Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, Demontre Moore, and new Eat scrugs from.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, It is awesome to see you. Welcome to the Players, but the happiest place on earth, the Star in Frisco, where it's Cowboys season. Everybody Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys, and we are joined by three former NFL players talk football today.
Speaker 4: I got Anthony dor Set in the howse tray more, that's me the Texas A and m mac love it man.
Speaker 5: I got sure too many the.
Speaker 4: Thread count right there. Help, I got donate today.
Speaker 6: My wife let me come out of the house and look nice.
Speaker 4: Married Church in the house certified. Thank you Arab baby, Arab man?
Speaker 6: He can I can you throw the oops? I can get you stuff looking. Hey, bro, my go to daily loop always.
Speaker 5: I brought a new air up in here. They told me you can't wear that one. You better put that one on.
Speaker 4: Put that thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know what that got us. But he speaking of thread That's what I said. You see how you trying to introduce yourself. Slow missed the molti emmy dressing with the navy blue. Good, that's what boy.
Speaker 5: Put that orange wanting to bring out them them colors in the skin.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 5: You look good? You look good.
Speaker 4: Brother's peach Daddy me each my brother to cut we work off the purple and standable. Prince love purple, prince love peaching black. So okay, I like what you're doing.
Speaker 6: Look good, look good.
Speaker 4: MADDI spent the media today talk Toledo Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Yes, look at it. Let's go.
Speaker 3: And by the way, okay, just to our listeners, no very church in Toledo Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: And was it last week?
Speaker 3: We asked Church to bring in something Toledo anything wearing had got a shirt and nothing, I mean nothing.
Speaker 6: I got you all them nothing tomorrow, I got you.
Speaker 4: I think That's what I'm saying before. He doesn't have a newer. I don't have prof That's what it did gott to. Wek new there, but I'm sure body, I mean, I brought in more Toledo than this exactly. I got you. Don't where I got y'all I got y'all gotcha.
Speaker 3: So Toledo Hall of Famer Barry Church and Toledo Hall of Famer Cawboy's defensive coordinator Matt Even the meeting today and talking about well, they're still working to find an identity and changes he said will be subtle. Quote, whenever your performance has been inconsistent or not to the standard, you look at everything. Nothing is off the table. Keep working. The solutions are in the room.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: So if nothing is off the table, if nothing is off the table, we're we're throwing everything we have at this dark board. You you would think they would try to put a little bit more man into the situation.
Speaker 4: Like we all understand.
Speaker 7: Like zone coverage, I mean, that's that's his that's his staple piece, that's his you know, he loves to have everybody vision on the quarterback. He believes that's you know, how you get turnovers in the secondary. And I get all that, but we've seen it's a six week sample size right now. Zone it ain't really working when you come to this defense right now. I understand it would be a lot better if you had a pass rush. I get all that, but the zone ain't really working right is that all that's all they be. It's in the stats bro that that it's hundred it's like ninety eighty five ninety percent zone, So it's it's a huge sample size of zone.
Speaker 4: So you would think maybe a little bit more Man might might a little.
Speaker 5: Anyone asked for me, you hit what you say in the beginning of that though the rush okay, got past, and I get it, I get it.
Speaker 6: But but right now that the rush zone at work, what about the coverage like the customers, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's been your philosophy.
Speaker 6: I feel like the few times that it has been man like, it's been bombs over bad Dad, but.
Speaker 7: We know it's been bombs over back Dad with zone like. That's that's that's that's that's an known fact right now looks like.
Speaker 5: Man within the zone, man to man or whatever dang covering they've had. And and I haven't I haven't seen the numbers that you've seen it. So you know what the rate of you know, zones compared to man is. But at the end of the day, it's still boils down to you making the play man.
Speaker 4: Now, that's facts.
Speaker 5: That's it still boils down to that and your pride as a player too as well.
Speaker 3: So Nick, Nick Harris before we'll start telegram tweeted out a picture of the dB group and he says, uh, you know practice today that started.
Speaker 4: The corners were running through man press techniques. There we go, there we go. Maybe just switch up the philosophy.
Speaker 5: That's what I was out there Washington, and they something else.
Speaker 4: So Trayvon Diggs is you.
Speaker 6: Know, I hope it works. Asked for this, he asked for he.
Speaker 4: Brought it up, and.
Speaker 5: Can they do something? All right? And you you know, like I know, okay, if you want to play man and Diggs likes to play a lot of press man too as well. Diggs is a long corner who never actually uses his hands when he gets impressed man, and he and and he never touches anybody you're defeating. You're taking all of your your great intangibles away from what from from game, all right, And then you get down there and you want to turn everything into a foot race, and you're clearly not as fast as a lot of these guys are. So well, and I've seen dudes. I played with a guy named Chris Dishmond who was never a fast corner and I watched what he would do it to Jerry Rice or anybody that came up against him. So when your technique is pure, he'll tell you, like, I know your technique is pure. It can't be stopped.
Speaker 4: Was a street fighter too, hey boy?
Speaker 6: He was, he was.
Speaker 3: He was a technician, toll you. But he mixed it up with you, Chris. He was not exactly he was street fighting now that one boy he got down.
Speaker 4: Yes, facts and so all day long for you.
Speaker 5: And so I'm old school with it, you know what I'm saying. Like what it boils down to, It's like, Okay, I might not want to play this, but this is what I got to play right now. This is what's called. And so for me, I got to do with what you know. It ain't about me. I can't play for me. I gotta play for us.
Speaker 3: What us is doing right now is giving up two hundred and ninety six five yards game, dead last in the NFL when it comes to passing. That is what the Boys defense is doing right now, giving up thirty point seven points a game, thirty first in the league. So what they're doing and trying to look at different things on the table, you know, good because what they've been running has been embarrassing. When you're getting drilled and the offense is doing its part. The offense is averaging twenty nine points seven games. If somebody runs out there thirty points you in this league, you should be able to win these games, and they're not.
Speaker 6: Is it more?
Speaker 7: Did we put what's the onus? We're putting on the players? That's what I was about to say, the percentage you're putting on there.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna say this. I set up in here and I listen, see y'all big up coach Eberflus.
Speaker 4: For weeks he is see that, he that he gonna listen, he gonna do this.
Speaker 5: He goes now now yeah now it's like y'all don't even look at him the same way.
Speaker 6: No more. Right now, I did say that that that might be him, But I've been saying for a weekend and week out, like you said, it's the players. Like I still stand by what I said by ebra Flus. He's smart, he's gritty, he's gonna do what he needs to do. And even then he's still a team guy. Like if he's not a man guy, but he's sitting here saying, hey, I'm gonna run a little bit of man, I'm going to incorporate this. I'm going to try to switch up the terminology and maybe do one worded cause like he's a people of the man but trying to stay up here to his own values and stuff like that. And in a sense, you're handcuffing him just so he can keep the locker room or keep the players. You're doing all this and changing yourself. So for me, I still stand by Flutes. He's doing what he's been doing right now. Schematically wise, he's there. But like you said, it's the players. Like when you ask what is the percentage, I'm gonna say it's seventy thirty players. Like when it comes to players out here, yes, schematically, some people got to put us in the system. But if you're smart enough, you go out there, you work hard enough, you're gonna make a play eventually going to get there. And that's why I say I don't care about playing a little bit more. Man, I don't care about the blitzes and the past rush is like, yeah, you do that, but in a sense close this door and say, hey, defense, when are we going to play? And I don't see that from nobody. All I see is excuses.
Speaker 5: That's all I'm here.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, pride, where's the pride at?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 4: You gotta play for the minute the name on the back of your jersey.
Speaker 3: So they are trying to do something as they get ready to host the Washington Commanders here. The Commanders are three and three football team. The Cowboys are two, three and one. I sent you guys the listed. The Cowboys have the toughest schedule the rest of the way. Okay, Cowboys, it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 3: I had the toughest schedules the rest of the way. The Cowboys are one, Minnesota is two, Philadelphia is three, Washington is four, the Giants are five, and the Cowboys are facing all of those teams. They got games against two. One game in December on Sunday night football against Minnesota. Don't they're going to keep it another game against Phillity. They that quick, They're gonna wait.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 4: I got to ask Hall of Famer since I worked there.
Speaker 3: First off, they do everything they can and not flex. The Capital Cowboys a great range.
Speaker 4: But come December, between Minnesota.
Speaker 3: And the Cowboys, if there are no hopes of playoffs, they're gonna get off of it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: If there's a chance a sniff that a player that oh they're technically still in it, they will do the best they can. They did that one year and the Cowboys are still kind of hanging on by a thread. Played the games and the Cowboys got out of it. But you know, they got the ratings. So the Cowboys give fantastic ratings, win, loser, draw. But Minnesota without your boy McCarthy possibly not being there, if it's Carson Wentz and is and it's going down here, wait to see.
Speaker 4: But I just just Inmber fourteen, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: It's it's a strong possibility at this point in time, I would say it's a strong possibility.
Speaker 6: Is it more predicated off of the Cowboys or like say, Minnesota's.
Speaker 4: And Cowboys, it's the cat.
Speaker 5: If Minnesota could be not win another game, as long as the Cowboys keep winning, it's still going to be on TV.
Speaker 3: Basically, as long as the Cowboys are in the playoff hunt, they're going to do what they can to air the game.
Speaker 4: That is what that that is what they do.
Speaker 3: And then if the Cowboys are good and they've got any reason to put flex the Cowboys into a Sunday game like one year when they.
Speaker 4: Faced Jameis Winston Company.
Speaker 3: And then the Bucks were still in it, and the Cowboy they added a fifth one, uh, the fifth fifth postseason, I mean a fifth on because you're only allowed three on Sunday Night football. But they yeah, they kicked in a fourth when and then the Cowboys made the playoffs and that was on NBC. So it's five NBC games and so they yeah, so flex flex, you can do whatever you want. Know, when the regular season comes out, when they release their schedule, you're not gonna see a team on more than three. That's your limit. But come flex time, they get to nbccts to do what they want. And if the Cowboys are good, they go get them because the ratings are always there. Love them or hate them, they bring ratings. They're like raw is war. Okay, they go, they put them up there, they're they're fine. And but December right now, I would tell you I'd be might be at twelve o'clock this.
Speaker 4: Week though, But but this week you gotta get this dumb this, will you?
Speaker 6: But do you believe how much do you believe it?
Speaker 4: They got it? They gotta they gotta change. No no, no, no, I gotta anybody got everybody.
Speaker 3: Let's hold that thought because technically it is true. It is National Football League when we come back. How strong just mister Church believe believe against Washington. And also are some early odds on the m v P Defensive Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Offensive Rookie Year, defensive Rookie office Player, come Back Player of the Year. Little's dive into that too well. A lot to get to here on the players Une. Brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: Dude is.
Speaker 8: Crownroyal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a prown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb.
Speaker 4: L e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 9: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus.
Speaker 4: Because every deal needs a playmaker, Your order will.
Speaker 9: Include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: Back to the players.
Speaker 6: Lounge Cowboys Nation. Head to the Miller of Lighthouse at at and T Stadium for a free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Watch the Dallas Cowboys face off against the Broncos in Denver on Sunday, October twenty sixth. Doors open at too Yes you heard it at two, but remember kick off is at three twenty five, so don't be late. Enjoy a performance by the DCC cheerleaders, swipee free samples, Yes, five dollars, Miller Lights, you heard it and much more. Claim your free tickets at Dallascowboys dot Com. Slash Watch Party.
Speaker 3: That is Demartremore Ladies is Jobs for Texas A and and Maggie Great Anthony do former NFL player by Church from NFL Player.
Speaker 4: Of New Scrugs. She brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming here.
Speaker 5: All right, that's the way you be saying.
Speaker 6: It's the way you say what icy I had. I had a debate with my mom the other day about that. I was like, man, I used to always ask you to go get an icy and she said, no, son, it's a slurpy And I'm just like, bro.
Speaker 5: That's why you ain't never get it. That's why she said, she get it for you.
Speaker 6: Man. She used whatever I mean, I was, what do he said? Damn if you do, Damn if you don't. This is what it is.
Speaker 3: Though, Yes, you prefer slurpy m m. Yeah, that was great, Dallas, Dallas Cowboys. Know who the sponsors are, yes, indeed, know who the sponsors are. Got to do that's what you gotta do. That's what's what you do.
Speaker 4: Man, Church, Mister Church had something. What's more settled with exactly. It's just like, I don't know what you guys talking about something. Church. You were saying something before the break.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was saying, yeah, man, confidence in this week's game, Dallas Cowboys Washington.
Speaker 4: Commanders, and you get it.
Speaker 7: You are getting well if you know everything works all in practice, you're getting CD Lamb back into the bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a picture of CD and Shotty together. He was out there doing this thing, running around to all that good stuff.
Speaker 7: So you're getting CD Lamb back to an already explosive offense. This is another week with Tyler Smith back in the lineup, all right, So the offsive line is jelling once again.
Speaker 4: They so you know, I mean, offensively, I'm not worried about it. Defensively, you know, you're going against.
Speaker 7: Jaye Dames, one of the most dynamic quarterbacks in the National Football League. There are also reports out there that they may get scary Terry McClory back into the lineup. He's missed the past three games, but we all know how that is with rust and all that good stuff. Overall, my confidence level on the Dallas Cowboy was winning this ball game.
Speaker 4: Brown seventy five eighty percent.
Speaker 7: Seventy five eighty You don't I even believe that they're not They're not stopping the.
Speaker 4: Coda Rane, Prescott, ce Lamb, George Pickings.
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 4: But they gotta shut I hope you hit They're gonna win. To shoot up.
Speaker 6: You said if they have to shoot out. You forgot to mention about those two running backs back there that's.
Speaker 4: Doing there, talking about the ones I was fumbling last week.
Speaker 6: You're talking about you're talking about the defense that over here. Maye Brees Hall like, if you don't want to.
Speaker 4: Wee what you do that, you're gonna be firing out.
Speaker 6: We'll come back out there, come back eighty eight and out the gate.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's not like therese some scrubs over there, those young up and coming guys that are learning from them. Wins Man as I said, effishing efficient.
Speaker 4: Worried about his pocket. That's why you know he don't want to come out of his podcast.
Speaker 7: So what what's your confidence? And the Commanders winning this ball game? And this this Commander's team winning this ball game coming up. I'm gonna do the opposite of what you said.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you're eighty percent leaning towards George Washington.
Speaker 6: I am, unfortunately, because it's not the offense, like you said, it's the defense that we're all worried about. Are they gonna come out, are they gonna make adjustments? And then for you to just switch something. So abruptly and say hey, I'm letting it know we're gonna be doing Man, I'm asking, are you really doing this or are you trying to fake them out? So, yes, I'm worried about the defense. But most importantly, besides we know the big X factor is the defense. I don't care what you say. I'm worried about this offense. The office is doing what they've been doing. But to incorporate another superstar, are you gonna force feed them? Like? What is this dynamic's gonna look like? Right now? Your number one guy that has been holding you down is obviously before he does what he does. But the number one weapon see or has been picket How is that gonna look for that? So for me, that makes me a little nervous. Are they still gonna be as potent? Because now when you're trying to force feed somebody, it's like, hey, you're taking away from the guy with the hot end and trying to get this guy that's coming off of injury first week back against another offense that you're saying, hey, we're going to do a shootout with You know how it is when you get behind that eight ball.
Speaker 3: So it's basically a darn near tossile game with Vegas has this right now. So what's the spread or the one I've seen is a point and a half for Washington's. But it's it's fluctuates spending on who you go to ceedee. Lamb's coming back. Talked to Tyler Booker earlier this week. Right guard he's expected.
Speaker 4: To be back.
Speaker 6: He didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the injury be fort right now. He didn't practice yesterday, so.
Speaker 3: He said, leave it up to the training staff, and so he's he could be back. He talked about turping. Jerry's already cleared them off. You already and Tuesday, Tuesday, doctor j Let everybody know, you know, expecting.
Speaker 6: Game is right, he said, all hands on deck. I don't care.
Speaker 4: So this is the you guys know the division game here, This is a division game.
Speaker 6: Gotta win the game at home. Uh.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys have played good here, you know, they have played well.
Speaker 3: Beat beat Russ Wilson and the Giants in overtime, took Micah and company on Sunday Night Football in the overtime.
Speaker 4: So here, okay, so far they'll be in the game. They're gonna be in the game.
Speaker 3: And at this point in time. You kind of look at the Carolina game. If this bad defense, if you can just hang around here in the fourth quarter, see what you can do.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're gonna be You're gonna be at the game too. No, you ain't gonna beat there. You said they it's a lot of people gonna be in the game.
Speaker 4: Where is they gonna win and go to Arizona?
Speaker 5: Okay, I go to Arizona.
Speaker 6: But what's your confidence? Really, you're playing pretty neutral right now.
Speaker 4: You have no confidence with this defense. I mean you really can't.
Speaker 3: I mean they can go out here, perform well like they did against Green Baint and come out head, lay down and get punching them out and roll over like a two dollar hook like they did up there against Carolina's Rico sitting up there telling you.
Speaker 4: You know, buckle up, cheap, cheap two dollars. I mean, my god, no, frid five dollars, but damn five make change. This is embarrassing.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 4: That was just embarrassing. I don't know what I'm gonna get. You don't know what you're gonna get. They don't know. They don't know. So he can sit up here.
Speaker 3: Hey, many working out man concepts Okay, you're working on it now, but you get out there, it does it work. So they're they're throwing they're throwing up straws against If they throwing things against the wall.
Speaker 4: To see what works, you will see.
Speaker 6: Let me let me follow up and ask you this question then, since we all know everybody keeps saying this is the defense and this is what the game is gonna come down to. Is your confidence more in eber Flus coming out here and making these adjustments and getting them right schematically, or is your confidence more within the players to say, hey, they're gonna take a sense of ownership, like who who do you have more confidence going in to get the problems fixed this week?
Speaker 4: The players?
Speaker 3: At some point I had to have some pride you guys. You three played the game. I didn't play the game, all right, you know, Barry Church to Montree More and Anthony Will. You guys played the game. So after an embarrassment performance like this where dude you used to play with told you to buckle up, went for two hundred plus total yards for a franchise record of Carolina, you on TV giving up a whole drive at six or seven to go, do you respond and you come home. You know, you got your family coming to the game. You know, got tickets fed by because you know they gonna want to come because this is what the second, the third now game, So you know, hey, we're flying in that that that that the necond game.
Speaker 4: Next game is not till till next month. Brothers is coming in. All the former Cowboys will be.
Speaker 6: That's the Cowboys legend. Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, stop.
Speaker 6: If you know, like I know, it's cracious. Man. Hey man, everybody, everybody can't be a dirty mac church out was wild but here.
Speaker 4: But by the way, Terry McLaurin not in practice, man, I hope he stays.
Speaker 6: On the side.
Speaker 7: But when the game is it's just close. This fit is a toss up. It is the tend to lean towards who has the better quarterback. Right now, I say Dallas's the better quarterback.
Speaker 6: You don't lean towards the better quarterback. And you got a young, spazy guy you got why would you? Quarterback league defense don't win championships. A quarterback league defense don't win the championships. I'm a defensive player. I'm looking at the defense. I look at DQ and them defense.
Speaker 3: Carolina have a better quarterback. I mean, Dak Prescott did all he could do.
Speaker 6: He did exactly. That's what That's what I'm saying. So his statement about the better quarterback winning, it's.
Speaker 3: I mean, with this defense, you know clearly we're seeing Dak's not perfect. But look the way he's playing right now, it don't matter.
Speaker 6: He's playing well.
Speaker 3: Eleven touchdown he's got past three games, past three games, eleven touchdowns over andrey yards passing and one interception.
Speaker 6: Dude is doing all exactly. And that's what I'm saying. Barry statement was in the game that's disclosed. The better quarterback wins. Last week when we all were talking about this, we said that the Panthers are more They're closer team than what you think if you're looking like that. So they have proven time and time again already this season that they have lost the close.
Speaker 3: Battles if they got the ball, if the cabin ended, yes, to have the ball. But with George Pickings out there, I would tend to go.
Speaker 6: I would love to too. But you know that we've seen we've seen a nominally last week, a six minute drive.
Speaker 4: Exactly like how many you go in six minutes?
Speaker 3: Fix it.
Speaker 6: But it ain't just it ain't just fixing it.
Speaker 4: And this week they're gonna fix it.
Speaker 6: Stop digging them.
Speaker 4: Last week it was trying to fix it. This week they're gonna they making it.
Speaker 6: They changed it up.
Speaker 4: Man, nothing off the table, but the answer is in the room.
Speaker 6: Remember that legedly do that?
Speaker 4: All right? Man?
Speaker 5: Hey, so I'm looking at this. I know Jerry already said they playing, but it said CD didn't practice yesterday.
Speaker 4: Actually, but today see the picture him and CD didn't practice yesterday. He was limited in practice. Okay. Injury report says Booker was also limited in practice.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't need to see an old linement in practice. I'm good and confidenting them going into the weekend. But that receiver, I need to see you doing some cutting. I need you out there high ankles. I need to see you getting busy what he said. I don't need just to who first period warm up? No, I need to see his coach say a good sweat and leather out there, sir. I need you to be game like. We gotta see this because that's the closest you're gonna get. We know you the superstar. We know people gonna hit you with the two hand touching. Let you go by and practice, Like really, he gotta do some dog work for me to feel that confident. But like you said, when you have George doing what he's doing, I'm not forcing him to do all.
Speaker 7: Just him being on the field should open up it so much more for this offense. I mean, if you look at that Carolina tape last week, he saw exactly what they were doing to stop this the run game.
Speaker 4: They had that extra safety in the box all day. Every day.
Speaker 7: They had that extra safety sitting in that box unblocked, and they were able to, you know, contain.
Speaker 4: Javonte will you and that front four good?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean Brown and I forget the other guy's name, but they got some dogs up there.
Speaker 4: But when you add a CD lamb into this package, man, I mean it's like pick your poison.
Speaker 7: If you're going to put that safety in the box and lean one guy towards CD, then George Pickens will be one on one.
Speaker 4: We see what he can do. You lean them towards Pickings.
Speaker 6: You got CD.
Speaker 4: So it should open up so much more for this offense.
Speaker 6: I get it. They'll open up because se CD is a Pro Bowl player that he is, but it is the office not already opened up enough. You got George Pikett, you got Jason Ferguson, who is one of the top producing tight ends out there right now doing what he's doing. Besides this bad weekend from Javonte Williams. He's the number two, if I'm not mistaken, it was. So it opens it up, But how much more does it over what.
Speaker 5: They're gonna So we're going hold on off with CD coming back? Or is the scheme going change?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Are we going to go from a balance scheme to now we're gonna try to throw sixty passes a game because he's back in here and and something like that happened. So like when when you say it's gonna open things up, I mean to an extent, it's going to do something. But unless the Cowboys are about to change their whole game plan and what they've been doing and being balanced as they've been up until this point, a whole lot ain't gonna change. It's just gonna be balls going to a different side of the field instead of all going over here.
Speaker 4: Thing is the same thing you got you Let's let's go to the Jets game.
Speaker 7: When Ceede Land was out and you had Pickens over here, and Ryan Fanoy went had whatever eleven targets, nine receptions, and Pickens only had those two. He had the one long touchdown and then he had another slant catch. Now you're telling me you put CD Lamb in that Flinoy role and you give him the eleven targets or whatever the case may be, that offense isn't even more explosive, like Florida was able to go out for one hundred and fourteen yards and your safety has to operate.
Speaker 4: And you said, yeah, exactly, like it's just it's just like you don't have to go ahead and switch.
Speaker 5: Summon. And how many did George have that game?
Speaker 4: He had a couple of targets, but card now he has he had.
Speaker 6: The number one quarter.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm saying the league where we're still talking about the number of targets. How many targets did he get that day? How many yards did he have?
Speaker 6: Two? Three?
Speaker 5: But also Javonte Williams was going to cross but still but you see where the ball went to. It went to one dude, And before CD got hurt, that ball was going to one dude. George was barely getting any targets. So they've shown you what they do. The ball is going to go to one dude and the other dude is not gonna be even in.
Speaker 4: Go back to the Giants game, that wasn't the case.
Speaker 3: So the first the first game, that was the case, and you had SHOTTHEIMRI even talk about, Hey, that was my fault. I've got to find ways to get George the football more Against the Giants. In that game, Cede Lamb had eleven targets, Jake Ferguson had twelve targets, and Pickings had nine. So that's what that was the last time that CD had played a full game with it.
Speaker 5: So when it goes to opening up, I'm thinking about something like that or going back to something that it was before. I'm not I'm not picturing something like beyond what we've seen and where I say they go to throwing the ball forty to sixty times a game. You know what I'm saying something like that.
Speaker 6: You know, that's what when I was saying open it up the offense, I guess when I asked you that counter question, I was more so alluding to the fact that now you do have more weapons, like do we it's flnor proven enough to say, hey, like you're not the main guy, but like you're solid two or three. You got Pickings out here that has solidified himself as a Oneonte as a one. Yeah, he's a fourth option one CD comebacks. But when your fourth option is this good, it's like, does it open it up more so just because CD's coming in there, or because of the productivity that they've already established amongst theirs.
Speaker 4: I think it just gives you more like you can have different styles and in different fights.
Speaker 7: In that situation, you can go out there and say, all right, y'all, y'all want to shut down Javonte Williams, all right, we got this slewer receivers out here, all right, y'all playing often, y'all want to take away the passing game. Well, that lightens the box for Javonte to get busy. So I just think it give you a different style.
Speaker 3: You mentioned some of those very different styles make different fights. I mean that Carolina, their front four was just pushing.
Speaker 4: The Cowboy they destroyed it.
Speaker 3: They were pushing them back and whatever tape they saw the Jets have and they We're gonna do this this and attack the Cowboys in front. They did a very good job. So it's a week to week league. Let's see exactly how these matchups all work when we come back. Dak Prescott up for an award right now, Let's see if he might be able.
Speaker 4: To win that. We'll do that next with Barry Church de Montree Moore.
Speaker 3: That is Anthony Dori set, son of Hall of Famer Tony Dorse at number thirty three, number one of hearts.
Speaker 4: I knew players, loush Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 11: Over Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 4: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 11: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 12: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a channel, it's action off the field. You need to focus on the holy play. You're running his chicken.
Speaker 4: So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season.
Speaker 12: We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce and jugs are freshly made tea and lemonade, all available.
Speaker 4: To order online or on our ay.
Speaker 12: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 2: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here, former Cowboys safety Davis. The you know what separates Hamptons from the rest, Making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot com that's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys today to get started.
Speaker 6: And learn more.
Speaker 2: That's Blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 4: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 6: The countdowns. The game day starts with Rally Days presented by Sea Geek. Get a behind scenes look at the AT and T Stadium. Meet the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders and alumni, play games, win prizes and more. Get your tickets for the next Rally Day on October eighteen at AT and T Stadium. Dot Com Slash Rally Days. No dash is none of that, just at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: That's demitre more Texas A and m's finest. That's me former Cowboy, I got Anthony Dorsett, former NFL player Berry Church, former Cowboy Newly Scruggs players are brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. So Terry McLaurin did not practice, and there was talk about McLaurin returning to help spark this offense.
Speaker 4: That has not done so well without em.
Speaker 3: He's been dealing with a quadricepts injury and he's missed the past three games. You guys, uh, stay on a bench and as we say, tell, tell, tell our listeners for a what a quad means for a wide receiver. M.
Speaker 7: I have never had one myself, but I would imagine that the explosiveness, the start and stop and suddenness that you use you, you know a lot of that quad muscle for has got to limit you in some way. If you're looking at a receiver, it's not always just a straight line dash. You know, you're making cuts in and out of cuts. You're trying to get away from these wide receivers and create separation. So if you have that, especially if it's on your dominant leg, your cut leg where you create the separation, if you're hampered in that way, it's got to limit the functionality of a wide receiver OUTO when I can speak for I've had.
Speaker 6: Two quad surgery where I've torn surgery. Yeah, quad surgery where you have to repair the media quad coming right over the knee that contracts it. You don't realize until you have one of those injuries how much your quad controls. Like your quad not only controls like your explosiveness, your power jumping and stuff like that. This depending on which part of the quad you injury is controlling that knee right there when you go in, when it's going in and out. If you're going to get an ncl a cl to like, it's the small things you don't realize how much it is. And for a receiver like you said, they have to be explosive at the drop of a diamond. It's like a Porsche like or drag racing. You have to be ready to get up at that top speed and to be that type of explosive player like itself. That nagging injury, if it doesn't heal up, it could still be there and tend to linger like I still get even when my quad was hell. I did rehab and stuff like that. If I didn't stre stretch enough or do or hydrated enough like all that plays a component in it. So it's a lot longer.
Speaker 5: I've had a thigh bruise before. I've never had anything like that, and I know, you know us taking the paths out. Yeah, so I got a face mask to the thigh one. And let me tell you something that that it took weeks for it to heel. First of all, the knot that comes in there and the bruised. It stays in there. Man, it's it's it's a lot of pain. But to have some type of surgery go through that thing and tear it up and you can.
Speaker 6: Fight, you can fight through it. You get p RP shots and all that. So even that's still that is a lingering. It's like an ankle quitting bet.
Speaker 4: Online.
Speaker 3: They've got their their updating the NFL Awards, So going into this week for the m v P, Baker Mayfield is now the new favorite, going from eight to one to two to one.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes is in second, while Josh Allen goes to third.
Speaker 6: What what.
Speaker 7: I feel like he gets Maybe I'm, you know, reading too much into this, but I feel like he gets a lot of big time past man.
Speaker 6: I respect I respect Josh Allen being on that list more than Patrick Mahons on that list right now. Like I don't. I'm just saying as far as a winning team doing this, Like yes, pat Dree Mahomes is who he is, they the only thing they have over there with the Chiefs. But it's like, come on, brother, you talking about top three right now, Like you didn't say there's so many other people right now? That's changing.
Speaker 4: They like Dak it's just falling under Joe Burrow like last year. Well you want the list, okay, I want I want the list.
Speaker 6: Riking owt for three.
Speaker 3: Okay, Baker Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes two, Josh Allen three, followed by Drake may Jordan Love, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Daniel Jones, Justin Herbert, Sam Darnold Yet and what I'm talking about and tied for eleventh with Aaron Rodgers is Dak Prescott a fifty to one along with Jaylen Daniels and Lamar Jackson are number one.
Speaker 5: Been in Dallas too long? Maybe maybe I don't know football no more. Maybe maybe my view is I'm getting used to seeing water down and no that boy is bawling, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's early.
Speaker 6: I'm just it's early.
Speaker 4: This this is what it is, all right.
Speaker 3: For Defensive Player of the Year, Nick Benito is the new favorite, followed by eight eight. Hudginson went from first to third. Brian Burns has gone from forty to one to twenty to one. Trey Hendrickson was fifty to one. He's dropped down all the way to one hundred and one. And Fred Warner is now off the board. Yeah, Fred Warner off the board. So your top four candidates for Defensive Player of the Year Nick Benito, followed by Michael Parsons at three to one, eight Hutchinson, Miles Garrett then of course following him as t J. Watt All right up there. Coach of the Year Shane stikeen is the favorite. Liam Cohen, Your boy has gone from first drop down to third?
Speaker 4: What keep his name out? John Mount?
Speaker 5: Who is he coaches?
Speaker 4: Give his name? Who was the first person who Shane stike is a coach?
Speaker 3: Coach Brian day Ball went from one hundred to one to twenty eight to one. Raheem Morris is up big time from seventy five to one to thirty three to one.
Speaker 4: Day Boughton went up, Yeah boy, Ye scatteratimboy and.
Speaker 5: Dark Mill.
Speaker 3: Eric Aaron Glenn's falling from two hundred and one to seven hundred and fifty to one.
Speaker 4: Who was that Aaron? He's falling down?
Speaker 3: Offensive Rookie of the Year Jackson Dart is a new favorite, passing a Mecca Obuka and but Nelly scamp Camp'scataboo went from thirty three to one to nine to one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, waves, man, what are we doing just because you could do a back lip? Me do some way anything? Come on, man, and Mecca ba is going off this year.
Speaker 6: But you also got to remember the market. I told you what I'll be saying. That market does not Raizy factor into market.
Speaker 5: Defense in New York.
Speaker 3: Wow, defensive player, yes, default so Defensive Player of the Year Abdual Carter the Giants has remains a favorite, but Jeha Campbell is a close second. Offensive Player of the Year Jonathan Taylor is now the favorite. Pooka Nikoua goes from first drops down to fourth, Jackson Smith and Jigma goes from sixteenth to nine to two odds, Josh Jacob sixty six to one to thirty three to one, and Saquon Barkley falling from thirty three to one to fifty to one. Your comeback Player of the Year in first place right now according to bet Online is Dak Prescott five to two odds, followed by Christian McCaffrey, Aiden Hutchinson and Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: So there's going to be the guy. I think his competition is gonna be.
Speaker 5: Jones, Damiel Jones. Wait, what's the award again.
Speaker 4: Come back player.
Speaker 5: You can come back from anything, come back from injury, contract, from.
Speaker 4: Just getting bench. You have it being there. I thought it was injured. I thought you had I thought get injured. He wasn't even playing.
Speaker 5: Right now they put it he was back. Remember he went from starting at fourth stream in Minnesota.
Speaker 6: I think I thought that was the injury award. My bet.
Speaker 4: That Dak Prescott is up for that.
Speaker 3: But you're offen to play you by the way, right now, Jonathan Taylor uh is in the lead, followed by.
Speaker 4: B John Robinson's cool. By the way, he's he's number two.
Speaker 3: Then Smack Jackson Smith and Jagba Pooking the coopl Christian McCaffrey and my ros Saint Brown and there are no cowboys on it.
Speaker 6: I just can't this guy to being bro first, don't respects. He's been doing his thing consistently. Now Jackson Dark, he just got in the mix, like what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Former giant? Thank you?
Speaker 6: Thinking here we go.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 6: Everybody's talking about him and he's making powerful running backs popular again, did he?
Speaker 5: He ain't got caught yet, Bro ain't exactly because he's been delivering. It's going over a hundred yours.
Speaker 4: Yet in the game, that's what I was, and I'm just like, how.
Speaker 3: You hey man, Let's let's trade carry the flag. He dropped his JJ McCarthy flag.
Speaker 6: Injured that it was.
Speaker 4: A great place in the show.
Speaker 3: It's a great place in the show, Trey, thank you, Anthony George said, thank you, mister Church, thank you.
Speaker 4: Restruct Thanks to Chris B.
Speaker 3: Josh and everybody here at Dallas Cowboys dot Com for making the Players Lounge happened.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys Do.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club