Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check.
Speaker 3: God dang it, the NBA season is already over, which means it's lying season. It's the busy season's trade season's draft season. It's get the fuck out of Bradley Beal's season.
Speaker 2: Heat Checks.
Speaker 3: Just starting the heat up, folks. We will catch our breath a bit with this episode. We will update you on free agency and potential trades leading up to next week's NBA Draft. God damn, we've got a lot of tea on Bradley Beal, Zion Dame, all the news from around the league. Basketball season is over, and now the busy season begins. So Nick, do me a favor and drop that motherfucking generic ass beat that should be Rihanna. We're back in the studio, baby, No more episodes at midnight where I'm barely awake.
Speaker 2: Those are fun episodes, by the way.
Speaker 3: They are. I just I just extend everything out.
Speaker 2: Like this bab, Like this bab.
Speaker 3: We got the draft next week, then we got free agency, and then we got Summer League. So much as happening, folks. My head is spinning, we have to say, because I don't think We've had an episode since this happened. The Denver Nuggets won the Chip and Nikoli Okicch doesn't seem like he cares really at all. He's already lost his NBA Finals trophy. He's probably lost his Western Conference Finals trophy. He's like, I just want to go home and see my horses win some sort of I don't even know what type of race is happening in Serbia, but I guess it's important.
Speaker 2: He's ready to be done with basketball. He even broke the code.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to say when you make that much money and you do all the things that people of his stature do, like you're supposed to like your job, and Nikola Okicch build the t Hey everyone, every single person, no matter what they do, hates their job. And if they say they love it, I'm sure that there are people out there who say that they're lying. He's like, I'm sure, he said, Oh, maybe other people feel differently.
Speaker 2: They're lying.
Speaker 3: He just said it right there on the podium. Everyone is looking to the future already, even the Nuggets. Reports are that Denver Nuggets GM Calvin Booth missed Game four of the NBA Finals because he was scouting the draft, and that was after Calvin Booth already pulled off a trade with Oklahoma City during the finals. I've never seen that before, but the records the Nuggets swapped a protected twenty twenty nine first round pick to OKC for the least favorable of okac's twenty twenty four first round pick, the number thirty seven pick in the twenty twenty three draft, and a twenty twenty four second round pick.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that means? Maybe there's another Yogic around the corner. Baby.
Speaker 3: At the thirty seventh overall pick, you're gonna get some random dude that they play a Taco Bell commercial over when they draft them. Remember, Yogi t went forty first in the draft. Why would why would Calvin Booth do that? Why would he look for the thirty seventh pick in the finals. Just saying, grind never sleeps for an NBA executive. Speaking of executives, David Griffin, our favorite pianist, has a shit storm on his hands dealing with the Zion fallout, which has been tremendous.
Speaker 2: It is NonStop.
Speaker 3: I don't think Mariah Mills has stopped tweeting since she started to tweet it has been shocking. It appears that Zion would quote like a change of scenery. Apparently the change of scenery shocking is New York City the only place that everybody's been saying Zion has been wanting to go. He said, remember when he played at MSG, and he was like, I love Madison Square Garden. It's my favorite place on earth to play. Well, I mean except for the Smoothie King Center. It's like, all right, Zion, we get it. You want to be in New York. The problem, well, for one, Mariah Mills has made Zion's personal reputation in stock about as low as it could possibly be. I think she's tweeted twelve thousand times since Friday. I won't get into it, but like I said, she's still going second Zion. The more importantly, Zion has played really not at all in four years. If you're you were to guess how many games Zion has played in the combined four seasons that he's been in the NBA, and there's mind you, eighty two games per year, except for the COVID year, which was seventy two, and then the shortened bubble year, which was I forget, like sixty.
Speaker 2: Eight or something.
Speaker 3: How I mean four times that. That's the lot, right, There's over three hundred games. Zion has played in one hundred and fourteen of them. During that same stretch, Nikola Jokich has played three hundred and thirty games.
Speaker 2: Think about that.
Speaker 3: So, anybody Portland Portland thinking about trading for Zion, which they would never do because they're way too smart for that. At least, think about the injury concerns. Think about that. Think about the fact that Zion's ass doesn't even like to come back and play defense. He just saunters back like he's, uh, I don't know, like walking. Mark Stein reports that the Pelicans really want Scoot Henderson.
Speaker 2: Good fucking luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, good luck with that unless you're gonna get a trade going with the Charlotte Hornets.
Speaker 2: Good luck. I heard this week. This is what mark Stein said.
Speaker 3: I heard this week from one placed, well placed observer who is convinced that the Pelicans would indeed consider dealing Williamson away. It meant that they could draft Scoot. Pointing to a rising level of exasperation within the organization regarding Williamson's ongoing availability issues and overall approach overall approach is really doing a lot of work. My read at this juncture is that the Pelicans are less inclined to consider trading brandon Ingram in.
Speaker 2: This same scenario.
Speaker 3: Exasperation, we'll just say, is not a great adjective when describing how you feel about your star player that you took number one overall in the draft four years ago. Exasperation leads me to believe that if you want the definition intensely irritated and frustrated, it's like your wits end is exasperation. The end of the rope is exasperation. Folks, Do I like theoretically Scoot in New Orleans?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Do I love Zion in New York? No?
Speaker 3: Do I love Zion in Portland? Absolutely fucking not. It's being floated out that Zion's trade value has never been lower, which, to be fair, is true. But what is the value of Zion? There are some idiots out there, there really are. There are people who think, well, if he could be fully healthy, he is dominant when he's on the floor, he is an all star, he is box office. Just the mere thought of him playing basketball for our team means that we'll probably sell an immense amount of season tickets. But let's face it, he's never available. His upside is high, but his downside is in street clothes, spitting in Mariah Mills's mouth.
Speaker 2: Will he be on the move?
Speaker 3: Stranger things have happen, and so this will be a wild run up to the draft. Speaking of wild scenarios, it looks like Bradley Beale, maybe on the move from the Wizards after getting ted leonsis to sign off on one of the weirdest contracts in modern NBA history, where Beal is overpaid and has the only no trade clause in existence in the NBA.
Speaker 2: He's going to have full say on any trade.
Speaker 3: Meaning, so say a deal gets done with Beale in the Boston Celtics and he says, I'll go to the Boston Celtics, and then they say, all right, well we're gonna move Jason Tatum for you. He can say, well, no, I'm not gonna agree to that. I'm not going to the Celtics. If there's no Tatum, he has to agree to all facets of said trade. Now, there are reports from Schams and that Beale and the Wizards are looking for a new home and that the Wizards are in full blown rebuild, So ted le owns is just a little background one of the most I would call slimy owners from a perspective of just straight lying to fans and saying that they're going to compete when we know that they're not. And now, under the guise of good faith, he said he fired Tommy Shepherd because he was frustrating that they.
Speaker 2: Weren't doing what they needed to do to do a rebuild. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: The rebuild aspect was never really even a possibility because ted Leonsis would rather have the Wizards be an eight seed and get the money for one play in game, then to just fully blow it up and start it again. Here's the kicker though, because of the contract for Bal and the fact that the no trade clause carries forward to the new team as well as a trade kicker for Bradley Beal. I think he gets a raise or a bonus if he gets traded. Brian Windhors is now reporting that the hall that the Wizards will get for Beal will be shockingly low. I don't know, some guy who's never healthy making sixty million dollars feels like his stock probably is pretty low. This is what Windhors had to say, if Bradley Beal gets traded between now and next Thursday, I think people are going to be very surprised at the price and how potentially low it's going to be, because his contract is not attractive, and especially going forward, it would mean having to pay fifty million dollars to a player on your team that may not be a first or second All NBA player.
Speaker 2: I suspect if he gets traded it.
Speaker 3: Would be for a fraction of what Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert were traded for.
Speaker 2: Man, life's a bitch and then you die.
Speaker 3: Wizards, you could have traded Bradley bil two years ago for a haul, but you know what you decided.
Speaker 2: Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty, brutal.
Speaker 3: End for the Wizards who at one point could have easily gotten probably for first round picks for Beale.
Speaker 2: Still, there are a number of suitors.
Speaker 3: Kendrick Perkins says that Jason Tatum is pushing hard for Bradley Beial to be in Boston. Lots of rumors swirling around the Miami Heat, including one bozo from the Miami Herald who thinks that the Heat will be able to trade for Beal and Dame.
Speaker 2: There is a man out there that is in existence.
Speaker 3: Of breath who believes that the Miami Heat can get brad Beal and Dame Lollard without giving up Jimmy Butler and bam Adebayle. What kind of early eighties pure cocaina is This guy on? Nick Nurse is also set to covet Bradley Beal as a hardened replacement in Miami, which would be a fascinating dynamic as well.
Speaker 2: But I think, truthfully, I like.
Speaker 3: Miami a lot, but I think the best spot might be the Knicks. New York has trade assets, they won't have to give up a lot. The Wizards need young talent who are able to perform at least on an NBA level right now, but you have a ton of upside. Beal and Brunson might be a little undersized, but they do score a shitload of points. Beale, I think six' five is he not six,' FOUR so i mean, THAT'S fine i guess for. A, Two finally sham's dropped another nugget And the bell, sweep steaks basically adding chaos to. The market, SAYING this i couldn't. Believe it because it would. Be bonkers another team That's Had bradley beal trade talks With the wizards Are The. Sacramento kings Sources tell Shams And sam ammick Believe that bill Would consider sacramento given his no, trade clause, but now as, of now there does not appear to be a clear pathway for the. Two sides when was the last time that you heard of a star player wanting to wave their no trade clause which almost no one has to Go. To sacramento when was the last Time that sacramento was a destination for free agents or players who could choose their. OWN location i, don't know at least in the last twenty years if that has been. THE case i do not see a way For the kings to make this deal that is sustainable for. Their future but it does give me a little tingle all over my Body that bill would even. Consider it as, An aside Our Guy damien Barling from Delo and casey Friend of show tweeted some breaking news About the kings going all in on raptors og and an keep your eye on that that's been swirling around pretty much, all year but it is. Now confirmed As, for beale seems pretty Certain that bill is going to be on. The Move the wizards want to blow. It up that Means kristavs porzingis. Probably goes That Means kyle kuzma, probably goes and you.
Speaker 2: Just get a boatload of.
Speaker 3: Draft picks it's gonna, be chaos particularly for the team that Gets bal let's. Move ON so i tweeted this, out yesterday, trivia question What Do, Spencer Dinwittie, Jeremy Grant, glenn robinson the Third All.
Speaker 2: Sharon common only one person got.
Speaker 3: It right the rest of you Jokers on twitter responded, by saying guys who played IN the nba or men who have never been in, my kitchen here is, the answer which is just a wild thing, to respond men who have never been in, my kitchen here's. The, Answer, dinwitty Grant And glenn robinson were the, thirty eighth, thirty ninth and fortieth pick in the twenty. Fourteen draft the forty first pick in That Draft, nikola jokic, of course which got me thinking it's a fun bit, of trivia but really the interesting thing is to step back and realize these were mid second.
Speaker 2: Round Picks din Witty and grant have been excellent in, Their career so do not fret if you have a mid.
Speaker 3: Second rounder if you're good at, your job you'll probably find. Some gold there's plenty of jokers out there who don't do their job well enough for you to. Clean up if you, do so would the twenty fourteen Draft Second ROUND All nba team beat the Twenty fourteen Draft First ROUND all. Nba team here is the all second round team pick from. That Year Guard spencer dinwittie the thirty, Eighth Pick Guard. Joe harris we gotta say Fully Healthy joe harris thirty third.
Speaker 2: Overall pick Small Forward jeremy grant the thirty ninth.
Speaker 3: Overall pick Power Forward dwight powell has value over. Replacement player he was forty fifth eighth overall in the, entire draft eight point.
Speaker 2: Three Overall nikola jokic.
Speaker 3: Number, forty first and the sixth man off the bench Would Be jordan clarkson forty. Six pick that's a pretty damn. Good team i'm not gonna lie. To you that's a. Good team jokic could probably take those guys To The western. Conference finals let's. Be real that's a. Good team That's If joe harris can. Move around that's a. Good, team now, come on here's the all first round team from. That year guard, Sixth overall Mark Is Smart wolf that looks bad, in hindsight does?
Speaker 1: It not.
Speaker 3: Thirteenth Overall Pick Zach levine, Wolf Again wolf wolf.
Speaker 2: Is his knee even funk.
Speaker 3: Small forward first Overall Pick andrew wiggins, power forward seventh Overall Pick julius, Randall Center.
Speaker 2: Joel embiid number three.
Speaker 3: Overall pick this is gonna be like A battle royal, found family just Like complete vitriol and the sixth man Would Be Shlomo. Kyle anderson who wins this in a seven?
Speaker 2: GAME series i think you might have to give the edge the second round.
Speaker 3: PICKS here, i mean if it's, A Playoff joel embiid might not even be on.
Speaker 2: The court let's. Be real let's.
Speaker 3: Be real if this is a seven game Series, in april Where Is?
Speaker 2: Joel embiid where?
Speaker 3: Is he does he have an orbitable fracture because probably last two years out OF three i think. He has does he have a? Knee injury like what's going On With? Marcus smart is he shooting three from eighteen from the three?
Speaker 2: Point Line.
Speaker 3: Zach lavine is the meniscus highly functioning in?
Speaker 2: That Knee?
Speaker 3: Andrew wiggins is he just coming off of? Personal Issues.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: JULIUS randall i mean this is the all sprained, Ankle, team like this is the all this literally is all like soft. Tissue Injuries marcus smart, Ankle Injury zach lavine.
Speaker 2: Knee Injury.
Speaker 3: Andrew wiggins we'll just call it good, On Him julius, Randall ankle joel. EMBID knee i think It's just schlome out here threatening to fight.
Speaker 2: His teammates? Who?
Speaker 3: Wins man what do You think i'd like? To know what, a fascinating fascinating. Case study we gotta do. These more i'm trying to be better about not criticizing the human being and only talking about the player and what they do on. The court And Then karl anthony town speaks and it's really hard for me to not eviscerate him for saying, dumb shit which he continues. TO do i have friends that Are. From minnesota my mom grew Up. In minnesota she grew Up.
Speaker 2: In duluth she Likes The.
Speaker 3: Minnesota timberwolves one of my Best Friends minnesota Timberwolf Fan Karl anthony towns as a person has. SUFFERED greatly covid family mom, passed away multiple family members. Passed away, all accounts people think he's a, nice guy but why does he keep? Doing this why does he keep saying things that are so clearly making him look like, a bozo like just a. Complete joker exhibit two hundred and. Ninety one this. Happened Yesterday Karl anthony towns goes on Former Teammate pat, beverly's PODCAST which i personally can't stand that podcast.
Speaker 2: Because it's a.
Speaker 3: Barstool podcast but that's neither here nor there A barstool, nba podcast to, be.
Speaker 2: Specific and he said this that is going to.
Speaker 3: Haunt him, he said when my time's UP and, i retire there's gonna be people who are GONNA say i changed.
Speaker 2: The game everything's up.
Speaker 3: For stipulation AND what i like to say is when this is, all over there's gonna be kids coming up and saying they're going to play a different WAY because i played IN the NBA and i did it in a.
Speaker 2: Different way.
Speaker 3: I'M speechless i don't know really what to say Other than.
Speaker 2: Kat is a. Fucking idiot that is see THIS is i shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: SAID that i should have. Said that that, was mean that. Was personal that comment. Is idiotic that's one of the Dumbest things i've ever heard him, personally say and he has said a lot of.
Speaker 2: Dumb things.
Speaker 3: He is he is not someone who clearly is in control.
Speaker 2: Of reality the.
Speaker 3: Self awareness Aspect Of Carl anthony towns.
Speaker 2: Is lacking he is.
Speaker 3: Not aware that he has not won a damn thing ON the. Nba level he's never won a. PLAYOFF series i think he's won four, playoff games five. Playoff games all, the players out of all the players IN, the nba does anybody say one of the most transformational players IN the Nba Is Karl. Anthony towns like he changed the way we Play Basketball Carl.
Speaker 2: Anthony.
Speaker 3: Towns no was there seven footers who came into the league that Threes Before Karl?
Speaker 2: Anthony? Towns yes have there BEEN guys i, don't know Like.
Speaker 3: Like jokic have there been guys who played defense Better Than Karl anthony towns and still? Shoot, Threes yes he's Been Around rudy gobert. Too much he thinks that every player Is Like. Rudy gobert that's seven, Feet Tall no carl Like Fucking yusuf nurkit. Shoots, Threes, okay like there's plenty guys who do what.
Speaker 2: You do and You're Not.
Speaker 3: Steph, curry okay people were doing this before you even. Were alive you're so. Not transformational you get in, foul trouble you talk, Too much you say things to get you. In trouble, Your Teammate jimmy butler one of, the best most clutched fourth quarter guys IN playoff i don't know in. Our generation they're calling him the second Coming Of michael jordan in. The playoffs that's how good.
Speaker 2: He is he wanted to get the fuck away. From you.
Speaker 3: He's had a lot. Of opportunities he's had a lot of opportunities. For success they put guys around Him Like aunt Edwards And, jimmy butler and you, know what this team does, Not succeed and you know what his transformational ass will be transforming out Of A minnesota timberwolves jersey and into another jersey before this offseason. Is up it is very concerning.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 3: And he's getting brutalized obviously by Everyone From draymond Green to tim's Hardaway Sor draymond green Tweeted At, Pat, Bev, hey pat when people come on, your show they change. The game i'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: To.
Speaker 3: It Man Then tim Hardaway J Tim hardaway senior decided to just Absolutely Obliterate Karl anthony towns pretty much SAYING what, i think, which is who are all these people saying that you change?
Speaker 2: The game who?
Speaker 3: Are they who are these kids that are gonna come up? To you who are these people who are gonna say you changed the game with the way? You played first, of all you need to win. Playoff games you got four playoff wins and, twelve tries zero. Series wins you go, out there you average twenty, three points, eleven rebounds and you're. Playing well he's A good, nba player but he doesn't make. Anybody better it's about him. At times he tries to show up the Referee in stay instead of going out there to play. Team basketball he's out there and you don't even. See him sometimes you don't even know he's. OUT there i think he needs to have a reality check and he needs to work on his game a little bit more and making his teammates better and having a.
Speaker 2: Better. Season, yeah yeah and, you know what's the. Crazy thing.
Speaker 3: It's not even remotely the dumbest thing that he Said On pat. Beev's podcast listen, To, THIS jim.
Speaker 1: I don't care how, you said like it was the Reason That diverent nuggets won a championship playing in.
Speaker 3: The.
Speaker 1: Playoffs bro they was telling us our players they, were like a they just they don't even talking right toal area and the person that is just randomly. Right there, i'm like how is? This possible but they also what was one of the, things, that like, you see it was more special we Did in minnesota because we.
Speaker 3: Had pause did he just say it's more Special in minnesota what they did than What The denver nuggets did when they just won.
Speaker 2: The championship, hold on, hold on it.
Speaker 1: Was more special what we Did in minnesota because we had we had like what like a month and then we had training camp and it was like you better figure it all out, right now and we really figured it.
Speaker 2: Out quick think.
Speaker 1: About it they have What years if you think about you, four years we gotta done it.
Speaker 2: Bow, months no.
Speaker 3: You didn't you got to the playoffs in. Four months you did not get to a championship in. Four months, this guy. This, guy eh, this guy this is the, gold star aification of our generation where like you have accomplished something because you Took The memphis grizzlies. To, six congratulations get up on. A table you've made it past. The plan what is he? Talking about he's gonna, get traded probably to a Place Like new york where the there's a froof.
Speaker 2: Flying.
Speaker 3: Here uh probably to a Place Like new york where the local media is going to. Destroy him and on a, daily basis there's no harder Rock Than, julius randall And The new york media blender turned him Into.
Speaker 2: Orange julius this.
Speaker 3: Is all of, a sudden he's talking about. Mental Health Imagine Karl. Anthony towns what are they going to do with this overripe tomato That Is Carl.
Speaker 2: Anthony towns they will squish him into.
Speaker 3: The ground we will. Find out God Help Karl. ANTHONY towns i can't help him.
Speaker 2: At all that's all the time that we have for the.
Speaker 3: Heat check the season, is over but the league is gonna keep popping because we got, free agency the draft and summer league right around.
Speaker 2: The corner so.
Speaker 3: Check out the feed for past episodes and many episodes which drop almost every.
Speaker 2: Single day they actually don't but they, used to and Follow The.
Speaker 3: Heat check as the off season starts to, heat up do not forget to. Download subscribe tell, your friends every single one. Of them by, The Way rick fox liked the post of mine today it was a. Good moment and follow us on social ie at this heat check and at tris to criek on, Tik tok Instagram. And twitter we'll see you, next Time my friend's big thanks to, My Producer nick berlanski and all of you all for listening and watchers