Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: This is It could Happen here Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today. I'm joined by James Stout, Mia Wong and maybe Sophie Lichtermann.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, let's send you first name.
Speaker 1: I'm always here. I just don't necessarily have anything to add because you're all so good at your jobs.
Speaker 2: No, no, we love when Sophie has something to contribute to this show. So what should we talk about?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 1: Let's do some quick updates from last week. As we mentioned in the episode description, last week we recorded prior to an incident that happened in Portland where two people were shot by board patrol or ice. Very unclear that there was not a lot of information given out and the way that the situation unfolded, the way that DHS said it that there was a targeted stop of two people and they resisted arrest. So of course what do they do?
Speaker 4: Just shoot into a car and.
Speaker 1: Those people drove away and then quickly called for help and then went to the hospital. We really don't know anything further than that. I watched many press conferences from Oregon and Portland officials, including the governor and the mayor, talking about the situation. Everybody's pretty horrified by it locally. But that's not the story we were getting from DHS. I can read the statement if you guys want, okay, yeah, since Robert's don't here. Robert was at CS but was also following the story very closely and did some reporting on his Blue sky if you want to go back and look at that. But the statement from DHS said at two nineteen pst. US Border Patrol agents were conducting a targeted vehicle stop in Portland. Organ The passengers of the vehicle and target is a Venezuelan illegal alien affiliated with the transnational gang trendy Agua prostitution ring and involved in a recent shooting in Portland. The vehicle drivers believed to be a member of the vicious Venezuelan gang trendy Agua. They love to just throw that out of that. When agents identified themselves to the vehicle occupants, the driver weaponized his vehicle and attempted to run over the law enforcement agents. Fearing for his life and safety, An agent fire defensive shot the driver drove off, with the passenger fleeing the scene. The situation is evolving and more information is forthcoming. That was on January eighth, at about five pm Pacific, And that's their take, that's their go to move. The excuse for randomly shooting at a car is that they were weaponizing the vehicle towards the agent. We really don't know much further than that, Miya. Do you have anything you want to add?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think we should make two things through one. Both of the people who were shot have survived, which is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's also worth noting that. So the day we are recording this, on the fourteenth, there was a report released by Del Cameron and Ryan Shapiro at Wired talking specifically about how they got a bunch of intelligence documents from the Trump administration about trend Agua and briefly supprised or I'm just going to quote the subtitle of it because it gives a good representation of what is in the actual intelligence documents. That's all the info we need. Yeah, hundreds of records that pained by Wired shows thin intelligence on the Venezuelan Gang of the United States, describing fragmented low level crime rather than a coordinated terrorist threat, So they could barely even find existence of this group in the United States. These two people. I am ninety nine. I would I would stake my life on the on none of the stuff in that report about them being in this Venezuelan criminal organization being true. Almost everything that has come out of Homeland Security, as we've talked about with every other previous shooting, almost everything that comes out of Homeland Security is a lie. So yeah, we will probably in the coming weeks figure out what actually happens. But unfortunately, right now we're relying on a combination of Portland government officials who are somewhat more reliable, and the Department of Homeland Security, which is utterly unreliable. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do have one thing to note here as for what the local officials in Portland are saying. Portland Police Bureau Chief Bob Day started a January tenth press conference by saying, quote, recently, I read the Declaration of Independence for the first time unquote, and then stated that the two victims of the shooting have quote some next is to involvement with Trenda Agua, and then on January eleventh, Maltnama County District Attorney Nathan Vasquez was interviewed on CADU News and said that he believes trend to Agua is active in Portland, but he can not confirm in his office has any criminal cases against the gang.
Speaker 5: The Department of Homeland Security has identified the people who were shot, saying they are affiliated with Trinda I Ragua, the Venezuelan gang, and are connected to other crimes in Portland. Does your office have any cases against these individuals?
Speaker 6: You know, this is all These are all things that we're going to be looking at and going through very carefully as we evaluate the case. One to make sure that if there are other pending matters out there that they're taken care of, but also just to make sure we get a full picture of what's going on in this situation.
Speaker 5: Do you have any knowledge of whether trendera Ragua is active in Portland and Maltnoma County.
Speaker 6: It's certainly something that we have seen and we are we are working on with our local law enforcement. We have seen them in our area. They are one of kind of a host of different groups or individuals out there that are engaged in criminal activity, and it's something that we're working on.
Speaker 1: Just a lot of biased disinformation and misinformation. We don't actually really know what happened, but I am grateful that those folks did not lose their lives unlike Renee Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I also briefly want to mention here about Renee Good. There's been an attempt by the Department of Justice. A bunch of people at the Department Justice have resigned rather than attempt to prosecute Renee Good's wife.
Speaker 2: Six high level prosecutors have resigned in the past week.
Speaker 4: And this has been a very very standard reaction from law enforcement when they don't kill someone or when there's someone else on the scene. A few months ago, Ice shot a woman in Chicago. She thankfully survived, but they also charged her afterwards. So this is a very very standard practice, and they are right now trying this on Rene Good's wife after she watched her fucking wife get killed in front of her. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I know people have also been waiting for updates on Iran. We have an episode that came out. It will have come out on Wednesday, two days before this comes out, So if you'd like to know more about what's happening in Iran, we had a really excellent talk with Gordayen, and I would suggest you go back and find that episode. And I wanted to update people on what is happening in Syria. I guess specifically northern Syria right now. So the two neighborhoods Shikmunk sud Ne so Fria, those are both neighborhoods in Aleppo. Right that there's sometimes characterized as Kurdish neighborhoods, but like ZD people live there. There are various Christian people living there as well. Right, it's not one hundred percent Kurdish. I think sometimes there's a tendency among people who write about Syria to see things as ethnic modelists, and I think that is not the way to approach these things. But anyway, both of those neighborhoods have now been fully seized by the Syrian Transitional government. Some SDF fighters will bust back to Kamishlo, which is the capital of the aa Nes somethimes known as Frojava fighting is now moving closer to the Euphrates, right, closer to the core of what people will call Rasjava. I think at a minimum, the goal is probably to remove the SDF from any areas and are not majority Kurdish, so right now that they're fighting in der Haafa and they will begin fighting, or that they have already been drawne attacks in other areas as well. In a leopard Is Syrian observed. Joined Human Rights, which is a Writen based human rights organization, documented several war crimes and going to quote here, SOHR documented twenty three cases of extra judicial executions and desecration of bodies in shik Maksud and Alasafriya neighborhoods in Aleppo City in the past few days. Here are further details. The bodies of fifteen members of the Internal Security Forces ASAISH including body. These are four female members were deliberately incinerated. A female member of the SAH forces was killed during the clashes and her body was thrown from the top of the building. The reason they've been able to document these is that they're widely broadcast on telegram. Right, people are very proud of what our war crimes, the desecration of the remains. At the same time, the Islamic State carried out three simultaneous attacks on the twelfth of January during several SDF personnel and it seems that this whole debacle has put the peace process between the PKK. The PKK is a distinct entity from the SDF right, but nonetheless the PKK yes it is seeing Kurdish people killed in Syria and Turkish support.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: There have been some reports of Turkish drones being used or flying around there. So the KSEK, if people aren't familiar to, KSEK, is the organization that brings together the different political groups in Kurdis Dan that broadly adhere to the political idealogy your thought of Abdula oh Julan, but take different approaches to that. The k c K released a statement saying, quote, the attacks on Chikmunk, Sud and Asafria and the preparations for attacks on the east of the Euphrates also call into question the cease fire between our movement and Turkey and the ongoing peace and democratic society. That is not great, right, Yeah, you know, this is a place where people have been at war, killing and dying for more than a decade, and it's very sad to think of more killing and dying happening there. Garina, you wanted to talk a little bit about some domestic terrorism, I guess some actual domestic terrorism and us an attack rate. Do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: On Saturday, January tenth, the Beth Israel Congregation Synagogue in Mississippi, and historic synagogue, the oldest in the state that was once targeted by the KKK, was set on fire in the middle of the night, damaging the interior of the building. A nineteen year old college student named Stephen Spencer Pittman has been charged with federal and state arson charges, as well as a hate crime enhancement. On Instagram, Pittman described himself as a quote unquote follower of Christ and shared a meme of the anti Semitic happy Merchant hours before the attack.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ Jesu.
Speaker 2: The happy Merchant is an anti Semantic Jewish stereotype that is often used in memes originating from the four Chen era of WOA Jack memes. You've probably seen it before. It's a crude, anti Semitic rendering of a Jewish person with his hands clasped together. Pittman has confessed to starting a fire in the building, which he described as the quote unquote Synagogue of Satan. According to an FBI affidavit and reporting from the AP states that during his first hearing. When the judge read him his rights, Pittman said, quote, Jesus Christ is Lord.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: According to the FBI ay Affidavid Pittman texted his own father during the arson, sending a photo of the synagogue with the messages there's a furnace in the back, hoodie is on, and they have the best cameras unquote. Pittman's father attempted to convince his son to come home and later turned him into the authorities. Pittman suffered burns to himself during this attack. He's the only person injured as a result of this incident.
Speaker 4: Big flee. I'm glad he got hurt.
Speaker 2: Pittman's phone was found in the synagogue, damaged from the fire, though his location was able to be tracked via the Life three sixty GPS tracking app, which shows a stop at a gas station where Pittman allegedly picked up gasoline before heading onto the synagogue.
Speaker 3: Great of what a fucking idiot. But yeah, I think this is the only synagogue in the state right like.
Speaker 2: To the oldest synagogue in the state. I doubt this is the only synagogue in Mississippi.
Speaker 4: The largest one. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, it's it's like the most famous one from the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like you said, it was attacked by the Klan before it was didn't he attack exactly the same part of the synagogue that the Klan previously burned.
Speaker 2: I don't have that in my notes, but that is it.
Speaker 3: Seems like that's what he was same vibes.
Speaker 2: No, he did say that he did a lot of research on the target and that he needed a home run in communications to his father, and Pittman was a baseball player in the state. There's not much more to say about this, Like this is a weirdo Instagram Christian Zoomer who also offered like a fitness service. It's unclear how real this is or if he had like, you know, customers, but he was offering faith based fitness transformations.
Speaker 3: Jes Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like you have a little bit of like the Christian looks Max sur Vibe going on with him, as well as sharing a series of anti Smitic posts made on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah did you see this, Deborah lipstat tweet gere No So. Deborah lipsdat right, who was previously the she like the envoy on anti Semitism, posted a twenty three on January eleventh. This is a major tragedy, but it's more than that. It's an arson attack and another step in the globalization of the Intefada.
Speaker 2: Thates not seem to be the case. Yeah, it doesn't know.
Speaker 3: No, but this is like pretty uh way off base in fact, right, But yeah, I think it's still rather telling that.
Speaker 2: This is This is not like a Hamas anti imperialist Zoomer red triangle in biotype guy. This is a right wing Christian nationalist college athlete, Christian Zoomer who shares anti Smitic memes on Instagram. This is a pretty standard, you know, pre twenty twenty two type of like synagoguet. Yeah, in fact, the fire was started right in front of a Tree of Life memorial plaque in this synagogue.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ God, of course it was yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck quick correction or clarification. Though the fire was started in front of a Tree of Life wall plaque, this wall memorial plaque is unrelated to the Tree of Life shooting in Pittsburgh and is specific to the Beth Israel Synagogue to commemorate and honor important life events for members of the congregation.
Speaker 4: And we are back. So, the thing I thought I was going to be talking about this week was a Supreme Court ruling on Trump's tariffs. However, the Supreme Court, contrary to the expectations of basically everyone, didn't actually release a ruling on the tariff stuff today. We have no idea when they're going to release that. However, instead of that, we got one of the most bizarre and extraordinary statements and videos I have ever seen from someone who was even remotely affiliated with the US government. So on Sunday, Thorer Reserve Chair Jerome Powell released, I don't even have a good reference for what this is. The closest thing I can think of is it's a kidnapping video, but it's more like a help I'm about to be kidnapped video, in which she says, quote, the Department of Justice serve the Thorough Reserve with grand jury subpoenas threatening a criminal indictment related to my testimony before the Senate Banking Committee last June. So this is nominally about cost overruns effectively in renovations of the Federal Reserve. If anyone has ever paid attention to any single US government project ever, you will know that there are cost overruns on by most projects. This is just how the government works, because you come in with your little bid that's below what the actual cause is going to be, and then it costs more than that. Now this investigation is being run directly into Jerome Powell. And by the way, this statement was published on the Federal Reserves. This is like an official statement from the Federal Reserve Board.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he also says later in the statement, quote, the threat of criminal charges is a consequence of the Federal Reserve setting interest rates based on our best assessments of what will serve the public, rather than following the preferences of the presidents. This is about whether the Fed will be able to continue to set interest rates based on evidence and economic conditions, or whether instead monetary policy will be directed by political pressures or intimidation. This is extraordinary. They got sixteen other central bank leaders from around the world, and we're talking about Norway to Indonesia to submit a letter expressing where they use the word solidarity to express the support of Powell. I cannot emphasize enough. Do you know how bad it is to get central bank leaders is to say the word solidarity?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Now, this is following a Trump two pattern of using the DOJ to attack their political enemies. Today, the fourteenth, as we're recording, this also saw the beginning of investigation into Senator Elisa Slotkin over her participation in a video a few months ago encouraging US troops to disobey illegal orders. Mark Kelly, who was also in that video, was also targeted with a Pentagon investigation over the video. So this has become very common. However, Jerome Powell is a Trump one appointee, so this is someone who is also and this is this is this is something that that worth mentioning. Powell is very popular in conservative circles, largely outside of a very very immediate circle of people around Trump who want their president to be able to control the interest rate. Now I'm going to do a full episode about this probably next week, but the independence of the central bank is one of the core pillars of the global reputation and stability of the US dollar. Now I'm not saying here that the central bank is good. I'm saying that this is how the entire world economic system operates.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: It is based on the central bank operating as a series of quasi public but still technically non government entities that make independent decisions on interest rates. Now, FED interest rates effectively and I'm saying effectively here because I'm simplifying a very complicated set of economic interactions into one sentence, but they effectively set interest rates for bank loans in the broader economy, which in turn has a massive impact on how fast or slow the economy grows, and the FED uses this as a tool to control inflation and unemployment through a basically a single macroeconomic policy lever. The FED does much much more stuff than this. I will get into this in the other episode. It has a series of unbelievably crucial functions. But what is happening here is the Trump administration attempting to directly seize control of the FED, and this is a nightmare. The actual mechanisms that work here, in terms of the relationship between interest rates and the fed's economic policy toolkit and inflation are not well understood even by the FED, which is something you can get if you go read the Federal Reserve documents. It's very complicated, it's all contested, but it is the Fed's job to be able to do this, and they will admit they're not incredible at it if the Trump administration is running this directly. The Trump aministration has absolutely no idea how any of this stuff works. Yeah, this is giving them the keys to the global economy and they are going to just start pushing buttons. This is a significant enough threat that several Republican senators and this is not just Morowski, these are just regular Republican senators have spoken out against this move and have express, you know, expressed that they think that drump Powell is innocent and that they will vote against any attempt to approve a Trump nominee for the head of Federal Reserve, which is also extraordinary. This is one of the largest breaks we've seen with Trump from the Republican Party so far. And the reason that there have been actual breaks from the Republican Party is that this is the rubicon for a lot of sectors of capital. Almost anything can be endured as long as the president does not have direct control over the money supply, which is what Trump controlling the Federal Reserve directly would be. Now. Part of what's going on here right is that this is an attempt to choose a new chair of the Federal Reserve Board by getting Powell out of his job. However, so Powell's term expires in May, but that's Powell's term as the chair of the Federal Reserve. He's still on the Board of Governors, and the Board of Governors also has to approve and you to the Federal Reserve. So Trump needs to oust him from his position as the governor of a Federal Reserve board because if he doesn't do this, he doesn't have enough votes to get his appointments. The really dangerous thing here, on top of the abstract principle of you know, the president having direct control over the central banking system, the direct media threat is that because preferred candidates, who is currently one of the Federal Reserve Board governors or one of the Federal Reserve governors she's on the board is Stephan Mirin, who is the guy who wants to charge other countries for holding US bonds. So yeah, I forget that this guy is a mediac, right, Like, that's sorry, that is that is deeply unfair to mediacs, who are very reasonable people. This guy is I cannot emphasize enough if you put someone in charge of the Federal Reserve who literally did not understand what economics was, they would do less damage than putting Steve Sevan Mirn in charge of this. This is a nightmare. This guy has no idea what he's doing at all. He is effectively a cipher for Trump administration. And this is one of the positions in the entire capital system where the chair of the Federal Reserve has to be someone who at least sort of knows what's going on. They can be evil, and they very often have been, but they have to sort of know what's happening. If this guy gets put in charge of the Federal Reserve, he is going to turn the US economy into a smoking crater. And that's that's what's at stake here with this attempt to prosecute Jerome Powell. Powell blink three times if you need help. He is cabin s O s with his fingers.
Speaker 2: It is a very unnerving video that he posted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like one of those if I disappear.
Speaker 4: He looks really scared. Yeah, And I think this is going to be one of the major flashpoints here because even the tariffs don't have the potential impact for economic disruption that handing the make countries pay money. The whole US bonds guy, the Federal Reserve Board chairman does so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you will see a position from Republicans because it directly impacts their bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the most you can possibly fuck with the money by intending to take control of the entire money supply. There's a lot of fears here too, and it's sort of worth mentioning this. I've been seeing this passed around a lot, is that there is another sort of recent example of a technically elected president assuming effectively dicatorial powers, and it's Air to one and air to one eventually took control of the central bank. And to get a sense of how that's going, the inflation rate in Turkey right now is currently thirty percent and everyone is celebrating because it's below thirty one percent, and this is the lowest the inflation rate has been in ages. It was like seventy percent when they first started this, and it was fifty percent last year, and they've gotten it down to a mere thirty percent inflation rate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thinks King, Well.
Speaker 4: So this is the kind of thing that's on these people's minds because they all understand this and this is not the Turkish central bank. Central bank is obviously important in the world economy. This is the United States Central Bank. This is a question of the fundamental legitimacy of the dollar as the world reserve currency and of the premier currency in the world economy. So we will see what happens as this continues to unfold. But this is probably the premier economic fight of the entire TIP administration, and we will we will continue to update it as we learn more about how this is going to go.
Speaker 3: So I want to talk about something that came to my attention of the break here.
Speaker 2: I feel like we should utilize a banking segue in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, yeah, fine, fine, fine, talking of banks and of centralizing bank power under the state, let's talk about an organization that once began as member of the KPD. We're going to talk about Germany, and specifically I want to talk about an organization called Roster Hilfer.
Speaker 4: Red Aid.
Speaker 3: Don't really speak German, so if I've pronounced that wrong, I hope you'll understand why we're talking about Rotter Hilfer is that we a few months ago reported on the State Department adding various European organizations to its FTO list Foreign Terrorist Organization right, and we wondered what this was about and what it would mean. We are now starting to see a little bit of what it would mean because Rotter Hilfer red Aid has had its bank account closed in Germany. It had accounts with two different banks, both of which had sort of broadly social or ecological missions, right, they were sort of progressive banks. I guess if such a thing can exist, because these banks are concerned with being sanctioned and effectively locked out for the United States Swift system for doing business with a terrorist organization. Just to give some background on the ORG, I guess there's not a direct lineage from the KPD to this, but there was an organization of the same name from which it sees itself as descended, set up by the German Communist Party, which of course was dissolved by the Nazis. Today, what they do is they do legal aid stuff. They appear to like send observers out to protests to kind of document state violence that they have done some aid for asylum seekers. It has grown massively. It's like it's doubled and they're doubled again in the last decade in terms of membership, right, and there have been attempts to ban it from the domestic right in Germany. I've linked to one of the after ones in the show notes to people want to read it. But it being underbanked is effectively going to be fatal for the organization, right like it can't provide legal aid, It can't provide legal support if it doesn't have a place to store its MND. I mean, I guess you could just have a big box of cash, but it's going to make it very hard for the organization to take donations or to allocate that the money that it has. So this is something we might see more right certainly in Germany because Anti for aust is the organization that was sanctioned, but potentially also in other places talking of having no money, hear us and advertisements that can liberate you of some of yours.
Speaker 2: So for one of our last stories, I would like to discuss one of the bigger news stories from the end of the year, but something we did not have time to discuss in our lasted of twenty twenty five, and this is the Turtle Island Liberation Front. An episode next week will be going into even more detail, but I will go over some of the broad strokes of the Turtle Island Liberation Front alleged bombing plot. On December twelfth, the FBI arrested four people in southern California, who the government claims are members of a left wing activist group called the Turtle Island Liberation Front. The criminal complaint, signed on December thirteenth by an FBI agent working at the Joint Terrorism Task Force in La alleges that these four individuals conspired an a bombing plot planned for New Year's Eve twenty twenty five. According to the complaint, on November twenty sixth, one of the alleged TILF members I'm gonna say TILF instead of the full name from now on, named Audrey Irene Carroll, gave an eight page hand written document titled Operation Midnight Sun outlining the plan for the bombing to a confidential human source who works for the FBI as an informant. The criminal complaint says this of the confidential human source quote, the confidential human source is cooperating with law enforcement and is a validated and vetted source. Theidential human source has been a reliable source information since in or around August twenty twenty one. The confidential human sources cooperating for financial compensation. The confidential human source does not have any criminal history. The confidential Human source provided past reliable reporting on other cases and has provided reliable reporting in this case.
Speaker 4: Unquote.
Speaker 2: The plan was for teams of four on the ground participants to plant backpacks containing complex pipe bombs quote unquote or IEDs outside of buildings at five locations, targeting two US companies, and then simultaneously detonate the bombs at midnight on New Year's Eve twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: There would be an.
Speaker 2: Off the ground member assisting the team remotely by listening to police scanners or be stationed in a vehicle in case a quote emergency getaway is needed quote that's quoting from the plan, and one member of each on the ground team would create griff of a red triangle and one message of the team's choosing on the sidewalk closest to the building while the other three are placing the devices. This indictment is a really interesting look at the modern direct action LEFT because it includes a whole bunch of little tidbits like block and d block. It includes the alleged co conspirators ground names like asanoch Ak, Nomad, and Kickware, which are their ground names for this action. The criminal complaint states that after making the initial plan, Carol and another individual, Zachary Aaron Page, recruited additional co conspirators who participated in further planning meetups and helped procure bomb making materials. On December twelfth, the four defendants traveled to a remote location in the Mohabi Desert with the alleged intent to build and test explosive devices. FBI observed from a surveillance plane and then arrested Carrol Paid, Dante Garfield, and Tina Lai before they completed assembling a functional explosive device. They have since been charged with conspiracy and possession of an unregistered destructive device.
Speaker 7: As I mentioned in my talking points, on December twelfth, a group of individuals, again members of this this anti government group, traveled out to the desert to test their explosive devices.
Speaker 4: They had precursor.
Speaker 7: Chemicals there and they were going to they were going to create these these bombs in the desert. What they are starting to do is put their chemicals and whares and the components out on the on the table on the table. There this footage that you're watching is from our surveillance plane. And then what happened after this is the Los Angeles FBI SWAT Team, along with the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team moved in and arrested all four subjects without without incident.
Speaker 2: Now, the Eternal Island Liberation Front appears to be a relict, the new group with a social media footprint that only was back to July twenty twenty five. The Instagram page for their LA chapter reads quote liberation through decolonialization and tribal sovereignty.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: Their most recent post, from December twelfth, the day of the arrests, is promoting a quote Palestine pop up market in Culver City. A post from November twenty eighth reads quote if they hurt you, they hurt me too. Our destinies are intertwined. Liberation for one must mean liberation for all. The empire must fall, and from within the belly of the beast, we must be the ones to dismantle it. Revolution is the only way stop quote peaceful protesting unquote, rise up, fight back. We are not outnumbered. They are organized and be ready unquote yeah. The FBI source met with two TILFH members in late November Carolin page, and during this meeting, Carol gave the FBI source the handwritten bombing plot and retained three to four additional copies of this plan. And the plan identified five locations to target as marks with more blank slots on the plan which are captioned add more if enough comrades. According to the criminal complaint, these targets were quote property and facilities operated by two separate companies that are used or engaged in activities affecting interstate and foreign commerce unquote. These are Amazon distribution type facilities. They've not specifically confirmed they are Amazon facilities, but they are these sorts of like global shipping facilities. One of the things I find really interesting about this criminal complaint is the way that this FBI agent describes direct action tactics and the Turtle Island Liberation Front members like security practices throughout the planning of this action. This is quoting from the criminal complaint.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: The plan described multiple operation security measures the Coken Spirit should take to conceal their identities, such as the use of a burner phone that would be disposed of after the bombings by quote submerging it in a concrete brick after destroying the sim and then disposing of the brick in a body of water. The target date of the operation, New Year's Eve, was identified as an opportune time because quote fireworks will be going off at the time, so the explosions will be less likely to be noticed as immediately as any normal day quote. The plan emphasized that quote absolutely no mistakes can be made. The plans outline the use of quote unquote black block over top a layer of quote unquote casual gray block on top of normal street clothes, and noted to keep hair very tightly concealed, and to wear gloves for the purpose of avoidance of leaving behind DNA. The plan further instructed that precipins should leave their personal devices at home and make sure that devices were set up to stream a long movie during the time of the attacks, as to craft an alibi or quote unquote plausible deniability by having it appear as though the actor was actively using their devices. The plan discussed pre operational surveillance of targets, identification of d block or d clothing locations, and not leaving quote anything other than IED's behind as they could not quote risk any evidence tracing back to us unquote. The plan also noted the benefit of placing a small pebble in a shoe to alter natural gait to obfiscate their identification. Instructions on how to purchase materials to construct a pipe bomb suggested using cash only, purchasing only in small quantities toward suspicion, and splitting purchases amongst a team rather than individually unquote. This is the type of stuff I find really interesting, is this emphasis on all of these, you know, op sect like operational security measures, all while working with an FBI informant from the very start of the operation and then recruiting another one during the planning stages. During a meeting on December seventh, three Turtle Island Liberation Front members at least met both with the confidential human source as well as an undercover fi BI employee while trying to recruit more members to join this operation, both of whom accompanied the Turtle Island Liberation Front members as they travel to the Mohave Desert on December twelfth to allegedly build and test out explosive devices for the direct action. There's a lot more information in the indictment, as well as some news that has happened since then, like an arrest in Louisiana, also tied to Turtle Island Liberation Front, but we will discuss those in a future episode. As of now, three defendants in this case have pled not guilty and the fourth is set to be arraigned on January twentieth.
Speaker 1: Are you planning on doing that next week here?
Speaker 2: Yes, there will be an episode next week going into more details about this group, their politics, as well as the FBI undercover and informant and their level of involvement in this action, which has spurred a lot of discourse online about this being a quote unquote like sting operation, about this being a que unquot sigh up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I'll just say very briefly other the FBI is that it's not their first time, and it's not their last time probably doing something like this. Right, you can look at many other cases and see FBI sort of ci is doing this kind of thing, So I think that context is important here.
Speaker 4: I just want to.
Speaker 3: Finish up with a migration update. First of all, DHS fractured the skull of a protester and blinded him by firing a less than lethal munition into its face. At close range. It sounded to Anna this week of link to an article for people who'd like to read more of that. Secondly, Judge Boseburg, who was the judge over seeing the case about the Alien Enemies Act, ordered the government to provide relief to Venezuelan and sent to scot Marco Rubio, provided a statement responding that doing so would quote materially damage US foreign policy interests. Essentially, he's saying the state can't comply with the order to provide redress for wrongdoing by returning them, and it can't even give them due process right because it has since kidnapped the president of Venezuela. Related news, senators including Schmidt and Cruz have called for Boseberg's impeachment. Cruz makes these allegations, they're pretty minor, and crucially and very unusually. Both of them have been repudiated by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts, which doesn't normally do this kind of thing, right, But in both cases they've written letters kind of clarifying why Boseberg's conduct is totally normal. Both the Cruz claims related to decisions Boseburg made with which he disagrees. One pertains to a non disclosure order that he gave so that Republican senators would not be notified of subpoenas of their phone records in the fake elector investigation that was called the Arctic Frost investigation at the time that looked at attempts to overturn the twenty twenty United States election. They're also trying to impeach Judge Boardman for a separate decision in which they feel her sentence for a person who played guilty to attending to murder Justice Covenar was too light. And then just today, which is Wednesday of this week as we're recording, the State Department announced on dot com the Everything website that it is pausing visa processing for seventy five countries quote whose migrants take welfare from the American people at unacceptable rates. The freeze will remain active until the US can ensure that new immigrants will not extract wealth from the American people. It's not clear what they are talking about. They talking about immigrant non imigrant visas both of the above. Are they talking about people who have violated the public charge rule or they just feel that any access of any benefit of state support is quote unquote extracting wealth from the American people. If you do not know what the public charge rule is, Luckily for you, I made a podcast about it in November of twenty twenty four, so you can scroll all the way back more than a year and find that. I'll try and find it for you and include a link in the show notes. I think what's crucial here is that this will reduce dramatically the rate of which migrants access government services right, which are often very beneficialist when it comes to things like child nutrition, child welfare services.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: Finally, the State Department also posted on x dot com the Everything website that it has revoked one hundred thousand visas, including eight thousand student visas, in the last year. We have no way of verifying that. If you would like to email us, you could do so. Just email cool Zone tips at proton dot me. If you want it to be encrypted, you should use a proton mail address as well.
Speaker 2: We reported the news. We reported the news.
Speaker 4: It could happen.
Speaker 8: Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts, you can now find sources where it could happen here listened directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.