Speaker 1: Okay, all right underword Mark there's ways Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Mark? Heather take it away?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Trailer over obnoxious pop music like an early eighties two thousands ad spot.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Gym, your favorite rundown fitness shithole.
Speaker 3: In this pilot episode, we follow neurotic girlboch Valerie and her ragtag employees as they attempt to film a commercial for the grand reopening of the gym.
Speaker 1: Valerie grew up.
Speaker 3: In this shitty local gym as her second home and purchased the failing establishment after the former owner was exposed as the Flamingo King in a scathing tell all documentary.
Speaker 1: The FBI took the.
Speaker 3: Birds, and Valerie spent her life savings to keep the place from being bulldozed. Can she restore the gym to its former glory so it lives up to her childhood's rose colored memories? Or will it pale in comparison to its leak and modern competitor.
Speaker 1: Across the street.
Speaker 3: Solsters to find out, Come on down to the gym and get a full ab workout, laughing in the comfort of your own home.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The Gym Pilot written by Danny Hayes, Cold Open interior cycling studio day set, work fast on a stationary bike.
Speaker 1: Rock hard quads bulged through super.
Speaker 3: Tight biking shorts with the brand the Gym. Johnny late thirties, a t MoU version of Atlance Armstrong cycles on a play I Guess a front of an indoor cycling studio. The thump thump thump of workout music pulses as lights, Oh there we go, as lights dance over peeling paint, scratched mirrors, and a few scattered bikes labeled out of order.
Speaker 1: A voice speaks over the music.
Speaker 3: The guim isn't just a place behind Johnny Brian thirties eye candy and he knows it.
Speaker 1: Copies Johnny's movements to a t. It's the place, It's a community.
Speaker 3: Chris twenty eye candy and completely oblivious wobbles off beat. This guy skips legg day and it shows a culture, a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: It's home.
Speaker 3: Kayla mid twenties, just here for the gram bikes at an even base.
Speaker 1: She puffs her chest out. Her shirt reads at Kayla Karma. Cut come on, cut, cut, cut.
Speaker 3: Camera reveals a commercial crew packed in this tiny room. Valerie mid thirties, type A socially awkward and stuck in nostalgia.
Speaker 1: Lane glares at Kayla.
Speaker 4: Kyla, I told you only our clothes for the commercial, but it's my instuck.
Speaker 3: Valerie throws a T shirt at her, It's vomit green and.
Speaker 1: Hugh hel do we have any other shorts? Guys?
Speaker 4: Look, this is all we have in stock. Okay, So like Tim Gunn says, make it work.
Speaker 1: I like packsim in tight.
Speaker 3: Bryan flaps his own button, shimmy's his cheeks.
Speaker 4: If I wear my handle I can promote us without an ad disclaimer.
Speaker 1: Valerie concedes. Kaylea tosses the giant shirt back to her.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, grand reopening commercial Take two.
Speaker 3: Action trainers reassemble on their bikes. Commercial crew rolls, Johnny begins to work out again. Valerie clears her throat and puts on her sales voice.
Speaker 1: The gym isn't just a place.
Speaker 3: Johnny stands out of the saddle, leans on one handlebar, and pulls his shorts to a just luggage that shifted in transit.
Speaker 1: A handle bar creaks under his body weight, then snapped. Johnny slams into the seat right on his ball. His testicles squish.
Speaker 3: And twist, He's groaned and collapses in pain.
Speaker 1: Another one nights the.
Speaker 4: Dusk the bicycle, You guys, He'll be fine and.
Speaker 1: Cold opens all right.
Speaker 3: At one exterior gym parking lot day, only two buildings are left standing in this otherwise demolished strip mall, a tech repair shop and the gym, where two handyman are hanging a banner Grand Reopening, a board EMT and a gruff driver Lou Johnny into an ambulance.
Speaker 2: This used to be that third place, right They had like what ostrich yoga?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and parapolates.
Speaker 5: Did you hear what happened to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It sucks. The birds were the only good thing about this dump, but hey, at least we got a new gym.
Speaker 3: The ambulance pulls away through the empty parking lot and passes a full parking lot across the street.
Speaker 1: This is Solstice with.
Speaker 3: The barbell as the eye and a sign that reads Grand Opening Valerie size Brian, Kayla, Chris and Alexa twenties not the brightest crayon in the box. Watch the ambulance drive away for real.
Speaker 1: Portion is new joke is that what happened to? Is that what happened to Neil Armshawn, the trumpet player. No no, no, no, no, you're thinking of Neil Diamond.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys please circle up. They said that Johnny's going to be out for two weeks, so I don't know. I guess I have to cover his classes and his clients.
Speaker 1: Wait, what about the commercials?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Kayla.
Speaker 4: I mean, we can't cancel on our members, but the film crew is only here for today, so if I reschedule them, it's going to cost me an arm and a leg. Spirit of alanas help me.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 6: Rain and we can have Okay, Okay, if we split Johnny's work between the three of us and keep the place running, you can focus on the commercial and whenever we're free, we can be in it like you planned, right, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm happy to be on camera if you need an extra.
Speaker 1: I'm a professionally trained actress. Kayla malsalong.
Speaker 3: Professionally trained actress, then shoots the smirk at Brian. Valerie checks her clipboard.
Speaker 1: Okay, if we're.
Speaker 4: Really going to do this, Chris, you're going to take spin class, Kayla, you take Johnny's clients. Brian, that leaves you with group Fitness, but first you're with me.
Speaker 3: Valerie leads the brigade back inside. She snaps at one handy man struggling with the grand reopening sign.
Speaker 1: Can we put that up any faster? We are losing customers, Interior. You wait to give me a little more of a snap on that, a little more attitude on the customer line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Can we put that up any faster?
Speaker 1: We're losing customers.
Speaker 3: Jury Way Interior Injury Way Day, Brian, Kayla, and Chris split off. Alexa heads toward the mailbox that Valerie beats her to it. Don't worry, I've got that.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Alexa proceeds to the front desk. Valerie flips through the mail invoice urgent overdue notice of default. Failure to play will result in foreclosure. She hides the letters in our papers. Atop her clipboard is a polaroid of young Valerie and her mother in front of the gym.
Speaker 1: Valerie smiles at the memory.
Speaker 5: Breaking news.
Speaker 3: The camera zooms in on a TV above the front desk. A cocky newscaster narrates footage of an FBI raate on the gym.
Speaker 1: Kick up. A cocky newscaster.
Speaker 3: Narrates footage of an FBI raid on the gym. A redneck man is arrested with an ostrich on a leash.
Speaker 5: Nelson Withers, the Flamingo King, was sentenced to five years today after a former employee testified that his business was a money laundry scheme for training exotic pets.
Speaker 1: Whithers was illegally housing and.
Speaker 5: Selling hundreds of birds, including a flock of penguins in the saltwater pool.
Speaker 3: Valerie stands between the camera and the TV.
Speaker 1: To obscure view.
Speaker 5: Tru we turn it off.
Speaker 1: I love snow interior front desk area, at same.
Speaker 3: Time as Alexa Crouch slams into the underside of the desk.
Speaker 1: She pops up and rubs her head.
Speaker 3: Alexa turns off the TV, then crawls back under the desk with her iPhone charger. She traces wires through the power strip.
Speaker 1: Wissy computer printer. She unplugs one and plugs her phone in. It's up. Hello, Alexa stands and hits her head with another smack.
Speaker 3: Shy spin client thirties grimaces. Alexa plasters on a smile.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, welcome to the gym. How can I help you? That's my best I know Heather Reader back in from Alexa stans yep.
Speaker 3: Alexa stands and hits her head with another smack. Shay spind client thirties grimaces. Alexa plasters on a smile.
Speaker 1: Hlly, Hello, Hello, welcome to the d y m. How can I help you?
Speaker 4: I'm here for a spin class. I got the by to get when tree deal.
Speaker 1: I think I'm bike number five or seven Alex.
Speaker 3: Alexa clicks on her point of service system but only gets error the system is down.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry my singy is it loading?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Here? Alexa pulls out a sheet of paper.
Speaker 4: If you put your name down, I'll check you in when the system's back up.
Speaker 1: Any bit should be fine.
Speaker 3: Shy spin client signs and wanders off. A tall man in a pinstripe suit. Real estate vulture approaches the desk with a briefcase and a shit eating grin.
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome to the gym.
Speaker 4: Are you here for our spin class promotion?
Speaker 3: From across the room, Valerie sees real estate Vulture lean in to talk to Alexa with a slick smile. Valerie charges over and shoes him out like a dog.
Speaker 4: This property is not for sale, buddy, not last week, not today, not next week, So make like MJ.
Speaker 1: Just beat it.
Speaker 3: Brian sees the exchange and rushes toward the front desk.
Speaker 1: Oh down, the point of service system isn't working.
Speaker 3: That's why they call it a POS.
Speaker 1: Alexa doesn't get it. Valerie breaks down.
Speaker 4: My god, I knew I should have upgraded that old thing. We're already behind schedule.
Speaker 6: We go breath, great, just skilled back skill, right.
Speaker 4: He says, relaxes. Frankie says, relax, relax, don't do it when you want to get to do it.
Speaker 6: I'm going to stop you right there, because you set up with the film crew and I'm right behind you. Alex just got this.
Speaker 1: Okay, call the service agentcy No, no, no, no, no, She's got it. Valerie paces towards the weight area.
Speaker 3: Once she's gone, You got this right, Alexa blinks at him.
Speaker 1: Don't don't, don't, don't run over the narration. Alexa blinks at him. She does not got this. Okay, how about you just called the it guys next door? Why are we calling the art guys?
Speaker 3: Kyles swoops in to hear the hot gossip. Chris follows behind her. He speaks in broken English with a finish accent I.
Speaker 1: The system is down. Brian pulls him into a huddle. All right, Sam, Johnny's out. The system is out. This place is the Titanic. Okay, we're Leo. We gotta keep Kate Aflip and Leo. We just have to supports out.
Speaker 6: The g y M needs this commercial, Kayla. It'll promote your instat Chris, you need this place to stay open for your visa.
Speaker 1: Being in a commercial would look great on my resume.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll see what we can do, and any issues come up, we handle them ourselves.
Speaker 2: Deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, come hands in g y N All three on. Brian leaves his hand down, Alexa puts hers on top. Chris is confused. Kayla rolls her eyes and walks away. What two Brian? He rushes off.
Speaker 3: Chris leaves Alexa is alone.
Speaker 1: Okay, he rushes off.
Speaker 3: Chris leaves Alexa is alone. Cameraman Sam twenties no nonsense, taps Alexa on the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Alexa smiles and presents herself to the camera. Hey, excuse me. What is g y M stand for? It stands for something. Interior Free Weights Area Day.
Speaker 3: Valerie watches Brian Flubb push up claps through a monitor.
Speaker 1: Brian, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 4: I've only seen you land one of these, drunk off your ass at a gay bar.
Speaker 1: You No, I got this.
Speaker 2: I get this.
Speaker 4: I did like poor my internew for Solstice Jim that shall not be named, Oh, Group Fitness.
Speaker 6: Do we have a program written up?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: And the system Alexa. Call the company number right.
Speaker 3: Interior Front Desk day Wade, thirties people pleaser shuffles in the door with a messenger bag and his shirt buttons all the way to the top.
Speaker 1: Oh no, is it your NEMO? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, Ti, I'm from Check.
Speaker 1: Why do we read?
Speaker 2: Can we read a bit?
Speaker 3: Interior Front Desk day Wade, thirties people pleaser shuffles in the door with a messenger bag and his shirt buttoned all the way to the top.
Speaker 2: I'm from tech Warrior. Uh next door?
Speaker 1: Thank god, the system is down. I can't log in. Nothing sloading.
Speaker 3: She turns the screen towards him and rapidly clicks refreshed.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, yet, yes, that's all right. That doesn't help. Could be an issue with the server. Do you know where the box is? Kayla spots way from across the room and hurries over.
Speaker 4: I'll show you, I'll show you handsome.
Speaker 1: Interior free weights area Day.
Speaker 3: Brian cues for another push up, but sees Kayla leading Wade into the server closet.
Speaker 1: Valerie turns to follow.
Speaker 3: His gaze, but Brian fumbles a push up.
Speaker 1: Valerie helps him up. You're gonna break something. What's the matter with you?
Speaker 3: Kayla hurries, waiting to the closet, Valerie none the wiser. A TV above Brian displays a local news spotlight.
Speaker 1: All thanks down, that was the old and in what's the new? Luxury Joe Cha Solstice, It's opening up?
Speaker 5: Brand news?
Speaker 1: Locare this thing?
Speaker 4: Anyone?
Speaker 3: Interior Front Desk Day, White Trash Spin Diva fifties riftish sheet struts past Alexa without stopping.
Speaker 1: You know me, sweetheart Bike Chris approaches the desk class food. Huh how we have ten people only night and bike's working? Johnny brooklue this morning? Shoot Fike number one just got here.
Speaker 3: They share a look and run Interior Cycling Studio Day, Chris and Alexa around the corner, just as White Trash Spin Diva notices shy spin client.
Speaker 1: On Bike one. Who the hell do you think you are? Shoot Love Cool Interior Free Weights Area Day.
Speaker 3: Brian finally lands a perfect clap push up when.
Speaker 1: Number one since Richard Simmons was sweating too. The oldie white dressed spin Diva Chase's sy stink.
Speaker 3: Client out the front door, ruining Valerie shot interior Front Desk Day.
Speaker 1: Valerie confronts Alexa. Brian hot at her heel. What is going on? Brian grimaces and gives it a cut it out motion? Geeze us upset. We didn't want to be on the list. The class is fall because of the promotion?
Speaker 4: Are you on something?
Speaker 2: Bright?
Speaker 1: Commercial blares on the TV above the front.
Speaker 3: Desk sleek aesthetics, modern machines, sexy fitness trainers.
Speaker 5: Now here you want to get fit? Your first is Free.
Speaker 1: Valerie slaps the off button.
Speaker 3: All TVs are conspicuously off for the rest of the episode.
Speaker 1: We get the TV commercial again, and while you do it, I'd like to get some you know reactions, you know, booze hissess that commercial place? Okay, So we'll read it and you can do a radiover the commercial.
Speaker 2: Stupid is Free.
Speaker 1: Valerie slaps the off button.
Speaker 3: All TVs are conspicuously off for the rest of the episode.
Speaker 1: End of back one, Yeah, pitch up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now pretend you're all listening the next week in your car