Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Tuesday in for the Great DP? What's up?
Speaker 2: Dan Ette's gonna have some fun today? Later on in the show, we got Hall of Famer Drew Brees stopping by tomorrow, ice Cube and just a lot of fun. By the way, can you please get it right this time? Can I give you a quick backstory? While Sam placed the glockenspiel?
Speaker 3: What's up Sammy? What's up?
Speaker 4: Danny Kay?
Speaker 3: Danny G's on phones?
Speaker 5: Our producer thirty second story? Because Cari is waiting in the green room.
Speaker 3: Well, I got to build up the hype for tomorrow. Okay. Oh No.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, which was a Tuesday on Sirius XM. Covino and Ridge, we had ice Cube in the studio and he had that snarl on his face like he didn't want to be there.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like ice Cube sitting in a boat and like a kid's movie. Yeah, he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Wearing a life preserver like on a family fun trip. He was like mean, like straight out of Compton. Ice Cube and Rich is like, all right, let's welcome the legendary I yo, his nostrils flared out. I think like steam came out of his ears. I saw fire in his eyes and leaned up and leaned forward with that that snarl. And he's like, y'all know, who have you even talking to right now? And Rich like he blew Rich's hair back, and we were like, Rich was so scared of him. And now Rich and we've interviewed him against Sorry, mister, you can't say ice tea.
Speaker 3: Now it's in my head. Yeah, I know, now it's in your head.
Speaker 1: Can't do it.
Speaker 2: So that's tomorrow today, Like Rich said, Drew Brees and Frank Collendo's here, man, But we're live in the Fox Sports Radio studio and you can watch the show right now. You could see Frank, you could see us, could be part of it. You could chat live like super Bird or Wilhelm and a Crider. Everybody here, Wes and mercer At Cobino and Rich FSR on YouTube see us live. Hey, we're waving high. What's up YouTube dot com? Slash at Covino en Rich FSR. All right now, like you said, we got to welcome him, the one and only one of our favorite guests, the guy that gives us time when we need it, and he's always a great dude.
Speaker 3: Frank Kelly And what's up Frank?
Speaker 6: All right, guys, Hey, you know and I think the last time I was on with you, I talked about this. This is where I found out about who you guys are filling in.
Speaker 4: For Dan Patrick.
Speaker 6: So uh, pretty cool to uh to make this full circle, if you will. And Drew Brees, I became friends with him. He's one of the nicest guys. Have you guys talked to him before? Yeah, he is one of the He did a when I first met him. I did one of those things where I like, could you, uh, could you make a video for my flag football team?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, one are the kids' names?
Speaker 6: I know, my my flag football team I'm playing No uh so the kids, Uh, they got a kick out of that. But Drew Drew Drew invited me to dinner at the Super Bowl. Not the Super Boys playing it, but he invited me to the Super Bowl in New Orleans because he was part of you know, the hosting group or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I was super tired.
Speaker 6: I had to pass because I had to get home and coach of my son's basketball team.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, he's you know, ten years old or something like that, and as the coach of the guy, I was so tired coaching. It was like little giants there. Guys were just beating up on our kids. I eventually got kicked out of the game. I honestly got kicked out of the game.
Speaker 4: As the coach.
Speaker 3: You it was horrific.
Speaker 6: I mean because I was I was just I was watching these kids beat up on our kids, and I yelled at the ref I did. It was totally I shouldn't have done it. And I actually went and apologized to the parents on the other side afterward, and they're there and the kids, I just I just put my two legs and I went, I you know what, kids, you should never act like.
Speaker 4: This is a totally wrong thing to do. I'm sorry. Parents. And after the game, they're.
Speaker 6: Like, okay, mister Hollywood, and they're just coming after me, and I was like, man, I'll tell you what, man, you're a jackass, then come on, man.
Speaker 8: Callendo goes for the gold by putting his tail between his legs, shrinking down like Fred Flintstone in the big chair next to the table. He's a tiny little guy at that point, and you're coming after him.
Speaker 4: At his worst time ever.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you were that guy guy even here here at the Little League League.
Speaker 3: But do you hear that mighty on here in the you know I'm here. Do you hear that? Frank, You're here and our headphones is.
Speaker 2: Like today today today, I consider myself SOLF.
Speaker 3: So so it's totally that's Gruden doing.
Speaker 6: You want Gruden doing, Lou Garrick, that's what you want.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you, did you not see the sign? He says?
Speaker 2: He says, parents, parents, beware, the kids are watching, watching, and they're all over the Little League fields out here here like the parents get advocates.
Speaker 3: Oh you were that guy that got.
Speaker 2: Tossed that because you know, people want to social media to talk about Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't know what I was just and I wanted to go. I passed a dinner with Drew Brees for this, and I just I just obviously didn't.
Speaker 3: Maybe I did say, and I don't know when you're stupid league and he's stupid kids.
Speaker 2: Frank, I got to because you're such an entertaining guy. But just talking to you is such a fun experience experience. Is there pressure to impressions of what you do when you meet new people.
Speaker 6: People Like when I meet somebody like at the airport, if you're like a dinner party or something, because just talking.
Speaker 2: For me, for me, But I feel like, but you might feel like that I should probably break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean a little bit.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it feels like people are just waiting for it sometimes. And but the last time I was on with Danny got on me about it because I went to dinner with those guys. They're talking about how I just break into impressions all the time, Like.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe I was trying to impress you you are dance.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's maybe because I could do it in the story I'm going to add it to so, yes, maybe that's the situation. Yeah, I don't do it so much around the house and with my friends, there's nothing like that. But when somebody does meet me and they bring it up, there is a little bit maybe give.
Speaker 4: Them a boom, like a mad thing like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is which is the worst place?
Speaker 4: Airport t s A. Don't do that.
Speaker 6: There, uh boom cuff me uh so uh so, Yeah, there's a there's a little bit of that. But I if you know me, I'm not I'm pretty much not breaking into characters all the time.
Speaker 2: When he says and he brings me Frank, I always think of the Flaming commercial, like how the fire would just burst into his foot, would just burst into flames. Speaking of your friendships, Frank, I saw that Carrot Top posted you yesterday, So I want to know about some of the camaraderie in your life when it comes to comics, Uh, your Mad TV affiliation back in the day, Like, do you guys root for each other? Is there some sort of fraternity camaraderie going on with those dudes that you came up with? Do you automatically support them? The Airy Spears is of the world, the Will Sasso's even the Bobby Lee even though he wasn't a cast member, but you see his clips all the time.
Speaker 3: He was on Mad TV a lot, Like do you keep in touch? Do you guys communicate you?
Speaker 4: Guys? I can't hear you now for a second.
Speaker 2: See Sam, Oh, it's okay, okay, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me? Because this is terrible? Guys never worked on Charles Barkley.
Speaker 9: Knuckleheare man?
Speaker 2: I asked the coolest question ever. I don't know if I don't know if Sorry, Charles Hell, we're good now. I was asking you about the camaraderie amongst the comedians you came up with, Like I saw that Carrot Top posted you yesterday. You know, what's that relationship like? And all your mad TV guys that you came up up with, Harry Spears And I threw Bobby Lee in there because he's always on social media even though he wasn't like a real was he a real cast member? Will Saso? Like, do you guys keep in touch? What's that camaraderie like? Now he doesn't have us? Ah, you know what, you might have to pull an audible here, Rich, you know what, let's let's let's break.
Speaker 3: We'll come back. You might have to pull a radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get it all situated. We'll get Frank and we'll fix it. Frank Coleendo, we're losing communication, guys, that happens.
Speaker 3: It's all good, all right. So hey, speaking of we have other guests.
Speaker 2: We got Showtime Mahome stopping by, he's got Trivia, we got Drew Brees. But let's work this out and we'll figure it out, okay, because I got lots of great questions for Frank Callendo. If you have anything you want to ask him to get hit us up to on YouTube at Coveno and rich FSR on YouTube at Covino and rich FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Damn Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show.
Speaker 3: No mo the host of.
Speaker 7: Two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 2: No way, No how give you on ch Wait? Why are we playing lobamba? What's the tie in here? There's always some sort of musical tie in.
Speaker 5: Last hour, which feels like an eternity ago because of our Yeah, because Sam was screaming on top of a bridge, it's.
Speaker 2: Just about a minute ago. Because Sam's middle name is Javier, that's time, I doubt, or maybe because I'm half Mexican. Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio with super producer Danny g who I think is on the case.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't want to keep Frank coll Let's go. We got show time of homes Trivia coming up. But thank you guys for being here and for the great damn.
Speaker 5: Pat You guys are going to give Zoom one more crack at it, and then if that doesn't work, I'll get him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll blame Zoom, but if it happens again, we're blaming Sam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you. Gotta blame someone, blame the face of the blame. Maybe we should just blame Frank. Hey, Frank Condo, what's up? Man?
Speaker 5: No, I can't hear all right, in the business, we call this riffing, you guys, riff and I'll get him on the phone.
Speaker 3: All right, let's riff the decompress.
Speaker 2: I know you want to bang your head through the wall right now, It's okay, it's nobody's fault.
Speaker 3: What it is? Can you never do not aechnologies? I mean, the thing is, it's it's someone's it's not Frank. I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: It's uh. Every time something happens. You know what our video guys fol likes to say. And this is for anyone at their job. Operator error, operator error. Right, Well that's ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 3: But whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as uh Danny g jokingly said, better with Frank than with Drew Brees.
Speaker 3: I just kidding, Frank. We love you, man.
Speaker 2: We say that respectfully for sure, and appreciate your time.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Is he there?
Speaker 5: I have him on the phone now the way we used to do it in radio.
Speaker 3: All right, Hi, Frank, I didn't hear what was?
Speaker 4: How did you make fun of me? What was? What did you say?
Speaker 3: Better you than Drew Brees?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All right, so you killed my my intro line. That's what I was gonna do, Like I was the Chester yes or one hundred percent agree with you?
Speaker 6: I mean get out, no, no, no, no, no, I'm on.
Speaker 4: I'm on with it.
Speaker 2: But when you were talking about hanging out with your breeze dough, I do love that mutual respect that you guys get and I love how they embrace you. And that's sort of what I was getting at before. You know, it's the third time I'm asking this question, and it's not even that great.
Speaker 3: Of a question.
Speaker 2: I would say, you thought from the freaking question, Well, you know what, Speaking of quarterbacks, we were talking about Baker Mayfield and how he was offered two years one hundred million. We were saying, how do you not take the money and run? You know, what are your thoughts when you hear stories like that? And I don't know, if you're watching betting on yourself, which I'm sure you've done a million times in your career.
Speaker 4: No, I usually just acquiesce and go for the money that they initially offered me. Right, pretty much, that's pretty much. No. I hold out. I've held out on some things before. Usually people have to talk me into it a little bit. But uh, I don't know, I'm usually pretty pretty happy with I shouldn't say that I have held out for some differently, not that much. When you're talking about fifty to one hundred million. I mean, I can't even comprehend that. I don't think the average person could comprehend tens, if not one hundred, you know, hundreds of millions of dollars. So if you do, if you do, I can't. I can't. I don't think I would. I always looked at it when I was a kid watching Brett Favre make all that money in Green Bay. I grew up in Wisconsin. I'd be like, well, why don't, why can't you, Why don't you take less money and get some better receivers or get the defense. But that's just not the way. When you have all those agents around you and people talking to you about that type of stuff, your mindset's a little different. You do watch your value. You don't want to be treated crappy. And the owners are making a ton of money. I think that's the way they're looking at it. The league's making a ton of money, the owners are making a ton of money, and why shouldn't I make as much as possible? And maybe they don't trust the owner to put the money where the like that quarterback thinks they would put it. I'm sure that happened to Baker Mayfield where he's been. He's like, well, you told me I was gonna you know, if I took less money, you would do this and that doesn't happen. That's the type of thing you just you can't trust that. It's business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Frank and your business.
Speaker 2: You're surrounded by celebrities all the time, and guys in sports in the NFL they love you. But do you still get a kick out of it when they recognize you for what you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah. The coolest thing when I first started was was I was at a groundling show in Los Angeles there the Improv troupe, and Will Ferrell walked in and said, Hey, are you Frank? And I was like that. I mean, I was only in comedy for maybe five years at that point, and he's like the Madden. The Madden. He's doing that, you know, that's pretty cool. And the Madden is the thing that people always no. When I met Chris Evans, I did. I did a thing where I brought my daughter to an ACE comic con. Maybe I've told you this before, but I brought her to an ACE Comic con in Seattle and Josh Broland had used me in the movie W for the George W. Bushification, so he he's like, that was me. So I I the agent calls it, you go you can go meet Josh Brolin right now. Only problem is he's with Chris Evans. I'm like, we'll deal with it. Then we go in. I'm talking to Chris to Josh Broland for a little bit, and Chris Evans because I went, wait a second, who are you? And I go Frank Kelly and who goes, Oh my god, do some mad do mad doing this? And it was so my daughter at thirteen years old thinks of the coolest guy in the world. So yeah, I mean that stuff is I don't even know if it's just for me at this point, but when my kids see something that that that gives me a little bit of a cool feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's wild.
Speaker 2: Like I said earlier, the fact that you bring people so much joy through through impressions. But alone, Frank, you're just a great guy without the impressions. But there is such a layer like if anything ever goes weird, Frank can always just do impression you impressions to get out of like a weird, uncomfortable moment.
Speaker 10: Morgan Freeman and that's when he realized he didn't have enough money to pay for that dinner. Frank's slowly but Charlotte all to five hundred yards. Look at their slop. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe I just don't want to just to wash those dishes? Is that a real thing? Can you wash dishes at a restaurant?
Speaker 2: I know we were led to believe that and when we were kids. If that's what they do, right, I saw Pee Wee Herman do it in his Big Adventure. That's that's uh my only reference to it. Yes, it never happened.
Speaker 4: I've never seen anything reflects reality. It's Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
Speaker 2: Yeah you never? Did you have run ins with him on your come up at all?
Speaker 4: Or No?
Speaker 3: The Great Paul rub.
Speaker 4: Total wrong verbiage for that one.
Speaker 3: No, you never you know encounter, No, you never at the playhouse.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: The big one, because I've become really good friends with him, is John Gruden. I mean Gruden is the one I've done stuff with. You got I told Rich this off the area. You got me doing cameos. He's like you ever do cameo? Man? Like you know that thing where you wish people happy birthday? Let's tell you what, there's no better satisfaction than wishing somebody. And this guy he has the greatest cameos in the world. I'm doing a commercial for him on cameo do it for me. But I'm at I'm at the FFCA, and he's got he's always watching film, he's always got old video on there. He's like, I gotta do this one. First guy's birthday, give me a second on at the birthday. Rich, It's great that you're fifty years old. You're breaking into the fifty year Mike Mark like, well, there Peyton to run through the line, and then he plays Peyton behind her, like that's the greatest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 2: So I just think he said the Madden the Madden before. I feel like generationally you could see how old someone is, whether they want you to do the Madden or the Grindin in a way, I feel like I feel like I think.
Speaker 4: I went from a guy who pigeonholed himself as an a comedian who did an impersonation of a guy named John, to a comedian who doesn't imperson an impression of a guy named John. It went from j O h N to j O N. I guess I had some George w and some Donald Trump in the middle Trankly and Joe Biden for I mean that those are all tertiary two that Gruden and Madden, and you know, I milked it pretty well. So one of those things where it's it's the it's the duality of it. It's like, hey, everywhere I go, people you know on the air want me to do it, and I'm like, maybe I'll get away from it, and they're like, well you did, all right? Yeah why not? I mean, if you take yourself too seriously in your a comedian, you are moral. Yeah I was.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you doing impressions is just I mean, you're the best at it.
Speaker 4: So I don't know about that, but I'm decent enough that I pulled it off.
Speaker 2: Who else do you think it is good in the game? Do you have that are Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 3: Who would you say?
Speaker 4: I know there would be a people. I mean people that you know, Jay Farrow. I've got some friends like Joe got Debt and some people that are like dead on mimics. My friend John Holmberg, who's a radio guy. It's one of the best I've ever heard. He's like me, if I were a little bit more, quite a bit more evil, but uh, it's it's uh, Sasso's fantastic. Aery Spears really great. I mean people have usually you have like five to ten that are your your calling card.
Speaker 2: Like you said, Sasso, I picture Sasso doing Macho Man. I picture him doing Tony Soprano. So I'll put you on the spot. You worked with both of those dudes on Man TV. Who does a better Tony Soprano, Aery Spears or Will Sassoh?
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know, I honestly, I mean they're both pretty freaking great. Ye, I would say Sasso because in the makeup, Will Sasso is a forget about. It's one of those kinds of things thinking about right now if somebody's talking about Tony Soprande. He said, first, I've got a door, come on.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, they both are so great, but you, obviously you're You're the guy that everyone thinks so with impressions. Cavino saw a picture of you with carrat Top.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw Karra Top back in the day. Apparently you guys are pals. I saw him, and I was so I went in thinking like, I don't know if I'm gonna like this.
Speaker 3: He was fantastic. Oh, he's great.
Speaker 4: Most unbelievable is he.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's sort of underrated because I think everyone's like, oh, what is he gonna do?
Speaker 3: He pulled me. He's great.
Speaker 4: Jeff Die I think said this on Rogan. I think he's a he's better than all of us, and he's one hundred percent correct. I mean, carrat Tops show is basically a living set of memes. He is social media on stage, the music cues, all that stuff is just unbelievad. I mean, I would like I would love to see whoever's working the lights and the sound cues during that's its own show. But he's very, very funny. People don't realize it's not just him doing honey props. He doesn't really even do much of that. It's great props with thought behind him. There's an actual joke and uh we went in my wife and I went to Vegas and uh then he did a little thing with me and the audience. So it was fun. But he's a great, great guy. Again, I keep tying Grudenen, but this is true. Gruden goes to see him all the time.
Speaker 2: That's f Yeah, carat Top wrote, Uh, he's with the one and only Frank Calyando. Uh, literally one of the funniest people I know. So he was giving you props on social media.
Speaker 3: By the way, is that karat tops thing?
Speaker 2: When I first started dating my wife, Frank, we happen to go see carrattup. We're in Vegas and he gave us a little shout out on the ois and and and made me feel really cool. You know, he's very don't.
Speaker 4: Feel that cool. I love that whenever there's somebody there. Everybody, most people in Vegas unless they're a huge, huge, huge headliner. That's that's the thing people do in When I had my Vegas show, the thing is you get people to come in and then you pop it out there and that's kind of like a little advertising type of thing. But it's cool to get of course, cool to get to get called out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Frank Caliendo on the Cavino and Rich Show in for DP. It's always a pleasure. Thanks again for your time, Frank. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: John Madden, obviously you you talked about him. Have you accepted Nick Cage as the role, because I feel like last time we talked, he rolled your eyes a little bit about it.
Speaker 3: Have you accepted it yet.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, I people all, it's more that people keep talking to me about it. I'm like me or Nick Cage. I'm picking Nick Cage for my life story, all right. If I could have Nick Cage, I'm Frank Caliendo, and I'm the guy who does a.
Speaker 11: John impression John Madden, John Gruden, doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Use it where you will, Dude.
Speaker 2: It is kind of tough though, because you still see that the Nick. His face is so famous. We've actually interviewed Nick Cage right and from our perspective, imagine him sitting like right across the table from us. I think the whole time I got all these questions lined up, but I'm looking at his famous face, and it's thrown me off. Like there's Nick Cave right there in a white T shirt and his face is so famous. I think that you know, you still see it, even though he gained all that weight and the prosthetics and everything else, you still see his face in John Madden.
Speaker 3: So I'm actually really curious.
Speaker 4: Why do you keep asking me about tarent top. I don't understand this line of questioning exactly. Yeah, I mean, he's so famous. I mean, people when you're that famous. It's I don't know how much of a regular life you can have. So I listen, I was I think I told you guys this. They called me to have a zoom call with Nicholas Cage about that movie, and I was like no, They're like why not. I was like, because I want to hang out with Nicholas. I want to go if I'm gonna, you know, give him the Madden recipe, if I'm going to talk.
Speaker 9: About where you put the voice in your mouth and sound like you're like you're eating a pull lemon right there and you're not getting rid of lemons or starting the pull lemon, just like real sashel.
Speaker 4: So if I'm going to give that up, I want to hang out with him for a day. I want to walk around and you know, see exotic animals. Here's my monitor lizard, Frank, what would John Madden say? You know, I'm gonna go through that. I want to have the Leslie Stall walka talk. That's what I want to be a part of. So but they then they just went on, I think he's gonna sound kind of like Nicholas Cage. Boom. That guy looks like he just got hit by a freight train.
Speaker 2: Yo, Frank Guy, I gotta ask you one of my favorites. You did one of the last times we talked. We're having some fun with Romo, who got in some trouble lately.
Speaker 11: Oh Jimmy, Oh oh yeah, Jimmy Jims. We're gonna be working at the Jimmy John's, just so I can say, jim we got jim Oh No.
Speaker 4: I feel I love I really like Romo. So I don't know, and it's he grew up from me, not that, but he's that all happened in Burlington, Wisconsin, and I grew up in Waukeshaw. That's like, you know, just a little bit down the road. So, uh yeah, I don't know. I feel bad kind of ripping into people. I don't know what's happening with him, right, does he is? He's just like I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're they're rearranging CBS's uh like partnerships in the booth.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know. I like Romo in the booths myself.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, because you were very quick to do a great Romo. Are there some guys that maybe they just don't have anything distinct about their voice? Like I haven't heard anyone do like a Tom Brady. Are there some people where it's like, yay, he really does nothing interesting.
Speaker 3: With his voice.
Speaker 2: He's just gotta regularly. He's a regular guy, is it. Are there people like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's lots, and you don't see me or anybody else doing impressions for them.
Speaker 2: Say if you if you assume if there's someone very popular that none of you guys in that top tier have taken on or picked up this, they're just sort of not giving you much.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, actors have movie roles, so you can reverse engineer it from that a little bit when you have. But people told me I could you could have doing Adam Schefter, and I was like the career by sure at this particular time, I believe I have a way in or the people you think don't have. I remember when George W. Bush was first like the president, I was at mad TV. They're like, there's nothing to do with this guy, and like, I think there is. We'll figure something out, man. So it comes. There's stuff that comes along, and you just have to wait for the right moment, and something has to be a defining moment for the person. And then I think there could be so Tom Brady he does have a relaxed, kind of almost vocal fry type of voice at times, so there's probably something to do that. But what is he what?
Speaker 3: What exactly?
Speaker 4: What's the what's the thing that you're making fun of him? Being a great looking guy that's got tons of money? That only so much there is to do with that, And I'm not I'm not really pulling that off.
Speaker 2: Well, so I was getting what would you uh, what would uh what would maybe John Gruden think though about Tom Brady holding.
Speaker 3: His nose when he jumps in the ocean. Did you see that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I saw that. Man. You know that's a different kind of tuck rule right there. Man, I'll tell you what. Take a look. Come on, man, you're here to get some water. You take a chance. You're talking about guys out there on the field not playing during the preseason. What are you doing? You put not a pair of goggles one of those bald cat types of things and a snorkel? Is that what you're doing in the pool? Come on, man, be a man, do something.
Speaker 2: Hey, you wouldn't do that, right, Frank Callendo. You wouldn't hold your nose jumping into the ocean or a pool or he was in Alaska. Didn't have anything to do with like the temperatures.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: When we had that conversation, I read all our feedback and it had like something on his ears every every so often, one tim it would be like, what's wrong with holding your nose when you jump in the pool?
Speaker 3: I got to be it's like, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, Rich offended one of our guys here, Dan Byer, because we were saying that only lam Os do that, and yeah, a lot of people take offense to that. Are you a hold your nose when you go in the water guy?
Speaker 4: No, I'd rather risky and fact instead of yes, having somebody make fun of me. Yeah, I don't think I do, but I know there are probably times where I have because I have gotten water in my ear water and you know, it just feels like it goes in your brain but not not consistent.
Speaker 3: And it goes back to what you said.
Speaker 2: When you see stuff like that, you got to take your opportunities to make fun of Tom Brady because there's not a whole lot, right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well there was a roast about it.
Speaker 3: Oh that was y yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that is true and I.
Speaker 4: Guess we have used up all the material.
Speaker 2: When you find those nuances and you have an original, that's the jackpot for guys in your line of work. I would imagine, right if you're the first to pick up on that, because then a lot of times you see people doing impressions of other people's impressions.
Speaker 4: And nobody knows who's the originator. It used to be if somebody broke out an impression, you'd have to find a different take on the person. Now everybody just steals area. I mean, it's I've felt like there's one. I don't know it'll be good enough because I have to rev up to get into it. But it's Billy Bob Thornton. That's the one I've been doing. It's kind of the Landman Billy Bob, but it's it's this thing where there's a there's a moment where you can figure out where he's coming from, which gives you his point of view, and it's basically he'll say something like a French word and then follow it up with a rip. They'll be like that sounds pretty good. Guys, well, arive of dirty jeck ass. Like those types of moments like you hear those and you hear this elegant word or reva dirty and then jack ass so those and he's like, my kill, it's like a sound like Hank Hill. I don't understand that. So he's it's kind of in there without going full cartoon Hank Hill. But it's what's that moment? And then how do you bring it out and make it more of a character and the impression. So that's the difficult thing. You might have to be able to do the sound alike, but what's the way to make it? Try and be funny. And the sports guys are always for me easier because the analysts, what do they do? They break down things in the sports world. So what do you do with the analyst and the you just break down things in the real world. And that's basically comedy for everybody's long, they know who the person is.
Speaker 2: Hey, Frank, you're the best in the game when it comes to this stuff. Your comedy's great. But as a result, you've gotten a lot of sports perks along the way because you know you're you're so well received in that world. What are some of your greatest sport perk moments? I guess did you ever take batting practice or anything. Because you're a good athlete from what we hear. So what's the coolest you done?
Speaker 4: I was decent. My dad was a minor league baseball player in the White Sox organization years and years and years ago. I grew up playing baseball nineteen eighty eight, fourteen and under AAU national champion. By the way, I was an All American on that team eighteen and another team from Wisconsin had Craig Counsel on it. Whatever happened to him.
Speaker 3: That's really cool. That's really really cool. Man.
Speaker 4: I've done things to take kids too. I've done batting practice, I've hit some I've hit some batting practice. It's more of having my kids meet people like my son got to meet J. J. Watt, Drew Breeze, those types of people. That's that's the cool are the coolest moments for me. So those are the perks I use the most, and I do. The NBA lets me do lots of stuff, go to the Summer League and the NBA Cup and all those types of things. So oh f one. My daughter is a huge F one fan, a Jeanne Leclair fan, and I've been over there in like basically in the pits and stuff at F one with her and that's that's that's real.
Speaker 2: Do you feel the pressure like doing BP from Warning Track Power?
Speaker 3: Like, what's that like for you? Because you're a fan like we are.
Speaker 4: I'm fifty two. I would love to. I mean, I was the kid who was when I was young. I was in high school. Looking at USA today in that little rectangle with all the batting averages, that's how we got all the you know, Andres Galaraga was always flirting with four hundred ye that type of deal, so I uh yeah, I mean there's a there's a nervousness. I remember we did it here with it the Diamondbacks, and Tory Lavulo was like, what do you got? You know, kind of like a Wilford Brimley looking at Roy Hobbs, and I just wasn't Roy Hobbs. I had the trombone case, but there wasn't a bad in it, so I went after I hit all right. I had a quick swing, But you don't realize how hard it is to hit a ball with a wooden bat if you haven't done it for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's it's and the pressure involved in the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Rich swears he's gonna jack right out.
Speaker 4: I'm a pressure gang man. No, I yeah, there is that moment. You don't what I what I did was I when I got into the box, I bunted a couple of times and I laid a couple down. You kind of know what you're doing. I'm like I used to small.
Speaker 2: What he went ap Otaco just to show he could frank You know you brought up your kids interestingly enough? Is it funny how I feel the same way perks Now it's like you try to. I feel like I try to impress my kids more than I've tried to impress women when I was single. Is there like a weird sense of like you you get joy out of like what can I show my kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like I said, when when a fame, like a super famous person knows me and it helps my kid meet the person that that's pretty I would take that over almost anything. I mean I did. Another one I pulled off was in Vegas and this guy's actually a big, big sports fan. Michael Bubla, My wife, my daughter, we went to go see Michael Boublay and bou Bla is doing an Elvis impression. He's like, I'm no, Frank, Callianda and my wife during the show, cause do you think you think he does that every time? I'm like, I don't know. And then he dedicated a song to Juliet Calliander my daughter.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and then she's like, what did you do that? Kind of like it was almost it was it was almost Avengers. What did you do?
Speaker 3: That's awesome? Man, Frank.
Speaker 2: You know, I got I gotta I gotta give Frank some props because not that he's Cara topic, No, not those times.
Speaker 3: Cat.
Speaker 2: I gotta give you props, Frank, because I think because you do so many great impressions, people don't realize what makes Frank awesome.
Speaker 3: And it's what he does with the impression. It's like the content is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Like if you if you did an impression, but you did the impression not saying anything that funny, it's just an impression. I I just love your ability to like write great material for your impressions and you know, also just roll with the improv on it.
Speaker 3: That's like that's the skill right there. No, yeah, I put a little bit of me.
Speaker 12: I put a little bit of me, and those impressions and I think that's they'll come back to the same reference points all the time. So, uh, there is that, but it's the same thing. The thing that you guys like about me is the thing that might drive somebody else crazy. And as far as impressions that aren't that funny, I probably have a ton of those two that are just like single and triple word impressions.
Speaker 3: So well were we appreciate you, Frank.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry for the technical issues earlier, but you know, man, I.
Speaker 12: Mean this is I can't believe you kept me out.
Speaker 4: What did you lose?
Speaker 3: Drew Brees?
Speaker 2: We got we got Drew and about uh we got Drew in about twenty so and now and now I've.
Speaker 12: Got I've got the the the uh, I've got the echo in here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go do some cameos.
Speaker 3: Man, you have fun, man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Drew, thank you, brother, appreciate you, drug, thank you, Frank, the great Frank, thank you the man. Appreciate and rich show in for Dan Patrick and really really just appreciate his time. And you know, when we said we're filling in, He's like, he'll hop on. And I appreciate that. I love Frank and I look forward to talking to Drew Brees about like you said, within the hour, So markvinon rich In for the great Dan Patrick coming up right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search f s R to listen live.
Speaker 2: Covino and rich In for DP day two of the Dan Patrick Hatrick and again join the fun on YouTube as we speak, especially if you want to see Drew Brees or Frank Callendo at Covino and rich FSR live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Rich big project coming up. Chat GPT has a new agent for larger projects, Chat gpt work. Give it a goal and help turn scattered materials into finished work. Get started at chat gpt dot com by selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans now. Shout out again to Frank Kelliendo for joining us. And I was just texting Frank by the way, all his dates Frank on stage dot com for Chicago West Palm's. If you got a chance to see Frank Calliendo live, you gotta do it.
Speaker 3: Just do it. And he's doing something really cool too.
Speaker 2: Where think of how many groups of guys and girls who are doing fantasy drafts. He does cameos as Gruden making fun like you can get him making fun of your buddies fantasy football. So he's doing some pretty funny fantasy football cameo. So again all that at Frank on stage dot com.
Speaker 3: Really great guy.
Speaker 2: When you see other people O the Jabroni's other wannabes on social media doing their impressions because everyone's a film critic, everyone's a an investigator, a journalist, everyone's a master impressionist on social media.
Speaker 5: Homes and who's that guy, big Poppy?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I feel like, Danny g is talking about me. Guess what, You're absolutely right. I'm a fan of guys like Frank Calliedo. Absolutely he's the best.
Speaker 3: In the game. So to him, Frank on stage, I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Just ask him about UFOs. I was hoping for a little uh Jeff Jeff Goldblow. Actually I wanted to hear his thoughts on the UAPs they saw on Mars the Jellyfish UFOs. When we found out we were having Frank on the show. When we reached out, I just happen to Google, like what's Frank's best known impressions. It's a list where you keep having to press more, more and more. YO, long ass list. So the very talented Frank Kelly and and we do have Drew Brees coming up NFL Hall of Famer, So very very cool show.
Speaker 3: I got random question for you before we get to all that w n B. A. Yeah, what about it?
Speaker 2: All all the drama and all the off courtnig.
Speaker 3: Riding on drama?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: But but is that a good thing or not? And I wonder because in life, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of times, if it leads, it leads.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I know you, I know you love that that phrase, and I'm not I'm not saying it's something you made up, but I.
Speaker 3: Did the whole If it bleeds, it leads.
Speaker 2: I think that there are many things in the pop culture world, and maybe not so much the sports world, that do thrive on drama. Drama, drama, because we joke sometimes that there are storylines that we you know, a lot of men will say I don't like drama, and women will be like, what do you mean you don't like drama? You just don't like drama in our form sports And there's a lot of guy stuff that has drama, trade deadlines and like, oh you see friendly again, Like a show like ours is very barber shop and it's the story behind the scene if you're telling me, If you tell me when you see Kevin Durant, you know, taking shots at Klay Thompson on Twitter. We we as men and women get by and everyone loves at least a little ounce of drama. And I feel like the WNBA, it all started with Kitlyn Clark and Angel Reese and went to the trans women in sports, It went to the I think it's pretty Sophie Cunningham and then.
Speaker 3: Race gets involved.
Speaker 2: Do you think the w NBA can last long term with the biggest poll being the drama side of it, Because I'll be honest, were the coaches love to say, like these.
Speaker 3: Women are putting a good product on the court. It's being overlooked.
Speaker 2: But I feel like maybe, but I don't even know if people would care if not for the drama. Because you say w NBA, you're thinking the trans conversation, You're thinking Sophie Cunningham, You're thinking Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark. So could a league continue to just grow with drama being at the forefront. I think they're loving it. I think that it's almost more w I think it's intentional at this point, and it's the narrative that everybody goes with. I'll prove it right now. Yeah, what do you got the dream versus the fever? Are people talking about the win and overtime? Maybe Sam is that's about it a fever dream?
Speaker 3: No, but that's proof, right are you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Yo, man, did you see that big win fever and overtime? Not one of your buddy said that. But there is a crazy story about how security made them fans made fans cover up their shirts. They went to the JumboTron and it was pro trans T shirts and like anti trans T shirts and security they're saying, drop the ball because they made them cover up the shirts, and it becomes a bigger story than the actual game.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. It happens all the time. It's not coincidence.
Speaker 2: The fact that no one, no one is you know, talking about the liberty aces.
Speaker 3: Those are teams right, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, The fact that no one's liberty, liberties, liberty, the liberty, liberty, liberties, the liberty.
Speaker 5: Can I throw a stat out for you guys, the numbers say people are paying attention. The wa NBA is having record attendance and viewership entering the final weeks of this season, reportedly up fifteen percent over last year.
Speaker 2: And that's fantastic for them, it's fantastic for women's sports. But if the driving force is drama again, that guess what. There's a lot of things in life they get by based on drama, right, reality show genre?
Speaker 3: Again, I said, there's a lot of drama and sports already.
Speaker 2: But do you think the WNBA should continue to lean into this or should they be like, no, listen, we're gonna we're gonna try to steer clear of this and seen it up.
Speaker 3: They feed each other.
Speaker 2: I think that drama brings people in, Like if you hear something crazy going on or beef in the WNBA, that might make you want it to in. I think that's why ratings are up. And then I got to ask, I think that's being part of it. Before we welcome Drew Brees in a little while, I do want to know if you think there's some type of resolution anytime soon with like Enus Kanter and some of these dudes that are like.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play in the WNBA.
Speaker 2: Is there a resolution there again another salacious story, So we'll get to all that and more, And of course Drew Brees gonna be stopping by the show, and a lot of NFL coming up, And for the great Dan Patrick, Covino and Rich right here Fox Sports Radio,