Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: All about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl sharing for the right teams, Drama Queens, my girl of girl Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drahna Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone, we are here for a Q and a episode. And I'm so glad that in spite of all the really really awful things that are happening specifically in LA but all around the world right now, I feel like there are just so many hurting people and communities and so many close friends of ours in Los Angeles who are losing homes and loved ones, homes and communities and places they've grown up. And we're so thankful that you are coming to spend time with us to hopefully help if your spirits, and we hope that we can do that for you. Sometimes it's just a really needed thing in the process of grief to be able to get your mind off of the things that are that are hurting. So Rob and I are here for you. We love you. We appreciate your support, and our hearts and thoughts and prayers are all with our loved ones and your loved ones, particularly in Los Angeles right now.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well said, Joy, And if you are tuning in for a little lighthearted distraction, that's what we're here to do. Hang around. It's going to be very lighthearted and hopefully quite distracting.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. Well. Our first question is from Austin and he wants to know what your favorite comedy movie is, Rob, what's your favorite comedy?
Speaker 3: That's hard, that's a good question. You know what just popped in my mind immediately was have you ever seen in the Loop?
Speaker 2: No? Wait, maybe that's not what I say.
Speaker 3: I think it was written by Armando Iannucci, the guy who wrote Veep.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant in the lip.
Speaker 3: It's except it's set in It's basically Veep, but it's set in British politics and it is so so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, that's great.
Speaker 3: That's up there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mine. The first thing that's coming to mind again, this is hard because there are so many comedies I love for different reasons, but one that always makes me laugh is see No Evil Here, No Evil with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, where one's deaf and one's blind, but they together witness a murder each of their respective abilities, and then they have to try and go on the run from the mafia and try and solve the crime at the same time using their each other's eyes and ears. It's just so brilliant.
Speaker 3: Talk about two comedic titans. Oh yeah, those guys were so talented.
Speaker 2: Anything with Gene Wilder put the camera on him and let.
Speaker 3: Him go, dude, I agree one. Yeah, I love me some Gene Wilder. Yeah, so so good. Next question is from Dina. Did anyone ever accidentally get injured while filming a scene? This is a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe this hasn't come up in all the years.
Speaker 3: Wow, I and you can think about this.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be on this show, does it.
Speaker 3: Let's start with one Treehill because I remember there's this scene that's going to come up in a future episode where uh, Clay and Nathan and the baseball player kid that Clay is like potentially going to sign. They're on a bridge overpass and Clay like snaps and runs, like just runs and tackles the kid over the bridge and we both fall into the water. I remember that. The scariest part of that wasn't falling into the water or doing anything. I think we all had stump people. It was that they were like, right before we shot it, they said, hey, so just so you know, we've had the stream, the water quality of the stream tested and the fecal amount is just below the critical marker.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm sorry, and the guy was like, so, don't get it in your eyes or mouth. I'm falling off a bridge into water. What. So I was just terrified shooting that because again it's supposed to be like it's like we're struggling, like trying to almost drown him and we're splashing. I'm thinking, I'm trying to not get poop water into my eyes or mouth while we're like thrashing about in the water. So that I was worried that because that, like you, that would get your real sick. I just prayed for the best. I mean, obviously, like if it was later in my career had been like maybe you find a new stream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's shoot something else today, We'll find a new stream yea.
Speaker 3: Or yeah. It was so it was just like it was. It was that I just had to I just did it. And with this Steve, I was just breathing like out of the corner of my mouth and not breathing water in. But yeah, that was that was probably the most afraid I was of getting having like a bad incident.
Speaker 2: This Steve, remember Steve Stunt coord one of his was he stunt or like he's a He was a taller guy, was kind of like heftier and had curly brown hair. Such a sweetheart, like the sweetest, gentlest guy. But he would just come up and tell you crazy things. It's a real matter of fact, like now there's alligators in the water, but we got snipers perched. So just like thanks man, see it at lunch.
Speaker 3: Stunt guys are a different breed man, there really are. But yeah, I'll never forget. They're like, yeah, we're gonna have a pulley and I was like a wet suit underneath all of my clothes because the water was quite cold. Yeah, and then it was sort of the throwaway thing. They're like, oh, and by the way, it's a dangerously high fecal content in the water, so don't get any it rows with their eyes and it was like, wait, what was the third thing you just said?
Speaker 2: Nope. So for me, I don't remember getting accidentally injured while filming anything on one tree hill. I don't think so. But I did early on in the series. In the season, the first season, there was a scene where Chad's throwing water balloons at the back of my head and they would not pop, and the joke was supposed to be he throws it, it bursts. I turn around like soaking wet, and then like, oh, it's on now, and then we get into a water balloon fight. But he, I mean, he had to throw these things. It was like twenty three times, I remember twenty four, so it was like some and it was getting to the point where I just started taking it personally, even though I knew it was not. It just I was I'm like, man, I'm back in back with my fifth grade bullies, Like this is no fun. And I remember getting really emotional and trying not to be a sissy and like cry on set on my new job because the water balloons weren't breaking. It's just like such a dumb reason to cry. But I definitely, I definitely did.
Speaker 3: Fair enough though twenty three times of getting hit with a water filled balloon in the back of the head's.
Speaker 2: And it wouldn't break, and it was just getting knocked and knocked and knocked. I was like, what, don't want people beating up on me?
Speaker 3: I like that you took it personally, even though it was entirely about just the strength of the plastic of the water balloon.
Speaker 2: It's like visceral muscle memory, man, Like, it's crazy to be how that works in life. Our brains, we can absolutely be cognitively aware that something is one thing, but our body muscle memory is connected to something in the past, and all we're doing is trying to hold it together. Like, oh yeah, okay, that's what that was for me. Anyway, Dana Sammy wants to ask Rob, who would you take to prom at Tree Hill High if you had been in earlier seasons? That is a great question. Who's your high school prom date?
Speaker 1: Pick?
Speaker 2: For Clay or maybe for you personally?
Speaker 3: Well, I think if it's Clay, there's actually a really good chance Clay goes solo.
Speaker 2: I see that. I feel that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I could see him being that guy who just he rolls solo, yeah, or he rolls with some friends. Yeah. Who would my I mean, listen, I wasn't cool or like desirable to girls in high school. I think for my senior prom, I took one of my best friend's little sister, which, of course, like her parents were thrilled about because they're like, oh who asked you? Oh Rob, He's not threatening at all. Great go and I have fun. So yeah, that's I don't have any wild prom stories. How about you? Did you go to prom?
Speaker 2: I went to prom? I went with friends. Yeah, I just I just went with friends. The boy I really wanted to go with was seeing was already dating like another girl, so we were good friends. But they were on again, off again, and then it was like, what's going to happen with prom? And then when Prom rolled around, they were on again. So I was sort of like, well, I guess I'll just go with my friends. So dumb.
Speaker 3: I yes, lost joy his loss.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I was a fun prom date.
Speaker 3: And he wants to know, what is the weirdest food you have ever eaten? Or if it's nothing that's been weird, what's a food you find absolutely disgusting? Jenny Nay honeymoon in Thailand. We went to lots of street markets and often they'd find these sticks. It was, you know how like you'll do like grilled meat on a stick. Yeah, it was the same thing, except it was different insects, So like a giant worm, some crazy Chaco looking and so we got that and we just took turns eating the different bugs.
Speaker 2: And you did did you were there any that you enjoyed? You were surprised, like, you know what, this cricket's not bad or whatever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I remember. There's some just kind of going like this isn't this isn't all that bad? No, And also some where you're like, this is I would only do this as a novelty.
Speaker 2: Dare you know as an insect shish kebob? Were there sauces?
Speaker 3: That's right, an insect kebob. It's basically exactly what sectbob.
Speaker 2: Were there sauces? Was this like a dip it in barbecue or like chocolate thing?
Speaker 3: No, that would have made it a lot more palatable.
Speaker 2: But it's just grilled grilled dance. Yeah, okay, I'd got you. I'd try it weird. I don't know. I don't flawn. I really hate flawn, but I can't think I know the texture of it. Is just really really gross to me.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Flan is a weird one to have a strong.
Speaker 2: Take on, very strong. Although love yogurt and pudding, just really hate flawn. So I don't know what my problem is.
Speaker 3: Do you I'm trying to think, do you like kish?
Speaker 2: I like keish?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of things that have kind of a similar I mean, I hear what you're saying in that.
Speaker 2: Flon.
Speaker 3: It's like, not Flon's shifty, right, because flawn is so soft and wiggly it shouldn't be able to keep its form the way it does.
Speaker 2: It's like creamy jello. I don't understand it the way it doesn't break apart like pudding. When you take a bite of pudding, it all dissolves at the same time in your mouth and it all but so it's like a It's almost like ice cream, like a melted ice cream. It's all happening at once. With flawn, I eat it and it breaks apart, but it still retains its gelatinous texture in certain spots. So I've got like a chunk of it on one side of my mouth and the other side is like kind of starting to spread apart. But there's like these little gelatinous crumbs, and I just get it's so confusing to me. I don't I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's like make up your mind on what you want to be.
Speaker 2: Thank you what I'm saying, that's right.
Speaker 3: Natalie asks what's your nickname by your family? And did you give any of your castmates nicknames?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I didn't. We man, I always wanted a nickname and just never was cool enough to have one. And my family wasn't really I don't really nickname people. It was just the three of us, my mom, my dad, and me so and my name is Joy. I mean, what are you going to do with that?
Speaker 3: But what if it was, like, what if your nickname was Bijo?
Speaker 2: Bijo, Hey, Bijoe, could could have been could have been? Yeah, I don't think there was enough cool in my family for that, not at the time. Did you have nicknames growing up? You know?
Speaker 3: A couple that helped get me to therapy from the family that is, and castmates by castmate nicknames? Well, Stephen Coletti, I always I called Steve.
Speaker 2: C stevee C. That's funny. Oh wait, I had like a joy bitter and when I was in high school, people called me Joy Joy all the time because Ren and Stimpy was on TV, so people would always say, like, Drodree, Hey, Droidre. I still get that. I do still have some friends who call me that. And then Joypitter was definitely the one because I'm a space cadet.
Speaker 3: I also who Chantelle was Van Scranton.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember that. It's cute.
Speaker 3: I think those were the only Paul Johanson.
Speaker 2: PJ Yeah or Paul Johnson. He nicknamed himself.
Speaker 3: Well that he doesn't say that he himself Yeah.
Speaker 4: In a classic Paul movie, Olivia asks, what's ah great question, Olivia, what's your favorite song from the nineties?
Speaker 2: How could I ever pick favorite song from the nineties? Oh, I mean probably a Billy Joel song, but most of his best ones are in the eighties. What's your favorite song from the nineties?
Speaker 3: I mean two front runners for me would be I think they were early nineties would be Tears for Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World and Crowded House, Don't Dream It's Over.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, there's a bajillion pop songs from the nineties, and raps like that are also strong candidates. But those are just two of the sort of off the beaten path ones I can think of.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think? I loved so so so much that Sophie B.
Speaker 3: Hawkins song, Damn, I wish I was your lover.
Speaker 2: Coming to meet you barefoot, bareyba as I lame me as I let me down to sleep. That's what it's called. Yes, yeah, like the chord progression on that and her voice and the way crescendos and all of it. And it's a short song, so you always want to go back and listen for more. I don't know that's coming to mind. I love that. And when did that song? You got that to handle? Playing the bars a candle? You know what that is? Never being the same? Oh yeah, well now you mean making my dreams come true? Hold outs? Yes? When did that song come out? Was that nineties or was that like seventy eight?
Speaker 3: I feel like that's gotta be like.
Speaker 2: Eighty, you think so, I think.
Speaker 3: I don't think that was ninety darn it.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe we would like have just scooted in early nineties.
Speaker 3: But that's a that's a great one.
Speaker 2: There's also some great nineties countryman like John Michael Montgomery Life's a dance. What's the one that Leanne Rhyme's won? That was so so good? That was the theme for conn Air. Remember that movie with Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like you had to say that, of course, I know what conn Air is.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tricia Yearwood, how do I live without you? Oh? Yeah, there's some really good songs in the nineties. Guys.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that song I'm the Scatman? No, I'm the Scatman? Babe tbw dop duop? What is that did? When? When this is overcording to yourself a favor and you just go listen to It's called Scatman and it's sung by scatman John Okay, and it was. It was popular for about two and a half weeks, but wildly popular, and our son recently rediscovered it, and so for like a month in this house, Scatman was on repeat and it haunted my dreams. But it's catchy. The first time you hear it, You're like, oh, I could definitely dance to this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna download it, okay. Kate wants to know what villain character on the show would you like to have played, and why we've had our share of villains on One Tree Hill. I don't think there's any better villain than Dan Scott, and that would have been a lot of fun. But I'm trying to think of another besides him, because I feel like we always say him.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Nanny Carey ooh, cause it would have been just like fun, let's see a male nurse. Let's see yeah.
Speaker 2: A little you know, that would have been really interesting. Uh yeah. Or Rachel probably would have been really fun too. I think she got to do a lot of really interesting things and she showed up in all these random places that you never expected her to be. She had an angle, yeah, and you never quite knew if she was sincere, and then she had moments and it felt like she really was, and then you realized she wasn't sure.
Speaker 3: Would you consider Chris Keller to be a villain?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Because if so, I'm gonna jump because I listen, I love me some Tyler Hilton, So I think, yes, I'll take a crack at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if he's technically considered a villain or not. I mean, he certainly it was when he came in, But yeah, that would have been that would have been a great role for you, for sure, if Tyler had If Tyler had didn't exist and wasn't around to fill those shoes, I would have loved to see your comedy chops really come out, because we've talked about this. You are so funny and you had to cry so much on our show, Like, I just want to see you make jokes and be funny too.
Speaker 3: It got heavy fast. You know what would have been a good one too, is what was the name of I'm freeting at the name of the woman that Kate French played who was trying to blackmail Nathan, just because it would be funny to see a guy doing yes, especially when I'm like, I'm pregnant, Nathan. Keep We're gonna be like, really do is that what? That's so good?
Speaker 2: Oh? Thanks guys. That was the end of our Q and A hope you're feeling all right and uh sending you lots of hugs and love and stay safe out there by friends. Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot h or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time we all about that.
Speaker 1: High school drama girl, drama girl, all about.
Speaker 2: Them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride at our comic girl cheering for the right team. Drama queens, my up girl fashion. What's your tough girl?
Speaker 1: You could sit with us, Girl Drama queens, Drama queens, Drama Queens, Drama drama Queens, The Queens