lopsided, man, did I just I felt like Bill Belichick would have something in his bag for them. And I looked at that early second quarter as boxing UFC whatever into fight where looked like, you know, cowboys had a little bit of an edge, and then there was a Jayalen that Jalen Tolbert hit on the punt return, and then they they've come back and you know, get the Dante Fowler sack fumble and then they go for two and in that little space of time, it's reminded me of a fight where you this guy gets danged out pretty good and you're just like, yeah, there's more left of this fight, but that guy's definitely hurting right now, and it's going to be tough for them to come back, you know, and they were gonna have to have something in their bag to come back from.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if there is anything.
Speaker 6: In mac Jones's bag to come back from something like that against that defense. You know, if they're playing against a different team maybe, but against that defense and how fired up that defense was and how they played like we expect them to play from the very beginning.
Speaker 5: That was really impressive, you know, so.
Speaker 6: Huge, huge answer because of the fact of man, can you magic going in this game at two and two? If they would have lost that game, it would have been so bad. So to respond with that type of an effort, I thought that was pretty pretty impressive.
Speaker 5: So it sets you up to where this game.
Speaker 6: I mean, this game is always going to mean a lot, but it makes you feel a little bit more like, Okay, they're back into being in maybe that same conversation with the forty nine ers, but I don't know. I'm more intrigued in seeing that game now than I was. If let's say that would have been a close game against the Patriots that I lost to the Patriots, I would have had, like I said last week, I had them a little bit lower on the rung.
Speaker 5: I still have San Francisco at the top.
Speaker 6: But I do think that they would be the favorite right now to win the NFC and this will be a great test. So and I'm not nearly as concerned about the red issues I think everybody else is, you know, just because of how sloppy or not sloppy, but how just the style of those first four games, even the three wins, it wasn't like you really needed the offense to put up some big numbers. So that will be this will be the real test this Niners game of where this offense is. You'll be five games into this season. If you have some major issues there, then then we'll see we can we can talk more about that obviously, but what a great test is going to be just because of the fact of this offense is really the reason they've lost to the Niners the last few times in the playoffs. You know, the defense didn't enough the offense they needed.
Speaker 5: More from them.
Speaker 6: And so with Mike McCarthy, calm plays and some different piece on offense, how different will this be or will it be the same as as it's been against the Niners?
Speaker 5: Are they still a rung higher?
Speaker 7: So yeah, I think Jerry Jones talked about it a little bit this morning, saying that he would put the Diners at the top of the list of favorites to go to the NFC or go to the Super Bowl rather out of the NFC.
Speaker 2: And I mean, this game itself probably doesn't have us the same amount of draw as it would if both teams were four and oho, but four oh and three and one. There's still gonna be plenty of eyes on this game. I think everyone will be watching this one, everybody in their mama.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a this is that test. And we've talked about it plenty. I mean we were talking about a week one and they blew out the Giants forty to nothing, and John was ready to hit the Madden sim two Week five.
Speaker 5: Mode like I always was. I'd never changed with these other games.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that the player should have been that way. I'm not saying you guys should have been.
Speaker 1: There for me.
Speaker 2: But John wants to see him against the forty enough over.
Speaker 6: The last ten to fifteen years I needed to see. I want to see how they stack up against the Niners. That still will tell me. They'll tell me way morning in these first four games, will Yeah.
Speaker 4: What are some news and notes from today?
Speaker 8: Nick Harris, Well, you took one of mine saying that Jerry said this morning that U he felt like San Francisco was the favorite.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't really know if he was saying it as if he felt that way, or if he was just talking about the general public. And the betting odds and all those things. Either way, I thought it was just an interesting comment to make at that certain point.
Speaker 2: I thought, at least in initial listening, I thought he said that he thinks they're the favorite, like that's.
Speaker 5: His whole NFL.
Speaker 6: He said was he thinks he's they're the favorite right now. Went to win the Super Bowl, Yeah, to win, to win this.
Speaker 4: And I thought he said, make.
Speaker 5: It no, no, no, And they are in Vegas right now too.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Interesting, they are the betting odds.
Speaker 6: You got the Chiefs, you know, opening the season, losing the Lions, messing around with the Jets. I mean they would be the clear AFC favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to say it's sitting here shaking his head.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about Vegas.
Speaker 4: You don't like Vegas. Nobody cares. I mean the first players, the players don't care.
Speaker 8: Vegas always knows something. The players, early players don't care.
Speaker 3: Who's projected to be Like I'm just telling you from our perspective, we don't give a dog on. We know it's a tough team and that's all the matter. And they beat you the last few times. So I'll say dot guns and no, I.
Speaker 4: Can't say it with my chest all the way cow.
Speaker 3: But no, I mean that's that's from a player's perspective. Like I said yesterday, this is get back this. These last few times you played these guys, they have knocked you out the playoffs, so they are.
Speaker 4: Pointed that that's that's it is disrespect.
Speaker 3: You know, they they walked up in your house a couple of years ago and they walked in with the little boombox and they sent you on your on your little mary way right. And then today, I mean not today, but last year they sent your butt home. Last again, it was just like this is this is for respect, This is for respect.
Speaker 6: And it's not like either game were blowouts. I mean it comes down to right to the end. Your offense in both games had chances to win that game and and couldn't get it done. Now, last year, obviously they didn't have Tony Pollard. I think that game might have been different had they had Tony Pollard in the second half. So maybe that was a factor. Maybe they have the answers, Maybe Mike McCarthy calling the plays will make the difference what we will see. But I have my uh, I have my doubts about uh, it becoming a defense like on the Cowboys defense.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's one of those things.
Speaker 6: If the offense shows up and they answer in the red zone, I think the Cowboy's got a great chance to win in this game.
Speaker 4: In terms of the red zone.
Speaker 3: Everybody keeps talking about the red zone, right, and I know you said you're not that concerned about it. I'm not that concerned about it either. However, Like at the end of the day, Coach McCarthy, I was telling them some of my business.
Speaker 4: Partner actually this. He was like, man, we gotta figure out this red zone thing. I'm like, Noah, that's how he talks to figure ze.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 4: Now, he's from he's from Houston. Actually, wait, which one.
Speaker 8: Of these years.
Speaker 2: As soon as you said it, I was like, hey, we're in the red zone.
Speaker 4: That I'm like, I said, no, we're good. It's the best. Listen, Coach McCarthy, go only called the place right.
Speaker 3: He's calling their proper plays against the proper against the defenses that are being present.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: He's guessing right, right. It's a guessing game. You call a play based.
Speaker 3: Upon what the analytics say the defense is going to present, right, based upon down the distance, personnel groupings, all that stuff right list literally a mind game, right back and forth his chest. So he's calling the proper plays. Think about how many drops there has been in the end zone.
Speaker 2: At least too that I can think of schoonmaker this week and hinder shot for further right.
Speaker 6: I think there's some things like that that have happened in the red zone though that make me think that it's not just us talking about it.
Speaker 5: They're talking about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're definitely so these are drops. They're not like they're like you're struggling to get guys open. Oh no, no, no, these are these are like just drop opportunities because had those been touchdowns the way they should have been, there as.
Speaker 4: A different story.
Speaker 3: And they're not even talking about but how many drops have.
Speaker 4: There been from Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 2: He hasn't even seen a target yet in the red I mean like, I mean Michael Gallup had the one where.
Speaker 3: It was p I but then it was picked up and need to go back and watch the pregame show.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just there's there's there's there's elements that are missing of this offense in the reds.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Is it as big of an issue as it has been, at least in the media and across Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 2: But if it rears its head like it did against Arizona, then it is an issue.
Speaker 4: And that's where I have it. You haven't needed it in three of the four.
Speaker 2: Games you've played so far, it's been a relatively non issue.
Speaker 4: You're gonna need it against you, No, you're gonna need to convert.
Speaker 3: You're gonna need to Actually, like del I don't think that he's I don't think that coach McCarthy struggling to come up with great concepts in the red zone. And I think that's really I don't think that. Yeah, but I think that's the narrative going around right now. Right people are saying, oh, the red zone struggles, are they really struggling narrative? And I disagree too, Yeah, And I whole hardly disagree, right, And I watch a fair amount of film like begin I'm like, okay, first game, second game, Okay, you got to figure this out. When I say figured this out, I mean like, actually, like take care of your assignments as players, cute execute right, make the catches you can't afford to drop balls in the in the red zone.
Speaker 2: You just can't.
Speaker 3: You work too hard to get down there. You have eighty snaps per game, right, I think we're averaging like seventy five. Right, there was maybe fifty something, sixty something, eighty something in then and seventy something again right, something run there anyway, So you're averaging around around seventy five plays a game. You just got to convert and three touchdowns that I can think off off the top of my head have been dropped.
Speaker 8: Three touchdowns, so you could throw in the Pollard carry on Sunday is basically like in that same category, just because Pollard went the wrong way. If he goes the right way, he walks in on touch walks in.
Speaker 4: So I'm again, it's not it's not a McCarthy at all.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's anything that that's in their head.
Speaker 8: I think they notice when they're inside the twenty. I'll say that. I think I think it's I think notice it a little bit more than they did Week one. Does that affect their play? I don't know. I'm not in that moment. I'm not the guy who has the brain in that moment. But I think inside the twenty. They're looking around, Okay, we've got to score here. And I think there's a little bit more urgency in that.
Speaker 6: And there will be it for this game too, because of the fact. For this is one of those games when you watch it, like you've watched the Patriots for so many years when they were in their dynasty era, where you're you're a team trying to knock them off and your team gets in the red zone and they settle for a field goal, You're like, yeah, that's not gonna get it done. And that's how I feel about this game. Minimum three touchdowns. Cowboys have to score at least three touchdowns to win this game. They will not get it done. When with just two to they have to score. So when they're in the red they have to they have to capitalize it.
Speaker 3: I just want to squash the narrative that, oh yeah, it does coming from the game.
Speaker 4: But that's that's what it feels like.
Speaker 3: Like people aren't saying, Oh, we're just not we're not finishing plays, we're not making the catches. That's not the conversation. The conversation, Oh my gosh, they're just struggling in the red zone.
Speaker 4: That's false. That's false. It's interesting you one of the.
Speaker 2: Best points I thought you brought up just from like a player or player's perspective during the game when you and I were watching in the studio with Barry and Nate, and you said, Bill O'Brien, right now, he's losing his mind on the sideline because he's calling the right plays. There's separation, there's openings, and just lack of execution. But at some point the lack of execution has to fall back on the coaching staff too, at some point.
Speaker 4: Right, No, not all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I mean, did you watch Watchable is losing his mind? He was, I was on TV right now, right now, I mean he I mean, there's only so much you can do as a coach. As a listen, the players. The players have to prepare right. The players have to prepare mentally, and they have to prepare physically right. Physically, there's their job to get themselves ready. There's a whole strength and conditioning staff that is there in place, okay. Aside from that, they have the dietitian staff in place, okay, So they have a responsibility to get themselves physically ready, get your rest, get your nutrition, get your weights in right, get your conditioning. That's their responsibility as play On the mental side of it, their job is to receive the coaching right. So the coaches has to get them ready. So the coaches are sitting in there with the scouting department, they're sitting in there with all the analytics. They're doing their film breakdown, they're doing their their strategy, they're creating all these different schemes and game plans, and they're drawing up one hundred and fifty plays a game, whatever it might be, and they're handing that down to now they're teaching the players right.
Speaker 4: So their job is simply get their minds right. That's all the coaches can control.
Speaker 3: Get your mind right, take the mental make sure you relay it down to the players, and then let's take it to the practice field and make sure that we feel comfortable running these things right. We're gonna take what we worked on mentally right, we're gonna apply it physically and then we have to convert that from to the game. But from the coaches perspective, all they can do is make their proper predictions. That's all they can do, right, Nick, I think you're gonna call this on defense. So I guess, as coach McCarthy, when we line up in eleven personnel on the twenty yard line, I'm calling this play because it says analytics say sixty seven percent of the time you're in this coverage. And if you're in this coverage, this is the play that I'm calling because I feel good about it. Oh we got Oh there it is. We got it, got the coverage, got the play, got the snap drop ball. I can't control that. I can't control that. That's when I look at the players, say, Kyle catch the dog on ball.
Speaker 4: But it's frustrating another day.
Speaker 6: I understand how it would be frustrating if you're a coach, for example, using the one that we were just mentioning over our shoulder here. If you're Brian Dable and that doesn't work out for you, that can be your job, absolutely and you can have the best play calls you, but you went to a situation where your quarterbacks can four years, one, sixteen, it's your job to fix it, absolutely. And so that's that's the part where like I see some of the frustration there, just kind of understand.
Speaker 3: Because personnel comes into it. Right, because personnel comes into it. And the thing is, Dallas doesn't have a problem with personnel. Dallas just has a problem with execution right now in that part of the part of the field. That's just also real quick.
Speaker 6: It is pretty interesting that and it speaks to how good the Cowboys are is that everybody has focused on that one thing. And let's be honest, if there was something else there would be focus on that. If the red zone was great, they'd be focusing Yeah, exactly, because the fact of like you just go back to training camp, you would have thought for sure that at this point in the season we would have had at least a couple games where we're like, yeah, I don't know if that not signing a kicker until.
Speaker 5: Late was a great idea.
Speaker 6: You know, like there's just so many like little things that have happened that outside of red zone. It's obviously the offensive line health and that's really about it. Everything else has been outstanding. And that speaks to because I feel like we're not doing this show five days a week to sit there and not bring up anything that might be bothering a team.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they're doing that in San Francisco.
Speaker 6: I don't really know if there are any weaknesses there, but there are very few teams that just sit there and go, yeah, man, everything's rolling, you know, And I don't know if there are any that even say.
Speaker 3: The only concerns that I that I've had this year, right, It hasn't been the red zone, I just got just know, gods just aren't converting. It's been the interior line on both sides of the ball and controlling the line of screamers. That was my biggest fear of going to gainst New England. That's why I thought New England was gonna win the game. Honestly, before knowing that Zach Martin and Tyler be Otis were going to be active, right, my mindset was, Hey, it's gonna be rough, right, they got to They have some big boys up front, they do a great job controlling line of scrimmage. They're disciplined, right, That was my mindset going into it. Well, we get our we get two of our three guys backstarters back and they go out there and control the line of scrimmage. As long as this team can control and at least have it even around the line of scrimmage, They're always going to be in a good position to win ball games. I do wonder.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that the Cowboys still wuldn't have won, but I do wonder if Christian Gonzalez doesn't get hurt the impact that that has.
Speaker 5: I do still think the Cowboys win.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if it's but they lost their they lost their two best players on defense.
Speaker 2: The three I mean Peppers went down too, because they had Judon down for a significant amount of time.
Speaker 4: Looks like a bicep tear tear, he toy's bicep and Gonzales dislocated.
Speaker 6: And I'm telling you, I always go back to that to two years ago when the Cowboys lost the Niners in that playoff game. I always go back to the fact that they they were at home, they had a chance to go down there and score. I'm talking with like a few minutes ago, not that last year, and they didn't have Fred Warner out there, and they didn't have Nick Bosa. It's like, man, that's exactly what you'd want should be. But to fort Ninder's credit, they've built this thing there that is just so like thing that it's at so many different levels, whether you're talking about their receivers blocking down the field, or just how they next man up on defense with you know, guys that aren't all first round picks and things like that. Like it is pretty wild how they've been able to overcome some of those those big injuries and big moments like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many elements, so many storylines to this game. All week long, I feel like the energy level is just higher. It's heightened in this building because everybody knows what's at stake on Sunday night and not and not only just another game in the regular season. There's a lot of pride at stake between these two organizations. All right, when we come back, we're gonna hit the podcast text line eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. You can also give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Already have some great questions lined up. We're gonna hit that coming back.
Speaker 11: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 12: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, So it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 13: Go online at.
Speaker 12: Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com to fuel up today.
Speaker 2: Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 10: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Mobile Banking App, staying on top of his.
Speaker 2: Finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 10: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the Englis language. You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app. Only available on so Like mobile devices. Message dat rags apply remember fdic.
Speaker 14: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 5: Would you, Dear.
Speaker 2: Doctor, My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 14: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the shoulder.
Speaker 8: To cry out?
Speaker 14: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 14: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This segment of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted superfood. Quaker Oats the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I love I do, I love it.
Speaker 14: I am.
Speaker 4: I am a Quaker Oats guy. Are you ever? Since I was just waiting? Now, I knew you wanted to kind of put it in there? Did you know? Okay, just this is a fun fact.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Quaker Oats, you guys know when you get the box and it has like the little single packs, did you know? Okay, fun fact that after you pour your oats into the bowl, all right, that's the actual little shaker bag, little container. If you fill that up to the line, that's the proper amount of water. That's yourep that you're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Use in your o Isn't it everyone that you didn't know that I don't eat oat meal?
Speaker 5: Those I wouldn't know anything about it.
Speaker 4: I gotta get the Quaker Oats. It's a super trusted superfood.
Speaker 5: He's all ball morning. That's that's that's good for me for a breakfast.
Speaker 4: That's GATORADEA all right, very nice. You guys are both coming to my training class.
Speaker 6: Okay, and I'll pass out because I am not properly exactly.
Speaker 4: You got get your super food.
Speaker 8: Letna start my morning with Wingstop and Miller life honestly, honestly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like black right. Coffee with Miller was something. So much work you're doing here, all right?
Speaker 2: Speaking of work to do, we had a fan picker on Friday. It was Mike in New York. And Mike in New York always has the energy. He has so much energy that it wasn't just the fan pick him segment on Friday. He's our first caller here on Talking Cowboys on a Talking Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Mike, what's going on? My friend?
Speaker 3: Hey, he came out.
Speaker 12: I knew it.
Speaker 4: I had a bad week. I had a bad week.
Speaker 2: As soon as I saw Mike's name on the list, I was like.
Speaker 4: Going in hot. I knew I'd deserve it.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, Hey, listen, that's what we make predictions. I had the bubble gus, but it.
Speaker 4: Just turned out to be air. Was there?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 2: Mike, tell tell Cowboys Nation what Isaiah did on Friday.
Speaker 15: He thinks against the Cowboys, did the Patriots? He said, the Patriots the Patriots, then they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Beat the Cowboys and blah, blah.
Speaker 15: It's all good though, So I don't know. I just like I said, come into the keys, a couple of keys for the San Francisco game. Is obviously can't turn the ball over and we gotta we gotta stop McCaffrey. We gotta shut them down.
Speaker 4: Mike, thanks for the call, is always fantastic. Thanks to getting me on as mine. I appreciate you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: I will say, off of the McCaffrey thing, yeah, this could be a good time to play them.
Speaker 2: Really, I think so, coming off of four Tuddies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because when you have the defense of the Cowboys, has you want them not to go in like the Arizona game where it's just like, well show up, it'll be fine. You want them to go on where everyone's talking about this guy coming off this monster game.
Speaker 5: Should he be considered for the m v P.
Speaker 6: You know, no, no running backs got MVP s in Sadrian Peterson, Like, I just think that sitting in there with them like at the top, yeah, I think they'll be they'll be very very motivated, very very locked in. For McCaffrey, now, is he still gonna possibly have a good game? Yeah, I mean he's one of the best players in the NFL. That's gonna happen. It's not completely Yeah, you're not gonna completely shut him down, but I think that they'll be full awareness and they'll be full focus on him, to the point where it kind of makes me think, well, could this be a big Kittle game? Could this be a big Aub game or somebody that you're not focused on nearly as much? Because everybody's kind of looking at this McCaffrey McCaffrey McCaffrey thing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's part of the.
Speaker 5: Isaiah shaking his head though he doesn't like this takee.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a team. You don't key in on players, right.
Speaker 3: You try to shut down the scheme, and the reality is the scheme has kicked your butt the last two times you've played them.
Speaker 4: That's the reality hasn't been what I.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't necessarily say it's kick their well, I think it's kicked their buddy.
Speaker 8: The average of what what twenty one and a half points? Would you say that's killing their bot.
Speaker 4: I don't get a dog on what the scoorse is. I'm talking about. It's two losses, Yeah, two losses they control there.
Speaker 8: I think of what has struggles more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what happens Sunday is a butt kicking if they lose to the Patriots, you know, or if the Patriots win, you know, by like a field goal or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't look at that as a butt kicking.
Speaker 2: But Dallas winning thirty eight to three, that's that's that's the but keetting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 5: Butt There's a big difference there.
Speaker 3: You guys just looking at one aspect of the game, y'all just looking at the stat line in terms of the score.
Speaker 4: I'm to physically control the.
Speaker 8: Game physically on the score, because that's what physically controlled.
Speaker 4: The last two times Befty nine just played the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's been in the trenches, and that's impacted the more physicensively.
Speaker 4: Physically more kick.
Speaker 6: And then if they were their butts were kicked so bad, then why was it? Why wasn't the score morel upside than that?
Speaker 4: The game is the game? But they basically basically.
Speaker 5: Metall and I don't think they were destroying those.
Speaker 4: Gys, see you, and I don't think I don't think this.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm not even gonna be here on price right now. I'm clearly picking the Niners. But at the same time, like I do not think it's been butt kickings at all.
Speaker 3: Have you felt good about your control of the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball against the Niners? Yes or no? I would say no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: This is scantrow yes, yes or no no no no, no no. That's getting your butt kick.
Speaker 3: But if you man a man on man, when you put them bands on, you can't control another man from pushing you backwards, you get.
Speaker 2: Your butt if that's hitting your one possess sides has been fine. Like both of those games twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, I think the defense was good enough to win those games in both cases. Offensively, I do not think so. I think you got your butts kicked offensively, I really do. I don't think this offense was nearly what it wanted to be in twenty twenty one, whenever it was one of the top scoring offenses in the country, and I don't think it was one of what it wanted to be healthy had their weapons ready to go going into twenty twenty two. It wasn't what it wanted to be either, But defensively, this team was ready to play both times. They just didn't get that offensive possibility.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry you don't agree. If we walk it, if they walk into San Francisco on Sunday night and only give up nineteen or only give up twenty three points victory across the what I feel like. I feel like the offense can score at least twenty three points. Now, it's been the offense in the last two years that has been getting their butt kicked. You're right, but we were talking about the defense, and I don't feel like the defense has been getting their butts kick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's definitely moments in those games where I thought that the deciding factor was because of that. Like when San Francisco went down last year and scored like basically was the game winning score. I definitely looked as like they were. They man handled the Cowboys to a certain aspect. But I kind of think if Dak plays a little bit better in that game, Like I just those two weeks in a row, seeing the way Dak played against Tampa Bay and seeing the way he played in that game, if you just give me Dak in the middle, they win that game.
Speaker 2: If you think the offense had so much success against the count I know.
Speaker 5: What blowouts looks like. I've seen three of them this year.
Speaker 2: Yes, not that the Cowboys four. Yeah, Cowboys defense in the past. I mean without looking. I know you've got like stats up in front of you. Stop looking at it's look at me, Look at me, look at my eyes.
Speaker 4: Where what what did the stat lines look like? Offensively?
Speaker 2: Four for the forty nine ers in the game.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't look at the stats.
Speaker 2: I know you don't put ten carries for thirty five yards for Christian McCaffrey. That's it that he had nothing there. Deebo Samuel was four for forty five. Kittle probably the.
Speaker 4: Number one target in that game.
Speaker 2: This is the twenty twenty two divisional round. Kittle had five receptions for ninety five. They have options, they have weapons across the way.
Speaker 5: How many of that five or ninety five came on that? Kittle played down?
Speaker 6: The thirty one offended by Nevill Galamore, which you know, thirty I think should have been stopped.
Speaker 5: That should not happen.
Speaker 6: Also, go ahead and keep throwing balls at at tray Von Diggs like that and see any of those heat picks off. Yeah, I don't look at them as like they just, oh, they just are so much better they played on this higher level. Also, if they were really that much better, it probably would have.
Speaker 5: One of those Super Bowl trophies off of these years they don't.
Speaker 4: It's not that easy, cause no, a lot of good players, a lot of good teams that don't have.
Speaker 5: Some teams that are better than them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about the last few years Dallas with Sanfray. That's all I'm referring to. That's what they're gonna be watching. They're gonna go back and watch the film and figure out where did we lose the battles And you're gonna have to look in the mirror and say we lost up front?
Speaker 6: How much do you think the play caller change factors into that? Just because you know those previous two matchups, Calum Moore is the one calling the plays. Now Mike's calling the plays, Like, do you see a major difference in way this game could potentially go compared to maybe those because of a different play caller, And because let's be honest, I don't think we've seen, even through four games, everything that that Cowboys are gonna do, you know, I mean, there's things that we saw at training camp that they haven't done it, not even close to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're not, as I keep mentioning, you're not gonna see what Dallas is capable of until you have your entire starting office line.
Speaker 5: Facts, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Until you get your.
Speaker 3: Starting office a line and you get your running game going, you're not going to see half the things that Dallas can do. That's not the issue. But again, I'm gonna keep stating it right, Dallas took care of it last game. You have to win the physicality against San Fran because they want to beat you up.
Speaker 4: Do you think this team can win it? Someone up see with the line? Looks like it by the end of the week. Okay, you guys see who's up from.
Speaker 5: The Vegas line.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Maurice in Tacoba, Washington. You're on talking cowboys. What's up, Maurice?
Speaker 9: Hey? How you doing?
Speaker 15: Fellas doing great?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm doing good up here in the rainy day, the beautiful Pacific North winter.
Speaker 4: Go do go dogs? Yes, sir, yes, sir, I'm still a repent Do you see it? You see it on the hat?
Speaker 12: You know it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely? Hey, So I got a two part question. It's about coach McCarty and the play calling for the office. This week. Lately, he's been playing into our defense, which has been way conservative. But you think he's gonna play the same way against San Francisco or do you think maybe he might try to attack them? And also, how would you play them if you was coach McCartney.
Speaker 4: Listener, Thank you, Maurice.
Speaker 2: Great question and a great segue too, because we were just talking about the play calling.
Speaker 4: Nick, I'll start with you on this one. Where would you go?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 8: I want to start by saying, through these first four games, with three of them mostly being blowouts, and one of them where they had to simplify I don't want to say dumb down, but very much simplify the offense because of the situation up front. Against Arizona, they are throwing an offense out on the field in week five that I feel like, personally is a lot different than what we've been seeing the first four weeks, just because they haven't had to reach so far deep into their bag. I asked offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer about that yesterday. I was like, is does it feel like there's an abnormal amount of things that you still haven't been able to throw out on the field going into a week five compared to previous week fives. And he gave a long win an answer, but basically the gist of it was yes, for sure, and there's an advantage to that, but you know, end game adjustments. We'll have to play with those as things go on. Every game is different, blah blah. But I feel like what they can put on the field offensively from the opening script, Specifically, they can run a play on that first drive that they have not run the entirety of the season, all the way going down because they haven't had to reach that far deep into the bag. So that goes into Mike McCarthy's play calling. For sure, what can he do to get guys open, what has not worked to get guys open against the San Francisco defense in the past. How much do you lean on that experience, and then how much do you lean on the things that have worked through the first four weeks. I think we're going to see a mixed bag of a lot of things, but I think, excuse me, more than anything, we're going to see vertical play. Finally, I think we're going to see some shots being taken.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we saw a lot more of that in camp and we've seen so far from Brandon Cooks, so this would make some sense to bring some of that out.
Speaker 4: Also.
Speaker 6: I mean, Ceedee Lamb had the touchdown catch on Sunday, but it wasn't really this huge game from Ceedee Lamb. I would be stunned if the Cowboys found a way to win this game without Ceedee Lamb playing.
Speaker 4: Well, what was the original question, do you experience?
Speaker 2: Do you expect Mike McCarthy to be a conservative play caller or an aggressive play caller?
Speaker 4: And then what would you do?
Speaker 3: You're going to walk the line, man, you both you're going to walk the line. Obviously, this offense you haven't shown. I don't even think they've showed thirty percent of what they're what they want to do on a weekly basis to some of the points that Nick brought up. But I mean, at the same time, you can't come out and start trying out everything that you've wanted to work on.
Speaker 9: In a game.
Speaker 3: You have to be you have to be able to have repetitions. You got to feel comfortable, you know, because they're gonna have their curve balls too. Defensively, So I think you're gonna it's gonna be a mixed bag. You mean, they're both both teams have been saving up some stuff for this game, and like you mentioned, Kyle, this this game has been circled for a while now ever since the schedule.
Speaker 4: Drops, so teams that they have been literally putting some.
Speaker 3: Stuff away in anticipation for this game because they know how competitive it's going to be. This this is not a blowout game on either side of the ball. It's always gonna be a close game. It's always gonna be super physical game. It's just one team's going to be more dominant than the other, and it just depends on who's going to be whether that comes from in physicality or whether it comes from being out schemed. I don't think that either team has outschemed each other over the past few years. I just I don't think it's been an out scheming thing. I think it's been come down to the physicality side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just whoever wins the trenches, who's tougher. I mean, that's certainly going to play a factor into it. I mean, mentality wise, it's one of those things that you have to play a balance game too, and you talked about that just very briefly. Yesterday we got a text from the two by four by the way represent two FI four asking about Dak press guy. He said that after the game on Sunday, he was at the podium. He said he was peeved about the about San Francisco. He said he was upset about it. He was emotional about it, and he kind of walked off the stage was right at the end of his press conference. And the two four wants to know why it's any different than what the past has looked like for Dak. Why can't it be different this time around than the previous two Because we were just talking about it. The offense was what let down the Cowboys in those two previous playoff meetings.
Speaker 4: Why can't it be different this time around?
Speaker 3: I mean, you have a more experienced player who has history to be pissed off about. I mean, in the short I guess there's a whole lot of other things we can kind of point to, But at the end of the day, you're talking about some of the best players in the world, literally, and everybody who's in this league is super competitive, and nobody wants to keep getting beat up by the same bully. That's what's happened here. The last two times you've gotten beat up, you got punched in the eye, and you've had to walk away and just go and take your bag and go home. And that's what they've done to you the last few times. So as a competitor, as a man, you're ready for that next opportunity. There's no different than you. Everybody who watches boxing your UFC. You get beat up by somebody two times, like no, no, no, run it back, run it back, give me that third time.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: You know, nobody gets beating mad and just puts the controller down and walks away like you're like, nah, give me another chance.
Speaker 4: And that's what this is.
Speaker 3: You have to wait another year for another chance. Being at you're in different divisions, but that's what this opportunity is. That's why Dak was pissed off, like yeah, no, they they've got us the last two times, Like I don't okay, you're trying to get me there already, Like all right, let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for a game plan. Let's let's start watching a film.
Speaker 8: Now to that question, I don't feel like there is anything different right now through four weeks. What has the biggest I guess inhibitor of these playoff loss has been lack of offensive execution, and that's been the thing we've had to nitpick through the first four weeks. Is offensive execution, especially inside the red zone, hasn't been a problem getting down the field. None of us have questioned that. I think that's a little bit different if you're absolutely looking for differences and how things have shaped out the last two years. But I need to see execution before I feel good about going into a road playoff environment and being able to do what they haven't been able to do the last two years. So my answer to that, I don't feel like there is anything different right now.
Speaker 6: And I'll say go back to the Dak press conference after the game. We have seen a little bit more of a chippy Dak Prescott this season with the media. It's clearly that he's motivated by the fact of he's got to get you know, well, one, it was the interceptions leading the league interceptions that was the big thing, but then now it's also the Niners. They've been like the one thing that has stood in his way from making the playoff run. That he's capable of making. And I mean I remember him on the podium after that game. I mean, he took the blame for that loss, for how poorly he played against the Niners.
Speaker 5: You know that just late in that game.
Speaker 6: That just was not like the Dak Prescott that we had seen, heck, even the week before against Tampa Bay. So I'm sure, I'm sure he's feeling that. And and to be honest with you, maybe the Niners just bring it out of him, because I'll go back to the game after they lost to the Niners two years ago, m hm. And the way he didn't immediately say that like the fans shouldn't have been thrown stuff at the officials was one of the first times I've ever where I was ever just like, oh, I can't believe Dak said it. And then it was given a chance to kind of follow up on it, and he still was just like, yeah, whatever you know about it and didn't say that like that, well, that's the wrong thing to do, to the point where like it like a couple of days later he had he had put a statement about it.
Speaker 5: You know, like, you know, we shouldn't be you know, fan shouldn't be doing stuff like that.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 6: I was just kind of like surprised that he would even say that, but it just showed a little bit of just his frustration, which if it's most players wouldn't even notice that, but it just you're so used to Dak Prescott been the franchise quarterbacks in twenty sixteen. There's this huge sample size longest ten urre quarterback in the end with their current team, and you just you almost never see him say anything where you're just like, WHOA, Dak said that? So it is interesting how the forty nine ers have brought that out in him, because really, other than you know, obviously getting to a super Bowl and winning the Super Bowl, the Niners have been really the only team that have stood in his way. There's been the playoff losses the Packers, don't get me wrong, but the Niners have definitely been that team for him that he hasn't been able to get passed. So it'll be fascinating to see how how he plays individually in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was so sharp this past week too. I think taking that and building on top of it is going to be a completely.
Speaker 4: Different challenge for San Francisco.
Speaker 2: But he's coming off of a great game he played. Well, see if he can kind of replicate that here in week five. All right, we have to take our second break. When we come back, we're gonna hear from Troy in Philly an answer a couple more text messages. There are a ton of text messages and they're really good. We could have a two hour show if we really wanted to. All Right, when we come back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 12: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list? Forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule.
Speaker 2: Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again.
Speaker 12: Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Riflecoffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 4: Plus.
Speaker 2: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 4: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: With the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: Better to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Bank your on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This segment of the show is brought you by him visil Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys, and it's also brought to you by the Fan of the Year, Dallas Cowboys. Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. Of course, Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Cheers, Isaiah, Isaiah, stand back, John Matchoda, Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 4: We've got Troy in Philly on the line.
Speaker 16: Troy, what's going on, hey man? How you guys doing Man?
Speaker 4: Doing great? Thanks for the call. What's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Hey? Well?
Speaker 16: First of all, John and Nick, you guys are great addition to the show. Great to have you guys, and man, I love the insight you guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.
Speaker 16: No problem at all. My first thing I do. I love the conversation around the whole buck kitchen versus not buck kicking. I kind of kind of agree with John and Nick on it that that wasn't quite a buck kicking. But I keep in mind Isaiah played in the and you know, you got to get a different humans to play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, so I kind of see it.
Speaker 16: I see where he is with that. And then my other, my other thing you guys kind of touched on about the offense kind of missing a little something. I kind of feel like, you know, when you put something on the tip of your tongue and you just kind of something that is missing, something that is not quite right. But I get the offense, the offensive line, and there's something that's not quite missing, something that's not quite right about that dolphin. And I'll be glad when they get it together. But Nick, you're gonna love this one. When are they going to realize that you have your short yard is back? When they're gonna realize that I mean, he's right there and he showed it to him last week. He showed vision and a little bit of burds.
Speaker 6: He cut back like, this is.
Speaker 16: Your short yard is back. I wish they would just stop being cute and realize that this is your guy and to the whole being bullied thing. I'd like to see them third and one against San Francis on line up and just pounded with pounded with this guy. This is your short guardage back. I'll be glad when they finally realize that this is your guy and just use it that way. I'll think up and listen to you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you for taking my call, man, Yeah, of course, great call.
Speaker 4: It starts.
Speaker 8: Also, I've I've been I've been trying to be very mindful about my hundred Louckky bias on this show. Like whenever we talk about him, I just kind of let the room breathe because I know I appreciate him a little bit more than the average person, just because I love fullbacks, like that's just me and this guy is not just a fullback. He's a versatile weapon. But now that I have the platform, shout out to this guy for being able to Troy shout out to Troy for being able to bring this to the table. He's right, and I think there's a really good opportunity going into San Francisco with a Pro Bowl fullback on the other side of Now we're talking about the guy that we compared Hunter Looky to as soon as he walked into the building, and he was like, I don't want to be Kyle Uschek. I want to be Hunter Lucky. He can have a chance to go be a hundred lopee on Sunday after Sunday night in UH in San Francisco, especially if you go double cannot play. I think you have to. You have to turn up the notch on him. Give him those short yartage opportunities, give him those UH pass blocking opportunities as well.
Speaker 2: So you're saying Hunter Lopke could go into this game on Sunday and turn Kyle use Check into Kyle Who's Check.
Speaker 8: I didn't say all that. That's what I've heard because I love Kyle us Check. Like I said, I'm a far will be the better fullback by the end of their career. I don't know. I don't know. You can't ask me that.
Speaker 2: I've got my my scouting report for Hunter Lipkey full back North Dakota State, and right here in comparison.
Speaker 8: Kyle Check, There's there's very few fullbacks that can line up in the slot, and I've only seen two do it in my lifetime at least, Kyle Use checking Hunter Lookey.
Speaker 6: The one thing I'll say about that, And and I hope this doesn't happen for your sake, but I think this game is going to be close. And when the games have been close this year, which is only one, you just haven't seen as much of Flip Key and Duce Vaughan and then handoffs on dey Turf, And like.
Speaker 2: Do you think they should see more of that even in a close game though, because that's been one of the fan questions.
Speaker 6: By the way, probably not I'm trying to. I just I don't think you have to do. I don't know, Like I guess maybe a play.
Speaker 5: Here or there.
Speaker 6: But Ceedee Lamb's healthy, Brandon Cooks is healthy, Michael Gallup's healthy, Jalen Tolbert keeps progressing like the weapons are there, Jake Ferguson is coming off a really big game, Like I think I don't want to take any of those guys off off the field, really in the big in the biggest moments, because I think those are your best playmakers.
Speaker 4: I could be wrong.
Speaker 8: Well, if Freako Doubtle cannot go, who's your change of pace guy?
Speaker 5: Now, that could definitely open up some lip key snaps there.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm thinking. More so, like I, he shouldn't have more than five touches in a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, curve ball if they into the goal line and put Micah at run.
Speaker 5: Back, if they don't have doubt.
Speaker 3: The game of doing he was He's no, it would not. Oh yes, I formation lift fullback, Mike, I have running back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, even if I have that in my bag, I'm saving that for playoffs January.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to. If you getting me, I.
Speaker 4: Want them to.
Speaker 2: This is interesting from the six one five. I haven't seen a question like this in a long time. But if the Cowboys win the coin toss, what should they do? Should they receive no going offense or should they defer put the defense.
Speaker 5: On the field for since I think they're cheap in offense. So why do you think that?
Speaker 4: Oh see, there is.
Speaker 12: Some split here.
Speaker 4: The defense is your best asset.
Speaker 6: Love it, don't I don't disagree with that, but I think the best possibility is you having a drive that goes down there. Let's say it gets in the red zone, you score a touchdown, you have the lead. You want Rock Purdy to have to throw the football. That's your best chance to beat them. Uh if they get out and they get a lead early. I don't love the Cowboys coming from behind. I just think that the way this team is built, I think it's best for them to have a lead project.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hear you, that's a very valid point. I mean, but the reality is most likely going to be a close game. And yeah, I don't think either coach is gonna say this is gonna be a blowout. So knowing that it's going to be a close game most likely, I want the ball coming out to half.
Speaker 6: It has been fascinating this year though, because Mike McCarthy is mister double double where he loves the opportunity of going into that half scoring and then coming out. And so when they've won these tosses and then he's elected to receive, it's surprised me a little bit. But it also speaks to like you said, I mean, the defense is their strength.
Speaker 8: So I'm with Isaia Yere. I think yeah, I think yeah. I understand both sides, but I think I want the defense on the field first, especially on a Sunday night game on the road. Let's say the first half doesn't go great, you have an immediate opportunity to regain moment in the second half. That's kind of yeah, look at it. Or they could pull a Charlie Strong and just kick both halves. Remember when he was the coach at Texas they played UCLA at at and T Stadium. This is like twenty fifteen, and he kicked to start both halves.
Speaker 5: He had that much confidence in his defense.
Speaker 8: No, I think they messed up the coin toss.
Speaker 2: Up the coin toss, but I mean that was like that was a controversy a couple of years ago where it was the verbiage from Dak in a coin toss.
Speaker 4: Was that against him Ford Cisco? When was that?
Speaker 8: I don't remember if that was vaguely remember something like it was.
Speaker 2: It was something with the verbiage of the coin toss where he said we want the ball or something instead of we defer.
Speaker 4: We really well received something.
Speaker 6: Like another factor in this game. Remember Factory, the last team times they played him. Is the forty nine er has been more disciplined. They've had less penalties in both games. That was such a big part of that loss in Dallas was the officiating that you know, it was that that time where it was like the Cowboys were just had so many games they had ten plus penalties. And then even last year at San Francisco, San Francisco is the more disciplined team.
Speaker 2: I I want to ask all of these questions, I really do.
Speaker 5: Let's go rapid fire.
Speaker 4: You want to rapid fire, go go? Okay, let's say that. One just says let's go Ducks.
Speaker 2: Wow. Danny Jay from DC says, does Rico's injury mean more Duce time or will that go to Milik Davis?
Speaker 4: Possibly Duce? Oh no, no, no, no, no, Duce has been it hasn't been good for him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Milik Davis. But to next point, I think Lipkey could get some of those touches too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Do you think Micah lining up over the center is putting him in harm's way and that's why he's been more banged up in recent weeks.
Speaker 6: No, he's an animal and so sometimes he's sometimes he's gonna get wounded.
Speaker 4: Well, Mike was over the middle. I mean it's it's one on one matchups. They're not putting anything of a wash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like, I love that they move him around. I don't ever want to see him just line up at one spot.
Speaker 2: Sineca says, do you think Rishard Evans would be a good option for the linebacker spot since he's now a free agent to maybe pick up some guys free agency.
Speaker 8: I'm okay with I'm gonna go okay with things. Linebacker, I know, not cool with it.
Speaker 5: I know nothing about linebacker.
Speaker 6: If they like go to Devin Harper on top of all the other injuries, and then how few linebackers they had on the initial fifty three.
Speaker 5: I know nothing about linebacker anymore with this team.
Speaker 2: This one says inside the run or inside the ten, just run Lipkey Pollard simply doesn't have.
Speaker 8: What it takes to punch it.
Speaker 5: Incaut agree with that.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with the backside of it.
Speaker 6: But if you have that full offensive line, I think he would, You'll think differently about that.
Speaker 2: Pattern or coincidence. Dallas has gone twelve and five the last two seasons. That's an average of one loss per month. Do you feel like that's the case again this year?
Speaker 4: No, No, it's another year, another year.
Speaker 5: Completely to schedule too.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Which matchup is most underrated? On Sunday to Night from Howard in Virginia. Underrated underrated matchup?
Speaker 8: Man Thursday?
Speaker 12: Like that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, probably you can land.
Speaker 2: That's that's a high flying matchup. That's not really a high flying matchup. Yeah, all right, and this is the last one I'll leave you with if I could get a one shot here.
Speaker 4: Jesus, don't do it. Don't know I'm doing it. Don't do it, Bamer, All right, here we go, don't do it. Somebody sent this in. That's just standback on the Dallas Cow.
Speaker 5: It's a tops chrome. That's a fantasy.
Speaker 4: It's a Tops chrome.
Speaker 8: Rookie card is not going as signed version?
Speaker 5: Is that a refractor?
Speaker 4: It looks like they got it in the sleeve.
Speaker 2: They've got this thing covered it probably like seventy seven.
Speaker 4: He's good, you got a refractory card.
Speaker 8: Oh man, I just snorted.
Speaker 4: That's how should we tell them they're from the four oh seven? Should we say? If they send it in, then you'll sign it and send it a beamer? All right?
Speaker 5: So that's a good looking card.
Speaker 4: It is a good look. I'm gonna go back in my collection. I've got a bunch of cars. Have something in the safe. You guys have them? Oh, I would love that.
Speaker 5: It looks like that might be a training camp shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, all the ones I have say sample on the back because they send them to me before. Okay, Yeah, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's even more limited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it also. Yeah, just open up the open up the safe.
Speaker 8: Let's make this happen really quick. That that weird coin toss thing happened December twenty nineteen against the Rams. Jack had said we want to kick it, but then followed it up with we deferred to the second half and the ref got confused, but they did not kick both halfs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sorted out by the end of it, but I remember in the second quarter everyone was freaking out, like in the press.
Speaker 3: Box as a big story on TV TV, Like everyone was like.
Speaker 4: Is this what's about to happen? And then as long as he didn't say we want the ball and we're going to score, all right, that does it for us.
Speaker 2: Here on a Talking Tuesday, Fantastic questions, guys, great callers, great questions on the text line as well. Man, it's so much fun previewing this matchup. We're gonna be back tomorrow talking about the Cowboys defense versus this San Francisco offense.
Speaker 4: It's gonna look to try and kick the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: But this we think tonight, a lot of film tonight, a lot of film hitting the film always.
Speaker 6: Isaiah's gonna come back tomorrow and we're gonna have this all figured out, the game plan.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be the steps to win the game.
Speaker 4: He'll be a great time.
Speaker 2: It's over with, and we're also gonna hear some national storylines from John Michoba. That's right, Plenty more to come for Chris Beam, for Isaiah stand back, John Machoda, Nick Cares, I'm Kyle Yomen saying so long from the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 4: We'll see tomorrow with more talking Cowboys.