Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club. All right, morning everybody, it's the j Envy, just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club just as on maternity leave. So Lauren l Ross is feeling in and we got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, ladies and gentlemen, the babies. It's a pleasure to be here, man, pleasure to be here. How you feeling my breath? Feeling great? You know what I mean? Wouldn't rather be nowhere else right now. I'm happy to have you here for sure. You got to do a mixtape? How to fuck? Is this mix? Is this a mixtape? I'm still trying to figure this out, man. Should have been an album. Figure this out right now? Why not an album? You know? We wanted to we wanted to warm to pop back up, you know. And and really, more than anything, it's more of like a reintroduction, you know what I'm saying to all the listeners, to the fans, to the support us, to the new comings. You know what I mean, It's just a reintroduction. I feel like, you know, I done been away from so long. It's my first time putting my heart in the project in like four years. So you know I wanted to no features. I ain't want to. I ain't wanted to. I ain't got nothing to do with, no roll out, no none of that. You know what I'm saying. I wanted to just give him my authentic self, be completely transparent, you know what I mean, and reintroduce the listeners to me as a person, you know what I mean, beyond the artists, and you know, move forward from there, and then we come with the album right after that. Don't get it, Yeah, don't get it. I see you take the music as like I would say, how the essence used to be? Right. The reason I say that is you do the mixtapes, you do the freestyle, You pop up in the clubs, even when it's a paid appearance of not paid in parents. Absolutely you still get a whole lot of money to perform, but you still go to the small venues. Why is all of that so important? Because we don't see that with a lot of artists. The most important thing about all that shit is being able to connect directly with the fan base. You know what I'm saying. Everything else is clouded. You know, when you talk playlist and when you talk this and that, all that shit got politics and factors that come into play that you know, the control you know how visible your music is or what have you. You know, when it comes to a freestyle, I can give you current energy, I can touch on current topics and everything. I can give it boom straight to you. I don't gotta wait, I don't gotta upload it, wait for the DSPs to get time to service it and all that extra shit. Shout out to them when they do do it. You get what I'm saying. But sometimes you know, when it comes to this art with music, you want to just get it straight to the consumer, you know what I mean, Like you need to know how I'm feeling today.
Speaker 2: What's the difference between for the consumer? What's the difference between the mixtape and the album?
Speaker 1: They don't give They don't fucking know, you know what I'm saying. Like it's just all about you know, how you hype it up ahead of time, you know what I mean? And of course, like an album is it is, you know, it's presumed to be to be something that's just extra, just just a large, a large thing, you know what I mean, in a moment that's coming. But I I like, I'm more of a spontaneous person. You get what I'm saying, So I like the boom, just pop out with it and then yeah, let the music speak for itself and let it catch up with me, kind of like I popped out with this one. Like you know, I'm seeing I'm like, what a weekend, come midnight, it'll be a week that it didn't been out. But you know, I'm slowly but surely seeing people. You know what I mean. Understand like the type of body of work that I just put out, and that's what it's all about to me, Like that that means more than you know it being on this playlist for a day or for a week, you know what I'm saying, because somebody then broke bread or you know this or that. You know what I'm saying. So I like the organic and I really wanted the organic. I want an organic climb back, you know what I'm saying, to the top. That's what I want because then it's not you know, I understand it for exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: But you keep talking about being canceled, you keep talking about being at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Ain't talking know what I'm saying, But maybe I wasn't paying attention. I ain't see it that way, man. That's I don't see it that I appreciate that from you because I know you don't. You don't funk around. You saw it. I saw it. What did you see?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I don't believe in cancel culture completely, but I did feel like there was a time where you were like it was like quiet a bit, and we weren't seeing you out as much because I forgot at one time you had the festival run. It was all the baby like if it was a festival, it had to be you mixtape dropping music, music, music songs. And then it just got really quiet after the whole situation. And now I feel like I see you slowly like you're dropping your your freestyles online, dropping the content. I'll watch you do that a lot. And now we're here with the tape and you're running back around, so I think it's coming back around.
Speaker 1: We dont like shake something did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah it didn't happen, but it happened.
Speaker 1: But even even with that happened later.
Speaker 3: But I thought that that was going to be the pop back out and it did amazing. But even then, I think because people were attached to you as a person, cause you're you know, you're very animated. People like here you talk. We didn't get that during that you kind of did a little bit. But now your your interviews, you're talking to people. That's how I proceed it.
Speaker 1: You can let me know if I now with a lot of that, you correct. Except like with the freestyles, I never stopped that. Like that was really the only thing I could do off the rip. That was my way to boom, keep doing what I'm doing. But when it comes to like festivals and shit like that, that ship is controlled, you know what I mean, Like somebody can somebody press the button, you know what I'm saying. Somebody pressed the button. You get what I'm saying. And I gotta navigate my way through that. Have a navigate my way through that. That ain't something I can just you know. But in terms of everything else, right when it come to like press or like how I go about marketing music or whatever, Like I really got into space the well I was falling out of love with with the art, you know what I'm saying, and creating music and putting music out. Because of the politics and everything else that came with it, it made me. You know what I'm saying, I'm like, shit, this ain't this, ain't this ain't something I even enjoyed doing at this point. You get what I'm saying. I go from being an artist to a politician over fucking night. You know what I mean. I ain't no damn politician like that ain't what I've never even that ain't never even been my brand. You get what I'm saying that even my brand always been like I've always been that nigga that's gone. I can't believe that nigga just said that. You get what I'm saying. Like, I'm gonna say something that a lot of people would think. You know what I mean, and the music, but I'm gonna say it. I'm before you even realize how crazy I'm talking. If you already enjoyed the vibe of the music or whatever, you know what I mean. And in terms of shake something you is correct because my whole plan when I dropped that was the follow up immediately we were supposed to boom boom boom boom boom. You know what I mean. I've never been to, you know, drop a song and sit back and you know, and hold my nuts and God damn you know what I'm saying. And God damn. Yeah, look at that song I just dropped, So yeah, you know this what it is. Or I would have came in and dropped sugar and set the fuck back for two years like a lot of these niggas do. But I dropped my first three projects. You know what I'm saying as a mainstream artist six months apart, number one, number one, number one album, number one album, top streaming artists in the world, Stop shim in the World twenty twenty. You know what I'm saying. So my my fans have always been conditioned to receive my music and high volume, you know what I'm saying, Like I always boom boom boom, boom boom. I don't really sit on nothing, so definitely, you know, and like I say, like a big thing with this project, how to fuck is this mixtape? You know what I'm saying. And just with me and how I'm living right now of space I'm in. I'm a I'm in an era of accountability like when they come to myself. So you know, I just said this shit yesterday were talking to somebody like I appreciate the fans for holding me accountable and not letting me, you know, settle and put out bullshit and get away with it. They know what I you know, they know what I got to offer. But you know what I'm saying, no disrespect, but I always felt like f those people right now not that's because there is your core fans and people I love you, right and during that time when when it felt like you was going through it, I felt like your core still supported you. To show you even more that they supported you, I dropped the fucking ball, you know what I mean? Even even when I would see you outside and people coming up to you, it's a different crossover. Shit, yeah they're gonna be fickled, But your fans and stayed in that and that and that's French with you regardless. And I've seen that. And the reason I've seen that is we've seen this with a lot of artists right when they don't fuck with their call right and they feel like they're bigger than their call, they leave their call. Then you smacked back to reality. I never seen that with you, which I always respected, you know what I mean, not for sure for sure now that I agree one hundred percent, you know what I'm saying, I agree one hundred percent. And you know, and that's that's part of the whole myself accountable for. You know what I'm saying, Like the way that I allowed shit to take place over the past four years, I could have put out a body of work like how to Fuck? Is this a mixtape? Immediately after the controversy. You get what I'm saying, Boom Trump doll that shit like that's that's like the ship that I done did while being a mainstream artist, Like while I was the most you know what I mean talked about artists in the game. The ship that I was doing at the same time, like I go, you know what I mean, Like I I don't even be trying to bring this ship up like ill whoopingnig Gass on camera to go get on the cover of Billboard magazine the next day. You know what I'm saying, Like all type of ship like this, I'm telling you that I promise you like this shit is puthering record, Like I can't wait to documentary come out. So it's like for me to even you know, for me to even allow myself to get to get tricked in the being in the space the way I feel like you know I'm at the mercy of some motherfuckers who ain't who don't understand me as an artist anyway, because anybody who is a fan of me, they already know it. Ain't nothing I can say that throw them off to the point to where they're, oh, you're a bad person. I'm turning my back and ain't no way. I didn't say it worse. You get how bad did it get? Because on the ALM you talk about of course you talking about the money you were getting five under the show, and it drops, Yeah, how bad did it get? To the point where did you think about? You know what I I to get money. I was finna get my jet. I was finna get all type of shit. I already had it, you know, figured out it. Yeah, I didn't talking about this plenty of times. But if you after fall, you talking about I'm talking about the paper I'm talking about Oh yeah, I ain't talking about the you know, I mean me, the music ain't never went nowhere like I you know, I'm I'm in the demonstrating on the regular. You know what I'm saying. Anytime, like anytime I feel like, you know, motherfuckers got me fucked up when they when they get the the when they get the love and the attension from the media, when they see that shit shift, then they get that shit confused with you know who I am as an artist and what I got to offer as an artist. That's when I get in that more like these niggas got me fucked up. I'm doing this song in this one, I'm gonna pick the hottest songs out and I'm gonna burn them bitches down. You get what I'm saying. And then I just leave everybody and oh you see it, you see it. The shit do twenty million views on damn Instagram. I wouldn't even put the shit out on YouTube, none of that, or I go do it on somebody platform or whatever, and I would just leave it at that. But like I say, that'll all go back to me. Just hold myself accountable because I could apply that same amount of pressure to my own individual work. And that's why I come with this mixtape instead of a three pack or a single. I'm like, fuck that, I want to put a whole tape out. And it went from I mean originally what we was gonna do, bro, we was gonna do what like five six songs. I overnight you know what I'm saying, within like a week, like, man, hell, no, I got fourteen. You know what I'm saying, shots to my team because dyang, hey, they finally like, yeah, nigga, do you know what I mean? They like, do you? So I'm like, no, I got fourteen of them and all this is shit that I just court it. So it's current energy. It's all the way there, and that's the way I prefer to put the music out.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, telling us how bad it got though you said, yeah, got bad, but it ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm dwelling. It ain't nothing. I dwelling all, you know. And I don't really want to speak on that because I'm ready for the start giving me, giving me the five and the fuck you've been past that. I didn't even realize it was four years. They feel like long, long ass time you get you know what I'm saying, long ass time. I didn't have two kids. I had to kids, Like my baby's talking run around, you know, they don't eat. One of my babies don't even know I'm a rapper, Like she saw me on TV. Man, it funked up. It's about daddy. Daddy you got a song the baby to tell her mama like you you ain't told my baby or daddy a fucking superstar with you got going, you know what I mean. But now it's all good man, Like you know, more than anything, man, I'm grateful to be here. And then at the same time, I'm going through so much real ship personally that like I needed that, you know what i mean, because like me, like you know, I'm, I'm, I'm one way, I missed a tonne of it. And like when I got my mind set on something like it's it's it ain't too much at all. It was nothing that was gonna stop me from you know what I'm saying, from getting with my heart desired, you know what I mean. But if that ain't healthy for me, for my mental, for my for my spiritual if that ain't healthy for me, you know, I'm going run into a motherfucking brick wall. You know, it's a downard spiral, and and you know once you once you come up off of that, you know, that's a that's a beautiful space to be in, you know what I mean. And That's where I'm at right now. And I feel like everything hits you at once. Like you know, all that situation happened, But then, like you said, real life issues like free from your brother that happened first what a lot of motherfuckers ain't understanding, like they you know, I was really getting kicked while I was down, you know what I mean, Like niggas ain't even knowing just because of like how you know how I carry it like I'm not. I wouldn't not looking for sympathy. I wasn't looking for none of that, you know what I'm saying. Like so it's yeah, I was hustling to to god damn divert my attention from the real life shit I was going through, you know what I mean. But every year of me being especially in the first two years my most successful, you know what I'm saying, time period in the game, like I took. I took the biggest losses of my life. You know what I'm saying. I lost my father twenty nineteen, right after I dropped, you know what I'm saying, my debut project right after, you know what I mean, month after, and then my brother twenty twenty while I'm the top streaming rapper in the world, you know what I mean, And then the next year, boom the whole big, the whole big cancer culture shit the very next year. So it's boom boom boom, you know what I mean. So I kind of been I kind of been dealing with the bullshit longer than I've been you know what I'm saying out here really doing my thing. So that's why I say, you know, I've really gotten a space to where like I kind of was, you know, just losing my love for the art, you know what I mean, and just and just the sport of you know, putting out music and marketing the music and just all that. You know what I'm saying, All the shit that I do in a in a way that no other artist does it. You know what I'm saying. It was that type of shit. You know, I allowed this bullshit to steal my joy, you know what I'm saying for what I do, and you know that's detrimental to my art, you know what I'm saying. But it's a space that I'm in right now. You know you can kind of see it. It's kind of bleeding through. If you can't, you will soon, you know. They say staying busy as a response to Trump. Absolutely, that's exactly what it was when you lost your pops and your brother. You was super busy doing every man, I flew out when things got a little bit quiet, you had to sit still exactly. That's when I heard, man, look everything everything, and this is where it got quiet and I had to sit still. It was really covid that that was my second show back. So long as that. But that's what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, so that was really like my second show back. So I had I had stayed. I was able to stay busy enough, like when it came to my pops, and not only that, like you know it was. It was a different situation than my brother. You give what I'm saying. But I immediately like I dropped my my debut the second prize. My second album really Baby on Baby was a mixtape, but I dropped my debut album, Kirk. You know what I mean. That went number one. That was an honor of my father. That was my way of carrying the last name. You know, I did that. You know I did that. When it came to my pops, we even had a conversation before he passed away. He you know what I'm saying. You taught me something. You get what I mean, like you you know you you stuck to what you wanted to do. You did it, Joey, you taught me something. Now what's next? So we you know, that situation was a little bit different, you know, and I was able to stay busy enough to you know, navigate through that or whatever. But you know, when you talk about losing somebody to suicide, like that's a different thing. You know what I mean, kids behind who was in your corner during that time, because you know you you're always in somebody's corner. You always reach out to your people who was like you know what, put their arm around you to make sure that you're okay, if anybody like emotionally, like spiritually when it comes to with my brother, just to make sure that you're okay. Shit, nobody, nobody, you know what I mean. Nobody, hell no, nobody who does the go to guy go to right? You get what I'm saying. I'm the I'm the one in this in the corners. You get what I'm saying, Like it ain't no yeah, nobody, you know what I'm saying. And it ain't even expected, you know what I mean, Which ain't that ain't healthy at all? But it's not expected to me like I'm kind of like a lot of people probably attempted to be you know what I'm saying, But I don't. You know, I'm That's just how I'm wired. That's how a lot of you know, black men wired like we don't. You know what I mean, Like we we taught to suck that shit up and keep it moving. You get what I'm saying, Like, hey, bro, it ain't no you know you gotta you gotta deal with the ship. You know what I'm saying. It's put in front of you. You know what I mean. So that's something that I really stand on, and I'm I'm really the one. I'm really the shoulder to lean on more than the person looking to lean on the shoulder. You know what I'm saying, Like I won't even allow it. You know what I'm saying, I don't it gotta be it gotta be equal with me, you know what I mean. I ain't even started this ship. I plan on starting it immediately. You know what I mean. I plan to start. I want to have a conversation with you. You know what I'm saying off the air, You know what I mean, When we get done and just so you can you know what I mean, give me some insight on that and you know, leave me in the right direction. I got an idea of how I want to do it, but I want to get you you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And he says, you wanted it to be like when you do do it, you want it to be publicly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really want to. Yeah, because I want to. I want to. I want to inspire others to you know what I'm saying, do that shit. I want to. I want to make that shit okay and acceptable because I already know what tom it is like, it ain't a nigga. It ain't too many niggas more stubborn than me. Like I didn't Ben, motherfucker's Ben told me do it. Ben told me do it. Ben told me do it. I rock with people. You know, I'm a big fan of this man and the work he do in that space. You get what I'm saying. So I already know what's going on. I'm aware of it. I pay attention. I ain't no stupid nigga at all. But at the same time, like it probably ain't a nigga's stubborn, it's me. Like when it comes to like not accepting sympathy and shit like it's not like I don't. I don't even I don't play like that, you know what I'm saying, Like my mama is cut like that, like she don't you know, when we got ass whoopings as a kid, It don't stop until you til you not crying. She don't. It's it's nigg it's shutting. No, you can't cry. If you crying, she gonna keep whooping. You gotta shut up. You get what I'm saying. And that's her conditioning. You know what I'm saying, These children for this world that they about to go off into, you know what I mean, Because it ain't no love out her, you know what I mean. But even at like that shit ain't okay. That shit that we the motherfuckers need to God damn, you know, we got to learn a different way. And that's why I want to, you know what I'm saying, go through my journey of starting therapy. I want to do it, you know what I'm saying. Publicly, I want to do it in a way the way I really want to do it. I kind of want to spill the beans, you know what I'm saying. But I don't know if you should do that yet. Yeah, I ain't gonna have to start. Yeah, you got a lot of not not as I go, you know what I'm saying. But but I definitely want like like the progress to be you know what I'm saying, I got I got a different players when it come to that definitely of the journey. What do you want to get that? Once I did that on VIA one a live therapy, I regret. Yeah, no, I ain't gonna do it now. It's it gotta be controlled. I gotta be able to take because I can say.
Speaker 2: I did a live therapy session with doctor Jefs on VIACH one more time.
Speaker 1: I like even to let nobody pick me apart like that in front I am. I'm gonna be on that motherfucker like I'm in an interrogation. I was gonna say, I know what to do? What do you want to get out of therapy? Because most people I know when they go, I want to hear man, I want to grow, you know what I'm saying, Like I want and that was always my thing with it. I'm like, man, I ain't about to pay nobody to tell them my business, Like what the fuck I look like, but it ain't. It ain't even that like and really what got me on it? Right? What got me on like, look, I'm about to start therapy I want to do it is me working on my documentary. You get what I'm saying. So I did so much digging, you know what I'm saying, into my past, and I'm calling my mother having conversations with her. I'm asking the questions. You know what I'm saying. I'm calling this uncle, this uncle, you know, and as they telling me these stories and they confirming certain stuff that this jog in my memory like I'm I'm remembering more and more and then I'm oh, what about this whate but and yeah, boom boom, I'm getting answers and I'm like, damn hold on, like hey, we I'm I'm fucked up, you know what I'm saying, Like I'm really you know, it's it's different, and you know, like with this with this smile and even how I came in there. Everywhere I go they do this, do this smile and show your teeth and shit, like you know, it's far more to me than what me style. You know what I'm saying. It's layers to a nigga like me, like it's different, and I know it ain't no different than than just about any other individual. You know what I'm saying, Like we you know, we we kings. We know how the goddamn carrying and and and carry on, you know what I mean. But at the same time, you know these kings need somebody to go to. You know what I mean? For sure? You big up your mom a lot on Remember the name of the record, every record? Damn. Now, I can't stop talking about that woman. I love her. You say, you say, blame her for everything? Like yeah, yeah, yeah, well she is the reason you are. I'm so I'm so confident in myself, you know what I'm saying, Like absolutely a thousand percent. Like she ain't never used to introduce us to nobody, none of this shit without putting the word handsome in front of it. Her email to this day is probably still my three sons, Linda. You get what I'm saying, Like she ain't. You know, we was her pride and joy, especially a baby, especially a baby the one that looked just like her, you know what I'm saying, Like for sure, so definitely, like she the reason why I you know why I don't let nobody. And also the reason why I'm I stand firm on my principles, why I don't really accept sympathy for nobody is you know why I got damn Yeah, she the reason I was raised by a strong black woman, a beautiful one at that. That's why I'm so handsome too. The documentary gave you more appreciation for her, absolutely a thousand percent. I ain't never you know, I ain't didn't know. I wasn't never lacking appreciation with my mom. But it made me. It made me apologize a few times because when I'm thinking, like Mane, you remember when me and and Reed that's my brother. You remember when me and Reed called your job and got the voicemail. We calling this in the nineties, this early nineties. So this when you could pick up the house phone and this room you can pick it up another room. We used to rush to try to call my mama at work. You know what I'm saying. We get home from school. I had a house key at like six years old. By the way, I get off the bus and go let myself in in preschool, you know what I mean. And then that's when you know elementary school be the first ones to get out or whatever. So I was coming in and let myself in the house as a as a pee weeed, you know what I mean? Like crazy to think about what we used to do that for nobody s god, you know, so it's different. These kids don't even know. These niggas got our phones. I get on TikTok. We ain't none of that. I ain't never wrote a little love love of y'all. Let niggas. But how about the door. It wasn't even locked at my grandma house, but I wouldn't yeh, y'all was in there with a knife back in the day. Nig used to have that knife. I don't even think it was going to happen. And I was cooling, Nah for sure, man, but not definitely like I had back to that's that's a funny story. On the ship, isn't with y'all? So we had we went to call my mama. We used to rush to call it from different phones or whatever. Badass little niggas man that ship. Crazy they so this is at her job, got the voicemail. We on there not not realizing that this is a voicemail and just thinking that we on the phone with each other acting like, oh I god, damn uncles and other family members and shit, and we cussing each other out on the phone. Oh boy, like I'm like four, My brother like five or six. He's like a year and a high vote him. So I'm four, he like five. And they know us like she bring us, like I say, we was up pride and dressing to they. Oh no, it's we call every We had to be annoying as hell. We call every day. How can I speak to Linda? Please say hey, Johnna thing? Hey, you know what I mean. Like, so they hear these these boys that they just think so cute and whatever, and they hear us whoever, the manager, whoever came to play that voicemail in the morning. You know what I'm saying, We fuck you, bitch, motherfucker. We don't even know how to cush yet, and shit, so you know, it be bad when the little nigga don't know how to cush you, it be bad. And you know my uncles and shit, man, look it's clock, I'm cut from different So the type shit we were saying, I know, I know, we just embarrassed the hell out of her. Man, And I'm sorry again when you see this, I apologize, you know, and if my kid is ever you know, but we Yeah, she adin't even say nothing. She's just pulled up to the crib. She said, come out, y'all, come in real quick. We thinking, god, damn, she got something for us. I think she closed the door behind us and got damn press play. Oh lord, whooped after we got the phone court that day at the phone court. No no, no, no, no, no, no no. They love my mama. Now how they know she got some badass kids? How are you with your kids? Because I mean, you got to have a bad kid. They gotta be one that's bad. You'd be like, nah, I got like me. I'm a princess maker, man, so you know my twins. She just like me. But she ain't. She's not bad. No, hell no, I ain't. None of my kids really bad. Really my they got second born. She but not with me. You know what I'm saying. She she she handled her mama, but not with me. You know what I mean? Like, yeah, but I don't got no kid. I don't got no kid. As bad as we was, hell no, hell no. It's always the second child that make it make you feel like you don't know what you're doing as a parent, right for sure. Now now, now, my nephew, No, that's why I said the video nephew, to watch him in your videos he has, that's my nigga. Man, he turns seven. He turns seven tomorrow, by the way, you know what I'm saying. But that boy six, you know what I mean, going on on his way? He can I can make him. He already him. He don't remind me of me. Man. He different. I wouldn't. I wouldn't cut like him at his age. Man, when I tell you that boy is different, I wish I could have brought him with me. That boy different. You know what I'm saying. He is different, you know. So he he got the world in front of him. Man, it's for the taken when it comes to him. I'm super excited about seeing him growing and the what he gonna grow into. And definitely I try to do everything I can to lead him in the right direction. But I know the cloth he cut from. I already know what's going on. So it's like I understand it, you know what I mean, I understand it. And with me coming from that cloth and seeing the other side of ship and seeing you know what is possible like and he look up to me like a motherfucker. So, you know, I make it a point to make sure that I'm putting the right things on his mind and I'm sprinkling the game on him and the lessons I learned, so he don't make none of the mistakes that I have made, you know what I'm saying, or try to make it. You know, it's a little bit of mistakes I made as possible because hes gonna have to make some, you know what I mean. But I think he ready for him? Now, how difficult was it to go from the streets to the industry. And the reason I say that is, you know, when you're in the streets, you're getting a fight, you getting to fight, You go home, they go home. But now when you're in the industry, you're getting to fight. They suing you. Man, looking, he's suing the tail off you. I got my licks in before I start getting sued by. I got my licks in. You know what I'm saying. But now, yeah, I don't. Does it make me like scared to put my hands from every absolutely, boy, I'll be a bitch ass nigga. I ain't got time for that. Shit. I just spent up about four million on lawsuits, man, Like four or five millions? Got facts? What's settling out of just fighting them?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Fighting? A lot of that shit be bullshit. And that's one thing about me, Like contrary to popular belief, like I don't put my hands on nobody that don't don't deserve it. You know what I'm saying. When I say deserve it, I ain't saying like, Okay, I feel like you deserve an ass whooping like nah, Like so that's why I don't get charged criminally with nothing like it. Don't you feel me like, I don't you know what I mean, Like I'm gonna like you have to make me do that, you know what I'm saying, Like, I just defend myself. That's all. I just defend myself. You feel see some videos it look like you're just swinging on them. That was a different type of thing, man, That was you know I really that's something I and and that shit that's what That's what rubbed me. That's what rubbed me. And I don't regret it, but that's what rubbed me. Wrong about that situation is because I can't even give context. You know what I'm saying as to why that shit took place like that without opening up a can of worms. You see what I'm saying. And I expect for Bruh to be you know what I'm saying. I expect for him to be a stand up individual enough to know you feel me like that's a thousand percent on him. Bro, know that shit too, But don't come tell me that privately. You get what I'm saying, Like, you know, clear that shit up for a nigga that's out here. You know what I'm saying. That's sacrificing and putting any amount of energy, money, whatever into You know what I'm saying. It's your duty to clear that shit up. But it is what it is at the end of the day. So y'all good now, now it's all good. Yeah, it's straight. One of my favorite songs on the album, is Ain't that a bit? Damn Ain't that a bit? Because I can relate. But one thing you said, you are willing to reconcile with some of these people if they admit they was wrong. You better that's me. But I ain't though. That's one thing about me too, Like I ain ain't. No, I'm only talking about probably like one motherfucker when but I ain't no nigga. You can God damn feel me. It ain't nah because it ain't. I keep it. I keep it real for that, you know what I'm saying, Like niggas, no niggas, no too, and anybody I didn't know niggas, no niggas, no one thousand percent, Like it ain't no. You know, the proof is in the putting when it comes to me, like painting that song, because it's like you do things for people, you help people. Absolutely don't never got about how you help them. Hell no, I ain't gonna say a word, you know what I mean. But but the thing about this shit like with me, like it's really a lot of this ship public record at this point, you get what I'm saying, Like it ain't even I don't even got to talk about what I done did for a nigga, Like I don't got to do that, you know what I mean. So when it comes out of that, it just be like, damn, ain't that a bitch? You know what I'm saying, Like I just leave it right at That's why I came with that song. I feel like that's something everybody got a situation or a particular relationship or something, you know what I mean, along the way and they journey that they and that they can immediately relate to that record.
Speaker 3: You also talk about selling your soul or people trying to get talk about Yeah, people trying to get you to sell your soul in certain situations and you're not doing it. So when you talk about that, like how does that even work? Like people come to you with it's different, like offers opportunities or they.
Speaker 1: Like you talking about some illuminati shit. No, I'm not talking about that.
Speaker 3: I wish I'm talking about different level of money. I'm talking about the fact that I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's simple, Like selling your soul is like it's like if I it's like, if somebody tells you to do something, this doesn't align with your mores and principles. You get what I'm saying, to get to a certain level or to stay here. It's like if they tell you look in order to got them come to be on Breakfast Club, you got to come in here with your ass out. You got to come in here and twork to the music goddamn at the beginning. And if that's not something that aligns with you, with your mores, with your principles, with the way you operate, and you say, hey, yeah, I'm an dode man, this breve I can't hell no, I can't miss this opportunity. You sold your motherfucker soul. Really right, it's that simple. You get what I'm saying. And it ain't that ain't really something I do, but the world of seeing it with me, Like you know, I could have I could have did one or two things and been boy, I'd have been about about the five hundred million mark by now. Facts. Facts, it was four hundred thousand a day for me for the rest of that year, twenty twenty, like four hundreds. We ain't talking about after parties. We ain't talking about any other business relationships that got fucked up through it, you know what I'm saying, Like, we ain't talking about none of the other shit. If I'm just talking about what was already on the calendar, you get what I'm saying. It was Yeah, it was sweet. I was up out of here. I was gonna have that Tyler Perry motherfucker that runway in the backyard. Right. Facts, I wonder what to do when you ever sat back and thought, what was the divine detour because you know, I always say things don't happen to you, they happened for you. Absolutely, What do you think that was? It was? What it was? What we touched on earlier? Man, I really I needed to have my ass sat down and really you know, and really really reflect on not only how far I adin't got them came and appreciate, you know what I'm saying, what I got going on so much more. But I also needed to needed to smoke the clear and I needed I needed to see things clearly. I needed to see what was around me, who was around me? You know what I'm saying, What purposes I'm I'm I'm I'm aiding who I'm aiding and doing the wrong thing. You get what I'm saying. And not only that, like just get and not And I needed to fucking heal and grieve, you know what I'm saying, for once from multiple things, you know what I mean? Like I needed I probably needed to talk to somebody at therapy before I ever even touched the motherfucker michaelphone. Get what I'm saying. But just you know the ship i'dn't been through since then, you know? And And like I say, I'm in a season of accountability, Like I didn't got away with a lot of shit. You know what I'm saying, Like since even since y'all have known me, I didne got away with a lot of shit, So you know that ain't that ain't no way, And if you get away with enough, you would get to thinking, or you would get in the space to where you where you think that ship is really okay. So like I say, like, you know, it was a lot of a lot of changes that need to be made, and I needed to get my personal life in order. You know what I'm saying, Because I'm like, I'm I was a ticking time bomb. And any moment I could have I could have I could have I could have crashed out way way harder. You get what I'm saying. Any moment, at any moment, you get what I'm saying, Like like if it like let's say, like let's say that motherfucking busted ass add it, would it hit me? Let's say, I wouldn't have Uh you know what I'm saying. Another one of environl moments from that show that night. Yeah, I would have jumped out there and punched somebody. I'd have did some punching. You get what I'm saying or whatever, Or it's simple if I walk out the door right now when I feel like i'm you know, I'm threatened or whatever. It's so many different things that could have triggered me in whatever ways that could have led to this shit going way worse than not, you know, leaving me in the space the way I get time to reflect? Do I get time to heal? Do I get time to get my life organized, my business organized? You know what I'm saying? Or why I get time to spend time with my kids? You know what I mean? Stop giving my attention to motherfuckers who don't deserve it, and get more that attention to that My family members, you know what I'm saying, who need me? You know what I mean? My brother kids, you know, my kids, what have you? You know what I'm saying, Like it's so much more to list, it's taller than my last You get what I'm saying. You lot, though, Do you have to change the people around you? Did you see all to switch up on you and people that you thought will family switch up on you? Absolutely? Hey, y'ah with that? The hardest was that the hardest artist family and the people that you thought were your family switch up on you. Was that the hardest thing that's still with the dealing with that. It wasn't hard dealing with that cause I was born into this cut throat shit, right, So like that type shit really ain't like you know, I grew up the environment I grew up in. Man, Like you know, like your family members have got damn steal your shit to help you look for it. You get what I'm saying. It's like that. So it's I'm I'm used to that, and so that's what a lot of motherfuckers don't know, Like when it come to me like that part, I know anybody across you I've been k do that, you know what I mean? That'd be where a lot of motherfuckers are where I had them full too, Like they're think it's sweet they not knowing Like I didn't know already. I didn't. I didn't have that type of shit done to me and in their streets. I didn't done that type of shit, you get what I'm saying. So that part is whatever. The hardest part with it is severing the ties with the motherfuckers who you do like that that particular you know what I'm saying, group and understanding like like that, like really processing that ship, like nigga, you got damn tripping you acting like one of them type niggas you chripping. You know, that's the that's the hardest part to me. But like when anybody I done met through like you know, music or some other shit like that. Man, you don't trust nobody trust my daughter. I trust my daughter. I trust people to beat themselves. Man, at the end of the day, you know, I trust people to beat themselves. And I know a person is I know it's human nature. I know. I know it's human nature to to preserve you know what I'm saying, your own best interest. This is what I know. You know what I mean. So even when people have moments, So when people have you know, that's natural. Like that ain't something I hold against the motherfuckers see those the type of situation like those A type shit like that, I that type shit I can reconcile. But anybody who never who never try to like assassinate a nigga character, you get what I'm saying, like or take money out out my pocket, you know what I'm saying, Or especially motherfuckers who I don't put money in their pocket or you know what I mean, like like you got motherfuckers who would go from goddamn boy, you saved my life. You saved my life. The goddamn you feel me if it's to say they face they goddamn act there. Boy, it's like my nigga, like this shit is like you know it ain't it's black and white, you know what I'm saying. So it's like you got that type shit like I ain't. I don't come up off of that, like I ain't a person you can ever you know, if you come back around me and trust me, boy, you was a fool. I'm like you know right now, like don't it no matter how long, you don't matter how much time I went by, like trying to assassinate my character, playing with my family, playing with my kids, playing in any way that can affect my kids, that type of shit like yeah, I'm on your ass, fox L Like I'm on your ass. I wouldn't even fuck with me and I you know, and I would tell people that like I'm not even I wouldn't even let a motherfucker come back around me like I I still wish the motherfucker the best because I'm not that type of nigga, Like I never needed to you know what I'm saying, like them somebody else like yea for my light to shine bright? You know what I mean. I came in the game, shine shared my light on. Everybody said what happened was done for Vegas. He took a different rock with his journey. You get what I'm saying. And that you know that, like that's one of them, that's a nigga like right now, Like I tell that nigga right now, like you know, I'm happy for him because whatever you're doing now, that's what you want to be doing. That's what you'd rather be doing. I'm that type of nigga. You see what I'm saying, Like I'm that type of nigga. I ain't ever ain't it ain't a nigga and bruh, no, it ain't a motherfucker in this world. It's not another nigga in this world. Let's talking about your daddy, didever. I'm not even gonna say ever because I don't want to wish that for him, but currently and he know he ain't. It ain't no nigga. They want to see him win the way baby wanted to see him win. Y'all know that too. The first time y'all saw me in this Bitch you I had next to Come on, bro, who I had next to me? Every question? I diverted the attention boom to him, every interview, every interview, everywhere I go. I'm gonna it don't matter who I meet, every fan, every fan, every goddamn a taste maker, every person in the industry. When you get done talking to me and everybody wanted to talk to me, I got them. You mess stunning for Vegas and walk off. You know what I'm saying, do your thing. So yeah, bruh, No, did you know that he reached out to me? Okay, you know what I'm saying. Not too long ago he reached out to me. You want to get back with it. But like, I don't necessarily know what he want to do, but he reached out to me. I commend him for that too. But you know, just like I told him, like, bro, that's something you know, that's something you you're supposed to do on the front end. You know what I'm saying, That's something you're supposed to do in the front Yeah, I mean, what may what public the fact that he wasn't Yeah, yeah, yeah, he ain't supposed to let niggas play like that. You get what I'm saying, Like, you ain't supposed to. It don't matter. You're supposed to move on. You ain't supposed to stop for nobody. You ain't supposed to if you, if you in a situation, if you want more, I'm not. And that's the thing about me, and it don't it don't stop with an artist or know whoever, right, cameraman, videographer, whatever. I don't put ceilings on nobody. So if God damn fucking with me, and that's what's gonna happen. If you get around me, you supposed to feel like, boy, I can do anything. That's what I do. You're gonna so when you do. When motherfuckers get the feeling like that, see a nigga that them that in nine eys wants you to play small, that's a fuck nigga. I'm not. I've never been there. I don't fuck with little niggas. I don't fuck with it even in the streets, like I don't fuck with I could have been had even now, like I could come in here and have a one hundred little niggas out there ready to do anything I say. You get what I'm say. I don't fuck with them type of little niggas. I fuck with niggas who who want to got them go do something. Niggas who's like me, who see something and who all it takes for them to see something and then they feel like they can boom, go do it. So like what that being said, Like, I don't put feelings on nobody. So whenever anybody around me, you know, feel like that they can go, they can go further by you know, taking their own path and not you know what I mean, not what I necessarily say. Boy, you should do this, you should do this, you should do that, whether it's working or not. I got them, I say, spreads your wings and I'm not And I'm gonna be the first nigga to clap when you do it. I spent more money on artists than in the scope then spent on me. And that's facts. You know what I'm saying. Honor right here used to tell you, used to remind me all the time you got them, Like hey, bro, like make sure motherfuckers has got them. Great niggas don't do shit like they used to tell me, like, Bro, niggas don't do shit like that. Like I'm I'm cash eighty thousand dollars for niggas videos. You know what I'm saying. Before anybody even know this, mother like a motherfucker can go from goddamn god, damn a motherfucker could have been got damn homeless the day before your ass. We taking the jet to this spot to shoot your video like this, You shooting a video with the same quality, the same the same production value is my videos. And I'm the I'm the hottest artist in the world right now. You get what I'm saying. If I'm going this place, I'm going to this award showing me had your ass right here. Every person I talk to, boom boom, that's where you Yeah, that's where you first messed up. So you know the difference like when it come to like artist like stunning, you get what I'm saying, And other motherfuckers. He for a for a period of time, he did the damn thing. He did what I wanted to see him. Do you get what I'm saying. He went out and got them and did his thing. You know what I'm saying. For whatever period of time that he did do it. Like I remember, I remember it was certain motherfuckers. We had certain motherfucker like they'll want to work with him just as much as me. And that's what that was the goal. That's what the nigga wanted. You get what I'm saying. But for other motherfuckers who see that and like, I'll never be a lick. I ain't never been a successful lick. Like, it ain't gonna happen. You might think, you might think it's got them going there, but shit, ask Aryan bumping to these motherfuckers and ask him how I end up going or just look, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, yeah it ain't. We know how. Yeah, I ain't talk about like responding that way, but I'm just saying like, yeah, it ain't not and not even though push up. It's just like like I do. I do things righteously at the end of the day, even when I get on a nigga ass, even when I put my And that's why I make it through these ships. That's why I got them overcome any of these obstacles, because if I got them do something, I did it righteously, whether if it's whether if it's got them something it's considered good or if it's something, if it's or if it's got them. If I kill a nigga, I did it righteously. You get what I'm saying. So I'm going home. I ain't even tripping and I'm got them. I'm like this all I'm like, I might suck my thumb like my dog. I'm sleeping some motherfucking good because I'm not doing nothing that I ain't supposed to be doing. At the end of the day. Troumble that comes with that too, And you've had to do that, you had to defend yourself. Yeah, I'm sure there's some trauma that comes with that. Like you know, my man shock and say kol he did nineteen years you know for a situation that went wrong. Yeah, a drug dealing. He always says, like there's out of night that he was in there that he didn't think about. See he went to jail. That trauma come from jail.
Speaker 2: Why you you said it came from taking the person's life too, even though it was in defense, even though self defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't selling no drugs. God damn. When when it happened with me, I was I was shopping for baby clothes, so you know, I don't you feel me? But of course you know anytime somebody, somebody life is lost, you know it, whether whether whether knowingly or not, you know it probably definitely got some type of effect on you feel me. But like I say, like I operate righteously, you know what I'm saying, everything I do, so I'm okay with whatever results I get from that. Now, if I'm doing something unrighteously, which I don't do, that ain't even how I'm rocking. I don't even gotta do that. But I'll do something unrighteously, the hell yeah, that shit will hunt me every single day, you know what I'm saying, Like, like it it bothered me more that I'm letting motherfuckers play that I'm settling with what I got to offer as a as an artist, as a person for two years. That type of shit to hunt me more than you know, doing something righteously and it going you know what can be damn bucking beast always is you know, uh, the wrong way. It's all those situations feel like it brought it on, Like it's like people wanted to test you because they wanted to see, well, let me see how how how tough the baby is. Let me see if he's gonna try to swing on me. Let me see. I don't even think it was the tough ship. I think it was the contrast with me, like the fact that like, like I'm so animated, right, and I could be I'm so I could be so entertaining, and then I'm I'm not on tough guy ship, like I be chilling, like I'm not too cool for myself. I'm not too tough for myself. Like you gotta think when I switched my fucking name, I wore a diaper to market the new name the baby. You get what I'm saying, Like I had a glock twenty three inside that bitch. So it's a difference, like you ain't You're not gonna, you know, like it would have been fell off. But bro, you know it's I think it's the contrast and just the fact that like then, like niggas ain't you know that's how this ship go out here brou at the end of the day. So I don't really you know, I take it. I take it, you know, with a grain of soft situation by situation, you you play with this ship, you know, it's Hey, it is what it is, you know what I'm saying. But it ain't but me knowing that like it don't me knowing where I take it ain't enough for me to got there walk around like these niggas and be on. Goddamn this type of time. Hell no, I be got damn smiling doing the TikTok with my daughter. You bring your ass over she know, bring your ass over here playing she gonna get to looking like boy, she don't. God damn you see it, like mother, get the plan and put like I'm with my with my kids right now, Bro, they doing all that? She what's up?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: You rooted. I'm with my daughter right now, you know what I mean, not right now? And they get to and they and they ignore the warning, the you know what I'm saying, They look my baby. I God damn Jay look okay. You know so I think even that got a lot to do with while niggas, you know what I'm saying, Like they got to test it, you know what I mean, Like that's what people do that and I come from that too, Like it's that's just culture period. Like when it comes to the streets, like you see a nigga. I remember seeing like an interview with Biggie before, like you see the nigga, especially my city or whatever, and I come from that, like from the Carolina, like we're from the Carolina's like this ain't niggas, ain't the nigga is own. It's fucked that nigga. You know what I'm saying. And I'm the only one you see what I'm saying. So it's I've been up against all that shit for me to even be able to navigate through that and survive and make it up out of Charlotte, Like that's yeah, that ain't you know? That's not normal That I was already conditioned for that shit. So that's why I can get it can get viewed as arrogant the way I do navigate through situations or deal with them as a mainstream artist, because they not knowing, like in my city. That's why it still ain't been another nigga after me, because you gotta you gotta have a certain type of goddamn skin. You know what I'm saying. You gotta have tough skin to come from where we're from. You know what I'm saying. You got to So I was already conditioned like I'm not. I really ain't trusted when niggas got the you know what I'm saying, showing me all that love, I ain't. That's why I ain't come in on noboddy, but this ship, you know what I mean. So that's why I when to go left, Like I don't got a thousand industry friends where I'm like, God damn, bro, what I wasn't trying to man, I'm like, what we doing music? Because all that god damn trying to fake kick and ship and I know what that's about. I ain't. I'm just waiting to burn you. When you said all I'm doing, you say you sleep good? It's interesting too. I'm even thinking about when dude trying to come on your property. Oh yeah, shoot up, yeah he was Arn was there too, was listening to the project.
Speaker 3: When you said that. I didn't even remember that.
Speaker 1: I'm talkingout wal was the whole deer.
Speaker 3: I was talking about the house thing because I remember that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't, you know, but yeah, things like that have happened. You're not bringing it on your just boom just moved forward, you know what I mean. But like that's what I'm saying, like and see him like, that's I do things righteously. I got out there, I've been waiting for somebody to come to the crib. That's I could have listening to the app. We would have went platinum. That was the that was the comeback. That was my kid, that was my se in terms, and that's what I'm saying, Like babies are but when I my babies would have if any one of my kids would have been there, I'd have took that nigga whole face off and then went live for y'all. The fact that.
Speaker 3: People even know that you're always with your babies, why was like just to interer someone's home that way is just insane.
Speaker 1: Like I did, like I was proud of myself. And like going back to what I say, like, that's what I'm saying, like I do things righteously, Like like when I get out there and I see, wait, this nigga ain't no threat. This nigga is a This nigga is a slow fan. This nigga is a slow fan. Not to mention the nigga had on leggings with gold stars on them. Damn when I popped his ass. The nigga that was out there, women say, now, shut up, nigga. What you I said? Shut up first? Then you got to shut up? What you come here for? What you come here for? He said, I came to sing. The nigga had like one of them little drawstream book bags. You know what I'm saying. Soon as I pop them, I get them. You know, I neutralized them. See these are the words he uses, these words. Yes, he's neutralized until you get here. You give what I'm saying. I'm patting him down, went through the bag because this is how I'm gonna know what you here for. You know what I'm saying, this bitch, I see the nigga had a pack of beef jerky. God, I thought you were gonna say baby or ad some some wrong. I popped his ass. He because what you're doing? What you coming here for?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I ain't even know nothing. We ain't doing none of that. I don't get you out of here right now. You ain't nobody else. We ain't doing that. But the nigga had a pack of beef jerky. It was halfway eating. The nigga had some uh what the nigga had a pack of beef jerky, A little bag of bullshit ass weed a little bit of weed man probably about a probably about probably about a gram and a half a weed, uh whatever. He rode the weed in a pack of back was and uh an. I d a college idea school. I d for New York School of the Arts. And in this picture he just so inter before somebody getting shot. Somebody got to get shot. I got to let you know when you cross that gun line, your ass getting shot, because I can't even have people thinking this ain't showing tell around this bitch. It's dangerous. It's like, well move, Foster told some but don't take your ass over there. You see what happened when he went over there. So somebody got to get somebody got to get it. He went over there the niggas and kill Mouf Foster. You see what I'm saying. So it's like, boy, you got to know it's it's consequences and repercussions when they come to this. But I was so proud of myself of how I handled that because when I see it, I say, wait, this nigga seem for real like and he had a notepad. I said, this nigga sing he couldn't have and he had don't like the shoes I think they call like Tom's. They like the shoes that that the that the Karate kids be wearing the ship, but they really jailed shoes. They give them in jail down there. So I'm like, this is in a Carolina Panthers hoodie and some gold leggings, the you know, black leggings with the gold stars like all over them, like step and repeat that tight the shimmery start. No leggings like the ones you wear, the one they had on the ghetto bitch leggings, the ones that set the beauty supply store. I swear to God, I say, wait a minute, I say, hm, the ones that when they put their hands on the knees, thank you, I said, I said, I said, this is a setup. I said, either this is a setup or this nigga. I knew he was slow, because you got to be slow to even be back here. You But I'm like, okay, this nigga, this nigga slow, and you know he's not a threat, you get what I'm saying. But I had already neutralized them, you know, first, just to make sure I didn't get out there and he didn't harm me or anybody that was on my property at the time, you know what I mean? And then you know, I told him come get this nigga up real quick. He bleeding on my turf, you know what I'm saying. And it turned so proper. I had to neutralize it. I had to neutralize it until you got to stream him to please come get this guy off my lawn because I loove that and shout out to them. You know they ain't not the black dude that pulled up because he he's Uncle Tom. He pulled up, Shut up, go stand over there. I said, what the fuck you talking to nigger? You lucky I ain't killed this bitch ass nigga. Nigga, Harry up, I said, Harry up, get him now. I'm mad. You get what I'm saying now, I'm you know what I mean, because he came like what you're doing? Bro? Like nigga? I called you. I just had to open the gate for you. Bro. You ain't even you couldn't even get in y'all at the gate beeping the horn and ship was on your side. I just let you in while you come over here and think, did you hear the phone called nigga? Like? Why you think the niggas that nigga is my ship. Why you think the one standing here is nigga? Help him? That's what I called you folk. I didn't call and say somebody's in trouble. That ain't a call you got. I said, somebody shot, hurry up and get them. Why y'all niggas got that baby or sitting there like that. Man, y'all niggas, we're not gonna demon baby oil been good. Du y'all got ship everywhere and they had a niggas crazy. We used to be signed to revolt. Okay, y'all see y'all on that bullshit. Y'all on that bullshit. But yeah, man, you know, speaking of all that to say I do things righteously. So that's a that's a prime example because that wasn't nothing but a but a free a free kill, you know. And I could have went platinum the next day with the with the type of negative ship and the ship that this world gravitates towards and that type of ship. So that's that's proof in itself that, like, you know, I don't I don't exploit like these types of situations when they do go that way, because then that would that would be me doing it, you know, unrighteously, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And the Vice President of the United States of Americas that she owned guns and if somebody breaks in their house, they're getting shot.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, especially in the South. We ain't you know I'm from the South. I want I want to ask you about Hollywood Freak, No love, Hollywood free because it made me think, like, what's what, What's what's more enjoyable Hollywood freak or seven o four ratchet seven o four ratchet in Hollywood Freaks weird than a bitch. I can bouch, I can foun a nice yeah, a nice ghetto thing. But you also said you hate a nice chick. You got hate a nice chick. Now, when I say a nice ghetto thing, I don't mean a nice No, I mean like nice.
Speaker 3: I mean like built nice, you know, just just nice, but not like nice, like friendly.
Speaker 1: Not friendly because hated nice. So you don't want the chick that got manners and you went with me, but fuck everybody else except me and your dad, So.
Speaker 2: You don't want her to be friendly with other people, is what you're saying. Fuck No, I see what you're saying. I feel it ain't about that.
Speaker 1: I don't got ops. You I say, I don't got too many opps out here, but you know I got shots. Like I'm at the bar, I don't got ops, but I keep shots plenty of How the listening doing all this stuff you faced? Man, I just want to know you always appear confident. It's wrong in public, but I wonder if you projected that confidence as a way to convince yourself that you weren't going through what you were going through absolutely thousand percent not and not even you know, absolutely, I don't even got no fucking no, no run around when it comes to that, A thousand percent for sure. And that's like what that's that's a that's a problem that I feel like, you know, a lot of black men in particular have like this is what we literally gotta do, you know what I'm saying, Like it ain't nobody else to where. Okay, you get pulled over, God damn it, you know what I mean. The nigga want to shoot you off the rip, you know what I mean. So it's like we been conditioned to be like this for them for so long. I'd even get too revolutionary, you get what I'm saying. But it's like it's a real thing, like I didn't you know, I didn't been I didn't have police. Goddamn try to kill me several times, you know what I'm saying. Like felt it like, oh, these niggas finna kill me. Like when you when you already got four five niggas on you probably was about six, and they still saying, stop resisting, giving me your hands and they already about to break your arm. It's like, nigga, hold on, you already got them. Like what you tell You know what's going on? You get what I'm saying. When they shit start moving in slow motion, you know something gonna happen, You know what I mean. So it's like, yeah, I'm you know, so many, so many different scenarios and situations, but just me just being a black man who stand on morals and principles. Period, I'm in danger every second I step out the door. And I can't show weaknesses. I can't. You feel me. I'm conditioned to believe that I can't show weaknesses because as a like man, they prayed upon. Like the second I feel like I showed vulnerability as an artist, I saw it get prayed upon. You get what I'm saying. Like from them from everywhere, you know what I mean, from the media to everybody, Like I saw it and I'm like, oh, niggas got me fucked up, Like they don't you know what I'm saying, Like I really don't. You know, it's really this way. But at the same time, you know, that's just that's another in anover ending process to navigate through. You get what I'm saying. And I think the best way to navigate through any process is gracefully. And that's what I'm on, you know what I mean, instead of being combative with the shit or whatever, like that shit takes too much energy and the person like me I can easily be consumed with that shit. You know what I'm saying, Like I got I started making music for the haters, Like what the fuck am I doing? Right? I started making music to where I'm only addressing these bitch ass niggas that I feel this way about. I'm tripping They not, They're not the ones who buy it. You get what I'm saying. I see them fans say, damn niggas, you got them, showing them more loveding than us. We want to got them, you know, we shit, we the ones that love you. So it's like, you know, and and everybody, like be careful anybody whatever it is that you do, Like don't get tricked in the you know what I mean, Like allowing your purpose to become proven the hater. I done, already did that, Like it ain't nothing a hater can take from me. You did. You know what I'm saying. It's nothing a hater can take from it. You gotta come take something from it. It's hard to take. That's it. You get what I'm saying. But other than that, like, you know, don't get lost in the sauce. I got lost in the sauce. I'm really enough to say that got lost in the sauce and allowed myself to goddamn get tricked out of my position. I'm to hold myself a thousand percent accountable for that shit. And I'm glad you started the baby kids. Absolutely, other people don't get lost in the soul. Absolutely, in no way, shape or form in the first in line. Absolutely, bru, That's what I'm saying. Like that, That's something I've been I've been advocating, you know what i mean, like for the past two weeks, Like I need this shit. So it's like when people say, you know what, it's something that I need. You know what I mean. I'm a crown ass man and I know you know, I know me at at this age could have utilized this program. I know my nieces can need this shit. I know my nephew, I know any people, bro, plenty of millions of people around the world, you know what I mean. And that's what I started the Baby Carriers for a shout out to Tammy for helping me take that all the way up through that. It's something I've been wanting to do, you know what I'm saying, But now I can do it like on a large scale, and I love the recognition that it's getting because it's I can already see it, you know what I'm saying, drawing people in the I already know what time I'll be seeing these niggas copy every goddamn thing else I do. So hopefully, you know what I mean, niggas get the goddamn you know, hopefully a light of fid somebody else to your Absolutely, bro, I saw.
Speaker 3: You said on Sway the baby had to sit down so that you could take care of Jonathan. Absolutely, what does taking care of We talked about all the other stuff right, but like where you are right now, you seem like you're in a very different mental space. What is taking care of Jonathan?
Speaker 1: I mean shit, it's really all this shit I'm doing collectively, Like number one is Number one is holding myself accountable so I can identify the things that I do need to tend to. You get what I'm saying, rather than god damn diverting shit and deflecting shit, you know what I'm saying and blaming it on this or this. Man, I'm going through this because of this, because of that, Like nah, like I done did plenty of ship ahead of time that it even got people to even think about, you know, placing me in this type of box. You know what I'm saying. So I got to hold myself accountable for these things. But it's it's just moving better, you know what I'm saying, And and and getting organized, getting on top of my business, getting on top of my personal life. You know, I'm I'm being Jonathan be in the gym now, you know what I'm saying. Hold on, I ain't been in three for this. While I would have beat out, I thought you would have asked me that ship I do need that because I was I do need that. I can really come home with some of that. I'm not fucking with you on this baby or ship, but nah, I mean and and you know, and taking care of the people. They but I ain't been in there like three four days, so this really, you know, this ain't even you know what I'm saying. I don't want get you in trouble. She's single as a mother. Okay, you said you want to take care of Jonathan. No that's not my god, You're not doing this. You want to take care of Jonathan?
Speaker 3: Can we move on?
Speaker 1: We are not doing it? Can we play a joint album? I would love introspective? We want to play one of the radio joints. What you want to do? I like, I like, ain't that a bitch? But then I like, I think fact can go for the radio. Fat is definitely the radio jump Fat. I already knew what Fat was. I really could have just came with that as a single, but I'm like, nah, they gotta get the person, you know what I mean? Just do both? Ain't that a bit? If you know, if the opportunity presents itself, I won't turn it down. We can do both, right, now, I appreciate you for joining us, appreciate y'all having me bro time. It's always a pleasure to be in the room with y'all, you know what I mean. Whether it's here or they're everywhere, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's the baby wake up in the morning, the breakfast Club.