Speaker 1: All right, guys. Injuries from the game. Deepo had of illness today, tried to go, couldn't do it, never returned, And Brandon Aiyuk had a knee. We're worried it's an a C O. Not confirmed yet, but they'll find out for sure tomorrow. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: There's been injuries of this season, But does it begin to in your mind accumulate emotionally taking.
Speaker 1: All these injuries? Yeah, I mean it always does for anyone associated with NFL. I know a lot of teams deal with that, not every team, but we're dealing with it hard right now, and it got worse yesterday. So stuff.
Speaker 2: Got worse today, do you think I mean, obviously Brock's dealing with inexperienced receivers Rindy Pierzel's first game, I think, three interceptions. How did you think Brock dealp with all that?
Speaker 1: I mean, we didn't do anything really good on offense, you know, I know he'd love to have all three of those picks back. So Brock's been playing unbelievable this year, some good things in offense this year, But today wasn't that day.
Speaker 2: Second interception was that of miscommunication?
Speaker 1: Or did I just missed the throw.
Speaker 2: Obviously not the result you guys wanted, but kind of excluding the performance, just for Rickie yourself to make it back on an NFL field today, What did that need for us as.
Speaker 1: Coach for him? I mean, we kind of celebrate that almost all week with him because it was great to have him back, and he looked great in practice and he was gonna get eased in a little today. It changed a little bit with Deebo going out, Then it changed a bunch without you going out, So he had to do more than we expected today and I was proud of him for handling it. Great to have him back. People get the sickness this morning, like yeah this morning, yeah, uh, throat stomach things just real fatigued, like struggled to Breathe couldn't catch his breath and so he kept trying to fight through it. But once he was ruggle with the breathing and everything that we had to shut him down.
Speaker 2: Seem to struggle with the deep and man coverage in this game or other thing he can do as a play caller, play designer to help seeing people opening against those particular looks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's you know, that's that's all we tried to do. I thought a couple of guys did pretty good on man. Thought we got a good crow pump their jake at the end. Uh you know, I thought Ba had a real good one that we just didn't go to had U one of the picks on it. Ronnie did on the other pick. So there was definitely times guy's beat man and sometimes they didn't. Looking at the de performance, Kyle, what did you see in terms of.
Speaker 2: How Mahome was able to torment them again?
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought the defense today, compared to everything else, gave us a chance. You know, I thought they settled them down, but you know it four or five in the red zone was the biggest thing. I mean, they had scored pretty much every time they got down there. My homes, you know, just keeping place alive with his legs that thirties so scramble that he did and then extended by the sidelines, which we see over and over and everyone's well, everyone thinks they're ready for it, but then he gets another team again with it. So hats off to him. He's an unbelievable player. Uh we we don't play good as a team today.
Speaker 3: You have one more game before the bye week. What was the message that you delivered to the team. What what do you want them to take away from today?
Speaker 1: I want them to say less today. There's no way to sugarcoat that we got our ass kick today. Lots of reasons for it, but those are things that they don't need to sit and think about today. We'll dress all those tomorrow. We'll get together, we'll go through the truth of the whole tape and you know, be hard on each other and find a way to put it to best so we can come out here and make sure we put our best foot forward and find a way to get a win. Versus Alice question, how much did you expect Rock to elevate himself and give him the circumstances on whose question? U? Yeah, Brock elevates himself a lot. I mean, regardless of whether guys are down or up. I mean Brock's been doing that every game. He had a couple of good some good plays today, but just overall him, along with all of us on offense, we didn't do well. When you do miss your best players or some of them and they go out with injuries, it makes it harder on everyone and you hope that you can overcome that with some stuff with some of other guys like Brock, who is very capable of doing that but just wasn't his best to.
Speaker 3: Continued frustration with special teams and what can be done kind of clean.
Speaker 1: Some stuff up. I can't hear you. They're continued frustration with special teams and what can be done to clean some of the stuff. We're gonna keep coaching them. We're gonna keep putting pressure on us as coaches, pressure on the players. You know, as you do get guys down, you know, there's not a you can't just try the next guy, you know. So some of these guys are getting their opportunities because of injuries, and we got to make sure that we get better at this. And there's certain things that we have gotten better at. But you know, that big punt return mainly the one that stuck out to me. You know, they're getting too much and we just gotta continue to work at it and not ignore it, which we're not.
Speaker 2: You guys expect expect to be without.
Speaker 1: I'm really hoping to get back this week.
Speaker 3: She said, some success running some screenplays.
Speaker 1: Why do you think you struggled defending those plays? Gim that you've seen them before. Yeah, you used to see screens every week, so what everybody does hits a couple of screens in the game. They got past our d line, sucked us up on that. I think they got us in a couple of zone coverages where guys were out of there and you need one guy to make the tackle. That guy misses and it opens it up. But they hit some good screens. It's it's what they do best, one of the best things they do, and they got us on them. Is there any reasonablieve Brandon does an avatory aco? Uh? I mean, that's what it looks like, but we don't know for sure, just doing the tests and everything with our hands and with the trainers and stuff all that. So that's what we fear. That's what it looks like. But we've been wrong before, so praying that we are.
Speaker 2: I know you you know past games don't mean much for this game. But what they were doing defensively was it similar did some things you saw in the Super Bowl or would signal or be doing even the other things.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's what they do in the super Bowl, It's what they did the nineteen games before that. You know, it's what they've done all the games this year, so they got a good scheme. They mix up a lot of to read coverage, a lot of quarters pressure, a lot of man coverage, and a lot of man pressure, so they kind of roll those throughout the game, and they're good at all of 'em.
Speaker 3: Probably there's a lot of emotion knowing into this game. And yeah, everyone can say it's just another game. It's not gonna make up in the super Bowl, but clearly it was important. How what do you do now to kind of be able to put this behind you.
Speaker 1: That's why I try not to make it about that stuff. You know. I mean you obviously when you got to you know, we all know how much last year hurt. So you know, when you're studying that tape all week and stuff, it does bring up emotions and everything. And yeah, you would love to beat someone, but that has If we beat 'em today, that wasn't gonna change anything with the super Bowl either. You know, we would love to do it. We haven't been able to beat 'em, so that's something that would feel really good. But I'm not gonna make that more than it is. So we tried not to make it more than it is all week. Whether we won or lost. We know we're gonna come in on day and review it and know we were gonna have a big game. Verstallis this week before the bye weekend. Our goals to be leading our division after this bye week. I didn't even watch what happened today. I think they I think Seattle won. But we gotta keep it close here and may find a way to get a win next week.
Speaker 2: If Brandon does have an idea, could you see being aggressive on the trademarket for a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, depends what's available, depends the risk and reward with everything. I mean, we look into everything in every situation, but gotta balance all that out, alright, Thanks guys,